+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

  1. #1
    Amateur
    Join Date
    25th January 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR, USA
    Posts
    95

    Usa Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    PRetty much what the title says.

    Im in the USA, Salem, Oregon to be excact. Does anybody know where i can buy FM 2010 in stores or from an online retailer?

    Any help woul be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks guys.

    Dan

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    29th August 2009
    Location
    www.fmchat.co.uk
    Posts
    4,743

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by sorensoni55hite View Post
    PRetty much what the title says.

    Im in the USA, Salem, Oregon to be excact. Does anybody know where i can buy FM 2010 in stores or from an online retailer?

    Any help woul be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks guys.

    Dan
    Amazon?

  3. #3
    Third Team
    Join Date
    1st September 2006
    Posts
    6,219

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    There's probably a similar thing to steam in the US I would imagine. Perhaps you could even try steam itself.

  4. #4
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    21st June 2008
    Posts
    1,223

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I'm in Eugene ha, I've gone with steam the past two years, but don't like much this year. I don't know what the non steam version is like, but steam can take awhile to load some times. Online would be your best bet, or maybe you could get bestbuy to get you a copy.

  5. #5
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,243

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    In terms of boxed product, Amazon is the only retailer stocking FM in America.

    Otherwise digital download is an option - see the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

  6. #6
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    31st May 2008
    Location
    Sitting out FM15.
    Posts
    1,292

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I use Steam. Haven't had any problem...other than constantly buying games when they go on sale!!!

  7. #7
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th July 2008
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I bought steam and my game has crashed 4 times

  8. #8
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th October 2007
    Location
    a Yankee in the US
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I live in Ohio and for every versio, I have always ordered from gameplay. I never had issues with this. This year, I was happily suprised to see that Amazon was offering the game. It was shipped about a week earlier than originally thought and Im hoping to get it tomorrow.

    So Amzaon is really the only US way to order or from somewhere in the UK. Either way works wells I think, except for the time it takes from the UK to arrive.
    Last edited by rocky0; 12-11-2009 at 01:04.

  9. #9
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2003
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    In terms of boxed product, Amazon is the only retailer stocking FM in America.
    Is that par for the course Matt? Obviously football (mens, at least) remains way down the scale in terms of popularity in the States but I'm surprised to discover that FM (or is it still WSM?) is not available in a single (offline) shop/store.

  10. #10
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd February 2006
    Location
    ATL, USA
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    GoGamer.com seem to have boxed copies. I got my FM09 from them, but went Steam this year.

  11. #11
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th August 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I live in Ohio. Amazon said it would be released on Nov 2. I pre-ordered it on Oct 31 and it came to my door on release day! You can't beat that!

  12. #12
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th August 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoome View Post
    Is that par for the course Matt? Obviously football (mens, at least) remains way down the scale in terms of popularity in the States but I'm surprised to discover that FM (or is it still WSM?) is not available in a single (offline) shop/store.
    Its Football Manager 10 now no matter where you live. Selling something that said Football but really was a soccer game would **** a lot of people off i'm sure lol.

  13. #13
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th December 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    182

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by killface View Post
    I'm in Eugene ha, I've gone with steam the past two years, but don't like much this year. I don't know what the non steam version is like, but steam can take awhile to load some times. Online would be your best bet, or maybe you could get bestbuy to get you a copy.
    First I am shocked to find another FM player in Eugene let alone more in Oregon...

    But your best bet is Amazon, the retailers wont sell it, not enough demand

  14. #14
    Amateur
    Join Date
    24th November 2008
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Alternately, Gogamer.com sells FM10 as an import, which nicely avoids issues with patches and what not that have existed with past WSM versions.

  15. #15
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    22nd March 2002
    Location
    www.molej.com
    Posts
    2,482

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I have ordered in the past from Gogamer, they have FM 2010 as a import as mentioned already. Here is the link

    I went with Steam last year with no problems. May buy from Steam this year, just a little worried with some of the comments about Steam and FM.

  16. #16
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th August 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandras View Post
    Alternately, Gogamer.com sells FM10 as an import, which nicely avoids issues with patches and what not that have existed with past WSM versions.
    Amazon.com sells FM10. There is no WSM anymore.

  17. #17
    Semi Pro
    Join Date
    28th June 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,243

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by shoome View Post
    Is that par for the course Matt? Obviously football (mens, at least) remains way down the scale in terms of popularity in the States but I'm surprised to discover that FM (or is it still WSM?) is not available in a single (offline) shop/store.
    Correct whoever pointed out no more WWSM - that's gone. FM is global now...

    And yes, retail shelf-space is at a premium so Amazon remain our best partners for the title in the US. Support them if you can...

  18. #18
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    29th January 2007
    Location
    Washington DC but my heart lies in Leicester
    Posts
    1,173

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mole_J View Post
    I have ordered in the past from Gogamer, they have FM 2010 as a import as mentioned already. Here is the link

    I went with Steam last year with no problems. May buy from Steam this year, just a little worried with some of the comments about Steam and FM.
    I personally have had no problems with Steam & FM10 so far - Loving it in fact. Nice little touch with the achievements.
    I live in the States too, and had no idea Amazon were selling it... Might consider a boxed copy next year then and activate via Steam.

    EDIT: Matt: maybe for next year include a link to Amazon for the purchasing options sticky?
    Last edited by dirtyscarab; 12-11-2009 at 14:23. Reason: Additional

  19. #19
    Amateur
    Join Date
    19th October 2008
    Location
    Paintsville, KY, USA
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I also ordered it from Amazon and that worked perfectly...

  20. #20
    Amateur
    Join Date
    6th November 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I ordered it from Amazon and even was able to select a free shipping option.

  21. #21
    Amateur
    Join Date
    27th February 2003
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt - SEGA View Post
    And yes, retail shelf-space is at a premium so Amazon remain our best partners for the title in the US.
    Thanks Matt.

  22. #22
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th August 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    I vote for Amazon all the way. As I said in an earlier post I got my copy on release day! The price wasn't bad either. I had no problems installing it offline.

  23. #23
    Amateur
    Join Date
    12th January 2009
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Do you have anything against Steam? That's how I got mine and it's working great, no problems so far after a season.

  24. #24
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th August 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by WingZeroMkII View Post
    Do you have anything against Steam? That's how I got mine and it's working great, no problems so far after a season.
    I used Steam for 09 but it took up a lot of space on my computer. I don't mind the box version, it works fine. I play on my laptop so I don't have to worry about removing the disc to play on another computer.

  25. #25
    Amateur
    Join Date
    29th October 2006
    Posts
    222

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Steam all the way.

    Cheapest price
    No wait for delivery (except download times)
    Automatic updating
    Achievements

    just much easier for me

  26. #26

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    It's on sale right now at GoGamer for $29.99!

  27. #27
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    1st November 2004
    Posts
    1,809

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by footballfan08 View Post
    I used Steam for 09 but it took up a lot of space on my computer.
    What steam uses up a lot of space on your computer?

    Or you think the game uses up more space?

    Neither is true as far as my understanding goes - so I dont think you can use that as a reason.

    Also, if you want to play on more than one computer, steam is the way to go - install it on as many pcs as you want, shove your last save on a memory stick (or on email if it can handle it) and you can play your save from whereever the hell you are.

  28. #28
    Amateur
    Join Date
    4th August 2008
    Posts
    198

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
    What steam uses up a lot of space on your computer?

    Or you think the game uses up more space?

    Neither is true as far as my understanding goes - so I dont think you can use that as a reason.

    Also, if you want to play on more than one computer, steam is the way to go - install it on as many pcs as you want, shove your last save on a memory stick (or on email if it can handle it) and you can play your save from whereever the hell you are.
    I'm not knocking Steam. I just wanted to go with the disc this year. I only play it on my laptop. My desktop is too old and can't handle it. I got it on release day so i'm not complaining. I know Steam released it on the 30th but its not that big of a deal. I had to work anyways.

  29. #29
    Amateur
    Join Date
    22nd October 2006
    Posts
    671

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Steam is the way to go in the USA.

  30. #30
    Part-Timer
    Join Date
    1st November 2004
    Posts
    1,809

    Default Re: Where can i buy FM 2010 in the USA?

    Quote Originally Posted by footballfan08 View Post
    I'm not knocking Steam. I just wanted to go with the disc this year. I only play it on my laptop. My desktop is too old and can't handle it. I got it on release day so i'm not complaining. I know Steam released it on the 30th but its not that big of a deal. I had to work anyways.
    Thats fine - people can do what they want with their game. Its your money after all.

    But I just dont get the reason why people knock steam, and then have to make up reasons why they arent using it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts