Buying out clauses - something you may not have noticed

ALH

This is a new feature for FM10 it would seem. When buying/selling players you can negotiate clauses such as percentage of future fees and fee per game. However, in this version you are also able to buy out such clauses. This can be useful if you need some money and you sold players using such clauses.

Goto the Transfers tab in your club screen and click clauses. If any of your clauses have a small white triangle on the far left, you can click on it, and at the bottom of the screen it will give you details of buying/selling these clauses.

I took over Arsenal who had previously sold Walcott to Man City. He had a 15% future fee clause which i managed to sell back for an immediate 6.5mill....very handy

I dug up this thread to ask a question and instead everyone says 'yes it's a great idea'.

Does anyone know how to sue it? Or is it only avialable on certain cluases (i.e. NONE of mine?)

yeah mate, you can only buy out certain ones that your board have managed to negotiate for you. Usually if you're well in on the money and they happen to not mind forking the money out earlier.

In answer to someone further up, yes you can also sell clauses. As Pompey I managed to get a few bob into my kitty from some players by selling of the clauses. Again only if the boards have come to an agreement.

It seems they come up when - 1 you;re strugling for immediate cash - they sort out the sale of a few and 2, if you're rolling in it they sort out buying a few, instantly expensive, in the long term cheaper I suppose.

Archived