+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,200 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by aston_martin View Post
    Just beat Wimbledon in the 1st round of the FA Cup Would be brilliant if I could get through into the 3rd round a get a Premiership team
    As long as it is away draw, the money is insane for a lower league club

Third Team

Well, I got Rushden & Diamonds who beat me 1-0 thanks to a goal from a striker who I had last season and couldn't get into my side!

Beat Cambridge City who are in the league above for the 1st FA Trophy round too.

After 17 games I'm 2nd in the league, 1 point off the top, got another cracking player on loan from Lincoln, a striker this time, who has 9 goals and 6 assists in the league, I've also signed the LB who they loaned me last season. signed a Ghanian and Togolese CM pairing on free transfers after offering them trials and they're dominating the middle of the park.

Promotion is on the cards hopefully, should have an end of season update tomorrow or Sunday.
    Last edited by aston_martin; 06-08-2010 at 23:36.

Third Team

Secured a playoff spot, 38 games gone, 4 points clear at the top

Third Team

Promoted as champions! Update to come soon.

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2067/68

Finally last season we won the Champions League so it was time to start looking for a new challenge. Over the last few years my squad had been slowly filling with foreigners so I have been looking to bring in English players and give my youth players a chance once again.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

For only the second time ever we have gone unbeaten, although it came very close in game number 36.

Community Shield - Ipswich were good but we got the win.

UEFA Super Cup - another even game but another win.

FIFA Club World Cup - this time we dominated, but struggled to the win.

Carling Cup - two penalty shootout wins took us to the final, which we won with a late goal.

FA Cup - no idea how this happened but we got thumped by a Championship side.

UEFA Champions League - one of the easiest runs and finals we'll ever play.

Squad - the defence is now one of the strongest elements of our team and the English quota is going up.

Transfers - lots of action as we brought in one superb Bosman and three overpriced Englishmen and sold an overrated striker to Man Utd witha silly goals clause.

Key Player Profiles:

Dave Sparrow - he scored 14 last season, I wasn't expecting this.

Axier - the sale of Michaux seems to have had an effect here at least.

Geoff Tynan - the youngster is progressing nicely.

Maximilian Reinhardt - in his old age he's had one of his best seasons ever.

Giovanni Aiello - a great free transfer.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season     League                   Position  Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
    2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
    2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
    2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
    2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
    2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
    2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
    2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
    2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
    2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
    2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
    2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
    2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
    2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
    2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
    2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
    2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
    2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
    2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
    2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
    2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
    Next Season

I'm going to continue to give my youth plyers chances in the hope of perhaps reviving my earlier challenge.
    Last edited by dafuge; 08-08-2010 at 12:55.

Third Team

Boston United 2011/12

Blue Square North
    Media Prediction: 13th
    Board Expectations: Mid-Table Finish
    Final League Position: 1st
    FA Cup: 2nd Round
    FA Trophy: 2nd Round

Excellent season for me, was hoping for promotion through the play-offs, so to be promoted champions was a nice suprise. It was a very close finish to the season with me finishing top of the league on goals scored, being saved by an 82nd minute equaliser in the last game of the season by an injured Neil Wood who came off the bench after recieving an injection for a groin injury in the previous match. In fact I didn't realise just how close it was, I knew going into the last day of the season a draw would likely be enough to see me promoted as champions, however, what I didn't realise was that if I drew, and Eastwood won by a 3 goal margin they would go up on goal difference, they won 4-2, leaving me to finish top, hanging by a thread.

I did pretty well in the cups too, getting to the 2nd round of the FA Cup, beating AFC Wimbledom on the way, before succumbing to Rushden & Diamonds and a strike from my own ex-striker Kilheeney, who I moved on due to his lack of goal scoring in my first season. I also got to the 2nd round of the FA Trophy, beating BSP side Cambridge United in the 1st round, before losing 2-1 to Blyth while I was in a horrible run of fixture congestion and was playing with players who only had fitness in the 70% range.

My transfers for the season, with more going out than in to lower the high wage bill, this left me a bit short handed at times, however, while lacking somewhat in quantity, the overall quality of the team was better this time round. Here is what my squad looked like with a full break down of stats.

Here is a breakdown of the players stats for my league this season.

Player of the season: Yoann Folly

I offered this guy a trial in the summer, and didn't think he'd consider joining me as his attributes were far too good for a BSN player I thought, however, he was more than happy to come, and was, in my opinion, my most important player. While Hutchinson grabbed the headlines for his goals and assists, this guy basically ran the midfield, and we missed him a lot when he was out as I don't have another midfielder of his quality, where as I think we could have concieveably coped without Hutchinson as we had Traynor on the bench to fill in his role. Folly is now attracting interest from league clubs so I may well lose him this off season.

Key Players

Luca Colemann-Carr: Signed on a permanent basis after his successful loan in his season before, formed an integral part of the defence and offered good support on the wing.

Andrew Hutchinson: Lincoln seem to be a good place for me to find loans, this guy scored and assisted in abundance, I hope I can sign him permanently or at least get a new loan deal for him next season as I feel he could be integral to our chances in the BSP.

Craig Westcarr: Provided excellent width on the right, his all-round play was excellent.

Michael Wilde: Hutchinson's strike partner for most of the season, a much better season this time round and he was a good foil for Hutchinson, while scoring a fair few goals himself.

Neil Wood: Wasn't a starter for most of the season, but when injury struck he filled in excellently, and created lots of goals. Also got that all important late equaliser so we could win the league.

Other Notable Players:

Bobby Traynor: Relegated largely to a bench role with the arrival of Hutchinson, but was an excellent impact player, grabbing me a fair few late winners and equalisers.

Lee Canovile: The captain was once again solid at RB, although now he's 30, he may have to be replaced in the starting line up for next season.

Joseph Boayke: Young Ghanaian midfielder played the holding role well before he got injured, forming a good partnership with Folly.

Dean Bradbury: Regen from the youth system who did really well when shoved into the first team halfway through the season, replacing Cowan who was continually being ripped apart.

Aim for next season: Safety, maybe a nice lower mid-table finish.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season         League                  Position            Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North       13th                    
    2011/12        Blue Square North       1st                 Promoted as champions
    Last edited by aston_martin; 08-08-2010 at 01:29.

Amateur

My starting screenshot with Hastings United

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Carling Cup - two panty shootout wins took us to the final, which we won with a late goal.
    Football in the 2060's seems to have finally come up with an interesting alternative to the penalty shootout ;)

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by daemonic View Post
    Football in the 2060's seems to have finally come up with an interesting alternative to the penalty shootout ;)
    Good job the final didn't end that like, we had gone team commando

Third Team

Still can't find a logo pack with cambridge city's logo in

Third Team

Had a striker come through the ranks with 16 acceleration, 15 pace, 9 finishing, not bad for a 16 year old at this level, unfortunately his composure is 1 /o\. Going to have him tutored by one of my older strikers in the hope of getting that up.

Third Team

Just signed this guy on a free transfer, should fill Hutchinson's boots quite nicely, doubt I'll be lacking for goals this season with him up top.

Youth Team

Just had the 3000th goal of my reign, French AM Magalhaes with a 25 yard curler into the top corner

Amateur

Boston United - 2014/15 - League One

Media prediction: 24th
    Actual finish: 19th

League table

So after a whirlwind of 3 promotions in four years, we finally came down to earth and finished in the bottom half of the table - too close to the relegation zone if you ask me. The main reason was that I revamped the entire squad, making around 20 signings over the course of the season (and a corresponding number of sold / released players). The lack of consistency hurt us this year, but at least the squad had players who were actually good enough for this level!

Here were my 2 "star players" (neither of them was actually that good):

Tom Kilbey - leading goalscorer from midfield... we didn't exactly have a world class attack

Luca Pozzi - without this guy's goals in the second half of the season, we might have gone down

match of the season in my books.

and here's a gem from my inspirational vice captain: "lads, we need to win 0 of the next 2 games!"

next season's goal: a top half finish.

Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
    2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions
    2013/14         League Two                1st            Promoted - Champions
    2014/15         League One                19th           None

Third Team

The much delayed season review

Cambridge City - 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

Media prediction: 24th
    Actual finish: 1st - Promoted

League Table
    Transfers

Started off almost bringing in a new team, Only 3 players who were in last years starting line-up kept there place in the line-up. In the league we were always in battle with Oxford for promotion, but a few poor performances in the season meant I was aiming for play-off's, but Oxford finished the season badly which meant i could win the league

Highlight of the season was winning the FA trophy Lowlight was not truly competing in the FA Cup

Squad

Star Player
    James Forrest

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11         Blue Square South         1st            Promoted - Champions
    2011/12         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions, FA Trophy winners

Amateur

I hope its not too late to start this? I had a brilliant careere on FM. Not quite like this but it was my local side worcester in BSS. took them to back-to-back prem titles, with a uefa cup win. Then my laptop broke!!! anyway I'll try and gove this challenge a go, at least until FM 11 is released. I apologise in advance if I mess up Screenshots etc!

Wish me luck!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BrightLad5 View Post
    I hope its not too late to start this? I had a brilliant careere on FM. Not quite like this but it was my local side worcester in BSS. took them to back-to-back prem titles, with a uefa cup win. Then my laptop broke!!! anyway I'll try and gove this challenge a go, at least until FM 11 is released. I apologise in advance if I mess up Screenshots etc!

Wish me luck!
    It is never too late to start, best of luck

Amateur

Thanks mate, and great idea for a challenge! I'll (attempt to) get my first screenshot up soon when I take over a club! Ohh I hope its Merthyr (was them on 09) or Halesowen (local-ish and friends hometown)

Third Team

Halesowen are my local club, tried and tried to get them, but they don't have a very high rep, so I never got them

Amateur

Halesowen are my local club, tried and tried to get them, but they don't have a very high rep, so I never got them
    I remember them getting promoted on my Worcester City, but that might have been a few seasons in to be fair. Are you allowed to save the game and retry to see what different teams get promoted then, or do you get what you're given and stick with that choice of teams initally promoted?

Third Team

You're allowed to keep retrying. The promotions are done on the 26th June if I remember rightly, so if you save on the 25th, you can keep retrying until you get a team you want

Amateur

Thanks man! Im gonna try hard to get Halesowen I think. If not then I want another team with a rep which is less than 1000, based on the list on page 1. It'll make it a bit tougher plus it will add a bit of variation to the thread as not many others will have it.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Headed back to my Canvey Island Save after a bit of time away from the game. Just at end of season 3 now in League 2 with 3 games to play

Amateur

Amateur

Sorry guys, as you can see I managed to get the screen shot up, but I don't know how to hyperlink it to only come up when the text is clicked. I tried following the instructions on page one but in the quick links tab, there was no 'edit options'. Any help would be great.

Anyway in the mean time Im going to start out my journey with Chippenham Town!

First Team Squad Member
    To be an Arsenal fan you have to be a masochist

My challenge is over as the save game has refused to load. I had reached the Premiership and in my first season I shockingly qualified for Europa league due to the league being of an abysmal standard. I had just spent lots of time redoing the squad aswell

Amateur

Hastings United 2010/11

Blue Square South
    Media Prediction: 21st
    Board Expectations: Avoid Relegation
    Final League Position: 2nd (Promoted Through Playoffs)
    FA Trophy: 3rd Qualifying Round
    FA Cup: 1st Round

I started the season very poorly losing 6 out my first 12 leaving us 15th in the league and a long way away from being seen as potential promotion candidates, although I do blame the poor start due to the fact that it was always going to take time for my squad consisting of 22 new signings including three loanees to blend. I started to pick up form in around late october/early november and began to climb my way towards the top three where I stayed for the rest of the season only losing two more games but was still unable to catch Eastleigh at the top resulting in us having to play in the playoffs. We managed to fend off Havant and Waterlooville in the semi-finals 4-2 on aggregate and managed to scrape past Truro on penalties meaning that I will have to be shake up Hastings again next season so that we can survive in the Blue Square Premier.

Key Player

John Marquis : I loaned him from Millwall from 31.12.10 as my team was lacking firepower and he went on set the league alight in the second half of the season scoring 20 goals in 24 appearances with 10 assists and an average rating of 7.61

League Table

Finances (as of 1st June 2011)

World Cup Winner

Sorry guys, as you can see I managed to get the screen shot up, but I don't know how to hyperlink it to only come up when the text is clicked. I tried following the instructions on page one but in the quick links tab, there was no 'edit options'. Any help would be great.
    The option seems to have moved with the forum upgrade.

Here's the new version:

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'Settings' then 'General Settings' (on the left). At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Amateur

Ok Thanks, This is just a tester...

Amateur

Brilliant thanks!!

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2068/69

With the trophies rolling in, it was time for me to start a new era as I once again started moulding my squad to give my youth players a chance.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We finished an amazing 66 game unbeaten streak with an astonishing 1-0 home loss to rock bottom Wolves. Once the record had gone the squad rotation started as the league was an easy win.

Community Shield - a dominant win against unlikely opponents.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested.

FIFA Club World Cup - another match that could have gone either way, although we did field the kids.

Carling Cup - we fell at the first hurdle with a shocking loss.

FA Cup - one of the most dominant runs and finals we will have.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was a bit of a struggle but we saved our best for the latter stages, especially the final.

Squad - the English quota is improving as the squad rotation continues.

Transfers - a huge clearout as I made efforts to give my own youth players more games. The signings were all youngsters just to fill a few gaps in the meantime.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - he's back to his best.

Dave Sparrow - these two strikers seem to have switched roles.

Toni Crnjak - usually I'd sell at this age but he's still superb.

Dean Parker - he was a big money signing but it is great to have an English player like this.

Sergio Arias - he's always been on the fringe of the team but he's had a great year.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
    2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
    2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
    2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
    2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
    2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
    2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
    2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
    2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2067/68    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and Carling Cup winners
    2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
    Next Season

Once again, no real aims but I'll continue to rotate the squad.
    Last edited by dafuge; 10-08-2010 at 00:26.

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2068/69

With the trophies rolling in, it was time for me to start a new era as I once again started moulding my squad to give my youth players a chance.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We finished an amazing 66 game unbeaten streak with an astonishing 1-0 home loss to rock bottom Wolves. Once the record had gone the squad rotation started as the league was an easy win.

Community Shield - a dominant win against unlikely opponents.

UEFA Super Cup - it was a lot closer than the scoreline suggested.

FIFA Club World Cup - another match that could have gone either way, although we did field the kids.

Carling Cup - we fell at the first hurdle with a shocking loss.

FA Cup - one of the most dominant runs and finals we will have.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was a bit of a struggle but we saved our best for the latter stages, especially the final.

Squad - the English quota is improving as the squad rotation continues.

Transfers - a huge clearout as I made efforts to give my own youth players more games. The signings were all youngsters just to fill a few gaps in the meantime.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - he's back to his best.

Dave Sparrow - these two strikers seem to have switched roles.

Toni Crnjak - usually I'd sell at this age but he's still superb.

Dean Parker - he was a big money signing but it is great to have an English player like this.

Sergio Arias - he's always been on the fringe of the team but he's had a great year.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2068/69    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
    Next Season

Once again, no real aims but I'll continue to rotate the squad.

Holy moly - thats epic!!!! Well done - i would have quit at 28-29.

Did you get a son? If So, did he get a son? Can he play? ;)

Youth Team

I thought I was back to playing a decent amount but that's 2 seasons in the time it's taken me to get through 6 months! You've got to be looking at a century before FM11 now!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by MelbVictory View Post
    Did you get a son? If So, did he get a son? Can he play? ;)
    I wish :mad:

A son is one of the few things I've never seen in one of my games, despite the silly number of seasons I've completed since the feature was introduced.

Third Team

If you had a son and he was rubbish would you still play him?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I thought I was back to playing a decent amount but that's 2 seasons in the time it's taken me to get through 6 months! You've got to be looking at a century before FM11 now!
    I am flying through at the moment, after returning from my holiday I've completed three seasons in just one week.

The sad thing is now the mrs has gone back to work I might speed up a bit

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by mag man View Post
    If you had a son and he was rubbish would you still play him?
    Without a doubt.

If anything it would be interesting to see just how much I could get out of a rubbish player.

Youth Team

Without a doubt.

If anything it would be interesting to see just how much I could get out of a rubbish player.
    It'd depend what position he's in I think. With my tactical set-up I can get away with having some pretty poor players in central midfield - which is why Joe Thomas has made more appearances than anyone else from my academy, he's really quite a poor DM/MC, and would probably be lower Premiership/upper Championship standard if he wasn't playing for me, but he's first choice and never really gets exposed, even alongside another poor player.

Youth Team
    CatQT - 1 year on and you're still not ready.

Merthyr Tydfil - 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

Media Prediction: 24th
    Actual Finish: 1st, Champions

League Table
    Transfers
    Squad
    League Stats

After a good start to the season are squad managed to look like contenders for a play off spot at the end of the season, as Oxford were miles ahead of everyone. However, a good run of form towards the end of the season gave us a chance to win the league which we did by winning on the final day of the season.
    We got to the FA Cup 4th round only to lose to Blackburn 1-0 at Ewood Park.
    We won the FA Trophy which was a huge achievement for the team.

Star Players

Ryan Nelson (On Loan from Horsham)
    Kyle McAusland
    Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva
    Kal Naismith
    Inigo Idiakez

Future Stars

Michael Walsh
    Andy Brown

Code:
    Season		League			League Finish	Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11		Blue Square South	1st		League Champions 
    2011/12		Blue Square Premeir	1st		League Champions, FA Trophy Winners
    Last edited by Recky_D; 10-08-2010 at 14:19.

Amateur

Morning lads, been out the game for a while, playing a heck of a lot of FIFA and drinking way too much, and tried some other challenges, but this still is formidable and the best challenge on offer. So...I see that still no one had taken my local side AFC Hornchurch to the promised land yet. So here it goes with my local side, thanks to gilbster for the save upload, and now to begin the epic journey beginning and Bridge Avenue. Joe Jordan takes the hot seat, so lett's see where this takes us, and hopefully i'll get a son in the save!

Amateur

A little late to be starting this again, but meh.

Ladies and gentleman, the new MANAGER of Oxford City

Amateur

In January of my 1st season with Chippenham Town. I aimed for a team with a reputation below 1000 because I thought it would be more fun and unique, turns out it is fun but in the way that when you get a 1-1 draw away from home you go mental with joy but most of the time you need to scream into a pillow! Currently 18th. Playoffs are out of the picture Im almost certain, but we'll see!
    Last edited by BrightLad5; 10-08-2010 at 22:50.

Amateur

Chippenham Town 2010/11 Season Review

Blue Square South final position: 10th

LEAGUE TABLE
    LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH - which is fantastic viewing!

My first season with Chippenham Town, and it was certainly a season of two halves. By December it was clear we wouldn't get the playoffs as we were in a relegation fight with a few other teams. We were switching between being in the relegation zone to just outside. It was January that I decided to drop my 4-1-3-2 formation and go for a more attacking 4-3-3. This is where things started going well. We signed a good striker to fit into the new formation and we quickly rose up the table to finish 10th. Although I'm very pleased with the second haf of the season, the saving grace of the first half was my FA Cup run.

FA CUP - Getting to the 2nd round of the FA Cup was brilliant. Could have gone further though as I felt I could beat Mansfield after an epic game in the 1st Round aginst Forest Green of the BSP

FA TROPHY - Nothing really worth shouting about. Losing to Newport was annoying but I'm not too bothered overall

TRANSFERS - A lot of Ins and Outs, some of the Outs even being previous 'Ins', but overally quite happy.

FINANCES - Doesn't look great but that's due to an over budget wage bill. The cup run helped out a lot!

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Richard Lecky was on fire for me up front. Took a while to settle in but goals in the cup soon lead to goals in the league and he even turned out to be Blue Square South signing of the season.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Scott Shulton. The 21 year old came into the team at the very start and and was a very consistant player for his age. He lead my assists chart at the end of the season, as well as being one of my best tacklers to stop the opposition and also a very accurate passer. His pass completion was one of the best in the league.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Marvin Brown (CF) - Signed him on a free from Worcester and he, like Lecky, struggled a lot at the start of the season. However he had very powerful shot and was often in the right position to score as many as he did. Overall, very helpful in the push at in the second half of the season.

Danny Smith (MC) - The Captain. Got a injury near the start of the season which kept him out which was gutting as he was great at cutting out passes in his DMC role in the 4-1-3-2 formation. He managed to perform very well in CM in the 4-3-3 formation. One of the most consistant players of the season.

Jabuti (CF) - Signed this guy in January as I needed another striker to fit into my 4-3-3. He took a few games to gel but still managed to get MOTM in his first 2 games. Very quick player who could provide as well as score. He looks likely to be my main weapon for next season.

Matt Jones (DR) - Another player who could be counted on to have a good game. Great at cutting out passes and putting in great last ditch tackles. He was also great at getting the ball forward and curling in some brilliant crosses.

Aims for 2011/12?

> LEAGUE - Playoffs. I think this is achievable now. The team has bonded and with a record of 11 out of our 15 wins coming in the second half of the season in 10/11, theres no reason why we can't bring that into this season.

Baker's Prediction - 5th

> CUPS - Not too concerned about the Cups. It would be nice to better the FA Trophy run this year though.

> TRANSFERS - Bring in a new keeper as soon as possible, maybe a CB and CM just to add a little more quality to our depth. Get rid of the deadwood to free up the wage budget

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

[b]CANVEY ISLAND SEASON 3 - 2011/12[b]

The league was a surprise with us in the top 6 all season before we dropped out of the playoffs after a run of games without gaining a win.

League - Coca Cola League 2

League Table

Cup Competitions

The League cup saw us drawn against Portsmouth so I expected to go out however the shock was holding them to Two Goals

The Johnstones paint trophy saw us get a bye for the 1st round before we went out in the 2nd to Colchester

The FA Cup was disapointing going out in the 1st round to Bradford

Transfers

Transfers

Key Players

Jamie reckord Good young Left back has been great all season

David Davis Once again another good season from the midfielder

Arnaud Mendy A versatile player who can be in the defense and midfield

Daryl Duffy A good season from Duffy

Jordy Brouwer The dutch striker was signed on a free from Liverpool and had a good year.

History

Code:
    Season      League              Position              Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11    Blue Square South      1st             Champions, Promoted
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier    1st             Champions, Promoted
    2012/13    League 2               8th             None

CANVEY ISLAND 100 CLUB

Code:
    Player          Position        Seasons       League Appearances         Goals
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James Russell     GK          2009 - 2013         166
    Jack Macleod      MR          2009 - Present      151

Amateur

Guys, where do you get the graphics for the teams logos?

Amateur

Oh dear... :S

Hopefully due to my excellent start to the season of 5 wins 1 draw, consisting on 3 wins of 3-0 or over I put these largely down to the signings of 3 strikers: Kyle Wilson, Sean Fitzharris and Jamie Keatings (The super sub).

Going to hopefully complete this season tonight or tomorrow, so be ready for my review

Amateur

Hastings United 2011/12

Blue Square Premier
    Media Prediction: 24th
    Final League Position: 1st
    FA Trophy: 2nd Round (Lost 1-0 away at Cheltenham)
    FA Cup: 4th Round (Lost 6-0 away at Arsenal)

This season as I expected turned out to be a pretty straight forward truimph as the difference in quality between the Blue Square South and Blue Square Premier is not so significant as is the similiar case between the Blue Square Premier and League Two. I took control of the league quite early on in the season with a string of early good results consisting of 7 games without conceding and an 11 game winning streak. I wrapped up the title finally in the penultimate game with a 1-0 victory over Histon which confirmed are status as a League 2 club next season. The season also included a FA Cup run to the 4th Round which included a 1-0 victory against Eastwood, a 2-1 victory against League 2 Lincoln and a 2-0 home victory against League 2 Rushden. Our cup run ultimately though was ended by an absolute bombardment from Arsenal which led us to lose 6-0 , although we did manage to receive around £800,000 in gate receipts from the game at the Emirates meaning are bank balance jumped from around £200,000 to £1,050,000.

Notable Players

Luca Santonocito - Signed from Celtic on a free and turned out to be far too good for this league.

Daniel Jones - Signed from Wolves on a free and played consistently to a high standard throughout the season and made the left back posistion his own.

Nick Main - Broke into the first team late in the season and impressed enough to be offered a full time contract next season.

Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu
    - Signed from Darlington on a free the previous season and top scored for the second season running with 22 goals and 12 assists.

League Table

Transfers

Finances
    - It was hard to attract some of the players I wanted as my wage budget was just £4,500 p/w.

Amateur

@ Brightlad 5

Thats a pretty decent season bud, very even match wins draws and losses. Will be interested too see how you get on for the new season as Ive found the step up from that mid table area to play-off contender consistancy can be extremely tough...best of luck

@ Rory

Fantastic work!! Hastings is a local team for me I live just a little north of them, lucky you with getting them Ive never managed to get hold of them in many hundreds of re-loads. Good luck taking on the big boys in the real football leagues and use all that prize money too good effect!
    Last edited by Steviedaniels; 12-08-2010 at 23:45.

Amateur

Well in early November now, had to do stuff today so didn't get through as much as I intended, but in early November and yet to record a loss under myself (I let ass man take friendlies), which is obviously a positive, as they include FA Cup 4th Quals. vs Ebbsfleet whereby we salvaged a 1-1 draw away, then thumped them 3-0 at Bridge Avenue Left it tonight and as things stand, i'm top of the BSS by 2 points with a game in hand, and my last result was a 0-0 draw at home to Woking in the FA Cup 1st Round, so will have the replay to deal with when I wake up Oh yeah, and with regards to my earlier post which showed a takeover was going to happen, the deal collapsed, which is good in a way because I still have my job, however we are currently in the red by just over 20k, so going to have to find a cash injection from somewhere, so in a way a result away against the Cardinals is vital for a bit of prize money

Amateur

Billericay Town - Blue Square South - 2011/12

In my first season due to the very low reputation all I wanted was a mid table finish. I would love to get promoted but it seemed too much for my reputation and I didn't think I could get the players in to mount a challenge

League Table
    League Positions

This... was unexpected. I found out how much talent I could bring in from Scotland and this was probably the main reason I did this well. To win in my first season really was something and I have never got a promotion on this game before. The league positions and League Table might suggest that it was an easy surge towards the title but after about 36 games I was still only one point ahead of forest green and Salisbury. Salisbury in particular caused me some problems as they were right behind me for most of the season and were never more than 4 points behind me. However towards the end and a late unbeaten run and a loss of form mean't I clinched what I thought was an unlikely title and a request for the freedom of the city

FA Cup- The FA Cup was easy in the qualifying rounds as we met opposition even lower than our league and easily disposed of them. The first round was different though and after a 2-2 draw at our place Kettering were too much in the second leg

FA Trophy-This wasn't so easy as after a easy game against lower opposition once more Bromley (who made a late push for the playoffs) knocked us out to make our run in this competition shorter than we wanted.

Transfers-We sold a lot of dead wood who were all eating up our wages and brought in a lot of scottish talent, and a few others. Without these signings I think I would have been in a relegation fight for sure !

Squad-This squad if it keeps improving could probably avoid relegation from the BSP but I still need to make a few signings to make us of Mid Table quality to ensure we stay there.

Best Players Profiles:

James Keatings-This player was awesome! He blitzed through BSS defences. He even had a month injury and still managed to become our top goalscorer. If only his composure was higher then he would have scored even more !

Craig Mcshea-Another fantastic performance this year. He not only scored a lot of goals but had a nice amount of assists as well.

Graham McLelland-This Scottish regen may not look that good but his physical attributes often made up for it. He often got us out of trouble and I hope he can continue.

Paul Bignot -The most consistant player in my squad. He never got below a 6.8 in the entire season, but he hardly got above 7.2 either. He didn't seem to make many mistakes this year though so he looks likely to keep his place.

Sam Corcoran On loan from Colchester, he certainly knows how to create a chance. Time and time again I have seen him see a gap in defence and take advantage of it for an almost always easy goal. When he did score one of his few goals he had a couple of long range screamers! Unfortunately he's back at Colchester and if I can't get any better in the transfer market I may hope to call for his services again.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South          1st       Champions
    Next Season

I honestly think we can be a safe mid table team next year. You never know with a bit of luck on our side we may push for the playoffs

Amateur

@Alegeeter

Nice first season fella! Don't spose you're from around Billericay are ya? I'm a local lad for AFC Hornchurch as well

I got James Keatings in my team as well, but he's my super sub! Got Super Kyle Wilson and Sean Fitzharris up top, looks like you got a strong side, and I can't see any reason to dispute your prediction of mid table in BSP. Best of luck with it mate!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyDuck08 View Post
    @Alegeeter

Nice first season fella! Don't spose you're from around Billericay are ya? I'm a local lad for AFC Hornchurch as well

I got James Keatings in my team as well, but he's my super sub! Got Super Kyle Wilson and Sean Fitzharris up top, looks like you got a strong side, and I can't see any reason to dispute your prediction of mid table in BSP. Best of luck with it mate!
    No I'm from Ilkeston but as they are in BSN this is the first time I can't be them Billericay is big challenge though

Third Team

Not played this for a while, in the beginnings of my 1st season in the BSP, not doing too badly at the moment 6 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. Although I was screwed over by linesman in the draw, they scored in the 90th min with an offside goal to equalise and he lets it stand :mad:

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 28 - 2037/38

Story of the Season:
    Premier League - 1st, Champions
    My second unbeaten season in the Premier League, coming along with a record goals total for both the club and division. We were beyond dominant, every draw should have been a win, and we played well in every match.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round (lost v Real Madrid)
    First time we've been knocked out before the final since 2026, the whole campaign was a bit ropey, although we won our group we drew twice and played quite badly, and the 4-2 loss in the Bernebeu proved insurmountable. Perhaps Europe are catching up after all this time? Perhaps, but I think it was probably a little complacence and arrogance from me. Next season we'll take it more seriously.

FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Man Utd)
    Lacklustre performance away at Old Trafford and that was it.

League Cup - Winners
    Strolled to the title using a combination of backups and first teamers.

Club World Championship - Runners Up (lost v America (MEX))
    Rubbish, impotent performance in the final with a second string 11 precipitated a loss on penalties.

European Super Cup - Runners Up (lost v Tottenham)
    Can't remember this match too much but obviously it didn't go well!

Community Shield - Winners
    Easy win, pointless game.

Transfers -
    £11m Deficit
    After a slow start, world-class striker Enrique Lopez Santos was an incredible signing, scoring for fun from March onwards in particular. Hidalgo is wonder-kid centre-back, whose transfer we actually agreed at the start of the previous season. Great prospect but had problems with injuries, let's hope they're behind him now. Javier was a goalkeeper brought in on loan to cover when Paulinho was injured at the start of the season, didn't get a match as academy graduate John Hulse proved himself a great prospect, keeping 15 clean sheets in 21 appearances at the age of 15. Valentino Bianchi replaced Dudu as backup right back as we sold some squad players to regain some money after the large expenses on Lopez Santos and Hidalgo. Showed enough in his dozen games or so for the club that he's a reliable back-up, so will be joining for £3.3m in the summer.

Other News: Our goalscoring this season was amazing, absolutely destroying teams on many occasions. Leeds were beaten by an aggregate of 12-0 in the Premier League, for example. We scored 4 or more goals an incredible 18 times, peaking with a 7-0 destruction of Everton.

Next Season:
    Regain the Champions League and FA Cup.

5 Most Important Players:
    5. Paulinho - GK - Surpassing the 800 mark in appearances this season, still as solid as ever. John Hulse will need game time over the coming seasons, so he won't play every match as he used to, but I reckon 4 more seasons will crack the 1000 barrier. His stats are beginning to decline, but he's still more than good enough.
    Julien Wiesemes - AMR/L - True Merthyr legend, at the back end of his career now. Can't play every game any more, but is a shoe-in whenever he's fit.
    3. John Hollis - ST - Another good season from Hollis, the arrival of Lopez Santos meaning he has to take more of a creative role than he used to, but took to it well.
    2. Enrique Lopez Santos - ST - Once he'd settled in at the club he was amazing, worth every penny of the transfer fee. I wouldn't be surprise to see him crack 40 goals next season.
    1. Ramon Colunga - DC - Pillar of strength at the back, as well as an incredible threat at corners. 41 goals is a remarkable return, especially considering I am not using the corner exploit. Remarkable player.

History:
    Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
    2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
    2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
    2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
    2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
    2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
    2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
    2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
    2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
    2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
    2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
    2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
    2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
    2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
    2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
    2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
    2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners
    2036/37   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners
    2037/38   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:
    A list of those Merthyr Academy graduates who make 100 or more appearances for the club.
    Code:
    Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            414      36    7.02
    Paul Smith          WB/AML     2013-2018, 2021-2023    219      12    6.87
    Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76
    Marcus Phillips     AMC        2034-Present            118       9    6.89
    Daniel Jenkins      AMR/L      2035-Present            105       4    7.13

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15
    Season 6 - 2015/16
    Season 7 - 2016/17
    Season 8 - 2017/18
    Season 9 - 2018/19
    Season 10 - 2019/20
    Season 11 - 2020/21
    Season 12 - 2021/22
    Season 13 - 2022/23
    Season 14 - 2023/24
    Season 15 - 2024/25
    Season 16 - 2025/26
    Season 17 - 2026/27
    Season 18 - 2027/28
    Season 19 - 2028/29
    Season 20 - 2029/30
    Season 21 - 2030/31
    Season 22 - 2031/32
    Season 23 - 2032/33
    Season 24 - 2033/34
    Season 25 - 2034/35
    Season 26 - 2035/36
    Season 27 - 2036/37

Youth Team

SnakeXe's International Career - Unemployed - Season 28 - 2037/38

Story of the Season:
    Ditto last season, neither of the jobs I want came up, hopefully one will after the World Cup.

Next Season:
    England or Wales. Preferably Wales.

At a Glance:
    Nothing to see here

History:
    Code:
    Season     Nation                  Achievements                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2030/31   England                 None
    2031/32   England                 European Championship Winners
    2032/33   Italy                   None
    2033/34   Italy                   World Cup Winners
    2034/35   Italy                   None
    2035/36   Italy                   European Championship Runners Up
    2036/37   -                       None
    2037/38   -                       None

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 21 - 2030/31
    Season 22 - 2031/32
    Season 23 - 2032/33
    Season 24 - 2033/34
    Season 25 - 2034/35
    Season 26 - 2035/36

Season 27 - 2036/37

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2069/70

With a few great looking youngsters coming through the ranks over the last few years I had taken the decision to once again build this club up using just my youth products. The squad isn't big enough to do it just yet so this will be one of a number of transitional seasons as bought players are slowly shipped out and replaced by youth players.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

This was officially our greatest league season ever as we just ripped the leauge apart.

Community Shield - not the greatest start to the season but we got the win.

UEFA Super Cup - a narrow win where it should have been a lot more.

FIFA Club World Cup - a few of the kids helped to win this one.

Carling Cup - no idea how we managed to lose this one.

FA Cup - our form continued in this cup as we dominated it with a last thumping in the final.

UEFA Champions League - we messed up the group stage but manage to get our revenge on HSV in the final.

Squad - the first team is still class but it is being backed up by the kids.

The Youth Products - there's a few obvious stars here but the others have also done quite well.

Transfers - the clearout has started as the bought players on the fringe of my first team were sold. There will be more big sales this summer.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - another great season but the time has come for me to cash in.

Dave Sparrow - another great striker who will be kept around for a bit longer.

Geoff Tynan - I'm going to have to sell Axier to get him involved more.

Toni Crnjak - I won't be selling him, he'll retire at the club.

Dean Parker - easily worth the £30m I spent on him.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
    Next Season

Next season may well be the first step backwards as I start to look to offload some of my first team players to give chances to more youth players.

In other news, it doesn't look like I'll ever be getting that 100k capacity stadium.

Youth Team

Great season dafuge, looks like you're a little ahead of me in the youth development stakes, I don't have anyone of the quality of Tynan. My first choice central pairing from this season or next season will be all-Merthyr though, so it's a start.

You're already on your second new ground aren't you? It'll take a third to get the 100k in that case! Are you selling out every week?

World Cup Winner

You're already on your second new ground aren't you? It'll take a third to get the 100k in that case! Are you selling out every week?
    I'm on my third new ground

My averages for all competitions have been over 90k for a while now, although I can't see it being worth building a new ground. Not that I'll get far enough to find out

Youth Team

My averages for all competitions have been over 90k for a while now, although I can't see it being worth building a new ground. Not that I'll get far enough to find out
    Thinking of jacking it in?

World Cup Winner

Thinking of jacking it in?
    No chance. Actually, thinking about it, it might be close to the chance of a new stadium if I can get another 15 seasons done before FM2011.

Youth Team

No chance. Actually, thinking about it, it might be close to the chance of a new stadium if I can get another 15 seasons done before FM2011.
    Wouldn't bet against it with the rate you're racking them up! I'm guessing with the advent of dynamic league rep this'll be the last time you get as far with the one save - I'm certainly going to look forward to having a real go at Gundo's challenge on 2011.

Part-Timer

I think Gundo's challenge will be a lot bigger next year because of the dynamic league rep.

3 stadiums that is impressive.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Oxslow View Post
    I think Gundo's challenge will be a lot bigger next year because of the dynamic league rep.
    I'm thinking of doing it myself. It got so frustrating playing in NI last time, could be quite good with FM2011.

Part-Timer

I just hope it works well. Will the domestic cups be dynamic as well?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Oxslow View Post
    I just hope it works well. Will the domestic cups be dynamic as well?
    Who knows? It is certainly an interesting prospect, I also just hope it works well.

Amateur

Chippenham Town 2011/12 Season Review

Blue Square South final position: 1st

LEAGUE TABLE
    LEAGUE POSITION GRAPH

So, from last season's finish of 10th, I set my sights on the Playoffs with a prediction of 5th. I knew that my squad didn't need much strengthening after a great second half of the season in my first year. I didn't expect to perform so well though and the players seemed very bonded. All of the areas in my team were great and nobody put a foot wrong all season. Which is why we won the league, quite simple.

FA CUP - Another great year for us in the FA cup. Although I felt that the endless run of games when combined with the league was draining for me and the players. Taking Tranmere to a replay, and winning away was a great feeling even if I was bricking it in the shootout which it should never have got to!

FA TROPHY - A really poor display dumped us out at the first hurdle.

TRANSFERS - 3 loanees that were not used at all really, purely backup. The others were all used in the first team and all had great seasons. The latest signing is purely for the future and I have just signed him, he didn't play for us this season.

FINANCES - Like last season, most came from TV and Prize money. It's looking OK. No concerns.

BAKER'S PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Jabuti (CF). He carried on where he left off last season. Our top goal scorer and he was second on the assist charts all round fantastic season. I predicted he would be our best player this season after what he did when he came into the team in January last season. It was very close this season though, a number of players could have won this award.

BAKER'S YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Eddie Hague (CB). The 20 year old was our youngest first teamer. Last years winner Scott Shulton is our next youngest at 22 but was too old for the award this year. Eddie had a good season for a youngster. Took time to gel from last season but finally established himself as a first teamer and did very well. He was very good at starting counter attacks from defence and was dominate when defender set pieces. It will be interesting to see if he can continue this in the Blue Square Premier.

OTHER KEY PLAYERS

Richard Lecky (CF) - Last seasons player of the season had another excellent year. Narrowly missed out on my player of the year. Could always be counted on to score and was brilliant on the wing. He seems to be playing very well with Jabuti as the outside CF's in my 4-3-3.

Johnny Harkness (DL) - Came into the team at the second half of last season and was a first teamer from then on. He has had a great season and is my deadball specialist. He scored a few excellent free kicks and was a great corner taker. He has great cross from deep and set up a lot of goals from his position. He also carried out his defensive roles excellently.

Scott Shulton (CM) - Last season's young player of the year could well of got player of the year this season. Again he has proved very valuable to the club and scored a couple of beauties, especially at the start of the season. Always in the right place to assist the goals which put him top of the assist chart.

Ben Purkiss (DR) - The new signing was an instant success managing to gain a first team spot from Matt Jones. Like Harkness, he did great at full back stopping a lot of attacks with last ditch tackles. He was also good at bringing the ball forward for the strikers to pick up and his crosses were also largly a success. Didn't put a foot wrong and was another player who just missed out on player of the season.

Aims for 2012/13?

> LEAGUE - I think we can survive relegation from the BSP, we have the ability and the team is very well bonded so there aren't any excuses if we do go back down.

Baker's Pediction - 17th

> CUPS - We have to get performances in the FA Trophy and I will be disappointed not to make it to the 2nd round. I would love to equal our 2nd round FA Cup run again and I think this is possible again this year.

> TRANSFERS - Its hard to see what needs strengthing when you have won the league but possibly another great striker and a solid midfielder. Central defence might need a little boost also but I think I'm going to play it by ear and see who becomes available to me. I will free up wages again this year by getting rid of players I know wont cut it in BSP

Third Team

In my first BSP season it is a ridiculously tight league. 2 points seperate the top 7 teams, with me currently sitting 4th, 1 point off the top. Only 9 points between the play-offs and the relegation places. If it stays this tight all season it could get very interesting.

Amateur

In my first BSP season it is a ridiculously tight league. 2 points seperate the top 7 teams, with me currently sitting 4th, 1 point off the top. Only 9 points between the play-offs and the relegation places. If it stays this tight all season it could get very interesting.
    This is my thinking. Hopefully I'll get the rub of the green as that could be what it comes down to

Youth Team

Just found out my beloved Merthyr Tydfil are no more

Team has been dissolved and replaced by Merthyr Town, who are in Tier 9, so will be a while before I can use them again in this challenge at least!

World Cup Winner

Just found out my beloved Merthyr Tydfil are no more

Team has been dissolved and replaced by Merthyr Town, who are in Tier 9, so will be a while before I can use them again in this challenge at least!
    Wow, I hadn't heard that, that's pretty big news for this challenge

Youth Team

Wow, I hadn't heard that, that's pretty big news for this challenge
    A bit strange to think they didn't even make it to the point where I picked them up in-game! Apparently they've retained most of their squad at least, so they should bounce back fairly rapidly.

Just popped an email off to the contact they had for the club shop, to see if they have any replica kits left... and yes, I did mention FM if they have any I'll get it printed as well, thinking "Fraser 16" after the club captain for our first CL victory.

Youth Team

Success! They have the actual number 16 away jersey from last season - only shirt left, how lucky is that?

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2070/71

This was going to be our second season without signing any new players and once again, the squad was cut to allow the youth players to get more games.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Things have definitely changed as we lost more games this season than in our previous four combined. We spent most of the season chasing West Ham and Liverpool and finally managed to overtake them as made the most of our home games against them late in the season.

Community Shield - it was an easy enough start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - Ulisses tried to haunt us but his sending off helped us to claim a late win.

FIFA Club World Cup - it was a good win but those injuries were a sign of the trouble ahead.

Carling Cup - we had two good wins but with a tiny squad and a huge list of injuries we crashed out to Man Utd.

FA Cup - exactly the same story as the Carling Cup, but the beating by Man Utd was a bit more severe.

UEFA Champions League - we didn't mess about with this one as we used our best players throughout. We had a couple of great wins in the knockout rounds and topped it off with a great final.

Squad - this is it, we are a bit short on players thanks to my stupidity in the transfer market. We are still relying on the six remaining signed players (the six highest paid players), without them we would really struggle.

The Youth Products - Tynan is the only really obvious star but I think we've got a few others who could step up in the next few years.

Transfers - the star clearout left us a bit short this season so I brought back three youth products to the club to make up the numbers.

Key Player Profiles:

Dave Sparrow - one of the signings who is still carrying us.

Geoff Tynan - the one real star of my youth team who has really come on since the sale of Axier.

Iain Percival - I sold Ulisses to give him a chance, I'm hoping he will improve.

Alexander Prinz - another signing who is carrying the team.

Stuart Osborne - another future star from the youth team who scored an impressive number of goals this season.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2069/70    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, Champions League and FA Cup winners
    2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
    Next Season

This season was a massive success with the squad we had so I'm looking to offload a couple more of the signed players to move a step closer to the all-T&M squad. Sparrow and Ndlovu look the most likely to leave, Crnjak and MacDonald will probably retire at the club leaving me just Prinz and Parker to let go at some point.

Next season could well be the first time that we lose out on the title for a long time.

Youth Team

Good update there, dafuge. With regards to the academy products, do you just pick up any half capable ones in their position and work on them in training to get just enough out of them, or do you retrain decent prospects in other positions to cover where you're lacking?

I ask because I have never had even a Championship level full-back come through my academy and this is probably the biggest problem to me attempting an all-Merthyr squad. It's annoying because I've got 5 good/leading Premier ability and/or potential central midfielders now, plus one winger for each side, and a goalkeeper, then a couple of centrebacks and strikers who aren't too bad, but absolutely zero fullbacks.

World Cup Winner

Good update there, dafuge. With regards to the academy products, do you just pick up any half capable ones in their position and work on them in training to get just enough out of them, or do you retrain decent prospects in other positions to cover where you're lacking?

I ask because I have never had even a Championship level full-back come through my academy and this is probably the biggest problem to me attempting an all-Merthyr squad. It's annoying because I've got 5 good/leading Premier ability and/or potential central midfielders now, plus one winger for each side, and a goalkeeper, then a couple of centrebacks and strikers who aren't too bad, but absolutely zero fullbacks.
    I sometimes retrain players if they have a lot of potential but don't fit my system, for example old club legend Steve Shutt was a MC retrained to become a DM. I'm ok for full backs, I have a wonderkid right back but could do with at least a couple more.

Youth Team

I sometimes retrain players if they have a lot of potential but don't fit my system, for example old club legend Steve Shutt was a MC retrained to become a DM. I'm ok for full backs, I have a wonderkid right back but could do with at least a couple more.
    So you've never had an issue with literally no capable players in a single position? I'm hoping this is just a matter of time for me as we've only had the Youth Academy for 3 or 4 seasons now, having previously just been Excellent Facilities.

World Cup Winner

So you've never had an issue with literally no capable players in a single position? I'm hoping this is just a matter of time for me as we've only had the Youth Academy for 3 or 4 seasons now, having previously just been Excellent Facilities.
    No, not really. Lat time I went for the all-youth squad I was able to build a squad with at least two good players for each position, it just took a very long time.

Third Team

About 3/4 of the way through the season now, sitting in 3rd equal points with 1st and 2nd but have a game in hand. Also in the quarter finals of the FA Trophy.

Amateur

Code:
    Season     League               Position    Achievements
    2010/11    Blue Square South    10th       
    2011/12    Blue Square South    1st         Promoted as Champions
    Just mastered this, up to date to my game, and I will include it each season review now
    Last edited by BrightLad5; 16-08-2010 at 18:53.

Amateur

Default New Manager

I know I'm a little late to the party but I'm gonna give this a shot.
    I'm managing Nuneaton. Wish me luck!

Amateur

Is there anyway of getting Sheffield (the oldest club in the world)

There Reputation is 700 ?

Youth Team

Not on this challenge without editing (which is against the rules). Take a look at the Extended Small to Big Club English Challenge

Amateur

Not on this challenge without editing (which is against the rules). Take a look at the Extended Small to Big Club English Challenge
    Cheers,

Gonna do this challenge with Oxford City now

Amateur

Iv just made an attempt at upgrading my stadium and Im getting the message about planing permission and there not being enough room for an expansion. My stadium is only 4000 in capacity and I havent had it increased at all yet.

Does anybody think I will get a new stadium soonish because of this? Im in my 3rd season and in BSP so it seems unlikely. Also, is there a limit on the amount of new stadiums you get? Thanks

World Cup Winner

Iv just made an attempt at upgrading my stadium and Im getting the message about planing permission and there not being enough room for an expansion. My stadium is only 4000 in capacity and I havent had it increased at all yet.

Does anybody think I will get a new stadium soonish because of this? Im in my 3rd season and in BSP so it seems unlikely. Also, is there a limit on the amount of new stadiums you get? Thanks
    The chances are you won't get a new stadium until you reach the Premier League as 4000 is big enough until then. I don't think there is a limit, but I imagine they will get to a certain size that means it just isn't worth building a new one.

Amateur

The chances are you won't get a new stadium until you reach the Premier League as 4000 is big enough until then. I don't think there is a limit, but I imagine they will get to a certain size that means it just isn't worth building a new one.
    I see, so if you were to continue playing your game you think you would get a 4th to get you over 100K?

World Cup Winner

I see, so if you were to continue playing your game you think you would get a 4th to get you over 100K?
    Quite possibly, as the board have recently changed their response from 'we don't need to exapnd it' to 'it's not possible to expand it. Unfortunately because my current stadium was recently built, I might need to wait another 15 years before anything happens.

Third Team

After winning the BSN on goal difference last season, I had to suffer being on the recieving end of a goal difference title loss in the BSP this season, on the upside, however, I am in the play-off final.

Third Team

Won the play-off final 3-1! Football league here we come!

Update to come later on tonight.
    Last edited by aston_martin; 17-08-2010 at 20:22.

Amateur

Won the play-off final 3-1! Football league here we come!

Update to come later on tonight.
    Nice one aston! look forward to reading the season review

Third Team

Boston United 2012/13

Media Prediction: 23rd
    Final League Position: 3rd (Promoted via playoffs)
    FA Cup: 4th qualifying round
    FA Trophy: Semi Finals

Another excellent season for me, winning my second consecutive promotion, I did it the hard way this time though, after finishing 3rd in the league on goal difference, with the 2 teams above me on 79 points also. I could have gone up automatically had my players not bottled matches against lower placed teams late on in the season. We did make it up in the end though, by beating York 3-1 in the playoff final with Bobby Traynor grabbing a brace, which is good fortune really becaue he almost didn't play, my main striker, Higginson was out during the semi finals with an injury, but was back for the final, although only at around 80% condition. I considered starting Higginson as he's pretty much my best player, but the Traynor and Hamed partnership had worked in the semi final first leg (they both grabbed a goal a piece), so I thought I'd leave Higginson on the bench with a view to him coming on later if I needed a goal. Traynor repaid my faith in him to hand him a huge start, and I didn't even need to risk Higginson.

As for the cups, I got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 4th qualifying round by Rushden and Diamonds (they knocked me out last season, too), however, I extracted some revenge by dumping them out of the FA Trophy on my way to a semi final, where I lost to Kettering on penalties . I wonder if I can manage to go a season without drawing Rushden in a cup.

My transfers for the season. Not a lot of movement really, just some strengthining, and shipping out a few players who were surplus to requirements.

Here are my overall player stats for the season.

Player of The Season: Conor Higginson

Signed this guy on a free from Mansfield after his contract expired, despite an unlucky season injury wise, he still managed to bag 21 goals, 14 assists and 8 MotM's and was one of the main reasons I scored so many. Scored some cracking goals too, just hope I can hold onto him.

Other Key Players

Craig Westcarr: Was fantastic again, grabbing 13 goals and 8 assists from out wide, was my highest scoring non-striker.

Radwan Hamed: Signed last season as a back up to Wilde as my deep lying forward. This season however, Wilde was awful (15 games, 1 goal, 6.78 rating). Hamed stepped in as the foil to his pacy partner fantastically, and was actually the clubs leading scorer with 21 goals and 10 assists. Also bagged a vital goal in the playoff first leg. Always seemed to pop up in the right place to score after a save or a block.

Yoann Folly: Not as dominant this time round, but was still consistent, and adapted to the MCd role well despite his PPM "gets forward at every opportunity" which sadly he refuses to unlearn.

Luca-Coleman Carr: Had a few injuries this season but was still solid when present at the LB position.

Eunan O'Kane: new addition to the centre of midfield, added a bit of a creative touch to what was a largely physical based midfield the previous season.

Bobby Traynor: Filled in excellently for when Higginson was injured, netting 18 goals, plus, of course, the brace in the playoff final.

Aim for next seaon: Survival. I expect the step up to league football to be a lot harder than that of BSN to BSP. In order to do this, I'm going to have to make some shrewd off season signings and improve our defence, which was weak by BSP standards, ranking 16th in the league.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season         League                  Position            Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North       13th                    
    2011/12        Blue Square North       1st                 Promoted as champions
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier     3rd                 Promoted via playoffs
    Last edited by aston_martin; 18-08-2010 at 00:37.

Amateur

Took Oxford City over, pretty much relegated, 37 games into the season and i am second from bottom 9 points adrift

I been using my own tatics, which have worked well for my other teams, it simply that the group of players i have got are no where near the standard.

There confidence is also been destroyed.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by eddietheorc View Post
    Took Oxford City over, pretty much relegated, 37 games into the season and i am second from bottom 9 points adrift

I been using my own tatics, which have worked well for my other teams, it simply that the group of players i have got are no where near the standard.

There confidence is also been destroyed.
    I had to change from my 4-1-3-2 to a 4-3-3. How many new players have you bought in?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmau5 View Post
    I know I'm a little late to the party but I'm gonna give this a shot.
    I'm managing Nuneaton. Wish me luck!
    Welcome Deadmau! Good luck

Amateur

I had to change from my 4-1-3-2 to a 4-3-3. How many new players have you bought in?
    At the start of the season i bought in 15 new players.

Been offically relegated now, gonna pick one of the teams that comes up this year.

Third Team

I just play a straight 4-4-2 at the lower levels, for the most part I don't think the players require the skill to perform well enough in specialist roles that are needed in other, more complex formations.

Amateur

Oxford City 2010/2011 Season Overview

Well what a complete disappointment, after really decent start gaining to 9th in the table round the start of November, I thought that relegation would not be happening at the end of the season, but come 3 games before the end when the whistle blew at AFC Telford ground Our fate had been sealed. Where it went wrong, simply the team lacked quality and team spirit, bringing in 15 new players at the start of the season destroyed any hope of team spirit, but I thought the better quality of player coming in would offset that.... the thing is with the clubs reputation as Obscure there no quality to attract. What I will learn from this will be, to gain parent clubs and take there players on loan, while remaining a core squad that I have been given at the start of the season. To be honest it quite sad that I am leaving this club, you get attached.

PHP Code:
    Division   Position          Team                 Achievements 
    BSN        21st              Oxford City          Relegated 
    League Table:
    http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/tommy...1-36-252ht.png

Transfers:
    http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/tommy...1-36-252ht.png
    Last edited by eddietheorc; 18-08-2010 at 21:47.

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2071/72

With the non-T&M players now cut to just four, things were definitely going to get tough.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

It was a thrilling season as we gradually caught the league leaders throughout the season. Going into the last game of the season we were second on goals scored, then we lost. This means it is Ipswich who manage to end our run of 19 consecutive titles.

Community Shield - great start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - could have gone either way really.

FIFA Club World Cup - this was something new for us, it was the first match we had ever lost in this competition. The kids beat Cruzeiro in the 3rd place match.

Carling Cup - this was low on our priorities and it was almost a relief when Ipswich beat us.

FA Cup - it was an unlikely cup run that ended in dramatic fashion.

UEFA Champions League - we finished 2nd in the group stage which gave us a tough draw. I was making use of my Italian in the knockout rounds where Inter eventually beat us in the semi final.

Squad - there's still some talent here, but most of it was bought.

The Youth Products - we look good in central defence and up front, but there are a few positions lacking in quality elsewhere.

Transfers - just the last batch of stars to leave.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Tynan - he'll carry the side for years.

Dean Parker - one of the 'final four', we will miss him.

Alexander Prinz - he'll probably be the last to leave, just because we are short of full backs.

Jamie MacDonald - he's still got a couple of years in him but I'm hoping he'll retire.

Toni Crnjak - he's past it now. Hopefully he'll announce his retirement otherwise I might let him go.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2070/71    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC and Champions League winners
    2071/72    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA Cup finalists
    Next Season

The trophies have disappeared and all I have left is to take the final leap and go all-T&M. Ideally I'd like to do it for next season but it depends on the new intake and the older players possibly retiring.

Amateur

How do people sign decent enough players at the start of the game, i am finding that hardly anyone will come near the club that because of reputation is at obscure, yet people on here seem to sign a good team.

Could it be because it on 10.3 ???
    Last edited by eddietheorc; 19-08-2010 at 11:52.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 85 FirstFirst ... 32 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast