+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just Signed My Mate!

Amateur

Default Re: Just Signed My Mate!

i know 3 players in the game, one plays for Wrexham youth, Prestatyn Town and Port Vale youth all have pin point shooting accuracy as my testicles found out...

Amateur

Keeper for King's Lynn who helps with coaching the sixth form side at my old school, Danny Gay
    Defender for Peterborough Ressies who went to that school, Sam Gaughran
    Maybe a keeper for Corby Town but haven't checked was at same school as well, Steven Norris
    Lad for Grimsby from the same school again, Sam Mulready

Stoke City Researcher

Ryan Shotton at Stoke is a lad I spent a few years of high school playing against where he was a striker for his school side and I was in defence. In year 11 went for a sliding tackle on him, got the ball off him and as he carried on he stood on the side of my knee and ended my playing days lol.

Also Ryan Connor and Andrew Nicholls also at Stoke in the youth team, lads a couple years younger than me, went the same highschool, live just round the corner and have both been mates of my brother in the past and have been in my house a fair few times etc.

My cousin is a youth player at Havant & Waterlooville, he isn't in the game but had his ankle snapped courtesy of Claus Lundekvam last season lol.

Amateur

My mates cousins friends auntie went to school with this girl who knew a bloke that lived two doors down from.....erm erm someone believable...Didier Drogba!! damn shoulda gone for a league 2 player then id have had you all...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sandman View Post
    i used to live above a kaiserslautern reserve striker
    ...wouldn't happen to have been the recently departed Joshua Kennedy, would it?

I wish the Japanese league was in the game... Damn Konami... *sigh*

Amateur

I went to primary School and was pretty close to West Brom youngster Chris Wood. Cameron Lindsay the young Blackburn lad is my Cousins best mate so I played Football with him a few times. My claim to fame. Both have played in the Premier League.

Amateur

I once sold a gold fish to the sister of the the housekeeper who got a job for the daughter of the mother whos son delivered the newspapers for Gary neville's sister

Amateur

Before FM (on Champ Man) one of my friends played for Great Yarmouth so I signed him for my Spurs team and used him as sub now and again. About 2 months later he got unhappy about not being a first team regular.....talk about ungrateful!!!

Amateur

I've got like ten friends that you can find in the Norwegian small clubs Stålkameratene, Bossmo & Ytteren and Mo IL.

I also know a guy named Torstein Schanche (previously in Tromsø, now on free transfer) and Jacob Falch-Meidell (in Molde's U19 department, quite the talent on this year's version actually).

Part-Timer

Someone I play football with (not a pro btw) used to be Harry Redknapp's postman. Also, my little sister was at school with Jamie Redknapp's nephew Joe (son of Mark Redknapp).

This is all true, and not a wind up like some of these are. I live in Bournemouth, a place where the Redknapp's have some roots after Harry's spell at the club (he lives in Sandbanks just round the corner), and owns a restaurant just round the corner from my old house.

FACT!!!

Amateur

My old postman at work was the Histon captain Matt Langston. Always manages to score against my Diamonds on the game. We beat them irl last week so its fine.

Amateur

i know mark kennedy (formerly of millwall & liverpool) who used to be in the older cm's

Banned

My dad's Workmate's Son is also in the Game,Stephen McGinn of St Mirren.

Part-Timer

I used to sign my mate who was in the game when we were both 16. He was in the Crewe youth squad and I would always buy him, even if his stats were crap! And Keith Lowe also went to the same school, who came through The Wolves ranks. (I was also friends with a friend of Danny Guthrie, but that doesn't count )

Amateur

I knew Daniel Leinar, who plays for Motala AIF in Sweden, when I was younger. His then-girlfriend was in my class, and me and Daniel were out partying together a few times. Haven't seen him for about 12 years though.

And then of course we have Kim Källström who plays for Lyon, he was never really a friend of mine, but we were acquainted. He knew some of my mates when we were around 16 and I met him a couple of times. Already then it was clear that he would become a great footballer.

Amateur

On my 2009 in 2014 Mark Beevers plays for Newcastle and England

Third Team
    Belgian Pro League Prediction winner 2012/2013 - Just for SRL

Know a few people in the game, play FMO with a Folkestone Invicta player and i know a couple of the players from the Hereford first teamwho've just come up from the youth team and know most of the youth side. Thrilling.....
    Last edited by Timma; 18-11-2009 at 17:02.

Third Team
    Belgian Pro League Prediction winner 2012/2013 - Just for SRL

Quote Originally Posted by JimbobWWFC View Post
    I used to sign my mate who was in the game when we were both 16. He was in the Crewe youth squad and I would always buy him, even if his stats were crap! And Keith Lowe also went to the same school, who came through The Wolves ranks. (I was also friends with a friend of Danny Guthrie, but that doesn't count )
    Keith Lowe

Becoming a good full back for us (Hereford) after a poor start to the season. Really improving and putting in some very good performances and even scored his first goal the other day.

Amateur

i went to school with leon best and ben hutchinson

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Timma View Post
    Keith Lowe

Becoming a good full back for us (Hereford) after a poor start to the season. Really improving and putting in some very good performances and even scored his first goal the other day.
    What is it with Keith Lowe! He is going out with a girl i lived with at uni, nice enough bloke, my mate once got hammered and started talking to him about how 'You've been a rock for me at darlo, let me buy you a drink'

Amateur

and i guess my friends dad is on the game, he is the chairman of plymouth and his daughter who im friends with was going out with marcel seip last i heard - but given his bust up with the club maybe he dumped her and its why he got shipped out!

Another girl used to go out with matty fryatt at walsall never met him, few friends of mine know wolves striker ebanks-blake but only met him once

Banned

My Stepbrothers' Mate's Mum is married to Samuel Eto'o's Mate.

Amateur

my cousin is in the game, darren carter for preston. my other cousin was a free agent in fm09 not sure on fm10.

Amateur

A school friend of mine is on it, Mitchell McPike at Birmingham... not sure if his brother is, James McPike... he's at Solihull now, used to play for Birmingham too but I know him too..

Amateur

Half my school team are in the game; I'm the only one who turned (semi) pro who didn't ever make the game. Damn you SI!

But look the following up, they've all been in previous versions for sure, don't have FM10 yet, so haven't looked them up myself:

Dwight Ciampoli - was at Oxford
    Richard Claydon - Same, went to Oxford City briefly, now plays for Wantage.
    Mark Brind - Was at Wycombe, now plays in New Zealand.

Aside from my school team, I'm friends with a lot of the Oxford team and a few ex-Oxford players. Joey Beauchamp, king of drink driving and ****ing his money away at the dog track as well as a former Premiership left-winger, is family.

I have, at various stages, come across the likes of Matt Taylor of Bolton fame and Dexter Blackstock, against whom I played a few times as a youngster. I was actually on trial with him at Oxford. I also played at the same tournament, though we weren't in the same age group, as Theo Walcott.

Amateur

I'm Korean and I work at phone dealership in Sydney. The Sydney FC fullback, his name evades me, comes to our store and I've talked to him a couple of times. Wouldn't say he is a mate of mine though ^^

I play with some ex K-League guys on the weekend in a competition, not on my team though and pretty much they weren't superstars but they still a level above most of us ^^

Anyone played seroiusly against a superstar before?

Youth Team
    Reading - Season ticket holder since before we were any good

As a youngster I played against Colo Halit who is in the game and plays for Dalkurd in the Swedish League 1 equivalent. Back when I played him he was 1000 times better than any other player our age in the area. He had trials for Man U and Reading, turned pro briefly with Molde in Norway but ended up in the Swedish lower divisions. Shame really because we all thought that he would turn out class.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by erik86 View Post
    Shame really because we all thought that he would turn out class.
    The same with me and my mate. He was miles better than anyone else at school (we were alright too), and many people had trials at local teams, but it was clear to us that he would make it. And it was kinda sad to hear that they let him go. He then played a bit for smaller local teams before quitting altogether

Youth Team

The same with me and my mate. He was miles better than anyone else at school (we were alright too), and many people had trials at local teams, but it was clear to us that he would make it. And it was kinda sad to hear that they let him go. He then played a bit for smaller local teams before quitting altogether
    Yeah Colo was immense back when we played against him. I saw him play in a friendly for his then team (Brage) against Reading in Sweden and he ran the show. He went on to have a trial but for some reason it didnt work out. He still has a small chance but he is 23 now and did his knee ligaments back in the spring. I for one hope he goes pro coz I can then say "I played against him"

Youth Team

BTW didnt you have an immensley long save with WW in FM09? Doing the same this year? Or was that someone else?

Part-Timer

No that wasn't me, but I commented on a thread about that. That's where you've probably seen my name pop up. Is this the thread?

Amateur

i used to play football with scott loach at school who is currently playing 4 watford and the england u21's in goal. got pretty good stats on the game too

Quote Originally Posted by ReeNah View Post
    I'm Korean and I work at phone dealership in Sydney. The Sydney FC fullback, his name evades me, comes to our store and I've talked to him a couple of times. Wouldn't say he is a mate of mine though ^^
    If it's Shannon Cole, kick him in the nuts for me.

STAND UP FOR THE VICTORY!!! /me claps

Amateur

My mate is mates with Andy Lonergan's brother, my brother went to ibiza once when PNE were having a preseason tour and he met most of the team and got on well with Ricardo Fuller and David Healy. That's about it!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tottenhamfmo7 View Post
    lol

I did her the night before, she's good isn't she..
    Hell yeah, I didn't like the sloppy seconds, though! lol

Youth Team

No that wasn't me, but I commented on a thread about that. That's where you've probably seen my name pop up. Is this the thread?
    Thats the one! I can never get past 5-6 seasons so I've started a journeyman this year to see how long I can keep going.

Amateur

Denis Alibec - Inter youth team very good prospect in the game as he is in real life

Amateur

Tom Winters - Brackley Town - was in the year below me at school! He played a few games for Oxford Utd when they were in League Two.

Amateur

i know about 10-15 players very well from ireland either still playing here or away in england etc.Played with and against them so new them well. was hoping i be in the game but wasn't maybe next year

Part-Timer

I went to School with Scott Robinson who plays for Hearts

Semi Pro
    And here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know!

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.R.T.I.N View Post
    used to hang about with matthew mainwaring at stockport
    Matty's a good player

broke his leg in pre-season, but is about a month away from fitness. Will be like a new signing when he returns

My cousin's mate is Connor something, I'm not sure about his name, but he plays for Chesterfield and is one of three goalkeepers in the first team and he is quite young.
    Also Fabian Delph and Josh Falkingham came to my Football Presentation last May and that is quite impressive as we are quite a small club.
    Finally my best friend's ex girlfriend, was Aidy Boothroyds niece, and you may know his brother as he owns Steves Carpets .

Amateur

I'm in game if you add Finnish lower leagues. Play as righ back.

Amateur

I'm in Siauliai FK - 2 in Lithuania.Playing for U18...

Amateur

i went to school with a lad and i used to play football with him and used to live near him when he was playing for wigan athletic, his name is kieran charnock who is at torquay united.
    Last edited by djalk; 16-01-2010 at 13:28.

Reserves

Since this old thread has got a bumping and been revived today, I'd like to add a suggestion.

I don't know anyone in the database, but I think it would add interest if people were to comment on the daabase's attributes, personality descriptions etc. E.g. do you think your mate is better or worse than the game rates him? Does the game rate him 'determined' when you think he's a lazy git etc.

Amateur

I was in the same year as Mitchell Hanson (Derby County), Nathan Doyle (Hull City) was at my school albeit a couple of years above me. My girlfriend went out with Will Hoskins (Watford) when she was at school and a good mate from work used to play football with Leon Best (Coventry).

Youth Team

a friend of my parents, nephew plays for newcastle (Harper)

Amateur

i always sign my uncle david batty as ass manager for leeds :P

Amateur

One of my friends lives next door to Jack Rodwell.

Another friend of mine peed in David James' swimming pool when he was a kid.

Amateur

Not a "mate" by any stretch of the imagination, but I knew someone at school who supposedly was going off to join West Ham's youth academy, but this was after I'd moved to another school on the other side of the country, so I don't know if he ever did it (and subsequently made it). For the past few versions I've wanted to see if he's in the game, but rather embarrassingly over the course of the past six and a half years, I've forgotten what his surname is so I can't look him up (all I remember is that his first name's John, he's Scottish and he'll be 23 by now...which doesn't narrow it down all that much )

Part-Timer

my best friends cousin - Mark Randall of arsenal

Amateur

I went to school with a lad called Tam Makindawire (sp). He was a few years below me, ended up on the books of West Brom, a few moves later I heard of him at Hereford, not sure where he at now. At school he was an amazing player.

Just shows what poor training facilities can do for ya.

Amateur

Even though I didnt really know him that well, I went to the same school as a guy called Lewis Marr who used to be in the Newcastle youth team a few years back. Dunno if he is still in there though.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by baker.simon View Post
    My mate is at Rugby Town but i believe you have to use a large databse to find him. David Kolodynski is his name.
    Kolodynski

He once nutmegged me on his way to sending the keeper to the floor and chipping him. Bad times, bad times indeed

Amateur

My mate's parents know Joey Barton. My mate's even gone out on the píss with him. Didn't like him though. :P

Amateur

guys i used to work with used to go to school and play football with jack wilshere, and england legend paul ince works at mk stadium rite next to my sports shop and they all train in our gym (Y)

Amateur

Im in the game, search for Cristiano Ronaldo. Should come up even with a small database. lol

Semi Pro
    And here's to you, Jimmy Gannon, Stockport loves you more than you will know!

Quote Originally Posted by Boroboy100 View Post
    I went to school with a lad called Tam Makindawire (sp). He was a few years below me, ended up on the books of West Brom, a few moves later I heard of him at Hereford, not sure where he at now. At school he was an amazing player.

Just shows what poor training facilities can do for ya.
    He's at Leyton Orient. Supposedly being linked with Millwall

Quote Originally Posted by leeds4eva View Post
    I know Beckham's wife, shagged her the other night.
    hmm, lovely, bag of bones that she is

on-topic and i know absolutely no-one, although always used to put myself and my mates from my 5-a-side team on the game

Amateur

My cousin plays for scunthope utd reserves and gateshead (on loan) used to have a potential ability of -8, actualy he might still have it havent checked on this one. His name is peter winn
    Last edited by Sheep UK; 16-01-2010 at 19:41. Reason: ?sp

Part-Timer

My mate Andy Alvarez plays for Swan SC in Western Australian Amateur Leagues, and he was in FM2009. I haven’t played an Australian save in FM2010 yet, but I always sign him as he is good young potential for the Glory.

Reserves

Well.. My Lower School teacher's Husbands Brother is Andy Johnson of Fulham.
    Other than that I'm not sure but as i'm 13 I don't have any mates obviously who could be in the game although a few friends of mine play for Youth teams. Two of my mates play for Rushden & Diamonds, My friend Ben Tilney plays for MK Dons youth and I dub him to become a great player in the future and then another of my mates plays for Luton youth I think.. :|

Amateur

One of my friend's aunties has something to do with David James...

Married or something, related in some in-law/ half way, cant remember to be honest..

Reserves

Oh that's a Cool name but how the hell do you expect someone typing in English to find a player like that on FM?

Not signed him but reffed him in real life and know him from uni: Mitchell Bailey at Bamber Bridge. Played for Huddersfield against Chelsea in the cup a few years back. Got a couple good stories about Lampard.

Amateur

My cousin is Jeppe Hestehave (former FC Copenhagen among others).
    I played in the same team, as a guy who used to play youth football with a lot of Atletic Bilbaos players (Fernando Llorente and so on)

Banned

i went to school and played in the same team as ishmael miller and often played against James Milner for another club

Amateur

I'm in the game, just search for 'Ronaldinho' ;)

Amateur

distantly know Spencer Harris (Huddersfield) and Nathan Cartman (Brighouse) farsley on the game

Amateur

I signed Tomi Maanoja who I went to high school with once, he was the Finnish U-21 first choice keeper in 07-09.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bAtesy View Post
    I was in the same year as Mitchell Hanson (Derby County), Nathan Doyle (Hull City) was at my school albeit a couple of years above me. My girlfriend went out with Will Hoskins (Watford) when she was at school and a good mate from work used to play football with Leon Best (Coventry).
    St. Benedicts on Duffield Road?

Amateur

My best man at my wedding plays for Partizan Beograd - Milos Bogunovic (still only has one cap for serbia, decent stats so might have to change that)

Amateur

My cousin Karl Coleman was at Shamrock Rovers on FM09, not sure about FM10 though.

Amateur

got 2 mates who play for swindon there called saun morrison and ben joyce and seen dan gosling out on the town a couple of times when he was he in plymouth

Amateur

I went to school with Jordan Stewart. Complete bell end.

Semi Pro

Ma cusns best friends are Ricardo Fuller and Kieron Dyer, Richardsson who used to play for Man Utd is very good friends with my cousin ...

Amateur
    Stalking Mourinho, waiting for him to sign with us.

My mate called Aaron King plays for liverpool U18's! but apparently my scout says he will be bad

Youth Team

James Armstrong in Sunderland youth team.

Banned

Alex Henshall + lUKE Ballinger - Swindon town, Bristol city, luke was on fm06 alex should have been on this one as he was in the squad for the fa cup game this year but whoever does the research for swindon left him out of the database

Amateur

Played football with Louis Moult for 5 years at grass roots level.

Amateur

greg cunninham(think its gregory cunningham) went to my scholl, he plays for man city, he good

Semi Pro

Distant relative to Craig Moore and as Im living in Australia players Ive met/been at school with aren't much to brag about.

My Dad and Mums old mates are in the game as coaches. Only relative I can think of atm is my Dads cousin, Ian Scanlon, but he retired a while back.

Lurker

Went to school with Jack Wilshere.

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Zola444 View Post
    My mate called Aaron King plays for liverpool U18's! but apparently my scout says he will be bad
    He's good for the lower league clubs not really good for big teams though.

Your mate is a 20 year old free agent on my game :| He's actually pretty good though.

Amateur

My mates cousin is Hayden Mullins never sign him though.

Banned

I don't know anybody who is in the game but HOPEFULLY I will be in the next version.

I currently play for Clevedon United who are playable with the "patch" which adds all english clubs down to level 10, although not with real players.

I am a 19 year old Goalkeeper who currently plays first choice for Clevedon United.
    Quite frankly, I am too old really to start touting myself to clubs as most of they are looking for younger talent but hopefully I can get a contract somewhere.

I am in the process of trying to get trials at any club I can and only have 2 set up so far.

The first is with Bristol Rovers in March, helped by the fact that I know one of their coaches!
    The second is with Swindon Town.

I highly doubt that I will get anything solid out of it although the Rovers coach I know has said that they are taking on some young players on Part-time contracts at the moment, to have a proper look at them, and I hope to get that chance to train for a decent period of time in a proper coaching setup.

Amateur

Gonna sign one of my best mates in FM2011, when he comes through the ranks at Cambridge

Amateur

My PE Teacher plays for Gateshead, Graeme Armstrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oO Troggy Oo View Post
    My PE Teacher plays for Gateshead, Graeme Armstrong.
    He ain't too bad. Could be a good lower league target man. Would be great if he was a bit taller though!

Amateur

One of my cousin's mates is on the game.

Loaned him on my Stoke Bishop game from Huddersfield (where he is at) in the Bristol Downs League Division Four. Also loaned a Liverpool Reserves striker on loan. The fans liked my cousin's mate compared to the Liverpool Reserves player. Thought that was quite funny.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by boots317 View Post
    I wonder if any pro's take over teams they play for and pick themselves regardless of their stats!
    probably the rubbish ones and subs and i bet you they make themselves better and id say some wouldnt be happy with the attributes they get on fm

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Graham FM View Post
    i know about 10-15 players very well from ireland either still playing here or away in england etc.Played with and against them so new them well. was hoping i be in the game but wasn't maybe next year
    what player are you
    what team

Reserves

I was in the game , ex wrexham fc ... not in this time though

also know a lot of the welsh national team lads , bit of a tight community though tbh.. was sitting in a pub with dean saunders and a few players a week and a half ago for pint and burger (he had coke the ponce).

john toshack (hate him) was in my little home town to open a stand

oh yeah.. been out drinking with most of the british based trinidad and tobago national players in chester too

Amateur
    Worthing (oh and my psn is SalmonCannon add me if you like peoples)

i went tot school with someone who played for Brighton reserves a while back, was on 2 versions of the game, one of them he got quite good as well
    also i used to work for Kerry Mayo's (ex-brighton) brother who is a landlord in my home town!

Amateur

Gods honest truth here..
    met a lad at uni who is best mates with tom ince, paul ince's son. He's invited me to toms 19th bday party where a lot of the liverpool reserves are going to be. As well as this, toms godfather is ryan giggs so he is also going to be there. Just to top it off, tom is currently seeing rochelle from the saturdays so they are all going as well..going to be a good night!

Amateur

I'm in the game, quite pleased with the stats it's given me as well. Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva, I should be on most games, regardless of database. Annoyingly difficult to sign though.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Barkermush View Post
    My mates younger brother plays for Man Utd, Oli Norwood but i think it's his full name on the game
    'Oliver Norwood' He's been on the past few FM's.

He actually looks like a good promsing player on Fm10, Nice to see some one from Burnley looking good

Edit: Of course there is Jay Rodriguez who is from Burnley but i don't know him
    I knew a few youth team players on old CM/FM's but they wern't very good.

My mate Crossley, He his still on the game and as been on it since FM07 i think.
    He was a goalkeeper for Burnley a couple of year back and his still on the game as a free agent.

Played sunday league football with him for about 4 years untill he left at the end of last season.
    He also played for a Saturday team for a couple of years, Read or somthing.

He played in defense for our Sunday team haha, Used to always go out with him at weekends before he left,
    Thats probably why he could'nt find another team lol, Very sound lad though.

Same birthday as me!

Scummer though

Banned

hanno balitsch from hannover 96 is my mate from old times

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Eye View Post
    My Mrs's brother playes for Sheff Wednesday...his Name is Mark Beevers and seemes a decent player in the game...wont sign for Barnsley though~(gutted!!)
    I ended up signing him for Man Utd on FM09 was actually pretty damn good! Only was in my side for one season before FM10 came out...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast