Let the players talk more in 09!

It will be great if players can give longer and more thoughful interviews in the 09 edition, and the manager or other players can respond to. I read an interview with Benayoun, and it will be fantastic to see this in FM:

"It was nice to score and the goal was a bonus. But it's not the main thing for me. The main thing is to keep playing and try to do my best for the team so that we keep winning.

I enjoyed the goal and I caught it well but I would have to give credit to <Harry Kewell> because he delivered a great <cross> from the <left> to pick me out. It gave us the start we needed and we went on from there."

More of these (and more horrible rants from players) in FM please icon14.gif

It will be great if players can give longer and more thoughful interviews in the 09 edition, and the manager or other players can respond to. I read an interview with Benayoun, and it will be fantastic to see this in FM:

"It was nice to score and the goal was a bonus. But it's not the main thing for me. The main thing is to keep playing and try to do my best for the team so that we keep winning.

I enjoyed the goal and I caught it well but I would have to give credit to <Harry Kewell> because he delivered a great <cross> from the <left> to pick me out. It gave us the start we needed and we went on from there."

More of these (and more horrible rants from players) in FM please icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwfcant:

should be able to type your team talks instead of choosing from a set list which is 90% the same evry time!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would require some nifty AI to figure out what is said and how a player should react to it. The wording would be unlimited and it has to take poor language and misspellings and such into consideration. I think it would be impossible to make something like that work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mimland:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwfcant:

should be able to type your team talks instead of choosing from a set list which is 90% the same evry time!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would require some nifty AI to figure out what is said and how a player should react to it. The wording would be unlimited and it has to take poor language and misspellings and such into consideration. I think it would be impossible to make something like that work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

spot on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RomfordBoy2008:

yeah you could tell the players ride goats if you wanted...would be a bit silly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt they would manage to get the game smart enough to produce the white furry things on the pitch though. icon_biggrin.gif

players should fall into off-the-pitch controversies too. the red card and offside things are getting too much. it should be more like '*insert player name* was caught driving under influence and injured a pedestrian while in the act* etc. that would make it more fun

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dr_dre:

players should fall into off-the-pitch controversies too. the red card and offside things are getting too much. it should be more like '*insert player name* was caught driving under influence and injured a pedestrian while in the act* etc. that would make it more fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah! I like this idea very much. Maybe even add unexpected events that could happen to the players (eg. involved in a car accident). But of course, the frequency have to be realistic.

That exactly happened to the best player my country has ever had (well he was not worth 70 million pounds but was the best player on his team and had just got the team promoted) its not funny

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bradfordboy:

yeah, thats a brilliant idea, i can see the headlines now,

'Recent 70 million pound signing dies in car crash'

hmmm, nah i dont like that idea lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest arrogantio

Players aren't going to get drunk or have car accidents in FM for legal reasons. It wouldn't add that much to the game anyway - people moan enough about injuries.

I agree I'd like to hear more spontaneous feedback from players and more options for interaction though.

I'd also like to see more distinct personalities for opposition managers as well - more variety making the comments look less contrived and predictable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arrogantio:

Players aren't going to get drunk or have car accidents in FM for legal reasons. It wouldn't add that much to the game anyway - people moan enough about injuries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Years ago I had a game called Ultimate Manager it was great because you could bet on games in it to build up your earnings. I tried to bet against my team and got sacked in a newspaper scandal.

Also years and years and years ago there was a fifa manager game that had ridiculous things like players falling off ladders and getting nbitten by dogs in it. It also had a player out on the town feature and getting into fights etc but they overcame this by not naming a player and just saying " one of Rangers star players" etc etc. It was a crap feature that did nothing for the game but it was good fun.

Tbh they should have more variety for managers, or just have Ian Holloway say the sort of things he does IRL! icon_razz.gif

What i'd give to have the option in a post-match media interview to say something like "He couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo"

Infact when do you actually get a post-match interview!? The only time i can think of is after winning a cup, even then i don't think thats right after the match.

Should just be more talk and interviews in general really, and not the same old sequence of "How do you think your team will do?" question each week until some occourance like an injury happens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oba_9_legend:

people should get arrested and put in jail like joey barton has. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just lol at that. and then the real joey barton and his 'associates' sue SI? and the game gets shut down - great idea really.

i think alot of people are looking to the game to be real life. that somehow the game can become some sort of conscious world, which is silly. i love it the way it is, its fun with good realistic aspects to keep it grounded. it will continue to evolve always and maybe eventually we see this conscious AI you people mention :p.

People that want the game to change in to a fantasy

world where players get arrested for drink driving and assault should maybe think about playing the Sims. Football Manager 09 just needs to have less bugs, and import minor featues like when you buy a youngster the selling club should be able to have a clause where they can get the player back on loan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by meltz:

People that want the game to change in to a fantasy

world where players get arrested for drink driving and assault should maybe think about playing the Sims. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not a fantasy world, it's the real world. icon_biggrin.gif The way it is now in FM is a fantasy world.

SI wouldn't get sued, come on if it was that bad players would sue SI whenever they got a long term injury on the game, things like divorces could play a part on the players game if he has to goto court and things like that, would give a bit more to the game

Archived