Should I upgrade to Windows 7?

First off, I'd love someone from SI or Sega to help if possible as they know the specs of the game better than anyone

So basically should I upgrade my system from vista to Windows 7? I've read up a little about Windows 7 and it does say it's better than vista does it warrant paying out £70, also will it make FM run faster? The graphics in 3d mode aren't quite fluid and does jump a little

My computer spec is

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz

3070MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Any advice would be good, especially if you've recently upgraded to Windows 7

Thanks in advance

Yes you should. I played the demo on Windows 7, lovely and smooth. Then, just before I received the full game, I went back to Windows XP thinking that it would be quicker due to the lower RAM requirements. Been having odd speed/response issues with it since. Went back to Windows 7 today, and it's smooth, responsive and quick. :thup:

Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade!!! Do it, do it now! I did a week or so ago. It is so so much better than Vista. My laptop isn't brilliant though and the 3d drivers have made the match engine a little bit tempremental, in that it has crashed on around 3 occasions. But other than that wee issue Windows 7 ticks all the boxes.

First off, I'd love someone from SI or Sega to help if possible as they know the specs of the game better than anyone

So basically should I upgrade my system from vista to Windows 7? I've read up a little about Windows 7 and it does say it's better than vista does it warrant paying out £70, also will it make FM run faster? The graphics in 3d mode aren't quite fluid and does jump a little

My computer spec is

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4ghz

3070MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Any advice would be good, especially if you've recently upgraded to Windows 7

Thanks in advance

I'd say go for it. One thing to remember though is having windows7 or indeed any operating system installed wont really improve the performance of the 3D part of the game only the quality of your graphics card and the level of detail will determine this. I'd suggest that before you upgrade to windows7 you first either upgrade both the drivers for your card which you'll get from the nvidia website and directx or consider getting a better graphics card because the one you've got is pretty basic by todays standards.

I think anyone with quad core desktops have no need, upgrading to windows 7 will only benefit people struggling for performance or who notice their PC slowing down, even after cleaning it and all other streamlining. If you have vista service pack 2 running well on a PC with those specs you might be best waiting till a service pack.

I know the first thing I will do in windows 7 would be to turn off all the extras and make it look like windows 95, I am waiting until the first service pack, just like I did with Vista.

People underestimate the power of a streamlined windows OS, its worth the effort to research it.

Windows 7 is definitely the way forward, after having a horrible, memory eating Vista for nearly a year.. Thank god my hell has ended.

Running 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate on a 4GB Laptop, and its a dream. Never seen a laptop run as fast and smooth :)

Even if it doesn't hugely impact how your game performs, you should most definitely upgrade! I've been using Windows 7 since July with the RC version and then obviously had my pre-order copy because it had already proven itself massively in my eyes. For stability, speed, drivers and not being a bitch of a system hog it gets 2 thumbs up.

Also ships with 32 and 64 bit discs so you can more easily upgrade your RAM past 3GB and not lose it to 32 bit memory issues.

Archived