Guest rvn

Hi there guys just wondered if:

1. Si have said there is going to be another patch or is it just a data update.

and this one is for Si to hopefully respond to ?

2. Can we have an update on 8.0.2 as all forum visitors were very greatful into the insight of the 8.0.1 patch.

Many Thanks

Hi there guys just wondered if:

1. Si have said there is going to be another patch or is it just a data update.

and this one is for Si to hopefully respond to ?

2. Can we have an update on 8.0.2 as all forum visitors were very greatful into the insight of the 8.0.1 patch.

Many Thanks

8.0.2 will essentially be a patch to address some further bugs and will have an optional data update to take account of the January transfer window and any data changes since 8.0.1. There have been no exact details of its release apart from " when its ready", so we will all have to be patient.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

I Wouldn't hope for February. Make it mid March </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that would be just ridiculous on their behalf. fm09 is out in six months or so.

id be concerned about them still stuffing around with fm08 instead of focusing on 09.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eXistenZ:

Well that's what I think happens. SI get so many complaints about a game, in this case 08 and they are obliged to do the fixes which takes up so much time. These fixes eat into their 09 development/testing time and then the head office suits force them into a release deadline and hence they release a game in the condition of 08 when it 1st came out. Vicious merry-go-round. What's the answer?

id be concerned about them still stuffing around with fm08 instead of focusing on 09. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

pathetic really, have to wait almost a year after the original game was released until it is remotely playable, surely a data update wouldnt take 2 months </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its not unplayable, it just has a bunch of annoying bugs that take away from the experience.

what really annoys me is people who jump on your back for daring to criticise the game.

since i'm on a roll...SI seem to have taken the attitude that they are doing us a favour by releasing the game and patches. soon as there is a criticism they run for the hills and dissapear from the forum completely.

i think the criticism of 08 is well founded. some people have been way to agressive with the method of delivery....but ultimately, FM08 is dissapointing compared with previous versions.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nostromo:

id be concerned about them still stuffing around with fm08 instead of focusing on 09. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry I stuffed up my response in the previous reply.....This is my reply.......

Well that's what I think happens. SI get so many complaints about a game, in this case 08 and they are obliged to do the fixes which takes up so much time. These fixes eat into their 09 development/testing time and then the head office suits force them into a release deadline and hence they release a game in the condition of 08 when it 1st came out. Vicious merry-go-round. What's the answer?

We all want the patch to be ready - I havent played the game for 1 month because I am waiting for the new patch to come out. I understand it takes time however a sticky at the top of the page would put a lot of minds at rest as to what is actually going to be fixed and whether or not the patch is going to be worth waiting for.

I also agree with others in the fact that it is a disgrace that a game can be released and then you have to wait months for it to be playable - if it aint ready then dont release it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jack McQueen:

id be concerned about them still stuffing around with fm08 instead of focusing on 09. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they are just teasing us. the patch and the data update was completed on the 1st Feb, 1am. this is their idea of punishment for all the nasty commentary. icon_biggrin.gif

soon as there is a criticism they run for the hills and dissapear from the forum completely.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

except for TER...he is amongst us. he never runs

You're all talking about FM 09 as it actually is going to be released. How can you be so optimistic?

I've never seen a CM/FM game receive this much criticism (even though I'm aware of that the more buyers of the game, the more haters/lovers of it), and in many cases it's called for.. in some, it's just your average internet-teens acting up..

FM 08 went off the shelves quicker than ever before... But that doesn't guarantee a success and ultimately a follow-up (FM 09) to the game.

I'm very doubtful... FM Live is going to be the new project for SI from what I understand. How "FM 09" fits in to their plans for the future can and should be of great concern for all you haters and lovers of the game.

I sincerely recommend each and everyone of you to pick up an older version of the game (preferably an older CM game) and remember how sweet it used to be.

I haven't given up hope for FM, it's been an important part of my life for so long, for better or worse, so to just abandon ship because of some big waves is uncalled for...

Fortunately my laptop is broken (did I just say that?) so I have to wait a couple of weeks for the honest and nice people (hm..) at the store to get it fixed. So, no FM patch? No worries.. No computer!

FM Live is a completely separate team from FM. FM08 has had no more criticism than any other version and I would be absolutely amazed if there wasn't an FM09. As you said, it has sold quicker than ever before, so why would they possibly abandon it for something (FM Live) that will never sell as well?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kontrast:

You're all talking about FM 09 as it actually is going to be released. How can you be so optimistic?

I've never seen a CM/FM game receive this much criticism (even though I'm aware of that the more buyers of the game, the more haters/lovers of it), and in many cases it's called for.. in some, it's just your average internet-teens acting up..

FM 08 went off the shelves quicker than ever before... But that doesn't guarantee a success and ultimately a follow-up (FM 09) to the game.

I'm very doubtful... FM Live is going to be the new project for SI from what I understand. How "FM 09" fits in to their plans for the future can and should be of great concern for all you haters and lovers of the game.

I sincerely recommend each and everyone of you to pick up an older version of the game (preferably an older CM game) and remember how sweet it used to be.

I haven't given up hope for FM, it's been an important part of my life for so long, for better or worse, so to just abandon ship because of some big waves is uncalled for...

Fortunately my laptop is broken (did I just say that?) so I have to wait a couple of weeks for the honest and nice people (hm..) at the store to get it fixed. So, no FM patch? No worries.. No computer! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am 99.99% certain that there will be an FM09. Your main argument as to why there won't be is FM Live. BUt that isa side project, why would they stop making the game which brings in practically all of their income just becuase there is now another game. Regardless of how successful FM Live is there will still be plenty of income to gain from FM09 so it would be pure stupidity for them to stop releasing their main game.

As for the criticism, there wasn't really massive amounts of more criticism for FM08 than there was for previous versions. Going of this forum is not a good way to measure how many people like or dislike the game. I am willing to bet FM09 will get criticism just like all the others but it will still be one of the best selling games.

My critiscism is after finishing a second season in the spl there are no further fixtures in the league therefore the players i signed in the lead up to the 3rd season is pointless as all i get to play is the 2 domestic cups and the european cup! this has left me disappointed in FM for the first time since the game was first released.

My career game went down the pan early Jan, and knowing there would be patch/data update out soonish, I decided to use the down-time to tinker with tactics on a limited (hence quicker) game with Farsley Celtic (started unemployed, as per). So far, so good - I'm 5th after a dozen games (I've also taken full charge of reserve and kids teams). Tactics appear to be finally sorted.

You just watch the patch render current tactics useless again! icon_frown.gif

A lot of people seem to write here without any knowledge on what they are writing on about or how SI works... before you criticize at least know a few things, I mean get a thing or two straight.

The data update that comes along with the patches will never delay the release of a patch nor will it be the main component of it. Patches are there to fix bugs that's their primary goal. The game DB is constantly being updated under SI's instructions by the researchers. When a patch is released the latest DB is released with it so if anything it's the patch that would delay the release of the new DB (which is something that shouldn't bother anyone as the DB is just a side kick to the patch its just an icing on the cake).

As others have stated this version has not been crticized more than any other version. We see the same picture every year nothing different. The main difference this year could be that there has been an increase amongst younger or newer buyers of the game joining the forums and talking utter nonsense out of their behinds. Most of these people are the laziest and most unaware people I have witnesse yet on the internet (not that I go too far into the series of tubes it is).

It's really not too hard to find any info you are looking for just use the search option, so a new topic every 2 hours is completely uneccesarry and simply put a mark of stupidity.

That would actually be my main gripe: the stats just don't match up to what you see. I have a striker with pace and acceleration of 8 and 6 respectively. In a reserve game, he outpaced a defender (actually, it was like Thierry Henry racing a stone). I checked the defender's stats: pace and acceleration were 13 and 13 - regardless of anything else, my striker should have got nowhere near the ball. Even if the defender had been caught on his heels, the difference in stats would at least have allowed him to recover and defend 'properly'.

As it was, my striker went on a one-on-one, and with 3/4 of the goal to aim at, hit it just where the keeper was standing. So not so much superkeeper as psychic keeper/blind striker.

I think the main thing is that people are getting frustrated(hence all the posts about this) when all it would take is for SI to make a simple post: 8.0.2 Patch Update, and just include a little bit of info about where they are at, it would take them 30 seconds todo. And have it stickied.

Personally it doesn't bother me, but the millions of posts with the same question are annoying when it can be solved with absolute minimal effort on SI's part.

I guess there may be info from SI burried deep in other posts, just make something easy and visible for people to see SI, it'll put everyone's mind at rest and stop(well most of) the pointless spam filling these boards.

right so we can finally have a fixed and updated game to fully enjoy for 6 months until we wait for the next version which will need ptached to fix all the bugs that will have. well if the 8.02 patch makes the game as good and as realistically playable as 07 when it was fully patched then i look forward to 6motnhs of non stop playing.

Tbh, for now, I am saying I won't be getting FM09 so I can get the most I can out of 08. Of course, I'll see the blurb and play the demo in September/October and that'll go out the window...

SI have released many a decent CM/FM game in their time but now and again they release a version that has so many bugs it takes away the enjoyment of playing it. Many people on here have said the game is unplayable. This is not true but this is also not what they mean. What they are trying to say is this game brings me no enjoyment at all. But if they say that then you get the usual posts "play something else, Its your tactics."

I for one swore i would never play FM08 again but as i have paid a lot of money for it it seems right that i should get my moneys worth and that right there is the main problem thrown at SI at the moment. Far too many of use are not getting enjoyment for our money and this will lead to only one thing a drop in sales and no more FM series. I don't want that to happen.

SI have been great in the past. They release a poor game and they create patches to repair it. They didn't need to do that but then they wouldn't have sold many copies of the future versions. But by us customers allowing this process to continue unabated and I mean every year without fail we buy the game find it has issues but wait for patches then go out and buy the next version, we have given SI the opportunity to rush out a game before proper testing. We have to stop and say no more. If the game is not right we will not buy the next version. Prove to us SI you can release a game that is worthy of the fan base you have built up. If we don't as fans take a stand then we allow ourselves to be taken advantage of. End it now. £35 for a game that will only be bug free six months after release and six months before the new version is not acceptable. If we only get half the game time then lets pay half the price.

SI Lets us fans have an update on this patch and let us know in future we will not be in this position again.

And fans lets let SI know we will support them but only if we are treated as we are deserved. With a game that works straight out of the box.

fair post.

mostly I agree with you. I don't think we'll get workin 100% game out of box for many reasons.

as I said few times before; if this patch is testing now, and if something goes wrong and that's something it can get fixed with next few months of testing, when will that patch be out?

it's allmost march and the game still isn't palyable/enjoyable, so I think my question should be answered by someone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

it's allmost march and the game still isn't palyable/enjoyable, so I think my question should be answered by someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it was.

I doubt that SI are completely happy with any incarnation of the game to be honest. There will always be improvements they want to make and always be features they'd like to add. It's a shame when some things do not work but being petulant on an internet forum is not likely to get fixes any quicker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

A lot of people seem to write here without any knowledge on what they are writing on about or how SI works... before you criticize at least know a few things, I mean get a thing or two straight.

The data update that comes along with the patches will never delay the release of a patch nor will it be the main component of it. Patches are there to fix bugs that's their primary goal. The game DB is constantly being updated under SI's instructions by the researchers. When a patch is released the latest DB is released with it so if anything it's the patch that would delay the release of the new DB (which is something that shouldn't bother anyone as the DB is just a side kick to the patch its just an icing on the cake).

As others have stated this version has not been crticized more than any other version. We see the same picture every year nothing different. The main difference this year could be that there has been an increase amongst younger or newer buyers of the game joining the forums and talking utter nonsense out of their behinds. Most of these people are the laziest and most unaware people I have witnesse yet on the internet (not that I go too far into the series of tubes it is).

It's really not too hard to find any info you are looking for just use the search option, so a new topic every 2 hours is completely uneccesarry and simply put a mark of stupidity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think you are wrong. As far as I understand it it's the testing of the data update that is now delaying the patch. The patch may well be ready but they're most likely refining, testing the patch further until the data is ready.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DaveRH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

it's allmost march and the game still isn't palyable/enjoyable, so I think my question should be answered by someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it was.

I doubt that SI are completely happy with any incarnation of the game to be honest. There will always be improvements they want to make and always be features they'd like to add. It's a shame when some things do not work but being petulant on an internet forum is not likely to get fixes any quicker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't expect my question to be answered, but I think I made a valid point. I'm all for that, SI make this patch the best they can and take their time. but it's strange we must wait until now to get a decent game...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schuey100:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doruk:

It's really not too hard to find any info you are looking for just use the search option, so a new topic every 2 hours is completely uneccesarry and simply put a mark of stupidity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think you are wrong. As far as I understand it it's the testing of the data update that is now delaying the patch. The patch may well be ready but they're most likely refining, testing the patch further until the data is ready. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

testing of data. I don't know why data should be tested??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Intrinsic:

I think the main thing is that people are getting frustrated(hence all the posts about this) when all it would take is for SI to make a simple post: 8.0.2 Patch Update, and just include a little bit of info about where they are at, it would take them 30 seconds todo. And have it stickied.

Personally it doesn't bother me, but the millions of posts with the same question are annoying when it can be solved with absolute minimal effort on SI's part.

I guess there may be info from SI burried deep in other posts, just make something easy and visible for people to see SI, it'll put everyone's mind at rest and stop(well most of) the pointless spam filling these boards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got to agree with this post. Is a bit of a status update it really that much to ask?

I'm waiting to start a new game at the moment but there doesn't seem to be much point in doing that if I just need to wait a little longer in order to have the full benefits of the patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by schuey100:

Actually, I think you are wrong. As far as I understand it it's the testing of the data update that is now delaying the patch. The patch may well be ready but they're most likely refining, testing the patch further until the data is ready. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

testing of data. I don't know why data should be tested?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I assume for balance issues but I have no idea. I can guess, when we import data we need to make sure that it's as clean as possible and doesn't cause further issues down the line. The testing and collating of the data can often take a few weeks.

Another guess might be that they need to be sure it's relatively accurate and that nothing has been missed. Imagine if Rooney was left out or some Zagreb player was the best player on the database or some transfer was missed. There would be uproar icon_smile.gif

But those are just guesses, as I say I think I heard that SI is currently dealing with the data update which is why we're waiting.

testing of data. I don't know why data should be tested?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's funny, a lot of our customers are the same, "why is it going to cost us £100k and two months to get the data clean and ready for use? Just put it in and be done with it".

When you explain that if we did that they'd end up paying three times that much to sort out all the issues they understand icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">testing of data. I don't know why data should be tested?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because data is a massive part of the game. If we didn't test it then you wouldn't have got far in your game as there was some issue with Austrian U19 teams that was causing the game to crash.

Just one error in the database can cause very serious issues.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">testing of data. I don't know why data should be tested?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because data is a massive part of the game. If we didn't test it then you wouldn't have got far in your game as there was some issue with Austrian U19 teams that was causing the game to crash.

Just one error in the database can cause very serious issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK icon14.gif

schuey, what Zagreb player you meen. I'm asking becouse I'm croatian, I hope you don't meen luka modric icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

Just one error in the database can cause very serious issues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK icon14.gif

schuey, what Zagreb player you meen. I'm asking becouse I'm croatian, I hope you don't meen luka modric icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha! icon_smile.gif I used zagreb as an example. I have no idea why, it's just the first team that sprung to mind.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

If you listen to the latest official SI podcast...it seems there's a little hint about something exciting on 14th February...well that's the way it seemed to me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the day that we at Bolton either hammer or get hammered by Atletico Madrid icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stevereay:

SI have released many a decent CM/FM game in their time but now and again they release a version that has so many bugs it takes away the enjoyment of playing it. Many people on here have said the game is unplayable. This is not true but this is also not what they mean. What they are trying to say is this game brings me no enjoyment at all. But if they say that then you get the usual posts "play something else, Its your tactics."

I for one swore i would never play FM08 again but as i have paid a lot of money for it it seems right that i should get my moneys worth and that right there is the main problem thrown at SI at the moment. Far too many of use are not getting enjoyment for our money and this will lead to only one thing a drop in sales and no more FM series. I don't want that to happen.

SI have been great in the past. They release a poor game and they create patches to repair it. They didn't need to do that but then they wouldn't have sold many copies of the future versions. But by us customers allowing this process to continue unabated and I mean every year without fail we buy the game find it has issues but wait for patches then go out and buy the next version, we have given SI the opportunity to rush out a game before proper testing. We have to stop and say no more. If the game is not right we will not buy the next version. Prove to us SI you can release a game that is worthy of the fan base you have built up. If we don't as fans take a stand then we allow ourselves to be taken advantage of. End it now. £35 for a game that will only be bug free six months after release and six months before the new version is not acceptable. If we only get half the game time then lets pay half the price.

SI Lets us fans have an update on this patch and let us know in future we will not be in this position again.

And fans lets let SI know we will support them but only if we are treated as we are deserved. With a game that works straight out of the box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very well presented points and I agree with the majority of what you say - but I don't beleive that a game that is so heavily reliant on data will ever be released bug-free out of the box.

SI are dependant on the quality control of these forums for final testing, it is with this information that the patches are based upon and strangely not from their own testing team though.

So guys lots of useful infomation here but i knew there would be a patch have played every fm/cm since amiga days of italia etc.........

But i just wanted to see if we could please have an update from si on the patch similar to the one we had on 8.0.1 from Miles Jacobson

Ypu can't criticise SI for releasing a beta.

The whole game industry does this.

If the people who have 'played FM since 1066' knew their arse from their elbow they would be able to state that if you want to enjoy FM, stay on version behind whats currently selling like hot cakes.

Most of us won't touch Vista until SP2.

Apply the same logic.

what was the actual point of yor post???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

If you listen to the latest official SI podcast...it seems there's a little hint about something exciting on 14th February...well that's the way it seemed to me anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah...valentine's day. they are all getting flowers for each other icon_biggrin.gif

yeah...valentine's day. they are all getting flowers for each other icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will send them flowers if the patch is out on the 14th !

Archived