+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,100 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

First Team Squad Member
    To be an Arsenal fan you have to be a masochist

Merthyr Tydfil-League Two-2014/15

League Table Should have won but my defence was a bit weak. If we had won our last two games we would have won the title.

Transfers The first time that I have spent money on Mcdermott the ex-arsenal prospect, due to him being ex-arsenal I am aware of how good he can be. Otherwise generally good dealings.

Squad Good allround preformance except the centre of the defence was weak.

Fa Cup Perfect is the only word which can be used to describe this as we were able to sort the finances perfectly.

Key Players

Wilson The academy graduate was superb again he really is a star.

Wiafe Danquah Great signing as it suited the new formation of the wide midfield diamond. He was top scorer I believe and really made the difference.

Pope Pope was straight from the academy and he proved to be another star and this was an unexpected bonus.

Mcdermott The first Goalkeeper I have been happy with.

Ferguson Great left wing if a bit inconsistant

Code:
    Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
    2011/12       Blue Square Premier           5th              Lost in Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier           2nd              Promoted via Playoffs
    2013/14       League Two                    13th             N/A
    2014/15       League Two                    3rd              Promoted

What Next?

Mid table finish with a bit of luck

Amateur

Nuneaton Borough 2022-2023 - EPL 3rd season.

Hiya all, I decided to keep going with my save in the end. Year is 2022-2023. I was right in there in the race for the EPL title with 5 games to go, however I went and lost 3, drew 1 and won 1 and finished 5th after leading the table for spells. I'm not disappointed though, I was blatantly over-achieving with some results I definitely felt were lucky, away wins at Chelsea, Man Utd and Tottenham to name a few.

Still EUROCUP for a second season in a row, boosts the old club rep anyway atleast!!

Amateur

Hmm, bit of a problem - how do I get round the fact I've not got enough players "trained at the club" to register for the EUROCUP?

Third Team

A space in the 25 goes towards homegrown players.

Third Team

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/9...uroprofile.jpg taken the reigns are Truro and have inherited a couple of decent players including the yeti

Amateur

Sheffield FC were promoted last season, losing only 1 game and getting an astonishing 113 points! Also, after they got to the 4th round of the FA Cup too, they have been given a kit sponsorship deal at £24.9m per annum which ends in 2012! Meaning I have a transfer budget of £14m, and wage budget of around £110k p/w!

So far, I have brought in;

Matias Chiacchio - Free - Unattached
    Kevin Phillips - Free - Birmingham
    Mounir El Haimour - Free - Barnsley
    Arnaud Faget - Free - Biscarosse
    Jean-Marc Le Rouzic - £5k - US Montagnarde
    Marcus Hahneman - Free - Wolves
    David Dargelosse - Free - US Saint-Malo
    Richard Martin - £300k - Yeovil
    Danny Butterfield - Free - Crystal Palace
    Lilian Astier - Free - FC Mulhouse
    Joel Adegoroye - Free - Unattached
    Darren Dennehy - £275k - Cardiff

--

With those signings, and the ones the club had made beforehand, I should be able to get a safe mid-table position in the league ;D!

Nantwich Town – Premier League 2031/32 – Season 22

Well this took a rather long time to type up thanks to the Steam Sale, several new books and then the forums going down...

After completing a clean sweep last season more was expected this (adding the Super Cup and World Club Cup).

However I'd have to do it with a weaker side as I was forced to sell first teamers Muraccioli and Schmidt, whilst a load of squad players were sold on which brought in £100m (in four out of the last five years I've sold £100m worth of players), whilst £17 was spent bringing in promising youngsters including three Croatians from Dinamo.

The board again expected a Top Four finish, whilst the bookies and the media again made us Second favourites to Man City - who last won the league in 2023, the Champions League in 2028 and the FA Cup in 2018.

We kept our place as the number one seed in Europe and despite recieving next to no sponsorship money remained the Third Richest Club in the World.

Community Shield - We retained the Community Shield for qa record fifth year in a row with a comfortable win over Man City.

European Super Cup - We just about reclaimed this, despite controlling the entire game our finishing was poor.

Carling Cup - Went horribly wrong as we lost to Watford in extra-time in the Third Round, thanks to some woeful finishing.

World Club Cup - In December we jetted off to South Korea to attempt to reclaim the World Club Cup and we got off to a good start thrashing Seongnam 4-1 after dominating the entire game, in the Final we were equaly impressive claiming a 4-1 win over River Plate to claim the trophy for the second time, we even made a clean sweep of the Best Player Awards this season.

Premier League - We walked the league this season finally remaining unbeaten for the season and claimed the title after just 31 games - three of our draws were due to woeful finishing Sunderland and Watford games ended 0-0 whilst Barnsley claimed a 1-1 draw, our first draw was 1-1 to Man Utd after we gave away a first half penalty and spent the entire second half with 10 men, we finally equalisled in the 88th minute after Utd had been reduced to 10 men, we also drew 0-0 to Arsenal were we didn't turn up and my Keeper saved us, though the closest game was against Chelsea, we just didn't turn up and were 2-0 down until we got a soft pen in the 82nd minute, before being reduced to 10 men but we somehow claimed an equalisler in the 93rd minute to keep us unbeaten, rather annoying is the fact that we couldn't beat Chelseas Goal record of 93.

Champions League - We moved upto Third Favourites this season behind Real and Barcelona. In the Group Stage we draw Valencia, Galatasaray and Austria Wien and we just about managed to finish top of the group - we suffered a shock defeat to Valencia in our Second game and could only draw to Wien in our third game leaving us third in the group, however three wins in our final three games saw us leap frog Valencia.

In the Knockout Round we'd face Dutch side AZ again and despite controlling the game once again the finishing of my second string let me down and two moments of madness in the second half meant we somehow went home 2-0 down and were looking like suffering a costly early exit. In the Second Leg I fielded my first team and Ryan Reeves destroyed AZ grabbing all four goals as we comfortable booked our place in the Quarter Finals and rather surprisingly we'd be facing AC Milan as even though they lost the First Leg 4-0 to Valencia they won the second one 6-0!

In the Quarter Final First Leg with the Premier League already secured I was able to field my first team and two first half goals from Reeves were enough for the win, though letting Milan grab an away goal through my former player Pejic meant they were still in the tie. In the Second Leg despite conceeding a first half goal two second half goals were enough for another 2-1 win that sent us through to the Semi-Finals.

In the Semi-Finals we would face FC Bayern for the first time and an inspired first half performance saw us claim a comfortable 5-0 win, in the Second Leg we didn't turn up but Bayern could only claim a 2-1 win.

In the Final at Celtic Park we would meet Barcelona for the 11th time and we both came out attacking, Herbert gave us the lead after just 4 mins with a long range effort, Barcelona quickly equalised before Zelaia scored a free kick and with space opening up Reeves added two more goals before Barcelona pulled one back in injury time, in the second half we held Barcelona to retain the Champions League.

FA Cup - We had an easy run to the final where we would meet Man City and despite not playing that well goals from Leite and Reeves were enough to claim a 2-1 win and ensured we set a new record of 12 straight wins.

Squad - With us struggling to break sides down this season I tweaked my tactics switching my Wingers from Attacking duties to Support, this meant they dropped deeper and opened up more passing options for my midfield which also reduced the amount of long shots we took.

Taha Kodalak continued in goal and yet again he kept more clean sheets than goals conceeded - keeping a clean sheet in half of his games, he was also finally renamed European Keeper of the Year, with a random Belgian based American Keeper finishing Second. Covering him was my Academy Keeper Joe Howard who had a solid season and he might just be good enough to take over once Kodalak retires.

In defence Pedro Leite continued at right back however it appears age is catching up to him as he only managed to play half my league games and managed less games than his understudy English Wonderkid Russell Clarkson who had a solid season domestically and will hopefully be his long term successor and he was even named English Young player of the Year. On the left Spanaird Ricardo Jimenez Garcia did well however he was moaning about wanting a new challenge so he'll be sold off next season as I have several promising English Left Backs waiting in the wings, the best of those is another Wonderkid Robbie Sloane who put in some good performances when called upon this season.

In the centre of defence Terje Amundsen and Ian Thomas continue their fine partnership, covering them was Englishman Rob Bond and Mexican Tomas Velazquez.

On the Right Wing Brazilian born Englishman Eduardo reclaimed his first team spot with some fantastic performances, this left Italian Alessandro Tufano to provide cover as despite rating well he was wasteful in front of goal. On the left Captain Dario put in some good performances, whilst his understudy Glaucio wasn't best pleased and will join Inter at the end of the season, and this gave English Youngster John Burt a chance to impress.

In the centre of midfield Kyle Herbert stepped up this season and with a first team spot he finally showed why he's the fourth best player in the World, partnering him was my Vice-Captain Ricardo Sousa who was also in fine form. Providing cover was Brett Stubbs who did well when called upon will hopefully be my long term replacement for Sousa, fellow Englishman Jordan Charles was also in good form.

Upfront Ryan Reeves was again in fantastic form scoring 39 goals (that was a new Nantwich record) in 44 games he also managed to claim 22 assists aswell, whilst his average rating of 8.09 and 19 Man of the Match awards were also new Nantwich records, partnering him again when fit was Spanish Striker Inaki Zelaia who was also on fire scoring 21 goals from 33 games, these two really are deadly together it's just a shame Zelaia is injury prone. Providing cover was experienced Spanish Striker Antonio Costa who had a solid season when called upon, partnering him was Danny Giles who did well domestically but won't be around much longer as he wants £70K a week to sit on the bench so I'll need one of my other promising strikers to step up next season which will hopefully be either Mark Street or Mexican Salvador Sanchez who both showed flashes of their potential this season.

Awards - English Footballer of the Year went to Ryan Reeves for the second year in a row, as did European Striker of the Year though he had to settle for 2nd place in European Footballer of the Year, World Footballer and World Player, he was also the Top Scorer in the Premiership for the second year in a row, he also narrowly missed out on the Golden Boot after scoring 10 goals in just 6 games (all knockout games) whilst Kyle Herbert was named English Player of the Year with Zelaia second.

World Team - Reeves and Eduardo were selected, whilst Herbert made the bench.

Prem Select - Saw 7 of my players make the team.

Best XI - Correct bar Clarkson getting the nod ahead of Leite, whilst the Overall XI saw ex-players Muraccioli and Dimitrov randomly re-enter.

Overview - Losing in the Carling Cup was our only belimish this season.

Hall of Fame - I finally became the best English Manager.

England Star Players - I noticed this season I now have the three English Star Players; Reeves, Herbert and Stubbs.

So I have a few plans for the future (well until FM11 is out);

- Get 100% Scouting Knowledge: 80%
    - Learn as many languages as possible: English, Hungarian
    - All Homegrown: 21/25
    - All Academy/Feeder Club players: 2/25
    - All Academy: 2/25
    - All English: 14/25
    - World Star from each area: 2/7: Reeves and Herbert (Europe, World),

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         1st             Promoted - Champions
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd             Promoted - Play-offs
    2012/13        League Two                8th
    2013/14        League Two                11th
    2014/15        League Two                15th
    2015/16        League Two                3rd             Promoted
    2016/17        League One                1st             Promoted - Champions
    2017/18        Championship              15th
    2018/19        Championship              3rd             Promoted - Play-offs
    2019/20        Premier League            20th            Relegated
    2020/21        Championship              9th
    2021/22        Championship              1st             Promoted - Champions
    2022/23        Premier League            9th             
    2023/24        Premier League            8th             League Cup Winners
    2024/25        Premier League            2nd             League Cup & FA Cup Winners
    2025/26        Premier League            1st             Champions League Runners-up
    2026/27        Premier League            1st             FA Cup Runners-up
    2027/28        Premier League            3rd             FA Cup Winners
    2028/29        Premier League            1st             Champions & Champions League Winners
    *** CHALLENGE COMPLETE ***
    2029/30        Premier League            1st             World Club Cup & League Cup Winners, Champions League Runners-up
    2030/31        Premier League            1st             LC, FACup & UCL Winners.
    2031/32        Premier League            1st             FA Cup, World Club Cup & UCL Winners.

International - England U21 2031/32

After resigning from Hungary the only job I could get was the England U21 job, I didn't know at the time that as U21 coach you get no staff and so ended up using the job to look at my Nantwich youngsters, there was also some pressure with the job as the only two times the U21's have lost in the last 10 years is in the Final of the U21 Championship.

That said we comfortably walked the group claiming a playoff spot with a game to go, though I won't be managing the playoffs as at the end of the season Portugal offered me a job after their manager resigned after winning the European Championships.

Code:
    Team        Season          Competition       League Finish     Achievements
    Hungary    2029/30        World Cup Qual         3rd 
    Hungary    2030/31        Euro Champ Q            -            Resigned
    Eng U21    2031/32        Euro U21 Q             1st           Resigned
    Portugal   2032/33

First Team Squad Member

Great work michaeltmurrayuk. Enjoyed reading your updates.

Amateur

I'll do my best to give Ashford a taste of the trophies they deserve.
    Manger Profile

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

[b]CANVEY ISLAND SEASON 2 - 2011/12[b]

A tight season all along with the title being decided on the last day with us having to Equal or better Rushden's result.

League - BSP

League Table
    Position Graph

Cup Competitions

The FA cup was an improvement on last season with us going to the 2nd round before Port Vale put us out.

The FA trophy also saw us better last year going out in a 3rd round replay to York

Transfers

Transfers made 2011/12

Key Players

Cillian Sheridan. Picked up on a free after eltic released him. I was very impressed with him and he would have run Jabuti close for top scorer if with us at beggining of season.

James Russell. This young 'keeper has been great between the sticks this year.

Jabuti. Once again a great season from the spaniard. He would and could have scored more if he hadn't had several injuries throughout the season.

David Davies. Davies has been great in the centre of the park along with Kalala.

Jean-Paul Kalala. The ex Oldham man spent time on the physio's table but when on the field was a great player with Davies..

The Supporters club want to rename themselves after me.

I also recieved Manager of the year.

History

Code:
    Season      League                Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11    Blue Square South     Champions, Promoted
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier   Champions, Promoted

CANVEY ISLAND 100 CLUB

Code:
    Player          Position        Seasons       League Appearances         Goals
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James Russell     GK          2009 - present      121
    Jack Macleod      MR          2009 - Present      106

Part-Timer

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier

We were predicted to finish bottom of course, but continuing the trend, walked away with the division.

We had an easy run to the 4th round of the FA Cup, mainly playing League 2 sides at home, and ended up going out in the 4th round to Newcastle.

Also we won the FA trophy to add some silverware to the season against Havant & Waterlooville.

Our star players

Jabuti
    Ryan Conroy
    Alistair Taylor
    Richard Brittain
    Craig McShea
    Robbie Crawford
    Guillem Bauza
    Michael Timlin
    Stephen McPhee

Man City won the League again and the Carling Cup, Chelsea the FA Cup, Real Madrid the European Cup, Bayern Leverkeusen the Europa League.
    For the next season, a whole new defence is required, and I hope to consolidate rather than pushing for another promotion.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Champions, Promoted
    2011/12       BSP                 1st                       Champions, Promoted, FAT Winners

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2064/65

We had a dominant season last year with just the slip up in the Champions League, this time we needed to win it.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Very similar to last season as we lost one early game (to Newcastle) then pciked up and dominated.

Community Shield - two added time goals and a shocking shootout sealed it for us.

Carling Cup - an easy run and an easy final.

FA Cup - another easy run with an easy final.

UEFA Champions League - we managed to get revenge on Juventus in the semi final but blew the final thanks to a stupid penalty.

Squad - I'm still in the hunt for a decent cetre back but this squad is awesome.

Transfers - the sale of Costacurta was the big story as I wanted to focus on just the three strikers.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - 42 goals is phenominal for any player in my team.

Erwin Michaux - playing as the second striker, he also got his fair share of the goals.

Toni Crnjak - great once again.

Juan José Castano - a pretty stunning season from the winger.

Ashley Batchelor - he didn't really feature but he's worth a mention as my only English player. He's also one of the best youth products I've had that has got close enough to the first team.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season     League                   Position  Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11    Blue Square South        5th       Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       6th       Lost in playoff final
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2       1st       Promoted as champions
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18    Coca-Cola Championship   6th       Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship   4th       Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20    Barclays Premier League  16th 
    2020/21    Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup finalists
    2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24    Barclays Premier League  3rd      
    2024/25    Barclays Premier League  5th       Champions League finalists
    2025/26    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27    Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32    Barclays Premier League  3rd       Club World Cup winners
    2032/33    Barclays Premier League  2nd       FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43    Barclays Premier League  5th       Club World Cup winners
    2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
    2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
    2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2048/49    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
    2049/50    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Club World Cup winners
    2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
    2051/52    Barclays Premier League  4th       
    2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
    2053/54    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
    2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2056/57    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners
    2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
    2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
    2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
    2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2062/63    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC and FA Cup winners
    2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
    2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    Next Season

Still no news on a takeover but the chairman status has continued to drop so it is only a matter of time. Once again the aim will be to win the Champions League.

Amateur

I have decided I will return to this challenge on the 10.3 patch.

So which players are worth going for using 10.3?

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Jabuti. He's all you need lol.

Amateur

Hednesford Season 6 (15/16)

Table

Graph

Main news is I lost Rojo, chairman over ruled me. Other than that was just focused on staying midtable and building the team/facilities.

Cups:

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Squad

Transfers

Finances

Players:

McGeouch: Another solid season when he was not injuring himself in training.

Nielsen: Fine season as the other half of the partnership.

Saez: Really good season, hope no one steals him like Rojo.

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North        1st        Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st        Promoted 
    2012/13   League 2                 2nd        Promoted
    2013/14   League 1                 6th        Promoted Through the Playoff
    2014/15   CCC                      19th
    2015/16   CCC                       14th
    Next season: New Back 4.

Amateur

What leagues should I choose etc when starting the game?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by TugSafc View Post
    What leagues should I choose etc when starting the game?
    From the OP:
    Load a game with the English leagues only, with the Blue Square N/S selected, a large database (or smaller if preferred), the attribute masking, real players and transfer boxes ticked and the add key staff box unticked. It should look like this.

Amateur

Oh yeah I forgot about that, I should have known seeing as I've done about 6 seasons on the challenge before

Amateur

Smile Ashford (Middx)

Sesion Review Ashford(Middlesex) 2010/11

Do a very short one since I'm tired, and got work in the morning.
    1st season Signed 10 different free transfer players, including the famous Jabuti, who racked up a total of 40 League Goals in 39 games(44goals in 46 games)

Blue Square South, finished 8th
    Neither of the cups we participated in brought us any joy, since we got knocked out in the qualifiers for the FA cup, and Second round for the FA trophy.
    Highest Attendance 438 v Maidenhad in Fa Cup Qualifier 2nd rnd
    Lowest Attendance 169 vs Great Wakering Fa Trophy 3rd qualifier round.
    Av attendance 291
    Transfer Kitty 0
    Wage Budget 4,200£
    Wage total 4,269£

Code:
                                   Pos  W  D  L  For  Ag  G.D.  Pts
    2010/11 Blue Square South      8th  19 10 13 85   71  +22    69
    Goals for next season: Simply improve my point tally from last season to 75-80ish and by that achieving a Playoff spot.
    Last edited by Cenotaph; 19-07-2010 at 01:08.

Amateur

Sesion Review Ashford(Middlesex) 2011/12

2nd season
    Started out with some drama it did. During the summer of 2011, the club informed me that a takeover was in progress. And after a few weeks with a transfer embargo. The Ashford board informed me that the takeover was now complete, and Belarus Based Vojin Djordjevic was my new chairman. Then the rumours started whispering that Vojin wanted to replace me as a manager. My contract expiring after this season. I must admit it did get under my skin. A request for a new contract was made, And they made me wait until 1st of May 2012 before offering me one. I now make a whooping 400£ a week until June 2014.
    Transfers
    A total of of 18 transfers in. 2 of them loans.
    Most notable signing. 22 year old Stephen Stirling My assman believes he'd be a good signing for a Championship Side! Though neither of my coaches believe he will improve much. 7.64 av rating
    Jabuti had another good season, last season he was inhuman, had some small injuries, and struggled with morale. But still 29 goals in 37 games, and av rating of 7.49 is not too shabby. Let us hope for another 1 goal a game ratio for 2012/13!
    Another success Signing Andrew Mitchell Rounds up the top 3 with an average of 7.39 in 38 games. Report says he'll be a good signing for most League 2 sides.

Blue Square South, finished 3rd Made it to the Playoff Final, a game against Sutton Utd. Total domination was a fact. We basicly set up camp outside their penalty box for the first 90 minutes. Yet we could not put in the net. So extra time was upon us. in the 104th minute, they(sutton) had their first shot on goal. And my new goalie for the season Ranger's released Grant Adam fumbled it in... Another year in BSS for us. (we'll win it this time!)
    FA Cup4th Qual. round, lost out 2-3 to Dover Away
    FA Trophy3rd Qual round, lost out 0-1 to Worcester.
    Highest Attendance 1990 v Chelsford in BSS playoff semi final
    Lowest Attendance 249 vs Bromley BSS game
    Av attendance 444
    Finances
    Transfer Kitty 40£ (!)
    Wage Budget 6,250£
    Wage total 6,725£
    Board Expectations
    Win the Blue Square South(they wanted me to gain a respectable position)
    I went for the top spot, because I managed to totally screw up my wage budget last season. Signing several Released players from high rep clubs. I ended up with a 6.2k wage total on a 4k budget. Loosing money fast. Thankfully my new Belarus Chairman is not afraid to invest money in the club. A total income of 592k£ last season. 322k of those came from Investments to help with the running costs. And I needed a big wage budget to be able to offer Stephen Stirling a new contract.(hopefully he'll accept one, as his contract expires after this season) I need to offload some of my high earner signings who didn't impress me last season.
    HAHA Success! He signed
    Code:
                                   Pos  W  D  L  For  Ag  G.D.  Pts
    2010/11 Blue Square South      8th  19 10 13 85   71  +22    69
    2011/12 Blue Square South      3rd  26  3 13 82   57  +25    84 Lost Playoff Final
    Last edited by Cenotaph; 20-07-2010 at 23:10.

Third Team

This Jabuti already has a club on my game

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by butts View Post
    This Jabuti already has a club on my game
    That's a shame :/

Part-Timer

I've just been offered the Leeds job for 3x my salary and a wage budget of about 12x!

But I have unfinished business of course.

Amateur

Well after a quite lengthy break away from my Canvey Island adventure (exams, exams and more exams, oh and a well-deserved holiday) I'm back, eventually . I'm at the crunch end of the season now, with 8 league games left and a Europa League Semi (and possible final) left to play, all somehow to be done within 30 days . Yeah I'm not liking the odds of doing having a refreshed squad by the end of it either .

First Team Squad Member

Had to sell my star of the defence for 1.6mill to villa but this did facillitate the signing of another defender who imo is better

First Team Squad Member

Merthyr Tydfil-League One-2015/16

League Table- What a surprise, I honestly entered this season with the belief that I would be struggling to get a mid-table posistion as I wasn't quite content with who i signed. However it was a great achievement and one I am very proud of.

Transfers- I wasn't intially happy with these as I worried I was lacking quality as the board were poor were not giving more freedom regarding scouting or budget so this meant I had to do a lot of trialling which is were Jank came from. but after the season got underway it was clear these were excellant additions. The best signing was Bostock closely followed by Baker.

Squad They clicked and were brilliant in attack and the defence proved to be strong enough aswell.

Fa Cup Another good tie however the everton result was my fault as I wasn't paying attention so we kept attacking

Key Players

Wilson He was superb, again, he made the difference in lots of games as he returned to his first season exploits.

Pope The academy graduate was impressive again.

Ferguson He really is a top player at this level

Bostock He was the difference between us and the rest as he scored lots of key goals and drove our promotion charge. I can't believe he wasnt played more by Colchester

Bentham I had tried to sign this guy a couple of seasons a go but he was too good for us. However once I saw he was on a free I offered him the large wages required and he really helped the defence.

Code:

Season              League               Final Pos.          Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square South             1st              Automatic Promotion                                   
    2011/12       Blue Square Premier           5th              Lost in Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier           2nd              Promoted via Playoffs
    2013/14       League Two                    13th             N/A
    2014/15       League Two                    3rd              Promoted
    2015/16       League One                    1st              Champions

What Next?

To survive

Third Team

I have just started this is my profile http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...a_d/Dafuge.jpg

Amateur

I would like to give this challenge a try but unfortunately the download links do not appear to be working. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anywhere else I can download these files?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    I would like to give this challenge a try but unfortunately the download links do not appear to be working. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anywhere else I can download these files?
    The first one seems to be dead but the second one is still working for me.

Amateur

When I try and click on it just goes to a blank page. I've tried clearing my cookies, not entirely sure what to do.

(That's the second link, I mean, the mediafire one. the filefront one the page loads but the file itself is dead)

World Cup Winner

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2065/66

We had a dominant season last year with just the slip up in the Champions League, this time we needed to win it. Déjà vu anyone?

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Same old story, poor start then a routine win.

Community Shield - close win but easy enough.

Carling Cup - we had a scare in the semi but it was the easiest of finals.

FA Cup - not a great run but an easy final.

UEFA Champions League - we got revenge over Porto in the semi final but then failed to show up for the final.

Squad - I'm trying to integrate a few English youngsters after realising I had an all foreign squad.

Transfers - the squad was trimmed once again, with one of my strikers going for a big fee including a goals clause.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - once again he had a superb season.

Erwin Michaux - 30 goals from my second striker was amazing.

Toni Crnjak - he may be approaching 30 but he's still class.

Lucas Lencina - not bad from one of our weakest positions.

Hasan Aydin - he won't be around for much longer but he's great when he's needed.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier      2nd       Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 1       4th       Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2022/23    Barclays Premier League  7th       Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2027/28    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42    Barclays Premier League  3rd       FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2043/44    Barclays Premier League  2nd       Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    2044/45    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
    2045/46    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
    2046/47    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2047/48    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2050/51    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
    2052/53    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League winners, FA Cup finalists
    2054/55    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League and Champions League winners
    2055/56    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2057/58    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2058/59    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and CL winners, FA Cup finalists
    2059/60    Barclays Premier League  1st       Premier League, CWC, and CL winners
    2060/61    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC, and FA Cup winners, Carling Cup and CL finalists
    2061/62    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2063/64    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CWC Carling Cup and FA Cup winners
    2064/65    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    Next Season

It was a bizarre replica of last season with nothing much else happening. The takeover talk still hasn't started, so hopefully things will get a bit more interesting next season.

Amateur

Thank you very much dafuge, got it working now. Details to follow.

Youth Team
    CatQT - 1 year on and you're still not ready.

I have just started this challenge as Merthyr Tydfil, as they are a welsh club.

My Profile

Amateur

What kind of tactics do you reccommend I am Sutton Utd in Blue Square South.

Amateur

My manager profile

Amateur

Canvey Island 2022/23 Report - EPL
    half way there

After 4 season of slow, if not steady, improvement it was time to make that big step into the top 4 and bag myself CL football. The media had us around the European places once again, whilst odds of 33-1 showed we had an outside chance of a title shot.

League - Positions -

In a complete turnaround from last season, we started with 4 straight wins (including a 6-4 win vs Spurs and a 2-1 away win at Chelsea) gave us the perfect start. A 2-2 draw at Newcastle and a 2-1 defeat at Man Utd were the only belmishes into December where staggering we didn't have the lead. One reason was because of being at times 4 games behind, due to European commitments, and the fact that Arsenal up to them had only dropped 2 points . A 2-2 draw at home was the first game at home in the league that I didn't come out victorious, but this was forgotten as we defeated the Gunners 2-1 to take top spot. This was in the middle of 8 straight wins which stretched the lead at the top which was only overturn with being so far behind in our games (more on that later).

As we kept on plugging away winning the games when they weren't postponed, we eventually managed to secure the title with ease as Arsenal faded dramatically in the second half of the season, and everyone taking points of each other in the battle for the other CL places. We faded badly after winning the league, with a pile-up of manic proportions and other prizes to play for taking priority once the league had been won.

Anyone take that 33/1 bet then??

Cups

FA Cup
    3rd rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Manchester City
    3rd rd rep - Manchester City 1-4 Canvey Island (aet)
    4th rd - Canvey Island 3-0 Bolton Wanderers
    5th rd - Canvey Island 0-0 Chelsea
    5th rd rep - Chelsea 3-1 Canvey Island

Got a horror draw twice, and by beating City eventually, I'm not too bothered about the exit, though the 2 replays were unneccessary.

Carling Cup
    3rd rd - Canvey Island 3-0 West Bromwich Albion
    4th rd - Canvey Island 4-0 Birmingham City
    Quarter Final - Canvey Island 3-1 Manchester City
    Semi Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 1-3 Arsenal
    Semi Final leg 2 - Arsenal 2-1 Canvey Island (agg 5-2)

Great win in the quarters, awful performance in both semi final legs.

Euro Cup
    4th quali rd leg 1 - Canvey Island 7-0 Legia Warszawa (POL)
    4th quali rd leg 2 - Legia Warszawa (POL) 0-5 Canvey Island (agg 0-12)

Easy as you like here, as you would expect from a team that's been to the last 16 in the past 3 years.

Matchday 1 - Canvey Island 1-1 FC Kobenhavn (DEN)
    Matchday 2 - Bohemian FC (ROI) 0-4 Canvey Island
    Matchday 3 - FC Obolon Kiev (UKR) 0-6 Canvey Island
    Mathcday 4 - Canvey Island 6-0 FC Obolon Kiev (UKR)
    Matchday 5 - FC Kobenhavn (DEN) 1-2 Canvey Island
    Matchday 6 - Canvey Island 5-1 Bohemian FC (ROI)

Group J Final Table

A dream group. Shame about the first draw mind.

1st ko rd leg 1 - Galatasary SK (TUR) 0-2 Canvey Island
    1st ko rd leg 2 - Canvey Island 3-0 Galatasary SK (TUR) (agg 5-0)
    2nd ko rd leg 1 - Canvey Island 2-0 Aston Villa (ENG)
    2nd ko rd leg 2 - Aston Villa (ENG) 0-2 Canvey Island (agg 0-4)

So through the stage we hadn't gotten past 3 times previous without conceding a goal. All things looked promising going into the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Final leg 1 - AC Milan (ITA) 1-1 Canvey Island
    Quarter Final leg 2 - Canvey Island 0-0 AC Milan (ITA) (agg 1-1, progressed on away goals)

We could've won it at home, but the team decided they wanted to give me a heart-attack letting Pato loose in the second half. But we progressed into a first european semi final.

Semi Final leg 1 - Werder Bremen (GER) 0-3 Canvey Island
    Semi Final leg 2 - Canvey Island 1-0 Werder Bremen (GER) (agg 4-0)

We won the whole tie within the first half in Germany, and we could have scored more in the home leg had we played a full strength side also. Luckily, in the other semi final Celtic knocked out Benfica so the final would be against our preferred opponents.

FINAL - Celtic (SCO) 1-3 Canvey Island

Brilliant peformance. Essien became our oldest ever scorer at over 40 years old, and Horvath scored probably one of the goals of the season with a 25 yrd stunner.

Squad (1)(2)
    Rotation was the key. Playing 68 games throughout the season and Downing started the most with only 42. Had a good mix of golden oldies and youngsters (many of whom have came through the academy here). Rotation was crucial, no doubt to the connection of our massive fixture pile up in the last few months of the season. Was ridiculous at times.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)
    2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC
    2011/12 - Chris Todd DC
    2012/13 - Scott Smith DL
    2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR
    2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC
    2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST
    2016/17 - Borja ST
    2017/18 - László Horváth MC
    2018/19 - Leonid Gerasimov GK
    2019/20 - Oscar Ustari GK
    2020/21 - Khouma Babacar ST
    2021/22 - Steve Peacock DC
    2022/23 - Ed Downing DC (1)(2)

There's a reason why he started the most games this season. A great find a couple of years ago, now trying to keep him from joining the likes of European Champions Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Transfers - Just the few additions, including the re-introduction of Canovas after selling himn to Kiev 4 and a half years ago. Though he didn't fit in with the squad, so duly left in January along with summer addition Bond, who was on course to being my player of the year beforehand, and Diallo, who beforehand had been out on loan and came back a man possessed.

Finances - Another season with £88m profit, though only because of transfer income. Wage costs still rising, which may be a concern when the income finally stops coming in.

Confidence
    - I am 'Untouchable' surely now? I am a club legend now so I think the confidence level won't go down much in a while.

History
    2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals
    2011/12 - BSS: 1st
    2012/13 - BSP: 1st
    2013/14 - CCL2: 1st
    2014/15 - CCL1: 7th
    2015/16 - CCL1: 1st
    2016/17 - CCC: 8th
    2017/18 - CCC: 1st
    2018/19 - EPL: 7th
    2019/20 - EPL: 6th, LC winners
    2020/21 - EPL: 6th, FA winners
    2021/22 - EPL: 5th

2022/23 - EPL: 1st, EC Winners

The Trophy Cabinet
    Blue Square South - 2011/12
    Blue Square Premier - 2012/13
    Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14
    Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16
    Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18
    League Cup - 2019/20
    FA Cup - 2020/21
    Community Shield - 2021/22
    English Premier League - 2022/23
    Euro Cup - 2022/23

Aims for next season: To have another bash at the title, just to prove that this season wasn't a fluke. But the main aim is the CL now. Getting out of the groups is a must. Also, I've got a job trying to convinve Pepe, Tuia, Reo-Coker and Essien not to retire to stay since I would like them to tutor the youngsters so more before they go

Third Team

Just come up to Christmas day 1st season with Cambridge city, will post screen shots and a summary of the season so far later on today

Third Team

Christmas Day Udpate:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x..._d/Dafuge4.jpg - League Table
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x..._d/Dafuge3.jpg - Transfers
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x..._d/Dafuge2.jpg - Future Transfers Out
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...d/Dafuge-1.jpg - Squad

Stand out players so far has been Dylan McGeouch and Daniel Powell, both scoring crucial goals throughout the season. Especially to get me through a second round replay against Kettering in the FA Cup. Unfortunately my FA Cup run was stopped in the third round, when Chelsea came to Cambridge and beat us 4-0

Amateur

Going to start this again tonight.

First Team Squad Member

So, can I just ask, do any of the download links in the OP work for 10.3? Have seen people trying this and would like to give it a go.

Edit: Realised that was a stupid question

Will holiday it now.
    Last edited by Suggy33; 25-07-2010 at 20:08.

Youth Team

I'm in 2015 and just won promotion to the league! With Boston United.

An experienced Kevin Nolan played a key role, as did my young Irish regen.

First Team Squad Member

I present you Patrick Quinlan, manager of Truro. I'm not really 47, but that's for game effect.

I should add, I've never had a save with Hidden Attributes, so this is entirely new for me.

Amateur

Boston United 2012-13 - Blue Square Premier

Media prediction: 10th
    Actual finish: 1st, promoted

League Table
    Transfers

Going into the season, the board would have been satisfied with a mid-table finish. I knew better, though, and told them I would win the league to get a higher wage budget. Selling a backup player to Doncaster for 85k didn't hurt the finances either . It was even easier than I thought - the title was mathematically secure after 42 games, despite York's heroic efforts. 100 points would have been enough to win the league any other year...

This is one of the main reasons for our success - 4 of the top 5 assisters in the league were on my team. Even more impressively, 3 of those players had injury problems throughout the whole season, missing around 15 matches each. Here are the 4 undoubted stars of our promotion campaign:

Stephen Elliott

Chris Dickson

Tom Kilbey

Burton O'Brien (should be noted he played mostly as a left-sided midfielder)

And this was the undoubted match of the season.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
    2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions

Amateur

After seemingly hundreds of reloads I finally got Harrow to pop up (I'd have settled for them or Cray. Here's a link to my profile.

This is my first time playing with the fog of war on, and my first time playing non-league football since CM 01-02, so I expect to be crap. That said, I'll give it my best shot!

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2010/11

League: Blue Square South
    Media prediction: 21st
    Expectations: Avoid relegation

Here are my transfers.

I played a pretty simple 4-4-2. I am not generally one for fancy tactics. My most important players were Jabuti, former Luton winger Taylor Nathaniel, former Celtic striker Sean Fitzharris and former Rangers midfielder Nick Main. Jabuti actually disappointed me a little, I had expecting him to be able to get a goal a game or so as he seems to have done for others of you, and it certainly wasn't that - he once went 7 games without a goal - but he still had a tremendous season, and saved his best performances for the most crucial games.

You can see the league table here.

I thought we had a pretty good season but unfortunately we just couldn't keep pace with runaway leaders Salisbury, who didn't even lose a match until more than half way through the season. So even though we finished second, that meant we had to suffer the playoffs. In the first round we faced Dover, who'd already done the double over us, and we were 2-0 down at half-time - I honestly thought our season was over. Fortunately we pulled one back in the second half, and in the return leg we won 3-1 after extra time, thanks to a Jabuti hat-trick. In the final we beat Eastleigh 2-1, thanks to two more from Jabuti.

In the FA Cup we got to the first round, where we narrowly lost to League One Chesterfield. Unfortunately we did not do as well in the FA Trophy, losing to Braintree in the 3rd qualifying round.

First Team Squad Member

As much as I'm enjoying my save, my laptop can't really handle it, so I'm not sure whether to continue it.

Amateur

Hi after Reading about this challenge i decided to take a look and i was reading the first couple of pages and got very inspired to do this even though i said i was doing the Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge i decided to start as Oxford City but gave up because they were too hard for me so i decided to take the reigns of Dartford on the 10.2 patch.

I will do both challenges for now and if i get addickted to one then i think i will stick with that one

Third Team

I have just agreed to sell my back-up keeper for £30k to TNS I am in March 1st season in charge of Cambridge City

Third Team

Just won the league on goal difference

Third Team

Cambridge City - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 21st
    Actual finish: 1st - Promoted

League Table
    Transfers
    Future Transfers

Started off with 3 new players agreeing to come to Cambridge before I was added to the game, these being Darryl Coakley, Adam Tann, and Joe Day. I then managed to strengthen my team by signing a few players released by Rangers and Celtic and bringing in two players on loan. My 1st game in charge was a nightmare, somehow Woking only managed to beat us 1-0, this made me determined to try and strengthen the team even more, thats why a lot of my signings were made in August and September. We finished the season in poor form, and drawing too many games, which nearly left us having to go into the playoffs, but we were lucky that Chemlsford and Woking were also slipping up, allowing us to win the league

Highlight of the season was getting to the third round of the FA Cup, but the dream was short lived when we got thrased by Chelsea Lowlight of the season was losing 5-3 to Grays when 2-0 up at halftime

Squad
    Player Stats

Star Players
    Dylan McGeouch and Blue Square South player of the year Daniel Powell

Career Overview
    Code:
    2010/11         Blue Square South         1st            Promoted - Champions

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2011/12

League: Blue Square Premier
    Media Prediction: 24th
    Expectations: Avoid Relegation

Here are my transfers.

I was finding loads of great central midfielders and strikers, and couldn't get a half-decent wide player for love nor money. So I switched to a 4-3-3. Given a more supporting role, Jabuti had a fairly quiet season, but Chris Dickson tore it up, with 39 goals in all competitions. Along with veteran Pedro Moutinho, they formed my ace strikeforce. We ran away with the league, and won the FA Trophy too, but unfortunately lost in the second round of the FA Cup to Chester of the BS South, depriving us of much-needed funds. My finances are really not good right now.

League Table.

Youth Team

Merthyr Tydfil - Mid Season Update

League - So far i have done better than I expected with only being 3 points behind Newport County at the half way stage, after just being beaten by them. The top of the table is extremely close with the league leaders only 4 points away from 6th place, which should make the run in very exciting.

FA Cup - Got a 3rd round match against Southampton coming up, haven't had a difficult run I so far, the most difficult tie so far was a second round tie against Mansfield who i beat 2-1.

FA Trophy - Knocked out of the first round after losing 3-2 to Kidderminster.

Transfers

Squad

Player Stats

Amateur

Dartford - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 15th
    Actual finish: 10th - Top Half Finish

League Table

Positions Graph

FA Cup / FA Trophy

Season Summary:
    There is only one word to describe this season... “Inconsistent” as you can see from the graph we went through unbeaten runs breaking the record then we went 10 games without a win which coincidently was when Christiano Kisuka went on his longest goal drought which spanned over those 10 games. Also Charlton became our Parent Club and loaned us Carl Jenkinson who got about 2 games in the season.

My Squad were really young seeing as I snapped most of them up from Celtic and Rangers on free transfers so my oldest starting 11 player was off 22 years of age and goes by the name of James McQuilkin, with the squad being very young this might explain half of the fact we were inconsistent but I felt toward the end of the season they were starting to gel and become a real team.

In fact it was down to the last game to see whether we could snatch the last playoff place, we had to beat in form Bromley who finished second, and we needed Forest Green to lose against Welling, Havant & W were up against St Albans and Braintree were playing Lewes and if either of them won and us and Forest green didn’t win they would take the spot by a single point.

This is how we did. We Were completely and Utterly outplayed and I’m surprised we even manage to get a goal let alone 2 it was a very strong showing from Bromley who deserved their place in the playoffs, Forest green could only manage a 2-2 all draw which meant that Havant and W who thrashed St Albans 3-0 took the last playoff spot seeing as Braintree managed a 0-0 Draw with Lewes

Transfers

Finances

Squad and 2

Star Players
    Christiano Kisuka – Brought on a free transfer after Rangers released him, he managed to win BSS Player of the Season and was the clubs top goalscorer and the Leagues to Assister with 15 Assists and 19 Goals in the league but unfortunately he was inconsistent too but next year he should be better and hungrier for goals.

Kyle Hutton – Didn’t make much of an impact till mid season and then he was on fire but as soon as he was praised in the media he threatened to quit English football (bit extreme) and then the next game the opposition took him out and we lost him till the last 2 or 3 matches.

Next Season Goals
    • Automatic Promotion
    • Good Run in Cups

Career Overview
    Code:
    2010/11         Blue Square South         10th
    Last edited by tommy0306; 28-07-2010 at 12:02.

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2012/13

League: Coca-Cola League 2

Here are my transfers.

I stuck with a 4-3-3, although I played more defensively this year. My tactics were never great and I found myself constantly tweaking them, but we did enough to win the league again. My star players were Daniel Nardiello, Reuben Reid and loan star Gavin Hoyte. We also got Simone Dell'Agnello on loan from Liverpool and while he couldn't score (once going over 20 hours between goals) he got very high ratings.

League Table.

We lost in the first round of the Johnstone's Paint Foofarah, but did much better in the FA Cup, reaching the 4th round where we narrowly lost to Premier League Aston Villa. The highlight was a 5-0 tonking of League One Oldham in the 3rd round, which bodes very well for next year.

Finances remain a huge concern. We go into League One with a capacity of just 3070 and it's not even all-seater - is that legal! Training facilities are also basic. We have £480k in the bank and no debts, but board are too tight to do anything, so I suppose I will have to sell players to fund the club.
    Last edited by Toasty; 28-07-2010 at 18:48.

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2013/14

League: Coca-Cola League 1

Here are my transfers.

I thought teams had essentially reacted to my 4-3-3, plus I somehow managed to persuade Ross Wallace to join us, so I switched to a 4-4-2. But it was a desperately disappointing season. I hadn't expected to walk away with the league again, but I did expect playoffs. As you can see from the table, our biggest problem was the leaky defence. The centre backs were terrible and I just couldn't get things right there. Our best players were Wallace and Sam Baldock, another highlight was Hawar Mulla Mohammed getting his 100th cap for Iraq with us.

League Table.

We lost to League Two Northampton in the first round of the St Johnstone's Timewaster, but did much better in the other competitions. League Cup we lost to Championship Southampton in the first round after a penalty shoot-out, and in the FA Cup we reached the 3rd round where we lost to Nottingham Forest, again on penalties.

Overall I am thinking of abandoning the challenge. I am finding the financial aspect very frustrating. I have a wage bill of just 24k per week and running a squad at the very bare bones, and I am still losing money. I've turned down offers from clubs which would give me a wage bill more than ten times greater than what I have. The stadium is still tiny and the board won't expand or even invest in training facilities. I feel like I am running in a wheel. I will continue through the summer and see whether I am going to continue this long-term.

Amateur

Here we go again this time with Bedford Town who for some reason have been put in the BSN.

Youth Team

Merthyr Tydfil - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media Prediction: 21st
    Actual Finish: 1st, Champions

League Table
    Transfers
    Squad
    League Stats

After a good start to the season are squad managed to push on and battle it out with Newport County for the top spot in the league. It came down to a very tense final game of the season with us only just winning the league, we were second at one stage of the final day, by scrapping through to beat Bishop's Stortford 1-0. Strengthened the squad after January with a couple of free transfers to add a bit more depth to the squad. Next season may lead me to selling a few of my reserves to get the wage budget down.

Star Players

Jordan Lowdon
    Michael Noble
    Michael Lee-Charles

Code:
    Season		League			League Finish	Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11		Blue Square South	1st		League Champions

Amateur

Going to give it a try again, just like last year.

Third Team

Cambridge City - 2011/12 - Blue Square Premier - Mid Season Update

Transfers
    Future Transfers
    Squad
    Squad Stats
    League Table

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Harrow Borough Season 2013/14

Here are my transfers.

I thought teams had essentially reacted to my 4-3-3, plus I somehow managed to persuade Ross Wallace to join us, so I switched to a 4-4-2. But it was a desperately disappointing season. I hadn't expected to walk away with the league again, but I did expect playoffs. As you can see from the table, our biggest problem was the leaky defence. The centre backs were terrible and I just couldn't get things right there. Our best players were Wallace and Sam Baldock, another highlight was Hawar Mulla Mohammed getting his 100th cap for Iraq with us.

League Table.

We lost to League Two Northampton in the first round of the St Johnstone's Timewaster, but did much better in the other competitions. League Cup we lost to Championship Southampton in the first round after a penalty shoot-out, and in the FA Cup we reached the 3rd round where we lost to Nottingham Forest, again on penalties.

Overall I am thinking of abandoning the challenge. I am finding the financial aspect very frustrating. I have a wage bill of just 24k per week and running a squad at the very bare bones, and I am still losing money. I've turned down offers from clubs which would give me a wage bill more than ten times greater than what I have. The stadium is still tiny and the board won't expand or even invest in training facilities. I feel like I am running in a wheel. I will continue through the summer and see whether I am going to continue this long-term.
    I wish I had a 24k per week budget... I think the key is to go after players who have been unemployed for a relatively long time (wage demands seem to drop sharply after about a year of unemployment), and players who don't make a lot of money at their current club (i.e. players released from academies, as opposed to first team players from a lower league). here are my player salaries:

link

Joe Gamble is my captain and one of my best players. he only asked for 275 p/w because he was released in July 2012 and I didn't sign him until July 2013. Stephen Elliott - released in April 2010, signed in July 2012. his contract was even cheaper but he got an automatic raise when we were promoted... Gary Dicker - released July 2012, signed July 2013. these are probably my 3 best players overall... meanwhile my starting centre backs make 150 p/w each, because they're 19 years old and were released from League One / Championship academies.

I can't afford to sign any players who are first team players in League Two. even some BSP players make too much money... most transfer listed players in higher leagues aren't affordable either. I can't begin to tell you how many players I had to give lowball offers and got rejected... you just have to spend some time searching through the free transfer list every summer.

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2014/15

Media Prediction: 17th
    Expectations: Safe Mid-Table position

Here are my transfers part 1 and part 2.

The reason for all this activity is that despite our fine performances last season, the board drastically cut the wage bill. So I sold the entire team apart from Ross Wallace and Hawar, and signed a whole new team out of loans and free transfers. I also released our entire youth setup because, sad to say, I needed that little bit extra on the wage bill. It was far from an ideal team - I missed out on a lot of good players who I just couldn't accomodate within my wage bill, and obviously we needed to gel, but what kept me going was that the board announced a new stadium. It will take two years to build, and I will have to keep scraping the barrel until then, but that at least gave me some kind of light at the end of the tunnel.

Once again I played a 4-4-2, but modified it some more so Wallace didn't have to track back. He and Josh Simpson pulled the strings in midfield, with 49 assists between them, but our stars were the strikers, former Charlton man Serges Delbe, and Neil Smith, who Liverpool kindly let me have on loan. Between them they scored 58 goals, which is what got us promoted despite our leaky defence. We were the best team in the division, but a congested fixture list and too many draws let Swindon win the title.

League Table.

In the League Cup we lost in the first round to Championship Fulham after extra time. In the FA Cup we reached the third round, then lost to a late goal away to Premier League Birmingham. And in the Johnstone's Paint Timewaster we actually managed to win the whole thing, beating Nottingham Forest 3-2 at Wembley in front of 80,000. A good season in the cups.

Third Team

Going to give this a proper crack over the summer holidays I think, holidaying now.

Third Team

Here it is then, start of my career as Boston United manager

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ugen64 View Post
    I wish I had a 24k per week budget... I think the key is to go after players who have been unemployed for a relatively long time (wage demands seem to drop sharply after about a year of unemployment), and players who don't make a lot of money at their current club (i.e. players released from academies, as opposed to first team players from a lower league). here are my player salaries:

link

Joe Gamble is my captain and one of my best players. he only asked for 275 p/w because he was released in July 2012 and I didn't sign him until July 2013. Stephen Elliott - released in April 2010, signed in July 2012. his contract was even cheaper but he got an automatic raise when we were promoted... Gary Dicker - released July 2012, signed July 2013. these are probably my 3 best players overall... meanwhile my starting centre backs make 150 p/w each, because they're 19 years old and were released from League One / Championship academies.

I can't afford to sign any players who are first team players in League Two. even some BSP players make too much money... most transfer listed players in higher leagues aren't affordable either. I can't begin to tell you how many players I had to give lowball offers and got rejected... you just have to spend some time searching through the free transfer list every summer.
    That's exactly what I do. When I was in League Two as you are my budget was actually a little lower than yours. The problem is that as you move up the divisions you need better players, but my board isn't letting me get them - the budget is not keeping pace with the division I'm in. I'm not quitting just yet because there's now light at the end of the tunnel, but it's frustrating. I'm in the Championship with all the money you get from that, I sold £3.4m of players this summer, and what wage bill does my team allow me? £29.5k. Aaagh! Just that money I raised in player sales would cover a wage bill of £65k per week, it's very annoying. If the board would stop sabotaging me I'd be in the Premier League. Instead I have to try and survive in the Championship. If I can stay up this year, I'll get my new stadium, and hopefully the board will start being sensible. If they don't, I'll quit the challenge, because at the risk of hyperbole I feel like Marlborough.

Third Team

Toasty how much of your transfer fees does your board give you in transfer money? If they give you some, you could use the budget adjuster. Or are they just being completely tight arse ********?

Amateur

Naturally I use the adjuster as much as I can. They're just tight ********.

Third Team

Ahh fair enough

As for my game, I've spent a few hours going through pre-season, got a pretty good squad together I think, offered out loads of trials and picked up who I thought was a good player, can't find any decent DM's for the life of me though, which seeing as I was planning on a narrow 4-1-3-2 is quite dissapointing. Going to have to change my plans now it seems and either go 5 in midfield, or a flat 4-4-2. I'll probably go with the 5 in midfield as I have a very good French CM/AM and Peterborough (parent club) sent me a young striker on loan who's pretty decent so they could form a nice partnership. Would mean wasting a very good Irish striker I got my hands on though. I doubt I'll be able to play a flat 4-4-2 as I have no tackling in my midfield so will need the extra bodies there to counter-act that.

Third Team

Found a half decentish DM, he's old and not that good but will fill a gap and allow me to play my narrow 4-1-3-2 which I think will work well at this level, will probably alternate between that a 5-3-2 as I don't think my DM willl be able to play too many full 90 mins and I have 3 good CB's, saying that, I may well switch to a 4-5-1 as I have some decent wingers and a fair few good CM's. Will see how it pans out.

Just played my first game against Gainsborough, won 2-0

I'll post an update with all my transfer dealings etc on sometime tomorrow.

Amateur

Canvey Island 2023/24 Report - EPL
    the final hurdle

After finally winning the league last season, the board were wanting a similar repeat performance, with the media expecting the same. Pre-season odds also reflected this, though I wasn't at the front of the queue.

League - Positions -

Another fantastic start, with winning 4 out of the first 4, set the tone for the season almost. A double slip-up to the North London teams (defeat vs Arsenal and a draw @ Spurs) put me on the back-foot almost, chasing the leaders Arsenal until January, when they eventually had their own minor blip letting us take control. Barring a hiccup @ Wolves (1-2) we were unbeaten from the end of September until April, though we had been stuttering beforehand with a collection of draws against Man City, Sheff Utd and Ipswich (for the second time).

This left the door open for Arsenal to claim back the advatange, which they did slashing the gap from 10 points to just a couple. Tight and cagey wins against West Ham, Wolves and Hull meant that we maintained the top spot with one game to go. But whilst we had to travel to europe-chasing Man Utd, Arsenal only had to play the already relegated Hammers.

Despite dominating the majority of the game, we couldn't extend our lead any further than the 1 we had, but that was all that was needed to claim a successive legue title.

Cups

Community Shiled - Canvey Island 1-3 Tottenham Hotspur

Not the best of peformances in the curtain raiser of the season, but then again it wasn't important in the grand scheme of things.

FA Cup
    3rd rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Liverpool
    3rd rd rep - Liverpool 0-4 Canvey Island
    4th rd - Canvey Island 4-0 Oxford United
    5th rd - Canvey Island 1-1 Everton
    5th rd rep - Everton 0-3 Canvey Island
    6th rd - Canvey Island 1-0 Newcastle United
    Semi Final - Canvey Island 0-1 Manchester City

4 consecutive home draws was a nice welcome surprise, especially missing anyone of note in the first couple of rounds. The semi fell right in the middle of our hiccup around April time, and we didn't really deserve to go through past this stage.

Carling Cup
    3rd rd - Aston Villa 4-4p Canvey Island (aet)(8-9 pens)
    4th rd - Canvey Island 1-0 Chelsea
    Quarter Final - Canvey Island 1-0 Liverpool
    Semi Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 0-0 Tottenham Hotspur
    Semi Final leg 2 - Tottenham Hotspur 0-3 Canvey Island (0-3 agg)
    Final - Canvey Island 1-0 Everton

I'm still trying to work out how we got through that 3rd round tie, we had no business taking that past 90 mins to be honest. Superb defence through the remainder of the games though, especially as I was using mostly fringe players throughout the run.

Euro Super Cup - Canvey Island 4-2 Real Madrid C.F. (ESP)

The reward for winning the Euro Cup last season was a run-out against the reigning ECC holders, which showed the first real signs that we could progress far in the premier European competition.

European Champions Cup

Winning the league last year meant that I didn't have to go through any of the qualifiers this year, and my recent European adventures ensured that I managed to squeeze into the second pot of seeds. This was reflected in the pre-season odds for the tournament, the bookies not expecting a fairytale story in our first season in the competition. That though didn't help matters, being drawn in one of the tougher groups conspiring of Lyon, Stuttgart and Genoa.

Matchday 1 - Canvey Island 0-0 VfB Stuttgart (GER)
    Matchday 2 - Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) 1-1 Canvey Island
    Matchday 3 - Genoa (ITA) 2-5 Canvey Island
    Matchday 4 - Canvey Island 1-0 Genoa (ITA)
    Matchday 5 - VfB Stuttgart (GER) 1-0 Canvey Island
    Matchday 6 - Canvey Island 1-0 Olympique Lyonnais (FRA)

Group G Final Table

A defeat in that final group game would have sent me out, but we produced a great defensive 2nd half display to win the match and so the group.

1st ko rd leg 1 - LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) 1-2 Canvey Island
    1st ko rd leg 2 - Canvey Island 3-0 LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) (agg 5-1)

A lucky draw I got, since I could have gotten one of AC Milan, Atlético Madrid or Benfica. The 1st leg was eventually won with the 2nd being almost a formality.

Quarter Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 1-0 AC Milan (ITA)
    Quarter Final leg 2 - AC Milan (ITA) 1-1 Canvey Island (aet) (agg 1-2)

So 2 games conspiring of 210 minutes (or so) and our goals came in the 1st and 207th minutes of the tie, now that's what you call timing

Semi Final leg 1 - Canvey Island 3-2 Futebol Clube de Porto - SAD (POR)
    Semi Final leg 2 - Futebol Clube de Porto - SAD (POR) 1-1 Canvey Island (agg 3-4)

I don't understand how after being carved open time and time again in the home leg we kept then so quiet in the away leg, though we almost gave it to them once Rooney had scored the decisive goal.

So, for the second year in a row, we were in a European final, against the mighty Inter Milan, who had 4 CLs under their belts including the one won just 2 seasons beforehand.

FINAL - Canvey Island 1-0 FC Internazionale (ITA)

Fully deserved victory in a tight game, even if we had to wait longer than I would've wanted to score what turned out to be the winner.

Squad (1)(2)
    More or less the same as it has been the last couple of years, but with the likes of Pepe, Reo-Coker retiring in the summer and Essien oddly in January, some new young blood was brought in. Same rotation policy as last year played its part, and its nice to see all the goals spread around also.

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)
    2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC
    2011/12 - Chris Todd DC
    2012/13 - Scott Smith DL
    2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR
    2014/15 - Dean Hammond MC
    2015/16 - Luciano Napoli ST
    2016/17 - Borja ST
    2017/18 - László Horváth MC
    2018/19 - Leonid Gerasimov GK
    2019/20 - Oscar Ustari GK
    2020/21 - Khouma Babacar ST
    2021/22 - Steve Peacock DC
    2022/23 - Ed Downing DC
    2023/24 - Craig Pearce GK (1)(2)

There's a reason why he has been threatening to take over the goal-keeper's position for good in the last couple of seasons and this time he did just that. Also getting some worldwide noticement by getting into the World Team of the Year (along with Horváth) following in the great Ustari's footsteps.

Transfers - Failure to keep Downing at the club despite my efforts were slightly annoying, not as much as the constant bickering of Bell which caused the sale of him also. Also odd to see Thiele being chased by Inter only 6 months after missing the chance to get him on a free in the summer, especially as my youngster Cook was picked ahead of him when I needed my strongest line-up.

Finances - We ALMOST made a profit without including transfer sales, though with over £250m in the bank I'm not that bothered how the money comes in to be honest.

Confidence
    - I keep beating the expectations set down for me, though I'm not sure for how much longer since there's only so much they can ask for in one go.

History
    2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals
    2011/12 - BSS: 1st
    2012/13 - BSP: 1st
    2013/14 - CCL2: 1st
    2014/15 - CCL1: 7th
    2015/16 - CCL1: 1st
    2016/17 - CCC: 8th
    2017/18 - CCC: 1st
    2018/19 - EPL: 7th
    2019/20 - EPL: 6th, LC winners
    2020/21 - EPL: 6th, FA winners
    2021/22 - EPL: 5th

2022/23 - EPL: 1st, EC winners
    2023/24 - EPL: 1st, ECC winners, LC winners
    -------------------------CHALLENGE COMPLETE----------------------

The Trophy Cabinet
    Blue Square South - 2011/12
    Blue Square Premier - 2012/13
    Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14
    Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16
    Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18
    League Cup - 2019/20, 2023/24
    FA Cup - 2020/21
    Community Shield - 2021/22
    English Premier League - 2022/23, 2023/24
    Euro Cup - 2022/23
    European Super Cup - 2023/24
    European Champions Cup - 2023/24

Aims for next season
    : Now that I've done the challenge, I think the next logical step is to try and see how far a fully HG side can go, then eventually see how much well I can do with a side full of academy graduates.. A clean sweep of trophies would be a nice aim to get also at some point.

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2015/16

League: Coca-Cola Championship

Here are my Transfers.

Yet again I sold my entire team and tried to sign replacements on a free transfer. This was necessary because despite promotion my board did not increase the wage bill - and of course all my players got 25% pay rises. The advantage of this is it raises money, and often I am able to get better players at cheaper wages, released by other teams. The disadvantage is that you might find yourself very short in one position or other, just by chance - until now I'd been lucky, but this year it came back to bite me. I simply could not get even a half-decent striker. I ended up playing a 4-2-3-1, with the lone striker either the withered remains of Didier Drogba, or Simone Dell'Agnello - who'd barely been able to score when on loan with us in League Two. As a result we struggled to score all season long, and in the first third of the season I really thought we would be relegated. Fortunately we managed to turn things around in the second half (mostly by tightening up at the back) and somehow sneaked into the playoffs!

League Table.

In the playoffs we got Sheffield United in the semis. We lost the first leg 2-0 at home, but in the return leg we managed to go in up 2-0 at half-time, levelling the tie. The game went to extra time,
    then penalties. Mutch missed the crucial spot-kick, and Sheffield United broke our hearts. Our new stadium would be opening in the Championship, not the Premier League.

In the League Cup we lost 3-2 to Premier League Birmingham in the Second Round. In the FA Cup we beat Premier League Blackburn in the 3rd round, but lost on a replay in the 4th round to Championship side Bolton. Not great in the cups, not terrible either.

Amateur

Boston United 2013/14: League Two

Media prediction: 24th
    Actual finish: 1st, promoted

I honestly expected a relegation battle so, to my great surprise, we easily managed to get promoted to League One for the first time in the club's history. Not only that, but we reached the Johnstone's Paint Trophy North Final (actually the semifinal of the competition), as well as the 5th round of the FA Cup, beating Championship club Derby en route. These matches weren't exactly classics - I played a super-defensive 4-1-4-1... had some fixture congestion as a result of these cup adventures.

Transfers
    League Table

Star players:

Gary Dicker - season cut short by injury.

Joe Gamble.

Jake Buxton - season cut short by injury.

Stephen Elliott

Inigo Sola - season cut short by... injury.

And here's everyone in my squad I think is remotely good enough for League One. Not a lot of defenders as you can see...

I anticipate a long season ahead of us. Even out of that squad list, I'd say only about 3-4 players are good enough to be regular starters in League One. Nonetheless, I'm happy enough to have been promoted at the first time of asking. League One: to boldly go where no Boston United manager has ever gone.

Code:
    2010/11         Blue Square North         1st            Promoted - Champions
    2011/12         Blue Square Premier       2nd            Lost in Playoff Final
    2012/13         Blue Square Premier       1st            Promoted - Champions
    2013/14         League Two                1st           Promoted - Champions

Third Team

Anyone know where i can get the kits and logos for the non-league sides?

Amateur

im gunna take on the challenge so do u go on holiday for 1 season then be a newly promoted team

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kopite_8 View Post
    im gunna take on the challenge so do u go on holiday for 1 season then be a newly promoted team
    The opening post has got all the details, let me know if there is anything in there you don't understand.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza D View Post
    Anyone know where i can get the kits and logos for the non-league sides?
    I think the Metallic Logo thread in the skinning forum might have these.

Amateur

ok thanks mate

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by mag man View Post
    I think the Metallic Logo thread in the skinning forum might have these.
    Cheers, but it only has the logos, anyone know where i can get the kits from?

Third Team

I'm on an awful run of form, not won in 5, and have lost 4 games on the bounce, which has seen me drop from 2nd to 9th, and 5 points off of the play-off places.

Third Team

Just got a draw against the league leaders with a much improved performance, not a win, but still, an excellent result.

Fans are idiots. We're on a bad run of form get a point away from home against the league leaders who have been ripping apart every defence in the league, and they're dissapointed.
    Last edited by aston_martin; 02-08-2010 at 16:48.

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2016/17

League: Coca-Cola Championship
    Media Prediction: 9th
    Expectations: Respectable league position.

Here are my transfers Part 1 and Part 2.

I switched to a 4-4-2. My best players were Marco Angelo and Antonio Formica, both strikers on loan from Man Utd. Joe Cole was something of a disappointment. I paid my first ever transfer fee to get John Fleck - and I'm not sure how he did. His overall rating was just 6.95, but he did get 15 goals and 16 assists.

I had a much better team this year, and we started off the year brilliantly, leading the table for ages. Then we collapsed mid-season, and were well outside the playoffs. We then clawed our way back up the table, and secured a playoff spot on the last day of the season, then beat Blackburn and Leeds to finally get ourselves promoted to the Premier League. Yay.

League Table.

In the League Cup we lost to Swansea on penalties in the second round. In the FA Cup we lost to Premier League side Aston Villa in the fifth round.

Financially the board have loosened some of the strings, and hopefully they will loosen them even more, because my policy of selling the whole team every season and only buying free transfers has left me with a very old and limited side (which is why I've struggled to get out of the Championship). If I want to stay up I'm going to have to get a lot younger and a lot better in a hurry. The board should be willing to do this because the new stadium has more than doubled our income, and being in the Premier League should give us loadsamoney.

Third Team

Seem to have stopped the rot somewhat, a little formation tweak to having 2 of my CM's in attack roles as opposed to just the one has made us a lot better.

Third Team

Cheers, but it only has the logos, anyone know where i can get the kits from?
    I found these last night when looking for the kits for myself. Has done kits for a lot of the lower leagues.

http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/3...kits-requests/

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil - Season 27 - 2036/37

Story of the Season:
    Premier League: An opening day 4-1 defeat against Liverpool didn't bode well, but that seemed to galvanise us, as we smashed our way to a P24 W22 L2 record. I started blooding far too many youngsters to be really competitive at this point, but we still didn't drop that many points on our way to regaining our crown.

Champions League: Absolutely blew the competition away yet again, only Man City in the semi providing any real resistance. Still dismantled them 3-0 on aggregate, then beat Celtic 4-1 in the final.

FA Cup: A trophy we'd missed out on the last couple of seasons, we had a fairly easy run to the final, where we overcame a strong Aston Villa side 2-1.

League Cup: The youngsters and reserves were doing us proud until an inexplicable 2-0 loss in the second leg of the semi.

Minor Competitions: Lost the European Super Cup, wasn't involved in the Charity Shield, inexplicably ballsed up the Club World Championship to finish 3rd and lose my 100% record in that competition.

Other News: Having lost Sasa Vukomanovic, my Assman of 18 years, in the summer, I appointed retiring former captain Tommy Fraser. He was superb, impeccable in press conferences, which I could not trust Sasa with, and coming in with sound advice when required. Unfortunately this work was noticed by Newcastle, who snapped him up as their manager so quick I didn't have an opportunity to make a counter offer. To be honest though, he'll do a great job and should not waste his career operating under someone else. No suitable candidates were available internally so I went external, hiring former Mexico manager David Echeverria.

Next Season:
    Try and win all four proper trophies, keep the youth coming through.

5 Most Important Players:
    Messed up the timing of the screenshot on these, sorry
    5. Magalhaes - AM/FC - Lost his place in the team for a bit, but the sparing use seemed to reinvigorate him.
    Paulinho - GK - Coming up to 800 appearances for Merthyr, I've high hopes of him cracking the 1000 mark before his shot-stopping days are over. Will not play as many games next season though unfortunately due to a hip injury in preseason, not to mention a couple of promising youth keepers.
    3. Ramon Colunga - DC - Outstanding pillar of strength at the back, truly rising to inherit Garate's mantle.
    2. John Hollis - ST - Scored some wonderful, not to mention important, goals but not quite in the quantities of last year's breakthrough. I'm sure he'll push on though.
    1. Andres Ruiz - ST - Went from being a squad player to first name on the team sheet in important matches. His superiority in the air over any of our other strikers made him an excellent outlet and partner for Hollis and Maggio.

At a Glance:
    Premier League - 1st, Champions
    Champions League - Winners
    FA Cup - Winners
    League Cup - Semi Final (lost v Leicester)
    Club World Championship - Third Place
    European Super Cup - Runners Up (lost v Arsenal)
    Transfers -
    £7m Profit

History:
    Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Achievements                   
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions,  Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier  Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
    2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
    2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
    2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
    2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
    2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
    2025/26   Premier League          1st       PL Champions
    2026/27   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners
    2027/28   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, LC  Winners, CWC Winners
    2028/29   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
    2029/30   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
    2030/31   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, CWC Winners
    2031/32   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners,  CWC Winners
    2032/33   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
    2033/34   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA  Cup Winners, LC Winners, CWC Winners
    2034/35   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, LC Winners
    2035/36   Premier League          2nd       CL Winners
    2036/37   Premier League          1st       PL Champions, CL Winners, FA Cup Winners

Merthyr Tydfil Academy Hall of Fame:
    Found Paul Smith still in the game so added his info

Code:
    Name                Pos        Era                    Apps   Goals     AvR
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Joe Thomas          DM/MC      2029-Present            366      36    7.02
    Paul Smith          WB/AML     2013-2018, 2021-2023    219      12    6.87
    Mike Williamson     DM/AMLC    2029-2035               175      12    6.76

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15
    Season 6 - 2015/16
    Season 7 - 2016/17
    Season 8 - 2017/18
    Season 9 - 2018/19
    Season 10 - 2019/20
    Season 11 - 2020/21
    Season 12 - 2021/22
    Season 13 - 2022/23
    Season 14 - 2023/24
    Season 15 - 2024/25
    Season 16 - 2025/26
    Season 17 - 2026/27
    Season 18 - 2027/28
    Season 19 - 2028/29
    Season 20 - 2029/30
    Season 21 - 2030/31
    Season 22 - 2031/32
    Season 23 - 2032/33
    Season 24 - 2033/34
    Season 25 - 2034/35
    Season 26 - 2035/36

Youth Team

SnakeXe's International Career - Unemployed - Season 27 - 2036/37

Story of the Season:
    Nice and relaxing, very glad I quit Italy really, never really got their side playing the way I wanted. Won't take another international job bar England again, or the real objective which is Wales. The ultimate ambition in this save is to get the Merthyr academy producing enough good players to win Wales a major international tournament. Unfortunately Rhys Weston, the current incumbent, shows no signs of being sacked or quitting. What happened to the feature where you could declare interest in a job? His was insecure at the start of the season but just reset to stable.

Next Season:
    England or Wales. Preferably Wales.

At a Glance:
    Nothing to see here

History:
    Code:
    Season     Nation                  Achievements                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2030/31   England                 None
    2031/32   England                 European Championship Winners
    2032/33   Italy                   None
    2033/34   Italy                   World Cup Winners
    2034/35   Italy                   None
    2035/36   Italy                   European Championship Runners Up
    2033/37   -                       None

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 21 - 2030/31
    Season 22 - 2031/32
    Season 23 - 2032/33
    Season 24 - 2033/34
    Season 25 - 2034/35
    Season 26 - 2035/36

Amateur

Harrow Borough Season 2017/18

League: Premier Division
    Media Prediction: 19th

Here are my Transfers.

As you see, after years of restraint I finally splashed out. I ran a very small squad and fortunately had few injuries. I focused on trying to bring in players who would be part of my future title-winning side - in particular that meant Guz' and Odedoyin. Those two were both excellent, but my best player was the left-back, Andres Lopez Garcia. In a sign of the times, all three are newgens.

League Table.

The table tells its own story - 38 games played, 34 goals. Inadequate strikers? Yes, in part, but also too defensive and narrow a midfield. I couldn't find good attacking midfielders (wide or central), so I was obliged to play a 4-1-3-2 and the goals just didn't flow. We were fine at the back though, which is why we were comfortably mid-table.

We lost in the 4th round of both Cups, Chelsea in the League Cup, Man City in the FA Cup.

Amateur

The funnest save game I have ever had the privilege of playing has just suddenly disappeared from my documents because of some stupid virus So I created a new account. Goodbye Oxford City I'll try and get you on FM11, that is unless they didn't get promoted this year ?

Anyway I managed to recover the dafuge save point and have come up with Cambridge City. Will give you the profile soon

Amateur

well, looks like we're in for a real relegation battle this time around. 5 points after 12 matches... two promotions in two years does have its drawbacks... we finally recorded our first win on October 7. that's right - we beat mighty Port Vale, bankrupt relegation candidates in League Two, in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. to add insult to injury (or the other way around I guess), Filipe Teixeira, our best player, broke his ankle in that match and will be out for at least 3 months.

it all went wrong when I blew half of my transfer budget on a mediocre right back, who proceeded to lose two games on his own (literally - I had a comfortable two goal lead in both of them before he decided to take matters into his own hands and give away a stupid penalty, or pass the ball to the opposition striker). as I was about to bench him, he tore a muscle in his groin to make the decision a lot easier on me. I guess I just got overexcited at being handed a 600,000 pound transfer budget - my previous record transfer was 3,500 pounds...

Third Team

Boston United 2010/11

Blue Square North
    Media Prediction: 16th
    Expectations: Mid Table finish
    Final League position: 13th

League Table

Quite a dissapointing season really, especially after such a good start where I was up in 2nd after 8 games. The squad really struggled to gel with a lot of new faces, and I changed formation a lot. I changed a lot between a narrow 4-1-3-2 to a 4-5-1/4-3-3, to a 4-4-2. Going to just stick with a basic 4-4-2 for next season.

Transfers

As you can see, a lot of change in the squad, best player was Luca Coleman-Carr who was on loan from Lincoln, was solid at LB and even popped up with a couple of goals. Other two important ones were Gavin Cowan who was solid in the centre of the defence, and Bobby Traynor who got me 18 goals in 36 starts and 5 sub appearances. Was pretty much the only person scoring for a large part of the season. Danny Mills, who was sent to me from parent club Peterborough, was largely dissapointing, he started off well, but then started to "feel the expectations of media pressure" or something like that and he never really recovered.

In the cups, I went out in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup losing 2-0 to Bedford, and in the FA Trophy I lost on penalities in a replay against Eastwood in the 3rd qualifying round.

Targets for next season: Playoffs
    Last edited by aston_martin; 04-08-2010 at 23:34.

Amateur

Shouldnt your first season be 2010 to 2011?

Third Team

Indeed it should

World Cup Winner

The links seem to be dead as well.

Third Team

Gah, they were working when I posted them, I'll try again.

Should be working fine now.

Amateur

I can now tell you that I'm the proud manager of Billericay. Hopefully I can do better this time around and not lose this one !
    Last edited by Alegeeter; 05-08-2010 at 12:55.

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2066/67

Two consecutive Champions League final losses, it was time for us to get it right on the big stage.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Ipswich put up a good challenge but we pulled away as their fixtures piled up.

Community Shield - not a great start to the season but at least we won.

Carling Cup - the semi final comeback was the highlight as we beat Championship Chelsea to win the cup for a 4th consecutive time.

FA Cup - Man City were the only problem as we lifted the cup with a hattrick from a centre back in the final.

UEFA Champions League - our good defence got us to the final, where we sneaked a victory on penalties.

Squad - the balance of the squad is superb, although there are a few players who will need replacing soon.

Transfers - not a lot to see really as we just trimmed the squad a bit. Long term target Giovanni Aiello is joining on a free transfer and Thomas Ndlovu is joining for a stupidly high fee as I try to bring in more English players.

Key Player Profiles:

Axier - not quite his usual standard, but still great.

Erwin Michaux - he's under pressure for his position but he's still doing well.

Toni Crnjak - still class.

Dave Sparrow - a bargain at £11.5m last season.

Ulisses - another bargain at just £6.5m.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2065/66    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, Carling Cup and FA Cup winners, CL finalists
    2066/67    Barclays Premier League  1st       PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    Next Season

I've had a couple of decent looking youngsters in Geoff Tynan and Adam Holt, so I'm going to try and integrate them into the squad and try and bring a more English feel to it. I'll still be signing foreigners, but I'll be looking out for more good English players.

As for my aims, I don't really have any at the moment. My club value has reached £1b, so the only other thing I would like is a stadium that holds 100k.

Third Team

Right not been on in a while and found out that the metallica logo pack doesn't feature logos for the seventh tier, so i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get this logos from

World Cup Winner

Right not been on in a while and found out that the metallica logo pack doesn't feature logos for the seventh tier, so i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get this logos from
    I think this has got them, or maybe this.

Third Team

After a bad 1st two games in my 2nd season, the team seem to have clicked now, up to 3rd and haven't lost in 5.

Third Team

Just beat Wimbledon in the 1st round of the FA Cup Would be brilliant if I could get through into the 3rd round a get a Premiership team

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast