Never ever using steam again!!!

on hols with family. Playing FM while travelling etc & obviously no internet access on my laptop.

Day 1, ok, played away. Day 2, steam say no log on details stored on computer. So couldnt play again until got online to log in!

What the freak? Why? I didnt log out! Steam is pants.

Anyway u can play FM if reg with steam without net if i have dvd?

i cant. I tried to run steam but a message flashes up saying no log on details on the computer. I cant even get the menu or option to play offline! Aaargh.

One way of doing it is restart your computer, wait until the Steam window pops up where there are two options: retry connection (which you don't press) and start in offline mode (which you press on). Double click on Steam icon to open (maybe password is required) and then launch FM10...

None of your suggestions work I'm afraid.

It aint as simple as opting to play in offline mode. Steam is S*** for me.

I'm just back from travelling, which I do a lot of for work, and on day one of my journey i played offline no probs.

But day two when i clicked the steam logo a message flashed up saying there was no log on details on my computer. How can that be? I'd played it the day before, at end of my journey id simply saved, exited, shut down. Didn't log out.

So as a result of having no internet connection on my travels i couldn't log in my details and therefore couldn't play even in offline mode.

Whats the point in paying £30 for a game which I can't play unless I'm online?

Can anyone help answer a question please?

Is it possible to play using disc, as a i bought game, despite being registered with steam? is it one or the other?

i have a saved game career started with steam which id like to carry on but will that work if i play using disc only?

Can anyone help?

im using it again, hell im using it right now... <3 steam.

but, can you not remember what your user name and password was??

To answer your question, you can play with or without steam using already saved games, delete local content on steam page, then reinstall using disk, i actually have the game installed twice, one on steam and one not on steam as steam was having connection problems the other day and didnt seem to care. My saved game from steam was there waiting for me, they both use same saved game location.

i know this is no help but why oh why do ppl continue to use steam? after the fiasco of last year. after 09 where it told me I couldnt play a game that I'D PAYED MONEY FOR!! i swore id never use that shower again

Steam is one of the best ways to buy games for a pc and its a great program, use it all the time and ive only ever had problems with it on a few occasions, sometimes on big launch days such as FM and empire total war they screw up, dont let anyone know there is a problem and dont answer anyones questions about the problenm, but other than that i think its great.

None of your suggestions work I'm afraid.

It aint as simple as opting to play in offline mode. Steam is S*** for me.

Sorry, can't help you either. I'm only going to add, that after finally getting Steam to work once in offline mode, I went ahead and turned my laptop on during a long haul flight to play some FM, tried to load it; the FM starting screen came up but never the option to load an existing game, or start a new one. Just a black screen. So could not play it for 8hrs :-(

Steam is a great way to download games in my country, as there is no access to original software or movies, but that doesnt mean to say that i'm happy with it.

Archived