Upgrading to 7

It will, but probably not enough to make the upgrade worthwhile, especially if you'll get 7 when you buy a new PC.

I'm no expert, but post the spec of your PC and we'll probably be able to find something else for a similar price to 7 that'll give you more performance.

Personally I wouldn't upgrade to Win7 under those circumstances, even though I'm a bit of a Windows 7 fanboy. Yes it runs faster, but it uses the same kernal as Vista - in other words, under the hood it's virtually identical to Vista.

If you're buying a new PC it should come with Win7 installed on it anyway, and if you buy Win7 you're looking at shelling out over £100 for an OS that will come included on your new PC.

Thanks for the info, I only have 1GB Ram and it's a slimline media PC so I'm not sure if I can open it up and just put another stick of ram in. Also heard people are having issues upgrading to 7?

What make and model is it? Someone smarter than I will be able to work out what case you have and whether or not a memory upgrade would be easily sorted. If you can up the RAM it'll be your best bet. 7 needs a minimum of 1gb for the 32bit version, so I don't think you'd get any benefit from the upgrade.

does anyone know what would happen if i upgraded to windows 7 after installing the game on my pc? i'm not a teccy so bear with me....

would i have to wipe my laptop to install windows 7, thus losing my fm installation? and if so will i be able to re-activate it?

i think you know what i mean?

Archived