shortcut to desktop ? how do i play fm 2010 with no fm icon

I think the default directory is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

OR

Start > All Programs > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010

You will find the executable in either of these locations - you can right-click on it and select 'create shortcut' to which you can drag on the desktop, if you wish :)

I think the default directory is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010

OR

Start > All Programs > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010

You will find the executable in either of these locations - you can right-click on it and select 'create shortcut' to which you can drag on the desktop, if you wish :)

no its not there its just got editor db sounds skins and so on and nothing is in them folders

no its not there its just got editor db sounds skins and so on and nothing is in them folders

Did you install via Steam? If so you need to load up steam and click on the tab labelled "My Games" or something similar. Select FM10 and click 'Launch'.....

If you are using Vista then launch the game from Games, Games Explorer

If you are using XP, go to the SI folder in Program Files, find the .exe file , right click and create a shortcut.

i am using vista i dont get what i have to do though ? launch the game from games , games explorer?:confused:

• Administrators

This is all covered in our FAQ.

Microsoft Windows Vista and the “Games For Windows” scheme handles installation differently to previous versions of the Windows operating system. The game information is stored in the “Games Explorer” which is a new feature of Microsoft Windows Vista.

It is completely normal for no game shortcuts to be placed on the Desktop or within the Start Menu.

To find the Football Manager 2010 shortcut on Microsoft Windows Vista you need to browse to the Games Explorer.

Because there are different versions of Vista, including Vista Home, Vista Premium, Vista Ultimate, etc, the Games Explorer may be found in different locations, this also depends on whether you're using the Classic Start Menu or not.

The most common locations for the Windows Games Explorer include:

1: Click “Start”

2: Click “Games”

Or

2: Click “All Programs”

3: Click “Games”

4: Click “Games Explorer”

Alternatively you can search for Games Explorer by doing the following:

2: Click inside the “Search” box

3: Type “Games Explorer”

4: Select “Games Explorer” when it appears and it should open.

You can also manually browse to where Football Manager 2010 is installed on your system and run the game from there. The default location is:

C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010

In here you will see the game executable which is called “FM.exe” or simply “FM” if you are not viewing file extensions. You can create a shortcut to this file by right clicking the “FM.exe” file and selecting “Create Shortcut” you can then copy this shortcut to wherever you wish to move it.

Archived