Why did my game just unexpectedly quit?

I've got this problem too, only happens during the match though. Quits to desktop and gives you the option of reporting to Apple, ignore or relaunch.

Used to happen every now and then (every 6th match or something) but now I've got chelsea in the League Cup and it happens every time I try to play this game, which is weird.

Running:

Macbook - 2.1GHz, 4GB Ram on Leopard 10.5.8 and the latest Mac patch.

Probably a compatibility issue between FM and Macs, could be a Mac problem though.

Could be to do with the Operating System you are using, evryone should post what Operating Systems they are using and say if their game's are crashing too? (like Snow, Lepord, OSX)

Sorry I don't know much about Apple Mac's, just trying to help.

i've had this issue as well but i'm not even a mac

it was just after a game had finished and it just crashed and turned off

i've ended up losing 14 league games worth of data so i'm gunna have to turn my autosave on!

It's only ever happened to me when I was in game, runs fine when I'm going through the menus etc.

It also only ever seems to happen when a player is through on goal, just after the ball is played. It will freeze for a few seconds then quit back to the desktop.

• SI Staff
Not had any joy with this. I've had it crash 3 times, each at different places. First was at half time in a match, second was making a substitution and third was going to a news item.

Have the sound disabled and am running the newest patch.

So not in actual match action at any point? Have you tried deleting your cache before starting the game? What are your machines specs please?

So not in actual match action at any point? Have you tried deleting your cache before starting the game? What are your machines specs please?

The substitution one was as it was making the subs in the match.

Yeah saw that suggestion and tried that too, no joy.

Here you go;

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook2,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Mac user here. The issue is exactly the same as I have experienced - game crashes during a match when a team is about to score a goal in 'key' highlights. The save game is not very old, and the issue is doesn't happen too frequently (I tend to save before matches anyway).

FM 10 v10.1

Mac Snow Leopard (up-to-date)

2.0ghz Core 2 Duo, 4gb RAM, Nvidia 9400M

Does it create a crash report anywhere that we can upload?

Thanks.

Those of you who are getting crashes during matches on Macs, can you try disabling your sounds in the game's preference screen, this could help. Thanks :)

Managed to play about 2 hours worth of games and it seems of cured it. Thanks for that! I don't use the sounds any way, too busy listening to music

Archived