+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,400 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    Good to see you're sticking with it, Swindon

The 2016/17 season has started superbly for me, we're top of League 2 after 10 games, have already had a League Cup game against West Ham which netted us some £300K and we're scoring goals from all over the place. Only sour note is that my 6'6" Irish centre back stuffed his ACL and is out for 11 months
    Good luck Terk hope the injury dosen't hit you too hard.

What has just irritated me is I just scouted the opposing keeper who got a 7.9 against me only to be told he'd be the 4th best keeper if he joined and that he should only be signed as a last resort.

Youth Team

After struggling to get into a save, I think the time is right for me to start this.

Holidaying at the moment and then I think I'll do some reloading.

Wish me luck.

Semi Pro

Hastings United, Season 2015-16 – Season Six, Blue Square South

Summary
    With the focus still on improving the financial viability of the club, there were no great expectations this season. I knew promotion was a big ask, but we did have a decent start… read on…

Transfers

Tried to cut the wage bill a little this year, and the signings were mainly on cheapish contracts. Quinn and Shaw were signed to try to improve the cover for Parkin and Lake-Gaskin respectively.

Competition Reports

Blue Square South
    We had a fantastic start to the year and I was again wondering if a surprise promotion push was on. It never really was. This shows just how dramatic our fall was, after such a great start.

The Final Table this season. I really did think that a playoff place was possible, but in the end we had to settle for a mediocre season even by our recent history.

The e.on FA Cup - some good performances before a narrow defeat to BSP opposition.

The FA Trophy - We were quite unlucky against Grays, really.

The squad.
    With selected stats for all competitions, ordered by the amount of time they spent on the pitch – a rough guide to their importance to the team I suppose.
    Parkin still missed a good portion of the season, and in fact our dip in form coincided with his major injury of the season. So frustrating.

Key Players

Phil Parkin
    How much longer will we be able to hold on to this gem? I won’t let him go for less than £150k.

Sebastian Lake-Gaskin
    Really good season from Seb – plenty of goals. We just need to be able to replace him adequately. Made serious noises about moving on this season.

Marcus Cassius
    Also fired this season, scoring plenty. These guys are good, but they need more quality behind them.

Sam Hatton
    Back on form after three lean years. Hopefully he’ll keep that up.

Notable others:
    Simon Evans. Improving but really needs to step up once more. Michael Rodwell played well though again, we need players like him to really improve to the next level in order to get us promoted. Phil Harrison was a good signing, and at just 18 he will improve a lot, I hope!

Finances
    Some board investment really helped, and some of the cost cutting measures I implemented came off. It’s getting there.
    A new link with BSP team Northwich Victoria has been announced by the board, so I might get some BSP players on loan next year.

Club Records and Awards
    >> Biggest Win: 8-0 v Ramsgate, FA Cup, 10th October

Cumulative records (will be published every season as long as the holder is at the club):

>> Most League Apps for the Club: Phil Parkin – 200 – RECORD RECLAIMED
    >> Most League Goals for the Club: Marcus Cassius – 75 – RECORD EXTENDED

>> Fans’ Player of the Year: Phil Parkin
    FPOY wins:
    Phil Parkin: 4
    Louis Lavers: 1
    Sebastian Lake-Gaskin: 1

MY team of the year:

Murphy
    Hawksworth – Dean – Parkin – Minton – Harrison
    Rodwell – Evans – Hatton
    Cassius – Lake-Gaskin

Subs: Harpur, Abdallah, Baker, Warren, Pugh, Lawrie, Shaw.
    Overall XI….Dean, Evans, Murphy and Rodwell were all inducted this year..

New Youth Cohort
    This guy’s mental stats mean that he should end up being the pick of the bunch, though he will need to really apply himself in training as he’s not yet up to it technically.

I think we need to continue to rebuild the club financially, perhaps worry less about getting promotion. I was frustrated this year because we had such a good start but with this team we were never likely to hold onto that position. Any advice?

Previous Seasons:

Season One (2010-11)

Season Two (2011-12)

Season Three (2012-13)

Season Four (2013-14)

Season Five (2014-15)

Amateur

Okay, I have chose Tonbridge Angels, just because they have a cool name.

Anyone got any players I could sign on the 10.2 patch?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TugSafc View Post
    Okay, I have chose Tonbridge Angels, just because they have a cool name.

Anyone got any players I could sign on the 10.2 patch?
    Trial everything on free. That's the way to find good players.

Remember that pace and acceleration is a key factor in lower league, especially for strikers. Finishing is not that important.

Amateur

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/962...tonprofile.jpg

There is my profile pic

Thanks Mikael, ive managed to bring in players from Celtic and Rangers who got released so far, also trialed a player who got released from Vauxhall who looked okay enough. This is going to be very tough

Amateur

I do actually feel sorry for Lincoln now after their start to the season.
    What happened to them

Youth Team

I've started with Marine.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Good Luck m12345566778 and TugSafc

Amateur

Just about to start first game and I'm using the tactic Barcelona use in real life. This is because: I have McShea who can be an inside forward on the right, and Marvin Williams who can be the inside forward on the left with Kisuka playing in the ST role.

Will be interesting to see if this tactic works

FMS Moderator Emeritus

What happened to them
    Would appear that their finances are none too healthy, though they haven't gone into administration or anything like that yet. They picked up only two players this summer having let 11 go; and looking through some of the talent they released on free transfers it was most of their better players so now they've got 8 players on youth contracts in their first team squad, 5 of whom look to be getting a regular game.

Their manager was picked up by Cardiff over the summer after they got relegated to League 1 and they replaced him with a guy from Whitby Town who doesn't look anywhere near up to the job. So pretty much everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and with over 50 goals conceded with only a quarter of the season gone, they could be setting all sorts of records for the wrong reasons.

Amateur

Would appear that their finances are none too healthy, though they haven't gone into administration or anything like that yet. They picked up only two players this summer having let 11 go; and looking through some of the talent they released on free transfers it was most of their better players so now they've got 8 players on youth contracts in their first team squad, 5 of whom look to be getting a regular game.

Their manager was picked up by Cardiff over the summer after they got relegated to League 1 and they replaced him with a guy from Whitby Town who doesn't look anywhere near up to the job. So pretty much everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, and with over 50 goals conceded with only a quarter of the season gone, they could be setting all sorts of records for the wrong reasons.
    Similar thing happened to one of my early FM10 saves with Cardiff, but they went into administration, they were using most of the youth team in the games, and ended up in League 2

First league game:

Dover 1-1 Tonbridge Angels

Amateur

Hey everyone, i'm back to have another crack at this challenge. I had some success on last years challenge with kendal town but never won the premiership so I hope I can win it this time around. Starting with Tonbridge.

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Premiership- 2016/17 - Season 7

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 20th
    Finished: 13th

Great season and manage to stay in the premiership by quite a distance.

FA Cup - Lost in 5th round vs Chelsea
    League Cup - Lost in 4th round vs Blackburn

Team Stats
    Team General

Transfers

Spent big on players building the squad up to a decent standard due to my quick rise up the leagues.

Finances

Stadium geting increased to so will spend most of the season at Upton Park again. Training and youth are getting upgraded too.

Key Players

Adrian Miralles
    Wellington Silva

Targets

Improve squad and get rid of dead wood (better forwards to play with Wellington Silva)
    Mid table finish or even a Euro

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 1st                       BSS Champions Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
    2012/13       L2                  12th                      
    2013/14       L2                  4th                       Play-off Winners
    2014/15       L1                  2nd                       Promotion
    2015/16       CC                  6th                       Play-off Winners
    2016/17       Prem                13th

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by crazylad View Post
    Hey everyone, i'm back to have another crack at this challenge. I had some success on last years challenge with kendal town but never won the premiership so I hope I can win it this time around. Starting with Tonbridge.
    Good luck, I just started with Tonbridge also

Amateur

BSP is just super competitive this season for me.

Brentford in 5th (last playoff spot) have 61 points from 31 games, I'm 3rd with 65 points from 30 games and Cambridge are top with 68 points from 32 games.

Finally get a very competitive team and so do four other teams Should be a very interesting final leg to the season.

Amateur

So after 7 games I am 4th in the league.

My home form has been very good so far winning 3 out of 3. My away form wasn't as good with 2 draws and 1 loss until I won an away game in my last game.

Although I have only scored 9 goals in these games, which is a little concern, but my defence have been decent only conceding 5 goals. But we need to improve our finishing and take more chances if we want to secure promotion this season.

Part-timer

Am 18th and like 15 points behind the leaders.......... I think that's enough of a head start....

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk- View Post
    Am 18th and like 15 points behind the leaders.......... I think that's enough of a head start....
    Which division you in?

Now that I said my home form was good we then go and have this result:

Tonbridge 0-3 Ebsfleet

Part-timer

Season 1 - BSS with Truro

The annoying thing is that I have the players capable but they just are not doign well. Although since that post I did beat Lewes (3rd) 4- 3 away from home

Amateur

Keep at it, try and build your team for next season, don't worry too much about getting promotion in the first season.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well I've just got into the 1st Round of the FA Cup after easy draws in the qualifying rounds.

The league form has been hit and miss so far, 1 game I will beat a team I expect to struggle against, the next game, I will lose against a team I expect to get a result against. So at the moment, I'm sitting around 11th in the league after 11 games.

Maybe the players haven't gelled together yet because I got rid of all the original team and replaced them with my own players, so I will be patient, especially with some players who I feel should be performing better.

Scoring goals is still a struggle and I think this is the main reason why we have been so in-consistent so far this season. Even though I have James Keatings, Craig McShea and Christiano Kisuka, I'm still struggling.

Amateur

Hastings United - 2013/2014 - Blue Square Premier

This season the media predicted us to achieve the dizzy heights of 16th place, but we replaced the front two with a couple of very complementary strikers (tgt man/poacher combo) and drafted in a few good loanees and freebie midfielders to give us some good depth.

---

Season Summary - 4th

Didn't start very well, but soon we got very much into our stride and comfortably finished in the playoffs. It was very competitive amongst the top six but Wrexham really ran away with it towards the end.

Final Table
    League Positions - Graph

Playoffs - Winners

We beat Cambridge United comfortably in the first leg 3-0, but a plethora of injuries to our first team meant we went into the rest of the playoffs (and the FA Trophy Final) with 4 less starters.

Injuries didn't stop us in 2011 and they didn't stop us in 2014, winning the semi-final 3-1 on aggregate, pitting us against Brentford in the final.

A pulsating 2-2 draw saw the tie go to penalites, where we prevailed 6-5.

FA Cup - 1st Round

We always draw league opposition in the first round, and this year was no exception as we lost to Cheltenham in a very weak performance 2-0.

FA Trophy - Winners

A lot of replays in this one, but we made it all the way to the final where we defeated Rushden in a cracking 4-3 victory AET. It's always nice to win the FAT too before you leave the non-leagues.

----

Squad - Good quality up front and in the middle of the park formed the basis for our success.

Finances - Given we were hovering around the (250k) mark of debt for the past 2-3 years, we were surviving basically on board handouts. However, while playoff final penalty shootouts and cup final extra time aren't good for the heart, they're good for the bottom line as we turned in a very healthy profit.

----

Key Players

Adam Hunter - Rock of the defence since the start of my career, he was so again this year. The constant.

Tom Craddock - A new signing for the season, filled the poacher role of our front two and was outstanding, scoring regularly through the season.

Stephen McDonnell - While he started the season not even making the subs bench, injuries put him into the playmaker role in the centre of midfield in November. He was like a duck to water and wouldn't be removed until injury removed him during the playoffs.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promotion (Playoffs), FA Trophy Winners
    We're professional now, and hopefully playing in League 2 and winning the FA Trophy will give our reputation a bit of a boost so we can get some strength up front to backup the starters and at the back. I don't think we're relegation quality, so mid-table is the goal (don't tell the board!).
    Last edited by aeropaus; 01-02-2010 at 18:18.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    I think we need to continue to rebuild the club financially, perhaps worry less about getting promotion. I was frustrated this year because we had such a good start but with this team we were never likely to hold onto that position. Any advice?
    I actually found with Hastings that you'll never get big crowds in to make you financially viable through gate receipts, even if you get to BSP level. Once I got to 250k in debt I was getting board handouts of 50-90k to keep us afloat until we got a windfall in the BSP playoffs/FAT final.

I guess the moral of the story is not to worry about finances too much and just get cheap fast players to get you scoring goals and promoted.

Part-timer

Keep at it, try and build your team for next season, don't worry too much about getting promotion in the first season.

---------------------------------------------------------
    easier said than done, because I completed the challenge last year it feels like I'm repeating myself just doing it again this year, plus with last year doing so well I'm a tad impatient. I think the problem is I really want to play FM10 but am really struggling to find a team and league that I'm really happy with.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Nice season there aero. I really need to kick on with my save now but I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect 2 lately

Ouch, just lost 5-1 vs Newcastle.. Ai we were terrible

Semi Pro

Congratz aeropaus on promotion and FA Trophy win

Dafuge, is it okay if i give some of my remaining transfer budget to a BSS club eg. buyin one of their rubbish reserve players for a ridiculous amount of money to help them get promoted?

lol, what club hrbfcrule?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    lol, what club hrbfcrule?
    Hampton and Richmond i live 5 minute walk from them and i am a season ticket holder there. I really want to get them into the premiership

Semi Pro

Champions League:

We were given a difficult group:

At. Madrid, AC Milan and AS Monaco

Gameweek 1: drew 3-3 away to AS Monaco
    Gameweek 2: lost 2-0 at home to AC Milan
    Gameweek 3: drew 2-2 at home to At Madrid
    Gameweek 4: lost 2-1 away to At. Madrid
    Gameweek 5: won 3-2 at home to AS Monaco
    Gameweek 6: lost 3-1 away to AC Milan

Final Table

We were unlucky with some of the results, they didn't reflect our performances but even so the gulf in class between us and AC Milan/ At. Madrid was huge.

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    Hampton and Richmond i live 5 minute walk from them and i am a season ticket holder there. I really want to get them into the premiership
    Maybe when you finished the challenge you can go and be manager of them

//

Shame about the CL, but lucky for you can go in the Europa League now and win that...

Your poule looked alot like mine btw 1 spanish, 1 italien, 1 french (Villareal, AC Milan and G. Bordeaux)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Maybe when you finished the challenge you can go and be manager of them

//

Shame about the CL, but lucky for you can go in the Europa League now and win that...

Your poule looked alot like mine btw 1 spanish, 1 italien, 1 french (Villareal, AC Milan and G. Bordeaux)
    Yer when i complete the challenge ill make 2 saves of it 1 of them ill carry on with sutton the other ill manage h+r

I hope i can win the Europa League but with the likes of Barcalona, Tottenham, Arsenal and..........Burnley it will be quite difficult

lol, I was hoping you could play teams like PSV, Ajax, Benfica etc...

/

lil update with 28 games underway:
    Premier League: 1st with 61 points, but one game more then Sunderland who are second with 61 points.
    FA Cup: 6th round vs Newcastle
    League Cup: final vs Chelsea
    Community Shield: Winners!
    Champions League: 1st knockout rnd vs Benfica (1st leg 2-0 won)

So I am, shocking, doing a great run this year, and could win everything lol... but I do know that is just a dream

Argh will miss my 2 strikers Vidal and Lukaku for the League Cup final... Both are injured. Hope this wont hurt us

I WON IT! Wohoooooo 3-1!! With some luck, a penal and a goal in the 94" min but hell with that!

Semi Pro

Congratz foost. I still haven't won a major trophy yet

You will get there lost in the 6th rnd of the FA Cup tho.. So no FA Cup trophy for me yet

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill 2027/28 Premiership

Table

Positions

League Cup - 2nd Rd
    FA Cup - 3rd Rd

I started with what i thought was a good squad, 2 leading prem players and abraham and carreras had become wonderkids. My capacity was also 1410 for 7 months so i decided not to make any purchases. This turned out to be a mistake as the squad struggled, being in the bottom 3 for most of the season, I started to improve in jan and climbed out until another poor run meant it went to the last game of the season against Tottenham.
    A 2-1 win kept me safe and relegated them.
    In the league cup put out a reserve side who lost 1-0 to League 1 MK dons. In the FA cup i lost 1-0 to Man U.
    My finances were pretty poor as the ground was converted to seats for 7 months although the board announced a 5000 seat increase in capacity for next season.

Transfers

Lehmann (history) wanted to leave and was sold for a good price.
    Moncur (history) was no longer good enough and Iddi retired at the start of the season.
    Martin (history) was 4th choice midfielder and was sold. Tedeschi (history) was rated my best defender but he had too many sub 5 rated performances and was sold for 5 million, i sold the sell on clause a month later for another 7 million.
    Coming in were Sergio a top class striker and Anastiadis who added more strength to the midfield

Squad

Not too much to say about the squad , most were very average in their performances, Roberto did ok although wants to move and kept requesting a transfer. Abraham also did well for a player still developing

Star player - turned into a wonderkid by jan and took over on the right from roberto, also wants to leave but on a long contract.

2028/29 Premiership

Table

Positions

League Cup - Qtr Final
    FA cup

I had higher hopes for this season with 2 leading prem potential youths coming through at the start but i ended up treading water in the lower half of the table, my performances against the better teams were particually disappointing.
    I ended the season 6 points worse than last year after a run of only 7 points in the last 11 games. In the league cup i lost to Man C 4-2.
    The FA cup was a different story with my best ever showing, after fielding a reserve side to non league Marine and League 1 Bradford ( it took a replay and extra time to win ).
    I needed another replay and extra time to get past Man U before seeing off Aston Villa in the semi final. In the final the turning point was the sending off as i was comfortable from then on going on to pick up the first major silverware and a place in europe for the first time.
    Finances improved with the stadium increasing to 15000, board announced a further increase of 7500 an the end of the season, training and youth facilities were improved.

Transfers

A lot of movement especially in jan and long time players who were unable to take me foward left. Amestoy (history) was amongst these along with the first choice centre defence of Bray (history) and Antonacci (history) and the midfielder Morisse (history). Roberto (history) wanted to leave on a bosman so i sold him first.
    Coming in were Volpe who is described as a world class goalie and a new centre defence of Castellani and Castillo. Romero came in to replace Roberto.

Squad

In goal Volpe and Bonetti vied for number 1 spot.
    At right back Hagelstein missed a lot of games through injury and Perez filled in. At left back Carreras was poor and the veteran Rivera did well.
    Anastasiadis was very solid in centre midfield mostly with Cano.
    On the left midfield Volpi and El Asmar shared the spot due to runs of form. My promising youth Morris did well for 16.
    On the right Aslan was the main force. Up front Sergio and Abraham did well without really scoring the number of goals i expected, Kiliclasan chipped in with some as well. Bater hasn't improved his stats since he came into the youth squad 2 seasons ago, rated a L2 standard he still did well when injuries meant i had to call on him.

Star Player - hopefully a rock at the back for many years to come and a real threat on corners.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
    2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2016/17   League 1                      13th        None
    2017/18   League 1                      14th        None
    2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
    2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
    2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
    2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
    2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
    2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
    2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
    2025/26   Championship                  6th         Playoff semi-finalists
    2026/27   Championship                  6th         Promoted via Playoffs
    2027/28   Premiership                   15th        None
    2028/29   Premiership                   14th        FA Cup Winners
    Edit: On a side note i also passed 1000 games in charge, a 3-1 loss to Aston Villa, the FA cup final was my 1003rd which would have been a more fitting match for this, my reputation is now world class.
    Last edited by Thebaker; 01-02-2010 at 16:52.

Congrats with the FA Cup! Funny to see Tottenham go down while they are in top in my league

//

Just won in the Qtr Final against Real Madrid in the first leg ... CAN YOU FEEL IT!!

Semi Pro

Congratz on winning the FA Cup

Foost: what a game against Real Madrid

Semi Pro

Woooo top of the league although i have played 3 games more

World Cup Winner

Congratz aeropaus on promotion and FA Trophy win

Dafuge, is it okay if i give some of my remaining transfer budget to a BSS club eg. buyin one of their rubbish reserve players for a ridiculous amount of money to help them get promoted?
    That's fine. What you do with your money is up to you.

As long as you don't break the few rules in the OP, you can do what you like.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    That's fine. What you do with your money is up to you.

As long as you don't break the few rules in the OP, you can do what you like.
    ok thanks, just wanted to make sure before i did it

Third Team
    You can't put very attractive can you? it looks like arrogance. Put attractive... she'll see me.

Took the title race to the last game of the season now. City are 2 points ahead of us with a much better G/D so we need them to lose at 4th placed Chelsea. We need to win at 3rd placed Man United.

COME ON TRURO!

Third Team
    You can't put very attractive can you? it looks like arrogance. Put attractive... she'll see me.

We lost 2-1. City drew 1-1.

Bring on next year.
    Last edited by The Art of Drowning; 01-02-2010 at 19:55.

Part-Timer

http://yfrog.com/jwjohnbraunddartfordj

Starting here with Dartford They're the team I actually support, having been to see them for over ten years. Unfortunately, the first team seems really underrated, but that is said with more than a hint of bias

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Aargh were now in Drawscity Arizona played 14 won 8 drawn 6 GD +14 sitting in 3rd.

How many players need to be called up for international duty before a game is postponed - I have four out.

Now had three of my back four injured in two games.
    Last edited by Swindon69; 01-02-2010 at 23:32.

Amateur

Well after starting this challenge with Tonbridge Angels I'm disappointed that i'm still awaiting my first win in the league so far bottom of the league played 10. Won 0 Drawn 5 Lost 5 and when your winning and the opposition do This you begin to wonder will you ever win. Surely my teams fortunes will change soon .

Amateur

Righto, taking a fresh look at this challenge after a halted Tiverton performance.

Going with Bedford Town

375 pounds a week contract, expected to fight bravely against relegation with a transfer budget of 0 and a wage budget of 3k with 2k already being spent.

Let the fun/brain-sploding begin!

Youth Team

Don't think promotion is on the cards for me. I'm 12th at the moment but it's very tight and I could slip down to 17th if I draw or move up to 6th if I win.

Struggling, like in most of my saves, with loan players. I've only brought in 2 and they were from teams in a league below me!

Moses-Garvey is a great player, and I picked him up for £2K from Burton Reserves. He's got 9 in 12, and also a few youngsters I brought in after they were released from Tranmere.

'mon Marine!

Amateur

GL with Bedford Lanthal

Bit of a rollercoaster first 15 games in League 2 for me, we have the best home form in the league (all wins except one loss) but our away form is just atrocious. Still, up in 8th and we're playing fairly well so things looking quite bright surprisingly.

The other team to get promoted from the BSP (Wrexham) are doing even better in 4th. I guess there's a massive gap between the BSP and BSS/N, but the BSP sides are more than capable of holding their own in League 2.

Playing Real Madrid is fun. Lol. First leg Qtr Final 6-3 win, 2nd Leg; 4-2 lost. Total: 8-7 Guiseley lol..

Semi Final CL:

Tottenham - Guiseley
    Barcelona - Valencia

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

Predicted: 2nd
    Finished: 1st

Time to reclaim our trophy..

League Table
    League Table Graph

Great players brought in for big money in both the Summer and January. I expect the league at least. We got it comfortably.

Community Shield Lost this for once.

Carling Cup We made it to the final again and this time against Scunthorpe. Winning should have been easier but I'll not worry.

FA Cup We had a decent run and only got stopped by City at the semi-final stage. It was a poor performance in the semi.

Champions League Last year was unforgivable with us crashing out at the group stage. No chance of me letting that repeat itself and with some big name signings in the summer and in January I felt confident. At the quarter-final stage we drew Fenerbahce which was the first time I'd seen them at this later stage; we made them regret it.
    We made it to the final against Man Utd (our opponents from two years ago - who on the night took the trophy on penalties.) It was close battle when it shouldn't have been. After they had equalised in injury time, 18 year old Roger Gordon popped up to score the winner moments later.

-----------------------------------

Squad I'm very happy with the squad. The youth are very competitive for first team appearances..

Dartford players winners in these awards..

World Team of the Year - Henriques, Javier & Tischenko.

European Defender of the Year - Henriques

PFA Player of the Year - Conor Buchanan

PFA Young Player of the Year - Frank Niessen

FWA Footballer of the Year - Dida
    -----------------------------------

Transfers

Finances
    ------------------------------------

Key Players This Season

Alot of players played great this season..so only the true exceptional.

Tiaguinho Good solid performances from the big Brazillian.

Dida Incredible amount of long range strikes this season. Literally flew past players at times from midfield all the way to the edge of the area before launching one into the top corner.

Henriques Possibly the best player Dartford has ever had. And that's something for a left back.

Club Career Overview

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

Challenge Complete

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup finalists
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CL finalists
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         PL runners up, Carling Cup Finalists, FA Cup Winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, Carling Cup Winners, CL Winners

International Career Overview

Code:
    Season    Nation                   Achievements
    Hired by Brazil

2027/28   Brazil                   N/A
    2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

Sacked by Brazil

Hired by Italy

2030/31   Italy                    N/A

Resigned from Italy

Hired by Holland

2032/33   Holland                  Semi-Finalists in Confederations Cup

Resigned from Holland

Next Season

Not sure. Possibly some players will move on as the squad is quite big but I have no real goals except a repeat of a winning the league and CL.

This however is the first time I've ever got the call. I felt regret but I feel like Dartford is my own now.
    Last edited by JonnyCurrie; 03-02-2010 at 17:02.

Nice season, very consistence.. What are those *'s behind some names?

//

Don't know what is happening but in the CL I just get a lot of goals against. In two matches vs Real Madrid 7, and in our first semifinal leg vs Tottenham I lost 5-3... jesus

Amateur

I put stars behind the names of the key players/indispensable/huge contracts. Usually only around 6 names.

Ah man... what is this ****, what kind of game do I have my god. I love it tho haha

Qtr Final 1st leg vs Real Madrid
    Qtr Final 2nd leg vs Real Madrid

Semi Final 1st leg vs Tottenham
    Semi Final 2nd leg vs Tottenham

o m g . . .

Amateur

Ok, so Bedford Town is going to be a real challenge... I'm currently sifting through the discarded garbage of the other clubs for diamonds in the rough. I picked up Phil Imray who looks like he'll be a cracking keeper for this level. Also, is this Super Kyle? He looks like the business for me as well.

Edit: Fixed moronic wrong image linkage
    Last edited by Lanthal; 02-02-2010 at 14:29.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal View Post
    Ok, so Bedford Town is going to be a real challenge... I'm currently sifting through the discarded garbage of the other clubs for diamonds in the rough. I picked up Phil Imray who looks like he'll be a cracking keeper for this level. Also, is this Super Kyle? He looks like the business for me as well.
    Wrong screenshot for Kyle

Third Team

Maidstone Season 5 Update 2014/15 - Blue Square South

League Finish - 5th - League Table

A much better season for me this time, on my day was the best team in the league but my small squad held me back at times and injuries meant I could only finish in 5th place but it was good enough for the playoffs. A comfortable semi-final win put me through to the final where I had a nervy penalt shootout victory giving me promotion. It may be a bit early for promotion and I have a feeling I may struggle next year.

Screenshots:
    Playoff Final

Squad
    Transfer History
    Finances

Manager Profile
    Manager Personal

Star Player - Ciaran McGarry

Career Overview:
    Code:
    League         Season    Finished   Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------
    BSS            2010/11   19th
    BSS            2011/12   19th
    BSS            2012/13   15th
    BSS            2013/14   10th
    BSS            2014/15   5th        Playoff Winners

Amateur

Has anybody else started this challenge with such poor form in the league but amazingly been very good in the cups? I'm still bottom of the league albeit with 3 games in hand - just been drawn at home with birmingham in the fa cup third round. Reached the Fa trophy first round against dover.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal View Post

Edit: Fixed moronic wrong image linkage
    nope that's not Super Kyle.

Reserves

Super Kyle Wilson iirc?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    Super Kyle Wilson iirc?
    correct

just got loaned backed to FC United.

Part-Timer

I've had a decent start at Dartford Quite a few signings, only two loanees as well, of which only one is in the first team, so no overloading with loans From the first four games, I have seven points and probably deserve more.
    It makes a real change from my Man Utd game, and player attribute masking is both annoying and fun

Amateur

Okay after a really busy day yesterday and seeing as I've just got in the house today, I can finally have 5 hours or so of FM10

14 games gone in the first season and I am 4th in the league with 25 points.

But my GD isn't that good really for a top 6 team, its only at +4 atm.

I haven't really got anyone who has been my out and out clinical goalscorer so far this season. Marvin Williams has the highest with 7 in 14.

I have been impressed with my 2 CB's though: Leon Legge and Lacquan Esdaile.

My next game is the 1st round of the FA Cup, at home to Bromley, so hopefully we should win this and get into the 2nd round

Youth Team

I'll be posting monthly updates about my Marine save in the careers forum from now on. Feel free to go and have a look, and post a comment.

Amateur

GJ on the promotion mag man

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Robert Hunter - Truro City - 2015-2015 League 2

I expected a battle to stay up in league 2, but was pleasantly surprised at how we did. I had a decent squad rotation going on, and although I know that's important, I'd like to hammer down a little bit more specific of a starting 11 for next year.

Table
    Lost in the playoff final to 4th placed Plymouth. Unlucky.

Squad:
    Starters:
    Junior Suckling
    Teixeira David Wallace Andy O'Sullivan Arsenio Halfhuid
    Oliver Hewitt-Fisher Joe Stansfield Max Harrop Grant Whyte (On loan, was tremendous)
    Billy Paynter (POY) Eddie Johnson
    Subs:
    Wesley White. Simon Turner. Robert Eagle. Adrian Patulea. Francis Palm (On loan, was decent. Kieran Nicholson. Phil Ifil.

All Time Best Eleven

Season Best Eleven
    Thanks to making the playoffs and Wembley, our finances are finally positive!

Remember that Ron Davies guy? Well, he did get better, but not enough, so I sold him on for 100k

Part-Timer

Just a minor update. After 13 games I find myself in 10th place, which I am pleased with. I have a game in hand over most of the teams above me, so I could go within 2 points of the final playoff place. Tweaked my tactics for my last game after a poor run, and got a 6-1 home win over Thurrock, which was very encouraging. I'd like to think I can get a playoff place, but ultimately a top half finish is more realistic

Amateur

Truro City FC - Blue Square South - 2013/14
    Media Prediction: 5th
    Actual Position : 1st

I've actually done it, after a few years of near misses and heartbreaks, I've won the league. Challenged from the start to the end, and hit the front with about 10 games to go. It'd be wrong to say I never looked back, us, Dover and Bath had a very close battle, but I took a 2 point lead on the second-last game of the season, from there I only had to beat Basingstoke away, or hope Bath could hold Dover to a draw in the 2nd/3rd final day battle. In the end, both happened. And despite a 150k loss for the year, we are champions. Never enjoyed writing a progress report this much.
    League Table
    FA Cup
    Out one round earlier than last season, but I don't care. WE'RE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
    FA Trophy
    Through a few rounds, going out when we did, helped us out.

Transfers
    Nearly every player I signed this year, became a first choice player, I don't think you can ask for much more than that. The signings of Pericard and Dawson for the last 3 games really perked us up as fatigue had started to set in, think they'll both be well able for the BSP too.
    Squad
    Think I can keep most of these and comfortably stay up next year in the BSP. I'll bring in 3 or 4 aswell to hopefully give us that bit extra to compete.

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
    2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
    2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up
    2013/14   Blue Square South        1st        Blue Square South Winners

Next Season
    Staying up will be enough to please me, but I think we can achieve alot more.

Amateur

I'm amazed that my first season in charge with Tonbridge has been so hit and miss. Lieing in 14th in the league 10 points from the play off places and yet manage to beat swansea 1-0 in the fa cup 5th round at home. I've been drawn against Arsenal at the emirates in the 6th round so i'm expecting a good hiding here. Funny old season thats for sure.

Semi Pro

just a short update this time because im in a real "cba" mood

Sutton Utd Premiership 2021/22

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 5th round 1-0 to Newcastle
    League Cup: Lost 1-0 to Man City in 4th round
    League: 3rd - Champions League Place
    Europe: 3rd in Chamions League Group, Lost in 1st Knockout round against Genoa 5-3 on aggregate in euro cup

League Table, League Graph
    Squad,Transfers

Started off well but overall the season was a disappointment, considering Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal all had bad seasons we really should have made some of the games count and i am really annoyed my team couldn't finish off a game. Those draws proved costly if only a few of them had been wins......

Cups

Pretty disappointing all round especially Europe, out in 4th round and 5th round in league cup and Fa cup respectively. We came 3rd in our champions league group probably should have done better, will be expecting better next year. we then got dumped out the euro cup by genoa somewhat disappointingly.

Finances:
    nothing to report really, except i will wait until balance is slightly better before i give some money to H+R

150+ league appearances (lge +cup)

Miguel Angel (ST): 267 (313) appearances, 125 (138) Goals, Average Rating 7.06
    (2014-2021)

Acoran Romero (DC): 217 (255) appearances, 8 (10) Goals, Average Rating 6.97
    (2012-2020)

Ezio Massaro (DL,DR): 191 (217) appearances, 2 (2) Goals, Average Rating 7.03
    (2012-2018)

Andrej Stolarik (DC): 186 (227) appearances, 10 (11) Goals, Average Rating 7.05
    (2016-Present)

Witold Stepien (DR): 154 (188) appearances, 3 (3) Goals, Average Rating 6.95
    (2016-Present)

Code:
    Career so far:

2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion 
    2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion
    2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
    2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
    2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
    2016/17   Championship            4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final
    2017/18   Championship            1st      Automatic Promotion
    2018/19   Premiership             13th     N/A
    2019/20   Premiership             8th       N/A
    2020/21   Premiership             3rd       N/A
    2012/22   Premiership             3rd       N/A

Third Team

Was it Turk who had John Bostock in his team?

Just noticed on my game he is 31 and at Barcelona so you've got a great player there.

Third Team

also HRBFC, I notice you have the same problem when it comes to winning the league. Man City! We lost out to them on the last day last year and if it wasn't for the chairman acting above me to allow our star left winger to be stolen by them in Jan then I think we would have done it.

Just can't compete with their financial power

Amateur

Did anyone else sign Matty Warner in their early days and see only the occasional piece of brilliance surrounded by performances that were utter pants?

Nice season CSF! To bad hrbfcrule!

// btw TAoD: John Bostock is awesome in my game asswell, after going to shaktar he joined Juventus and after that he is now owning the midfield of Tottenham.

Season 2020/21 Review - Guiseley in the Premier League - 1st - *** CHALLENGE COMPLETED ***

League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances

I HAVE COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE!!! The PL was a pain in the arse. Sunderland were the contenders till the end. With 2 matches to go they lost, we drawed and we became 1st because of a better goal difference. I allready thought we would finished 2nd, and wasnt really expecting Sunderland would drop points. Luckely we had a great end run aswell. Guiseley also set a new record in most goals in a season, 97!

FA Cup | League Cup | Champions League | Community Shield

We started of this season with the Community Shield against, also holders, Manchester City. It became a match to never forget. They got whiped, got owned, got a message in the skybox saying: all your base belong to us. We learned them total football and destroyed them with 7-2! After that the season just couldnt go wrong. Altho my biggest priority was on the CL, I tried to did my best in the other Cups. The FA Cup was not bad, but Newcastle just were to strong and we had an off day. But the League Cup were ours from the start! In some great fixtures we won vs Arsenal, Man City, Totenham, Man Utd and in the final vs Chelsea! Woho what a fixtures and what a results!

An other story is the Champions League. We had a quite simple poule fase, ahum. Put it was do-able. We played quite well, but def. not owning the place. I felt we were lucky to become 2nd so was hoping to get just one round further. It ended up by winning the CL! OLE OLE!

In the first knockout round we played Benfica (2-0, 3-0). Easy one. Next we drawed Real Madrid, that was a different story. Imo the best team I played so far in my career. Unlucky for them we had the game of the year against them. Won 6-3 at home. And lost 2-4 away, which meant we won overall with 8-7. Next Tottenham. One of the best teams in the PL in my game, so this would be a though one. Losing 3-5 away let us face the facts we arent good enough yet. Just getting to much goals against. I tweeked my tactics and put my defender way up instead of deep. Then the game come at home. We teached them! We ****ed them! We owned them. 6 - bloody - 0. We made it to the final!! Then I saw we have to play Valencia, who won vs Barcelona in a 3-3 by penals. Valencia also were the holders of last years CL. Unlucky for Vidal, injured, he missed one of his most important matches in his life. But Lukaku and Beretta did just fine! We came behind in the 29"min but I felt we werent that bad! Beretta scored a great screamer in the 48"min which gave us 1-1. 90" min were played, still 1-1. Extra time! Lukaku heads in a great cross. 95"min 2-1! Beretta makes sure we are gonna win the final by scoring a placed shot in the 102"min. 3-1! PFIIEEWWWW GAME ENDED. GUISELEY WIN THE CL! WOHOOO

Squad
    Transfers

Great winger, and wonderkid, from France did superb. Amara Coulibaly is the man who really replaced Le Van this year. He still is learning, and I am hoping he can get 10+ assists next year. Rene Tinajero is really looking promosing. Atm learning from Farina and I guess next season he is our right back whole season. Alexandr Gitinov had a storming season last season but this season he looked like Carolina. 28 goals, 20 assists for a midfielder is a lot! Gustavo Vidal is getting more and more important, what a player. This year not as many goals as last but he gave us some assists, lol. 33 goals, 29 assists. Dave Watkins is for the future. Bought him quite cheap as I think he can become very good - so do my scouts.

Best players of Guiseley this year:
    - Gustavo Vidal (scored a lot, gave a lot)
    - Jesus Mateu (one of my best buys ever, 3rd time young player of the year)
    - Alexandr Gitinov (i can only pray he can get a better season then this, but almost impossible)
    - Amara Coulibaly (wonderkid - only thing is missing is the 10+ assists)
    - Romelu Lukaku (brought in as a good replacement for injuries, but made it hard to choose. Did outstanding)
    - Rene Tinajero (great kid, wonderkid, for the future. Still improving and learning)
    - Cristiano (had a though first half of the season, 2nd was just amazing)
    - Giacomo Beretta (great as always, very important in the CL)

Awards:
    - English Players' Player of the Year (2nd place Lukaku, 3rd place Beretta)
    - English Footballer of the Year (2nd place Vidal)
    - English Premier Division Top Goalscorer (3rd place Vidal)
    - English Players' Young Player of the Year (1st place Mateu(3x), 3nd place Gitinov)
    - English Premier Division Manager of the Year (1st place)
    - Champions League Golden Boot (2nd place Beretta)
    - Champions League Best Player (1st place Beretta, 3rd Gitinov)
    - Champions League Dream Team (we filled 8 places)
    - European Goalkeeper of the Year (2nd place Flindt)
    - European Striker of the Year (2nd place Vidal)
    - European Footballer of the Year (2nd place Vidal)
    - World Footballer of the Year (2nd place Vidal)
    - World Player of the Year (2nd place Vidal)
    a lot of awards Especially Vidal with 5x 2nd place)

We have got our first youngster in all those years. And what for a youngster, I think - so do my assman, he can become an International if u ask me. Please welcome Lloyd Hackney. He is really gonna get playing time, since I will do everything to let him grow! The facilities are good atm.. and still improving!

Aim for next season: Lloyd Hackney. Lloyd Hackney. Lloyd Hackney. Also I want to win the FA Cup and SuperCup. Maybe become an International Coach for some country don't know yet.

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
    2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
    2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
    2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted
    2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
    2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for Europa League
    2016/17    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	1st       Promoted, CCC Champions
    2017/18    Guiseley    Barclays Premier League 	6th       Qualified for Europa League
    2018/19    Guiseley    Barclays Premier League 	3rd       Qualified for CL, FA Cup runner-up
    2019/20    Guiseley    Barclays Premier League 	1st       Premier League Champions, Qualified for CL
    2020/21    Guiseley    Barclays Premier League 	1st       PL Champions, CL Champions, League Cup Winners, Community Shield Winners
    ** 		CHALLENGE COMPLETED 		**
    Last edited by foost; 03-02-2010 at 11:25.

Amateur

Well done Foost! Congrats, mate! Made fairly quick work of it too!

Semi Pro

Congratz on completing the challenge foost hopefully im not too far off completing it as well

On my game John Bostock is 30 he stayed at tottenham for ages,making hardly any appearances, then eventually went to belgium club called "Standard" on a free.

According to other people's games it sounds like tottenham wasted a good player

Semi Pro

After my update I recieved 20 odd million Champions League TV money which was a very nice surprise

Congratz on completing the challenge foost hopefully im not too far off completing it as well

On my game John Bostock is 30 he stayed at tottenham for ages,making hardly any appearances, then eventually went to belgium club called "Standard" on a free.

According to other people's games it sounds like tottenham wasted a good player
    Thanks!

Well that must be the reason they relegated at yours
    Last edited by foost; 03-02-2010 at 14:12. Reason: grammar

Amateur

So after 18 games in the season we are top of the league by 4 points. We have been in some good form lately and I think the players are starting to really gel together now. I've tried to make sure I signed players that pacey and such at lower levels and I think this is paying off, my defence is actually quite athletic.

Ended up getting knocked out of the first round of the FA Cup from Bromley; we drew the first game at home 1-1 then we went there for the replay and got beat 2-1 iirc.

I think we should be able to get promoted at the first time of asking this season, but I won't get too cocky, because playing this low down, anything can happen.

Looking at the finances in England, Burnley are now rich, and I'm sure I can remember it popping up in the news that they were being taken over, although they still only have an English chairman. They are still bottom of the Premierleague, so I wonder if they spend much in January.

Third Team

How many else are world class? It seems the games takes league wins in lower leagues into consideration so I've won the most league titles out of active managers in my save.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The Art of Drowning View Post
    Was it Turk who had John Bostock in his team?

Just noticed on my game he is 31 and at Barcelona so you've got a great player there.
    Yeah, it's me. He obviously hasn't lived up to his PA quite as well in my game as I'd say he's a good League One player who could maybe do a job as a squad player in the Championship. As I've got him in League Two that means he's brilliant for me, but Barcelona quality he isn't

Mini update on how I'm doing. 17 games gone and we're top of League 2 with 40 points. We're one point ahead of Grimsby but we have game in hand and I'm just about to play a replay in the FA Cup 1st round against L1 side Walsall. Win that and we've got Grimsby at home in round two, so a good chance of getting to the third round again and a decent Premier League side in the draw. Only lost 1 league game so far this season, we've been playing really well and getting the scrappy 1-0 and 2-1 wins that you need to be successful.

My potential star striker, Edwin Waweru, is struggling to adapt to life in England. He's picked up more injuries than he has English words, but I remain convinced that he can have a big impact, so I'll be sticking by him yet.

Part-Timer

Just got to the new year, so I've played 22 games in my first season in the BSS as Dartford. After a start with mixed results, I've picked up a bit now, sitting in 6th, one point off 5th. Scoring certainly isn't my problem, with 35 goals making me the third highest scorers in the league. Unfortunately, we've also conceded 35, leaving me with a GD of 0, not helped by a recent 6-0 to Lewes. I still think that a playoff place is possible, but more consistency is crucial as we enter January. Next game is Dover, who are in 5th.

Semi Pro

England won the 2022 World Cup, beating the Ukraine in the final

Has anyone else seen England win World Cup or European Championship on their games?

Third Team

Need to update the last 3 seasons on here, will do that in a few mins. Just to note that Grimsby have now joined Darlington as being unplayable on the game as they have been relegated from the BSN.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Art of Drowning View Post
    Need to update the last 3 seasons on here, will do that in a few mins. Just to note that Grimsby have now joined Darlington as being unplayable on the game as they have been relegated from the BSN.

Grimsby finished 19th in the bsn last season in my game surviving by just 2 points

what season are you in?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

England won the 2022 World Cup, beating the Ukraine in the final

Has anyone else seen England win World Cup or European Championship on their games?
    England won Euro 2012 on my game, beating the Ukraine in the final

Morocco won the 2014 World Cup.

Third Team

How on earth to I work the code function by the way, tried several times with my updates but I just can't seem to get it right.

Third Team

Grimsby finished 19th in the bsn last season in my game surviving by just 2 points

what season are you in?
    Just finished the 2023/24 season. Darlington went down about 3 years ago and haven't reappeared yet.

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Kings Lynn - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12

We were predicted by the media to finish 23rd and by all accounts a season full of struggle looked on the cards,

We started poorly as far as results go and lost 5 out of our first 6 games leaving us languishing in the relegation places, oddly enough at this stage the performances were pretty good and the team had seemed to adapt to the league quickly.

We put together a decent run and manged to pull ourselves up to mid table and a solid season of consolidation started to unfold, we could beat the best but also lose quite horrendously, as a few 5 - 0 drubbings would show.

Then, out of nowhere, we went on a massive unbeaten run that pushed us from mid table up to just outside the play offs, this continued to the final game,

The final fixtures had us in 6th at home, but it also had Histon (5th) v's Rushden (7th),

The table had

5th Histon 77pts
    6th Kings Lynn 77pts
    7th Rushden 76pts

Any one of us could have claimed the last play off place,

90 minutes later it was ours, sneaked in at the last as we managed a win and Histon and Rushden could only draw.

So to the Play Offs

Semi Final 1st Leg

Semi Final 2nd Leg

Final

And so Promotion achieved, certainly an unexpected promotion and i am a little concerned that we may have progressed to quickly and get a swift reality check, but at least we are now full time and moving forwards.

The Cups were not Kind to us this Year and we really made no impact at all, but not to concerned as the league was always the priority

League Table
    League Positions Graph
    Transfers
    Squad

Key Player Profile

Robert McCormick – Again a Star, the next step maybe to much for him but carried on where he had left off

James Keatings – After a bit part last season, he really came into his own, Goals and Assists in quantity

David Stephens – Rock Solid at the Back (Again)

David Howland – Stepped into the CM spot early in the season and never looked back, some vital goals late on in the season

Code:

Career Overview

Season     League                 Position           Achievements

2010/11    Blue Square North        1st              Champions, Promotion
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier      5th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
    Next Season
    Promotion achieved, certainly an unexpected promotion and i am a little concerned that we may have progressed to quickly and get a swift reality check, but at least we are now full time and moving forwards.

One word for this season - Consolidation
    Last edited by PVentress; 03-02-2010 at 18:13.

Third Team

Truro City - The Last 3 Seasons

2021/22

We looked like a much better side than the previous year but ended up finishing in exactly the same place, team gelling and low morale being the main thing responsible. Can't expect much else when you dont win a single game from the final 16.

League Table: League Table
    Transfers Part 1: Transfers Part 1
    Transfers Part 2: Transfers Part 2
    Top Goalscorer: Hausmann
    Key Man: Kireev

2022/23

Tried to keep a relativley settled side for this season in the hope we'd find more consistancy, the only 1st 11 improvement we really needed was a new left winger and we found an awesome one in Manuel. My plan was working until in Jan when my chairman went above me to sell him to Man City. To be fair we did well and kept the pace with them and only lost out on the final day.

Transfers : Transfers

Top Goalscorer: Valdinei
    Key Man: Araujo

2023/24

Here is where it all finally clicked, we used the 2nd string in our Champions League games because we needed to concentrate on the league, came bottom of our group because of this. Succesfuly won the Leage Cup and the league yet again went down to the last game. We did it thanks to a winner in the 93rd min away at Spurs, a 4-3 win clinched the title for us as Man City lost at 3rd placed Stoke. We signed a lot of players for the future but Zukic was the main signing and he was brilliant on the right wing.

Transfers : Transfers

Top Goalscorer: Valdinei
    Key Man: Kireev

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Truro    Blue Square South    	1st       Promoted, Champions
    2011/12    Truro    Blue Square Premier    	13th       
    2012/13    Truro    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, Champions
    2013/14    Truro    Coca Cola League Two    	3rd       Promoted
    2014/15    Truro    Coca Cola League One 	11th
    2015/16    Truro    Coca Cola League One  	2nd       Promoted
    2016/17    Truro    Coca Cola Championship  	12th       
    2017/18    Truro    Coca Cola Championship 	6th       Lost in Playoff Semi
    2018/19    Truro    Coca Cola Championship 	6th       Lost in Playoff Semi
    2019/20    Truro    Coca Cola Championship  	1st       Promoted, Champions
    2020/21    Truro    Barclays Premier League 	14th      Survival
    2021/22    Truro    Barclays Premier League     14th			
    2022/23    Truro    Barclays Premier League     2nd      Qualified for Champions League
    2023/24    Truro    Barclays Premier League     1st      Champions, League Cup Winners

Semi Pro

Congratz The Art of Drowning, just Champions league to go now

I'm playing Tranmere..........in a premier league match

just 2 seasons ago they were in league 1

Third Team

Thanks, it's going to be tough I think because despite winning the league a bunch of players still want to leave. I'm going to sell all of the moaning ones and I will only be signing players for our U18's to replace them. Released all youth teamers that wont make it and hope that by having the best youngsters around we'll be set up for the long term.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

8 players injured right now, having to use ****** youth players to make up my bench, still a month until the transfer window opens again Still 4 points clear at the top of the table with a game in hand mind, so not all bad

Amateur

Hastings United - 2014/2015 - Coca-Cola League 2

A media prediction of dead last was always going to be a bit of a joke, and secretly I held good hopes of a top half finish.

---

Season Summary - 6th

Short summary is amazing at home, dreadful away, and a late season slump saw us cough up automatic promotion.

Final Table
    League Positions - Graph

Playoffs - Defeated in semi-final

Given our 2-0 record in the playoffs (BSS and BSP) I guess I was a bit confident we'd at least make the final.

Drawing Torquay however, we lost 4-1 on aggregate. The first leg at home was 2-1, which we largely dominated and deserved a draw at least. The away leg was even more frustrating as we were the better side by a larger degree here as well but just couldn't put the ball in the net.

To add the the frustration, Torquay didn't get a single CCC in either leg but just seemed to be able to put the ball in the net as and when they liked.

Torquay went on to win the playoffs, so I'm sure that if the scoreline reflected our performance in the two legs we'd be playing League One football next season. Grr.

FA Cup - 3rd Round

Put in a good performance here, as befitted our new league status. Lost to League 1 Oxford away in the third round.

League Cup - 2nd Round

Beat Championship Bristol City 1-0 in the first round very deservedly, but then slumped away from home to Ipswich 2-0.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st Round

Lost on penalties to League 1 Luton after a 0-0 draw in a tight affair.

----

Squad - Bit short of quality at the back now.

Finances - Good profit, especially considering we were 1k over our 5k wage budget.

----

Key Players

Adam Hunter - I really want to say this guy isn't good enough to stick around, we got him when we were a 1050 rep BSS side after all. But season after season he's 3 stars on the assman report and justifies it by getting the highest average rating. Got a good number of goals this year too from corners.

Owain Tudur-Jones - Was signed last season but plagued by injuries. This season played much more and was probably the most talented player in the squad. We were a better side with him in the first team for sure.

Raik Boujedra - New signing that filled the AMC role. Scored a good number of goals and good number of assists and was a constant threat to opposing defences.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promotion (Playoffs), FA Trophy Winners
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Playoffs (Semi-final defeat)
    Next Season

We were good enough for automatic promotion last season, so no excuses this year.
    Last edited by aeropaus; 03-02-2010 at 20:27.

Amateur

Anyone got kits and logos for the divisions below conf north/south?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Anyone got kits and logos for the divisions below conf north/south?
    Unibond Premier Kits. I don't have any for the Ryman league.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast