+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,300 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Question Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalGenius View Post
    Here you go: Me

Board want safe mid-table. Are they being serious!!!???
    Hey mate, how did you get the regen pic for your manager profile? tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything. Looks sweet

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Here is my Profile pic and also my Personal screen shot. This is what I did against Hereford but then lost in the 2nd round against Barnet!

I'm at the turn of the year now and I am waiting for the injuries and dip in form to hit right when it matters. I have no doubt I will struggle till the end of the season!!

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Decided to go again with FC United seeing as how I've finished with the Pilgrims though that save is still ongoing and I will continue to update it.

Here's my Profile and Personal pages

Semi Pro

This is so frustrating! I have done everything you'd think would do the trick - simple tactics, players with good physical stats....but still I'm 2nd bottom with 5 points from 7 games, and without a win since the opening day.

Semi Pro

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Get Jabuti and McGurk they'll help you find the back of the net!

Semi Pro

Jabuti doesnt exist. McGurk - at Millwall. Gotta do better than that ;)

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2051/52

Last season we regained our Premier League crown but lost out in the FA Cup and Champions League finals, this season we were hoping to make up for that.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

It was an awful season for us as we went from pure brilliance to Sunday league standard. With just three games to go we were sitting top of the league but faced Man City and Spurs in our next two games, we lost them both and slipped down to fifth. We managed a win in our final game against Watford and Arsenal somehow managed to lose 4-0 to West Ham, handing us an unexpected Champions League spot.

Community Shield - could have gone either way but we were lucky to win on penalties.

Carling Cup - we had a good run but a missed penalty ruined our chances in the semi final.

FA Cup - a last goal knocked us out in a really poor game for us.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was simple stuff but our challenge ended in the quarter final as we went out on away goals.

Squad - we struggled for depth this year as a few players suffered injuries.

Key Player Profiles:

Paul Moran - top scorer but this was his worst for a while.

Andy Greenhouse - the coaches have written him off but he had a great season.

Julian Cockerill - the late bloomer, although he could really be off now as he is insisting on leaving.

George Fry - another great year but he's past his peak now.

Brian Brown - the captain chipped in with an impressive 7 goals this season.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
    2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
    2045/46   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
    2046/47   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2047/48   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2048/49   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and FA Cup winners
    2049/50   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Club World Cup winners
    2050/51   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners, FA Cup and CL finalists
    2051/52   Barclays Premier League  4th
    Next Season

Win something, anything.

The board takeover has given my finances a great boost, with £250m now sitting in my account. I'm hoping this is to finance a new stadium, but if the move is blocked since it has only been 10 years since my last, I my consider doing something else with the money.

This is one more chance for all-T&M glory this season though as England head to the European Championship in Wales and Scotland.

Semi Pro

Jabuti doesnt exist. McGurk - at Millwall. Gotta do better than that ;)
    Finbogasson - Not sure he'll be available, but a great Icelandic Striker.
    Paudie Quinn - Irish Midfielder who joined me on a free at the start of the campaign.

Erm.... I'm not sure of anyone else who'll able to help.

Semi Pro

It's really tactics I need. Although I've tried just about everything anyone's ever told me and still it's not enough!

Semi Pro

Finbogasson doesnt exist, Quinn is at Southampton.

If you have retained players from Scotland or major clubs check out Celtic and Rangers they release several good quality players - Strikers Fitzharris and Keatings, Keeper Adams.

Semi Pro

Guys I dont think its an issue of players - all my players have good physical stats for this level. I think it's tactics. Besides, one or two players is not going to turn everything around...

Amateur

Just beaten 2nd place Bishop Stortford 5-1 on their own patch and have secured a play off place and its only the 5th March!

It's really tactics I need. Although I've tried just about everything anyone's ever told me and still it's not enough!
    Keep it simple and try to play to your sides strengths whilst keeping your squad balanced.

Try and change your players roles to their strongest roles, i.e. Limited Centre-Backs rather than normal centre-backs.

In the BSN/S a fast striker can be deadly as can a strong target man.

Personally I would select the base formation you prefer or have players to fit, 4-4-2 or if you have useless wingers something narrow like 4-1-3-2, or 4-1-2-1-2. Leave the various settings on default.

For your full-backs if they are good at getting forward put them on support or if they aren't put them on defensive.

With centre-backs I don't bother with cover/stopper roles just leave them as limited or normal DC's on defend unless their attributes suggest otherwise.

If you are playing wide players a fast attack minded player would work better as a winger, whilst a Wide Midfielder offers more in defence.

In the centre of midfield it depends on what you have, just make sure you balance them out.

Upfront if your strikers are fast make them poachers, if you have someone who is good in the air make him a Target Man.

The Stamina of your players is also important as low stamina means your players will get tired quicker, so you may need to keep your eye on it and sub any tired players before they make mistakes.

Then it's a case of watching the matches and seeing what is going wrong and trying to fix them with small changes, also try and get an ass. manager with high tactical knowledge so he can lend advise in the matches.

Semi Pro

Thing is i'm doing most of this and its just not working! Will implement a few extra bits and bobs from what you've said and keep trying.

Semi Pro

Well i implemented a few more of those things (most obviously changing from 4-2-2 to 4-1-3-2 because my wingers were complete carp), and managed a 1-1 draw away at Gloucester. Passing improved a fair bit. Is it worth getting all my players to work on ball control, which presumably should improve their passing?

Amateur

Champions with 5 games to go!

Semi Pro

15 games without a win now. Plenty of draws (8 since the opening day win, now), but no wins. This is hopeless!

Amateur

Chelseadaft Ashford (Middx) Blue Square South Season 1 2010/2011.

CHAMPIONS!

It was a truly fantastic performance from the side. First thing I did was get hold of a decent Ass Man and Jimmy Hunter came in. As soon as he started recommending players I brought them in on trial along with some other "decent" Scottish free transfers I got hold of after their names had been mentioned on here once or twice

So I made plenty of signings but not OTT. Got rid of the deadwood and ones that didn't make the grade as far as Hunter was concerned and went with it.

Our form at the beginning of the season was ropey to say the least. I never really had any momentum going. I didn't have any decent wingers to adopt a 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 do ditched the 4-4-2 I had started with and went with the 4-1-2-1-2 formation and it quite simply "worked wonders" and my form was top notch. Became unstoppable in the end.

I simply played to the strengths of the side. I was winning games easily and still had the odd blip or two but overall no one could catch us.

We finished on 99 points which was a highlight for me as I have never ever come close to something like that before. We had won the league with 5 games to go.

My Finances aren't great at all, just noticed our pitch is useless so have asked the board to relay it in the summer and they have agreed. I am now also allowed no more than 6 coaches and 4 scouts so am on a mission to get this team up to the required standard.

For me its about getting hold of players who are rated as Leading Stars for the league you are in or good players for the league above when you are in the lower leagues and that's what I intend to do in the summer.

For now these are the boys that has done me proud my best ever season so far! Come on the Tangerines!!!

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        1st         Champions!

Amateur

whats up guys, nice thread. I want to start my own carrear in this challenge and was wondering if you'll can redirect me to a facepack that has the lower league players in it. And if possible icons. Thank you

Amateur

My board has increased my wage budget by £600 p/w and struggling to add extra quality in. Some of the mediocre earners who played a supporting role will have to go and will have to renegotiate others contracts.....

Have slapped a £250k price tag on Fitzharris and Fairey if anyone wants to give me that amount as the interest in them increases!!

Amateur

I've shockingly gone on a run of 11 straight defeats in my maiden CCC season, dropped from a safe 17th position to the relegation zone 21st. Looking at my remaining fixtures, 4 away and 3 at home, and the quality of those sides, I think I'm in definite fear of going back to League 1. I just cant get the lads performing no matter what tactics I employ!

Amateur

Make that 13 and counting..

Semi Pro
    http://footballmanagerhowto.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spamjabber View Post
    Hey mate, how did you get the regen pic for your manager profile? tried searching for it, but couldn't find anything. Looks sweet
    I'll dig out a link to the thread in a min

Edit: HERE

There are loads to choose from, and I believe the creator takes requests too...
    Last edited by TacticalGenius; 20-04-2010 at 15:46.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by axlroze89 View Post
    whats up guys, nice thread. I want to start my own carrear in this challenge and was wondering if you'll can redirect me to a facepack that has the lower league players in it. And if possible icons. Thank you
    Quite a lot of players at this level are already in the game with faces. Plus you get a lot of 1st-season regens by the time it starts. I only have 4/5 "GreyedOutMen" (!) in my squad now, and still in the first season of the challenge.

Still only 1 win in 15

Amateur

GOM

Have a look at Cleon's thread here it helped me with my tactics and how I can understand the game more

Semi Pro

Still only 1 win in 15
    I can't see why it is so difficult? I'm playing by LLM rules and still getting back to back promotions (in L1 atm, 2013/14) I'm using my own formation, was a 4-4-2 until L1, now using a 4-2-2-2 with AMR/AML because I have decent wingers...

Semi Pro

Ta - but the problem is I just dont see what he sees! It looks to me like everyone is either doing everything wrong or everything right - very little that I can find from it that is helpful.

Semi Pro

I can't see why it is so difficult? I'm playing by LLM rules and still getting back to back promotions (in L1 atm, 2013/14) I'm using my own formation, was a 4-4-2 until L1, now using a 4-2-2-2 with AMR/AML because I have decent wingers...
    Well I dunno - i seem to be doing everything right - i do more or less everything that is generally accepted to be the right way to play in the lower leagues, and still I cant win. Just got knocked out of the FA Trophy to Bedfont Green!

Semi Pro

Write up your basic tactics and formation and maybe I could read through and suggest something?

Semi Pro

Guys does anyone know why it is that whenever I use the analysis page during a game, I cant access my tactics for the rest of the game after that? Is this a bug? I also cant pause the game!

Semi Pro

Write up your basic tactics and formation and maybe I could read through and suggest something?
    What do you mean by "write up"?

Semi Pro

Guys does anyone know why it is that whenever I use the analysis page during a game, I cant access my tactics for the rest of the game after that? Is this a bug? I also cant pause the game!
    Argh! Now the game has completely crashed on me! It's just not moving!

Semi Pro

I think I might have found a work-around although not a solution. But I can't win for love nor money, so think I'm going to take another break from this game. I dont get how people find it so easy, I try every piece of advice I can get and nothing works.

Semi Pro

What do you mean by "write up"?
    As in write out your player roles, team instructions, etc.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Do you have backups? I use a weekly rolling 3-save system...

Semi Pro

It was the first game I'd played today, so its not a problem but it happens every time. It's not a crash as such because I can just stick myself on holiday for a day and it's fine. But it seems to be an issue...

Semi Pro

I will write up my player roles etc for you now, but I think I'm going to revert to FM09 for a while as this game is driving me insane. The last 4 games I've played across this save and my Barcelona save have all involved last-minute penalties for my opposition.

Semi Pro

As in write out your player roles, team instructions, etc.

Sorry to hear about the crash. Do you have backups? I use a weekly rolling 3-save system...
    Would it be easier/more beneficial for me to upload the save for you to take a look at and give me some pointers? Although knowing the way this game is going, you'll do that, I'll follow it all to the T, and still win just one game a season!

Semi Pro

Hmm. I don't use match analysis so I don't know if I have a problem there!

In terms of the tactic, write it out here and I'll take a look?

Semi Pro

OK. I have tried out a few but the basics remain the same. Currently:

4-1-3-2 formation, very narrow.
    Rigid, Standard Philosophy.
    Direct Passing
    Disciplined Creativity
    Default Closing Down and Tackling
    Man Marking
    Default Crossing (but not much of that anyway)
    No Roaming
    Sliders at Defaults

The rest is just anything I've changed from the defaults:

Goalkeeper, Defend: Distribution - defender collect
    Full Back, Support (L)
    Full Back, Support (R)
    Limited Defender, Defend *2
    Defensive Midfielder, Defend (DMC)
    Ball Winning Midfielder, Defend (MC)
    Central Midfielder, Support (MC) - short(ish) passing style
    Central Midfielder, Attack (MC)
    Target Man, Support (SC)
    Poacher, Attack (SC)

Obviously a lot of the defaults were right for me (e.g. Target Man holding up the ball), so it hasnt been tweaked all that much. I would have tweaked more but so much seems to be going wrong and so little right that it seems futile.

Semi Pro

Current league record:

P 16
    W 1
    D 8
    L 7
    F 9
    A 22
    Pts 11

Semi Pro

Ok, I'd suggest:

4-1-2-1-2

Rigid, Counter Philosophy.
    Direct Passing
    Disciplined Creativity
    Default Marking
    Default Roaming
    Tempo: Last notch of Slow (before it becomes 'normal')

Goalkeeper, creator default
    Full Back, Auto (L)
    Full Back, Auto (R)
    Central Defender, 1 Cover, 1 Defend
    Anchor Man, Defend (DMC)
    Box to Box, support (MC)
    Deep lying Playmaker, Support (MC)
    Trequartista, Attack (AMC)
    Target Man, Support (SC)
    Poacher, Attack (SC)

or:

4-4-2:

Rigid, Counter Philosophy.
    Direct Passing
    Disciplined Creativity
    Default Marking
    Default Roaming
    Tempo: Last notch of Slow (before it becomes 'normal')

Goalkeeper, creator default
    Full Back, Auto (L)
    Full Back, Auto (R)
    Central Defender, 1 Cover, 1 Defend
    Ball winning mid, Defend (MC)
    Deep lying Playmaker, Support (MC)
    Defensive Winger, Support (ML/MR)
    Target Man, Support (SC)
    Poacher, Attack (SC)

The 4-4-2 got me to League One, all automatic promotions, 2 league wins (BSN/BSP) and FA Trophy win...
    Last edited by TacticalGenius; 20-04-2010 at 20:03.

Semi Pro

OK will give the 4-1-2-1-2 a try - the 4-4-2 is a non-starter as my wingers are cruddy. Might switch to it later on if 4-1-2-1-2 isnt working out. Will let you know.

Semi Pro

All that matters with the wingers is pace, acceleration, dribbling and crossing. Surely a couple of getting a couple of frees isn't impossible...?

Semi Pro

Pace, acceleration and generally dribbling isnt a problem, but it's really hard to find players who are good crossers at this level, I've found...

Semi Pro

Pace, acceleration and generally dribbling isnt a problem, but it's really hard to find players who are good crossers at this level, I've found...
    Make them AMR/AML inside forwards then, and set crossing to sometimes, or rare if they're that bad...

Semi Pro

But yet again, I do everything you say, and still dont see results. I get a fair few draws which has kept me in touch and not cut adrift, but still no wins since opening day. 20 games since my last win.

Amateur

I think it's safe to say I'm pretty much doomed for the drop back to L1. 4 games left and I'm 5 points adrift

Semi Pro

You been getting any decent players in? Get the best Asst. Man. and Scout you can, and send them out to find some decent freebies! All my players have been found from scouting reports and Asst Manager's player reccomendations in Backroom Meetings who I've then scouted.

Semi Pro

Thats exactly what I've done...and I'm now 24 games into the season and only 1 win. Bizarrely, I'm only 1 point adrift of safety! I dont know how I could do any more, though. My main criteria for my AssMan were JPA and JPP - Steve Gaughan has 12 and 8 respectively, and as I felt that current ability was more important than potential for this season (most of my players are on 1 year contracts), I went with him. Doubt I'll find an AssMan with a JPA of higher than 12 at this level, will I?

And all my players have come through freebies who I have brought in on trial after scouting, and then accepted if my AssMan thinks they're up to it.

Will return to this ridiculously frustrating game tomorrow. But I might not last much longer, the fans want me out. I cant blame them but I really dont see what more I can do. Oh and by the way I'm plunging deep into debt because of an out of control wage bill - but thats the price you pay for decent players, right? Only these players arent "decent"!!!!

Either that or THIS GAME IS JUST TOO DARN HARD! SI - please please take note. Everyone likes a challenge but this is ridiculous!

Semi Pro

My wage bill has always been well under the maximum allowed, and I've always had a big squad, too. And my players have always been good, too.

Amateur

3 games to go and its confirmed... I'm down

Just couldnt hack it in the CCC, very frustrating second half to the season, my form was abysmal every player on very poor morale, just felt like I couldnt turn it around.

Oh well, bright side is, I haven't been sacked !

Semi Pro

My wage bill has always been well under the maximum allowed, and I've always had a big squad, too. And my players have always been good, too.
    My wage bill IS under the maximum allowed. Well. It was until very recently anyway, when it's gone just a little over. Unfortunately, that still gives you a very high wage bill-- £2,300 per week adds up a lot.

Third Team

Just finished the Copa with Brazil and going to be writing up the update later today.

Semi Pro

Mini update:

2013/14, February. Sitting 2nd in L1 after 30 games, 1 point behind leaders Southend, and 3 in front of 3rd placed Carlisle. In the final of the JPT. Just signed Alassane Plea from Lyon on a free. He's come in for the injured John Guidetti, and scored 3 in 2 apps so far

Third Team

Maidstone Season 12 Update 2022/23 - The Premier League

Media Prediction - 8th
    Position - 5th

League Table
    League Positions

A poor league season compared to the last but the carling cup and champions league campaigns were tough on my small squad. I think with a few new players I can really make a push for the title as the quality of the other teams is not very high.

Young Player of the Year for the second year running and third year for the club.

Champions League Win - The Final

A great victory in a fairly simple champions league campaign, I had a tough group but a could suprise wins including a big victory over Inter saw me through. I came up against a weak Man U in the knockout stages and after beating Barcelona I was confident of picking up the trophy. With a Palermo win over Inter in the other semi I had an easy opponent in the final and cruised to victory completing the first part of the challenge.

Champions League Dream Team

GK - Schreiber

DR - Witt
    DL - Maza
    DC - Pizzaro
    DC - Uslu

DMC - Martinez
    MR - Belaychi
    ML - Olaleye
    MC - Zakharov
    AMC - Ramon

ST and Star Player - Agafonov

Squad
    Finances
    Transfer History

Manager Profile
    Manager Personal
    Manager Information

Career Overview:
    Code:
    League         Season    Finished   Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------
    BSS            2010/11   19th
    BSS            2011/12   19th
    BSS            2012/13   15th
    BSS            2013/14   10th
    BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners
    BSP            2015/16   10th
    BSP            2016/17   1st        FA Trophy
    League 2       2017/18   1st        
    League 1       2018/19   1st        JPT Trophy
    Championship   2019/20   6th        Playoff Winners
    Premiership    2020/21   9th
    Premiership    2021/22   4th        League Cup
    Premiership    2022/23   5th        Champions League, League Cup
    Opinions Required !!!

I have a problem with the competition histories, they have all been wiped and been replaced with foreign clubs. Also new histories are not being kept. I am pretty anal about all this and it is ruining the game for me. I should be on my way to completing season 14 soon which is looking like a league win at the moment.

I am then in a dilemma as to keep playing with my current save or to go back to a backup I found from my first premier league season. At the moment I am leaning towards finishing dafuge's challenge and then going back to my old save for a long term game.

Semi Pro

Congrats on the CL win

Third Team

Thank you. It was a surprisingly easy fun and I much prefer playing the big teams.

Semi Pro

Mag Man: I don't fully understand the 'loss of competition history'. Is it in game it is gone? Is it for your club only or the league or?

Third Team

History of past winners for all competitions between 2009 and the most recent has been erased and pre 2009 there is a load of random club/countries where there shouldnt be. Also all competition wins from the club screen between 2009 and present season have been removed.

I find it pretty annoying and a bit of a game breaker for me

Semi Pro

That sounds pretty weird to me but I would be really down too.

Try posting it in the error forum?

Third Team

I think it may be my fault, I was deleting files on my computer with my game open All my other saves are fine.

Amateur

After a slow start I am halfway through he second season and am 4th on 45 points after 23 League Games, five points off of first place.

Got through to 2nd round proper of the FA Cup and 1-0 up away at Brizzle Rovers and had three players injured in the space of 10 mins :mad:. Lost 2-1!

Form picked up again and have won 5 in a row in the League!!!

First Team Squad Member

Two very quick season updates for me. Sorry for the double post

Kingstonian season 25/26 review

Media prediction 16th
    Final postion 1st CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

After a run poor run of form at the end of last season (only 1 win froam jan 01 til the end of the season) I had a tactical rethink and went from a 4-1-2-2-1 to a flat 4-3-3 and sold my underperforming wide players. this made me a bit of cash which I then put back into them team and investing in young British players including £15 million pound buy Simon Bryan from Charlton to complement my other strickers Patrick Bond (Dutchman signed fon a free from Newcastle 5 years ago when in CCC) and Callum Renoylds (youth team product that I felt was at last ready to step up to the league)
    I also brought in young scotish midfileder Paul mcIntyre to be my creative force, a role he excelled in!
    We started the season well and by Christmas we were 2nd in the league and in the semi finals of the league cup, it was at this stage last season we fell apart so how did my team help my confidence? Yep thats right, we lose to bottom of the table West Ham (who only won 4 games all season and 2 of them were against me!) we then had semi-final against notts county and thankfuly my players turned on the style with a great 5-0 (over both legs) win to put is in the final against CCC league leaders Cyrstal Palace which we won 3-0 with a brace from Bond and a goal from Renyolds to win our second trophey (after our FA Cup win in 2023)
    Sadly our FA Cup run was ended at Wolves (who are huge club these days due to a tycoon takeover many years ago and have won lots of tittles lately) at the 4th round stage which I think was a blessing as our squad was a touch on the small side and I really wanted the league!
    Thankfuly the players reacted to going out of the cup with a huge 1-0 win at wolves thanks to a last min Reynolds strike which I felt vindicated my decison to continue with 3 upfront after my left back was sent off with 20 mins to go, this sent us on a 9 straight winning run in the league that all but secured our first tittle, we had a little wobble away to Man City then follwoed that up with ANOTHER defet to already relegated West Ham but we bounced back with a win over Charlton and a win at Old Trafford meaning with 3 games to go 1 point would leave us chapions, the boys done well and hammerd Notts County 7-0 to win the tittle and relegate them! we won our last 2 games to win the tittle be a comfortable margin and hit the magic 100 goals make by finishing on 101
    All in all, it was a great season and am looking forward to our first run in the champions league

First Team Squad Member

Kingstonion season review 26/27

Media prediction 6th
    Final prediction 1st

No real signings this summer, just lots of good youngsters that I hope will progress and save me money in the long run.
    Back to back league tittles for the mighty K's
    This season the league was rather easy after we hit top after 10 games we only once droped from first and that was due to a fixture back log and even then it was only on GD. We had the tittle wrapped up with 5 games to go so we could concentrate on other matters
    Our defence of the league cup ended at the semi final stage by Man City after a easy run to the semi's. My only dissapointment was with the way my team gave up and surrended this cup.
    The FA cup was poor as we were knocked out after a replay against Arsenal, ever since we won this cup we haven't gone past the 4th round and it's starting to annoy me!
    The champions league was fun to say the least! We drew Real Madrid in our group and our first game was Real away and somehow we escaped with a 1-0 win and even won our group
    we then drew Lyon in the knockout stage and we won both home and away before getting Barcalona in the quater finals where we managed to nick a last min winner at the nou camp and had the best game I have ever seen by us as we won 3-0 back at Kingstonian Stadium to secure our plave in the semi finals, where we drew Inter Milan. After a great effort in the away leg Inter proved to be that little bit stonger as they took a 2-1 lead into the second leg, depsite being behind I felt we might be able to get the needed result to progress, alas sadly it was not meant to be as Inter cruised to a 2-0 win to end my season.

Amateur

Here we go again starting this time with Sutton United.

Semi Pro

CCC here we come!!!

Beat Walsall 4-3 on penalties in the Playoff final after finishing 5th in L1. Beat Watford 4-3 in the playoff semi on aggregate. Won the JPT.

Amateur

congrats TacticalGenius

Amateur

Grats Tactical, now lets hope you can go one better than me and stay there ;)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbird93 View Post
    congrats TacticalGenius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Grats Tactical, now lets hope you can go one better than me and stay there ;)
    Thanks guys

Just got Chris Smalling on a free from rivals Man Utd, Johnjoe O'Toole from Colchester and Jacopo Sala (Chelski) for nothing too! Alex Wynter comes in from Colchester for £875k (record signing) and Nathaniel Clyne comes in from Palace for a pathetic £500k, yet a club legend moaned saying he'll have to do a lot to live up to the price tag...?

Amateur

Bloody hell, where are you getting that kind of money from

I've not had a transfer budget above 35k yet

Semi Pro

Was given £2.9m budget and £69k wage budget for 'Mid Table finish' in CCC.

FCUM are a debt free club, and have a (borrowed) 11800ish seat stadium, which I've sold out once, and averaged 8500 ticket sales in L1. Board have already accepted my request for a 3rd training and youth facilities upgrade

Amateur

I started with the wrong team then

Third Team

Boston United - Season 9 - Premiership - 2018/2019

Media Prediction - 4th
    Final Position - 1st

FA Cup - Winners
    Carling Cup - Winners
    Champions League - Winners
    Community Shield - Winners
    Club World Cup - Winners
    UEFA Super Cup - Winners

League Table
    Position Graph
    Transfers
    Finances
    Manager Profile
    Manager Personal

Got off to a bit of a shaky start to the season with quite a few draws around a loss and a win. Took me until penalties to win the Shield but it seems that was to be a fore bearer for how I would go in finals this season. New formation change which needed new players brought in forced a settling in period but once I got the groove it continued bar a few bumps here and there. Man City who were in the lead messed up along the way and I overtook them with games in hand. Even with one or two bad results I had enough of a lead to win with 3 games to spare allowing me to rest players near the end of the season.

In the cups I did well and managed to win the FA Cup again. Faced Arsenal in the Semi and won 5-1 after going into the break 1-1. A few tactical tweaks and they were whipped second half. Handily defeated Man City via a Kalinin hat-trick. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run. Beat Chelsea in the Final via a Perez brace.

In Europe I started with a 4-0 win over Zurich in the first game which kick started my season. Had a couple losses but enough points to top the group. My reward was to face Celtic. Got by them to face Barca. A 3-0 seond leg win at the Nou Camp saw me into the Semis against Inter again. Inter up and a Paz penalty in the first leg settled the 1-0 aggregate. Madrid up in the Final. 3-3 draw forced penalties with Leandro getting the winning one for a repeat win.

The CWC and Super Cup were added to the cabinet for the first time in the club's history.

Loaned out a lot of youngsters this year as well as fringe players. Most impressed with Austin allowing Crewe to stay up in the Championship following a 2 moth end of season loan where he scored a few goals. Also, managed to get rid of Lohmann before his hefty appearance money payment. For transfers in, Cummings, Crane and Iversen were for the future and Cana signed as a backup but I loaned him out as I managed to get Reinaldo near the end of the transfer window. Baldini adequately replaced Lohmann at LB and Kaboul provided sound performances when called upon. Afellay did well and signing of the season really as he was free. Perez though was the pick of the lot and despite a shaky start where the fans questioned him he excelled. Well worth the money and is young so plenty more years to be had out of him.

Problem I have now is getting my RB Donoso to sign a new contract. Didn't remember to sign him up as at the start of the season he was unsettled so I was to wait to sign him up again but didn't remember so he only has a year left and doesn't want to sign. Will see what my other RB Llera can offer and if he can adequately replace him without me having to dip into the market if he leaves.

Youth Products(Academy):

Brett Edwards - New one after the season.
    Nathan Austin
    Adam Stringer

Awards
    England:
    Manager of Season
    Team of Year
    Player of the Year
    Footballer of the Year
    Young Player of the Year

Europe:
    Best Player
    Dream Team
    Golden Boot

Copa America
    Winners : Brazil

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
    Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
    League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
    League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
    Championship         14/15       1st    Champions
    Premiership          15/16       5th    Carling Cup Winners
    Premiership          16/17       1st    Champions, Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners
    Premiership          17/18       1st    Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners
    Premiership          18/19       1st    Champions, Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, CWC, Super Cup
    Last edited by roseboy64; 21-04-2010 at 21:48.

Semi Pro

So far as FC United:

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
    Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions, FA Trophy Winners
    League Two           12/13       3rd    Automatic Promotion
    League One           13/14       5th    Playoff Winners, JPT Winners

Semi Pro

Gonna give this one last shot. Have holidayed through a game and will now reload for Boreham Wood once more. This time I have ticked "add key staff" which should aid the situation a little bit from last time although there will still be a long way to go. I still say this game is simply TOO DIFFICULT!

Semi Pro

I beg to differ GOM. I'm finding it more difficult as the seasons pass, but having a debt free club and a seemingly ambitious chairman is definitely helping

Amateur

It can be hard...I'm finding it hard at the moment, I've been relegated back to L1 and to be honest, I'm struggling a bit in this league now too. 6 wins and 5 losses 0 draws. Really odd form and I'm absolutely positive I've probably got the best squad in the league

Semi Pro

My managerial record:

Pld: 223
    Won: 125
    Drawn: 64
    Lost: 34

Scored: 372 (1.7 per game)
    Against: 188 (0.8 per game)

Semi Pro

Good for you....

Semi Pro

Started again and got lucky as got Boreham Wood first time (took about 250 reloads last time). But, despite having key staff ticked, I still havent got any staff. Any ideas why?

Semi Pro

Gonna give this one last shot. Have holidayed through a game and will now reload for Boreham Wood once more. This time I have ticked "add key staff" which should aid the situation a little bit from last time although there will still be a long way to go. I still say this game is simply TOO DIFFICULT!
    I'm sorry to say but then you need to start a new save. According to the rules stated in the first page 'add key staff' should be unticked.

Have you loaded the ddt file?

1st page | Screenshot

First Team Squad Member

GreyedOutMan-try and get Jimmy Hunter as assistant, he is great for the first few years at helping you get good reports on players.
    Also go through ALL the scotish clubs for players, try and get the likes of Fitzharris, Keatings, Adam etc.. and also for a CM try and get Jonathen Cooper (sp?) as he did well for me, in saying that it still took me 3 seasons to get out of the BSS so just stick with it, I'm now 2 times back to back premiership winners and it feels great when I think of the stuggle I had all those yeras ago.

Anyway, hope some of that helps you out

Semi Pro

My struggle atm is in the CCC... I think the playoffs may just ellude me this season

Amateur

Well I finished my second season (First in the BSP) and the old curse hit me again right where it hurts once more.

Screenies will follow later on as I am at work now, but one thing is for sure in this game. You HAVE to have cover in all positions within your squad because if you don't the game will find you out and hit you like it did me last night.

I saved my progress and turned the game off just after I had lost the BSP Playoff Semi Final against Histon beaten in both legs of the Semi-Finals!! :mad:

My run of results was amazing and we were looking good for a cemented play off place but also within touching distance of Grimsby who were top of the League. But, my squad go found out and where I hadn't managed to get decent defensive cover and also a third GK injuries hit me hard.

At one stage my 30+ goal striker Chris Dickson was hit by injury and missed the PO Semi's (both legs) and Conner Fairey and my backup GK were hit by injury and illness within days of each other so had to put a greyed out GK in goal who, as you can imagine had a couple of shockers!

I went from second place to third after Oxford overtook me and nicked 2nd place from me. I would of played Rushden in the Semi's who I had beaten twice in the League if I had kept 2nd place but it wasn't to be.

Isn't it strange that you save the game, go to bed, get up and come to work but still have that game running through your mind over and over again and what you could of done differently! Then someone (female of course) says to you: "Its only a game!" :mad:

Report and screenies to follow (much) later tonight!

CD

Semi Pro

It gets even better:

x2

Semi Pro

Don't be too happy. Notice the £26 mill loan. You'll have to pay off that and it will cost you dearly.

Amateur

Any of you lot want to share tactical insight - I really struggled at CCC level, infact I went 18 games without a win leading up til the last game of the season, which I ironically won :P

Semi Pro

Or indeed for BSS level :P just starting the season now with my new Boreham Wood game. Hopefully this time something will work. None of the players (eg Fitzharris) that people keep naming exist in my game!

Part-Timer

Or indeed for BSS level :P just starting the season now with my new Boreham Wood game. Hopefully this time something will work. None of the players (eg Fitzharris) that people keep naming exist in my game!
    he's at rangers or celtic, what setup do you have?

Semi Pro

I dont have many players as I play mainly on my laptop. Definitely doesnt exist in the db.

Semi Pro

I dont have many players as I play mainly on my laptop. Definitely doesnt exist in the db.
    What is your setup?

Did you remember to start on a fresh?

Semi Pro

Well like I said, I have no key staff so either I didnt have it on or it didnt work. Not gonna reload 150 times again!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Don't be too happy. Notice the £26 mill loan. You'll have to pay off that and it will cost you dearly.
    £170k per month.

Amateur

Alot 170k imo

Semi Pro

It'll be ok

The Celtic and Rangers youngsters only get loaded into the game if you retain players from top sides.

Well our Champions League group of death is proving to be rather easy - we have four wins from four games and as Porto and Juventus face each other we have qualified for the Knockout Stages (where we will promptly get knocked out).

Also my ground has just been expanded up to 28,000 so the latest Champions League game brought in a much needed £1.2m. I really shouldn't have spent £36m on promising youngsters this season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast