MAC issue, game crashes alot.

Hi all,

i'm having problems i've never had before on any fm game. Game seems fine but then in october or november the game crashes. Gets stuck or just shuts down. I keep forgetting to save the game, so keep having to restart.

I am running intel mac book pro, 2.2 Ghz intel core 2 duo and 4gb ram, with Leopard.

Any one have any idea?

thanks

I'm a Mac user and mine has crashed only once. I have however only played on it once, for around seven hours consecutively. I was playing a Europa League qualifier and it crashed just as the oppositions forward scored, the game seemed to freeze for around 30 seconds before exiting and bringing up Crash Reporter.

Looking on the bugs forum it seems as though a lot of people are experiencing crashes, and they are concluding it has something to do with the game being somewhat memory hungry.

mine has crashed about 3 times, twice it came up for the report fault screen and the game closed and another time it just froze till i had to manually force a program termination.

Can anyone from sigame please report if this is a known issue and its being sorted as I'm desperate to start playing!

Hi all,

i'm having problems i've never had before on any fm game. Game seems fine but then in october or november the game crashes. Gets stuck or just shuts down. I keep forgetting to save the game, so keep having to restart.

I am running intel mac book pro, 2.2 Ghz intel core 2 duo and 4gb ram, with Leopard.

Any one have any idea?

thanks

Hi, i had a crash around november yesterday, was very annoying and havent started another game yet! Strange, Im on windows XP and the game was running very quickly/smoothly, so dont think its just mac..

What Im guna do to try n combat that is to run the game in medium graphics detail rather than high (doesnt make a difference), save the game weekly and after every ten games shut down and restart football manager. Hopefully this shud save any further heartache :)

I also had a few 'unexpected shutdowns' on my MacBook yesterday and it was really getting frustrating. I read somewhere that sound was the problem so I disabled the sound 'in-game' rather than computer volume.

Fingers crossed, I haven't had another crash since. Might be worth a try.

Can those of you experiencing crashes in the match engine disable sounds in your preference screen and see if that helps, thanks :)

I've being playing now for a few hours with sounds disabled no crashing yet. I will play this evening and report back tomrw with any issues, thanks for your response.

I'm having the same problems. SI games can I just say even if turning the sound off does work, can you confirm you'll create something in a future patch to fix this? I paid 30 pounds to play this game fully, not just without sound to make it work.

• SI Staff

Well we'll definitely be looking to fix it for a future patch but for the time being its probably best to keep sound disabled if it is causing crashes for you (it isn't for all Mac users by a long shot)

(We share surnames by the way :thup:)

Just to get back on track, if it helps I've noticed that - as with a report above - whenever my game crashes it's right at the point when someone takes a shot that is presumably bound to be a goal.

It's happened to me about 4 times and I'm just into February of my first season. The first crash occurred just after the new year.

Each time I have restarted and replayed the problem match and the game has continued as normal.

• SI Staff

Which setting are you using on the "sound cache" in the preferences ? If you are not on the "All" setting, can you try that and see if it helps with the crashes on goal-bound shots. The next step would be to try turning the sound off completely as some users have reported this to have helped.

Archived