[PSP] FMH10 Bugs/Issue Reporting Thread

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joe Hart is NOT in the game !

Unfortunately the number of players in the database is not infinite and so some have to miss out. Without looking into this in a great amount of detail, I'd guess the reason Joe Hart isn't in the game is that he is out on loan to Birmingham, which means he has a lower priority to be included particularly as Manchester City have a very big squad which means he probably didn't justify using one of the available Manchester City database 'slots'. Is he included if you load just the English league? You'll find that more of the fringe and youth players will be included in that database setup.

Unfortunately the number of players in the database is not infinite and so some have to miss out. Without looking into this in a great amount of detail, I'd guess the reason Joe Hart isn't in the game is that he is out on loan to Birmingham, which means he has a lower priority to be included particularly as Manchester City have a very big squad which means he probably didn't justify using one of the available Manchester City database 'slots'. Is he included if you load just the English league? You'll find that more of the fringe and youth players will be included in that database setup.

Hey, He is still not in the game when you load just the English league.

manager name change related bug;

Im a few months into a game using my update and my manager name has somehow got confused with some manager names i've changed, eg my name John Smith (not really), Gordon Strachan and Hans Bakke (2 of my 3 managerial name changes). the names are now displayed as Gordon John and Hans Smith.

just seen a good one. My Gk was sent off after i had used my subs and i pressed start before putting another player in goal but thought the game would just put a player in goal but when they came to take the pen I had no GK in goal on the 2d pitch!

just seen a good one. My Gk was sent off after i had used my subs and i pressed start before putting another player in goal but thought the game would just put a player in goal but when they came to take the pen I had no GK in goal on the 2d pitch!

Bad bug - but hilarious man, you have to admit!

Did they score it :D

manager name change related bug;

Im a few months into a game using my update and my manager name has somehow got confused with some manager names i've changed, eg my name John Smith (not really), Gordon Strachan and Hans Bakke (2 of my 3 managerial name changes). the names are now displayed as Gordon John and Hans Smith.

Have SI noted this?

Do you have any further information you can provide? Did the match crash during a 2D highlight? What had just happened in the match? Any extra information would be extremely helpful.

2D pitch was off, using detailed description. In both cases late in the game I was flicking between views and it suddenly froze, and then restarted after about 10 seconds.

• SI Staff
Not sure if this is a bug... But,

"Rotherham United have appointed Ian Bennett as Manager, Sheffield United are now looking for a new Manager."

Ian Bennett was not the manager there, and Kevin Blackwell still is?

Thats a bug but a relatively minor one - I believe its a textual glitch as he's a at Sheffield United I believe but not the manager there (ie. the last sentence shouldn't be the one put there).

"Rotherham United have appointed Ian Bennett as Manager, Sheffield United are now looking for a new Manager."

Just had exactly the same happen on my game as well

James Beattie scored a pen against me (Bolton). then he scored one against United. I went in to check his history to see how many he has scored this season so far. It shows league goals 1. How can this be as I know he has scored at least two.

I usually used play the game as it is, but is their an editor the way there is for the PSP the same way as their is for the PC if so how can I access this?

I'm sorry for posting this again (but i haden't seen this thread)

here goes: Si, i've got a question!

i'm with kv mechelen, after the first season (18/07/2010)

and it's already a month ago since i was last able to scout a player?

i'm afraid this is a BIG bug?

Also, is it normal that the teams don't have 2nd teams?

please reply

Greets, Jens

Pretty bad one. Can't promote players from reserves to 1st team squad and - worse - the names of the players in the reserves team change every time you navigate away from the screen and go back to it. Anyone else had that?

thats not a bug they are just made up players to fill the reserve team up until you put players in there

thats not a bug they are just made up players to fill the reserve team up until you put players in there

But why do their names change when you navigate away from the reserve team and then go back to it? Try it and see.

It's a problem because in AFC Wimbledon's first team, for example, there are (by default) two reserve players, which means you can field them. But their names change all the time too, and you can't demote them to the reserve squad to get rid of them!!! Again, try it and see.

This hasn't happened in previous versions of the game I've played (2007 & 2008) so why in 2010?

its always done that as its just 2 randomly made up names nothing you can do about it, they will just disappear once you sign players to fill the void.

It still seems very odd to me (the way the reserve team players' names change all the time). But I do also see what you're saying. Thanks for replying. I'll just get on with taking AFC Wimbledon to the Champions League Final, then...

But why do their names change when you navigate away from the reserve team and then go back to it? Try it and see.

It's a problem because in AFC Wimbledon's first team, for example, there are (by default) two reserve players, which means you can field them. But their names change all the time too, and you can't demote them to the reserve squad to get rid of them!!! Again, try it and see.

This hasn't happened in previous versions of the game I've played (2007 & 2008) so why in 2010?

These 'virtual' players are added to your squad to ensure you have enough players to play your fixtures. The only way to get rid of them from your first team squad is to buy some more real players - this will mean your squad size goes above the number that causes these players to be generated.

These 'virtual' players are added to your squad to ensure you have enough players to play your fixtures. The only way to get rid of them from your first team squad is to buy some more real players - this will mean your squad size goes above the number that causes these players to be generated.

OK, thanks, I get it, although I still find it weird and a bit off-putting that the names of these virtual players change every time you visit the team screen. But I presume there is some technical reason for this?!

after playing some more (season 3 now), i noticed i can only scout players who ar being loaned from another club (e.g.: i was kv mechelen and anderlecht loaned a player out to mons and i could scout that player).

I managed to scout a player i recently fired, but that's all.

sending scouts for talents or continents turn out to nothin :(

Can this be fixed?

Cheers.

Do you have any further information you can provide? Did the match crash during a 2D highlight? What had just happened in the match? Any extra information would be extremely helpful.

I got more! All four occurrences have been during pre-season friendlies, and each time I was navigating to or away from the "other scores" screen, I can only assume that the volume of matches occurring is too much for it.

Players playing internationals the day of the Champions League final. Again.

Sorry SI this is not acceptable

The Champions League Final is the most important club game in the world. As someone who takes small teams with the aim of winning the CL and the highest league in their country.

Do you know how annoying it is to have played for 7 or 8 seasons only to have your best players not available???

Cheers

Chang

I've just had the exact same thing in my Arsenal game, Ian Bennett moved to Port Vale, but I looked at the board and Blackwell is still the manager there. Isn't Bennett a player, and does he not have a manager job release clause?

Edit: I understand now, and see how this is a problem.

Had a crash last night:

Was half-time, just made a sub and then went back to the overview screen. Kicked off for half time, 2 lines of text came up then the game freezed for about 30 seconds before restarting my psp. Was annoying as hadn't saved in half an hour and was doing a good start with the mighty AFC Wimbledon (was only 3 matches in though lol)

Settings were:

Speed: Fast

Pitch: Extended

Zoom: Full

However, the pitch hadn't come up before freezing.

Hope this helps :)

Archived