+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seattle Sounders

Amateur

Default Seattle Sounders

Decided to give managing in the MLS a go in FM10 and choose Seattle at random and noticed that they pay just $1 a year to rent out Qwest Field!!.. one of the best looking stadiums in the States IMO. Any one know the story behind this or is it just a mistake in the database?

Amateur

Default Re: Seattle Sounders

Fredy montero

I imagine that in actuality they play there rent free, however in the database this has to be entered as £1. There are a few clubs in the game in a similar situation.

Cheers.

Amateur

Yeah, I am pretty sure they play there rent free. I haven't actually heard much about their deal at Qwest since the season started.

Amateur

Paul Allen owns both the Seattle Seahawks and Sounders FC

Amateur

Comedian Drew Carey is a part owner of the Sounders. Is he included as part of the Seatle board on FM?

Amateur

I think Paul Allen also owns Qwest Field. The guy is crazy rich...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thundercracker View Post
    Comedian Drew Carey is a part owner of the Sounders. Is he included as part of the Seatle board on FM?
    He is.

Yes Paul Allen pushed hard for Qwest. It was built with mostly public money. Not sure if he owns it though.

Amateur

Has it been pretty fun managing the sounders? I might give them a go when i get the game.

Amateur

The Sounders were the first team I managed in the MLS (after unsuccessful attempts to manage Watford), and I won a championship in the first season. I largely used a 3-1-1-2-3 attacking setup, adding more defenders and playing defensive/contain with a lead of at least two goals. Mostly stuck with the original lineup, but found a great pickup in the free transfer market - Henri Camara. Camara and Montero both had about 20 goals apiece in that championship season, while Brad Evans, Nate Jaqua and Freddie Ljungberg all had between 7 and 10. Pius Ikedia, a Nigerian attacking midfielder whom I picked up via free transfer, was my equivalent of a basketball "instant offense guy off the bench"...

Quote Originally Posted by thundercracker View Post
    He took over as majority owner in my second season with the Sounders. But the way we ended the 2010 season wasn't funny...four straight losses and an easy elimination in the MLS semifinals...

That game's all over and done with, though. Restarting all saved games now that I've got the latest patch...

+ Reply to Thread