FM 2006 - PSP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

One player only I'm afraid - we'll be looking into multi-player options for next years version, the main thing for this years release is to get the gameplay as realistic and playable as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok. will it be possible to play two player on two PSP's?

• SI Staff

Brief details of the PSP game can be found on its softography section here:

http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=21

The aim is to make a playable, realistic and fun game - akin to our third series of football management games.

It hasn't got a 2D match view in it - this is simply because the PSP in its current form (ie. not running at full processor power because of the battery limitations) can't handle the full FM PC match simulation (you'd be talking 3-5 seconds per match simmed, waaay too slow imho).

With this in mind rather than give people an unrealistic 2D view we decided to give people a realistic match engine backed up by a strong text commentary.

This has several advantages, it keeps the gameplay nice and quick (which suits the handheld situation where you might only have half an hour to play while commuting for example) and also means the simulation times are physically nice and fast.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the above page:

"Football Managerâ„¢ 2006 will be released on PSP throughout Europe in Winter 2005."

icon15.gificon_razz.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the above page:

"Football Managerâ„¢ 2006 will be released on PSP throughout Europe in Winter 2005."

icon15.gificon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winter 2005 includes part of 2006 remember (Winter 2005 runs from approx Nov 2005 to Feb/Marc 2006) ....

(not that I wrote the blurb on that page icon_biggrin.gif)

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hellshine:

Will there be some news soon for FM Handheld..? Releasedate, screenshots etc.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

News on both the forthcoming console games will be released on friday.

cant wait guys, with the last news on it in like last march or whenever it will be great to see progress, fueature list etc, for which im hoping has moved on alto since the first mockups- which did look good,but it probely has developed since then,

and the xbox 360 version,even though i dont have one,still good to know

wonder since the ps3 tittles are in developement,maybe si are looking at a possible game on that platform, who knows

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

CM_Maestro - it is Friday, correct.

Info coming later today..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top man. Can't wait. Hope you guys will detail the plans for Xbox Live!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM_Maestro:

Hope you guys will detail the plans for Xbox Live! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pssst.... click here for a preview icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NeilStudd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CM_Maestro:

Hope you guys will detail the plans for Xbox Live! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pssst.... click here for a preview icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds promising. But does this mean you can't play Football Manager in 'normal' mode with your mates? As it says you can't sell or buy players =( Is it just tournaments & such?

• SI Staff

eah<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryu2999:

Not trying to get anyone's back up its a genuine question but will it possible to patch a PSP game??

If not do you think you will be able get rid of all of the major bugs that are bound to be in a brand new game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game isn't patchable but has had a very stringent testing, both from ourselves and Sega but also from Sony.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ricey:

Looking forward to the news on PSP, I'm really excited about htis game.

MV - Will the PSP version be skinnable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first version won't be skinnable - subsequent versions we are hoping to enable as skinnable (basically the first version 'would' be skinnable but we haven't been able to jump through the hoops with Sony to ascertain what requirements they have for such things).

• SI Staff

Did you read MV's earlier post? guess not, so here it is:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It hasn't got a 2D match view in it - this is simply because the PSP in its current form (ie. not running at full processor power because of the battery limitations) can't handle the full FM PC match simulation (you'd be talking 3-5 seconds per match simmed, waaay too slow imho).

With this in mind rather than give people an unrealistic 2D view we decided to give people a realistic match engine backed up by a strong text commentary.

This has several advantages, it keeps the gameplay nice and quick (which suits the handheld situation where you might only have half an hour to play while commuting for example) and also means the simulation times are physically nice and fast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't suppose you will be able to do it in this version but in future, will you be able to swap games you start on the pc or psp and continue to play the game on the other system. ie I start a game on the pc then go on holiday but instead of having to wait until i get home I can download the save game to my psp and continue the game while away then once home swap the savegame back to the pc and continue and vice versa.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jbaker:

I don't suppose you will be able to do it in this version but in future, will you be able to swap games you start on the pc or psp and continue to play the game on the other system. ie I start a game on the pc then go on holiday but instead of having to wait until i get home I can download the save game to my psp and continue the game while away then once home swap the savegame back to the pc and continue and vice versa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not on this version - one thing I'm considering for the sequel is making a 'PC client' for the game so you can swap between the two (bearing in mind that FM PSP will still differ from the full FM PC game so this client would be the PSP game on PC).

Archived