+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,300 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Yeah I can understand that Terk. I must admit that when it did it on me and I was halfway through the season I seriously considered giving up and starting again as I had a season going where I hadn't lost a game and I had to go right back to the first game of the season.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

\o/ Canvey lives \o/

After patching to 10.3 I figured I'd have one last go at opening my Canvey save and, lo and behold, it's there in all it's Premier League glory. No idea what the smeg happened, but the important thing is that I'm back up and running.

Jordan, I've got five saves to upload to your thread, I'll do that in the morning

Amateur

EDIT: NM, Good to see you saved the team Terk

I'm going to have to start again unfortunately as my hard drive went totally kaput and needed binning, which is why I haven't posted any updates for a while New patch I suppose, but what a total pain in the proverbial.
    Last edited by aeropaus; 02-03-2010 at 03:44.

Semi Pro

Nice to see Canvey lives Terk.

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Nice Terk, glad to see you made it through alive haha. I just finished my first season in the BSP with Tonbridge. Update will be done within the next day.

Amateur

Here we go again then... think I'll save the file to a USB stick this time just in case.

Meet Victor Death, manager of Oxford City.

Decided to go BSN this time, Oxford City is a bit interesting anyway since it's an older club than its bigger brother in the BSP, but it's never gotten anywhere. A lower reputation than Hastings was, and a smaller ground too will make it a bit of a challenge.

Here's hoping it goes as well as my Hastings save did (except the HD dying when you're established in the Premiership part, obviously ).

Semi Pro

love the manager name aero. Unlucky about your HD dying on you.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    love the manager name aero. Unlucky about your HD dying on you.
    HD was ruddy irritating, just started making all these grinding noises so obviously well and truly deceased unfortunately.

I'm sure some of you have already met him, but I hadn't so imagine my shock when I realised I have a 50 year old goalkeeper! I somehow doubt he will be on the books for too much longer

Semi Pro

I think I'll get my save onto my Portable HD later. Just in case.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

I'm going to start again with patch 3 being out - managing Boston Utd.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    \o/ Canvey lives \o/

After patching to 10.3 I figured I'd have one last go at opening my Canvey save and, lo and behold, it's there in all it's Premier League glory. No idea what the smeg happened, but the important thing is that I'm back up and running.

Jordan, I've got five saves to upload to your thread, I'll do that in the morning
    First rule of computers: if it doesn't work, restart and try again . Glad to see Canvey still alive and kickin'

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    The 24th June save for the Dafuge Challenge 10.3 Starter's is now up.
    Awesome, cheers.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

OK, this is worrying. The 4-3-3 I've developed to reasonable success looks like it has been made completely redundant by the ME changes in 10.3

A lot of hard work ahead

Youth Team

OK, this is worrying. The 4-3-3 I've developed to reasonable success looks like it has been made completely redundant by the ME changes in 10.3

A lot of hard work ahead
    Had me worried there for a minute with the whole save corrupting thing, wonder why it worked in 10.3?

I'm slightly worried that 10.3 will make Maggio rubbish or something so I kept a copy of the 10.2 save just in case that happens - just about to play the Community Shield now, c'mon Villa, let's 'ave it :mad:

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Had me worried there for a minute with the whole save corrupting thing, wonder why it worked in 10.3?

I'm slightly worried that 10.3 will make Maggio rubbish or something so I kept a copy of the 10.2 save just in case that happens - just about to play the Community Shield now, c'mon Villa, let's 'ave it :mad:
    No idea why it worked again, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I have rolling autosave turned on now

Played three games since patching. Heavy loss, fluked draw against nine men, heavy loss. And that was after having had a really good start to the season. Need to go back over those games and have a real look at what's going wrong, otherwise we could be in for a disaster of a season.

Part-Timer

Well here we go again... I have taken control of Merthyr Tydfil! (Manager profile) A club I know well from my epic FM09 Dafuge's challenge career. Hopefully I can find similar success this time around!

Semi Pro

*Smacks self*. Three weeks into the game, and I discover/remember that I hadn't used the .ddt file nor the optional "retain players from top clubs" thing, which I always want on. So, third restart in three days , and I'm back to Sutton United.

Terk, please infract me if I restart again, kthx.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Right. Problem solved! New saves are now up with all players. Anybody wanting Canvey, it will be up by 12:30.

New, improved Dafuge's Challenge Starter Saves

Amateur

\o/ Canvey lives \o/

I got a load last night, so if you have any that I don't have, Sweet!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just looked through and all the ones that I've got are already up. I'll cycle through some more reloads this evening for you, see if I can get anything different. Every single time I get Nuneaton, and almost every time I get Merthyr.

Amateur

It's nearly always Nuneaton and either Boston, Bedford, Cambridge, Hednesford or Guiseley for me in the BSN. And Dartford, Maidstone, Tonbridge, Truro, Farnborough and Merthyr in the BSS. Although I have just got Nantwich.

Amateur

Back on the FC United game for a bit, missed it too much. Just beat Wycombe 2-0, resulting in the sacking of their manager... I feel bad...

Amateur

Our finances may be getting some help this season due to a run to the 2nd round of the FA Cup... (hopes for big name)

EDIT: Blackpool (12th in L1) away is the draw though

Part-Timer

An unspectacular, but solid pre-season with Merthyr has been livened slightly by the realisation that my best penalty taker is my goalkeeper. Should make for some interesting moments!

Amateur

Just had a string of brilliant results. Forced Wigan to a replay (actually, other way round Wigan forced us to a replay as we were 2-0 up) with a 2-2 result away in the FA Cup 1st round. In the 2nd leg, Pawel Abbott gave us the win with his 56th minute goal, followed by some brilliant defending from our lads. After this, we came back from 2-0 down at half time, to beat Luton 4-2, with Ben 'Gronaldo' Greenhalgh scoring a hat trick. Carlisle next, hoping to keep the run up

Amateur

Our first defeat of any kind this season, away to Blackpool in the cup, coincided with my first job offer; that being of League 1 Southampton. Rejected of course but nice to see my work isn't going unnoticed

Part-Timer

I can't face going back two seasons to the start of our life in the Premier League. If I'd had one from this past summer (when last I played I was 10 games into the new season) then it would have been no question, I'd have replayed those games, but two seasons is too much to face.
    why did the save corrupt, was it a parsing error, i had this and i followed the advice on a thread to correct it.

Edit: good to see you saved your game, lets hope for some positive progress this season.
    Last edited by Thebaker; 02-03-2010 at 16:13.

Semi Pro

\o/ Canvey lives \o/

Wonderful news!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    An unspectacular, but solid pre-season with Merthyr has been livened slightly by the realisation that my best penalty taker is my goalkeeper. Should make for some interesting moments!
    Yeah especially if he misses one.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Stadium expansion completed, taking my capacity from 16,707 to 25,060. First game is against Everton, and the crowd is 15,559 Talk about wasted space

Amateur

Stadium expansion completed, taking my capacity from 16,707 to 25,060. First game is against Everton, and the crowd is 15,559 Talk about wasted space
    I'm sure it will get filled eventually...

Talking about strange things; the FA Cup 3rd round this season is being played on New Year's Eve instead of the first week in January

I think when I finish this season I will start all over again, but within this game. If I want to do that, can I fire the coach who is at that club? I could change my mind later on, because I am just in September atm but still, won everything there is to win with Guiseley. And having a team with only Guiseley players is gonna take min. 20 years imo.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by midgetram View Post
    I'm sure it will get filled eventually...

Talking about strange things; the FA Cup 3rd round this season is being played on New Year's Eve instead of the first week in January
    I've had that once before, faced Aston Villa in the 3rd round at the end of December rather than the start of January.

Part-Timer

just played my first game on the new patch and the ref was card crazy, i had 6 yellows and 3 reds, the opp had 7 yellows, unsurprisingly i lost the match.
    Has anyone else had similar experiences on the new patch.

Amateur

I don't want to be cursing anything; but does anyone else think we're too good for this league?

Say hello to 'bad luck' from now on midgetram ;)

but looks very promissing!

Semi Pro

midgetram you do know about the forum curse don't you??

But it does look pretty promising

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Say hello to 'bad luck' from now on midgetram ;)

but looks very promissing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    midgetram you do know about the forum curse don't you??

But it does look pretty promising
    I do know of the curse, hence why I waited until I played my run of games against the teams in the top 8, had 5 in a row , before posting it...

Saying that I just drew 1-1 with Lewes despite having 8 clear cut chances

Semi Pro

FC United - Blue Square North - Season 2011 - 2012:

The League:

The league season started and after just two games, already I had fears of "not again" as we took the lead in both games and in the first game even going 2-0 up before only being able to take a point from each match. We soon recovered and settled down with 3 straight wins after that.

Just like usual, you look to have things sorted, then 2 losses in a row put us back down into 7th place, early injury problems were setting in and finding our best team had also possibly become a problem. We didn't really bounce back and by the start of december, found ourselves hovering around the play off-spots in 7th place.

December however bought new hope, 7 games in one month, 5 wins and 2 draws helped us move into the top 3 and really show us up as serious contenders in the league. We kept that unbeaten record until early january, a series of 9 games before losing a game with an injury hit team.

Injuries were our biggest issue as after a 9 game unbeaten run, including 6 wins, we lost our next 3 games. It came down to the fact, we lost two loan signings who had 3 month deals and had 5 injuries, 4 midfielders and a striker. We had 7 midfielders at the time and played mainly a 4-5-1 so obviously we found it difficult and struggled to put a team out let alone get any decent results.

By february though, I completed the £100k signing (in installments) of our 3 month loan signing from Charlton who played central midfielder and with players returning from injury, we found our form with a decent run of games, 6 wins and 2 draws from our next 8 games saw us move above the slipping Nantwich into the top of the league.

We had 8 games left at that point and we're top of the league by 1 point. For some reason, our form just dipped, we lost 2/3 players to injury and a tough, hard run of games meant we picked up just 2 wins in 8 games. Despite this terrible run of form, we only lost out by 3 points to the title which shows had we even shown average form, we'd of won the title comfortably, however it wasn't to be and we settled for 2nd place.

Away to Telford in the play-off first leg, a 0-1 loss, a poor performance and a sense of having to do everything all over again next year, however we bounced back, securing a 2-1 win on the night to take the game to penalties where Dorian Smith scored the winning penalty to send us through to the final against Altrincham who had finished 3rd.

The Final was a cracking match and after dominating the match and going down to 10 men due to injury after making all 3 subs, we went down in extra-time in the second half. At that moment, I thought we had lost it. I played one centre-back, wing back's, wingers, 2 central midfielders and 2 strikers, we went for it and it payed off with the Lindfield goal which sent the game like the semi-final, to penalties. An early miss from Altrincham meant the game was in our hands and we made no mistakes as Luke Nightingale finished the last penalty to send us up into the Conference Premier!!

League Table

The Squad:

Top 5 players:

Gerard Kinsella - Well, although his stats on the performances won't show it, he was brilliant for us, for those 8 games and also a 3 month loan spell where he scored 4 and created 6 goals in the other 13 games he played for us. Solid central midfielder and a very good player.

Greg Young - Our best defender, a close call between him and Harris (his partner) but Young, named as captain as the start of the season produced some epic displays and when we needed him most, he was always there.

James Wallace - Unlucky to miss out on a higher place but with his ability and in the free-role, his performances weren't too suprising as he was the heart beat of most of our attacks scoring and creating goals for fun.

Robert McCormick - Our top scorer, started the season out the side but soon bought him in with his added pace and movement and despite the low finishing rating, he was anything but fustrating as he started smashing the goals in at key times for us throughout the season.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5753/noone.png - Well a fantastic player and although his rating doesn't show it, my personal player of the year. Played in a deeper role, more defensive yet still managed to create and score as many goals as he did. Great season.

Finances:

Weren't looking all that great to be fair but the play-off's definately helped as our finances moved from £60k to £120k+. Still making money off season ticket holders which next year will only rise while more ticket sales but unfortunately the wages will also rise so hopefully things will be fairly tight and we can remain in the money instead of the red!

Semi Pro

Midgetram - How are you so good

Amateur

In the 3rd round of the FA Cup, we've got either Preston or Swindon at home. Should be fun.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The-Perfect-Fm'er! View Post
    Midgetram - How are you so good
    By buying players who specifically fit my tactic. For example, buying wingers who have good pace and crossing and my DM having less pace but good tackling and so forth. Tbh, we were beating teams 4-0, 5-0 at times last season, just this season we're doing it on a consistent basis.

Congrats on the promotion though
    Last edited by midgetram; 02-03-2010 at 18:18.

Youth Team

Well having tired slightly of my Merthyr save when 10.3 proved to not hinder our domination at all, I'm starting again.

Tiverton Town this time... should be interesting!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on promotion, TPF. Maybe you're not such a train wreck at this game after all

Amateur

By buying players who specifically fit my tactic. For example, buying wingers who have good pace and crossing and my DM having less pace but good tackling and so forth. Tbh, we were beating teams 4-0, 5-0 at times last season, just this season we're doing it on a consistent basis.

Congrats on the promotion though
    However it's currently dying on you a bit.

Tbh though, at least you're not losing them, unlike me ¬¬

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good to see another Canvey manager doing well, midgetram And a damn sight better than I did at that level; I've come up through the leagues without winning a single cup or league title. Hence why, despite having Canvey mid table in the Premier League, I'm not even on the favoured personnel list

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Here's my profile, new 10.3 game with Tiverton

Youth Team

Well having tired slightly of my Merthyr save when 10.3 proved to not hinder our domination at all, I'm starting again.

Tiverton Town this time... should be interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by hassebasse80 View Post
    Here's my profile, new 10.3 game with Tiverton
    :mad: copycat!

Just kidding, good to see someone else doesn't mind slumming it in the West Country ;)

FMS Moderator Emeritus

:mad: copycat!
    There's clearly only one thing to do. Race!

Youth Team

There's clearly only one thing to do. Race!
    My busy busy degree schedule says he'll win

Although I could perhaps compete on in-game time

Semi Pro

I hate conference. First game of season, away at Accrington, 1-1.....I've had 5 clear cut chances, woodwork 4 times. 14 shots overall. They've had 8 shots, 1 clear cut chance. Then 30 yarder in injury time, it hits the bar and goes in for them

I'm back to useless. Well my strikers to be fair.

Amateur
    The harsh Lincolnshire wilderness. Up the Iron, and come on you Sheriffs.

Unbelievable. Away at Gateshead, 21st in the division, they take a 1st minute lead through quite a good finish, Francis belting in a free kick from 35 yards. Keatings and Herd get us in front, before Brittain equalises with a tidy finish. Keatings grabs another on the counter, but Francis lets fly with another 35 yard free kick for them just before the second half is up, 3-3. Second half, chances galore for both teams before we reach the last minute...and Gateshead are awarded a free kick. From 35 yards. Francis steps up, and like all the other ones so far, he rifles it, and like the ones before, it crashes in off the bar. 4-3.

There are no words available...

Amateur

TPF...I know your a season ahead of me but this is my Robert McCormick. Surely his stats wouldn't have changed that much over a season?!

Semi Pro

Nunnother, that is a very nice Robert McCormick, 11 finishing!

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Well, 4 losses in 4 games, it'll be interesting to see how long they keep hold of me

Amateur

Nunnother, that is a very nice Robert McCormick, 11 finishing!
    He might look good on screen, but for some reason I can't get him to score his 3 goals all came in 1 game, and he hasn't exactly set the BSS alight! How did you play him when he was a neast for you?

Amateur

Took 10 games in the league after I posted the table, I finally get defeated. 1-0 at home to Chelmsford who only had 1 shot on target in the whole match, in the 89th minute :mad:

EDIT: I have already got myself a playoff spot mind so it isn't all bad news
    Last edited by midgetram; 02-03-2010 at 20:44.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnother View Post
    He might look good on screen, but for some reason I can't get him to score his 3 goals all came in 1 game, and he hasn't exactly set the BSS alight! How did you play him when he was a neast for you?
    Well used him as a complete striker on his own. Although, high attacking...high closing down (fit style of play...) but then everyone else, I had in the middle and also wideplay was normal.

He started slowly for me though!

Amateur

Well used him as a complete striker on his own. Although, high attacking...high closing down (fit style of play...) but then everyone else, I had in the middle and also wideplay was normal.

He started slowly for me though!

Hmm i play him similarly to you...maybe he was starting slow for me! Doesn't help he just went and got injured for 6 weeks I need him back quick to score goals, because nobody else wants to!

Amateur

After beating Preston 1-0 in the cup, we had an away game against Sheff Wednesday in the 4th round.

We forced them to a replay at home with a 0-0 result

Amateur

Oh ****. If I beat Sheff Wednesday at home, I will then host.......

Chelsea!

Amateur

With the 10.3 patch now out. Im going to give this challenge another shot.

Here's my Manager Profile.

Amateur

The board have asked for safe mid table position. The media are predicting 14th placed finish. So no pressure then, let the transfer mayhem begin.

Semi Pro

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Greasy Chip Butty View Post
    Right, 10.3 is here and I'm ready to go with this challenge now. Here is my manager profile: Chip Butty, the new manager of Canvey Island - I seem to have plenty to live up to with Terk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake_85 View Post
    With the 10.3 patch now out. Im going to give this challenge another shot.

Here's my Manager Profile.
    Good luck to you both

Season update from me should be up tonight, providing photobucket stops messing around and only upoloading half of my screenshots that I ask it to do :mad:

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I am sick and tired of watching my 'keeper flap at every cross or corner that comes near him. Seriously, he makes Gomes look like Peter Schmeichel in that aspect of the game. In every other area my keeper is brilliant, one of the best shot stoppers I've ever had in the game and his distribution is superb, but we're conceding so many goals because he couldn't catch a cold. Hopefully I can get some decent cash for him in the summer and replace him with someone who has even a modicum of aerial ability.

Amateur

thanks very much

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dalbeider View Post
    Is it a sign that I need to get out more that as soon as I saw how many he'd scored I pronounced his name 'Ya beauty'?

Semi Pro

Is it a sign that I need to get out more that as soon as I saw how many he'd scored I pronounced his name 'Ya beauty'?
    Funny thing is, he's Spanish, I'm Spanish, and I'm... not exactly sure how the heck I should pronounce that name . Spanish nicknames are so absurd sometimes...

Semi Pro

Terk - I had the exact same problem, luckily I found a new keeper and have conceded 10 in 13 this season which is decent enough considering just got promoted.

Nice Dalbeider! His name rhymes with Subuteo (without the o on the end!). Sorta. Okay no, it's just me.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Man City clearly going to win a seventh straight title this season and I'm not even at half way. What is this, the ****ing SPL?

Semi Pro

I think its about time i had a go at this, having done this in all the versions up to now. Won't start tonight, but think i'll be embarking soon.

I'll post as soon as i load up and get underway!

Amateur

Canvey Island 2011/12 Report - BSS
    goals, goals, goals

With us coming so close to promotion last season, losing in the playoff semi in extra time for those who don't remember, there was optimism around the club that a push for promotion could be on the cards. The media, negative as usual, saw us falling back to mid-table; viewing last season as a fluke. Our pre-season odds were at 40-1, strange given our added experience and stronger squad than last season.

League - Positions -

We started with a bang; winning 9 out of our first 10 games by 2 goals or more. Kevin Keegan may have liked the philosophy of "you score 3, we score 4"; but the Canvey approach this seson was almost "you score 1, we score 4... just to make sure ;)"

In fact it took to the last game in November, to our nemesis from last year Dartford, for us to drop ANY points in the league; a 1-1 draw away from home. Draws away to Lewes and at home to Newport and Farnborough in January were the start of our minor wobble, courtesy of the 'forum curse', before disaster struck at the beginning of March. A 1-0 defeat at home to local rivals Chelmsford, via a 89th minute winner, was the end of our unbeaten run in the league.

With the pressure of an unbeaten season of our backs, we started going back to our early season form; beating the likes of Havant 5-1, Dartford and Bishop Stortford 4-1 and Maidenhead a record 9-1, the title was wrapped up with many games to spare.

Final league table ended up with a record number of points and goals scores for the league

I also took part in my 100th game in charge during this league campaign... a 25 yard stunner by my RB saved a 2-2 draw at Eastleigh

Cups
    FA Cup
    2nd quali rd - Braintree 1-3 Canvey Island
    3rd quali rd - Canvey Island 5-1 Workington
    4th quali rd - Canvey Island 5-2 Billericay (nothing like a big win in the cup over your fiercest rivals)
    1st rd - Canvey Island 5-0 Merthyr
    2nd rd - Blackpool 3-0 Canvey Island

A easy draw by anybody's standards saw us easily through to the 2nd round. They were just too clinical on the day; though it was still a poor performance on our behalf

FA Trophy
    3rd quali rd - Canvey Island 7-2 Bromley
    1st rd - Canvey Island 9-0 Ebbsfleet (of the BSP )
    2nd rd - Canvey Island 3-1 Welling
    3rd rd - Cambridge Utd 0-0 Canvey Island
    3rd rd replay - Canvey Island 3-1 Cambridge United
    4th rd - Canvey Island 0-0 Oxford United
    4th rd replay - Oxford United 4-0 Canvey Island

3rd BSP side unlucky for us, although we had our chances in the home leg and really should've came away from the replay with a better scoreline than what we did...

Squad (1)(2) I actually can't remember using all of my players this season, apart from my sub keeper who I know I didn't use but oh well. I don't think I need many additions in the summer, just replace anyone who leaves really...

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)
    2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne
    2011/12 - Chris Todd (1)(2) - Easily not the most obvious choice, but he was the only outfield player to be an ever present this season. New vice-captain as well plus his 9 goals this season easily qualifies him for the award

Transfers - No money exchanged once again, not like I had any available in the first place...

Finances - More money lost... I dare to think what it would be like without any of my cup runs this season. Especially after the board intervened with their first cash injection

Confidence - Board continue to be impressed by me... especially after I keep declining interest in L2 clubs when they become available

History
    2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals
    2011/12 - BSS: 1st

The Trophy Cabinet
    Blue Square South - 2011/12

Semi Pro

Got a FA Cup Quarter final coming up against Liverpool at Anfie... sorry I mean Rush Stadium.

Amateur

Good season midge, Hopefully your team can make the step up! Tho i think you'll already have ebbslfleet shaking! Don't suppose i can borrow a few of those extra goals, its not like your need a +88 GD!!

Amateur

Oh my god. We are going to The Bridge!

2-2 draw against Chelsea. Annoying thing is we went in the lead... twice!

But a replay at Stamford Bridge.... Cha-Ching!

EDIT - We also sold out that game. 11840 attendance. £220k gate receipts. Score!
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 03-03-2010 at 00:03.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnother View Post
    Good season midge, Hopefully your team can make the step up! Tho i think you'll already have ebbslfleet shaking! Don't suppose i can borrow a few of those extra goals, its not like your need a +88 GD!!
    Ebbsfleet were in relegation trouble last time I had a look at the BSP, so not sure whether I'll get to play them again next year.

As for the goals... well whats winning the league without sending a message to everyone else while you're at it. It does also overshadow our impressive defensive record though so I suppose I could send a couple your way if there were such a way...

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That is an utterly stunning season, midgetram Brilliant work

I'm 16 games into the season and in 5th on 28 points, so we're on track to beat last season's 51 point haul at least. Maybe even an outside shot at a run for the Europa League spots.

Amateur

Ebbsfleet were in relegation trouble last time I had a look at the BSP, so not sure whether I'll get to play them again next year.

As for the goals... well whats winning the league without sending a message to everyone else while you're at it. It does also overshadow our impressive defensive record though so I suppose I could send a couple your way if there were such a way...
    If only... Just the thought may have helped, i scored 3 in 1 game, altho i also conceded 3 but then scored 6 in my game after, altho that was in the FA trophy! Good news is McCormick came back from injury, and has ended his 617 min goal drought...Bad news is he then got injured for 3 weeks along with my goalie who is out for 6 Why does FM not want me to succeed!!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just played against West Ham. The last 15 minutes were basically one massive highlight reel after both teams had a man sent off. We were already 3-0 up so they were piling everyone forward and we retaliated in kind. We won 4-0

I just watched through the highlights again. At 70 minutes there had been 12 shots on goal in the match. By 75 minutes there had been two red cards. By full time there had been 26 shots on goal Utterly mental.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I've got the same thing again this season. The second time its happened in my game. I was a bit disappointed when we got drawn against Fulham, until I realised that Fulham are now in League 1

FMS Moderator Emeritus

More important than anything else happening in my game right now though is that Man Utd are in the relegation zone and face the very real prospect of going down from the PL for the second time in three seasons Whilst Liverpool are top of the Championship and looking like bouncing straight back.

Amateur

Bit of an off-topic question. But as a Man City fan, is it bad that this FC United game is making me take a real shine to them?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

No, but it is wrong that anyone is a City fan

Amateur

Oooooh, Burnnn

FMS Moderator Emeritus

In all seriousness though, I'm a Liverpool fan and I've got a lot of time for FC United. A group of fans disenchanted with what was happening at their club and doing something about it, I can definitely sympathise with and respect that. And I've not even managed them in FM

Amateur

Which poses the question, where is Liverpool's equivalent?

And what would it be called?

Bit of an off-topic question. But as a Man City fan, is it bad that this FC United game is making me take a real shine to them?
    I'm a City fan too bud and I came sooooooooooooo close to managing FC utd before plumping for Cambridge City........ or should that be Cambridge Citeh??!!

Now that 10.3 is out I'm dead tempted to start again..... possibly with FC

Amateur

Got an FC United save on the thread in my sig, all ready and waiting ;)

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Which poses the question, where is Liverpool's equivalent?

And what would it be called?
    To an extent AFC Liverpool fulfil that. They were set up by fans who felt they had been priced out of going to see Premier League football. I guess the biggest difference between AFC and FCUM is that AFC actually seem to have a pretty decent relationship with LFC.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Got an FC United save on the thread in my sig, all ready and waiting ;)
    When I was having to start again I was trying to get FCUM on a reload to have a shot with them. They might have to wait until dafuge's FM11 challenge now

Back on topic a little, just picked up a kid who looks very good for a 16 year old. Radim Pokorny. Clearly he has to work on his fitness, and his off the ball and positioning stats are a little worrying, but the best judge of talent on my coaching team rates him at 3.5/5 in terms of potential, so I'm fairly excited about him.

Amateur

Yes, back to the topic lol. He does look pretty impressive, and at 16 too! He could probably slot into the the squad now for you, albeit with the low fitness.

On my game, the news item says it all

"FC United face the impossible"

Chelsea, at Stamford Bridge, without Kirby, O'Brien, Greenhalgh, or Alan Power. And I can't play Martin Smith due to him not being able to play in cups.

At least I'll get richer from it.

What's the predictions?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I'll go for 5-1 to Chelsea.

It did feel strange in my recent league match with Canvey being firm favourites in a game against Man Utd. Can't see that situation ever arising in real life

Semi Pro

I'm going for a 5-0 to Chelsea

Amateur

Almondo was closest.

4-0.

Although strangely, we gave away a penalty in the 94th minute, and the ref blew for full time.

Amateur

But, the important thing is, I made it to the 5th round of the FA Cup, when I was expected 1st. Took Chelsea to a replay and sold out at our stadium.

The attendance for that game was 39659. I think I'll be rolling in money after that

Semi Pro

Were the fans disappointed with teh result??

Amateur

Yep. They felt we didn't create enough chances. Although pleased we got as far as we did.

Jumped from 1.3m to 1.9m from that game

Watch me go out in the first round next year -_-

Semi Pro

Your all doing brilliantly! Midget's season was unreal while Terk is hitting the Europa spots with Canvey while Jordan probably just made alot of £££ after his trip to Chelsea!

then there's me.....

suprisingly not doing too bad at the moment and £100k gate receipts for 2nd round home fa cup tie with Morecambe was very much welcomed!

Amateur

Your all doing brilliantly! Midget's season was unreal while Terk is hitting the Europa spots with Canvey while Jordan probably just made alot of £££ after his trip to Chelsea!

then there's me.....

suprisingly not doing too bad at the moment and £100k gate receipts for 2nd round home fa cup tie with Morecambe was very much welcomed!
    Don't worry, you'll get there

I can't help but feel if I had 'Gronaldo' and the likes for that game, I would have possibly got something :mad:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast