+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,900 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Youth Team

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    Just signed a player for £1 So much more satisfying than picking someone up on a free.

Coming towards the final 10 games of the season now, starting to get really hopeful that we can keep our play-off place.
    Can just imagine, you're sat in the other manager's office, you conlude the deal, shake hands, then you go to leave.

*Ahem*

"Yes...? Oh, why of course"

*Digs some change out of pocket*

Third Team

Boston United - Season 7 - Premiership - 2016/2017

Media Prediction - 5th
    Final Position - 1st
    FA Cup - Winners
    Carling Cup - Winners
    Europa - Finalists

League Table
    Position Graph
    Transfers
    Finances
    Manager Profile
    Manager Personal

Got off to a horrible start in the league. Took me a few rounds to find my feet and allow the team to gel. Found it though and managed to get into the Champions League places. At the turn of the year I was challenging for the title. Down the stretch I had a cluster of fixtures due to being in different comps but pulled off the necessary results to win the league after the second to last game. Had a slight tweak to the tactics and improved performances a bit to help.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the win the FA Cup. Beat Arsenal to get my first hold of the trophy. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run and went to the Final. Beat Aston Villa again to get a repeat of the trophy.

In Europe I played Villa again in the UEFA Final. Close game but they just edged us on pens. Nice little run and highlighted by a 7-0 trashing of Depotivo. Also had a 4-1 win over Juventus after being beaten in the 1st leg of the Semi.

Made a few nice transfers this year. The signings contributed well. Key among them was Taison. Also got in a new CB partnership in Morais and Gueye. Moving on the former though to get in a much better younger CB, 20yo IIRC. His scout report sees him being up for the big matches so that's nice. Donoso also played well as LB or RB. Kalinin did well on the right wing but he's much better in the centre. Gonna bring in another winger. Adebayor did a great job for me. Chipped in with a good amount of goals. Bolat was awesome between the posts. Hargreaves and Quaresma contributed well. Cuevas is a bit of a tricky situation and may move him on.

The club is now rated as Continental. I am a World Class manager. Also, am now one of the two legends of the club. New stadium named after the other on though as he was there before me.

Half of the challenge completed.

Awards
    Manager of Season
    Team of Year

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
    Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
    League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
    League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
    Championship         14/15       1st    Champions
    Premiership          15/16       5th    Carling Cup Winners
    Premiership          16/17       1st    Champions, Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup Winners

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Can just imagine, you're sat in the other manager's office, you conlude the deal, shake hands, then you go to leave.

*Ahem*

"Yes...? Oh, why of course"

*Digs some change out of pocket*
    I'd even throw in a 15% tip

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Holy hell, roseboy, that is some seriously quick progress

Semi Pro

A couple of very impressive seasons I'm actually about to do the same. I am almost finished with League 2 and have already won it

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

In my third season with Boston - still in the BSN having lost in the play-offs twice, once in the final and once in the semis.

Amateur

New laptop, new attempt...

Giving this another go with Marine.

Last edited by godemand; 18-01-2010 at 10:36.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Good to see there's a few of us going with Boston. I'm in the BSP in my 4th season with them

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Canvey Island
    Blue Square South
    2013/14

Well, given that the board were expecting a season of mid-table obscurity, I think they will be pretty happy with what we achieved.

Blue Square South
    The best defensive record in the league says something about our season, we built a very solid base and were very consistent throughout the campaign. As you can see from the league position graph, we were in and around the play-off places for the whole season, though despite a brief period of stunning form in the first half of the season we never looked remotely like claiming the title. Nevertheless, we comfortably finished fourth and booked a play-off semi final against Farnborough. Our spot in the final was sorted when we won the first leg 5-1, a second leg 1-1 draw just a mere formality. The final was against Ebbsfleet, who had collapsed in the final fifteen games from a comfortable lead, and we went ahead three times, eventually claiming the win that saw us promoted to the Blue Square Premier.

FA Cup
    A good run in this, my first to the opening round of the tournament proper, was massively helpful to the cashflow, especially as our game against Colchester was picked up for TV coverage. The win against Wrexham was a real high point of the season, and to be honest I was glad that we eventually lost after a strong showing against Colchester as it would mean less disruption to our fixture list in the second half of the season.

FA Trophy
    We stuffed Grays 6-1 in the 3rd qualifying round before being on the wrong end of a 3-1 scoreline against Gateshead in the 1st round. At least we reached the minimum target though.

Transfers
    It was a case of getting a lot of players through the door this season, although the fact that some of them didn't work out meant that the squad was a little bloated (though still below wage budget) by the end of the campaign. My first signing for a decent fee, Ismail Yakubu at £3,500, was a big hit but the most satisfying was paying £1 for Jim Gordon from Brentford, and seeing him make a big difference to our promotion push.

Key Players
    Undoubtedly our #1 player this season was striker James Foster. We picked him up on a free transfer after he was released by BSP side Crawley and his return of twenty-one goals and thirteen assists was a big reason why we did well. He proved to have a knack of scoring in 1-0 wins, and that level of importance saw him shortlisted for the BSS Player of the Season award.

My favourite player from last year, Mark Hartmann had another good season, but a two month injury gap coincided with a real loss of form for us and I hope he can make the step up in division next season. Jim Gordon proved to be a good late season signing whilst Ismail Yakubu was worth each of the £3,500 I paid for him.

Kyle Wilson was at times disappointing after his move from Havant & Waterlooville, but he started scoring regularly in the final third of the season, and his captaincy was vital throughout; the team performed far better with him around no matter what his level of performance was. The one player who continued to surprise me was goalkeeper Jeet Padaruth, brought in as a last option at the beginning of last season he has established himself well and truly as our #1 and fought off competition from four other goalkeepers who have been brought in during that time. Twenty nine clean sheets in seventy-nine league games for the youngster speak volumes about him.

Next Season
    Stay up. Please for **** sake just stay up. Losing a bit less cash would be nice as well. The FA Cup run helped with the finances this year, but we still leaked money overall, just to a considerably smaller degree than last season.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season              League               Final Pos.              Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
    2010/11       Blue Square North             5th             Lost in play-off semi final
    2011/12       Blue Square North            12th           Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
    2012/13       Blue Square South            10th                        None
    2013/14       Blue Square South             4th               Promoted via play-offs

Last edited by Terk; 18-01-2010 at 11:00.

Youth Team

Congrats on the promotion Terk

I am shocked. Last game in the Group fase of the Europa League. Hoffenheim vs Sampdoria and LOSC Lille vs Guiseley. Lille 12 points, Sampdoria 7 points, Guiseley 7 points and Hoffenheim 3 points. But because Sampdoria have got a better result vs us they are in 2nd place.

Hoffenheim - Sampdoria 92" 0-0
    Lille - Guiseley 92" 1-1

Hoffenheim - Sampdoria 93" 0-0
    Lille - Guiseley 93" 1-2 (means we are 2nd in the group!!!!)

Hoffenheim - Sampdoria end 0-0
    Lille - Guiseley 95" 2-2 (............................)

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Congrats on the promotion Terk
    Cheers I was pleased to have that level of consistency through the season, and if we can defend as well next season then we have a decent chance of staying up.

That's a horrible way to go out, foost

Terk: Nuneaton Town still in the North league?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Nuneaton won the Blue Square North last season and finished 12th in the Blue Square Premier this season. Seems that they were right to sack me

Third Team

Leveraged the future of the club by spreading payments but it's brought in quality and with decent tactics it's allowed for success.

Plus , I leave most games to the Ass Man to manage, take over if a bad run develops and tweak a few things and back on we go.

Also, frees are awesome if you're lucky.

Oh and TBH, the Championship was the biggest surprise. I didn't think I had the requisite strength of players but I walked it. The leagues further down though, as I said above frees regardless of age allowed me to build squads of similar quality to the top teams in the divisions. Have to be ruthless and ship people out even if they were great the season before. Takes a while for the team to gel but as promotion is the aim, 'tis necessary.
    Last edited by roseboy64; 18-01-2010 at 14:08.

Ha! So next season will have two great games! Destroying Nuneaton!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

If all that happens next season is that I get revenge on Nuneaton then I'll be a happy camper

Just seen that Tranmere have been relegated from League 2, so we'll get a nice day out to Prenton Park.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

\o/ TV money \o/ It may only be £30K for the BSP but it's very welcome when your finances are like ours.

Wow, Gitinov just played his first game for us (it's 5 januari atm), and he did awesome. Scoring 1 goal and giving 2 assists... Ok, ok it was vs Port Vale (League 2) in the FA Cup but still!

How shocking... I signed Cristiano this season for € 17.5M. A lot of money, but I think he was worth it. He started of really great at midfield, but now after 6 months Manchester City make a bid of € 35M + 15% profit. I do think it is a great offer and maybe I should do it and buy another player for less but I am gonna reject it. I think Cristiano can become a club legend. Hope he won't get mad :s

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

If all that happens next season is that I get revenge on Nuneaton then I'll be a happy camper

Just seen that Tranmere have been relegated from League 2, so we'll get a nice day out to Prenton Park.

Congratz on promotion Terk. Hope you destroy Nuneaton in your 2 revenge matches.

I've just noticed Hartlepool are in the BSN in my game

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers, hrbfcrule We don't play Nuneaton until November, so we've got plenty of time to get used to the level required before we school them

Got the first win on the board early Lost our opening game 1-0 at Kidderminster, having put in a really good effort. Then played Forest Green away, 2-0 down inside ten minutes but fought back to win 3-2.

Third Team

Truro - BSS - 2010-11

Media prediction: 18th (League table)
    Actual finish: 12th (Can't find league positions graph?)

FA Cup: 4th qualifying round
    FA Trophy: First Round

Transfers
    Finances
    Very grim losses

Disappointing season overall, really wanted a good cup run but was knocked out by a lower league team (Cleveden) and played abysmal in both legs and they deserved to go through. We did start well but but faded and started conceding more stupid goals. I'll take the blame for not doing better for playing some bizarre formations and signing some dreadful players. Although I signed loads of players I was always under my wage budget by about £2.5K. Just looking through my squad now and no-one had an excellent season worth posting, most just got solid rating throughout with the odd shocker thrown in.

Next season

Have been given a wage budget of £6K (currently spending £4.7K) so have got room to play with. The bookies have given me 40-1 to go up but I don't think I'd be putting money on myself but really do need play-offs at least!

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South          10/11       12th      N/A
    Last edited by jack_man; 18-01-2010 at 18:44.

Amateur

Bedford BSN 2010/2011

Finished my first season. After an incredible final 8-10 games I found my self with a chance of gainning a play-off spot. With only 1 spot remaining in the final game of the season it was between ourselves and Fleetwood. Guess who we were playing in the final game...thats right our final play-off spot contenders at home. News of the outcome and a full season report to follow later.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jack_man View Post
    Truro - BSS - 2010-11

Media prediction: 18th (League table)
    Actual finish: 12th (Can't find league positions graph?)
    click on the position number on the league table.

Semi Pro

Finally we've had a good start, with 5 games unbeaten at the start of the season. The sixth was a defeat, and YET AGAIN Phil Parkin got injured. He's out for 3-4 months :O Hopefully we will keep in touch with the pack by January when he returns. He was playing really well, too - we kept keeping clean sheets!

Amateur

i just started this challenge i chose nuneaton hoping they can bring me some joy

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KellierBohs View Post
    i just started this challenge i chose nuneaton hoping they can bring me some joy
    welcome and good luck

Semi Pro

Season 3 knocked out of the FA Cup 2nd qual round despite outplaying the opponents, their keeper pulled off one great save and I hit the woodwork 3 times in my 1-0 defeat.
    Last edited by Swindon69; 18-01-2010 at 20:14. Reason: correcting cup

Amateur

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...lenuneaton.jpg[/URL]

sorry the dates a bit off i was too caught up in my new job

Semi Pro

Does anyone know how much it costs to play in the U18 league ?

I'm thinking of not entering it next year and only have the reserve team running.

Quote Originally Posted by Dons2387 View Post
    Congrats Terk.

MMUK, any chance of a screenie of the best player you picked up? How much TV money are you getting a month?
    Paraguayan Centre Back Rodrigo Maidana was my best signing and he became a Wonderkid just after signing and TV Money brings in £2.26m a month.

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    Paraguayan Centre Back Rodrigo Maidana was my best signing and he became a Wonderkid just after signing and TV Money brings in £2.26m a month.
    He looks tremendous. Really good stats at all the right spots for a center back. And thats a lot of money. Long way to go for me at this stage

Semi Pro

Im starting to get VERY frustrated. After that fantastic start (10 points from 4 games), Parkin got injured and now my injury list is MASSIVE...check it out!. And its all the important players - Parkin, Lake-Gaskin, Hatton...

Well this should make things Interesting my Chairmans Status is now 'Will to Listen to Offers'

And Man Utd have just had a Tycoon takeover which will make winning the league in the future just that little bit more harder

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    Well this should make things Interesting my Chairmans Status is now 'Will to Listen to Offers'

And Man Utd have just had a Tycoon takeover which will make winning the league in the future just that little bit more harder
    Keep us updated on any further developments.

And things just get better my Right Back who has personal problems, couldn't settle in England or handle first team football in the Championship has now demanded a move to a bigger club after Athletic the club I signed him from after they listed him declared an interest in him

Amateur

Season 1 - Bedford Town - BSN - 2010/2011

Media Prediction - 22nd
    Actual Position - 8th (Table) - (Positions Graph) - (Results 1/Results 2)

Review of Season:With the aim being to avoid relegation, Im glad we managed to achieve this and more. By the half way mark it looked like a mid table finish would be the best we could hope for. However, with a few good results here and there and a strong final ten games, a play-off spot looked on the cards. But 2 draws in the final games, with one coming against Fleetwood (our main rival for the final play-off spot) our hopes of contesting the play-offs were diminished. They went on to gain promotion.

Cups:

Fa Cup: Was pleased to make it as far as we did. Gave a good account of ourselves against better opposition. Board was pleased.
    Fa Trophy: The Board told us to enjoy the experience of participating. I took this oppertunity to give first team players a rest and give the others a game or two.

Transfers: Not the complete overhaule I had anticipated as I decided to give most players a chance and more players came in than out. The loan signings were great and I wonder if I had them for the whole season how different the final table could have been.
    Finances: Not great but not unusual at this level
    Squad: I was pleased with how the players that were already at the club performed and they were better than alot of the players I brought in. Going to weed out the weaker players to make room for League 2/BSP freebies.

Drew Rattlesnake_85 Key Player of the Year Award: Winner
    Runner-up
    *Both players were Bedford players before I arrived. They proved to me they have a part to play in my team.

Aims for Next Season: I just need a few quality players to take us to that next level. Perhaps 5-6 new faces and I think I could make a push for promotion.

Code:
    Bedford Town
    Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North           8th                      None

FMS Moderator Emeritus

4th after 4 games in the BSP, just beat Gateshead 6-2 (revenge for them beating me 3-1 in the FA Trophy last season). Tranmere had 10 points deducted for going into administration

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Very solid first season, Rattlesnake. Definitely gives you something to build on for next year

Semi Pro

Barely survived my 2nd season in the BSP. Full update coming shortly.

Semi Pro

Boston united season 4 2013/14

A disappointing season all in all with us only just avoinding relegation on the final day of the season. Will have to prepare fully for next season and do a lot better.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup Through to the first round proper for the second time before going out to Grimsby
    FA Trophy Disappointing here going out in the first round.

Transfers

Key Players

NO player could really be called key this season.

Finances

Code:
    Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
    2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
    2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none

Other Winners
    Premier League - Chelsea
    FA Cup - Liverpool
    Carling Cup - Arsenal
    Champions League - Barcelona
    UEFA Cup - Real Madrid
    World Cup - Brazil

Aims for next season

Finish higher up the table.

Amateur

Very solid first season, Rattlesnake. Definitely gives you something to build on for next year
    Thanks , It was one of my favourite seasons in a while with FM. I think my love of the game has risen to the level it once was with FM 07. Just shows how satisfying a season can be even if you don't win anything (trophies wise).

Good luck with the rest of your season in BSP, revenge is sweet

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers, Rattlesnake

Through the first ten games in my first BSP season now, my form is LWDWLLLWWW which puts us on 16 points in 5th place. The average number of points needed to stay up across the five seasons of the game so far is 48, so we're already a third of the way there.

My two strikers, the same two who fired us to promotion last season, have netted fifteen between them already this time round

Close one Almondo!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Close one Almondo!
    yeah I know. lost on the final day and was on tenterhooks for the rest of the results coming up. I saw welling had lost and actually cheered.

Amateur

Hi all

After numerous re-loads I have decided to go with Hastings! I am at work now till late tonight. I will post my screenshots as soon as I get back..

Roll on the challenge!

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2034/2035)

Premier League Prediction - 1
    Premier League Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    Nothing special to report other than the Chairman is leaving.
    Squad
    PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Bowler
    Robson
    Burke
    Brackenridge
    Elliot
    Canham
    Russel
    Webster
    Introducing:
    Gould

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Win the League Cup. Continue to do more youth work and try to play the youth a bit more

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
    Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
    Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
    Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
    Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  Champions League Winners
    Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED
    Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Premier League	      2031/32   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Premier League	      2032/33   1st	  Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
    Premier League	      2033/34   1st	  Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners
    Premier League	      2034/35   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Last edited by kaNovi; 19-01-2010 at 16:48.

Third Team

Amateur

Am Starting the challange with the mighty Sutton United!

Amateur

Terk,

How's AFC Wimbledon doing in BSP for you?

And Rattlesnake, how's that Tommy Jaczsun lad? Seems I always see his name but have never gotten him on my team as of yet.

Third Team
    You can't put very attractive can you? it looks like arrogance. Put attractive... she'll see me.

Started with Truro City:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8...miespencer.jpg

Didn't want to upload my profile until i'd got into the game, didn't think I had it in me to make it last longer than a couple of games.

Season went a lot better than I thought and we've ended up as Champions with a game to spare:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4...tabletruro.jpg

Star players were:

Paul Hakim
    Nick Main
    jamie Turley

The experienced Gary Holt has been great in defensive midfield too.

Semi Pro

Sutton Utd Championship 2016/17

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 4th round 3-1 to Chelsea
    League Cup: Lost 2-0 to crystal palace in 2nd round
    League: 4th Lost in playoff semi final

League Table, League Graph
    Squad, Transfers

Another poor start to the season which saw us with only 1 win in the first 5 games but i quick change in tactics saw our fortunes change. From then on we slowly moved up the league and peaked at 4th half way through the season. But our away form was dire we were drawing and losing far too many away games to keep up with the playoffs. During the 2nd half of the season we have always kept around the edge of the playoffs and during the last few games we have pushed up into the playoffs.

With 3 games left we managed to kick West Ham out of the 2nd automatic promotion with an incredible 5-0 thrashing at their own place.

Unfortunately 2 of the 3 games left to play were away from home, next match we got taken apart 4-1 by mid table forest. This dropped us down to 4th just 3 pts from automatic but 5 pts inside the playoffs.

Next up was a home match against Huddersfield, we were comfortably 3-1 up at half time then my star striker Miguel Angel scored another to make it 4-1 and get his hat trick. but we had to survive a mini fightback when they brought it back to 4-3 but we hung on to get the priceless win. This left us still 3 pts from automtaic but we had secured our play off spot

Last game of the season was against Bolton(8th) it was a bit of an anticlimax really, it was a bore draw. So we ended up 4th and will play Wolves in the playoff semi final:

Not a good omen, we lost twice to them in the season , 4-1 and 1-0

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg
    Embarrassing. Just Embarrasing. We were down 4-1 at half time and despite a change of tactics we still lost 5-2 and we were completely outplayed. This leaves us with a lot to do in the 2nd leg which im not sure my team is capable of.

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg
    Very disappointing, again we were outplayed but we managed to hold on to a draw. Wolves seem to be my bogie team.

Player/s of the season

Miguel Angel - brilliant season again from my star striker, came 3rd in championship golden boot. He scored 31 in 49 and is now Sutton's top scorer ever. Taking him to 81 goals in 147 appearances in his sutton career

Ronnie Chapple - solid defender, normally my tactics concede a lot of goals, so to only concede 64 in the league shows how well he did

Cups

League Cup: again disappointing, we were kicked out in the 2nd round this time by lower league opposition

Fa Cup: Comfortable victory in the 1st round then we were drawn against Chelsea in the 4th round for the 2nd succesive year this time at their place. We also lost to them for the 2nd succesive year this time it was 3-1, im happy with the performance though because Chelsea have run away with the premierleague this season.

Finances:

Chelsea match helped a lot generating 500k or so but again main income was huge profits in the transfer market. Despite this the board won't get me a new stadium which i am desperately in need of, we have been filling it for the past 2 seasons now. To make matters worse they wont even upgrade training and youth facilities claiming "they are one of the best in the league"

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion 
    2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion
    2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
    2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
    2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
    2016/17   Championship            4th      Lost in Playoff Semi Final
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 19-01-2010 at 21:59.

Amateur

5 games into the season im doing alright so far.

3 wins a draw and a loss to get me started. Including an odd scoreline of 8-2 over Worcester.

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...areNorth-2.png

Third Team
    You can't put very attractive can you? it looks like arrogance. Put attractive... she'll see me.

Our Truro squad is clearly no way near good enough for the BSP. Scott Rendell should be a good signing.

Amateur

Rattlesnake, how's that Tommy Jaczsun lad? Seems I always see his name but have never gotten him on my team as of yet.
    I used him as backup for Justyn Roberts at first, but when he got a long term injury Tommy came in and did a good enough job to keep his place in the first team. Incidently, im in the summer of my second season and Roberts has been released on a free and Tommy is now my first choice left back. Good enough left back for this level but probably not good enough should we gain promotion. Overall for a player that was at the club when I arrived, pretty good.
    oh and have him play defensivly and quite rigid otherwise he can sometimes get caught out at vital moments

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake_85 View Post
    I used him as backup for Justyn Roberts at first, but when he got a long term injury Tommy came in and did a good enough job to keep his place in the first team. Incidently, im in the summer of my second season and Roberts has been released on a free and Tommy is now my first choice left back. Good enough left back for this level but probably not good enough should we gain promotion. Overall for a player that was at the club when I arrived, pretty good.
    oh and have him play defensivly and quite rigid otherwise he can sometimes get caught out at vital moments
    Makes sense. Funnily enough, left back is actually one of the only positions i've got more than one first team quality player at, I just wondered because I tend to see his name a lot or maybe just recognize it because of the weird spelling, going all the way back to my first venture into LLM in FM07. Cheers for the response though

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Terk,

How's AFC Wimbledon doing in BSP for you?
    They're not doing anything in the BSP. They finished 2nd and got promoted last season and are currently 19th in League 2. They haven't played the MK Dons yet but it could be a fun fixture

Amateur

They're not doing anything in the BSP. They finished 2nd and got promoted last season and are currently 19th in League 2. They haven't played the MK Dons yet but it could be a fun fixture
    Lovely news. They were my team on FM07 the last time I did Dafuge's Challenge so I've got a soft spot for them for life now I think.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I love that power that FM has to let you form a bond with a team. I always look out for how Notts Forest are doing after a game on FM05, and Brighton were my first (and only so far) top to bottom success when I played as them on CM97/98 so I have a real attachment to them. Already I've started to look out for how Canvey are doing in real life. 8th in the Ryman Premier, by the way.
    Last edited by Terk; 20-01-2010 at 01:11.

Amateur

I love that power that FM has to let you form a bond with a team. I always look out for how Notts Forest are doing after a game on FM05, and Brighton were my first (and only so far) top to bottom success when I played as them on CM97/98 so I have a real attachment to them. Already I've started to look out for how Canvey are doing in real life. 8th in the Ryman Premier, by the way.
    Yeah I love seeing the teams I've been or players I've had and have been legends for me at my teams. I have a few like Brian Barry-Murphy, Julian Alsop, Mirnes Ibrahimovic, and others who I love to see doing well or featured on TV or Fifa, etc.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Jeff Minton, utter legend for me on 97/98, went on to play over a hundred games for Canvey, so taken him even more to my heart. Went with me all the way from then Division 3 to the Champions League final (which we lost).

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Things going very well in the BSP so far, 6th after 15 games. Just won 1-0 at Macclesfield Kept three clean sheets in the last four games, really pleased with my defensive set up now.

Part-Timer

Just started with Carshalton.

It'll be a difficult season with be struggling to avoid relegation, I predict. This seasons goal will be to stay alive and hopefully build on to next season.

I'll give a report at the end of the season.

Semi Pro

Nice one Terk. Hope you haven't put the forum jinx on your game now.

Have fun Herter.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    Nice one Terk. Hope you haven't put the forum jinx on your game now.
    Thought I had when we went 2-0 down at home to Newport Co. in the next game but we fought back for a 3-2 win. Two goals from my young centre back

Amateur

I changed my os and forgot to backup my saved games off footie manager before i wiped the laptop, so will have to restart. Holidaying now!

Part-Timer

Yeah I love seeing the teams I've been or players I've had and have been legends for me at my teams. I have a few like Brian Barry-Murphy, Julian Alsop, Mirnes Ibrahimovic, and others who I love to see doing well or featured on TV or Fifa, etc.
    Definitely agree with that. I remember I had a game early on in FM09 with Leigh Genesis. I had Man Utd as a parent club, and they loaned me Federico Macheda for a season, and he scored over 50 goals in the BSS.

I was so happy and surprised a few months later when he made his first real appearance for Utd and scored that beautiful goal against Villa.

Amateur

I'm now the manager of FC United of Manchester!
    FC United

gl Bilyletdinov7!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bilyletdinov7 View Post
    I'm now the manager of FC United of Manchester!
    FC United

Good Luck

Subs Bench

Right well having tries (and failed) at this challenge for the past 3 or 4 years i'm giving it another go!

Am manager of Kingstonian as they are the most local team to me

No profile pick as am at work now, and have no internet at home, so only time i'll be able to put up screenshots when at my girlfriends.

Also Snake and KoNovi while reading this thread it has been your games that have inspired me to try this challenge again-lets hope I can do half as well as you two!

Right, it is gonna be hard. Real hard. But it can be done!

With only 4 games to go: Premier League - League Table

Hardest part is the fixtures haha
    A: Aston Villa
    H: Arsenal
    A: Liverpool
    H: Man Utd
    Wembley: Tottenham (FA Cup Final)

Gonna sound strange but Liverpool and Man Utd are the easiest haha...

Third Team

Yeah Villa were great challengers to me last season.

Well, they won 4-2 against me... Need to win vs Arsenal otherwise I can start focussing on the FA Cup final..

*update 1*
    HA! I just see that they have the semifinal of the Europa League just before our game

*update 2*
    YES! We won 2-1 at home!!

League table now (2 games to go):
    Arsenal 76
    Guiseley 74
    Tottenham 73
    West Ham 70
    Last edited by foost; 20-01-2010 at 14:15.

Ok it is over... We draw 0-0 vs Liverpool and Arsenal won and won the Premier League for the 2nd time in a row.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Revenge is a dish best served in Nuneaton

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Ok it is over... We draw 0-0 vs Liverpool and Arsenal won and won the Premier League for the 2nd time in a row.
    Unlucky, foost

Ah well, it is better so. We were great this season but not yet that great. Can't wait for next season where I really want to win it!

Maybe I can win the FA Cup, will do my best..

Semi Pro

Scott Spencer - Merthyr Tydfil : The Martyrs - Season 1 and 2 Update

It's time for my first update. Really enjoying my time as manager of Merthyr!

Season 1

League Table
    Squad

We left it until the last game to secure our spot in the play-offs and managed to gain promotion beating Dover 3-2 in extra time in the final. Our main problem this season was finding the right tactic, I changed things around on numerous occasions and it made for a very inconsistent season.

In terms of transfer activity I changed the majority of the team around, bringing in a host of Scottish youngsters on free transfers. JoJo Connolly was the stand out performer from midfield, coming up with 10 goals and 12 assists, while Grant Gallacher had a solid season at the back. We managed to snap up Paris Cowan-Hall just before the play-off final in preperation for next season which is a positive move.

Didn't have much luck in the cups, with nothing noticeable to note. The board was taken over towards the end of the season and despite initial reports stating that I was to be replaced by another manager, I managed to hold on the job and the board are delighted with promotion.

Main Aims for Season 2
    Develop a consistent tactic.
    Bring in a more determined and experienced CM.
    Tighten things up in defence.

Season 2

League Table
    Squad

I spent a lot of time in pre-season working on our tactics, trying out a host of formations. I finally settled on a 4-2-3-1, using two CM's and two wingers. After spendingwatching a few friendlies in depth and changing the settings around to find the best match for our players I was finally confident that we were going to have a good season.

We exceeded expectations, finishing first in the league. We didn't start as we'd have liked, three draws and a loss in our opening three fixtures, however, once we got to December we went on a run of 8 straight wins in the league to put us in contention. A solid period over new year followed by another stunning run of performances in February put us in second position. With Burton suffering mixed form we managed to take top spot with 6 games to go and didn't look back. Tactically we were spot on and I firmly believe that its one of the best I've ever made in my FM career!

The main reason for our strong season was down to two boys who came through the academy. Dylan Wheeler was an absolute rock at the back, notching up some important goals and assists. He could do it all, and was deservedly crowned our player of the year. Ian Walters came through at the same time and tore defences to pieces from the right wing. It took some time to retrain him as an AMR but he's been a true revelation. Sunderland and a host of Championship teams were sniffing around them for the whole season but thus far i've managed to keep hold of them, I really think they could go down as true legends at the club. I've also got to give credit to our free summer signing Jimmy Ryan in midfield. He was fantastic, notching up 14 goals and really was the heart and soul of our team, giving his all in every appearance.

In the FA Cup we made the second round after some great performances. We were drawn away at Peterborough, flying high in the Championship. Incredibly we achieved a 1-1 draw and brough them back to Penydarren Park for a replay. They did however prove too strong and blew us away 3-1, although the deserved to win by a bigger margain. Still, a good all-round performace and a decent bit of money earned.

Main Aims for Season 3

Strengthen the team with free signings.
    Sell some of our mediocre players to generate some money.
    Get our finances back into positive figures.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       4th      Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion 

@#^$&% TERRIBLE! I hate the bloody referee! ... Well finished 3rd in the League because of a goal in the 95" min. With only 2 minutes extra time...

Amateur

Revenge is a dish best served in Nuneaton
    Nice!!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake_85 View Post
    Nice!!
    I was a bit pleased, should I admit that I ran round my bedroom with my shirt over my head in celebration?

Serious chance for me to make the FA Cup third round and hopefully get a massive money spinning tie. Got a first round replay against BSN side Braintree to negotiate (had to come back from 3-1 down to get a draw at their place) and then the 2nd round paired us with BSP side Morecambe. Tough but winnable, they're only two points and one place above us in the league.

Right. After all it was a terrible season. Lost the FA Cup final aswell haha (lost 2-1)... Tottenham is just way to good in my game...

Semi Pro

Unlucky foost on both the premier league and fa cup final. Good luck for next season

Also congratz Terk on beating Nuneaton, at their ground as well

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by darren1983 View Post

Also Snake and KoNovi while reading this thread it has been your games that have inspired me to try this challenge again-lets hope I can do half as well as you two!
    Nice to inspire people that means that somebody is actually reading the summaries ..

Good luck with this challenge!

Semi Pro

Just got through to the 2nd round of the FA cup for the first time.

edit: Have just seen that Man City have appointed Lothar Matthaus as manager
    Last edited by Almondo; 20-01-2010 at 16:11.

Amateur

After reading through the summaries here. I really want to have a go at this.

It's my first time am trying this challenge so be patient with me if I make errors in setting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator666 View Post
    I didn't download the ddt, loading all the players based in England using the custom database thingy did the trick for me...
    I had problems with the ddt file showing so I just followed like what you did. I guess it's not against the rules.

Just about to holiday

Semi Pro

Do you like my Team of the week

Amateur

I never got back to this again, decided I might aswell now. Closed my eyes and landed on Sutton Utd, here's my Profile.

Anyone know how I can put their crest into the game?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    I never got back to this again, decided I might aswell now. Closed my eyes and landed on Sutton Utd, here's my Profile.

Anyone know how I can put their crest into the game?
    Good Luck fellow Sutton Utd manager

Amateur

I was a bit pleased, should I admit that I ran round my bedroom with my shirt over my head in celebration?

Serious chance for me to make the FA Cup third round and hopefully get a massive money spinning tie. Got a first round replay against BSN side Braintree to negotiate (had to come back from 3-1 down to get a draw at their place) and then the 2nd round paired us with BSP side Morecambe. Tough but winnable, they're only two points and one place above us in the league.
    Just hope no one walked in to see that! GL in FA Cup

Amateur

Right. After all it was a terrible season. Lost the FA Cup final aswell haha (lost 2-1)... Tottenham is just way to good in my game...
    UL Foost. Any chance of poaching any of their players?

Amateur

lol this is could really be stupid but how should I check the new promoted teams to playable leagues so that I can take over one of them

Amateur

Just about halfway through my 2nd season in BSS with Truro. Amazing how many draws I've gotten. Always seem to manage to let one in at the end or score one at the end to finish 1-1 or 2-2. Here's a few screenies

League Table
    Stewart Yetton: Soon to be club legend, surely?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    lol this is could really be stupid but how should I check the new promoted teams to playable leagues so that I can take over one of them
    The original post has the list of teams that could be available. Another easy way to figure most of them is to look at their badge, if it's just a plain color, or two colors, without any logo or writing or anything, there's a good chance that team is playable. Just cross-check with the list on the first page and you're golden.

Amateur

Thanks Dons2387

I could only find 2 teams that got promoted...dnt knw where/which the third team was...anyways.. Took over Nantwich

Here I come - [IMG]DING...Clock..Click Here[/IMG]

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    Good Luck fellow Sutton Utd manager
    Thanks.

Can anyone help me with the badge thing?

Semi Pro

The original post has the list of teams that could be available. Another easy way to figure most of them is to look at their badge, if it's just a plain color, or two colors, without any logo or writing or anything, there's a good chance that team is playable. Just cross-check with the list on the first page and you're golden.
    not all newly promoted teams have a non-graphical logo.

The way I find the newly promoted teams, is to go into the league table, click on the first team, click on history and then league positions. That will show last seasons position, so if the team has just been promoted, the history will be blank. Then just cycle through the teams.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    not all newly promoted teams have a non-graphical logo.

The way I find the newly promoted teams, is to go into the league table, click on the first team, click on history and then league positions. That will show last seasons position, so if the team has just been promoted, the history will be blank. Then just cycle through the teams.
    True. Hence why I said the key words "good chance" After a few reloads you get used to what teams come up anyway and it's easy to tell them apart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast