+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,900 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

First Team Regular

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Where can I get logos and kitpacks for Canvey Island please?

Youth Team

Bit of a so-so season in League Two with Tiverton so far, mid-table after 12 games. Won the first 5 (including 2 cup games) comfortably, so was expecting another easy march to the title, but things have gone somewhat downhill since then. Think I may need to rejig my tactics to be more solid in defense if I'm to trouble the promotion spots - 4-5-1 may be the answer, as Jabuti is easily good enough to lead the line solo.

Semi Pro

have gone back to my hastings utd game, so will post a season update soon

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Boston united season 20 2029/30

League Table , Position Graph final position - 2nd

A great season all in all what with our participation in the Europa League meaning we were always catching up with League games throughout the season. It was a little disappointing not too win the League as we had the chance on the final day of the season. if we had beat Notts County annd Stoke had lost we could have taken the title. Alas it was not to be.

Cups

FA Cup

A fifth round appearance here.

League Cup

Semi Finals again this season.

Europa League

For the Europa League I set myself a target of getting to the Group Stage although the board wanted 1st knockout round. However nothing prepared me fo rthe run to the Quarter Finals.

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this season has been Stephen Grant

Grant got himself into the Players Team OF the Year

Key Players

Antonis Labakis

Jonas Bergstand

Iain Mackay

Giovani Andreoli

Finances

Code:
    Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
    2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
    2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
    2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
    2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
    2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
    2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
    2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
    2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
    2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
    2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
    2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
    2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
    2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
    2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
    2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
    2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 
    2028/29       Premier League             7th                      Qualified for the Europa League
    2029/30       Premier League             2nd                      Qualified for the Champions League

Other Winners
    Premier League - Stoke
    FA Cup - Stoke
    Carling Cup - Birmingham
    Champions League - Olympique De Marseille
    Europa League - Dortmund
    World Cup - Italy

Aims for next season

Take a top 4 spot again with a challenge for the title (Maybe)
    Last edited by Almondo; 13-03-2010 at 12:15.

Amateur

Amateur

Canvey Island 2013/14 Report - CCL2
    time to hop on the bandwagon?

After 2 promotions in a row previously, the media were STILL to be convinced, giving us another predicted finish of dead last, although decent pre-season odds of 33-1 were worth putting a bet on surely?

League - Positions -

The key for a good season, as always, is starting quickly out of blocks. One again, this season was no exception; with 10 points coming from our opening 4 games. A poor run of 3 games without a win, poor by recent standards anyways, was quickly wiped out with another fantastic unbeaten run; spanning from the end of September until the beginning of December cemented ourselves right at the sharp end of the table.

2 poor defeats in December slowed the momentum, but another unbeaten streak of 9 games until February had us firmly in the driving seat for an automatic promotion spot. In fact all that really stepped in our way of a 3rd consecutive league title was the ever-consistent Barnet.

So with a crunch match at Underhill in early March starting a tough run-in; with games vs Bury, Rushden, Bournemouth (A), Lincoln and Grimsby (A) still to play, it was almost a must-win. Cue a great team performance, resulting in a 3-2 win; to re-take the top spot that we wouldn't lose again all season (though Barnet's run of 5 games without a win made matters almost a formality in the end). We finished the season once again breaking both 100 points and 100 goals; surely there's some teams that have decent defenses somewhere??

Cups
    FA Cup
    1st rd - Bristol Rovers 3-3 Canvey Island
    1st rd rep - Canvey Island 2-1 Bristol Rovers
    2nd rd - MK Dons 3-2 Canvey Island

Draws away to high-positioned L1 sides, so can't complain too much. 3rd rd price would've been Forest away, so maybe the FA thought we would get through for another away tie

Carling Cup
    1st rd - Plymouth 3-0 Canvey Island

Away to a CCC side; this really should've been a worse defeat than what it was.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

South 1st rd - Leyton Orient 2-0 Canvey Island

What's this? An away draw to a team in the divison above... we haven't had that before have we?

Squad (1)(2) Just the sub keepers not used this season, though why I have 3 keepers in my 1st team I don't know. 3 other players didn't start a game as well; whilst 10 started 30 games or more. So much for my rotation policy...

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)
    2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne MC
    2011/12 - Chris Todd DC
    2012/13 - Scott Smith DL
    2013/14 - Dean Lodge AMR (1)(2) Fans' Player of the Season last year, he definatley stepped up his game even more this season. Though he is a AMR naturally, he played half of his games on the left wing. Just a shame he wasn't one that wanted to take a pay-cut halfway through the season...

Transfers - More frees coming in, more money getting spent on our players. It's a shame that Rodgers left in January, though he was easily too good for this league. Turned down the chance to join Forest to go to St. Pat's Athletic though

Finances - Another season of profit, but once again I only stayed in the black due to transfers, most notably Eaves' to Notts County. Board have decided to improve training conditions, where the money is coming from I don't know, doublely annoying as I had previously asked about getting the youth facilites upgraded but got rejected "due to the lack of funds available".

Confidence - As long as I keep on winning; I'm safe. As long as I adjust the budgets so I have £0 on transfers and everything on wages they shouldn't notice....

History
    2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals
    2011/12 - BSS: 1st
    2012/13 - BSP: 1st
    2013/14 - CCL2: 1st

The Trophy Cabinet
    Blue Square South - 2011/12
    Blue Square Premier - 2012/13
    Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

Aims for next season: Promotion means another 25% rise in wages, so buying will be at a minimal once again. I know we aren't ready for 4 straight promotions, so stability is the target.

Semi Pro

Hastings United, Season 2016-17 – Season Seven, Blue Square South

Summary
    I thought this year might be the year to push for that elusive promotion, what with Parkin’s summer transfer never materialising. The squad looked good, and promotion was surely overdue?

Transfers

Not a lot of activity this year, as I opted to keep the squad stable. It is rather large though and that combined with the large wage bill means this next summer will be a selling summer, probably.

Competition Reports

Blue Square South
    We spent most of the season hanging just outside the playoff places – most of the season we were about 6-8 points off them. The eventual table did us a slight injustice as the team took the foot off the gas at the end of the season when promotion was beyond them.

The Final Table this season. Not bad, but it’s not a step forward either. I need to make that final step up to the playoffs and promotion! The playoffs were the route to promotion for Staines, beating unlucky Bath in the final on penalties. Bath had been pushing for automatic promotion, their playoff place confirmed well before any of the other three.

The e.on FA Cup - we were really unlucky here, actually.

The FA Trophy - Two really disappointing performances against a team I should have beaten quite easily.

The squad.
    With selected stats for all competitions, ordered by the amount of time they spent on the pitch – a rough guide to their importance to the team I suppose.

Key Players

Marcus Cassius
    Starting to overtake Lake-Gaskin as the premier striker of the side. A really good season from Cassius.

Sam Hatton
    Becoming a Hastings stalwart. Scoring and assisting in equal measure, and for a midfielder, at a good rate.

Sebastien Lake-Gaskin
    Not scoring as many this year but his average rating is still really high.

Phil Parkin
    Despite sulking at failing to secure a move away in the summer, the legend still had a decent season. Hoping for a huge bid for him this summer, or I might have to hold on to him a while longer, even if he is unhappy.

Notable others:
    Michael Rodwell. Still decent but really needs to step up as his Average Rating has been exactly the same for the last three years. Dominic Shaw was really good back-up for the main strikers and looks an excellent prospect.

Finances
    Still struggling here, just hoping that promotion can ease the worries a bit. Or a tycoon takeover, perhaps?! 
    The board have now created an affiliation with Crystal Palace. This will provide a little cash and perhaps some decent loan players from the newly promoted members of the Championship for next season. Could just be the needed catalyst for a real promotion push at last.

Club Records and Awards
    >> Most Games Without Conceding: 5 – 11th February to 7th March.
    >> Fastest Goal: Sam Hatton – 25 Seconds v Bishops Stortford, 6th August.

Cumulative records (will be published every season as long as the holder is at the club):

>> Most League Apps for the Club: Phil Parkin – 237 – RECORD EXTENDED
    >> Most League Goals for the Club: Marcus Cassius – 94 – RECORD EXTENDED

>> Fans’ Player of the Year: Sebastian Lake-Gaskin
    FPOY wins:
    Phil Parkin: 4
    Sebastian Lake-Gaskin: 2
    Louis Lavers: 1

MY team of the year:

Murphy
    Hawksworth – Dean – Parkin – Francis – Lavers
    Rodwell – Pugh – Hatton
    Cassius – Lake-Gaskin

Subs: Harpur, Harrison, Mitchell, Wilde, Pugh, Evans, Shaw.
    Overall XI….Harrison and Harpur were the new inductees..

New Youth Cohort
    Might finally have someone up to the same sort of standard as Parkin again. A little work to do, particularly on his passing, but he looks really promising.

Maybe just maybe, if we hold on to Parkin and he plays well, then perhaps this next year could be the year. Help would still be appreciated.

Previous Seasons:

Season One (2010-11)

Season Two (2011-12)

Season Three (2012-13)

Season Four (2013-14)

Season Five (2014-15)

Season Six (2015-16)

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Nice one Midgetram, however I don't like your consecutive 100+ point seasons.... stop being too good!

Unlucky GreyedOutMan, just keep at it, you'll get in!...

Now, should I start to feel pressured when other managers are tipping me to win the league?
    12 games and the top 4 is as follows:

Man City - 54 points
    FC United - 54 points
    Aston Villa - 53 points (11 games to go)
    Arsenal - 52 points (11 games to go)

5th is Everton with 43 points, so as it stands it's a four horse race.

Semi Pro

Just got my Champions League group.

Olympique De Marseille, Celtic, Boston Utd and Maribor of Slovenia.
    Last edited by Almondo; 14-03-2010 at 04:21.

First Team Regular

el sid - Canvey Island - 2011/2012

Squad Stats

Media Prediction - 24th

League Table

We were by far the best team in the league, as new signings made immediate impacts. We were first in the table right from week 3 till the end of the season A few inconsequential losses and draws at the end of the season prevented us from reaching 100 points.

Transfers

FA Trophy - Dominated again, and the only game we were troubled was in the finals.

FA Cup - Fantastic run all the way to the third round, happy with the money generated.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 5th                    Promoted via Playoffs
    2011/12       BSP                 1st                    Promoted - FA Trophy winners

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by el sid View Post
    This please

Semi Pro

Nice looking season there sid. Congrat's on the Promotion and I'm sorry I don't know where to get them.

Amateur

This please
    The logo packs for 09 seem to work for 10, so that's where I've got my logos from. Unsure about the kits though...

Good season as well

Amateur
    The harsh Lincolnshire wilderness. Up the Iron, and come on you Sheriffs.

7 games, 1 goal, 1 draw, falling to 7th from 2nd. Absolutely pathetic.

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by midgetram View Post
    The logo packs for 09 seem to work for 10, so that's where I've got my logos from. Unsure about the kits though...

Good season as well
    Never had the 09 pack, so can you provide a link for the 09 pack?

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2043/44

Last season was our first ever as an all-T&M squad and it really showed as we found it hard to score and had our worst season for some time. A year on and I was looking for an improvement from my young squad.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

A superb improvement as we found the net easily and stormed our way up the table. We even had a chance to snathc the title on the final day as we went away to Everton and Stoke faced Arsenal at the Emirates. With our superior goal difference, a win and a Stoke loss would have done it for us. We did our part, beating Everton 3-0 and Arsenal had their chance, but missed a penalty. Stoke ran out 2-0 winners, securing the title. I'm sure Nobby will be pleased.

Carling Cup - I played a weak side for the early rounds, so I was surprised that we got so far. The final we took seriously, and just about won thanks to penalties. It was a magical moment as our first proper(ish) trophy as an all-T&M team.

FA Cup - league winners Stoke ended what was looking like a good cup run.

UEFA Europa League - again, it wasn't a priority so we bumbled through the group stage by playing weakened teams. We made hard work of the knockout stages, including an epic two legs against Man City. The final was less spectacular, as we looked comfortable throughout. This was another nice moment for me as this was the first time we had won this competition.

Transfers - just the players loaned out. I suppose it isn't worth me including this any more.

Squad - the improvement from last season was immense as we went from one decent striker to four overnight. Although our wingers are still weak, I think this squad is capable of doing it.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Bowles - he often wants to leave, but his experience has been valuable, as has his goals.

Brian Jones - he's taken a back seat this season as there has been genuine competition for his place in the team.

Paul Moran - the new kid, and what a debut season.

Stuart Talbot - after scoring 3 in 37 last season, I thought he was a dud. He's proved me wrong in spectacular style.

George Fry - probably his best season ever.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
    2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    Next Season

Even though there are areas of the squad that could do with improvement, I think this squad is in a great position to go for my aims of the PL and CL titles. It may not happen next season, but I think it is a realistic aim to do it within 5.

The European Championships with Belgium is up next.

Amateur

Never had the 09 pack, so can you provide a link for the 09 pack?
    Found this link on last season's challenge, it should still work

Amateur

FC United of Manchester - Premier League - 2017/2018
    The surprise package shock the world.

The second season in our Premier League journey. The media predicted 14th this season. The board expected a mid-table finish. I decided to go for a top-half finish. Once again the board, who amaze me with their use of money, gave me a 35m transfer budget. This season we had 20m in the bank after last year.

Transfers - This year was about strengthening the team. It needed a good few people, but I managed to get great young players for little money. I did once again drive us into the red though.

The First Annual Manchester Evening News Cup
    This season, I decided to introduce a new friendly cup. The ‘Manchester Evening News Cup’. Each year, four teams will compete for the trophy. This year the teams were FC United, Man City, Liverpool and Bury, after Man Utd rejected the opportunity, so I gave the team we share a stadium with a shot.

Overall Results
    FC United v Liverpool
    FC United v Man City

The Season

Position Chart

Table

So the team touted as the surprise package all these years, shocked the world. After being predicted 14th, we go and win the league. It took a lot to do so as well, at one point it was a four horse race, and either us, Man City, Aston Villa and Arsenal could have won. In the end, a screw-up by Man City, a draw for Aston Villa, and a lot of luck for us, gave us the trophy. We also won the League Cup too, which was a bonus!

League Cup Final - It seemed almost fitting that the win of our first major trophy was started off by a goal from 'Mr. FC United' Ben 'Gronaldo' Greenhalgh, one of the 'originals'.

Squad

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)
    Marco Ferrari – Marco seemed to appear out of nowhere this season. After only getting 10 in 32 last season, he got 20 in 33 this season. He was our top scorer. Fully deserved this award, although I was tempted to give it to Ben Greenhalgh for scoring the all important League Cup Final goal.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)
    Winning two trophies. I wasn’t even expecting one, let alone the League and the League Cup!

Fan's Player of the Year
    Daniel

Manager of the Season
    Jordan Swinburn

Confidence

Finances – After working our way up last year, I took us back down again with the spending. Our league win however took us back up, hopefully next season it’ll stay that way!

The plan for next season is to once again challenge for the title. I don’t want to do a Wolves, who got 2nd last season and 15th this season. I fancy another domestic cup win, only this time I want the FA Cup. I also hope to make it to the knockouts of the Champions League.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions
    2013/14        League Two                6th              Promoted – Playoffs
    2014/15	       League One		 1st		  Promoted - Champions
    2015/16        Championship              5th              Promoted - Playoffs
    2016/17        Premier League            11th
    2017/18        Premier League            1st              League Champions. League Cup Winners.

Semi Pro

Not had much game time recently, so my first season in charge of Truro has gone quite slowly so far.....
    But, somehow we've been doing rather well! We're top after 14 games by 10 points, and we haven't lost a game in any competition yet
    Bound to lose the next one though!!!!

Amateur

Relegated in our first season in League One with a hell of a load of debt to go with it, don't feel much like doing a full update this season, will try to bounce back at the first attempt and get back.

Amateur

Oxford City - Season 2013/14 - Coca-Cola League 2

Pre-Season, and all the hopes and expectations therein

Sean Fitzharris seems to score for fun in friendlies. Two in our opening romp at Billericay seemed to prove this. Barring YET ANOTHER LOSS TO ARCH RIVALS OXFORD, results were generally very encouraging and I firmly believed we'd be able to survive, and with our biggest squad yet, push on for more.

Transfers

Younghusband and Morris never broke into the team, and Stevens had a broken leg for half the season. Van Dijk, Chalwe and Bangura were massive, massive coups and the other loan signings showed their class, but only in flashes. I released some quality players, but we never suffered from selling new captain Chalwe after only six months. If anything, the money helped us far more than his performances ever did.

The Season!

For the third time, we drew Wrexham on the opening day of the season. And because this time we faced them at home and we were favourites, naturally I was expecting the worst. But a fine performance from our 10 men saw us snatch a 2-1 win, and we followed our own rules of having an incredible start to the season by stringing together a 3-2 win at Wycombe and a 4-1 win at home to Grimsby. Goals were plentiful, and flying in from everywhere.

We were brought back down to Earth with a thumping 4-0 defeat at Tranmere, which is my heaviest defeat in a league game as manager of Oxford City. We went behind 3 separate times against Bournemouth, but a superb strike from Alex Revell snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat. A narrow, Revell inspired win at home to Exeter followed before we achieved our most impressive win in the whole season: a 2-0 win at eventual league winners Rotherham where we completely dominated, goals coming from loanees Van Dijk and Baker. But we couldn't build on it, and September fizzled out with a 0-0 draw and a 0-1 defeat.

We exchanged 1-0 results at the beginning of October, before we returned to form in emphtic style: Darlington were dispatched 4-1 at Court Palace Farm before Van Dijk single-handedly beat Yeovil in their own back yard, scoring all 4 goals and producing one of the finest individual displays of dribbling and passing I've ever seen. Superb wins and clean sheets against MK Dons, Cheltenham and an excellent Mansfield side were our reward, Revell showing he wasn't out of the goalscoring picture by scoring in all 3 games, settling matters in 2 of them. Van Dijk and Revell then combined to give Bristol Rovers a thrashing, the 3-2 scoreline flattering them in all honesty.

A run of 4 consecutive away games proved too much, however, and we lost our last two at Carlisle and Cambridge, finishing with 9 men in the latter. Home comforts provoked a return to form as Accrington were well beaten, and we once again completed the double over Wrexham with one of the McLeod smash and grabs that served us so well last season. Bottom club Wycombe departed with nothing, but a run of loss-win-loss showed that inconsistency was, once again, threatening to derail our season.

Two more defeats followed before we accomplished the improbable and did the double over league winners Rotherham, Revell netting the only goal once again. Another one two punch of a 0-0 draw and a 0-1 defeat frustrated, but we produced one of our strongest displays of the season to destroy Yeovil for a second time, 5 different scorers on target as we took our aggregate score against them this season to 9-1. Burton held out an onslaught to lick their wounds and celebrate an away point, but we pulled two amazing 2-1 away wins out of the bag, leaving Brentford and Darlington stunned as Darryl Duffy finally hit form.

Then it happened. From a commanding automatic promotion position, we were lucky to remain in the play-offs as our tactics completely failed. Izale McLeod netted a consolation goal and we sneaked a goalless draw somewhere, but it proved to be our only point in 7 attempts. Three precious, precious points were secured in impressive fashion, a 4-0 win against Bristol Rovers as our swift change in tactics proved fruitful. Going into the last three games of the season, we were point ahead of Cheltenham with a marginally better goal difference. We both drew our next games, and lost our next games as well. Cheltenham would travel to Wrexham in their last game of the season, whereas we would host Morecambe.
    We remained goalless while Wrexham and Cheltenham shared a 1-1 draw, so if Cheltenham and Morecambe didn't score, we'd be fine. Cue Steven Lennon scoring an injury time goal for Morecambe, but crucially Izale McLeod netted with the last kick of the game and Cheltenham offered no winner. We were in the play-offs again.

Having only 1 league win in ten games, I was very pessimistic, especially as we were at home in the first leg. Duffy, McLeod and Van Dijk proved me wrong as we gained a superb, unbelievable 4-1 first leg lead. Naturally, Cambridge scored two early goals in the second leg, but there were to be no more as we, and the frame of the goal, defended resolutely and we earned ourselves another Wembley visit against Carlisle, who had done the double over us.

Billy Clarke slotted in only his second goal of the season after just 5 minutes, but we were pulled back level after only 2 minutes more. A tense and nervy game followed, with few clear cut chances for either team. Extra time didn't offer any more goals either, and once again it came to penalties.
    The first three takers for both teams powered in their penalties before Lappin, Carlisle's talisman, inexplicably missed his and we remained faultless to win the shootout 5-4, amazingly-named Jamaican defender O'Neil Thompson scoring the crucial penalty. We had reached the promised land...of League 1.

Final League Table

Third play-off success. Like Arsene Wenger said, it's not good for my heart, but it's so so good for the club.

Positions Graph

Tactics broke wherever the line slopes downward.

Stats

Lewis Price had another solid season, it seems. Didn't miss a game for the second season running, much to the annoyance of second choice Dean Delaney.

Squad (End Of Season)

Some absolutely terrible players, some inconsistent players. I wonder how we ever got promoted, and then I see Alex Revell. He carries us sometimes, I wonder how he'll cope at the next level.

Finances (End Of Season)

Steadiest year yet, helped by larger attendances, TV money, and selling players on for profit.

FA Cup

Bradford really figured us out in this one, I have to say.

League Cup

Amazing effort in this game. We attacked with real intent and forced them down to 10 men after just 21 minutes, but they got a goal againt the run of play 4 minutes later. Van Dijk levelled matters, but Kermogrant restored their advantage in the second half. As we approached the end of normal time, Alex Revell struck a fine goal to bring extra time. Unfortunately it wasn't to be our day as they prevailed 4-2 in the shootout.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Weakened team, yadda yadda yadda.

Key Players

Craig Eastmond

Bit of an enigma. Incosistent, but ended up as one of our most consistent players. Confused? You bet...he never seems to contribute much.
    Regardless, he's one to keep.

Alex Revell

It's not, what can Alex Revell give to the team, but, what can the team give to Alex Revell? Did the business once again, but missed everything from April onwards with a slipped disc and we sorely missed his goals.

Lubomir Michalik

The legend had another steady season, more so than any other of our 6000 centre backs.

Gary Harris

Very promsing young player I signed from Tranmere on the cheap. I think he could go places.

Darryl Duffy

Largely disappointing, but hit form in 2014. I think the best is still to come from him.

Code:
    Season    League                  Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North             2nd          Promoted via play-offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier          11th          -
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier          3rd           Promoted via play-offs
    2013/14   Coca Cola League 2          7th           Promoted via play-offs
    Next Season

Survive at all costs - as will probably happen with such a low capacity ground, just 3000. And we never fill. Some genius loan signings are required, I think.

Part-Timer

Think I've found a bit of a bug.

My stadium in the first Premier League season is 4500 capacity, of which 500 are seats. In my 1st Home Game, attendance was.....500. If that's going to be the case until the new stadium is built in 2 years, then I might as well give up now.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

You know how sometimes you just get one of those individual performances which may have just saved your season. Daniel Richard came on as a sub in the 83rd minute... and managed to do this!

Some recent poor form has seen us slip from title contenders to a dogfight for playoff places. We hadn't won in the last four and Woking were one of our major rivals in the playoff race. This result has seen us go 5th, 3 points clear of 6th. And has hopefully given our squad a bit of encouragement.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post

My stadium in the first Premier League season is 4500 capacity, of which 500 are seats. In my 1st Home Game, attendance was.....500. If that's going to be the case until the new stadium is built in 2 years, then I might as well give up now.
    I found exactly the same thing in my King's Lynn save.

Amateur

Can anyone provide me with a link to a Nuneaton Boro club logo please??? - Driving me mad, think its the only team I haven't got a logo for and I'm managing 'em!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Crispypaul View Post

pretty sure its not a bug just the rules of the prem no standin aloud at games

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Goonertillidie View Post
    pretty sure its not a bug just the rules of the prem no standin aloud at games
    That's true. But I think the bug aspect of it is that the board would allow the building of a new stadium before making your current stadium all-seater, or at least moving you to another ground temporarily. There is no way a board would allow you to have a 500-1000 capacity when you are in the Premier league.

I managed to qualify for the BSP playoffs by finishing 4th. Hopefully my team can pull together some good form, as my run at the end of the season hasn't been especially impressive.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 15-03-2010 at 12:30.

Amateur

Anybody... Nuneaton club logo ?

I'm still in League 2, joint 4th, 5th on goal difference - with Crewe in 3rd with 67 points, 4 ahead. If I could nab that third automatic promotion slot I'd be ecstatic! To be honest though, I'm having a far better season then I ever envisaged, so come what may I'm pretty pleased.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...eaguetable.jpg

Part-Timer

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - 2012/13

Blue square Premier - League table - Positions graph

Media prediction - 24th
    Final position - 4th

After decent start we found ourselves just below the playoff places for most of the season. But after Christmas our form really picked up and we began challenging the top clubs, at one point being just a point off top spot. But injuries and suspensions caught up with us, and late in the season our form slipped and we found ourselves battling to stay in the playoff places. We made 4th, but a lacklustre 1-0 aggregate loss to Barrow was a disappointing end to an otherwise successful season.

Squad info;

Squad selection (Not listed; our loan goalkeeper from Swansea, David Cornell)

Transfers

Key players;

Ashley Watson - AML - The young winger had another fine season for us in his third term with the club, showing he could handle the step up. He was one of the rare consistent performers through our fluctuating form and finished with a 7.16 rating.

Steven Lennon
    - ST - Another player in his third season for us and despite some patches of poor form he was still a quality goalscorer. In 39 starts he scored 25 goals, with 10 assists and finished with a 7.15 rating.

Jim Goodwin - MC- A new signing this season who joined from Huddersfield on a free, he bossed the midfield for us and had a tendency to score spectacular goals. Despite some injury problems he made 37 appearances for us and finished with a 6.97 rating.

Code:
    Season           League            Position              Other  achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11           BSS                11th       
    2011/12           BSS                1st                 League  champions     
    2012/13           BSP                4th                 Playoff semi-finalists
    Plans for the future...

To strengthen the side overall and try to push for promotion next season. We've got some good players, but no enough quality backup. Hopefully some more full-timers will make us more consistent.

Youth Team

Patch 10.3 = Chip Butty

Am managing FC United of Manchester. Mainly as I wanted to manage a team called United so I could make the crowd chant 'Yaaaa-niiii-ted, Yaaaa-niiii-ted, Yaaaa-niiii-ted' when we get a corner ...

Have played pre-season so far (unbeaten, four wins from six) and after three games in the BSS, I have 6 points and only lost to a late goal at Stalybridge.

Youth Team

Good start there mate.

Second season with Park Avenue. Played 18 and am currently 5th. 'mon the play-offs!

Part-Timer

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4...0316at123t.jpg

here goes nothing. next stop, greatness?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

*waves*

Hello everyone. I shall be resuming my challenge attempt this evening. How's everyone been doing whilst I've been away?

Amateur

Apart from I still can't seem to get hold of a Nuneaton club logo, just about survived without you

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    Apart from I still can't seem to get hold of a Nuneaton club logo, just about survived without you
    You mean like this one?

Amateur

Started this challenge a few days ago but only just got around to registering on the forum. Playing as Merthyr Tydfil as that's my home town and just entering my Third Season, but have been taking screenshots. Here's the Manager profile at start of Season One: Manager Profile
    Will put in an update of the first two seasons shortly!

Subs Bench

After playing this challenge for the past 3 or 4 years I have just been promoted to the premiership for THE VERY FIRST TIME!!!!!!
    Will do a full update soon! Am playing as Kingstonian

First Team Regular

Whoa, that's two updates in one page

el sid - Canvey Island - 2011/2012

Squad Stats

Media Prediction - 24th

League Table

Bradford were incredibly strong all season, easily the best team in the league. It was the fight for 2nd all the way to 9th, it was 3 points separating the 8 positions after 40 games. Our good form coincided with a few slip ups from other teams, so we made our way to 2nd and automatic promotion to League 1.

Transfers

League Cup - Drawn against Watford in the first round, and was blown away really, could've easily been 7 or 8 for them.

FA Cup - Yet another fantastic run in the FA Cup all the way to the 5th round. We beat Luton, Stockport and Nottm Forest, all by 1-0, before Reading proved to be too strong for us. Reading went on to beat Manchester United and reach the semi finals.

Key Players :

Stephen O'Hallaran
    Bradley Diallo
    Nicky Riley
    Chris Dickson
    Maceo Rigters

Code:
    Season            Division                   Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square South                  5th                Promoted via Playoffs
    2011/12       Blue Square Premier                1st                Promoted - FA Trophy winners
    2012/13       Coco-Cola League 2                 2nd                Promoted

Semi Pro

Hey Terk's back

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    Hey Terk's back
    How goes it with Boston, Almondo? I saw a post at the top of the page that says your in the CL

Amateur

vettel - Merthyr Tydfil - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Best Eleven

Media Prediction - 22nd

League Table

After a poor start to the season taking only 12 points from 10 games, I switched to a far more aggressive tactic, with a starting strategy of overload for every game. Needless to say this resulted in a number of high scoring games, none more than this thrilling 3-5 reverse against Dover. In reality this tactic served to overwhelm opponents for the most part, and a 14 game unbeaten streak from late September to Boxing Day turned the season around completely for me. I reached the summit for the first time with around 5 games to go and managed to hold on and win the league, despite an incredible drop in form resulting in taking just one point from the last three games of the season!

In the FA Cup I was eliminated in a disappointing manner with a very poor 3-0 defeat to Newport County. My strategy of all out attack also left me embarassed when Oxford United battered me, and they should have scored many more goals.

Transfers

As you can see a lot of players were signed, basically the whole team actually as what I had was very poor. This more than likely contributed to the slow start to the season but when the team gelled they were pretty impressive for the level.

vettel - Merthyr Tydfil - 2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier

Best Eleven

Media Prediction - 24th

League Table

An incredible season for me once again. A much more balanced tactic this season, but still plenty of games with goals. In fact we managed to score 4 or more goals in 9 games. A complete overhaul of the squad led to a slow start to the season, with only 10 points from the first 11 games. From the tenth game onward there was a gradual climb up the table, with again a long unbeaten streak after Christmas helping us to hang around the playoff zone. When we finally overtook Cambridge at the top of the table with around ten games left we held 1st place right until the end of the season as they declined. Once again though we didn't make it easy for ourselves and a defeat to Histon in the penultimate fixture meant that it went down to the last game of the season. All I had to realistically do was win the last game because of my superior goal difference, and we did so emphatically,denying Barnet a playoff place in the process. Histon would have needed to win 13-0 to take the league, but lost, leaving us as clear Champions by 3 points.

I was narrowly defeated 2-1 in the First Round of the FA Cup by Wrexham and was defeated 3-2 in the FA Trophy 2nd Round. I really need to up my performances in cup competitions for the next season as the revenue will be incredibly useful!

Transfers

As you can see I cleared out nearly the entire team from my first season. I managed to get vastly superior replacements by raiding the youngsters released on free's Premier League and Championship clubs. It should mean that I have to make minimal changes to the squad in the coming League Two campaign, which will help the finances a little. I was especially pleased with the following players, who were the key players for my team:

Guillem Bauza - Ever present up front with 18 goals and 15 assists from 37 games.
    Cody Arnoux - The best striker in the squad according to my assistant manager, he only managed 19 league games due to a broken leg that put him out for 8 months that he got during training of all places! Still, I was relatively pleased with his return of 8 goals and 6 assists in the league.
    Andras Simon - Released from Liverpool I had my doubts initially and he was a sub until Arnoux got injured. When Arnoux got injured he came into the team and was outstanding with 20 goals and 9 assists from 35 appearances
    Bob Malcolm - When I saw him I knew I had to sign him. A rock in the deep lying playmaker role, his experience and influence more than made up for his lack of pace. No goals and only 2 assists from 26 games, but his experience made him an excellent captain for a very young team.
    Roy O'Donovan - Hit a rich vein of form after Christmas and popped up with goals when the strikers were struggling to make a breakthrough. 13 goals and 6 assists from 40 appearances from the right of midfield was a brilliant return for the season.

Forgive the lack of ability to show squads, I've just gone past the 25th June in my third season so cannot get for either of the previous seasons. Now to brave the world of professional football in League Two!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    How goes it with Boston, Almondo? I saw a post at the top of the page that says your in the CL
    Just won the PL and lost in the CL final to Juventus

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just won the PL and lost in the CL final to Juventus
    Congratulations and unlucky at the same time. Hope you can grab the CL crown soon.

Semi Pro

Cheers Terk. I didn't expect either thing really and would have been fine with a top 4 and 3rd in the CL group stage. Anyway I'll post a full report later on.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    That's true. But I think the bug aspect of it is that the board would allow the building of a new stadium before making your current stadium all-seater, or at least moving you to another ground temporarily. There is no way a board would allow you to have a 500-1000 capacity when you are in the Premier league.
    Very, very frustrating this. Think i'll have to dump my game now

3 days I've spent on it too!

Youth Team

Hey Terk

Tiverton progress has stalled somewhat as uni work is cranking up a notch, and I just bought Final Fantasy 13

Amateur

You mean like this one?

I do indeed

Semi Pro

Boston united season 21 2030/31

League Table , Position Graph final position - 1st

The league was great for us. After missing out last year we didn't need to bring many players in and so just strengthened slightly. It seems to have done the trick as we spent most of the season sat at the top.

Cups

Community Shield

My first appearance in the Community Shield saw us face double winners Stoke for the first Silverware of the season. It was a close game that saw us run out 2-1 winners.

FA Cup

A good showing in the FA Cup getting to the final. Unfortunately Man City were too strong in the final

League Cup

Finally made the final.

Champions League

All I wanted was a good showing and maybe 3rd place in the group. However making the final was a great achievement for us. We then had a good showing against Juventus losing 1-0 in the final.

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this season has been James Farrell

Farrell has been great down the left chipping in with a few goals as well. He managed to stay mainly injury free after suffering a Cruciate injury last season and it showed.

Key Players

Melvin Volkers

Antonis Labakis

Stuart McArthur

Iain Mackay

Finances

I also recieved the Manager of the Year award.

Code:
    Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
    2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
    2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
    2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
    2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
    2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
    2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
    2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
    2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
    2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
    2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
    2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
    2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
    2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
    2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none
    2026/27       Coca Cola Championship     5th                      Lost in Playoff Semi Finals
    2027/28       Coca Cola Championship     1st                      Championship Champions 
    2028/29       Premier League             7th                      Qualified for the Europa League
    2029/30       Premier League             2nd                      Qualified for the Champions League
    2030/31       Premier League             1st                      Premier League and Carling Cup Winners

Other Winners
    Premier League - Boston Utd
    FA Cup - Man City
    Carling Cup - Boston Utd
    Champions League - Juventus
    Europa League - Athletico Madrid

Aims for next season

Strengthen the squad and try to take the CL title.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I do indeed
    Fever-pitch.net Carbon Logos

Think you have to register before you can download, but that is a thread for that style of logo. It includes England down to level 8. There's a HUGE megapack but they also link to the logos for each individual competition lower down the page if you don't want to have to download them all.

Amateur

I only want a standard Nuneaton logo

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I only want a standard Nuneaton logo
    You just want the Nuneaton logo I posted?

Nuneaton Logo
    Config File

I've edited the config.xml file down so that it only refers to the Nuneaton logo. Stick them in a folder and load them up and that Nuneaton logo should be in your game (let me know if it doesn't work). If you meant you wanted a different Nuneaton logo then I can't help you.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just fired my game up for a bit of late night action. When I left it a week or so ago we'd played five league games (won 4, lost 1, scored 20, conceded 11) and won our opening CL group match at Fenerbahce. Let's see if I can pick up where I left off.

Amateur

Thanks - I've now got some kind of logo ! heheh, still got the default one on the league table - but hey.. whatever :P

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Thanks - I've now got some kind of logo ! heheh, still got the default one on the league table - but hey.. whatever :P
    OK. Inside the folder you put the earlier logo I gave you, create a folder called 'small' and put these two files in it, then reload in the preferences menu, etc. It should give you the logo for the league table.

Nuneaton small logo
    Config file

FMS Moderator Emeritus

It's only a group stage game but Canvey 3 - 0 Real Madrid felt very good indeed

Sam Mills (the kid Arsenal snatched off me for £1.1M and I bought back for £12.75M five years later) is proving to be an excellent target man. He plays in the centre of my front three and brings my other two strikers into the game brilliantly. He's got six assists in eight starts so far.

Semi Pro

NIce game there Terk. Arsenal made a nice little profit off you didn't they??

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just a bit. Had to give them my really promising young goalkeeper as part exchange as well I was that determined to get Mills back

Congratulations on your season again, your finances are looking very healthy.

Semi Pro

It's amazing what a decent european campaign and league win can do for the old finances.

Semi Pro

Hmm interesting CL group here. Inter, PSV and M.Haifa

Amateur

I love the FA Cup during this challenge. There's little more satisfying in FM than knocking out the leaders of League Two in the first round of the FA Cup when you're in BSN.

Amateur

OK. Inside the folder you put the earlier logo I gave you, create a folder called 'small' and put these two files in it, then reload in the preferences menu, etc. It should give you the logo for the league table.

Nuneaton small logo
    Config file
    I don't suppose you know anywhere you could find that logo in FM10 spec so it won't ruin the nice, neat alignment of league tables?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyIzzyB13 View Post
    I don't suppose you know anywhere you could find that logo in FM10 spec so it won't ruin the nice, neat alignment of league tables?
    Swinburn to the rescue
    Nuneaton Logo

It's in a rar file so all you have to do is extract it into a Graphics folder and then reload the skin in your game

Amateur

On to my 3rd Champions League group game, I'm not sure I mentioned who was in the group, so...

Benfica, Roma, Panathinaikos, FC United.

Lost the first game to Benfica 3-1, before beating Roma 3-0

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Swinburn to the rescue
    Nuneaton Logo

It's in a rar file so all you have to do is extract it into a Graphics folder and then reload the skin in your game
    You're a star.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

It didn't mess up the league table alignment in my game

Semi Pro

Sutton United - 2012/13 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 2rd
    Final position: 1st

Final league table

Past positions graph

Finally! A good, solid season like this one could with the quality we had in the squad could only end with the title on the bag, and so it did. Despite some early hiccups, including Jabuti breaking a foot and missing the first five months of the competition, we got off to a decent start, and as soon as we took the lead we never let it go. The key to success was a small tweak in our flat 4-4-2 formation, going for a looser, less rigid style, and this paid off in the end.

The season wasn't as easy as the graph may make you think, though. At one point in early December Eastbourne Boro were only one point behind us, but a great run during the traditional Christmas Rush (for a change!) saw us opening a ten-point gap that was really comfortable and never shrinked until the end. Eastbourne sunk, even dropping from the playoff zone, and Eastleigh took the second place with ease in the end, only to fail in the playoffs again. Braintree, who were average at best throughout the season, snuck away with promotion after defeating Bath City in the playoff final.

---

FA Cup - The only real failure of the season. After two great runs in the preceding seasons, this time we could only manage to beat two teams before falling surprisingly against Weymouth in the 4th qualifying round.

FA Trophy - Better, but not as good as last year's final appearance. After some difficulties against Merthyr in the qualifying round, we grinded short victories against Grays, Hampton & Richmond and Histon before falling 2-1 at Forest Green in the 4th round. Not bad.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- James Keatings: A great sophomore season for the young forward, leading the squad in goals scored and second in assists. He carried us through Jabuti's injury, and still managed some good showings when the Spaniard returned to reclaim his starting role.

- Jabuti: He's back. Oh boy, is he back. He could only play in the second half of the season, but still managed seventeen goals and an outrageous thirteen assists in only twenty-five appearances. He's starting to lose some pace due to age, but he's still that good.

- Mansour Assoumani: Our first full international player, 30-year-old Assoumani played a few games for his home nation, Comores, some of them in awkward dates. He was rock solid at the back, complementing and helping Mantovani, who also had a much improved season. Besides, their surnames sound well together .

- Kevin Roberts: Another new signing, Roberts came to show Dawson how it's done on the ball-winning midfielder role. His stats aren't that impressive, but he was a rock in our midfield, stealing balls left and right and adding some key goals and assists. And, even more important, not getting sent off every now and then.

- Richie Baker: The biggest surprise of the season. After an average debut year, Baker was supposed to be Greenhalgh's backup on the right wing (with Christian Nanetti making the left side his own), but once again Greenhalgh was "only" good, while Baker had a breakout season, with twelve goals and eight assists to his name, and stole the starting role in the end.

---

Next season's goals

I'll one-up the usual "just survival" goals after a promotion, since this one was expected and a bit late. I'm aiming for top half minimum, maybe with a look at the playoff spots if the chance presents itself. The first goal, though, is fixing our pitch. Ugh. Money may be a problem, too: no good FA Cup run -> red numbers.

Career so far

Code:
    2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff final
    2011/12   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff semi-final, FA Trophy finalists
    2012/13   Blue Square South        1st         Promoted as champions
    Last edited by Dalbeider; 17-03-2010 at 10:58. Reason: Grammer iz gud

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Dalbeider won a trophy

Semi Pro

Dalbeider won a trophy

Isn't that the start of the Apocalypse?

Semi Pro

Isn't that the start of the Apocalypse?
    No, it's the end of the Apocalypse! Welcome to the end of the world, fellas.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I appear to have gone to the Kevin Keegan school of management since we won the Premier League title. Scored 28, conceded 16 in our 8 league matches so far We're top of the table though, so I'm happy enough. And Man Utd are yet to win this season, so looking like their 3rd relegation from the PL in 5 seasons

Semi Pro

Karma is catching up with me. Just signed a young Zambian left winger, and two days after joining one of my backup defenders injures him in training. Damaged cruciate ligaments, out for 8-10 months. Very funny, FM.

Amateur

It didn't mess up the league table alignment in my game
    Are all your logos in the same style?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Are all your logos in the same style?
    They are now but not when I first used that style. I just downloaded the Level 7 logos, and by that time I was in the Premier League, and the clubs in there were all of a different style. Those logos are designed for FM10, so I'm surprised it threw yours out of alignment

Amateur

Is there a .ddt file for patch 10.3.0?

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2035/36 & 2036/37

Unfortunately I had totally forgotten about keeping up with recording my career so for these two seasons I only have a selection of screenshots. I'll try and get the usual amount of screenies for the next season.

Long story short, I (during 2035) decided that like Dafuge is now trying, I would like to establish an entire squad of Dartford's own and have them challenge for honours.

And so the mission began...

I have sold a number of key players and pretty much every promising youth player that wasn't my own (big thanks to Man City for taking ALL of them off my hands.)

The only players I have kept are the veterans and the players who have a special relationship with the club. Unfortunately Tiaguinho after three seasons of wanting to leave, had bugged me enough and I got him sent off to Juventus for £20million.

I also managed to get back some of my promising youths who had moved on previously for good money. These are the only transfers I permitted into the club.

Transfers - 2035/36

The performances of the side began to slump almost immediately and in the first season (2035/36) we were pipped to the title by Birmingham of all teams. We did however find some positives from that season in that we beat Birmingham in the Carling Cup final and also managed to pick up the FA Cup trophy as well.

The next season (after more departures) seen us sitting around the 8th-4th spot for the nearly the entire but surprisingly enough we had a semi-decent run towards the end were we ended up closing in on 1st place Scunthorpe (..don't ask.) In the end Scuny pipped us by 3 points and we finished runners up yet again.

This year we did rubbish in every competition open to us.

Transfers - 3036/37

I'm really up for the challenge of getting these players up to the mark as currently Grgic and Karg (although I might sell the latter soon) are really dragging them through the mud.

This is the current squad and as you can see, potential or not, it's got a lot of work to do.

But I'm positive about it all. With the finances looking good as usual and having been named the greatest of all time finally, I can just sit back and see what happens.

---------------------------------------------

Internationally...

I failed with Spain big time as we crashed out of the Euro Play-offs to Portugal: Leg 1 Leg 2

As you can imagine..I'm starting to think international management just isn't for me.

I then got offered to Italy job again and I accepted it without even looking at the squad - when I did, I quit.

Then this summer (2037) Mother Russia came calling (always liked Russia for some reason) and I took over their team for their Confederations Cup campaign which we beat Argentina in the final on penalties.

---------------------------------------------

Club Career Overview

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

Challenge Complete

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup finalists
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CL finalists
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         PL runners up, Carling Cup Finalists, FA Cup Winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, Carling Cup Winners, CL Winners
    2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Finalists, CWC Winners, CL Winners
    2035/36   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners
    2036/37   Barclays Premier League  2nd         n/a
    International Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Nation                   Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hired by Brazil

2027/28   Brazil                   N/A
    2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

Sacked by Brazil

Hired by Italy

2030/31   Italy                    N/A

Resigned from Italy

Hired by Holland

2032/33   Holland                  Semi-Finalists in Confederations Cup

Resigned from Holland

Hired by Spain

2034/35   Spain                    N/A

2035/36   Spain                    Lost out to Portugal in the Euro play-offs

Resigned from Spain

Hired by Italy (again)

2035/36   Italy                    Upon quickly realising the Italy squad is worse than when I managed it before I decided to not bother

Resigned from Italy (again)

Hired by Russia

2037      Russia                   Winners of the Confederations Cup

Cambridge City 2013/2014 season review

I'm too gutted to do one.......... because of this

I'd hovered around the play-offs all season after my media prediction of 17th, and clinched a Play Off place with a game to spare.

So, it was Snackpot County at home - who I managed to beat 2-1 and then for the return leg at Edgeley Park.

As you can see, they raced into a 2-0 lead giving me an aggregate deficit of 3-2, when just after half time, we scored, levelling the tie.

There I was, all geared up for extra time when in the 4th minute of Fergie Time, they got and scored a penalty....... I was devastated!!

The cups - nothing to write home about.

All this as well as turning down the opportunity to be the manager of Hartlepool and Crewe Alex.

Next season - hoping for a promotion challenge (obviously), and a good goalscorer..... it was my lack of goals during the season that ultimately cost me, as my defence was pretty good.

Just before the end of the season, I signed Vincent Pericard on a free and he'll join me on July the first........ hopefully he'll be the answer.

My other MAJOR concern is my spiralling debt - almost £300k and our gate receipts are bobbins as we only get crowds of between 5-600

Amateur

How the hell is Dalbeider getting such good players at BSS level !

FMS Moderator Emeritus

How the hell is Dalbeider getting such good players at BSS level !
    He's a dastardly, horrible Spaniard. No one likes him

Amateur

Better players than I have in League 1

Amateur

I downloaded a superpack in the end by the way Terk, thanks for the help. All logo'd up now!

Amateur

Fairly new here and decided to give this challenge a whirl for something a little different....

So yeah, hoping for succes with the mighty Ashton Utd!!

(On a side note, anyone know why my rep is Local when everyone elses is usually Unproven?)

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by shaneramone View Post
    Is there a .ddt file for patch 10.3.0?
    You just use the DDT file provided

Part-Timer

My internet has been down for 2 weeks so its taken me ages to catch up.
    Well done to those who have got promotion in their leagues and to Terk and Almondo who are in touching distance of completing the challenge.

Amateur

I think it's about time I dusted this game off, download the newest patch, and give this challenge one last try.

Damn you World of Warcraft, taking up so much of my time

Amateur

Ouch. Reality bites.

First Team Regular

First Team Regular

Ouch. Reality bites.
    Look at it this way, you won the second half

Semi Pro

I can see why you were chuckling at that one. It is pretty funny.

Semi Pro

I've just lost my first game since being in charge of Truro.........11-0
    It was in the third round proper of the FA Cup against Wolves and we're still in the BSS

Amateur

Gentlemen, I have a quandary.

After a fairly hectic schedule, I decided to rest my first team with a home game against Rotherham in the JPT on the horizon (we're in L1, they in L2). My second string hammer them 5-1, showing impressive composure in front of goal and motivation too. Only...it was a league game (Rotherham flitting just above relegation, I later found out...), and it was our best performance this season by miles!

So...what do I do?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Thank the Gods that you didn't get hammered and don't push your luck a second time

Third Team

So gonna see about starting this up again tomorrow. Think I'm in October now. Youth facilities upgraded to adequate and am in the top half of the league. Found myself leaking money now by buying one too many players than needed. Planning to sell some players next year though to make room for some of my youngsters. Players getting used to the formation change and I'm still in touching distance and all competitions so by the time the staidum upgrade is completed next game month I expect us to be on a steady stream of results expecting some financial boost from the extra 10k+ seats.
    I think I have Copa America with Brazil next year. Been playing some friendlies against fodder opposition to try out some players who've been performing well at domestic level. Will ramp up the difficulty level soon though in an aim to test out who's ready for the challenge of being Wordl Cup and Copa America winners. The next season update will be then and hopefully the new facilities will bring through more youth quality. That's the plan now that I'm established. To buy in and bring through yong players who're ready for the Prem. Will still have to keep a lot of the established guys I have but expecting to trim some vets as I have enough players entering their prime and the bench will be for youth now.

First Team Regular

My stadium can never be expanded /o\

First Team Regular

Come on guys, post some updates, I don't want to put in 3 end of season reports in the same page

Semi Pro

Hopefully my first season update will be up some time later today!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I have an inordinate amount of love for the times when your players dominate the Player of the Month award.

Right now (forum curse be damned) we're on course to hold onto our title, we've only dropped five points in the first fifteen games of the season, we've scored fifty two goals in those games, and after leaking like a sieve early in the season we've tightened up the defence as well. We've qualified from our CL group with a game to spare and we're into the quarter finals of the League Cup. All going well so far.

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2044/45

Last season was a big year for the all-T&M squad as they got back to winning ways with a major European trophy in the Europa League. This year we were looking to win one of the big ones, the Premier League and the Champions League.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

This was a superb achievement as our league form finally returned to help us win the title. The decline of Stoke helped us but Spurs and Watford provided us the challenge.

UEFA Super Cup - a convincing win over a good Juventus side.

Carling Cup - we looked set to retain the trophy as we charged towards the final. Things didn't quite go to plan as we conceded an early goal, but a late equaliser put us back on track, only for our goalie to put it into his own net in injury time.

FA Cup - another cruel cup loss as it looked like taking the game to a replay would be good enough to see us through.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was routine stuff, although the opening game was a bit of a shock. After losing 2-1 at home to Juventus in the semi final, it looked over. When we went away and went 1-0 down it looked definitely over. I threw the kitchen sink at them at it paid off, with two late goal to take it to extra time. We held off, looking for penalties when this happened.

Squad - a few injuries this year has meant plenty of players got a chance. The attacking midfield unit is still weak but with good strikers we are now managing to score.

Key Player Profiles:

Geoff Bowles - after 14 years at the club he's decided to move on, joining Barcelona for £7m.

Paul Moran - he top scored for the club but seems to lack the fitness to play every game.

Julian Cockerill - almost a forgotten man, he had a great goal return this year.

Craig Sills - without him we would be no where, he had a great year.

George Fry - another key player, I'd worry if he got injured.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
    2042/43   Barclays Premier League  5th         Club World Cup winners
    2043/44   Barclays Premier League  2nd         Carling Cup and Europa League winners
    2044/45   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and Carling Cup finalists
    Next Season

The title this year was a bit of a shock and I'm not convinced how easy it will be to repeat it next year. Obviously the Champions League was a disappointment, but at least we know we are capable of doing well in it.

Semi Pro

Dafuge, how did you manage to get three columns in your match view screen? That's awesome!

World Cup Winner

[Mod] Custom Split Views Mod for FM2010

Here it is, thanks to the clever people in the skinning forum

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfil Premiership 2032/33

Table

Positions

League Cup - Finalists
    FA Cup - 5th Rd

I started the league campaign fairly well without hitting the heights i expected. However by october it had all fallen apart as the senior players turned in some really awful performances and i slid down the league. My form picked up after xmas as i picked some of the younger players in the team but i stayed in midtable and way off the european places. The problems were caused by so many players wanting to leave for a bigger club and the morale suffered as a result.
    I put out a mixture of reserves and first teamers in the league cup and they reached the final before being outclassed by Man City 1-0.
    In the FA cup i had lost 2-1 to Man City only 2 weeks before the league cup final.
    My form in the CL was very different as i was generally strong in most matches.
    With a tough group of Bayern, Nantes and Sporting i topped the group after 2 draws against Bayern. In the first knockout round a 3-0 home win was enough to get past Marseille. I easily went past Benfica and was surprisingly comfortable against Arsenal in the semi's when i could have won by more.
    Run to Final

I faced Bayern again this season and the final was another very tight affair with the only goal in the 89th minute.

Transfers

My only major purchases were Marini as the fourth striker and Joyce as a promising right back, signed from under Liverpools nose as they hadn't offerered him a FT contract as he had only come though a few weeks earlier. A few reserve players left, Victor was 3rd choice left back and not really near the team. Perez had been displaced as backup by Joyce and was sold. Ramos and Antonio were also surplus.

Colwill came through the youth ranks as a good prospect.

Squad

Mucked up the player screens so they are from dec of the following season, some attributes have changed for a few players and stats are different. This is the squad that generally played for the CL winning season and the title winning season the year before.

Paulinho and Hadland shared the goalie position between them depending on their form.

Hagelstein has been long serving although his form was indifferent and Joyce played a lot in the mid part of the season.

Djokic had been my first choice left back the season before but his form was so bad he played only a few games after oct, Bartolini took over with great affect.

In the centre Osbourne and Stojanovic are the main men with Castillo showing his age and relegated to a backup player.

In midfield Francisco and Hernandez started as my first choice pair but Hernandez was poor and was replaced by Villalba. Bianchini declined badly over the season to become 5th choice, Andre was the other backup.

On the right Aslan was immense, Rivera filled in when Aslan was unavailable.

On the left Nogueira showed inconsistant form and Morris showed real improvement when he wasn't injured, Morris is the only player to come though my youth team.

Up front the strikers have been really disappointing, De La Fuente was the best of them, Sergio and Abraham struggled and Marini came in to be first choice for the second half of the season and score the challenge completing goal .

Star Player - Very easy, although not rated my best player Aslan was miles above the rest averaging 7.5

Code:

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
    2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
    2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
    2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
    2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
    2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
    2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
    2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
    2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
    2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
    2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
    2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
    2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
    2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
    2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
    2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
    2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
    2032/33   Premiership                   10th        CL Winners

-------------------------Challenge Complete------------------------------
    Last edited by Thebaker; 20-03-2010 at 15:26.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast