+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,600 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

I've stopped rotating in the league unless the league is already wrapped up. They just don't play well when I shove a couple of young ones in.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    hahaha oh no the two most important cups all you need to do now is lose the club world championship
    Think I'd resign out of shame

Semi Pro

I've been struggling to find a good striker, so eventually I went for a loan.

Let me introduce Mario Napoli. He should surely rip League 2 apart

Third Team

Just come back from 2-0 down, to win 3-2 in the League Cup 1s round against Colchester away who are in league 2, two divisions below me, thanks to an equaliser and a winner from Kevin Leerdam (as well as an offside goal which at the time would have made it 2-2). Thats a supersub for you, and a tactical victory for me as the players praised me for the half time team talk. The other goal was from one of my other substitutes, Javier.

I also played a 16 year old promising Belgian keeper in goal as my main keeper is not allowed to play cup games seeing as I forgot to check before I submitted the loan in. Not a bad keeper tbf, the first goal was an own goal that bounced off a player after he saved it, the second goal was a decent goal tbf. Did well enough with a 6.7

I have a decent strikeforce consisting of a Norwegian, an Italian, a Spaniard and a Dutchman. I present to you (in the order of the nationalities I just mentioned, Fredrik Tonstad, Gabriele Dalla Bona, Javier Díez (short name Javier) and Michel Xhofleer. Good names imo
    Last edited by DanGLiverpool; 09-01-2010 at 20:58.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    I've been struggling to find a good striker, so eventually I went for a loan.

Let me introduce Mario Napoli. He should surely rip League 2 apart
    he'll win you League 2 by himself!

Part-Timer

bohoo! after 32 league games i got my first loss! I was hoping to go all season undefeated in the league because i dont think i have ever done that before. Guess it has to be next season
    Mike Burke just got his first England call up! - and cap!
    Last edited by kaNovi; 09-01-2010 at 22:04.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Grrrr :mad: im off the favoured personnel list but i notice a striker who i bought in the summer is on there admitedly he did scored 24 goals in 28 games.

Ive just sold him in the january transfer window for 300k plus 25% of the next transfer fee and now the fans are unhappy with me:mad:. i thaught it was good business as a got him on a free and 1/2 a season later ive made 300k profit plus ive had a just as good replacement lined up also on a free

Part-Timer

[B]Kingstonian (2030/2031)

Premier League Prediction - 2
    Premier League Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    A truly disapointing season, we met a bad form just when we were suppose to be playing best and we lost the Semi Finals in the CHL once again.
    The other cup where terrible as well. Although i send a weaker team we should have done alot better and we were out after just one game in both League cup and FA Cup.
    To make mathers worse we started losing points in the League. After 32 games undefeated we had this terrible form and our lead got smaller by 10 points the last 5 games.
    Luckily we had enough to secure the title in the end.
    Terrible just terrible after our big lead after 30 games that it had to come down to the last two games to win the league. and getting knocked out in the overtime of the CHL semis.

Squad

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Robson
    Burke
    Brackenridge
    Elliot
    Henry
    Canham

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    We need to do better. I need to win a cup or two next year. And try to blend in some more of my own youth products in the squad

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
    Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
    Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
    Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
    Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  Champions League Winners
    Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED
    Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Last edited by kaNovi; 09-01-2010 at 23:29.

Semi Pro

Congratz kaNovi you've got some good youth prospects there

My first board takeover on fm10 has just finished, taking just over half a season and the first thing they do is terminate the link with my parent club, Chelsea :mad:, and they didnt even provide me with any extra investment:mad:

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    Summary
    A truly disapointing season
    It must be nice to be able to say that when you've just won the title

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    It must be nice to be able to say that when you've just won the title
    I dont know how nice it is, but i do see the irony ;)

Ty hrbf!
    Robson and Burke has caps and now Henry has just been called up to the England squad!

Part-Timer

Finally the best Youth product this year is an attacking force! im gonna play him straight away in the ST position! he could become a club legend!

Now on to Copa America

Semi Pro

Just beaten my first premier league team on this save.

Fa Cup 5th round - incredible victory over fulham, we were out played but we took our chances and the best thing about it was Sutton born youth product Freddie Gleeson scored the winner.

Edit: just realised it was on tv as well, yay extra money
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 10-01-2010 at 00:41.

Semi Pro

Finally the best Youth product this year is an attacking force! im gonna play him straight away in the ST position! he could become a club legend!

Now on to Copa America
    He looks amazing for a striker, and only 16 as well

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    He looks amazing for a striker, and only 16 as well
    I'll second that. Talk about superstar.

Part-Timer

My youth academy is really unbelievable.. i have never had this many great players promoted ever in any FM game! This makes me positiv that i might have a chance of winning PL+CL with only my own prospects. Im gonna give the new guy as many games as possible, think i might just let him be a starter? to see how far he can get and how many goals he can score for the club

He's definitely got the potential to be that good, it's obvious, good luck!

Third Team

Was about to end the transfer window thinking I'd signed enough quality but then realised I was sorely lacking at CB. Gois should be good in the future but noticed his partner Lopez was 24 and wasn't going to be more than decent. I decided to bring in Papa Gueye and Danny Morais instead and I'm glad I did. Shipped out Parkhurst and Lopez is in contract talks. Both those two should be there for a couple more years allowing Gois to develop. Have McIntosh as well to come back from loan. Will be on the lookout for a young quality CB though in the future. Squad should now be able to challenge for the title and a top 4 spot. This is it.

Amateur

Phew that was a tough first transfer window in the Championship, got myself a couple good players but I also lost my strongest MC, and failed to pick up a good GK so far...not sure how the season is going to go but I have a feeling I won't be topping the charts again.

Part-Timer

International Management

Copa America Brazil

I was looking to try to win the Copa America before moving on to another International management job.
    Group Stage Did alright but there was room for improvement in all the matches

The Quarter Finals against Uruguay we played better and i was sure we would make it to the final when i saw we were meeting Peru in the Semis

Semi Finals STUNNED! just a terrible display and i would have to try another country if im to win the Copa America. Its a little embarrasing losing to Peru, Brazil has the best squad in the world
    Code:
    Nation  Competetion           Year       Achievement

Part-Timer

Steve Canham Became my 3rd own ranks player to get an senior cap!

Youth Team

Now on to Copa America
    Looks very good unlucky with the poor run at the end of the season, I seem to be slow starting now. Last season lost 2 of the opening 4 in the league, this season I'm 100% in the league but lost the two mickey mouse cups for the first time on FM10

Part-Timer

There is some kind of curse in my game. In the league cup we havent won the last 3 3rd round matches? even tho i play a pretty good team we lose to Championship squad at home. Its unbelievable..

Edit: actually its 6 years i havent won a 3rd round league cup match :-O
    Last edited by kaNovi; 10-01-2010 at 11:34.

Youth Team

There is some kind of curse in my game. In the league cup we havent won the last 3 3rd round matches? even tho i play a pretty good team we lose to Championship squad at home. Its unbelievable..
    I used to have a pretty poor record against them, but I worked out how to play against them now instead of going more attacking, either stay the same as you would against a Premiership side, or even go to Counter. Works like a charm (at least with my players/tactics anyway).

Part-Timer

I use the same tactics the only difference is that i use a couple of players who doesnt get that many league/important matches

Youth Team

I use the same tactics the only difference is that i use a couple of players who doesnt get that many league/important matches
    That's strange then... perhaps try switching out the whole first XI? I do that - certainly for the league cup - and it seems to give a better level of performance than changing half the team as I used to do in the FA Cup.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Just played my second match as Boston - lost 4-1 with two offside goals, you'd have thought that it might have generated a press conference - but no.

My god, 6 of my players are wanted by the same club lol! f*ck off Brighton ;)

Semi Pro

That's an intense level of interest.

Right. First match in the premier league put me back in my place. Ouch, lost 3-0 vs Liverpool and were nowhere!

I've just lost a pen shootout in the cruelest way possible - Sunderland's final and winning pen strikes the post rolls along the line hits my Keeper as he lands from his dive and rolls over the line

EDIT: And I've just noticed Sunderland were using a youth keeper against me who got man of the match, looks like I really need some new strikers

Hunterlaar just scored 2 goals against Wigan!! Won my 2nd match in the Premier League! 1-4 vs Wigan

Amateur

I'm satisfied with my start at Truro. 7 goals scored in 5 games is a bit of a worry, but one conceded in that time and 2nd place in the BSS is far less worrying.

All of my signings have been freebies, which isn't a surprise at this level and few of them have featured, Simon Downer aside. The guy is a beast and I'm surprised he agreed to sign.

Argyle are on board as a parent, but none of their kiddies fancy the commute to Truro and the 8k a year isn't going to make much difference. Hey ho.

I haven't done much LLM in FM10, but so far so good. In previous versions I found hoofball to be the best way out of the BSS/N, but I've got my lads playing some quite attractive football, even if I need a decent striker to finish the moves off. Hopefully the Premiership/Championship releasees will be willing to sign for a BSP team when I get promoted. Flooding my squad with kiddies capable of playing in League One/Two always did the trick in previous versions.

I'm pretty confident I've got the measure of the BSS, though. Anything but promotion at the first attempt will be a failure.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Nuneaton Town
    2010/11 Review

Blue Square North
    For much of the first half of the season it looked like I was merely treading time until the board sacked me; indeed when we lost against Ilkeston in late December, the media were very much expecting the axe to fall. However, a few games prior we had switched to a 4-3-3 and it finally came good in the next match at Eastwood, sparking a fifteen match unbeaten league run which fired us well into play-off contention. A couple of draws (against Stalybridge and Workington) were followed by two defeats (against Alfreton and Corby) to end our run and put us in serious danger of losing our grip on 5th place right at the end, but we ended the season with two good wins (over Cambridge City and Ilkeston) to make sure we were in the play-offs.

In the play-offs we were pitted against Hinckley, and though we had much the better of the home leg, we could manage only a 1-1 draw. We were gifted a chance in the second leg when Hinckley were reduced to ten men right on half time, but we conceded from a corner on the hour and couldn't force our way back in. Hinckley went on to win promotion, beating Alfreton in the final.

League Positions Graph

FA Cup
    We were forced into a replay in the 2nd qualifying round against Redbridge and managed to sneak through, but we couldn't repeat the trick against King's Lynn in the 3rd qualifying round, losing the replay 3-0 on our own turf.

FA Triphy
    We met our target of the second round, having disposed of Forest Green and Market Drayton in the rounds previous. We drew at Alfreton in the 2nd round, forcing a replay at our place, but a poor performance saw us lose 2-1 and get dumped out.

Transfers
    The squad was pretty small when I joined so we had to make up the numbers, and we did that pretty well, though it was some of our loan signings who fared particularly well, particularly those on three month deals such as striker Josh Knight, defender Luke O'Neill and midfielder Zeyn S-Latef. Goalkeeper Adam Legzdins did well enough in his short spell that, when Crewe sent him packing on a free transfer, we picked him up without hesitation.

Key Players
    Ryan Austin
    One of our two season-long loans, Ryan joined from Burton and was rock solid in the centre of our defence. He was the only one of our centre backs not to net an own goal and I'll be trying hard to get him back on board for next season.

Danny Cullip
    A free transfer that I was very happy with, Danny brought a lot of experience to our defence and quite often ended up captaining the side, having taken regular captain Andy Duncan's place in the team. Despite his advancing years he's penned another one year deal in the hope that he can help take us up next season.

Chris Rowney
    I never really considered him a regular starter in our midfield at the start of the season, but played as the defensive point on the midfield once we switched to the 4-3-3, he became invaluable. He had an eye for getting forward at the right time and that seriously helped his assist count and he'll be in the side from the off next season.

Robert Duffy
    Brought in on loan from Mansfield, Robert took a while to settle into the league team but played well alongside Michael Proctor, and though he missed his fair share of chances, I'd be willing to look at bringing him back next season.

Michael Proctor
    The undoubted star of the show, Michael was the fourth top scorer in the league, though he could have been joint top had he not missed three penalties in the course of the league campaign. I thought his pace (or stunning lack thereof) might hold him back a little, but he was consistent throughout the season and now stands as the club's top league goalscorer of all time with 25.

Next Season
    After missing out in the play-offs, the next logical step is to aim for promotion. I'm sure that's what the board will want and it's what I want too. There are a good few players leaving at the end of their contracts in the summer, so it will be a busy period trying to bring players in, but if we can do that and build on the strengths we already have then I'm confident that we can at least match this season, and hopefully do better once the play-offs come around.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season              League               Final Pos.              Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North             5th           Lost in play-off semi final

Semi Pro

Unlucky with the playoff semi final loss Terk, with a few good signings you should be able to get automatic promotion next season

Youth Team

Good luck next season Terk, glad you managed to turn it around

Amateur

Great turn around Terk. You've got a great chance of promotion next season.

Part-Timer

Looking for Bowler? That would be pretty crazy if he got a call up! Bowler

Youth Team

New Rooney eh?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers, guys The board definitely expect promotion for 2011/12 and the media are predicting us to finish 2nd, but the wage budget has been cut by a third, so it could prove difficult.

Youth Team

Cheers, guys The board definitely expect promotion for 2011/12 and the media are predicting us to finish 2nd, but the wage budget has been cut by a third, so it could prove difficult.
    Yeah didn't have fun with Nuneaton to be honest, they expected a lot and it was hard to build a team fast enough to justify the reputation of the club.

Semi Pro

In my opening 8 games I've scored 12 goals unfortunately I've let in 13. Created 24 CCC's the opposition have created 11.

Also had 42 Shots on target to 33 by my opponents.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Well pre season hasn't gone well. 7 friendlies, 1 win, 1 draw, 5 defeats. Morale is not high going into the league season Still, I think I've pulled in a few good signings, so maybe it's just a case of getting them to gel better.

Amateur

My Team Billericay and profile

After about half an hour searching for a team below 1000 i finally found one. Joined later then this last year so hopefully should get more done this time.

Ill do seasonal updates.
    Last edited by Demon4; 10-01-2010 at 17:58.

Youth Team

Well pre season hasn't gone well. 7 friendlies, 1 win, 1 draw, 5 defeats. Morale is not high going into the league season Still, I think I've pulled in a few good signings, so maybe it's just a case of getting them to gel better.
    I always arrange a friendly against a tiny team at the end of preseason to max out morale - put 8 or 9 past Tooting & Mitcham this year (sorry dafuge )

Semi Pro

Sutton Utd L1 2013/14

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 6th round 2-0 to Bristol City
    JPT: lost in 2nd round to Brighton 2-1
    League Cup: lost in 2nd round to peterborough 2-1
    League: 7th

League Table, League Graph
    Squad, Transfers

After a slowish start things really picked up and we slowly crept into the playoff spots and were even 1st at 1 point. but we could not continue this run of form and we dropped to mid table and stayed there for quite a while. In the last 2 or 3 games i played some of my younger players who managed to get us a few wins and push us into 7th including a last day 3-0 away win albeit against already relegated leyton orient.

Overall im happy with this finish, after 3 succesive promotions i would have been happy to take this although we still need a lot of work done to push for a playoff place or automatic as we got battered by some of the higher teams, conceding 4 or 5 goals as well.

Player/s of the season

Ruben Ramos , Stats - He was so amazing that he scored 10 more goals than any of my other players and he was only with us for half a season. unfortunately he wanted to move to a bigger club but i made 300k + 50% of next sale. He scored 24 in 28 in the league and 31 in 35 overall he then went on to score 10 in 13 for swansea which saw him claim the league 1 golden boot by 4 clear goals

Paolo Sanna - my replacement to Ruben Ramos he didnt do to badly scoring 11 in 19.

Igor -The club's top scorer shows he can cut it in league 1 despite having to spend a bit of the season on the bench. He scored 21 in 25 appearances and 24 sub appearances.

Cups

Fa cup, incredible!!! we managed to get to the 6th round (quater finals) and we had a decent opportunity to make it to the semis but we got thrashed by Bristol City. fortunately the scoreline flattered us.

We started with a few easy draws against lower league opposition, then in the 4th round we were drawn against championship strugglers Forest, we went on to give them a lesson in finishing, beating them 4-1 at their ground.

But more was to come as we were then drawn against premiership high flyers Fulham, to be honest we were completely out played but managed to take the lead in the 50th min, the lead didnt last long as they equalizes in the 52nd min, then Sutton born Freddie Gleeson, from our own youth setup, gets the winner in the 86th min.

I was hoping for a much bigger team in the quater finals, in the draw there were teams like chelsea, man city, man utd, liverpool, arsenal i really wanted a money spinner but we get the only non premiership team(apart from us)

League cup: managed to get my 1st win in this competition but never looked likely of making it further than the 2nd round

JPT: slightly disappointed as we were beaten but League 1 relegation candidates Brighton.

Finances:

improving nicely now and the board have finally allowed the expansion of my training and youth facilities.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       2nd      Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st      Automatic Promotion 
    2012/13   League 2                   3rd       Automatic Promotion
    2013/14   League 1                   7th       N/A
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 10-01-2010 at 20:37.

Just signed a new striker! Really was in need of one and must say he looks awesome in my eyes - altho his fitness kinda sucks...

Welcome Gustavo Vidal

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Just signed a new striker! Really was in need of one and must say he looks awesome in my eyes - altho his fitness kinda sucks...

Welcome Gustavo Vidal
    He does look incredible.

Semi Pro

It looks like my 3 loan guys provided me with some stability. After 9 games I'm sitting in 3rd place with 16 points.

Strangely enough its not hot boy Napoli that bangs in the goals. No its old-timer Johansen with 6 goals for 9 matches now.
    Last edited by MikaelS; 10-01-2010 at 21:33.

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2031/2032)

Premier League Prediction - 2
    Premier League Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    Another bad season, seriusly im so annoyed that we cant get the CHL or the FA Cup trophy back.
    But we didnt feel like playing a final 1 so we of cause also blew
    the CHL Semi But i understand the team, why bother when we already won the PL.
    The only team i havent got my revenge against is Aston Villa so this much be to no1 goal next season. They are going down!

Squad

PLAYERS FROM OWN RANKS:

Bowler Huge expectations towards this guy
    Robson
    Burke
    Brackenridge Had a loan spell playing 20 games in the Championship
    Elliot
    Henry
    Canham

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Win it all.
    Have to admit that im getting a bit bored and i might take a break soon. I have a lot of classes this semester so well see
    Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
    Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none
    Premier League	      2026/27   7th	  none
    Premier League	      2027/28   2nd	  Uefa Cup Semi-finals, FA Cup Final
    Premier League	      2028/29   4th	  Champions League Winners
    Premier League	      2029/30   1st	  Premier League Champions  - CHALLENGE COMPLETED
    Premier League	      2030/31   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Premier League	      2031/32   1st	  Premier League Champions
    Last edited by kaNovi; 10-01-2010 at 21:55.

Amateur

Truro City FC - Blue Square South - 2010/11
    Media Prediction: 22th
    Actual Position : 8th

Predicted to finish last, and based on the difficulty I had signing players (I've managed Blue Square Regional sides before but never a newly promoted one) I thought I'd be in for a massive fight for safety. Started well, unbeaten in our first 9 (albeit with a decent amount of draws), then went on a horrible run of 10 or so games without a win. After that, we played at about the level we finished at, better than the majority of the league, but just not up there with the top dogs. Maybe with a few signings next year, we can go up.

League Table
    FA Cup
    Happened to come in around our horrible patch without a win, and despite getting one home win, we soon got stuffed by lower opposition
    FA Trophy
    Much the same really, although at least the opposition were a team who eventually finished higher than me in the league. Bad cup performances have resulted in an ever increasing debt of 235 k that I need to try my best to minimise next season, hopefully improved cup performances can help that.

Transfers
    Signed up the best I could find with a limited number of players showing interest. Need to beef up my scouting knowledge really.
    Squad
    I'll only be looking to keep about half of these for next year.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
    Next Season
    Promotion and balancing the books please, not always a duo that are easy to combine.

Youth Team

Good update kaNovi, shame about the CL again. I'm finding it quite easy to keep winning it on my save, the only teams who are even tricky to beat are the English ones, and I rarely seem to encounter them. Even the likes of Barca, Real and AC Milan are rubbish! Having said all that I'll probably bottle it this season now!

Good job CSF, good luck next season

FMS Moderator Emeritus

8th place is a good, solid start, CSF Gives you something to build on for next season.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

And congratulations on another disappointing title, kaNovi

Part-Timer

haha ty ;)

I just recall that Villa also beat me last year in the semis AND beat me in the Uefa Cup semis!!!!! :mad:
    Last edited by kaNovi; 11-01-2010 at 08:26.

World Cup Winner

FM10 Small Club to Big Club Challenge All-Stars Challenge - Sign-up Stage

Just a bit of an advert for something that involves people playing this challenge.

Basically, a team is being created using players from the various challenges in this forum. It needs submissions from this challenge to make up a significant part of the team.

I'm going to try and enter some of my FM09 Dartford team, along with some of my Tooting team once I've got a bit further into my game.

Have a look and see what you think.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    FM10 Small Club to Big Club Challenge All-Stars Challenge - Sign-up Stage

Just a bit of an advert for something that involves people playing this challenge.

Basically, a team is being created using players from the various challenges in this forum. It needs submissions from this challenge to make up a significant part of the team.

I'm going to try and enter some of my FM09 Dartford team, along with some of my Tooting team once I've got a bit further into my game.

Have a look and see what you think.
    Looks good, shame I don't have a save from when the previous generation of my team were really in their pomp, as that was probably one of the best sides I've ever had. I've kept the save from right after we completed the challenge, and obviously I have the save where we are now, but the best came in between the two. If I can crack on a couple more seasons then perhaps the guys I have now will reach the same level and I'll enter them

Right, so all our best players become 1 team called the 'dafuge team'? And then we kick the hell out of the rest? ;)

Youth Team

Right, so all our best players become 1 team called the 'dafuge team'? And then we kick the hell out of the rest? ;)
    Naturally

World Cup Winner

Pretty much

Part-Timer

Could be fun.. im not sure i have anyone good enough! atleast not when i look at Hamiltons players :-O
    Maybee Silva in a couple of years
    Last edited by kaNovi; 11-01-2010 at 13:55.

When I get Vidal next month I have to see how he does it in front of my team in the Premier League. But I really got a good feeling about him... So maybe he can join Roberts in front ;)
    //
    silva looks amazing already!

Part-Timer

Vidal does look nice.. and theres problary potential for alot of improvement when he joins your club! But take a look at hamiltons Brennan.. i think it would be difficult to replace him up front

Vidal does look nice.. and theres problary potential for alot of improvement when he joins your club! But take a look at hamiltons Brennan.. i think it would be difficult to replace him up front
    Mmm, see where you are going lol. But to look on a bright side, he is already 7 years older...

Dafuge; were the stats of Roberts any good? Or did he just score without being the best qua stats?

Amateur

Just finished the first pre-season. Won 3 Lost 2 Drew 1. I think i will struggle the first season as my front line is pretty poor. Got a strong back 4 what has been boosted by free agents coming in. Also hired a scout as i did not have one already at a club.

I have also bought my friend in real life Ben snee.
    Last edited by Demon4; 11-01-2010 at 15:57.

Part-Timer

How do you change the coach who gives you backroom advice?

World Cup Winner

How do you change the coach who gives you backroom advice?
    I think different coaches give different advice based on their strengths. I remember being advised to sign one with good man management skills to get better advice on dealing with my players.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Second Season Shitness Syndrome strikes again. Things initially looked good, taking 7 points from the opening 3 games and playing well, but then it ground to a halt and we took only five points in our next eight matches and the board saw fit to sack me. Given that this is the second time this has happened at roughly the same point in the second season, you have to put two and two together and come up with the answer that I'm **** in the transfer market at this level.

World Cup Winner

As I've mentioned a few times, I've not been doing too well with the finances, often putting the club in huge debt with my transfers. Last season I reached an all-time low of £40m in debt, which became £20m once all the prize money had come in. Even with the big money sales recently, a lot of it was spreadd over four years and £40m of it is dependant on Javier scoring another 21 league goals.

With my aim of a new stadium, I needed to get the finances sorted so I've taken fairly drastic action.

Possibly the biggest transfer window in our history.

All of the fees are straight up, no clauses, so this means my balance is now £75m, although I have zero transfer budget. There's no doubt my squad is weaker for it, but it has made a huge difference to my balance, and my wages. You can see here how much a lot of these players were earning.

Here's what has happened:

Out: Stephen Agbo
    In: Valerio Motta
    Reasons: Agbo is constantly wanting a new challenge and costs me a bomb in signing on fees. He's getting on a bit and it was nice to make a reasonable profit by bringning in a younger replacement who looks almost as good.

Out: Pol Sesma
    In: Emilio Sacchi
    Reasons: my scouts spotted this youngster and I knew I needed him. As a replacement for my star striker, the profit was well worth it. It is a shame to lose Sesma, but £50m is a lot of money.

Out: Juan José Dorta
    In: Greg Scales
    Reasons: Dorta has been disappointing and didn't always get in the team, again I've made a huge profit and cut the wages.

Out: Sebastian Engelmann
    In: Geoff Bowles
    Reasons: £30m is a lot for Engelmann, who is probably my third choice striker. Bowles is technically not a transfer, as he came through my youth team, but I have to make room for him as he looks great.

Hopefully we will not suffer too much in the upcoming season but I think this will benefit us in the long run.

Amateur

were can i get logos and kits or my tonbridge team?

Part-Timer

I think different coaches give different advice based on their strengths. I remember being advised to sign one with good man management skills to get better advice on dealing with my players.
    Im getting the same message right now, but i signed a good management guy but the message keeps coming up?

I think you have done some nice transfers there especially the Agbo/Motta trade , initially you would problary struggle offloading them all in the same season, but in the long run its problary the right decision! You think that your squad is strong enough to win the league again ?

Terk im sorry to see you get sacked Whats next then? are you gonna try again?
    Last edited by kaNovi; 11-01-2010 at 19:33.

World Cup Winner

I think you have done some nice transfers there, initially you would problary struggle offloading them all in the same season, but in the long run its problary the right decision! You think that your squad is strong enough to win the league again ?
    I think so, although it will be close. We coped with losing Javier, so I'm hoping we can do it again. As long as one of the strikers (probably Sacchi) scores around 30 goals the rest of the team should be pretty much as usual.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Terk im sorry to see you get sacked Whats next then? are you gonna try again?
    Waiting for a job at one of the clubs in the OP list to come free. Oh, and Nuneaton ended the season in 13th place, so in 31 games the new boss managed to take them up one place. Hope they get relegated next season

Amateur

Dafuge where did you get your Tooting and Mitcham badge?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Goskii View Post
    Dafuge where did you get your Tooting and Mitcham badge?
    sortitoutsi.net

Have a look at the 2009 graphics section, I think it was in there.

Third Team

2019/20 - Hendon - BSP

All I can ask for is progression. All I want is progression. What I get is actually one foot forward, two steps back shenanigans.

Media Prediction: 14th
    Actual Finish: 11th
    League Graph

I can accept an 11th place finish because it's near enough where we finished last season. The whole one step forward thing is when we got a win, it was often followed a draws or losses until we hit an excellent run of form near the end, winning eight games on the trot to secure ourselves as a mid-table club.

Transfers

Squad

Cups

League Cup - We followed on from our fine FA Cup run last year by knocking out Championship side Cardiff after extra time. As luck would have it, we drew Blackburn in the next round and stumbled to a respectable loss.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - More heroics from the lads! This time, our victime were Bristol Rovers (as they were in our first ever League Cup match) and we overcame them on penalties. Oxford brought us back down to earth with a three-nil thumping.

FA Cup - Last year's heroics were not to be as we couldn't overcome fellow League 2 side Yeovil.

Key Players

Curtis Osano - He had an absolutely brilliant season as a newcomber, contributing 7 goals and 7 assists. Fans Play of the Year in a phenominal season for him.

Jamie Callaghan - Finally found his feet this year after struggling for much of last year. Top scorer with 25 goals whilst laying on a further 9. Great season.

Andy McGarvey - He's been at the club for lord knows how long now but he's managed to find his way into the first team - what a big contribution he made. 10 goals and 6 assists capped off a brilliant season for the Northern Irish international.

Luca Santonicito - Entering his tenth season now and capped off his ninth marvellously with a massive 14 assists! Club captain and definitely not out of my first team plans yet.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season      League                   Position        Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
    2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
    2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
    2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
    2016/17        League 2              18th            None
    2017/18        League 2              16th            None
    2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
    2019/20        League 2              11th            None

Amateur

Going well in the BSP with 7 games to go I'm currently second 4 points above 6th. but Shrewsbury are running away with the league and are 17 points ahead of me. Hopefully I will be able to hold onto my playoff position.

Unlucky Terk at least the AI manager did no better.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers, Liverbird Good luck with the the play-offs, should you manage to hold on.

Question: Given that I'm now collecting a dole cheque, I obviously want a new job. Clearly the club I take over has to have been promoted to the BSN/BSS, but my question is this, do they have to be in their first season at this level or could they have been promoted in the first season of the game? For example, Farsley were promoted in 09/10, whilst Holiday Man was doing his gardening, and are still in the BSN, whereas Truro were promoted to the BSS in the season just past, 2011/12. Could I theoretically take control of either?

Oh, and I've had an offer from Altrincham, but they're BSP all the way, far too lofty for the likes of me so they got told where to go

Part-Timer

If i were you i would holiday until 25th june and take one of the new promoted teams.. =) then the AI wouldnt have had a chance to screw up the team ;)

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I want to continue with the same profile though, rather than start fresh.

Anyway, the problem has just solved itself. In the middle of October 2012, I've just been approached by Canvey Island. Newly promoted to the Blue Square South, they got impatient very quickly, sacking their manager after he took just one point from 8 games. They won their next game with no one in charge and then offered me a 3 year deal which I readily accepted. 21st in the league, this could be tough

Part-Timer

Nice, good luck

I havent bought a player the last 2 seasons but this season it seems like the injuries are really hitting me hard and i thought that i might take a look at the transfer market to get a good midfielder in. Then i noticed that there are actually not even one really good MR. I have my own MR who is okay but not that good? but in my game hes the best one

That might also explain why Canham already got capped this much, as i dont think he looks that good..

Semi Pro

Unlucky on your sacking Terk. hopefully 3rd time lucky good luck

Amateur

qualified for the playoffs with one game to go. not too confident but you never know.

Youth Team

That's quite a transfer window dafuge! Makes me wonder how much we could bring in if we were to sell some of the big names off. I know I could have got £40m for the DR who ran down his contract, as it was rejecting that offer that made him decide to do that.

Good luck with Canvey, Terk

World Cup Winner

Despite the transfers I've already mentioned, this kid is worth a look:

Jon Puñal

For someone who has only just turned 15 he looks pretty good.

Semi Pro

Despite the transfers I've already mentioned, this kid is worth a look:

Jon Puñal

For someone who has only just turned 15 he looks pretty good.
    He looks awesome definately one for the future

Amateur

cannot believe what just happened. The first leg was away at Barrow and we just got absolutely stuffed 5-0. Thats promotion down the drain.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Liverbird93 View Post
    cannot believe what just happened. The first leg was away at Barrow and we just got absolutely stuffed 5-0. Thats promotion down the drain.
    to bad !!
    It happenes sometimes.. ived had it happened to me a couple of times where i should be dominating or at least not losing.. and i loose with 4-5-6 goals.. its terrible!

He does look good daf, but 10mil ?? thats alot of money for a 15 year old!

Amateur

won the second leg 2-0 but really gutted we didn't get promoted this season. Out of time to write a report now.

World Cup Winner

He does look good daf, but 10mil ?? thats alot of money for a 15 year old!
    I've raked in £172m through player sales this summer, I can afford it

Part-Timer

I've raked in £172m through player sales this summer, I can afford it
    theres financially control for ya' , werent you supposed to save your money hehe :P

Will be exiting to see how he develops, i think its always hard to judge potential when they are that young

World Cup Winner

theres financially control for ya' , werent you supposed to save your money hehe :P

Will be exiting to see how he develops, i think its always hard to judge potential when they are that young
    It is hard to get them to meet their potential without giving them games, which is hard in the Premier League.

I now have four top young strikers of various ages, I really need to choose two:

Geoff Bowles (0.5/3)
    Adam Bowditch (2.5/3)
    Emilio Sacchi (3/3)
    Jon Punal (0.5/3)

(CA/PA stars)

Saachi is clearly the best, Punal could become the best and Bowles came through my own youth team. Bowditch isn't bad either. I think all four could become brilliant, but I need to decide who to give the chances to.

Part-Timer

They all look pretty good! Dont you think it would be to early to start playing Punal in the PRL?
    I usually tend to play my own youth products more than the prospects i have bought, and i think you could do the same with Bowles, he does look quite good! But then again they all do

My big hope Bowler Has improved drasticly after about 10games last season + a tutoring. He has the potential to become a club legend for sure ! Although i would have liked for him to score some more goals!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Finally got round to playing my first game with Canvey and my right winger opened the scoring directly from a corner. First time that's ever happened to me in FM. And to make it better, it bounced in off the underside of the crossbar

We went on to lose 4-1 though, and it was against another struggling side, Weymouth, who hadn't won in 5

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Also just made my first cash signing in the game, £500 for a goalkeeper from Airbus.

Amateur

is it too late to start this? looks a good challenege

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Bilyletdinov7 it's not too late. Come on in and have fun.

Also I seem to have hit a mid season slump in January with Boston. Sat at the top of the table most of the season though and have got a FA Trophy 3rd round game coming up against Chester.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I have to ask, how the hell are people getting out of the BSN/BSS, let alone completing the bloody challenge? This is one of the most rock solidly difficult things I've tried in years. Probably since my many seasons of futility at Leigh RMI in CM01/02.

Amateur

Nice one i will start this tomorrow

Third Team

I have to ask, how the hell are people getting out of the BSN/BSS, let alone completing the bloody challenge? This is one of the most rock solidly difficult things I've tried in years. Probably since my many seasons of futility at Leigh RMI in CM01/02.
    I just signed the best players I could and formed a decent tactic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast