The FM 'Give Youth A Chance' Challenge

Well seeing as I was responsible for starting this challenge a couple of seasons ago I'll take the responsibilty for starting this thread this year. I will also definitely give it a serious run for its money.

Thanks to the editor and super bladesman's hard work we're going to do it a little different this season. First you will need to download super bladesman's English League level 10. This can be found HERE. Just follow his instructions, its real easy.

RULES

1 - No need this season to go on holiday because as you have the ultimate challenge you can get to it straight off. Take control of a "level 10" club, anyone you like.

2 - Be honest when entering your nationality and of course your experience is "Sunday League Footballer". Tick the "Add key staff" button to get you started staff wise.

3 - Under no circumstances are you permitted to buy or loan players from any club or bring in freebies. Your only access to players are your youth system and your "grey players". I do believe the game will actually give you a full squad of regens. You can however loan players OUT. This may well become key in getting those regens upto scratch. How much detail you run with is irrelevant as is including other leagues or size of database as you can't buy those players anyway.

4 - You may only bring in a coach, physio or assistant if you haven't got one already. His/her reputation must be "obscure". The idea is that when your youth players get older you employ them as staff.

5 - The 1st part of this challenge is complete when you have won the Premiership AND Champions' League with a team made up entirely of your own youth products. Your staff must also be a product of your youth system.

6 - No international management until you have completed the 1st part of this challenge. When the first part of the challenge is complete you can take the England job (and only the England job). Then to be the ultimate supremo you must win the World Cup with a squad of ONLY your players and staff from your own club whilst still winning the Champions' League and Premiership in the same season.

These rules may be updated along the way so keep watching. :)

REMEMBER!!!

There is no way anyone is ever going to complete this without cheating. The question is which one of us can get the furthest. Please give the sort of end of season reports you see in the other challenges. In this challenge avoiding relegation by a point, from say the North West Counties League Premier Division", is definitely going to be a major achievement.

Cheers and the very best of luck :thup:

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well here I go then

Here's the personal profile of the new manager of Cullompton Rangers of the South West Penninsula League Premier Division.

Updates to follow. Thankfully not too many Cups. As well as the League we are in the FA Vase and the Devon St Lukes County Cup. A bank balance of £4,000. £9 for a ticket to watch us at Speeds Meadow or £128 for a season ticket. :p

Good to see its surfaced - lets hope it can capture the imagination of a few more players and really get going.

Happy to see you have included the full range of league too mate - I think I wouldve done the same had I started the challenge.

I do however disagree about your statement that this challenge is impossible. It isnt - look at my Staines career and you can see how I am improving on FM09.

Now that this is here I very may well start this challenge now and Im aiming to complete it.

Ha, but yeah we might be in for a shock at Level 9 standard! :D

Also think this challenge will be a lot harder than previous incarnations, due to a lack of a starting squad, but the beauty of it is is that the WHOLE clubs history is down to you and your youth players.

Im excited, starting now mate. :thup:

No the senior team have senior ages and you get quite a big U18s team too. But then I have put it on large database (I think).

Oh dear GH Academy offer me a friendly so I can look at some of their players. Not that I can buy them anyway but those guys are so poor even our level 10 team just beat them 2-0. :D

Famous last words. Despite dominating we lost 1-0 at home to Tonbridge of the Isthmian League Premier and lost our main centre back to injury for 4 weeks. :(

Then got beat 2-0 at home by Lingfield of the Sussex County League and lost a 1st choice central midfielder for 3 months.

Just in time for the start of the season eh? :(

So, Gillford Park here we come! A local club from me, Im just 5 minutes from their Carlisle based ground, and have seen them play a few times.

Here's my Manager Profile and here's a quick look at our facilities - a nice 4000 capacity stadium there.

Looking at the squad, and it isnt bad, but its certiainly not brilliant. Only one of my players in wanted by anyone, and our strikers are nearly all laughably bad, this could be a struggle.

A few of my better players:

Ben O'Leary - Singled out as my best player, he looks decent and will be a full time fixture in the squad.

Ian Jones - My only half decent striker, I pulled him up from my under 18's and he looks decent. Good finishing, composure and first touch, also very interesting to see what mad things he done with 20 for flair.

Richard Ballard - Young lad, looks a decent all rounder and very versatile. Also very tempted to make him captain at aged 15 just to see what happens! Will be partnering O'Leary in central midfield.

Richard Fulton - Another young lad, I can see him being the mainstay of my central defence for quite some time.

High expectations then? [sorry that was awful]

Took me 3 games but our first ever league win 1-0 at home to Falmouth Town. :D

This will be a seriously long term game because to complete the challenge all your staff must have come from your youth setup. :o

LLM has nothing on us.

Welcome Andehlson, another Gillford Park player I see, quite extraordinary that.

Ive started nicely - Lost the first game away at Crook Town 2 - 1 - As 16 year old captain Ballard scared the first ever goal in this clubs history (The decision to make him captain went down in a mixed fashion by the way), but weve won the last two on the bounce, scoring 4 and conceeding none. 5 goals scored and 5 different goal scorers which is a good sign.

3rd in the division.

Ah didnt notice that it was the club you chose :p

Hmm... my top striker has 5 finishing and 6 composure :( (just looked at Ian Jones... want one of those!)

EDIT: Wow... sold 20 season tickets :D

Mine has 2 finishing, 5 composure - but he runs like a cat chased by a dog: 14 acceleration and 13 pace, lol

20 season tickets? Not too bad, but I beat you with the extremely high number of 45:D

£5K in income thanks to that - oh, soon to get a youth academy...

Mine has 2 finishing, 5 composure - but he runs like a cat chased by a dog: 14 acceleration and 13 pace, lol

20 season tickets? Not too bad, but I beat you with the extremely high number of 45:D

£5K in income thanks to that - oh, soon to get a youth academy...

Well my best striker has 4 finishing and 8 composure, and acceleration 10 and pace 13 so might be OK.

Im just playing an attacking 442, quick tempo, direct passing, lots of width and lots of closing down.

Has done the trick for me in lower leagues for ages. Against tough teams away from home I sometimes switch 20 mins in to a varient; play short passing and narrow, defensive, slower tempo, counter attack ticked, but i always start out with the same tactic and mentality.

No the senior team have senior ages and you get quite a big U18s team too. But then I have put it on large database (I think).

Oh dear GH Academy offer me a friendly so I can look at some of their players. Not that I can buy them anyway but those guys are so poor even our level 10 team just beat them 2-0. :D

S_B had to create a lot of clubs at level 10, and the ones if the default DB won't have many players, if any.

Ticking 'Add key staff' generates older players as well as staff and youth players. Unticking it doesn't generate any employed staff and all generated players are youth players.

Did anyone ever complete this challenge on previous versions?

S_B had to create a lot of clubs at level 10, and the ones if the default DB won't have many players, if any.

Ticking 'Add key staff' generates older players as well as staff and youth players. Unticking it doesn't generate any employed staff and all generated players are youth players.

Ive got to League One on three occasions now, Fm05, 07 and 09, so thats the benchmark really.

Highest was League 1 or Championship

Christ, the FA Vase roundup dosent half take ages to process! Little update and im up to 2nd in the league, with an impressive 10 points from 5 games, with 3 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat. Weve scored 6 goals and still yet to find a player to score more than one goal. Also still havent decided who is best to partner my best striker Ian Jones and I am currently just rotated my other three strikers around him basically.

Also a good start to my cup campaign with an away draw at Level 9 side Pickering, a dire 0 - 0 will see us with a chance in the replay.

My first 4 league matches.

Newton Aycliffe - Gillford Park 0-0

Thornaby - Gillford Park 0-0

Gillford Park - North Shield 2-0

Sunderland Ryhope - Gillford Park 0-1

The predictions for the first two matches were something like "Gillford Park face the impossible"... yet the opposition didnt manage a single shot on target (but the fans didnt like the second draw :/ )

In my only home match we had an amazing crowd supporting us... 66 people came to watch Gillford Park!

Im currently 5th :p

PS: Processing cup days sure is a pain ><

So far: -

Buckland Ath 3-2 Cullompton Rangers

Clyst Rovers 2-1 Cullompton Rangers

Cullompton Rangers 1-0 Falmouth Town

Cullompton Rangers 2-0 Saltash United

Sit 6th in the SWPL PD with 6 points from 4 games. Amazed that we are getting goals from corners as my best taker in the entire club has a corner taking attribute of... TWO!!! :o

2 cup matches. Lost both.

FA Vase - (20 mins of processing?!?!?!) againt Staveley MW (0-1)

Brooks Mileson Cup - against Brandon (1-1... (2-3 pens))

Well... at least ill have an emptier schedule. Hope next FA Vase round doesnt take 20 mins to process :\ (slow laptop..)

My top scorer atm is... Shinnie ! My D C (2 goals :D)

Archived