+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,800 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Part-Timer

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Kingstonian (2033/2034)

Premier League Prediction - 1
    Premier League Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    Okay seriusly this WAS a very disappointing season After last years treble i was looking to try and win the only cup i havent won before.
    The league cup! but that didnt happen after our loss at home to Swansea. And that was just the start. The first game of the season we actually lost to the team who were predicted to finish 20.

In the Champions League we nearly didnt make it through the group stage and just snatched the last spot in the last game.
    The group was Valencia, Fiorentina and Dinamo. We went on to beat Lyon but in the Quarters Real was to good for us.
    And the most embarresing thing of the season; We LOST the semi-final of the Club world ch. to Americá !!

We did win the league yes, but it wasnt pretty! and we did get to the FA Cup final, but had a really easy draw all the way to the final
    FA Cup final still.. dissapointing season as we werent as strong as last year at all.

Ived just noticed that our Youth facilities has dropped down to good . hopefully this will be sorted by the board very soon!!
    Would be terrible to let down all the good youth products the club is capable to produce
    Squad
    Escobar BIO Deserves mentioning. Been astonishing all season, a true Kingstonian Legend!
    And won the European striker of the year and World player of the year, Footballer of the year and European player of the year.. He did also win the top goalscorer award happy he finally made it.

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Bowler Is unfortunaly showing signs of beeing injury prone won players young player award
    Robson
    Burke
    Brackenridge
    Elliot
    Henry Asked for transfer. Cant really let him play to much in the team.Not good enough unfortunaly
    Canham

Introducing:
    Russel
    Webster

Transfers
    Because of spreading bad morale i offloaded the top goalscorer from last season and got a bargain offered from Chelsea in the same position.
    Haper and Casado were pretty much equal so i earned 10m and got rit of the bad mood in the squad.

Goals for the upcoming season:
    win the League Cup

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
    Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
    Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
    Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
    Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  Champions League Winners
    Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED
    Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Premier League	      2031/32   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Premier League	      2032/33   1st	  Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners.
    Premier League	      2033/34   1st	  Premier League Champions, FA Cup Winners
    Last edited by kaNovi; 14-01-2010 at 21:25.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Goskii View Post
    i know the feelin thebaker, the board decided to upgrade my stadium, my first attendance for a premier league game at home to arsenal on the first day of the season? 108 people????
    with the 1 million cost of it added to the lost gate revenues i think it will cost me 5 million pounds to have the same number of fans at a game.
    unsurprisingly i have hardly bought any players in as i would be in the red, in fact i have sold nearly 12 million.

Amateur

What 108 ?
    ino, how stupid is that?

Ive lost so much finance over the whole fiasco.....

Part-Timer

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood - Season 2013/14 - League Two

After losing out in the playoff final last time around we got automatic promotion by coming
    second, just losing out to Rushden.

We went out in the Quarter Final in the Johnston's Paint Trophy and again the first round in the League Cup, but made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup only to lose heavily away at Charlton. Only 11,000 people turned up...

Our key performers:

Breno we had on loan from Arsenal and was immense, although unfortunately joined Everton at the end of the season so I could not sign him permanently.

Davide Enrico Somma kept to the usual high standard as in past seasons.

Luca Santonocito carried on his good work in midfield.

Kelly Youga did a great job in left back.

Jordy Brouwer banged in an absolute hatful of goals again to lead us to promotion.

Terry Canham also impressed and will hopefully do well in the future.

Alexander N'Doumbou, a bosman signing from Marseille, turned out to be one of the signings of the season.

In other news, Chelsea won the Premiership and the FA Cup, and Man City also won the League Cup. Real Madrid picked up the Champions League and Juventus the Europa League.

Aim for this season is to sign a squad capable of keeping us in League One, in particular some decent defenders are needed.

Part-Timer

Hmm, we lost £750,000 in the previous season. No Man City, but not good.

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Finished the first season with Truro and ended up coming sixth. Finances as usual are awful, but hopefully we can get up next season and that might help out some. Here's the squad and important players.

In goal was Brooks, who I thought had a pretty good season.
    Opinel played a lot at left back, though Ashton might be better.
    This kid looks like one for the future for sure, Kieran Nicholson
    Keogh played at center back some, as did Santos Gaia.
    Right back was David Pilgrim, someone the coaches love!

Center mid playmaker and playor of the season signed from Swansea surprisingly, Oliver Hewitt-Fisher
    Another center mid was Baker, who rotated with Taylor based on fitness and form.
    Right mid was mainly Edwards
    Left mid rotated between Afful and Watts

Up front, the main starters were Hoyles and the ever present Yetton.

Next year, hopefully we can gain the playoffs and possibly promotion, need to pick up some players for sure. Good luck everyone. Will be on the forums and keeping up to date with everyone elses progress a lot more now!

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    Sorry to hear that michaeltm.. How come? havent you signed good enough players or do they just not gell?
    I spent £30m bringing in new players this season however most of them are young and foreign as proven Premiership players are out of my reach (it really doesn't help that my scouts recommend I sign League One players) so hopefully it's just a case of hoping they settle and gell and working out the best tactics to use, though we have now followed the Everton game with a draw to West Brom and a win over fellow strugglers Bolton which has lifted our morale, the main worry is if morale drops and the higher teams start pulling away we'll find ourselves in trouble, thankfully it looks like Ipswich, Burnley and Coventry are in bad positions all I need is three teams to be even worse than us

My main problem is that I'm not normally in the Premiership in this position or at this stage, in previous years I've been stuck in a league and been able to build a team ready for the Premiership, this time around I made it to the Premiership whilst having a squad of about 12 players and no money, thankfully money is no longer a problem as the TV Money covers all of my expenses on it's own each month

Third Team

Hello After losing interest in FM recently I wanted a challenge and this is the best one, right? Just holidayed and found Truro had been promoted into the BSS. They have good finances with an estimated value of £150k and no debts!

Manager profile
    Start of season expectations

Onto the squad, it looks capable of at least reaching the play offs but no left backs or left midfielders so those are the areas to address first. I will likely be building the team around Stewart Yetton, although lacking the physical ability his mental stats and finishing ability should see him score goals.

Thats alls I've got time for now, will crack on with this properly tomorrow. Hopefully I'll last more than a season!

OK so Bolton beating Liverpool 4-0 and Man Utd losing to Coventry really does not help me

Amateur

Bedford 2010/2011
    9 transfers in (3 of which were already arranged)
    7 transfers out (mostly out of contract)
    decided not to raid Celtic and Rangers as usual
    played first game of the season beat Hinckley 3-1 at home, Nuneaton up next. Ive got a rigid and simple tactic which I hope these dunce's should be able to manage.
    Will have to wait and see if my new approach will continue to prove fruitful.

Amateur

Well we beat Nuneaton 3-0 and that puts me top after 2 games. Early days are promising as both games were accompanied by convincing performances. Im just hoping we can keep it up and that we dont nose dive

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Through to the first round of the FA Cup for the first time \o/ 2-1 win at Wrexham in the 4th Qualifying round earned us a home tie against League One side Colchester in the first round proper. Hopefully get a nice crowd.

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Congrats Terk.

MMUK, any chance of a screenie of the best player you picked up? How much TV money are you getting a month?

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Bloody Corby have kicked three of my strikers off the pitch in two games.

This is where I'd like the option to criticise the opposition manager for his teams thuggish challanges.

Just had a mental game 3-0 down in 15 minutes ended up winning 6-5.
    Last edited by Swindon69; 15-01-2010 at 09:15.

gl jack_man!

Season 2016/17 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 1st CHAMPIONS!

League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances

Best season ever in any FM game for me. Everything just went perfect. Thanks to my new chairman, tycoon, I got some money to spend to make my squad good enough. Next to transfers we got updates on everything. Youth and training facilities got updated and also our stadium. We moved to a new stadium called: Guiseley Stadium (how original). A 15136 all-seater with under soild heating. Our finances got alltime high with the new chairman investing money know and then... We started quite good but had to build confidence within the team. Thanks to Pascutti and later on Farina and Leo I just didnt get any goal against. With Massaro somehow becomming a machine in the trequista position.

FA Cup | League Cup | Europa League.png

The League Cup and FA Cup were on a low fire since we wanted to go for the Coca Cola Championship and the Europa League. The Europa League was great! We knew we could not win it, but I just wanted to get into the groupfase. With 4 qualifing rounds it was long but a great preparation for the season. The roundups were: Welshpool, Flamurtari, Slovan Liberec(!) and Iraklis.

Squad
    Transfers

We had a good year on the transfermarket. With € 6M to spend I went out and bought a striker, a winger for the future and later on two great defenders. On a free I got Pascutti and Gori who were in the first eleven very soon. Our great winger, Pierre Le Van, is in the first team next year aswell. He helped the team again with a lot of assists (24).

Best players of Guiseley this year:
    - Mads Flindt (our keeper, hopefully forever)
    - Pierre Le Van
    - Giorgio Massaro
    - Anderson
    - Leo
    - Marino Farina

Aim for next season: First of all: Survive! But I got a feeling that won't be a problem, since I just heard I got € 45M transferbudget!

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
    2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
    2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
    2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted
    2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
    2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for UEFA Cup
    2016/17    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	1st       Promoted, CCC Champions
    Last edited by foost; 15-01-2010 at 10:40. Reason: wrong url

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Season 2016/17 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 1st CHAMPIONS!

- Mads Flindt (our keeper, hopefully forever)
    Mads Flindt looks pretty good considering he's only 19. And an average of 7.11 is pretty good too.
    Last edited by MikaelS; 15-01-2010 at 10:47.

Next season (update soon) he got a 7.16 average!

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Congratz foost and good luck in the premiership. I agree with MikaelS Mads Flindt looks awesome for a 19 year old.

Congrtaz Terk on reaching the 1st round, hopefully the money it gets you will help your promotion push

Season 2017/18 Review - Guiseley in the Premier League - 6th

League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances
    Investments by the Tycoon chairman

Wow! That was some great debut! We started of great and finished great. We couldn't do better with these players I must say. We gave 200% every match and did our best. Man City, West Ham, Tottenham, Sunderland and Arsenal were just to good. Hopefully with some transfers I can get better and can face them. This season I got my first job offers, Ivory Coast wanted me as coach and a week after that Manchester United offered me a job. Of course I said no, but I feel honoured. I am very happy that I qualified for the Europa League since it was a close call. With 1 game to go the league table was like this.

FA Cup | League Cup

The League Cup went quite good. We made it into the Qtr final and were outplayed by Liverpool in extra time. The FA Cup was really terrible this year losing 0-4 at home against Man City.

Squad
    Transfers

€ 45M to spend. That is a lot!! But when you want a good player that is already there instead of training him up it costs ya. I started with making my defence stronger. Since I wanted some English players I went for: Curtis Davies (England International - € 5,75M) and Joe Mattock (England International - € 19,5M). Next was my midfield who really needed a great midfielder with experience. I went for Lee Cattermole (England International - € 15,5M). Our last signing was, in my eyes, almost wonderkid Jesus Mateu from Barcelona (€ 13M). At the end of the season he really became wonderkid btw . Then my scout somewhere in the end of november came back from Italy and found a great striker. Great? Cultured, world class, wonderkid style would fit him more. Gustavo Vidal became my biggest signing ever and with some wage/transfer changes I got the money to sign him (€ 20M + € 10M after 12 months). He is really the man where I will build my squad arround next season. Cristiano and Alexandr Gitinov (17years) are signed for next season already!

- Mads Flindt (great as ever - wonderkid)
    - Pierre Le Van (was quite good again, but maybe not good enough for the Premier League. Will give him another year.)
    - Giorgio Massaro (comparing with last season not great, but did ok)
    - Anderson (expected more from him, and will be on the bench next season)
    - Leo (did great, still not sure who must play next to Davies; Leo or Farina)
    - Marino Farina
    - Gustavo Vidal (only played 13 matches because of an injury still scored 9)
    - Jesus Mateu (wonderkid)
    - Curtis Davies (england international)
    - Joe Mattock (england international)
    - Lee Cattermole (england international)

Awards:
    - Young Player of the Year

In all those years I did not have any good youngster yet. The best is Chris Cooper a good League One player. I am selling him, since I want him to progress for himself .

Aim for next season: Well since my chairman put a lot of money in the club is great but the side effect is that we must not fight against relegation but he want us to end in the subtop. Right. Well this 6th place was nice, and I got a feeling it can go better but teams like Tottenham, West Ham and Man City are just way to good at the moment.

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
    2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
    2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
    2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted
    2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
    2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for Europa League
    2016/17    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	1st       Promoted, CCC Champions
    2017/18    Guiseley    Barclays Premier League 	6th       Qualified for Europa League

Third Team

Just noticed I have no season ticket holders!

Semi Pro

Things aren't going well in the championship. I'm at the first international break (mid september) with 1 win and 5 losses.

However for the 1st time ever i have reached the league cup 3rd round beating brentford and West ham (who are in the premiership). If only i could bring some league cup form into the league

Amateur

Great first season in the premier league foost, if you can improve by about 10 points you could sneek a Champions League place next season...good luck.

Thanks! Will do my best

The stages for the Europa League have been drawn... Argh:

Sampdoria
    Guiseley
    LOSC Lille Metropole
    Hoffenheim

Part-Timer

International Management

World Cup France

Didnt think i would have much of a chance winning World cup only 4 years after i won it with Brazil because the France national team were difinetly not as good.
    The Defence espacially was terrible, but luckely we had the best keeper in the world.
    Group Stage Lost the first match to Holland(5) and i thought
    it would be very tough to even qualify further. And with a scrape 1-0 win against Honduras things didnt look good, but we managed to win against Chile and move on

The Second Round Draw me with..... Brazil(10)! who had fired me just 3 years ago! we did very well.

Quarter Finals Mexico(12). Even tho we controlled the match we were unlucky we didnt finish it off and furtunaly won the penalties

Semi-Final Spain(3). One of the best countries in the world, and it was an even game, fortunaly we had the luck!

WORLD CUP FINAL England(1) the best country in the world and they DID play like that.we were under much pressure but managed to score a goal on counter attack!
    This was no way near enough to win against England because they really pressured us. Fortunaly my own Kingstonian youth product Burke made a stupid tackling and received a red card
    We were still under pressure tho! We were once again lucky and got a shot at goal which went in FRANCE WON THE WORLD CUP! Not deserved at all! but whatever

Now the England job has becomed available and im hoping that they choose me as the next manager!
    Code:
    Nation  Competetion           Year       Achievement
    Last edited by kaNovi; 15-01-2010 at 13:58.

Youth Team

Congrats on winning the World Cup again kaNovi I may even get to play Euro 2032 with England in a fortnight

Part-Timer

does anyone know what makes a player become listed as a wonderkid.
    I ask as i have 2 20 yo's listed as wonderkids, my coaches rate them at 3 stars ability.
    I have a 19 yo not listed as a wonderkid but my coaches rate him at 3.5 stars ability

Congratz kaNovi.

No idea Thebaker, was wondering the same.

Bah, just lost 1-0 vs Hoffenheim in the first match of the Europa League.

Amateur

Enjoy the challenge every year (since 07) and will start this year once I get my copy.
    Since I have a superstition that I only play as teams wearing red on FM, I was wondering which teams wear red the are eligable? (I did FC United last year so don't suggest them)
    Last edited by Jms09; 15-01-2010 at 16:00.

Part-Timer

while looking at the leagues in my game i worked out that of all the teams available for this challenge 17 have still not ever been promoted by 2027/28
    3 have reached league 2, Billericay was helped as it is my feeder club, in fact they lost in the league 2 playoffs last year

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jms09 View Post
    Enjoy the challenge every year (since 07) and will start this year once I get my copy.
    Since I have a superstition that I only play as teams wearing red on FM, I was wondering which teams were red the are eligable? (I did FC United last year so don't suggest them)
    Harrow, Didcot and Carshalton, Ashton are red and white as are kingstonain

Amateur

Nice one.
    Harrow looks like my likely destination

Part-Timer

England chose a different manager, buhuu their last manager A. Shearer was in charge for 8 years.
    I resigned from France as i dont think i will be able to win any other competetions.

Semi Pro

Hey guys. Sorry I took a week or so off my game to concentrate on my long term Arsenal save (finally winning a trophy ). Back now though and looking to improve after a dire start to 2013/14. The team appears to be better than ever but the results are the worst since the first season when survival was the only target.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Lost the FA Cup game 3-0 against Colchester (held out for over an hour, but once they got the first our heads went down). But the game was chosen for TV coverage, and we got a crowd of nearly two and a half thousand, so we earned about £90K from the game

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    does anyone know what makes a player become listed as a wonderkid.
    I ask as i have 2 20 yo's listed as wonderkids, my coaches rate them at 3 stars ability.
    I have a 19 yo not listed as a wonderkid but my coaches rate him at 3.5 stars ability
    Reputation is a factor, so they can have all the potential in the world but if they are not playing then they will not get the description.

Generally players tend to build up the necessary reputation by the age of 20, so it is fairly rare to see them younger than that unless they have been playing regularly from a very young age.

Amateur

2015-2016 Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

A really good improvement from last year saw us score the most goals in the league and only 1 goal off averaging 2 a game. We did concede quite a few in the process but we always looked like being in the playoffs and we were 2nd in the league for a long time before a dip in form saw us finish 3rd. In the playoffs we faced Barrow with the first leg being away from home. We got beat 5-0 in quite an even game. I couldn't believe it. In the 2nd leg I went for it and despite having numerous chances we only won 2-0. So promotion will have to wait unfortunately.

BSP-3rd
    League Positions Graph
    FA Cup-1st round v Crewe
    FA Trophy-3rd round v Darlington

Manager Overview
    Transfers

Next Season I think promotion has to be the target.

Career Summary

Code:
    Season    League                            Position       Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
    2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
    2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
    2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers

Semi Pro

Hi guys, i'm going to have a go at this challenge. Haven't done it before, done a bit of LLM management but im pretty inexperienced.

Here's my profile - Scott Spencer

As im from Wales I thought the natural choice was to go for Merthyr. I'm about half way through my season so i'll post an update once i'm done.
    Last edited by Scott08; 15-01-2010 at 20:33.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Scott08 View Post
    Hi guys, i'm going to have a go at this challenge. Haven't done it before, done a bit of LLM management but im pretty inexperienced.

Here's my profile - Scott Spencer

As im from Wales I thought the natural choice was to go for Merthyr. I'm about half way through my season so i'll post an update once i'm done.
    welcome and good luck

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scott08 View Post
    done a bit of LLM management but im pretty inexperienced.
    welcome to the club

Good luck

Banned

I'm joining up for my 2nd year on this challenge Last year i didnt manage to finish the challenge but i came within minutes of doing so. I lost 2 - 0 to Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final because of the referee, while i won my first Premiership that very same year.

This year i intend to finish the challenge and wont let a Champions League Final loss get in my way of doing that!

I'm currently bord, which is why i posted this, because i'm currently waiting for my Holiday Man to get off Holiday!

Semi Pro

My form has started to pick up now, after 1 win in the first 7 matches, i am unbeaten in 4 with 3 wins and 1 draw

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just lost my assistant manager to Gloucester, who offered him the manager's job I've always had a thing on FM that if one of my staff is offered a job as manager of a club then I'll let them go.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Boston united season 3 2012/13

A first season in the Blue Square Premier meant that we faced a tough time at first with the Media predicting that we would head straight back down to the BSN. However with some good signings for the back 5 with a new keeper, 2 Fullbacks and a Central defender as well as bringing back Kern Miller on a full contract we looked to be fairly decent with 15th place at the end of the season.

League Table, Position Graph

Fixtures pt 1, Fixtures Pt 2, Fixtures Pt 3

FA Cup Through to the first round proper for the first time but we were shocking against Rochdale.
    FA Trophy Disappointing here going out in the first round.

Transfers Most of the transfers brought in were to bolster the defence but I did make a couple of loan signing's plus a right midfielder.

Key Players

Brett Solkhon Another solid season for Solkhon scoring a few and really playing solidly in the centre of midfield.
    Jack Compton Once again Welsh wizard Compton has been fantastic down the left.
    Paul Stonehouse The left sided player has played most games for us this season slotting in at left back.
    Craig McAllister The veteran striker shined this year when he got the chance to score. Scoring 15 over all competitions.

Finances

Code:
    Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
    2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none

Other Winners
    Premier League - Chelsea
    FA Cup - Chelsea
    Carling Cup - Liverpool
    Champions League - Juventus
    UEFA Cup - Leverkusen

Aims for next season

Strengthen the squad especially need to bring in a back up left winger as cover for Compton
    Push up the Blue Square Premier.

Semi Pro

My goalkeeper just scored direct from a free-kick just outside his box ! How do I upload the video of the goal?!

Part-Timer

You need to record it with Fraps and then upload it to youtube.. it can take some time, wish there were a faster way to do it?

Amateur

Just wondering, is it important to tick use real players?
    If so why?

World Cup Winner

If so why?
    You don't have to if you really don't want to. It just makes better reading for us as we might recognise the odd player.

Semi Pro

If so why?
    no its not that important. If you don't then all players will have obscure names, making the challenge more challenging.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

My best defender signed this season has just been banned for a further 2 games after being sent off against Accrington.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    You don't have to if you really don't want to. It just makes better reading for us as we might recognise the odd player.
    You've just made me feel guilty for wanting to untick that box.
    I think that I will leave that box unticked as i'll end up using tips people have told me and that is not what FM is about for me.

World Cup Winner

You've just made me feel guilty for wanting to untick that box.
    I think that I will leave that box unticked as i'll end up using tips people have told me and that is not what FM is about for me.
    That's not a problem, we often have a few people who play without real names.

Banned

I have officially started my second Dafuge Challenge Season! I'm glad to be back and its good to see some familiar faces and a lot of extra people joining in.

Last year i picked FC United as the club i would take to Glory. This year, i've reloaded a few times to see what teams i could get and i have finally chosen Carshalton Athletic. The reasons were because i wanted to follow on from the first year of chosing a team that wears Red, being a Man Utd fan.

Here is My Profile

A few facts about the team i've picked...

1. They wear Red.
    2. They are predicted 19th place.
    3. They have 2 players already joining the club soon (Ben Judge and Ishmael Welsh).
    4. They own their own stadium, which has an 8,000 (240 seated) capacity stadium called War Memorial Sports Ground.
    5. They have Fairly Basic corporate facilities, Fairly Basic Training Facilities and Basic youth facilities.
    6. The clubs Fierce Rivals are Sutton Utd.
    7. The clubs Other Rivals are AFC Wimbledon.
    8. The club is valued at 300k.
    9. The club has some history after winning the Isthmian First Division South back in 2003.

So with the club already having some history, a nice enough Stadium (this time being owned by the club), and fair enough tools to do the job, i'm pretty sure i'm going to have some success over the next couple of seasons. Beyond that will be totally down to my management of the team.

I'm currently running an Online Clan so i wont have as much time as i did last year to do the challenge, but i hope i can complete it this year Wish me luck!!!
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 16-01-2010 at 15:30.

Semi Pro

Good Luck Tactic Master

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic Master View Post
    Wish me luck!!!
    I would but you're a Man Utd fan

Nah, good luck with Carshalton

Banned

Good to see you again Hrbfcrule I shall be following your progress too, thats assuming you are doing the challenge

Thanks Terk haha, i'm guessing your a Leeds fan for some reason. If not then Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea, or even Man City? Its just the way you said it why i think Leeds lol.

I'm having trouble finding targets for my team, i've let the dead wood go using the reports on them to determine who is dead wood. I've also let the Ass Man go and assigned a really good one for my number 2. I've signed 1 Goalkeeper, 2 Central Def, 1 Left Mid, 2 Right Def, 1 Striker and 2 Central Mid. As you can see i still have a long way to go to make up a good team. I still have about 6 or 7 of the original players, so if it comes to it and i cant sign anyone else, then i still have a team assembled.

1 point to note is my original goalkeeper is already great and probably best in the league maybe, but i've signed James Gilpin who i also signed on another game save i have. Between the 2, i guess James Gilpin is slightly not as good, but hes only 19!

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2031/32

After four years of complete dominance, I decided it was time to try and work on the club's finances while hopefully still maintaining a similar level of success.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

With a lot of new players, we took time to settle and pretty much ruled ourselves out the the title early on. Things did pick up but we just couldn't compete with Man City.

Community Shield - this was a great way to start the season, which made me think my gambles had paid off.

UEFA Super Cup - beaten for a former and future player. The barcelona team featured three of my players who cost them a total of £130m!

FIFA Club World Cup - another close game which made it four in a row.

FA Cup - things were looking good until we met Man City.

Carling Cup - back to old habits, getting knocked out in our first game, against Arsenal.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was easy enough and things were looking good after an 8-3 demolition of Man Utd. Real Madrid were a different matter though, after snatching a late draw at home we just couldn't get a result at the Bernabéu.

Transfers - £100m profit meant the transfers had done wonders for our finances, but we suffered on the pitch. Selling both star strikers was a mistake, as the replacements and youngsters just couldn't replace them.

Squad - replacing the superstars with young talent hurt us, it is going to take us a while to get back to where we were.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Blackmore - he was the one bright spot of the year, with a stunning season from the winger.

Emilio Sacchi - he was supposed to be the goal machine to replace Sesma, but it just didn't happen. He looks quality though, so I'm hoping he will improve.

Paul Ramm - the battering Ramm was awesome from headers from set pieces.

Alessandro Anelli - another great season from the winger.

John Punal - the fact he is still just 15 is staggering. He wasn't anything special but he got given a decent number of matches.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
    Next Season

Next season is our centenary year, which I was hoping to celebrate with something special. Instead it looks like we are going to be trying to reclaim our lost crowns. I'm confident in the players we have, but they need time to come good.

The European Championships are coming up with Turkey next, so there is bound to be a twist in my international career.

Semi Pro

Unlucky dafuge, but im sure your young talent will come through pretty soon.

Banned

Not such a good season compared to the last 4 Dafuge? Chris Blackmore looks like a beast! I don't think i've seen anyone like him to be honest. I guess it didnt pay off in the short term, but you never know for the long term! KUTGW.

Just got Metropolitan Police as a Feeder Club lol, maybe my players can be a bit more aggressive during matches and get away with it
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 16-01-2010 at 17:35.

Amateur

unlucky dafuge. Hopefully you can win everything in the centenary year.

Amateur

well done dafuge, considering....... Its hard to be sucessful with so much players coming and going! your finances are looking good too!

World Cup Winner

Not such a good season compared to the last 4 Dafuge? Chris Blackmore looks like a beast! I don't think i've seen anyone like him to be honest. I guess it didnt pay off in the short term, but you never know for the long term! KUTGW.
    I'd been taking too many risks financially, I had to make a large profit to get the club back on track. If I can get back to the top within the next two or three years I'll be happy.

Semi Pro

Blackmore looks a beast...but "winger"? Are you sure? He looks more like a defensive midfielder to me....

Banned

Dafuge - I'd been taking too many risks financially, I had to make a large profit to get the club back on track. If I can get back to the top within the next two or three years I'll be happy.
    Be carefull, this is what happened to me once before and over the 2 seasons my performance dropped, only winning the rubbish cups and was let go at the end of my contract.

GreyedOutMan - Blackmore looks a beast...but "winger"? Are you sure? He looks more like a defensive midfielder to me....
    I think you are looking at the wrong person, he looks like a born winger with some Def Mid skills to make him a insane. I love his stats and i'm not suprised he ripped the Premier League up.

Semi Pro

Surely you want an AML to be a winger, really?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Blackmore looks a beast...but "winger"? Are you sure? He looks more like a defensive midfielder to me....
    I would have played him there if his tackling, marking and jumping were better. It would also be a waste of his creativity as my DM is usually quite defensive.

World Cup Winner

Surely you want an AML to be a winger, really?
    He seems to be doing alright

Also, I play three players in more attacking roles than my wingers, so they need to play MR/L instead of AMR/L.
    Last edited by dafuge; 16-01-2010 at 18:38.

Banned

6 Games into my first season at Carshalton. Well it's definately different to my first season i had with FC United.

First game we played Dover and lost 2 - 0 to my shock as i thought i'd built a good team. Second game went the same way with a 2 - 0 loss to Dartford.

That left us in 22nd place and made me start to wonder what i'd done wrong. The next game didnt turn out well either but we picked up a point after a 0 - 0 draw with Gloucester.

Things started to pick up with a close 3 - 2 victory over Newport and then a massive 5 - 1 victory over Staines. The high score victory started to make me think we just had a bad start but we are about to start dominating, only for us to draw 0 - 0 with Staines...

So far we are 10th place and it seems i'm in for a fight to get to the play-offs. I've just signed a new Striker to try solve the problem (Shaun Jeffers) but he failed to score against Staines.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Playing through this season quite slowly, my game time has been diminished over the last week or so. Currently just into the second half of the season, still hanging around the play-off places. Ebbsfleet threatening to pull away from the pack.

Semi Pro

Fair enough, Daf. I've always had AMR/Ls on the wing, even though they always play at MR/L positions. Maybe this is why I'm not such a great manager

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I think we've become the world's dullest team to watch. We were starting to ship a few goals, so I made a tactical shift and our last 6 results have been;

Canvey 0-0 Barnet
    Grays 0-0 Canvey
    Canvey 1-0 Farnborough
    Canvey 2-1 Merthyr
    Welling 0-0 Canvey
    Canvey 1-0 Woking

Might have tipped the balance a bit too much in favour of defence

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    I think we've become the world's dullest team to watch. We were starting to ship a few goals, so I made a tactical shift and our last 6 results have been;

Canvey 0-0 Barnet
    Grays 0-0 Canvey
    Canvey 1-0 Farnborough
    Canvey 2-1 Merthyr
    Welling 0-0 Canvey
    Canvey 1-0 Woking

Might have tipped the balance a bit too much in favour of defence
    thats very impressive, 5 clean sheets in 6 games, i can never seem to create a good defence so i always seem to concede a fair few goals but also score quite a few too.

EDIT: Thats as many clean sheets as ive had all season (ive played 46 games so far this season)
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 16-01-2010 at 21:51.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    thats very impressive, 5 clean sheets in 6 games, i can never seem to create a good defence so i always seem to concede a fair few goals but also score quite a few too.
    That's what usually happens to me as well, but I was sick of conceding stupid goals (I know, considering the level I'm at I'm going to have to get used to stupid goals) so I spent about two hours this morning going through the strengths and weaknesses of each of my defenders and playing about with the sliders accordingly. It's working well right now, but the confidence of my squad has seemed pretty fragile this season, so I'm still worried that if one team sticks a few past us then the confidence could plummet and we could be in for a tough end to the season.

Semi Pro

This year my defence have adopted the Red Sea approach - fortunetly I'm grinding out enough results to be hanging on in 2nd.

I'm trying to work out why my team are suddenly fouling so much, with no change in tactics my foul count has gone up by 6 or 7 a match, which means of course that the incredible free kick specalists of opposing sides are scoring.
    Last edited by Swindon69; 16-01-2010 at 22:50.

Amateur

Ive had enough and have switched to commentary only, as i can no longer watch my stupid defence and attack. since the switch ive won 2 out of 2. desperate for points so ill try anything, gonna stick with this and see what happens. one of my 'better' (i use this term loosely) defenders has just come back from a 2 month injury so hopefully things will pick up.

Bedford BSN 2010/2011
    im currently 14th with 20 points after 15 games. but only 5 points out of play-offs and 11 off top spot.

Semi Pro

Sutton Utd Championship 2015/16

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 4th round 2-1 to Chelsea
    League Cup: lost in 3rd round to Southampton 1-0
    League: 14th

League Table
    Squad, Transfers

Got off to one of my worsts starts ever in fm, we managed just 1 win in the 1st save games leaving us rock bottom. I slight tactical change and the differenced showed with 3 wins and a draw in the next four games. We were consistently inconsistint, we beat league leaders 1-0 at home then losing 3-0 to 22nd place. We were never in the relegation zone since the mini revival after my terrible start.

Player/s of the Season

Michele del Vecchio - a solid season and a very useful player to have due to my small squad size. he could play both right back and right mid with equal ability.

Miguel Angel - Top scorer although that isnt really saying much with only 19 goals in his 40 odd appearances

Ezio Massaro - Didn't play as well as i thought he would in the championship, but he is only 22 and according to my assistant he can still improve

Cups

In the league cup we managed to get to the 3rd round for the 1st time and should have got further but for a disappointing 1-0 loss to southampton

Fa cup wasnt much better we comfortably beat peterborough 3-0, but lost to the better team in the 4th round, losing 2-1 to chelsea

Finances:

Greatly helped by the profit i made from selling players, tried not to spend too much as i really want to save up for a new stadium as we are regularly filling it out.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion 
    2012/13   League 2                3rd      Automatic Promotion
    2013/14   League 1                7th      N/A
    2014/15   League 1                1st      Automatic Promotion
    2015/16   Championship            14th     N/A
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 17-01-2010 at 00:07.

Amateur

Finished 5th into the playoffs we go again.

Amateur

2016-2017-Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

We had a great start to the season and at the halfway stage we were 7 points clear only dropping points in one draw and one defeat. After that we hit the self destruct button and started sliding down the table. With 7 games to go we were 7 points from top in 5th level on points with the playoff chasers. We regained some of our early season form and pulled away from the playoff chasers but didnt really catch the leaders. We finished 5th so we went into the playoffs again.

In the FA cup we cruised into the first round and then we got drawn away to L2 Morecambe. This was when we were in really good form and we put them out comfortably. We then got drawn at home to L2 Grimsby. We should have won the game but it went to a replay and the lads just didn't have enough quality.

We were drawn against Walsall in the playoff semi with the first leg at the Walks Stadium. We lost this leg 1-0. Which was disappointing as it was the home leg. However, in the second leg at the Bescott we dominated and ran out 3-0 winners. We were into the final against Macclesfield. We took the lead through Kyle Wilson but got pegged back. Final Score 1-1. We went into extra time and I got two injuries so I changed my side slightly using 3 subs. We then got another injury so we were down to 10 men for the last 10 minutes. In the last minute of the game a through ball was played through to Sean Fitzharris and he slotted home sending the Kings Lynn faithful into song. That was the last action of the game and Kings Lynn are promoted into the Football League. Macclesfield 1-2 Kings Lynn

STARS OF THE SEASON

Nick Main
    Tom Lees
    Alvin Alexander
    Sam Tillen
    Jared Hodgkiss

BSP-5th
    League Positions Graph
    FA Cup-2nd round v Grimsby
    FA Trophy-4th round v Boston Utd

Manager Overview
    Transfers

Next season survival is the main aim.

Career Summary

Code:
    Season    League                            Position       Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
    2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
    2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
    2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
    2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs
    Last edited by Liverbird93; 17-01-2010 at 12:04. Reason: forgot link

World Cup Winner

Turkey - European Championship - 2032

Although we were unbeaten, qualification was not quite as simple as I was expecting as Wales put up a great challenge for top spot.

The group stage drew us against Austria, Bulgaria and Spain. Second place looks like the aim, I doubt we could beat Spain.

Austria vs Turkey (group stage)

We hit them hard early on and the early goals settled it quickly. Spain managed one better though, beating Bulgaria 5-0.

Turkey vs Spain (group stage)

After a fantastic start we found ourselves hanging on as Spain showed their class. In the end a deflected free kick settled it. I think this means we need a draw against Bulgaria, although if Austria beat Spain and we win then we'll need to get the calculators out.

Turkey vs Bulgaria (group stage)

We wasted a series of early chances but eventually broke them down and ended any interest in the match.

Final Group Table

Austria clawed back a draw but by that time it was all over. We got the result we were expecting. Finishing second means we have a tough match next in England.

England vs Turkey (quarter final)

We were unlucky really, as we clawed one back only to suffer a late winner by Tom Phillips, the man responsible for Man City's success.

International Career Overview
    Code:
    Year      Country       Competition                   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2030      Italy         FIFA World Cup                Winners
    2032      Turkey        European Championship         Quarter Finals
    Next Season

My performance with Turkey really was a step backwards for them after the success they had at the last World Cup. I've immediately resigned and will wait until this tournament finishes in the hope of picking up a new job.

I'd like to take a team from outside of Europe to the next World Cup, but I'll have to wait and see what turns up. There may well be another interesting European job available after this tournament finishes.

Amateur

now turned professional

Semi Pro

Hastings United, Season 2013-14 – Season Four, Blue Square South

Summary
    Be prepared for disappointment. After three seasons of consistent improvement, we were almost back to square one this season.

Transfers

Peter Preston isnt the most gifted player. He was brought in because the team had a distinct lack of height. And for that reason only. He is the 2nd tallest player in the world, and solved a very specific problem. It necessitated a change in formation to play three centre-backs which I think could work well in the long term though clearly it didn’t this year, as you’ll see. Rimmer had a great season on loan at the club, and Budtz was brought in as goalkeeping cover. He did well when called on, conceding just 5 goals in 7 games.

Competition Reports

Blue Square South
    Only a good run at the end of the season drove us to safety in a very poor year.

The Final Table this season. As far as we’re concerned, the table tells a lie. A six game unbeaten run at the end of the year took us to safety, after a season which was dogged by the constant threat of relegation. This illustrates that.

The e.on FA Cup
    BSP mid-tablers Stevenage proved they were in the right league!

The FA Trophy
    A decent performance against a top BSP team here. We got close to a bit of an upset.

The squad.
    With selected stats for all competitions, ordered by the amount of time they spent on the pitch – a rough guide to their importance to the team I suppose. Whole team on screen this time.
    Evidence of a fairly shocking season really.

Key Players

Phil Parkin
    He really is some player! Easily the best player we’ve got.

Andrew Hawksworth
    Mr. Consistency. He’s always done a job for me and I will be pulling out all the stops to keep him at the club this summer.

Carl Francis
    A good player, Carl. Very dependable and a good foil for Parkin.

Marcus Cassius
    Slightly disappointing this season but 16 goals means he is a very valuable player for us. Will be looking for him to score at least 20 next year. Lake-Gaskin’s 6 goals means he will probably be sold this summer.

Tommy Warren
    For a youngster, he had a good year, in a struggling team.

Notable others:

None really. Hatton was really disappointing as was Lake-Gaskin. We will be looking for big improvements next year. Some youngsters will come up from the U18s and reserves.

Finances
    We have stabilised this year, though again, investment to the tune of £220,000 helps! Next season should see a dramatic reduction but will not see a promotion push.

Club Records and Awards
    >> Lowest Attendance: 239 v Eastleigh, 4th January
    >> Highest Scoring Game (and League Game): 3-5 v Farnborough, 1st March
    >> Most Games Lost in a Row: 4, 11th to 29th March
    >> Most Games Without Winning: 11, 26th December to 15th February
    >> Oldest Player: Jan Budtz – 35 y 13 d, v Grays, 3rd May

Cumulative records (will be published every season as long as the holder is at the club):

>> Most League Apps for the Club: Phil Parkin – 146 – RECORD EXTENDED
    >> Most League Goals for the Club: Marcus Cassius – 44 – RECORD BROKEN

>> Fans’ Player of the Year: Phil Parkin
    FPOY wins:
    Phil Parkin: 3
    Louis Lavers: 1

MY team of the year:

Scarsella
    Hawksworth – Preston – Parkin – Francis – Rimmer
    Hatton – Hall – Warren
    Cassius – Lake-Gaskin

Subs: Budtz, Dunk, Evans, Male, Lavers, Reid, Hunt.
    Overall XI….Warren, Francis and Male were all inducted this year.

New Youth Cohort
    This year’s pick of the bunch for me, in a year when quite a few look decent but none outstanding.

BIG step backwards this season has convinced me to concentrate on improving finances for a bit. I will be looking to offload anyone who wasn’t great last year, and concentrate on improving my youth players. If they can keep me in the league for a few years, hopefully then I can start looking at improving the facilities so that more Phil Parkins can come through…

Previous Seasons:

Season One (2010-11)

Season Two (2011-12)

Season Three (2012-13)
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 22-01-2010 at 16:13.

Semi Pro

I've been given a new 2-year contract. I think promotion will be at least 3 years away though, so who knows if I'll get another?

Semi Pro

Unlucky GryedOutMan it looked like you were making some real progress with Hastings, Good luck for next season

Amateur

GreyedOutMan definitely keep on going. If you survive and get them going in the right direction it will make your story all the more interesting and fulfilling.

Semi Pro

Cheers guys - would you agree with my assessment that stabilisation is the name of the game for a few years, at the expense of progress up the leagues?

Amateur

i have finally chosen Carshalton Athletic.
    I am also playing as Carshalton. Currently in my third season after 2 consecutive promotions. Good luck in the challenge! Will be paying attention to how you play!

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2014/15 - Season 5

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 24th
    Finished: 2nd Automatic Promotion

Great season and a shock promotion I was thinking avoiding relegation would be a great achivement. I think I need to believe in my team more.

FA Cup - Lost in 3rd round vs Burnley
    League Cup - Lost in 1st round vs Plymouth
    JPT - Lost in S 1st round vs Watford

Team Stats
    Team General

Transfers
    Finances

Finances will need to improve and I hope the championship and a cup run will help them. Stadium could do with upgrading as It can hold 8000 but only 240 seats but need the funds first.

Key Players

David - Rock in defence and good at scoring from set-pieces.

Norwood - Most assists in a season for the club.

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt
    Improve squad and get rid of dead wood
    Avoid Relegation

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
    2012/13       L2                  12th                      
    2013/14       L2                  4th                       Play-off Winners
    2014/15       L1                  2nd                       Promotion
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 21-01-2010 at 14:37.

Part-Timer

Anyone else got really low sponsor?

http://img251.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2010160950.png

Semi Pro

Cheers guys - would you agree with my assessment that stabilisation is the name of the game for a few years, at the expense of progress up the leagues?
    yes but if you are losing money every season you are going to have to cut your wage bill. Also if your youth facilities are awful for the standard of the league don't bother with entering into the u18 league (it saves a bit of money).

Amateur

WE'RE UP!!! :-D

report coming soon

Semi Pro

Ah I didnt know about the not entering into the U18 league. Thats annoying, I think it's too late now! Thanks for the tip anyway. And yes, I'm trying hard to cut the wage bill

Semi Pro

Lost the first leg of the pay-off 2-0 to two offside goals, wasn't even asked about them in the press conference also had three players kicked out of the game.

Sod it - only won the home leg 2-1.
    Last edited by Swindon69; 17-01-2010 at 17:22.

Amateur

A week without FM was long enough for me to get bored of my Truro save when I tried to continue it So having finally gotten round to reading TT10, it's time to start again.

Hopefully I'll be able to build more of an attachment to Tooting, I struggle with saves unless I'm fond of the club in question. Spurs as a parent would help in that department, not that it will happen.

Game on.

Third Team

I'm absolutely close to doing a quadruple here. Leading in the Prem with games in hand, won the Carling Cup, into the Europa Final against Villa and have a FA Cup Final against Arsenal. Just had to go through around 5 games with a day between each due to fixture pileup. Lost one but won the rest including a 4-1 thrashing of Juventus in the second leg of the semi after being down a goal from the first leg. Now to close out the season. Prem almost wrapped up and a few points in the remaining few games or bad results for the chasers sees me winning.

Third Team

Lost to Villa in the Wafer Final so 3 out of 4 trophies won.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just noticed that Barrow, who are 19th in the BSP, have just got through to the quarter finals of the FA Cup

Banned

T-Rex - I shall be watching you also I don't know whats wrong with my team but we started the season rubbish.

First 10 Games we won 2, drew 4 and lost 4.

Since then we have won 3 in a row, then we lost 1 and then won the last league game.

We had a good run in the FA Cup reaching the 1st round, and we almost shocked Gillingham as we played really well, but they got 2 quick goals late on to win 2 - 0.

I'm hoping that cup run will inspire us to do well in the FA Trophy and maybe win it?

[Edit] Just drawn Grays Athletic (BSP Team) in the First Round... The Joys
    Last edited by Tactic Master; 17-01-2010 at 23:19.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just signed a player for £1 So much more satisfying than picking someone up on a free.

Coming towards the final 10 games of the season now, starting to get really hopeful that we can keep our play-off place.
    Last edited by Terk; 17-01-2010 at 23:20.

Part-Timer

Boston Utd - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2019/20

Final Position - 1st
    Predicted Finish - 18th

Final League Table
    Positions Graph

My club dominated start to finish and I am onto the Championship now.

My star player, signed from France and he was incredible for my club this year and totally dominated at this level.
    http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...eenShot025.gif

Career Overview
    Code:
    Boston Utd
    Season        Division                    Position                 Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North           9th                   None
    2011/12       Blue Square North           3rd                   Promoted (through playoff)
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier         11th                  FA Trophy Winners
    2013/14       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
    2014/15       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
    2015/16       Blue Square Premier         3rd                   None
    2016/17       Blue Square Premier         4th                   Promoted (through playoff)
    2017/18       Coca-Cola League 2          1st                   Promoted
    2018/19       Coca-Cola League 1          12th                  None
    2019/20       Coca-Cola League 1          1st                   Promoted

Semi Pro

Just noticed that renting my ground is costing me £50k a year,.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast