Small Club, Big Club Friendlies considered as an exploit/bug?

I thought I would post here as I am not totally sure that this is a bug. If this belongs in a different forum please can a mod move it, thanks.

I am currently playing as Methyr Tydfil in the BSP, after gaining promotion from the BSS.

I have noticed that if you arrange friendlies/cup or league frendly competitions just after the FA Cup and Champions League have finnished with the large Premiership Clubs they always accept and doing so being a small club u could potentially earn millions of pounds doing this from the earnings of the matches. I experimented this and created a league competition with myself, arsenal, chelsea and man utd, they all accepted and i gained about £900,000. do this throughout the post/pre season, your laughing.

Now is this a bug? Because I IRL these Prem clubs would never accep friendlies with such small clubs like this on every occasion, Of course there will be some exceptions now and again just like IRL. But you can even invite the same teams over and over again throughout one preseason.

This is totally unrealistic and hopefully this can be fixed with the next patch if it is a bug.

So what does everyone think? Is this a bug?

If your asking whether it's a bug that these teams would accept mid season frindlies then I would say yes. Almost categorically.

Unless they field their youth team and the gate receipt are realistically low. But even then it's unlikely.

It is my goal to try and bankroll Croydon fc into the football league though! I always play friendlies against them as Liverpool but it hasn't happened yet

I arranged these friendlies at the end of the season, for during normal preseason time. Every team plays pretty much their full strength team, with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

If I wait to arrange them at the start of pre season, when most clubs arrange them, these Prem teams always reject the friendly.

As for the money to be earned like i said earlier, you can get almost £1,000,000 from just one friendly league competition. which is very unrealistic for a club in the BSP

I also tried this when playing as willenhall town in the english leagues tier 8, with super bladesmans lower leagues database. I arranged many cups and leagues during preseason and managed to generate over £6 million for such a small club. I thought this might just be to do with the extra leagues being edited on but, doing it with BSP teams too shows its not.

Hopefully SI will sort this out in the next patch, as it is its just too easy to gain money as a small club

Tbh I only think their is two problem is what players turn up for the game and finances. Totally acceptable big clubs to play against smaller clubs at any time of the season - hell Manchester United sent their youth to Motherwell to play in the Sir Matt Busby Trophy on an international weekend. So although not unrealistic to have these games, the fact it is First XI that turns up is.

The finances of these friendlies is a problem, and has been for a while (In fact I'm sure the Hints and Tips use to recommend playing friendlies against the big sides to make money).

Archived