+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,300 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Harmony at one point as well as Injuries

Hope you get back right away Almondo :s

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Azeryk- View Post
    Ok, now that Truro are now playable due to their reputation change I will be starting this challenge with the aim to do better than last year and to also do the challenge in the quickest time (ambitious I know). But I could do with knowing what it currently is, do any of you know?
    SMSL did it in the minimum number of seasons, so you can only equal it

Amateur

I have 5 games left in my first season 2 points behind Northwich who are top. Had a great season so far!!

I have got some heavy fixtures this month... Arsenal, Man City, Juventus, Arsenal

//

Young player of the Month for september is kinda funny

Coulibaly won it, 2nd Gitinov and 3rd Mateu... all Guiseley players
    Last edited by foost; 29-01-2010 at 10:52.

Right it went very good I must say!

won 2-1 vs Arsenal (League Cup)
    draw 1-1 vs Man City (PL)
    lost 1-0 vs Juventus (CL)
    won 4-1 vs Arsenal (PL)
    won 1-4 vs Portsmouth (PL)

I just cant win in the CL haha

Amateur

play off place guarenteed, now to try and over take Northwich and win the league!

nice 1 bily, GOGOGO

Amateur

Finally top of the league, just got to hold in for two more games!! Please football manager god let me hang onto this!!

how is it going bily?

//

45" on the way and 4-0 in front against Anderlecht hehe

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Unlucky Almondo im sure you will be able to bounce back

Good Luck Bilyletdinov7

Amateur

FC United of Manchester season 2010/11 Final position 1st

Started off poor with 2 win in 8 games. After defeating Droylsden 1-0 in the F.A. Cup 3rd Qualifier my season turned better going undeafted in 12 games (in all competitions), knocking out Barrow and Darlington in the F.A. Cup 4th round qualifier and the F.A. Cup first round, and beating Telford in the F.A trophy. I then finally lost to Gillingham in the F.A. cup 2nd round but then went back on a 11 game undefeated run, including a good run in the F.A. trophy deafing Altrincham in the 1st round and Burscoughin the 2nd. Losing to Blyth made my team struggle against Vauxhall at home but still came out winners 2-1, then drawing at Hyde, but then gave a fine performance at home to Gainsborough winning 3-0. Stocksbridge was the next team to be deafed in the F.A Trophy 3-2 away from home. From that game the players struggled with fitness resulting in only win one game in 7, including being knocked out of the F.A. Trophy by Bishop's Stortford in a replay. After being knocked out and Ashley Vickers having to go on holiday, the players found fitness and hammered Hinckley 5-0 and going undeafeted for the remaing 10 games.

At the beginning of the season I was given £10,000 to spend on transfers, of which i spent £1,700 on two players. I brought in 8 players on a free and one loan signing.

League Table
    League Table Graph
    Transfers
    Results Part 1
    Results Part 2
    Results Part 3

Looking forward to next season, will be looking at free's loans and if i spend anythin it will be nothing more than £2,000.

Reserves

Just remembered something from my Staines game on 09. I remember picking up a cracking centre back on a free. His name? Dedryck Boyata

Amateur

Anyone else been asked for a friendly against the glenn hoddle academy haha!!

Yea, I guess everyone. They still ask my reserves while in the Premier League.

I just qualified for the 1st knockout rnd of the CL ole!!
    Last edited by foost; 29-01-2010 at 15:17. Reason: wrong Rnd

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bilyletdinov7 View Post
    Anyone else been asked for a friendly against the glenn hoddle academy haha!!
    yer every year. now i'm in the premier league they ask my reserves.

1st team: played them 8 times won 8 times scored 39 conceded 3 nice confidence boost before the start of each season

congratz foost on qualifying for the CL knockout rounds

Amateur

Quick question : Is the rep for the team " Kingstonian " realy 150 ? if so then it should provide the biggest challenge.

So far the lowest i managed to reload was Banbury and Kingstonian Can please someone confirm that because i would like to start a good tough challenge.

Semi Pro

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's a great result, hrbfc And congratulations on winning the BSN, Bily

Late season charge for the play-offs, anyone? After our horrid mid season slump we've now lost only 1 of our last 16 games (won 9, drawn 6) and we're in 10th, 4 points outside the play-off zone with 5 games to play. Picked up John Bostock for £20K from Llanelli in January and he's been brilliant.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

By the way, Q.P.R (top of the Championship) are on an awesome FA Cup run this season. They beat Liverpool in the 5th round, Arsenal in the Q/F and Everton in the S/F. Newcastle await in the final and I'm really hoping they pull it off.

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Screenshot of Bostock? I think you can do it, other teams will keep dropping points.

Third Team
    You can't put very attractive can you? it looks like arrogance. Put attractive... she'll see me.

Jamie Spencer - Season 10 (20/21) Premier League -14th Place -Survival!

Was initially quite faithful to the side that got us up to this division and I only really signed extra squad players and 2 or 3 improvements to the 1st team. it became clear by January that this team would not be good enough to stay in the league so I went out and spent massivley and in the end it was worth it as we survived with ease. Liverpool came bottom too.

League Table: http://img692.imageshack.us/i/premierleaguetable1.jpg/

Transfers: http://img203.imageshack.us/i/premie...ransfers1.jpg/ and http://img63.imageshack.us/i/premier...ransfers2.jpg/ Masters has become a wonderkid and was one of the reasons for our solid defensive showing. Laros was also superb in defensive midfield. As we enter a new season both decided to be moaning gits so they've been shipped out already. Hausmann is an absolute bargain up front.

http://img209.imageshack.us/i/mastersv.jpg/ - Wonderkid Centreback but he was kicking up a fuss so he is out of here.

http://img709.imageshack.us/i/hausmann.jpg/ Took this guy ages to get going, dont think he scored in the 1st 15 games but I kept with him and he repaid us with a fine 2nd half of the season. Expect big things from him next year.

An interesting season and we spent a lot more than we made in transfers which is unusual for us, got a few players who have attitude problems so i'll be kicking them out. We also have a lot of squad players who can fetch us some pretty decent money, I hope to use said money to bring more class to the side and maybe get a top half finish.

Code:
    Season     Team           League            Finished     Achievements
    2010/11    Truro City   Blue Square South    	1st           Promoted, Champions
    2011/12    Truro City   Blue Square Premier    	13th       
    2012/13    Truro City   Blue Square Premier     1st           Promoted, Champions
    2013/14    Truro City   League 2                3rd       Promoted
    2014/15    Truro City   League 1                11th
    2015/16    Truro City   League 1                 2nd       promoted
    2016/17    Truro City   The Championship       12th  
    2017/18    Truro City   The Championship        6th       Lost in Playoff Semi 
    2018/19    Truro City   The Championship         6th      Lost in Playoff Semi
    2019/20    Truro City   The Championship         1st      Promoted, Champions
    2020/21    Truro City   Premier League           14th      Survival

Reserves

Well done on survival. Coding a little messed up unfortunately

Semi Pro

I'm sure you can do it Terk good luck

Congratz The Art of Drowning on survival, top half finish next season is a reasonable aim, good luck

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dons2387 View Post
    Screenshot of Bostock? I think you can do it, other teams will keep dropping points.
    John Bostock

He got released by Spurs and then spent 18 months at Llanelli, was desperate to get back to a decent team, but settled for us instead His £600 per week put me over my wage budget but I figured it was a gamble worth taking. He's really brought a better attacking balance to the side; delighted with him.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    John Bostock

He got released by Spurs and then spent 18 months at Llanelli, was desperate to get back to a decent team, but settled for us instead His £600 per week put me over my wage budget but I figured it was a gamble worth taking. He's really brought a better attacking balance to the side; delighted with him.
    Yeah he looks good for that level. That's one position i'm definitely missing some depth and quality at, AMC. I still have Hewitt-Fisher who's been with us since BSS and I did get a guy in on loan but he tore his calf in he first preseason game so he won't be back til after christmas.

Amateur

Picked up this guy on a free after he was released by Arsenal. My scouts said he has the potential to be a leading championship striker, but I just don't see it. Do you guys?

Ron Davies

Third Team
    You can't put very attractive can you? it looks like arrogance. Put attractive... she'll see me.

Quote Originally Posted by minisav View Post
    Well done on survival. Coding a little messed up unfortunately
    Thanks for the good luck messages.

Good luck to all of you also.

unfortunatley i'm a complete novice with code so it was bound to happen, got no idea what i'm doing if i'm honest.

Third Team

Picked up this guy on a free after he was released by Arsenal. My scouts said he has the potential to be a leading championship striker, but I just don't see it. Do you guys?

Ron Davies
    Nah he doesn't look it to me, can't do any harm on those wages though. Maybe loan him out and see how it goes.

Semi Pro

Ron Davies

to be honest he looks awful. i think your scouts over rated him. What are your scout's JPP?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    to be honest he looks awful. i think your scouts over rated him. What are your scout's JPP?
    Yeah i just listed him for loan. I mean, you never know, he could progress impressively I guess.

And i have one at 14/17, one at 15/10 (needs to be replaced) and one at 11/12. So i mean, they're not awful. Still kind of weird.

Semi Pro

Yeah i just listed him for loan. I mean, you never know, he could progress impressively I guess.

And i have one at 14/17, one at 15/10 (needs to be replaced) and one at 11/12. So i mean, they're not awful. Still kind of weird.
    i suppose he could improve rapidly in a few years and prove me wrong

Amateur

i suppose he could improve rapidly in a few years and prove me wrong
    I mean, i'm not holding out for it, but if he does, it'd be great. I need to sell him really, get that $, that'd put me close to out of debt. I'll keep everyone updated if there's anything noteworthy that occurs.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Looks like your scouts have been having a laugh at your expense there, Dons

Signed a deal for a guy called Edwin Waweru to join us at the start of next season (just missed the free transfer deadline this season). Released by Auxerre at the end of last season and will cost me £525 per week in wages, so I'll have to be tighter in other areas of the squad, but he looks brilliant for this level and my scout, Jason Koumas, is raving about him. Have been able to scout France this season (guessing the cash raised from last season's cup run helped in that decision) but he's the first quality player that has come through being able to scout there.

Amateur

Signed a deal for a guy called Edwin Waweru to join us at the start of next season (just missed the free transfer deadline this season). Released by Auxerre at the end of last season and will cost me £525 per week in wages, so I'll have to be tighter in other areas of the squad, but he looks brilliant for this level and my scout, Jason Koumas, is raving about him. Have been able to scout France this season (guessing the cash raised from last season's cup run helped in that decision) but he's the first quality player that has come through being able to scout there.

WOW. He looks tremendous. Shame you couldn't get him for the second half of the season run in. But looks fantastic. Could be a difference maker for some time to come for you Terk.

And yeah, we'll see, if nothing else, I can sell him and raise a little extra cash.

Semi Pro

He looks amazing, and only 525/week looks like you've picked up a real bargain. I never found any good players when scouting france till i got into the premier league

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I have to say that so far Jason Koumas = scouting legend, at this level at least. He was the one who found me Bostock as well, so he got a nice big contract extension

Part-timer

Just had a look to see why Man Utd ended up in the Euro Cup and not Champs League and turned out they ended 5th due to a surprise team getting 4th......... West Ham???

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

We had a good year last season and with a young squad I was confident of taking the club forward.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We almost led from start to finish. Liverpool, who won the league last year were no where to be seen. Despite spending all that money, Man City sild even further down the table.

Community Shield - despite a comeback, we got the win we deserved.

FA Cup - things were going well until the semi final against Villa.

Carling Cup - the win against Chelsea was key as we won the final easily.

UEFA Champions League - despite the opening loss, the group stage was easy enough. A series of home wins and away draws set up a final against title rivals Man Utd, which we won surprisingly easily.

Transfers - another huge profit was made, which strangely seemed to help our performances on the field.

Squad - the number of English players is rising as I start to look to the future.

Key Player Profiles:

Emilio Sacchi - he's finally made it as our top scorer. Being described as a world class striker, I'd expect that at least.

Tom McGoldrick - the main reason I sold Sahan. His goals from midfield showed I had made the right decision.

Chris Blackmore - easily his greatest season yet, but he's getting on a bit.

Steve Shutt - the rock of our midfield, straight from our youth academy.

Greg Scales - one of our new hot prospects, who has improved a lot.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    Next Season

It seems that we are back to our best, so my short term aim is to maintain this success in the hope of the board building a new stadium. I'm going to need to continue to balance the finances so I may still need to sell off the stars in favour of talented youngsters.

Amateur

NJ dafuge. Interesting to see Oxford make it all the way to the PL too

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good to see Tooting claim the title again, Dafuge

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Final day of the season in League 2, still got a shot at a play-off finish.

7th MK Dons 75pts
    8th Lincoln 75pts
    9th Canvey 73pts

It is only a very outside shot, however, because on the MK Dons play Lincoln. Have to hope that they draw and we beat Port Vale by two or more goals. Going to be very tense.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

80 minutes
    Canvey 4 - 1 Port Vale
    Lincoln 0 - 0 MK Dons

81 minutes
    Canvey 4 - 2 Port Vale
    Lincoln 0 - 0 MK Dons

86 minutes
    Canvey 4 - 2 Port Vale
    Lincoln 1 - 0 MK Dons

Full Time
    Canvey 4 - 2 Port Vale
    Lincoln 1 - 0 MK Dons

Denied by an 86th minute goal in a game I had no control over despite us putting on one of our best performances of the season. ****ing gutted.

Amateur

Unlucky Terk. That's awful. Better luck next go round.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Unlucky Terk. that is totally gutting

Part-timer

Unlucky Terk

Amateur

unlucky Terk. next season should be the one.

Semi Pro

Congratz on finally regaining the title dafuge.

Unlucky Terk, it was a good effort in the match against port vale, you just have to hope your team plays like that all of next season
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 30-01-2010 at 10:53.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers guys It does at least give me hope that we can make a push for promotion next season. Update coming soon.

Semi Pro

Here is my League Cup Run this season:

2nd Round: 3-0 won away to Swindon
    3rd Round: 2-2 won on penalties at home to Burnley
    4th Round: 2-1 won at home to Peterborough
    Quarter Final: 1-0 won at Home to Blackburn
    Semi Final 1st leg: 2-2 vs West Ham away
    Semi Final 2nd leg: 2-2 vs West Ham at home won on penalties
    Final vs Man City

Could i beat them again, i beat them earlier in the league 1-0 or would my team bottle it in their first ever final of a major tournament

The final did not start well after just 16 mins Theo Walcott found himself clean through and made no mistake about the finish

However we got back into the game and after 39 mins we equalized after a mistake by their right back allowing Sazanov in to cross for Biagioni to finish into the bottom corner

We were then dealt a cruel blow on the stroke of half time, after playing well throughout the 1st half and looking to go into half time with a draw. Theo Walcott lost his marker and slotted home from 6 yards from an excellent counter attack by Man City

We never really got going after half time and a 3rd Man City goal (which looked very offside, although having done some Andy Gray style analysis on it maybe my right back was playing him on) came in the 54th min which killed us off and thats they way it stayed.

Never the less i am happy with my players, we matched Man City for large parts of the game and maybe next time we will win a trophy.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Canvey Island
    League 2
    2015/16

League 2
    With the media predicting us to finish dead last and the board just hoping that we could sneak survival, the prospects didn't look bright. We started better than anyone expected, however, setting ourselves up nicely in mid table before a mid season slump (five defeats in six games) threatened to send us tumbling down the table. We picked up though and almost sneaked into the play-offs on the final day. Having won 8 of our final 9 games we were denied by an 86th minute goal at Lincoln which kept us out of the play-offs by just a single point.

League Position Graph

League Cup
    A win over Championship side Coventry was a good early season boost to our confidence before we got fairly well pummelled by another Championship side, Sheffield Wednesday in the second round.

Johnstone's Paint Pot
    A couple of penalty shoot out wins over League One sides (Gillingham and Bournemouth) were similar boosts to our confidence, really letting us know that we can compete against League sides before we fielded a weakened side against Leyton Orient in the semi final to avoid a fixture pile up.

FA Cup
    Another great run, we beat Hayes & Yeading in the first round before thumping League 1 strugglers Northampton 5-1 in the second round. A trip to Villa Park was our reward, more money spinning goodness, and we put in an excellent performance, going down 2-1 with our heads held high.

Transfers
    Early in the window I found it difficult to bring players in but eventually we found some quality, particularly in the Premier League loan signings that we picked up, but I enjoyed spending my first real transfer budget as well. We strengthened in January after our downturn in form and in particular, John Bostock and Graeme Kelly did well for us. We'll have to be similarly clever in the market next season.

Key Players
    There was no absolute stand out like James Foster last season, but the striker did have another good campaign. He struggled over the first half with both form and fitness, but once he struck a good partnership with on loan Spaniard Juan Collado the goals started flowing once more. Goalkeeper Jeet Padaruth continues to impress between the sticks. My coaches think he's playing at the absolute limits of his ability and we should look to replace him, but there are more important parts of the squad to work on right now.

Jim Gordon struggled with injury over the course of the season but when he was fit he showed that he's very capable at this level, and Graeme Kelly provided superb cover for him in the second half of the season. Loan signing Enrique Bernardini quickly became a favourite of mine with his tricky wing play, and with his contract at Liverpool up in the summer I'm hopeful that something can be done to get him here permanently.

Our signing of the season was almost certainly John Bostock. Having spent time with Llanelli after being released by Spurs, he welcomed the chance to get back into English football and he really provided our midfield with a better attacking balance. He'll be vastly important to us next season. As will Kostas Tsioukas, my big Greek centre back who keeps improving and making it difficult for me to leave him out. Finally, we picked up former Man City striker David Ball after he impressed against us for Braintree last season, and he had an excellent first half of the season, though was a little disappointing in the second half.

Next Season
    I'm sure the board will want somewhere around mid table, but there's no question in my mind of where we should be aiming, and that's for promotion.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season              League               Final Pos.              Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
    2010/11       Blue Square North             5th             Lost in play-off semi final
    2011/12       Blue Square North            12th           Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
    2012/13       Blue Square South            10th                        None
    2013/14       Blue Square South             4th               Promoted via play-offs
    2014/15      Blue Square Premier            3rd               Promoted via play-offs
    2015/16           League 2                  8th                        None

Canvey Island 100 Club*
    Code:
    Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
    (Dates at club)

Jeet Padaruth (GK)            168 (198); 63 (72); 6.95
    (2012-Present)
    Joseph Owusu Tabiri (DR, MRC) 105 (130);  3  (4); 6.91
    (2012-Present)
    Theo Angus (DL)               101 (122);  0  (2); 7.08
    (2012-Present)
    Matthew Darlow (DC)           155 (185); 15 (18); 6.84
    (2011-Present)
    Ismail Yakubu (DC)            102 (113);  4  (4); 7.09
    (2013-Present)
    Mark Hartmann (MC)            166 (197); 19 (29); 6.91
    (2010-Present)
    James Foster (ST)             107 (129); 61 (71); 7.21
    (2013-Present)
    Kyle Wilson (ST)              103 (120); 36 (44); 6.96
    (2013-2016)

*This is a new feature tracking those who have played 100 or more league games for me at Canvey Island. With goalkeepers, the league goals (overall goals) figures are replaced by clean sheets.
    Last edited by Terk; 30-01-2010 at 12:56.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Losing in a final is always gutting, hrbfc Hopefully you can make up for it next season.

Amateur

we got drawn against Barrow away in the 3rd round which we won 3-0. Im now in the 4th round for the first time and I got Crewe at home. I have a really good chance of getting to the 5th round.

Amateur

Beat Crewe at home 3-0 and now in the last 16 I have got Man Utd at home. Obviously if it was away it would have been better but it will do.

Third Team

I was getting a bit giddy with Truro, start of the season we looked like it could be a bit of an outside title challenge. At the halfway point it looked at least Europe was on the cards. A 16 game winless streak meant we only avoided relegation by 5 points.

Amateur

i'm 20-1 to beat United. Here we go.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's harsh, Drowning

Good luck, Liverbird

FMS Moderator Emeritus

It's only a pre-season friendly, but this should at least be a bit of a confidence boost.

Amateur

nice result Terk. Final score was Kings Lynn 0-4 Man United good attendance of 8,200.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Ha finally it's happened - my strikers hadn't scored for 1102 minutes between them and they scored in the same game.

Amateur

It's only a pre-season friendly, but this should at least be a bit of a confidence boost.
    GH does love a good smashing. Waweru showing his class there too. I have a feeling he's going to be a big hit for you Terk.

Also congrats on the 5th round and getting Man Utd Liver!

Semi Pro

Unlucky Terk on just missing out on the playoffs. I'm liking the 100+ appearances for the club thing. I might copy that for my next season update if you don't mind

Amateur

Could anyone point me in the direction of any saves where the first season has been holidayed?

Semi Pro

Something odd happened at the start of the season, I recieved the young players released message. When I clicked to check the list of players it was empty. No one of my rivals has signed someone who was apparently released by West Ham a couple of years ago, I check their transfers from that year and there was no trace of him.

Amateur

how can you holiday to 24 june if u start in july?

or is it 2010?

Semi Pro

2010 then create a new manager.

Amateur

thanks im already in september in 5 mins
    can somebody recommend a club"

Amateur

I have just took charge of Carshalton, so I will post my screenie soon

Amateur

http://i46.tinypic.com/1ewht4.jpg
    took hednesford
    im dutch and turkish in rl

Amateur

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Unlucky Terk on just missing out on the playoffs. I'm liking the 100+ appearances for the club thing. I might copy that for my next season update if you don't mind
    Cheers I was truly gutted at missing out, kept frantically checking the latest score page and nearly screamed when Lincoln's goal came through

Feel free to copy the 100 Club idea, thought it would be a nice idea to keep a track of those players who've made a significant contribution to the club, and to see if I end up with anyone who gets over 100 appearances without really deserving them (like Djimi Traoré did at Liverpool ).

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck to both Tug and Jake

Amateur

My left winger, Robert Eagle, in for an injured starter, just had one of the most involved games i've ever seen a single player have on FM.

7th minute, he scored an own goal off a corner to put York up 1-0.
    2 minutes later, he scored a goal himself to make it 1-1.
    25th minute, he takes a corner which my center back volleys in, 2-1 us.
    46th minute, straight from the kick off, ball gets played out wide and he beats his man, crosses, and Paynter heads home to make it 3-1.
    2 minute later, 48th minute, Eagle's tackle goes straight to their forward on the edge of the box, and after a slipped through ball, they score and make it 3-2.

Eagle had a goal, 2 assists, an own goal, a tackle that lead straight to their 2nd goal, and won man of the match in a 3-2 win over York. Getting man of the match in a game you scored an own goal in after 7 minutes is impressive all in itself.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's brilliant, Dons You certainly couldn't accuse him of hiding from the ball.
    Last edited by Terk; 31-01-2010 at 01:11.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I'm not saying I enjoy revenge or anything, but given the circumstances of how Lincoln kept us out of the play-offs last season, this win felt pretty good Lincoln have actually started the season in truly awful fashion. They've played 6, drawn 1, lost 5, scored 1 and conceded 28. They'd already been beaten 6-0 by Northampton before we got to them. I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest

Third Team

Had a bit of think about my team and going to see if in the summer I can bring in two awesome young defenders. Depends how my new LB does and how my CBs perform this year. Have a very good DM who has problems with some of the squad so if needs be will move him on and put Rodwell into his natural DM position instead of CB and bring in a 24yo French one I spotted. Won't be getting any youth from my own system who are Prem quality anytime soon unfortunately.

Amateur

Pretty ridiculous. Good luck newbies. How's Waweru doing Terk? I'm very interested in his progress

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Taking his time to settle in (doesn't speak any English yet) but there have been some flashes of real quality. 4 games, 1 goal, 1 assist so far but some of his all round play certainly leads me to believe that he'll be a real asset. I've been fortunate so far because we're unbeaten in the opening 6 games, and with the rest of the team playing so well I can afford to give him the time he needs to get comfortable in the team.

Semi Pro

Sutton Utd Premiership 2020/21

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 5th round 2-1 to Sunderland
    League Cup: Lost 3-1 to Man City in Final
    League: 3rd - Champions League Place

League Table, League Graph
    Squad, Transfers

A very disappointing start saw us just above the releagtion zone with 9 games gone but things picked up thanks to Miguel Angel. This good form had a little blip during january while all my good players were getting nicked by bigger clubs but it continued sone after that and we ended well. We were even the 1st team to beat Man City that season.

I expected my team to get a Euro Cup place this season but they went 1 better to get a Champions League place, i doubt we can make a significant impact on the tournament but the income will do us good.

Player/s of the Season

Miguel Prats - Came in january and scored 14 from just 23 appearances

Paolo Biagioni - Partnered Prats during 2nd half of the season and played extremely well scoring 22 in 42 appearances

Miguel Angel - What would i do without him? he got us out of the slump we had at the start of the season with a string of good performances. He lost his 1st team place when Prats came in but is a useful sub scoring 12 in 14(23) appearances.

Edson - a solid 1st season for my keeper conceding just 60 in 48, not bad but will need better to compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man City

Idan Uzan - Another solid season from my cm gets a lot of small injuries though which can be quite annoying

Andrej Stolarik - His 5th season at the club and he is solid as ever, even scoring a handful as well

Daniel - a very good season from the "wonderkid" showed great potential, could have a difficult time keeping him though

Carioca - Spent good money on him in the summer and he proved his worth

Cups

Fa Cup: nothing special, the usual beating of lower league teams before succumbing to mid table sunderland, a bit disappointed. The League Cup however......

League Cup

2nd Round: 3-0 won away to Swindon
    3rd Round: 2-2 won on penalties at home to Burnley
    4th Round: 2-1 won at home to Peterborough
    Quarter Final: 1-0 won at Home to Blackburn
    Semi Final 1st leg: 2-2 vs West Ham away
    Semi Final 2nd leg: 2-2 vs West Ham at home won on penalties
    Final vs Man City

Could i beat them again, i beat them earlier in the league 1-0 or would my team bottle it in their first ever final of a major tournament

The final did not start well after just 16 mins Theo Walcott found himself clean through and made no mistake about the finish

However we got back into the game and after 39 mins we equalized after a mistake by their right back allowing Sazanov in to cross for Biagioni to finish into the bottom corner

We were then dealt a cruel blow on the stroke of half time, after playing well throughout the 1st half and looking to go into half time with a draw. Theo Walcott lost his marker and slotted home from 6 yards from an excellent counter attack by Man City

We never really got going after half time and a 3rd Man City goal (which looked very offside, although having done some Andy Gray style analysis on it maybe my right back was playing him on) came in the 54th min which killed us off and thats they way it stayed.

Never the less i am happy with my players, we matched Man City for large parts of the game and maybe next time we will win a trophy.

Finances:

Due to summer spending we spent the season in the red although we made roughly 1 mill profit/month which took us out of the red by january.

Finally my new stadium is a month away from completion, we gave Gander Green Lane a good send off with a 1-0 win over Peterborough which also secured us our Champions league spot

150+ appearances

Miguel Angel (ST): 267 appearances, 125 Goals, Average Rating 7.06
    (2014-Present)

Acoran Romero (DC): 217 appearances, 8 Goals, Average Rating 6.97
    (2012-2020)

Ezio Massaro (DL,DR): 191 appearances, 2 Goals, Average Rating 7.03
    (2012-2018)

Andrej Stolarik (DC): 161 appearances, 10 Goals, Average Rating 7.05
    (2016-Present)

Code:
    Career so far:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion 
    2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion
    2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
    2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
    2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
    2016/17   Championship            4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final
    2017/18   Championship            1st      Automatic Promotion
    2018/19   Premiership             13th     N/A
    2019/20   Premiership             8th       N/A
    2020/21   Premiership             3rd       N/A

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on qualifying for the CL. The bump in TV money should certainly help your finances

Semi Pro

Oh for Gods sake seven first teamers now out - 3 of my back four, both strikers and two starting midfielders. It really dosen't want me to go up this season.

Amateur

Hastings United - 2012/2013 - Blue Square Premier

Well, a carbon copy of last season really. Media prediction was 18th, we finished 8th again after another dreary post-christmas slump.

---

Season Summary

Final Table
    League Positions - Graph

Cups: We made it to the 1st Round of the FA Cup where we were beaten by Plymouth 3-1, but we deserved to get at least a replay if not the win outright. The FA Trophy we were knocked out by Gateshead in the 2nd round on penalties when we dominated both games (40 something shots total, 3 goals over the 2 games).

---

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    Next Season
    We're well settled into the BSP now, so my personal goal would have to be promotion this season, if only to boost our attendance numbers which aren't enough to run a club at this level.

Amateur

First 3 games in the league:

Carshalton 0-1 Farnborough
    Weymouth 1-3 Carshalton
    Carshalton 1-1 Dover

So the home form so far has been very shakey, so I will be looking to tweak the mentality I have been currently playing at home. The finishing of my players have been very very poor so far as well, apart from the 2nd half of the Weymouth game. I need to try and stop the team from having so many long shots, and work the ball into the box more to create more chances that way.

I have noticed that we always have a height advantage, the first three games this has occured. I should have really adapted the tactic to play more physically and more direct, its these small things I will learn from playing lower league management.

Amateur

Two things.
    First, anyone remember this guy? From, oh, say last year's thread and an infamous poster?
    And second, Teixeira obviously felt like he didn't need to be on the field and that 10 men was enough for an entire game after this red card.

Semi Pro

My last 5 games have all ended 1-1, still can't complain really as I'm still 7 players down, and now another on international duty.

Just got humped by the 14th placed side 4 shots 3 goals lost 0-3.

My latest 1-1 draw stats

Shots 20
    On Target 10
    Woodwork 2
    CCC's 3

There stats

Shots 3
    On Target 1
    Woodwork 1
    CCC's 0

It's really starting to **** me off.
    Last edited by Swindon69; 31-01-2010 at 09:52.

Semi Pro

Two things.
    First, anyone remember this guy? From, oh, say last year's thread and an infamous poster?
    And second, Teixeira obviously felt like he didn't need to be on the field and that 10 men was enough for an entire game after this red card.
    I remember Brennan pretty well. In fact my scout just found him and I've signed him too In my game he is a AMR/C.

Youth Team

Well he wasn't wrong, was he

Amateur

my game crashed aaaa
    didnt save im manager of maidstone now ill post pictures soon

Amateur

2018-2019 Season Review-Kings Lynn-League 2

After surviving last season I was hoping to push on and get a top half finish. In the summer we got taken over but there is no plans for any investment. We started the season slowly and it looked like we would be in for another relegation battle. But good runs of results saw us climb up the table and at one point we were level on points with the last playoff spot but we fell away towards the end into 9th which I am very pleased with.

The main highlight of the season was our FA Cup run where we reached the 5th round before being beaten comfortably 4-0 by Manchester United.

Stars of the Season

Stars of the season were my 3 most creative players.

Scott Norris-young forward I signed this year he was brilliant. If he had higher composure he would be brilliant at this level.

Nick Main-My advanced playmaker contributes brilliantly from midfield with some important goals and assists.

Sam Hill-My other striker who partnered Norris had him on loan last season got him permantly this season and he played really well.

League 2-9th
    League position graph
    FA Cup-5th round-Manchester United
    League Cup-1st round-Norwich
    Johnstone Paint-1st round-Rushden

Manager Overview
    Transfers

Next season promotion is the aim.

Code:
    Season    League                            Position       Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
    2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
    2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
    2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
    2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs	
    2017/18	  League 2			    21st	   None	
    2018/19	  League 2			    9th		   None

Semi Pro

Boston Utd BSP 2014/15

Hugely dissapointint second half of the season - I lost 7 players to injury and had an enoromous run of 1-1 draws where I pounded the opposition smashing shots against the woodwork etc.

Finished in 3rd place and was banned for the 1st leg where Histon beat me 2-0 to record their first ever win against me, I then played in the Trophy final a few days later which I won beating Torquay on penalties.

Three days later I drew the home play-off leg 2-2 and went out.

I'm seriously thinking about whether I want to continue playing this - I fed up with elements like being twice as likely to hit the woorwork and opposition keepers being twice as likely to pull off great saves, my players being kicked off the park and shirt pulling being seen as worse then two footed lunges or elbows in the face.

Part-Timer
    I'm just sittin' here, I ain't saying much I just think.

Amateur

Ive just realised that I'm using 10.1 patch still, will it be better to use 10.2?

I might as well do it now and holiday the season while the match is about to start

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I do think 10.2 is an improvement, so yeah, I'd patch up before I started if I were you.

Semi Pro

Well I've decided to continue - totally revamped the team, with my 39 player/coach retiring from playing I've gained knowledge of Spain.

As a result I've managed to pick a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid keeper who to my shock has pulled off more great saves in 6 games then his predecessor,and a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid striker called Sunday N'Diaye who dosen't look fantastic but has Acc 14, Pace 13 and finishing 15 who's scored 6 in 6 so far.

Also junked 4-4-2 in favour of 4-2-3-1.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swindon69 View Post
    Well I've decided to continue - totally revamped the team, with my 39 player/coach retiring from playing I've gained knowledge of Spain.

As a result I've managed to pick a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid keeper who to my shock has pulled off more great saves in 6 games then his predecessor,and a 21 year old ex-Real Madrid striker called Sunday N'Diaye who dosen't look fantastic but has Acc 14, Pace 13 and finishing 15 who's scored 6 in 6 so far.

Also junked 4-4-2 in favour of 4-2-3-1.
    I hope these changes work for you. I know how frustrating it can be when you create loads of chances and can't score then they score with only 1 shot at goal in the whole match.

Good luck with your new tactics and players

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good to see you're sticking with it, Swindon

The 2016/17 season has started superbly for me, we're top of League 2 after 10 games, have already had a League Cup game against West Ham which netted us some £300K and we're scoring goals from all over the place. Only sour note is that my 6'6" Irish centre back stuffed his ACL and is out for 11 months

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Kings Lynn - Blue Square North - 2010/11

Following two previous attempts at this challenge that were both curtailed by corrupted saves and crash dumps, I have finally decided to take another shot at it.

Forgot My Profile Post so here it is

Profile 1, Profile 2

We were predicted by the media to finish 19th so I knew I had a lot of work to do.

League Table
    League Positions Graph
    Transfers
    Squad

We made a cracking start and won 5 of our first 6 games, we hit the Play Off places from the start and never really looked back. We did hit a slump in the middle of the season but pulled it back pretty quickly and finished strongly to take the Title.

The Cups were not Kind to us this Year and we really made no impact at all

FA Cup – Took a 4-0 hiding in the 1st round proper from Luton

FA Trophy – A 3rd Qualifying Round defeat here

Key Player Profile

Robert McCormick – My Star Player, Scored a hatful and performed heroics all season

Kyle McAusland – Partnered McCormick and did well, Scored his fair share but also suffered with Injuries.

David Stephens – Rock Solid at the Back

Craig McShea – Utility player and used between both wings and striker position, probably didn’t allow him to perform to his best

Tom Millar – Midfield Enforcer, tireless around the pitch and made the most of Limited ability

Solomon Shields – The Creative part of the Midfield two, Scored a few and created many more

Code:

Career Overview

Season     League                 Position           Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North        1st              Champions, Promotion
    Next Season

The squad in its current state is not up to the next step, more ins and outs are vital if we are to survive,

First aim is to establish a decent start and hope we are within striking distance of the Play offs around January,

More realistic is to strengthen and stay up in order to push on the following year.

Amateur

Okay, I have holidayed the first season and I'm in the process of reloading to get a team I want to use. The problem is, I don't know which team I should use

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I'd suggest you go with a team who have a reputation of over 1,000 unless you want to make it really challenging for yourself.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I do actually feel sorry for Lincoln now after their start to the season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast