How much did you spend on your first ever Regen(inside a playable league)signing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

It's Christmas 2014 in my game and I am yet to pay a penny for a player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I finally made my first purchase in 2018 icon_smile.gif

£126M for a Striker from Exeter. He won the Golden boot for england when Exeter were in the Championship. I had a huge transfer budget and really wanted the player. I just kept putting in increasing bids until they finally accepted.

Worth every penny too.

Despite later on finding out his PA was only 176ish

Ok, I'm still on FM05, but here's mine.

At the start of the 08/09 season I bought talented central defender Andre Coral for £1.5m from Chelsea, where he was out of favour. (He was a product of the Porto youth system).

He later advised that I sell him to avoid losing him on a free as we wouldn't manage to meet his wage demands, so at the end of the 10/11 season, I sold him to Juventus for £20m.

At the start of the 19/20 season, I teamed up with him again, bringing him to Lazio to finish his career when his contract at Juvntus expired.

He made a big difference at both clubs and was an absolute bargain.

I signed a player from Tamworth whose scout report came back as "has the potential to be a decent Coca Cola Championship player", and I signed him for an arranged friendly and 20% of his future fee. I've had him for three years so far, and he's been on loan to Redditch and Altrincham without being very good, so I'm not going to bother keeping him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

It's Christmas 2014 in my game and I am yet to pay a penny for a player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, you cheap skate...

The most i have paid for a regen...

£55,000

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's Christmas 2014 in my game and I am yet to pay a penny for a player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that meant to be showing off

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's Christmas 2014 in my game and I am yet to pay a penny for a player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is that meant to be showing off </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, he was simply stating a fact in response to this thread, he hasn't paid our for a regen, never mind anyone else. No need for the accusations! icon_rolleyes.gif Oh yeah, and a bit of punctuation would be good.

Sorry but i just dont think its a very good answer to the question. There are other people adding to the thread with constructive posts and then this post which is not very specific to the thread. I just sort of sense a element of pride in the statement which i find pops up in many urelated threads, but maybe there isnt in which case im sorry for the accusation. As for the punctuation, i dont think it really matters that much in a football manager forum on the internet, unless your going to publish it in which case i will send revised versions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I finally made my first purchase in 2018 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My first purchase came in 2017, it wasn't until I reached the Premier League that I could actually afford to pay for transfers.

Annoyingly my first ever money signing was a defender for £100k who never did get a work permit.

Since then I've splashed out £17.5m on an Italian wonderkid midfielder.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SiDolman:

Sorry but i just dont think its a very good answer to the question. There are other people adding to the thread with constructive posts and then this post which is not very specific to the thread. I just sort of sense a element of pride in the statement which i find pops up in many urelated threads, but maybe there isnt in which case im sorry for the accusation. As for the punctuation, i dont think it really matters that much in a football manager forum on the internet, unless your going to publish it in which case i will send revised versions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The question was how much money have you spent on a regen. The reply was simply that he had never spent any money on a regen, therefore £0 was the most he'd ever spent. It also explained that he hadn't spent any money on anyone else for that matter, that his general policy was to spend nothing, and for regens this was no different.

Archived