Does anybody else become hopelessly attached to players IRL because of FM?

Gomez is playing crapp in EURO 2008 and it breaks my heart because he's a machine on FM, 20 gls on 20 games. I also get attached to managers that say nice things about me in the press and get quite angry when they're sacked IRL or in game.

loads of players, lots of young brazilian guys who were awesome for me on 07. Eduardo Ratinho, Luizao, Sidnei etc..

also i remember in my first fm game ever in 07 alan pardew kept saying good tings about me, fair enough to say i had to give him some lovin back.

Yeah, my missus gets fed up when watching Gillette Soccer Saturday or the like when some lower league player scores, and I go "oo I used to manage him", she usually snipes "a dot is he???" at me... icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by IMT:

Yeah, my missus gets fed up when watching Gillette Soccer Saturday or the like when some lower league player scores, and I go "oo I used to manage him", she usually snipes "a dot is he???" at me... icon_biggrin.gif

Snap mate. My missus keeps telling me to grow up and that i'm not really a football manager, how dare they mock us icon_biggrin.gif

So many to list...

Juan Manuel Torres

-Man beast in my midfield. Argentinian Gattuso of the future but runs my entire Palermo squad icon_smile.gif I hope to see him in Europe sometime

Ivan Klasnic

-Legendary player in my books on my old Milan team back in FM 07. I heard he won the game for Croatia the other day and I cried and went on a rant about how he destroyed everything when he played for my team.

Stefan Schwoch

-Ohhh the days at Vicenza. He was the only player....let me say that again ONLY player on my team that ever did anything. I will always love him but feel disheartned that he couldn't make it in the Serie A...

Luca Bucci

-Awesome keeper in one of my old saves down in the lower leagues. But got relegated with Parma in real life. I offered him a contract on fm but he rejected it....oh I can dream.....

got attached to quaresma because of FM, he was amazing for me

Same here hes a world calss winger on my current newcastle game with bid of £30million plus coming in every season.

Also Mirel Radoi.

In previous versions Mathew Blinkhorn at Blackpool. Still look out for him scoring lol

Selakovic, mark kerr, Etherington & DAvies from peterborough back in the day. Best one of all though Kimmy Kallstrom, always bought him from Hacken & he'd always join no matter who you were at 17/18 years of age & now he's winning leagues with Lyon & playing for Sweden. Everytime he gets a mention I actually feel like he's there because of me turning him into the quality player he is! icon_biggrin.gif

For about 5 seconds then I remember it was jjust a game...

icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by keano89:

You feel a lot of pride when you see some obscure player you had in your team playing well or making it big. I almost fell like I'm the one who discovered him.

Ditto! I sit sometimes and watch Goalissimo on Five, just to see if any of my foreign gems from 05 have scored. (It's brilliant, shows all the goals from Brazil and everything!) It'll be about half 3 in the morning and suddenly I'll shout, "I knew he was a cracking finisher!!!"

Archived