starting strategies?

I've been using overload a while but now I went into advanced and saw that overload focuses on width, which my tactics really do not.

thus I am now using standard, but I've customized everything. does this mean that there's no point in choosing any other during the game? if I change from standard to e.g. overload on the tactics screen, nothing changes, since I've defined my own stuff. is this the case? because if it is - that sucks! I would like to create my own strategies! so that I can change between custome defensive and offensive strategies.

I've been using overload a while but now I went into advanced and saw that overload focuses on width, which my tactics really do not.

thus I am now using standard, but I've customized everything. does this mean that there's no point in choosing any other during the game? if I change from standard to e.g. overload on the tactics screen, nothing changes, since I've defined my own stuff. is this the case? because if it is - that sucks! I would like to create my own strategies! so that I can change between custome defensive and offensive strategies.

Basically, any tactical switch which you have "overridden" using the Advanced screens does not change when you make a Wizard change or a Touchline Shout.

If you want the full capabilities of the Wizard and the Touchline Shouts, you want to set things using the Wizard exclusively.

If you prefer to override everything, you don't really want a Wizard tactic at all, you want the old UI - I'd recommend that you use the "Convert to Classic" to get to the old UI. Then, MagicNumber's advice is precisely the way to go: save several different versions of your tactic with different names, and then its very easy to switch between your tactics by simply loading the new name.

If you're only overriding one or two things, then the "Advanced overrides Wizard" functionality makes perfect sense, as you might be doing something like telling a player with "Long Shots: 3" not to try long shots, or a slow-of-foot fullback to stay home and mind his defensive responsibilities with little Creative Freedom and few Forward Runs .. no matter what you tell the rest of the team, those little overrides still make sense.

Hope that's helped clarify,

Archived