What a joke

Got to be honest I love FM10 but there are a few things that really annoy me. I mean for instance i have just made the 3rd round of the FA cup with newport and lost there 1-0 at elland road and the fans were really dissapointed with the result and told me that 2 players should not of played. I am also top of the league and seems that the odd defeat which I have had, the fans hate it and hate my players for it. Anyone else experiencing it?

Yeah i mean my board are delighted with me just seems a tad annoying when fans hate ya players for 1 defeat against a team 3 leagues above. I mean my striker has scored more goals than games but he had a average game at elland road and they reckon i should not play him again haha

I bought Amr Zaki for Middlesborough which instantly caused unrest with the supporters, they were angry about the signing saying his outspoken nature could cause unrest within the club or something, but the next day when i unveiled the player in a press conference the fans were gathering outside the stadium all buzzing about the new player!?

Was kinda confusing but any concerns should now be put to bed as hes been relavation thus far

Got to be honest I love FM10 but there are a few things that really annoy me. I mean for instance i have just made the 3rd round of the FA cup with newport and lost there 1-0 at elland road and the fans were really dissapointed with the result and told me that 2 players should not of played. I am also top of the league and seems that the odd defeat which I have had, the fans hate it and hate my players for it. Anyone else experiencing it?

Well I have problems of a similar kind. I am managing a team called Concorde who play in the Vanuatuan Football League. This is a League for which I devised the nation rules via the much-improved Editor. I am currently top of the league, about half-way into the season, and still unbeaten at home. The board are apparently delighted with the financial status of the club (it is amateur, so that doesn't really mean anything), they are happy with the players, and happy with the team's morale, but for some reason they are highly disappointed with the competitions, and in fact prior to every game a news item appears saying that "a bad result in tomorrow's game could seal his fate".

This is rather perplexing seeing as the board's minimum expectation prior to the season was a mid-table finish and reaching the quarter-finals of the "Vanuatuan Football Association Challenge Cup". I am currently surpassing the league expectation, and as for the Cup, well I received a bye into the quarter-finals as only twelve teams were entered.

I have learned to ignore these news articles as mere idle threats as they have been appearing for about ten games now and there is no sign of me being sacked as of yet.

However, every month when the board's confidence update is sent to me, it normally lists various things with which the board are pleased "the board are pleased with Jacob Hakwa's form", "the board are pleased with the club's finances", "the board are pleased with the team's morale", "the board are pleased with the 2-0 win away at Tafea", and after all of these remarkably positive comments, "to summarise, the board is deeply saddened by your management of the team" is inferred.

Has anybody else suffered similar problems?

Archived