Classic Tactics

Is there anyone still using the Classic way of creating tactics?

There must be someone, somewhere in the Football Manager wilderness - like me - who hasn't switched to using the new wizard?

I used it in the demo but since buying the game have not gone down that route. I like just diving in, experimenting with tactics and seeing the different combination's i can achieve - creating my own unique team and style of playing. It's what makes success feel so good. :)

I'm only in pre-season so far, so if results are terrible i may venture over to the dark side... but until then, doing things manually is the way to go for me. Even if it does take that bit longer.

Am i alone?

I changed back to the sliders. I didn't like the wizard since I wasn't quite sure what was going on with my teams and what my players were doing specifically. If you understand how the sliders work, then I find using them a better way to get my team to play and individual players.

On the tactics sreen click the "Tactic" tab and choose the "Convert To Classic" option on the drop down menu which you stick it back to the old sliders and arrows.

Note that you can't convert back from Classic to Wizard, and this choice disables Touchline Shouts.

(Warning given, you can always create a new tactic through the Wizard, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.)

Note that you can't convert back from Classic to Wizard, and this choice disables Touchline Shouts.

(Warning given, you can always create a new tactic through the Wizard, so it shouldn't be that big of an issue.)

I changed a tactic I've been using to classic - saved it - switched to a different tactic (made using wizard) - switched back to my original tactic and it is no longer classic, but is a wizard tactic. I havent used it in the game yet but it looks like it hasn't been converted after all.

Archived