How do I play FM2010 without internet access on Steam

Just drag a shortcut of the fm.exe file to your desktop. On FM 09 I never played connected through steam even though I got the game that way.

You can't do it that way this time, unfortunately. Steam has to be running but as said above, can be used in Offline Mode.

How do I get this to work?

I downloaded it to my laptop as well as my home computer but when I try and play it on my laptop at work it Say's can't connect to steam as no steam login is stored on this computer.

Someone please help as there should be as played it all day yesterday with no internet connection but today it won't work.

• 3 weeks later...
You can't do it that way this time, unfortunately. Steam has to be running but as said above, can be used in Offline Mode.
I don't have steam running to play FM10 Neji,even though i installed via steam.

I just double click the FM10 exe in C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010 and the game runs without steam.

Every other post I've read about it, Steam is launched when you double click the exe. Are you sure it's not running in the background?
100% certain it aint running in the background,that's the first thing i checked tbh,rather strange as it seems many cannot play this way.

Edit: If this helps,i installed a boxed version of the game via steam,but instead of letting steam patch the game i DL the patch from the link on here and updated it manually,not saying this is the reason it allows me to play without steam though.

Okay, I was able to get online, set Steam to offline mode & then launch FM2010.

It still doesn't make any sense to me why you would have to login to Steam online in order to make it run in offline mode.....kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me. Now basically I'm stuck always running Steam in offline mode because I can't anticipate when I'll be unable to access the web & set it to offline mode.

Archived