[FM10] The Blunder From Down Under?

stinger061

Having struggled with FM10 more than any previous game and failing twice at my usual game in dafuges challenge I decided that the best way to get to grips with the game tactically was to start up a career game with a bunch of leagues so that poor performances and sackings wouldn't be the end of the world and I could simply move onto the next (un)lucky club. Thus this save was born

Leagues Loaded:

Denmark (to 2nd Division)

England (to Conference N/S)

Netherlands (to Jupiler League)

Italy (to Serie B)

Scotland (to 3rd Division)

Sweden (to 2nd Division)

Wales (Premier League)

I figured that would set me up nicely with plenty of career options (or more than likely just taking whatever jobs I'm offered).

Season 2009

Applied for a variety of available jobs in a number of countries, but my Sunday League Footballer reputation was never going to land me a glamorous gig and ended up in a league and country I have never experienced before, the Swedish 2nd Division West Gotaland with the Utsikten BK club.

Now the Swedish League runs out of season with most football leagues in Europe with a season running from April to September and just a 22 game league season in the 2nd Division. This meant I was thrown in after 12 games had already been played and my club were doing much better than the media prediction of 8th sitting a healthy 4th in the table and on a 4 game undefeated streak.

The goalkeeping and left-back positions were in desperate need of some improvement and there was only an Assistant in the way of backroom staff, all positions were eventually filled by whoever would accept a contract while the playing positions were filled by a couple of very nice reccomended signings from my Assistant.

Unfortunately thats where the good news ended. As soon as i showed up the team looked much more like what the media had predicted and we proceeded to go without a win in my first 5 games in charge before the first win of my career came funnily enough against the league leaders (and ultimately champions) Ramlosa Sodra. It wasn't the start of anything however, we picked up just 1 more win in the remaining 4 games of the season to go with 3 more losses.

All of a sudden the board wont be so confident in their appointment of the random Australian.

Final Table - 7th

Squad

Transfers

After just 10 games in charge and only 2 wins it wasn't the ideal start to my career but my scouts have already come across quite a few players rated better than my current crop so during the (ridiculously long) off season we should be able to improve the quality of the squad and pull together some better results.

On the plus side you were 6 points clear of the drop!

What on earth do you do for 6 months of pre-season?

Being 6 points clear was a bit flattering really, given the side was positioned 4th when I took over.

A 6 month off season isn't to much fun really, although it is possible to pick up players whose contracts are ending it's not that great an idea as you end up paying their wages for a couple of months and getting nothing out of them. Finances are not easy to manage when you spend half the year not playing, not to mention our average home attendance of just over 100 :D

Archived