+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,200 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Semi Pro

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

1. Great to see Blues go into administration and sign him up quick before you regret it!
    2. Nice I've got a looooooooong way to go.
    3. Ouch!!

Thanks fixture planner. Just played 6 games in 11 days over Christmas period. 5 in the league and then FA Trophy as 6th game at the end.

Squad of 21. 5 injured (4 regulars). 16 fit players. 14 fit outfield players. I had to play my captain CB every game, he started last game at 72% fitness and I don't even like playing players below 93%! In the 5th game, 7 of my players were under 82%. Had to basically throw away any chance of FA trophy by simply playing 8 under 18's just to keep things fresh for the league.

Saying that, 3 draws and 2 wins from the 5 league games, including two games against 1st and 3rd. Unbeaten in 9 in the league so promosing

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's a tough period, TPF. You did pretty damn well to come through it undefeated

Signed Murphy to a new deal, had to tripe his wages (£9K p/w to £29K p/w) but tied him down to a five year deal with no min fee clause and I've set his asking price to £100M to try and scare off potential suitors.

I've got a couple of youngsters from the youth academy this summer who look like they might be decent first team players. I doubt they're much more than back up players, but it's nice to have something worth keeping an eye on though.

Also picked up a guy who I'm very excited about. Xabier López, an attacking midfielder from Bilbao joined on a bosman, been tracking him for eighteen months after my scout, Guti, first raved about him. Really struggling to get enough numbers in though within my budget. The players who are going to improve my squad are in the £8M range and it's doing my nut in right now. Managed to pick up an ageing Yoann Gourcuff on a free though.

Third Team

Try stretching out payments and future clauses? You have to be sure of some kind of success within a couple seasons though. I was sure so made my budget stretch with that. Meant I had to get rid of my LB though to avoid a massive payout but I got in cheaper and younger and almost similar quality.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square Premier 2012/13

Season 3 with FC United, and our 2nd in the BSP.

After last year's survival, the board expected me to do the same. So my expectation was to 'Avoid Relegation'. The media however, predicted a lowly 24th

Transfers - Very different to usual. Mostly loan signings, and only Jenkinson and Kempson were signed with intention to start. The rest were youngsters.

The season started on the bad side, with a 3-0 defeat to Tamworth. But this year, we weren't going this way again, we followed this defeat with two huge 2-0 wins against Histon and Northwich, a 2-1 win against Southport, and then 3 draws, before losing to Crawley. We bounced back instantly however with 4 wins in a row, before again losing, this time twice in a row, to Aldershot and Kidderminster, and a 2-0 defeat against Sheff Wed in the FA Cup 1st Round. This pattern of form continued till our 2-1 defeat to Barrow in the FA Trophy 1st Round. After the Barrow game we had a 13 game unbeaten run, racking up 7 wins, and 6 draws, scoring a total of 21 goals and conceding 9, including this big victory against Chelmsford. Mansfield then stopped us in our tracks. Fortunately, our team didn't give up. We came back fighting, with a 4-0 win against Forest Green.

As we entered April, into the last stretch of the season, it seemed to start badly, with a 1-1 draw to Gateshead. We sat 4th place with 7 games to go. Hanging onto the playoffs by a thread. However, we racked up valuable wins, whilst luck went our way, with Barrow and Cheltenham faltering. This run took us up to 2nd place. The last four games would prove to be the most tense, annoying and hardest fixtures I would face in my managerial career thus far.

Our first game was a 1-1 draw against Cheltenham, which kept us ahead in 2nd place. We then drew to Darlington 2-2. We then destroyed AFC Wimbledon 6-0, in a game that put Man City's beating of Portsmouth to shame. Despite this Barrow went ahead by 6 points. But they had us to deal with next, and we came fighting, with an amazing 4-1 win. This took the lead to just 3 points, and suddenly, the last game of the season was all to play for. We faced a very hard game away against 3rd place Cambridge. Barrow hosted Histon. This is how it turned out....

Cambridge v FC United
    Barrow v Histon

This means, we had done it, we had won the league, albeit by goal difference. But the team that have haunted us in the past, beating us 4-0 in the FA Cup in our first season, and 2-0 last season, ended up helping us win the title. We had defied the odds, touted for relegation, champions of the Blue Square Premier.

Table

Position Chart

Squad

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)
    Ben "Gronaldo" Greenhalgh. - The winger played 49 games this season for us, scoring 11 goals and assisting 22, and also got 7 Man of the Match awards. It was very close between Greenhalgh and Carl Martin, who also excelled once again this year.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (This award goes to the single moment that caused the most surprise and shock)
    The award has to go to the last day of the season, where we pipped Barrow to the title, completely unexpected. Other contenders included our 6-0 trashing of Wimbledon and the January profit of £145k.

Fan's Player of the Year
    Carl Martin

Blue Square Manager of the Year
    Jordan Swinburn

Confidence

Finances - Our finances this season were fantastic, we rarely made a loss. One month we even had a £145k profit.

The plan for our first League Two season is just survival, however after this season, anything is possible. I also aim to get further than the first round of the FA Cup, and try to do well in the JPT.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions

Amateur

And with promotion comes huge rewards. We have gone professional!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Try stretching out payments and future clauses? You have to be sure of some kind of success within a couple seasons though. I was sure so made my budget stretch with that. Meant I had to get rid of my LB though to avoid a massive payout but I got in cheaper and younger and almost similar quality.
    Yeah, I've considered that but it's not a risk I'm willing to take right now. Success (in terms of regular European qualification and winning big trophies) is a good few years off yet, I think, and I don't want to put the club into financial difficulty.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

And congratulations on the promotion, Jordan

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfil Premieship 2031/32

Table
    Positions

FA Cup - 3rd Rd
    League Cup - 4th Rd
    CL - Group Stage
    Euro Cup - 1st Knockout Rd

The season started badly as my saves corrupted with a parsing error and wouldn't load, but after defragging the hard drive, wiping the settings folder and reinstalling the whole game i managed to get an older save to work and only lost the 6 weeks of pre-season.
    After that drama my season started well and i was soon in a 2 horse race with Man city for the title, by 27 games i was 4 points clear but a bad run meant that by 31 games i was 5 points behind. I soon made this up with an easier run in and could have sealed the title with a game to spare but only drew the match to leave me 2 points clear.
    A win in the last game sealed the first premiership title for Merthyr.
    My reserves went out to West Ham 2-1 in the league cup and my first team lost 4-2 away to championship Norwich in the FA cup.
    In the CL i had an easy group but my results were poor and i finished in 3rd place. I put out a reserve side in the euro cup to concentrate on the league and lost 5-4 on agg to OM.
    Finances improved immensly this year as a result of being in the CL but 16 million went out to shareholders and the board have spent 2 million on undersoil heating but won't improve the training and youth facilities further

Transfers

Not too many transfers in but i bought in a new central defence in Osbourne and Stojanovic. Castellani (history), Aguilar and Jose Carlos all left. I signed Paulinho on a free as a first choice goalie and sold Bonetti (history).
    El Asmer (history) left as Morris was capable of filling in as backup. Kilicaslan (history) also left having failed to achieve his potential.

Squad

Hadland proved himself as the best goalie even though rated worse than Paulinho.
    My first choice defence of Hagelstein, Djokic, Stojanovic and Osbourne were immense and the reason for winning the title, Castillo, Bartollini and Perez also did well when called on.
    Noguira and Aslan failed to live up to last years efforts, Morris showed some promise before an 8 month injury as did Rivera.
    Bianchini did well but is in decline and his goal output fell. Hernandez and Francisco did well in patches, Francisco also picked up 27 yellows and 4 reds in only 30 games and spent a lot of time suspended. Andre is beginning to show he is worthy of being in the first team along with Vara.
    My strikers were really disappointing and the lack of a decent 4th choice cost me over the season.

Star Player - Worth every penny of the 18 Million i spent on him, he narrowly was ahead of other main buy Stojanovic.

Youth Player - had this decent looking youth come through and i'm hoping he can push on to make the first team in a few years.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
    2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
    2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
    2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
    2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
    2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
    2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
    2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
    2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
    2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
    2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
    2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
    2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
    2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
    2029/30   Premiership                   12th        None
    2030/31   Premiership                   4th         None
    2031/32   Premiership                   1st         Premiership Winners
    Last edited by Thebaker; 01-03-2010 at 10:50.

Congratz Thebaker on winning the PL! Looks you finally got yourself a good solid defence!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Congratz Thebaker on winning the PL! Looks you finally got yourself a good solid defence!
    Cheers,
    my defence is oustanding, 20 clean sheets in 38 games, i need more goal output though.
    Overall my side is very young and can still improve a lot.

Youth Team

Good job Terk and Thebaker!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers, SnakeXe

And a big fat well done to Thebaker on your first Premier League title. Only the CL to go now.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I've had a truly appalling pre-season. Lost 4 games without scoring

Third Team

Well what an absolute shambles. After a terrible, terrible start to the season with Guiseley, we made a couple of loan signings who really sparked the team, put together a run of wins and got us to the lofty heights of 18th. 2nd last game of the season saw us beat the team level on goal difference with us, to move onto 45 points and level with two others. All looked promising, go into the final game away basically looking like any result should do. Except all the teams around us never read the script. With 5 minutes left we were 1 down but still up - just - on goal difference. Then one of those 35 yarders out the blue put us 2 down, and as it turns out, sends us down.

For the first time in as long as I care to remember, been sacked

Not sure whether to start over or just take on one of the newly promoted teams next season - any rules on this, can I just add another manager in? Would almost like to do it with the same one for the sake of redemption, but not sure about the prospects of being offered another job...

FMS Moderator Emeritus

When I got sacked by Nuneaton I stuck with the same manager and got a job at Canvey Island the following season. So it is possible to get another job, it just depends on one of the new teams having a tough time and sacking their manager.

Third Team

Would it be considered poor form to 'create' a position at one of them to apply for?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I can't speak for anyone else but I wouldn't have a problem with that. As long as you're applying for the job on your own manager's merits then I don't see a problem with 'creating' a position for him to apply for.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's the way to get over a sh*t pre-season. Opening day of the season, travel to face Man City (who have won the last 6 league titles) and beat them 2-0

Amateur

After several reloads I managed to get Oxford City to come up, so here goes.

Manager profile

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, Diagoras

Amateur

Cheers.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

So this season I targeted putting a trophy in the cabinet and figured that, having got to the final last season, the League Cup was probably my best bet. Just lost 4-0 in the second round to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    So this season I targeted putting a trophy in the cabinet and figured that, having got to the final last season, the League Cup was probably my best bet. Just lost 4-0 in the second round to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday
    i only play my reserves in the league cup these days and in the last 3 years i think they have only won 1 game and lost to several championship sides, more worringly my best team keeps losing in the FA cup to championship sides

Part-Timer

there is nothing better than when a sell on fee actually generates a lot of funds.
    Sold a player for 5 mill + 50% sell on 4 years ago, his club have just sold him for 30 mill

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    there is nothing better than when a sell on fee actually generates a lot of funds.
    Sold a player for 5 mill + 50% sell on 4 years ago, his club have just sold him for 30 mill
    Very nice! A £15m score there

Amateur

If I hear of another transfer story being leaked I may actually blow up with rage

Its hard enough finding people who want to join a BSS side to begin with, without them being offered twice as much by low L2 / BSP sides as a result of leaked stories...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by midgetram View Post
    If I hear of another transfer story being leaked I may actually blow up with rage

Its hard enough finding people who want to join a BSS side to begin with, without them being offered twice as much by low L2 / BSP sides as a result of leaked stories...
    Ben Greenhalgh

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Ben Greenhalgh
    He may have been one of the players I was in for...

Amateur

He may have been one of the players I was in for...
    Keep trying, you'll break him eventually.

Amateur

In the first Gigg Lane showdown. It ended FC United 0-0 Bury. Good enough for me.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

midgetram have a look for Nabil Sharif. Good striker especially for lower leagues

Amateur

My FA Cup run may as well be over before it begins. Wigan in the 1st round

Amateur

Hello all. I'm back after a 10.2 hiatus as 10.3 is now out. Still with AFC Hornchurch and in 7th halfway through my third season in the BSS. Not much to say except Vicente Del Bosque who is Arsenal manager has just said his special relationship with me has led him to accepting a loan deal for his stupidly far too good for me midfielder on loan.

Amateur

Loving the activity jordan, great to see we have newcomers who put in the effort of posting

Unlucky on the 4-0 defeat Turk

And well done to thebaker for winning the Premiership, just the champions league to go now dude

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by turn it in View Post
    Hello all. I'm back after a 10.2 hiatus as 10.3 is now out. Still with AFC Hornchurch and in 7th halfway through my third season in the BSS. Not much to say except Vicente Del Bosque who is Arsenal manager has just said his special relationship with me has led him to accepting a loan deal for his stupidly far too good for me midfielder on loan.
    Ooh I shall be downloading that 'un as I am in preseason

Amateur

Bloody best centre-back out for two months. My whole side is built on a solid defence without it I'm boned.

Amateur

I took over Truro, but after being rock bottom after 6 games, without a win to my name and 2 goals scored, i'm sacked. This is down to me not giving them my full attention, but rather trying to keep both football manager and my girlfriend happy at the same time! I have learnt from this, and now I'm going to start over again, with the new 10.3 patch installed as well

I'll let you know who I am, altho I don't think I'll be truro again!!!

Semi Pro

Great, one day after restarting this SI decide it's a great moment to release a new patch. And since I was only just finishing preseason with Sutton... eh, not much lost. New game, new holiday, new team. Hello from Tiverton.

Amateur

Right, I will be taking a break from the FC United game to focus on getting the Dafuge's Challenge Starter Save's - 10.3 thread up and running.

Semi Pro

How quickly fortunes change. One minute your 12 unbeaten, won last 5, top of the league. The next minute despite having 18 shots to 3, dominating a game for a full 90 minutes, you somehow lose 0-1 in the last minute and then lose your next 3 games!

Need to recover.

Busy tonight aswell!

Semi Pro

Boston united season 16 2025/26

League Table , Position Graph final position - 14th

A very good season all told again. the media were still predicting we were playing in a division that is too high for up, but we managed to confound them again with a 14th place finish.

Cups

The cups were better this year with us reaching the 4th round of the Carling Cup and also the FA Cup.

FA Cup Went out to Man City

League Cup Went out to Sunderland

Transfers

Star Player

The star player this season has been Aiden Campbell

Key Players

Gavin Kirk Kirk was brought in after I sold Marcus Higgs last season.

Juan Jesus Sanchez A good Central Midfielder.

Other News

The board has finally decided to grant us a New Stadium it's only taken them 16 years to decide on it.

Finances

Finances are a bit shoody after the board took out a loan to finance the new stadium

Code:
    Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
    2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
    2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
    2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
    2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
    2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
    2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
    2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
    2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
    2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
    2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
    2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
    2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions
    2024/25       Coca Cola Championship     11th                        none
    2025/26       Coca Cola Championship     14th                        none

Other Winners
    Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur
    FA Cup - Manchester City
    Carling Cup - Manchester City
    Champions League - Barcelona
    UEFA Cup - Porto
    World Cup - England

Aims for next season

Head for a Playoff spot

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Starting a new game with the 10.3 patch, will post my details shortly. Still pondering who to play as this time tho....

Amateur

Solid season there Almondo

Is it normally 80 points for a playoff spot? Seems a large number of points for only 6th place.

EDIT: Just beat L2 side Mansfield 4-0 in a friendly That'll probably be our best performance of the season though
    Last edited by midgetram; 01-03-2010 at 19:50.

Semi Pro

I don't know about most seasons but the 2024/25 season saw Swansea need 77 points for 6th.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

As the new patch is out I think I might give the challenge another go. As some may remember, I got King's Lynn to the Premiership on the previous patch, only to be stumped by my home attendences for the season being limited to 1200! So I quit. Now hopefully a few of the issues in the game have been sorted i'm going to have another crack at it. Holidaying now...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    As the new patch is out I think I might give the challenge another go. As some may remember, I got King's Lynn to the Premiership on the previous patch, only to be stumped by my home attendences for the season being limited to 1200! So I quit. Now hopefully a few of the issues in the game have been sorted i'm going to have another crack at it. Holidaying now...
    Nice to see your back

What I think I may do is complete this challenge, and then start a new one on 10.3 patch where I can make that last till FM11

Amateur

The 24th June save for the Dafuge Challenge 10.3 Starter's is now up.

Amateur

And I'm off again, this time I am manager of the mighty Wealdstone!! They've even given me a transfer budget of 7k to avoid relegation good times!!

Amateur

Ok so i screwed it up, does anybody know why? I used the link from photobucket when i highlighted the word 'Wealdstone'? I fail at this big time

Amateur

Does anyone know how much of your value needs to be debt before administrators become a real possibility? Just that I'm almost at 200k debt (club value is only 210k), and I've already done a round of wage cuts for team members and staff alike.

Though the way we're playing it doesn't matter whether we get the points deduction or not. 5 victories from 5, 18 goals and only 2 conceded Not a bad start to the season I suppose...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnother View Post
    Ok so i screwed it up, does anybody know why? I used the link from photobucket when i highlighted the word 'Wealdstone'? I fail at this big time
    Might not be the most technical person in the world, but did you use the [ URL] [/URL ] on either side? (obviously without the spaces)

And I'm off again, this time I am manager of the mighty Wealdstone!! They've even given me a transfer budget of 7k to avoid relegation good times!!
    That might work...
    Last edited by midgetram; 01-03-2010 at 21:26.

Amateur

Might not be the most technical person in the world, but did you use the [ URL] [/URL ] on either side? (obviously without the spaces)
    Do you mean i should write [URl ] Wealdstone [/URL ] or should i highlight the word, then on the link make sure that the URLs are at the end?

Amateur

That might work...

How did you manager that? I'm probably being really dumb sorry, I just can't figure it out

Amateur

That might work...
    How did you manager that? I'm probably being really dumb sorry, I just can't figure it out
    I quoted your message and saw that you had [ IMG] [/ IMG] tags in as well as [ URL] tags. Took them out and voila, it worked.

Tbh I'm the worst person to be explaining this, but there is a easier explanation to paste screenshots on the OP i believe, saves me from looking like an idiot trying to explain something simple

Amateur

when the game was released, I started with Dartford, came in the PL and was in 2030, then my game crashed..
    Which team should i be this time ?

Amateur

has the rep for the teams changed in 10.3 ? and also do we need a new ddt file for 10.3

Amateur

I quoted your message and saw that you had [ IMG] [/ IMG] tags in as well as [ URL] tags. Took them out and voila, it worked.

Tbh I'm the worst person to be explaining this, but there is a easier explanation to paste screenshots on the OP i believe, saves me from looking like an idiot trying to explain something simple
    Ah right, I'll try that then. Thanks for trying to help me though I read the OP and thought i did what it said tho. I'm having a right nightmare tonight though tbh, started a new game, but forgot to paste Dafuges edit into the 10.3 folder so now gotta start it all again i'm failing big time tonight!!

Semi Pro

Nunnother, see where, Bold, italics, Underline etc...is by your comments box. You should see like a little earth thingy, just click that and put the link in and then it's done!!

Season 2 nearly done!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kazpeer View Post
    when the game was released, I started with Dartford, came in the PL and was in 2030, then my game crashed..
    Which team should i be this time ?
    Go back and see if you can do it again

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The-Perfect-Fm'er! View Post
    Nunnother, see where, Bold, italics, Underline etc...is by your comments box. You should see like a little earth thingy, just click that and put the link in and then it's done!!

Season 2 nearly done!

Thats what i did, but it just came up with an error message i think i msut be copying the wrong link from photobucket or something, Thanks for trying to help me guys

Semi Pro

Nunnother what link are you using from photbucket??

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    Go back and see if you can do it again
    Okay I'll do that!

Amateur

Nunnother what link are you using from photbucket??
    I was using the clickable thumbnail link for IMG bulletin boards and forums...Is this where I'm going wrong?

Semi Pro

I was using the clickable thumbnail link for IMG bulletin boards and forums...Is this where I'm going wrong?
    Yeah I think so. When you get the thumbnails on the album screen in photobucket you can roll over them and get a menu underneath it. Use the direct link one on there and post it between square brackets [] using the url= then your link in the first one. Follow this with the text the use/url in the second set of square brackets without the spaces between the square brackets.

Amateur

I use the direct link one... not sure about anybody else though

Beaten to it by Almondo...

Amateur

Yeah I think so. When you get the thumbnails on the album screen in photobucket you can roll over them and get a menu underneath it. Use the direct link one on there and post it between square brackets [] using the url= then your link in the first one. Follow this with the text the use/url in the second set of square brackets without the spaces between the square brackets.
    Ah right. When I eventually get my act together and get a game properly started up I'll do it this way! Thanks for the help guys, hopefully its got through my thick skull!!

Amateur

Semi Pro

No problem. Let me know if you need anymore help. If it's any consolation I had to ask my sister how to do it when I started using Photobucket. Now that was embarassing.

Semi Pro

Epic Semi-Final

Mourinho esque celebrations!

Now the big one...

Amateur

Epic Semi-Final

Mourinho esque celebrations!

Now the big one...
    Good luck in the final

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, TPF

Amateur

Once again, here we go! The new manager of Wealdstone Please, for the love of football manager may I have posted a screenshot...

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My save game won't ****ing load

Semi Pro

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My save game won't ****ing load
    Tell me you had rolling autosave activated and set to at least monthly...

Youth Team

Just as I thought we were picking up we lose the bottom of the league at home, back down to 13th.

Might take a break from this and start a new dafuges on 10.3.

Semi Pro

Do you autosave it every so often!?!?!? Surely, you must!?

Anyway, I can't contain my happiness. So i'll post season update tommorow but for now...

BOOOOOO YEAAAAH!!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dalbeider View Post
    Tell me you had rolling autosave activated and set to at least monthly...
    I never have autosave on, now I'm wishing I had. I make back ups every now and then, the last one is from the end of the season I got promoted from the Championship, so two seasons ago

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Anyway, I can't contain my happiness. So i'll post season update tommorow but for now...

BOOOOOO YEAAAAH!!
    Mucho congratulations

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Question now is whether to go through the heartbreaking process of playing those seasons over again or to start from scratch. The latter is the more tempting option right now

Semi Pro

My celebrations come second. No, seriously, I actually feel bad, what are you going to do? wait and then try again? (does that ever even work?)...surely someone must know how to un-corrupt the save or whatever. Maaaaaaan

Semi Pro

I never have autosave on, now I'm wishing I had. I make back ups every now and then, the last one is from the end of the season I got promoted from the Championship, so two seasons ago
    Bold = capital sin. But this sucks too much, so I won't chastise you . Did you patch, and could it have something to do with that? Not that it makes any sense, but...

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Bold = capital sin. But this sucks too much, so I won't chastise you . Did you patch, and could it have something to do with that? Not that it makes any sense, but...
    No, I don't patch whilst I've got save games that I'm playing. I like to play the save through on the same patch. No idea why it won't load, it just comes up with an error message. Absolutely gutted and I can't go back and play the same seasons over again.

Think I might as well take the chance to patch up and then I'll start again

Semi Pro

Try again tommorow and if not, start again and AUTOSAVE.

I feel for you

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I've just always thought, 'what's the point' as I've never had an FM save corrupt on me before and I save pretty regularly anyway. At the start of this save I was really good at backing up at the end of every transfer window, but clearly I haven't done that over the last couple of seasons.

I will be turning autosave on next time I run the game.

Amateur

I've just always thought, 'what's the point' as I've never had an FM save corrupt on me before and I save pretty regularly anyway. At the start of this save I was really good at backing up at the end of every transfer window, but clearly I haven't done that over the last couple of seasons.

I will be turning autosave on next time I run the game.
    Tbh, the new patch is out so you could start one on that Terk

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TugSafc View Post
    Tbh, the new patch is out so you could start one on that Terk
    That's what I'm doing. I'll keep trying to see if I can get the Canvey save working again, but for now at least I'll be starting a new save on 10.3

Just fired up, now for the holidaying.

Amateur

Terk, if you check my new Saves thread, there's a 24th June save, and if you are prepared to wait about half an hour or an hour, Canvey should be up

Semi Pro

That's what I'm doing. I'll keep trying to see if I can get the Canvey save working again, but for now at least I'll be starting a new save on 10.3

Just fired up, now for the holidaying.
    Just upload 24th June one!

Saves a good hour!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Terk, if you check my new Saves thread, there's a 24th June save
    Legend

Not going to go as Canvey this time though. Fancy going BSN, I think.

Amateur

It's already up

Amateur

Legend

Not going to go as Canvey this time though. Fancy going BSN, I think.
    If you wouldn't mind, if you get a one that isn't uploaded or in blue on the thread (assuming you're trying for one of the others), whack it on Megaupload? BSN one's are ****ing bout so far.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

If you wouldn't mind, if you get a one that isn't uploaded or in blue on the thread (assuming you're trying for one of the others), whack it on Megaupload? BSN one's are ****ing bout so far.
    Not a problem at all, sir

Amateur

Not a problem at all, sir
    Legend!

I've been wondering why for about 3 hours now, King's Lynn haven't shown up once. Only found out they went bust!

Amateur

May have just found a fatal flaw I have made....
    Forgot to copy the DDT file from 10.2 to 10.3.
    Kill me now -_-

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, that's a pretty fatal flaw. Start again.

Amateur

Yes. Will get this done right and properly! Feel free to holiday now, come to think of it, this could potentially be good. We can get more people on board.

Amateur

Terk, got the laptop holidaying now. Going to leave that overnight and return to it in the morning. Best get some sleep, LONG day ahead of me tomorrow. If you're continuing, feel free to upload some saves to the thread.

Cheers

Third Team

With reference to my ranting above, thinking with the new patch out it appears to make sense just to start over again. Shame, as I was looking for some redemption in that same save. Don't have the stomach to write up a season report where the conclusion is losing the job though

Semi Pro

Once again, here we go! The new manager of Wealdstone Please, for the love of football manager may I have posted a screenshot...
    Yeah you got it right.

Terk. I feel for you man. I've had a couple of saves do that while playing through this save. I've never had to start over though I have had to go back to the start of a season

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Terk. I feel for you man. I've had a couple of saves do that while playing through this save. I've never had to start over though I have had to go back to the start of a season
    I can't face going back two seasons to the start of our life in the Premier League. If I'd had one from this past summer (when last I played I was 10 games into the new season) then it would have been no question, I'd have replayed those games, but two seasons is too much to face.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast