When scouting youth

and the scout says they are inconsistant, say at 15, do they grow to be consistant if they are potential world beaters? Like say by 22. Need to know, as i always find good youth, potential world class, but just inconsistant, so was hoping consistancy does improve. Anyone with experience?

Consistency is a hidden stat, so you cannot actually see it, but I believe it can be trained with the mentoring side of the player interaction, just pick a big player who you know is fairly consistent and get them tutoring your youth player, you will not be able to see the results unless you use FMRTE or the likes. Please note that also some mental stats like Composure, Concentration, Decisions and Work Rate will modify the Consistency stat to some extent also.

Consistency generally improves with maturity and match experience. i'm not sure it can be tutored. It is quite normal for a kid to start with low consistency and increase over time.

However, if a scout has singled out 'inconsistent' in one youth and generally doesn't mention it with others, I'd surmise that that youth is VERY inconsistent and therefore will never improve to a satisfactory level. Can't know for sure of course, without 'cheating'.

Archived