+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,900 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Right, opinions are needed here. Do you think a player needs to have good physical attributes to make it at the top level?

Normally I wouldn't even think twice in this situation as I love my players to be good physically but I've come across a player who I think it might be worth taking a chance on. His physical attributes are not up to scratch but his technical and mental attributes are insane for his age.

Here he is

He's already described as a wonderkid and my scouts rate him very highly.

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerneo View Post
    I just don't see a striker with 7 pace getting much done at the highest levels.
    I realise I am a couple of days behind here and he has already been signed but 24 goals and 14 MOM in 28+2 appearances in (presumably) La Liga looks fairly handy at one of the highest levels.........

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    Hey dafuge.. Seems like bateman had a bad season? Could you provide a ss, i would like to see how he has progressed?
    David Bateman

With the arrival of Javier his opportunities were limited, so he went out on loan to Bristol City. Sadly he didn't make too many appearances but with javier and Engelmann at the club it was hard to decide who to drop to give him a game.

Part-Timer

I can see your dilemma! But he does still look quite nice

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2024/2025)

Premier League Prediction - 16
    Premier League Position - 13

Table
    Graph

Summary
    After our semi-final loose in FA cup last year i was hoping to get to the final and we did well! Although we only got in the final in the deep deep overtime(thx Alvarez, again!)
    the Semis Another final for Kingstonian, but i knew how bad we had done in every other final before(except JPT) and after 60 minutes we were behind 1-0 and Skelton got a red card and i gave up.
    BUT Unbeliavably we came back at snatch an incredible FA Cup Final WIN
    Beside the very nice cup win our performance in the leauge where no better than the other years. Im starting to wonder what im doing wrong,
    I dont wanna be a "Cup team" that way ill never complete the challenge Ill try another tactic next year and see where that gets me.
    The board just decided to expand the stadium again with 8000 seats, which will make it an 34.000 all seater! pretty decent.

Squad

Kaldirim became footballer of the year runner up
    Wesley new signing
    de Regt Alot of big clubs are after him, im looking for a nice transfer sum

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Im thinking that i wanna make alot of changes, lets see if my scouts finds anyone and most important :improvement in the league.

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
    Last edited by kaNovi; 22-12-2009 at 20:25.

Amateur

Play off semi - 2nd leg - not happy

As you can see we had 5 Clear cut chances - 1 off the woodwork whislt until the 85th min when I threw everyone forward they had 1 shot - 1 on target - 1 long shot - 0 clear cut - 1 goal :mad:

Was a 35 yard free kick - have not had the courage to see how low the guys free kicks and long shots are yet but assuming both will probably be below 5

Don't really feel like a full update now - will be post in a few days when I next have time to play - suffice to say a season which saw us top for around a third of the campaign and into the semi finals of the FA trophy has fallen somewhat flat

Amateur

Third Team

2017/17 - Hendon - League 2

Our first season in league football and I pretty much hoped for survival. Improvements were made where necessary and my assistant's improvements were vital, along with scout reports which helped bring in some key players.

Media Prediction: 24th
    League Finish: 18th
    League Graphs

Survival was delivered in a very good season. Yes, we lost some but the key thing was that we won some as well which meant we were safe with about 6 games remaining.

Squad

Transfers

League Cup - including a memorable first round victory over Bristol Rovers of League One on penalties.
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Not much to say about this, crashed out at the first hurdle.
    FA Cup - See JPT.

Key Players

Luciano Becchio - A key contribution from a key player as he was our top scorer with 19 goals. He did hit a massive loss of form but recovered well in the end.

Pascal Bidart - Great find by the scout and a key player; despite his abysmal assist and goals he contributed well and was often handing out assists to the people who assisted.

Stephan El Shaarawy - Another solid season from the Italian where he contributed 9 goals and eight assists.

Paul Folkes - The loanee from our parent club was the rock in the heart of the defence and sometimes played on the left - will have to try and get him back next season.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season      League                   Position        Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd             Relegated
    2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th                None
    2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th                None
    2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th         Promoted through playoffs
    2016/17        League 2              18th                None
    Last edited by Cardiovascular; 22-12-2009 at 21:43.

World Cup Winner

With my current striker dilemma, the last thing I needed was my youth team throwing out this prospect (coach report).

I've already sold Anderson for £20m but it looks like the end of David Bateman.

Amateur

Well, I finally got Hastings United after a long and dark time of reloading.

Talon

Predicted: 22nd

We'll see how this goes.

Third Team

Boston United - Season 4 - League One - 2013/2014

Media Prediction - 24th
    Final Position - 1st
    FA Cup - 5th Round
    Carling Cup - 1st Round
    JP Trophy - Winners

League Table
    Position Graph
    Transfers
    Finances
    Manager Profile
    Manager Personal

So started off the season shaky as usual but managed to get near the top soon enough. Picked up some unbeaten runs and cemented myself in the automatic places for the rest of the season. Had a few blips here and there with losses I shouldn't have had but squeaked in to first. A last day win over Colchester gave me the title. Could have gone either way, either automatic promotion or playoffs as a string of 3 or so bad performances with a few injuries mixed in almost derailed the good work but we got through in the end.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 5th round of the FA Cup. Got beaten by Bolton and it was an away tie so nice for the coffers. In the Carling Cup I didn't last long again but in the JPT I had an awesome run. Managed to get my first cup with a 3-2 win over promotion rivals Cardiff.

Made a lot more transfers this year. Got in some nice loan signings, who contributed well. Most of the signings did well enough and I cleared some deadwood.

Awards
    Manager of Season

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
    Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
    League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
    League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners

Youth Team

dafuge your game seems to be throwing great prospects at you left right and centre whereas I can't find any! Can't believe you've got so many as to not require Bateman

Good season kaNovi, and well done on the FA Cup win in the Semi Final myself this season, really want it as it's the one I haven't gotten yet. Fixture congestion is making things tricky at the moment, we won the League Cup, still in the Champions League, and are 3 games behind everyone else in the League due to the Club World Championship malarky. We're still getting results, but it's tight, and players need resting whose backups are injured

If our finances were better I'd start resting people in the league and Champions League, but we need all the prize money we can get... tricky situation

Youth Team

About time I got started on my effort for this year's game, so meet the new manager of Truro!! (only took half a dozen reloads!)

edit: media prediction of 16th (fair enough) but, 6-1 joint 3rd favourites for promotion?!
    Last edited by rinso; 22-12-2009 at 23:27.

World Cup Winner

Bateman just got an England cap

Amateur

Have not played FM in nearly a week, due to serious issues with 10.2 patch, so am coming back with a bang, on the 10.1 patch. Aiming for Guiseley as I was at their ground earlier this season.

Amateur

Dartford - Blue Square Premier - 2012/2013

Despite being tipped to suffer a relegation battle in the Premier, Dartford have established themselves as a considerable threat to the playoff positions.

League: 11th (view)
    FA Cup: First Round
    FA Trophy: First Round

Squad

This year, the goal was simple: avoid relegation. We got off to a good start, notching up 2 wins against formidable opponents. A frustrating run of draws and losses then followed, and we only picked up 5 points from 7 matches, throwing us down to the lower regions of the table.

We kept on this pattern throughout the rest of the season, with the number of wins balancing out the number of losses. My star defender, Jeet Padaruth, kept on requesting transfer, so I had to bring in a replacement for him. Two of my strikers, Marvin Williams and Ajay Leitch-Smith, did a good job for the team. Towards the end of the season, we had a nice winning run against stronger teams, which brought us up to 11th in the table.

Part-Timer

Bateman just got an England cap
    wow! :P

I still believe you should play him ;)

Thx SnakeXe, nice to see you keep playing the challenge

dafuge; a real england cap or u20?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    dafuge; a real england cap or u20?
    A proper cap.

The current England boss (Dan Gosling, who jumped straight into the England job after retiring as a player at Galatasaray ) seems to love my players.

He's even called up these two wonderkids from my own youth academy:

Paul Ramm
    Steve Shutt

Even the under 21s seem to be full of my players.

Youth Team

Thx SnakeXe, nice to see you keep playing the challenge
    Well I tried Gundo's challenge but couldn't really get into it - always kept comparing unfavourably to my experiences with Merthyr, so I thought "why not just go back to Merthyr?" so I did

About 2 seasons ago I remember 7 players in the Welsh first team being either from my academy or naturalised at Merthyr - so you've got a while to go before you match me there dafuge ;)

Been thinking of trying to get the Wales job next time it comes up and really pushing my academy to see how far we could push the national side - like a mini San Marino challenge almost.

Amateur

I'm shockingly bad at all forms of FM but will give this a try.

Meet the new manager of Horsham

Club info
    Facilities

Let the challenge begin!

gl shotter007!

//

Seems nice dafuge, when you complete the challenge you can finally win the World Cup with England with your own Tooting squad ;)

Amateur

Season 5 Guiseley- tomc990
    League- Blue Square Prem
    Media Prediction- 22nd
    Finish- 4th- promoted via play offs

Manager's comment: an ultimately successful season achieving promotion in our 3rd season in the blue square prem- i'm looking forward to the challenge of league 2.

League Table

Playoff1- a close 1st leg with us defeated.
    Playoff2- An excellent performance led to an easy 3-0 win in the end

Playoff Final A tense game with magno viera scoring the winner in extra time.

Fa Cup
    Fa Trophy
    Nothing special in either

Player Stats- Top assister in the league with one of the top scorers

Team stats

Squad- value/selection/assistant reports

Awards: Manager of the month, 2nd in manager of the season, team of the season (burns)

Sale: the biggest sale involving blue square prem with 65k over 24 months here is the player

Key Players

Burns Top assister in the league- playmaker did me proud

Chaouki Loaned from united- great mr in 2nd half of the season

Magno Viera Brazilian signed on a free- scored an assisted throughout the season.

Mcauley My leading st this season

Muniz Spanish lb loaned from burnley- impressed me

Paton Dm signed for free- will be interesting to see if he can step up to league 2 standard.

Finances a major improvement on last season

Transfers More out than in improving the wage bill.

Next Season: The main aim of course is to stay clear from league 2 relegation so anything else is a bonus- i will try to make sure finances remain as they are without making a loss.

Thanks Tom

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2024/25

Predicted: 16th
    Finished: 5th

League Table

League Table Graph

A huge, huge improvement needless to say. New signings did contribute far more effectively than previous seasons and two defenders brought in midway through the season are probably the reason we ended up so high up the table.

Truth be told, we should have broke the top four but lost our last game to Wolves after losing a man to a sending off.
    -----------------

Lookies

Transfers Sold Resende (remember that donkey?) to Man United when my chairman accepted a £30million offer (like I was going to reject it.) As it turned out, United did win the league, however Resende did very little to contribute to it. Making me feel alot better about myself as he's now flopped at two English clubs. Wonderkid Carlos moved on to Milan in January after getting on my nerves more than once. Da Silva (not a wonderkid but a good prospect) moved on also. Leozao was useless in my new formation so he was sent on to Juventus. Rodrigo (another centre back) wanted out so away he went. Our back-up Keeper got an offer from Liverpool and we graciously accepted it.

In terms of ins, we got some excellent players in. (See Key Players & Youth)

Club Info Don't mean to sound harsh but as much as Ben Lasserre was a decent wee centre back, surely I should be on one of those lists?

Squad I'm liking this team. I'm sure I might have to add one or two more but generally I think I'm happy to stick with these lot next season.

Finances Getting better.

Facilities

------------------------------------
    Cups

Carling Cup A great run, including a knock out of Man City. We dominated Everton at Wembly.

FA Cup After last season we had to improve. We did. Simply that. We should have won it and after dominating Arsenal at Wembly we didn't deserve to leave with runners up medals.

Key Players

Jaime Ortega Been with us for six years now but is finally coming to be one of the best forwards in England.

Rik De Jong Another strong season from this young full back. He's my vice captain already at 22.

Santos I needed a box to box midfielder to run the midfield and get a few goals. Got him for less than £15million.

Glenn Intezar After selling on Leozao I needed to replace that void with another forward. This lad is top, top quality.

Dmitry Tischenko My star goalkeeper. My first genuine superstar goalie and this big Russian kept us in many a game or two throughout the season. Still quite young also so could become a legend at Dartford.

Youth

Maximiliano Perez Another great season. Now a 'wonderkid' and with good reason.

Tiaguinho I actually wrapped up this deal a year ago when he was 17. This lad I think could become one of, if not the best player in the world. Literally staggering how good he is when the big games come up. Score a brace against Everton to lift the Carling Cup.

Phil Burt First time I've got a good youth prospect of my own. My assman thinks he could become a good Premier league centre back. Good stuff. Gave him a few games this season, didn't disappoint in any of his games.
    Career Overview

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
    Next Season
    Try our best in the Europa League and in the league, well a repeat would be more than satisfactory, however we could well break the top four.

Amateur

Aario - Hucknall - Season 2 (2011-12) - BSP - 3rd - Playoff semi lossers

Overview

A strong season but one that finsihed in disapointment - 1 win away from winning the league, lossing in the playoffs and also suffering defeat in the FA Trophy semi

League

As you can see from the table it was (as with last season in the BSN) my home form that almost won us the league as yet again I found myself in a division that no-one seemed able to stamp their authority on. I really need to sort out my tactics away from home it appears . My strikers getting small injuries and suffering losses of confidence through Jan and right at the death eventually did for us when it appeared for a bit we may run away with it. Ultimately this defeat in the penultimate game against eventual winners York was decisive

Cups

[From last season report] "Nothing to see here - move along please! (aim for next season is to do a little better to get some cash in!)"

Well achived that! Got through to the 1st round of the FA Cup and had our first giant killing as we got a lucky 3-3 away at League 2 Shrewsbury before a deserved 2-1 home win put them out!

Came down to earth with a bump in the 2nd round though - getting spanked 0-4 by League 1 Swindon in front of the TV cameras. Bought in much need cash though.

FA Trophy was even better making it all the way to the semis but 2 below par performances against local rivals Mansfield meant we missed out on the chance to win a trophy I felt was there for the taking.

Squad

Here are the first team

Here are my transfers - about half of these were youngsters as the youth players that came through our systems would have been thrashed every week - doubt any of them will ever make the first team.

Best player was a bit of a surprise - he started the season in the reserves as I thought he had over performed in my season in the BSN but after getting his chance early on due to injury he never looked back. Will be interrested he can repeat this coming season.

Captain Keates was also great but I fear his legs maybe gone next season.

Aims for next season

Definitely want promotion - need to get the away day tactics sorted and probably find a decent central midfielder and a new keeper

Finances

Still lossing money each month. But thanks to the income from the 2 home FA Cup games against higher opposition we managed to turn a small profit over the season

Here you go

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North         1st         Promoted as Champions
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier       3rd         Playoff semi-finalist, FA Trophy semi-finalists
    Season 1 report

To bad Aario! Looking on the bright side, maybe you can become champion now!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    To bad Aario! Looking on the bright side, maybe you can become champion now!
    Thanks mate - thats certainly the aim!

Can someone please explain to me who thought it was funny that English clubs can sign everyone they want 6 months before their contract ends, but not the players who play in England. grrrrrrr

Youth Team

Season 18 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League
    - 1st, Champions (Table)
    Champions League - Winners
    FA Cup - Semi-Final (lost v Liverpool)
    League Cup - Winners
    Club World Championship - Winners
    European Super Cup - Winners
    Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

But for two defeats (both against Liverpool :mad this was the perfect season. One loss in the league, one in the FA Cup Semi-Final, and but for those (assuming we'd gone on to win the FA Cup final), it would have been every trophy, and totally unbeaten. Immortality within touching distance, but still so far away...

Oh well can't complain with all those shiny things in the cabinet can we!

Special mention for Daniel Carrera (history), the final outfield player left at the club who helped us win promotion from the Championship way back in 2021, who is finally leaving on a free transfer after his contract expired. He still helped us out, playing in the game that secured us the Premier League title, and I gave him a cheeky 5 minutes in the Champions League Final win over Fiorentina
    as a thank-you for the service he'd given us.

Which brings me on to the aim for next season - sort the squad out, and win everything. Possibly go undefeated. We had serious problems with tiredness at the end of the season - probably cost us that semi-final against Liverpool, and certainly made the Champions League semi-final against Marseille much tighter than it should have been. To put things in perspective, 11 players played more than 50 games, and Jose Manuel Moran played every game. 66 matches. We've already got another centre-half, midfielder and striker coming in to bolster our options, and I could probably do with another left winger too.

Oh, and a new stadium would be nice - 14,250 capacity is ridiculous for a double-Champions League and triple-Premier League winning team!

Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
    2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
    2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
    2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
    2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
    2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
    2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
    2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners
    2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15
    Season 6 - 2015/16
    Season 7 - 2016/17
    Season 8 - 2017/18
    Season 9 - 2018/19
    Season 10 - 2019/20
    Season 11 - 2020/21
    Season 12 - 2021/22
    Season 13 - 2022/23
    Season 14 - 2023/24
    Season 15 - 2024/25
    Season 16 - 2025/26
    Season 17 - 2026/27
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 24-12-2009 at 14:03.

Yeah!!! Board announce plans for new stadium!!!

Will get an 15.136 capacity!!!

Guiseley board I love you x

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjaune View Post
    Is anyone still looking for a Truro save? I got them on first attempt.

Btw, it's on the 26th of June, since the game continued past the 25th. But there is no manager added.
    can you upload it mate

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2026/27

Last year we fell just short of the leading two clubs and the lack of a real title challenge is becoming frustrating. I decided to abandon the two cups in order to focus on our league campaign.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

So frustratingly close. With two games to go we were top, but then blew it with a 0-0 draw against relegated Birmingham. Man City overtook us with a win against Watford, but then faced a tough last game against Newcastle. They drew 1-1 handing me a chance to calim the title, which we blew again with a 1-1 draw, against Man Utd of all clubs.

FA Cup - it felt bad going out to a Championship side but I made no effort to win this game.

Carling Cup - a great draw for a competition I wasn't interested in, my reserves were easily beaten.

UEFA Champions League - we topped the group stage then started hammering our way through the knockout stages with a couple of 5-1 wins. After an away 1-0 loss to AC Milan in the semi final, we found ourselves 2-2 on aggregate and set to go out on away goals. I threw everyone forward and AC Milan put us out of our misery.

Transfers - I tried not to spend too much, with the two qualiy defenders the only real investments. With a couple of big sales I was able to make a profit on our transfers which was badly needed as our debt grew.

Squad - I'm happy with this squad now and I'm confident they can improve and hopefully win the title soon. The only real disappointment was David 'wonderkid' Bateman, who failed to score all season.

Key Player Profiles:

Javier - he's a real star, and his physical attributes don't look quite as bad now.

Cuma Sahan - a big imrpovement on last season as he made a major contribution with goals and assists.

Fabio Bertolini - was originally signed as backup but managed an impressive scoring record from the wing.

David Estévez - a solid looking defender who helped to improve the number of goals we conceded this season.

Sebastian Engelmann - dependable as ever, although he missed the last two games of the season which could have lost us the title.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    Next Season

We are so close now, we were really unlucky to come away empty handed this season. At least we didn't lose in any cup finals.

Things off the field are ok, although I may need to restrict myself in the transfer market to try and get our finances back in check. The stadium has been expanded to 34000 now, although that will be it as there is no space to expand further.

Youth Team

The improvement in Javier's Strength makes him look a much fiercer prospect I have to say

Good luck with the title next season, I'm sure you can do it I'm sure you would have done already had you been like me and destroyed your club's finances with reckless abandon! It's biting me back now, we made just a £6m profit last season despite almost bagging the quintuple, and we've already lost £20m so far this, and I've only played the community shield (win on pens over the 'Pool) so far

New stadium doesn't look likely to happen unless I start making a profit on transfers, which won't happen until I start finding some decent youth players. I've had just one player signed as a prospect for the future make the first 11 since I made the Premier League - mind you it is club record scorer Jose Manuel Moran

Part-Timer

man Bateman! how dissapointing . Ill reckon you will get the title next year.

My team play as bad as ever, im wondering if we will ever improve in the league!
    And im in a different position.. sold of alot of players and we have 20m+ balance, but have no transfer budget left

Amateur

Oxford City's first season in League 2 is not going well at all; bottom after 11 games with just 5 points and 1 win in 12.
    On the other hand striker Stephen Thompson is in the form of his life, with 15 goals in 12 games, scoring in every league game so far.

Part-Timer

Dafuge, thats really tough luck with the league, but you look like you have a very strong squad. As for Bateman i would go with your instinct, ignore his attributes and coach reports if you don't think he is going to make it sell him on.

Youth Team

Just got my Champions League group - Benfica, FC Kobenhavn and Austria Wien

I must say after 2 years of FC Bayern and then Barcelona last year, it's nice to be able to relax

Amateur

After 8 straight defeats, what a way to return to winning ways.

World Cup Winner

Last edited by dafuge; 24-12-2009 at 23:09.

Amateur
    FC Martugues Big euro nation challenge 2010

You scored 8 with zero clear cut chances?!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Thistles * player View Post
    You scored 8 with zero clear cut chances?!
    It was crazy, loads of long range goals and headers.

Third Team

Into the 3rd round of the Carling Cup and playing against a fellow Championship team. Leading the table with straight wins so far going into the second month. Have brought in a future Prem quality goalie and also attacking midfielder. Going to upload them soon. Managed to get the goalie on a free and the striker for a deal which will be worth 170k. I wised up and sold a defender who I figured would be backup for 150k and brought in a better player on a free.

I love free transfers and cheap players who are quality.

Here he is: Marco Paz

Going to try to get Danny Welbeck on the cheap in January. He was injured while I was trying to wrangle with my parent club Man Utd and he's languishing in their reserves.
    Last edited by roseboy64; 25-12-2009 at 00:10.

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2025/26

Predicted: 7th
    Finished: 1st

League Table

League Table Graph

Unbelievable season. We reached the top during the first half of the season and never let up. We did finish on a very sour note with a 7-0 away drubbing by Man City (however the league was wrapped up and I was resting players for the Europa Final.)

Half of the challenge completed!
    -----------------

Lookies

Transfers The only player of any significance brought in was my new record signing (and I say that proudly as he's outstanding) the great Terry Pierce.

As for departures, we did have a few. Young spanish striker Barasoain (back-up) had enough of being at Dartford and was moved on for a decent fee of £6.5million. Another one which I wasn't happy about as he's been with us a long time and was beginning to make strides was young left wing-back Torres. He decided he wasn't going to extend his contact and announced he would leave on a bosman. Come January, I had to get what I could for him.

Club Info If I hadn't have made the list after a League & European Cup double I would have been strongly suggesting a bug.

SquadThe full-back positions probably need better depth and perhaps another good back-up keeper. Apart from that I'm very positive about retaining my trophy next season.

Finances Should begin to push on now I have a squad with not much to add to it.

Facilities Need to max out the facilities.

Cups

Carling Cup As holders, we should be doing better.

Nowhere near as bad this though..

FA Cup Kill me now.

Europa League After easily clearing the group stage we went on a fantastic run in which I went through both of the old firm and in the end it climaxed with a hum-dinger of battle with the Arsenal
    Key Players

Jaime Ortega Continued on from last season with devastated form all season long. Runner up for Player of the Year.

Diyan Vanchev My right winger had an awesome season with goals and assists to boot.

Terry Pierce Signed for a big fee of £28million but he was worth every penny. Completed dominated the midfield alongside Santos (who was good enough already.)

Glenn Intezar Another top season from the dutch man. Type of forward that can take on an entire defence ..and win!

Ricardinho Still quite young and is attracting too much interest than I can handle. Very good at coming off the wing to run straight at the defence and pop in a goal or two.

Kirichenko My fellow Dartford Icon was in great form this season and at 30 the Russian centre back is playing the best football of his career. Scored two goals against Arsenal in the Europa League Final.

Javier Much like Kirichenko was in superb form and kept us nice and tight at the back when needed.

Youth

Maximiliano Perez Beginning to push for a more concrete role in the heart of defence.

Tiaguinho 19 goals in all competitions for 19 year old Brazilian Tiaguinho. Going from strength to strength. I can't wait to see what he'll be like at 24-25.

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, UEFA Europa League Winners, Qualified for the UEFA Champions League
    Next Season

Keep our trophy! Try and reach at least the quarter-finals of the Champions League. Do much better in the Cups.
    Last edited by JonnyCurrie; 25-12-2009 at 14:05.

Amateur

I'm going start the challenge today however I was wondering how and where do you get the code of achievements like the one above ^.

Amateur

And also should i use the current patch available or just 10.0.0?

Part-Timer

Its recommended that you use the latest patch.. If you want to get the code of achievement you have to make it yourself although you can c+p the code done. You can see the code if you reply to his post

Amateur

Yeah I think I just copied it off Dafuge if I remember correctly. Pretty simple C & P.

Amateur

Sweet thanks very much for the advice, can't wait to get the challenge started lol

Amateur

Right well I'm about to start my journey with Truro, such a quaint town. Heres my screenie

http://s952.photobucket.com/albums/a...eniedafuge.jpg

JP

Sigh... My seccond season will be even harder than my first in the Championship. My chairman just accepted a 2 million euro bid for my best defender

Right lost 3 games in a row, great start..

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14 - Season 4

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 23rd
    Finished: 4th Play-off Winners

FA Cup - Lost in 1st round vs Southend
    League Cup - Lost in 1st round vs Leicester
    JPT -Lost in S 2nd round vs Colchester

Team Stats
    Team General

Transfers
    Finances

Key Players

David - Rock in defence

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt
    Improve squad and get rid of dead wood
    Top Half finish

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners
    2012/13       L2                  12th                      
    2013/14       L2                  4th                       Play-off Winners
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 17-01-2010 at 17:27.

Amateur

Just got to say Stephen Thompson is an absolute hero - 28 goals in the first 20 games of the season, including scoring in every single league game so far. If it wasn't for him, we'd certainly be getting relegated; as it is, we're in 22nd, 1 point outside the relegation zone.

Amateur

platty have you got that truro save? how did you get them so quick?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by RecliamTheKop View Post
    I just holdayed as usual and it brought up truro at my second attempt

Amateur

Oh dear struggling at the moment, 15th after 9 games in BSS, and out of the FA Cup at the 2nd Qualifying round .

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by RecliamTheKop View Post
    Their rep has increased dramatically on v10.2

Amateur

Ahh that'll be why then

Amateur
    Merely a grain of sand in a big ol' universe.

Need a save with both AFC Hornchurch and FC United. Me and Joe are both starting our new Network Dafuges challenge like last year I have a feeling we could be reloading well into the night

Youth Team

Got my first player in World Team of the Year

Only cost me £7.25m this summer, strange for a guy who is clearly world class, and at 27 just entering his peak...

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

Last season we came so close, losing the title in the last two games. Our European campaign was another close shot, following up our final loss with a loss in the semi final. This season was ours for the taking, we had a great squad and needed to take our chance.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Finally we did it! With games in hand we looked in control for a long time before being presented with a fimiliar situation, top with two games to go. This time the odds were a little bit more in our favour, needing to win of our last two games. Our first game could have sealed it for us, but in a crucial match the cruelest of endings gave Man City a chance of a title. Our second game sealed the title for us, but it was a nervy win in a game we should have won easily.

Community Shield - the scoreline was hugely flattering but the result signalled our intent for the season.

FA Cup - I put out a mixed team but they fell short to Spurs.

Carling Cup - a weak team was put out, who lost to Chelsea.

UEFA Champions League

I think this was the first time we had entered as top seeds, but it didn't show as we drew Rubin Kazan, Hamburg and Valencia.

Group Table

We dominanted the group, only conceding a goal in the final game of the group.

1st Knockout Round leg 1 - this was a great result away from home, but it could have been better.
    1st Knockout Round leg 2 - this was more like it, we showed them what we were really capable of.

Quarter Final leg 1 - this lot had just knocked out our rivals Man City, so this was considered a great result.
    Quarter Final leg 2 - once again, we turned on the style at home.

Semi Final leg 1 - the result flattered us, but it was a superb scoreline to take back home.
    Semi Final leg 2 - as tiredness kicked in towards the end of the season this match at home was all about protecting our lead, which we did.

Final - it was a fantastic result which meant so much more as we beat the team that defetaed us in the final of this competition three years ago.

Transfers - I was trying to make a profit, but when winger Fabio Bertollini insisted on moving to a bigger club I had to splash out £30m on a youngster capable of replacing him.

Squad - the squad is now ready, I have a first eleven capable of playing at the very top level. With the finances still on the edge I still have to be careful in the transfer market but I may look for perhaps one more player for next season.

Player Profiles:

Since this is the monumental season in which I have completed the challenge, here are the profiles of the legendary double winning team.

GK - Craig Rogers - Biography
    DR - Hamza Recker - Biography
    DL - Stephen Agbo - Biography
    DC - Paulo - Biography
    DC - Paul Ramm - Biography
    DM - Mario Barun - Biography
    MR - Alex Eldridge - Biography
    ML - Chris Blackmore - Biography
    AMC - Cuma Sahan - Biography
    ST - Javier - Biography
    ST - Sebastian Engelmann - Biography

Sub 1 - David Estévez
    Sub 2 - Miguel Goni
    Sub 3 - Steve Shutt

Career Overview
    Code:
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    Next Season

With my initial long term aim completed, my next aim is to establish T&M as the biggest club in the world, which will require continued success in the top competitions. My main aim is to retain the Premier League title, anything after that is a bonus.
    Last edited by dafuge; 27-12-2009 at 15:23.

Third Team

My regens don't have biographies?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    My regens don't have biographies?
    Have they reached the age of 21?

World Cup Winner

The completion of the challenge means I am now able to embark on my international career, which I will be starting with Italy.

My first target is qualifying for the World Cup, which I quite fancy with this qualifiying group.

Youth Team

Congrats on finally completing the challenge dafuge

I want to go into international management, been offered the Czech and Brazil jobs, but would rather hold out for England or Wales.

Part-Timer

Congratulations Dafuge! Nice squad!

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Started up a new game with Dartford when the 10.2 patch was released

Manager profile

Hassebasse Dartford 2010-2011 BSS

Finished second, lost play off final.

League Table

Transfers

Hassebasse Dartford 2011-2012 BSS

Won, promoted.

League Table

Transfers

Hassebasse Dartford 2012-2013 BSP

Back to back promotions, a fantastics season

League Table

Transfers

My best performer by far, playing as the central amc in my narrow 4231 formation, with a trequartista/andvanced playmaker role. An amazing amount of assists, especially since he wasn't a corner/free kick taker

Squad

Targets for my league two season:
    Survive, and get some cash to improve my facilities
    Last edited by hassebasse80; 27-12-2009 at 12:19.

Amateur

Me and my netwrok partner from fm09 are back, however, we have both been simultaneously reloading in excess of 3 hours now, trying to get a game with both AFC Hornchurch/Aveley/Billercay and FC United/Hendon/Rugby I have never seen any of them in my reloads at the moment, and seem to get Truro in my reloads 90% of the time :S Frustrating :| If anyone has a save meeting our wishes, please upload

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2025/2026)

Premier League Prediction - 14
    Premier League Position - 10

Table
    Graph

Summary
    Very boring season. My squad just doesnt seem to be improving, i have tried several different tactics but we always fail to make it in the top run.
    Something that really got me mad this year was Sunderland. I lost in the league cup 3rd round to them. Then in the FA Cup 5th round and to completely
    embarres me they knocked me out of the Euro cup second knockout round! ARGH!

Squad

Dida
    Escobar Unfortunaly injuries is ruining his career
    Rodrigo

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Improvement.

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Premier League	      2024/25   13th	  FA Cup Winners
    Premier League	      2025/26   9th	  none

Amateur

Having given up on Farnborough in 2009, i decided to have another go having just got FM2010 for xmas. On my second reload i got Truro and couldn't resist even though i know i will probably fail!! Here is my profile, hopefully i will be successful!!

Amateur

Trying holidaying through the season again, maybe hornchurch and fc united done reallly really bad that year :S

Youth Team

Good update kaNovi, you thinking of selling Escobar due to his injury problems? Might be worth cashing in rather than hope he overcomes them.

Other than that, are you managing to see much progress between the seasons? I definitely saw my Merthyr team go through several stages, especially in the Premier League, as we progressed, and the type of performances - if not necessarily results - definitely followed an evolution.

Amateur

Starting as Truro today

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Good update kaNovi, you thinking of selling Escobar due to his injury problems? Might be worth cashing in rather than hope he overcomes them.

Other than that, are you managing to see much progress between the seasons? I definitely saw my Merthyr team go through several stages, especially in the Premier League, as we progressed, and the type of performances - if not necessarily results - definitely followed an evolution.
    Im gonna give Escobar this season to prove if i should keep him! hes young and i think he has a great potential, so its difficult=)

Hmm.. im not really seeing much progress. I get better players every year and this year my team looks almost complete, so im hoping this is the year where we push for an european spot. If we dont improve this year its hard to see when!

Well this is interesting I've just arranged to sell my backup Keeper to Levski in Bulgaria at the end of the season for a club record £600K plus 50% of next sale, he is only rated at 1.5 stars and I've only get him around as I have no-one else, so looks like I will be needing to look for a new keeper next season now...

Youth Team

Im gonna give Escobar this season to prove if i should keep him! hes young and i think he has a great potential, so its difficult=)

Hmm.. im not really seeing much progress. I get better players every year and this year my team looks almost complete, so im hoping this is the year where we push for an european spot. If we dont improve this year its hard to see when!
    Just checking back through my Best XIs, and the difference between 9th place and 4th place was two players - a left back and a central midfielder.

The difference between the 4th place team and the Premier League winning one was two players (centre half and striker), and then the difference between the Premier League and the Champions League winning side was, again, 2 players (central midfielder and left winger).

What this hopefully illustrates is that the margins are small, and only a little change is required for dramatic improvement in the team's position. You're probably not far away from a very very good team - just keep things consistent and add quality to the squad

Another stat for you - 13 out of 24 of my first team squad have been with the club 5 years or more

So the Championship is fun - with the board giving me no money by the time the transfer window has closed the only signing I have made is bringing in the Belgian Centre-Back I had on loan last season on a free, though I have brought in 19 players on loan to strength the squad - I again pretty much loaned in anyone who was interested in playing for me so they aren't the best quality but they are better than my youth players.

We actually got off to a good start drawing our first two games 0-0 before losing to Forest 4-2 and then surprisingly we beat Portsmouth 1-0, rather worryingly there aren't that many teams that I'd expect us to beat - Swansea, Brighton and Gillingham look like the weaker sides, nearly everyone else has been in the Premiership at one time since 92/93.

Whilst our Carling Cup adventure was ended in the second round as we lost at home to Ipswich, so we didn't even earn any money.

So the only goal for this season is to not get relegated, as when our new stadium is built next season we should be able to actually afford to pay people to play for us.

It's taken 7 years but the board have finally decided it's worth improving our youth facilities.

Amateur

Can someone upload a Truro save from the 25th please.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    It's taken 7 years but the board have finally decided it's worth improving our youth facilities.
    Same here. As well as training. Shame though they only agreed after the season started and when I'm on top of the league. Hopefully though I'll managed one Prem quality player next season. Have managed a couple decent youngsters mind but none good enough for the higher levels.

Part-Timer

By the time i was in PrL i had excellent youth facilities :P My board seem to be rather good upgrading my facilities! and this year i actually got 2 really exiting prospects:
    Robson
    Canham

Snakexe: I have tried to only buy a couple of quality players every year( except for last year when i bough about 4). i have bought 2 real quality players this year so im really hoping!

Schweitzer
    Bulakh

Amateur

I'm in my first season in the BSN with Ashton Utd and halfway through the season and really struggling. Down near the relegation zone and just having a tough time. Was hoping that someone would be able to give a few pointers as far as tactics for the BSN/BSS level. Can upload screenies of players I have if needed. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2387 View Post
    I'm in my first season in the BSN with Ashton Utd and halfway through the season and really struggling. Down near the relegation zone and just having a tough time. Was hoping that someone would be able to give a few pointers as far as tactics for the BSN/BSS level. Can upload screenies of players I have if needed. Thanks in advance
    I'm no genius at tactics but I'd say lower leagues keep it simple, obviously it depends on your players but generally using a DMC has helped me in taking teams from there to the Prem in previous years, maybe trying a 4-3-3 with a target man, but again depends on your players. I'm sure people in here would give some tips. I'd also say keep things like creative freedom to a minimum except for one or two players. Good luck!

Part-Timer

in my 4th season in the championship and the board have decided that my training and youth facilities are good enough and dont need upgrading - they are both listed as average

What for (a) defender(s) you guys prefer in the center?

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    in my 4th season in the championship and the board have decided that my training and youth facilities are good enough and dont need upgrading - they are both listed as average
    I've completed the challenge and mine are both still average so annoying

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I've completed the challenge and mine are both still average so annoying
    a Merthyr problem no doubt, i cant extend the stadium either

Amateur

Looks offside your 2nd goal ;) hehe

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill Championship 2024/25

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 4th Rd
    League Cup - 4th Rd

This was another season of underacheivment as i have a squad capable of promotion. After a bright start all confidence drained after winning against Liverpool in the cup. 1 win in 14 sent me down the table and although results improved after xmas i was never near to the playoffs.
    In the League cup i completely outplayed premiership Liverpool, winning 2-1 at home in the 3rd Rd before being thrashed 5-2 away at premiership QPR.
    In the FA cup i lost 2-1 at home to chmapionship Coventry.

Transfers

Muller (history) was a big loss in the summer joining another championship side on a free for half the wages i offered him.
    I got frustrated with Diop (history) form and sold him in Jan.
    Soulie had become 2nd choice right midfield and wanted to leave so went in Jan.
    Kilicasian was signed in Aug as my record signing but couldn't join until jan. He played one game and was injured for 3 months, when recovered he was homesick so i saw little of him on the pitch. He is described as the new Hakan Sukur

Squad

Vitiello established himself as the first choice goalie.
    Spence was brought in to provide experience in centre defence and retired to the staff at the end of the season. Tedeschi and Bray showed some improvement towards the end of the season along with Miguel and Hagelstein. Hagelstein looks very good at right back but now wants to leave.
    Volpi. Morisse and Roberto were excellent but the rest of the midfield were a bit flat. Martin was injured for 10 months.
    Up front i lacked options as although Lehmann did well, Amestroy didn't score many and i had no-one else.

Star player - signed on a bosman last jan of last season, he is rated at prem standard and was a real threat on the right.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
    2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2016/17   League 1                      13th        None 
    2017/18   League 1                      14th        None 
    2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
    2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
    2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
    2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
    2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
    2023/24   Championship                  8th         None
    2024/25   Championship                  10th        None
    Last edited by Thebaker; 07-01-2010 at 10:44.

Amateur

Nah, level by a whisker; excellent linesmanship

Youth Team

a Merthyr problem no doubt, i cant extend the stadium either
    The board even agree they need improving and then just do nothing

And despite what the board say (lying through their teeth) - that the stadium can't be expanded - it can. Mine's up to 14,250 now but I think it is definitely now maxed, as we've filled it literally every game for about 4 years now and no improvement. Really need a new stadium but no sign of one yet, my finances are a little bit of a shambles so that's probably why.

Edit: Forgot what I came in to say - think I've broken Man Utd! Smashed them 4-1 at OT when they were top of the table and we were still a mid-table side a few seasons ago, they then finished that season 6th, nearly got relegated the subsequent one, and have been mid-to-bottom half of the table ever since. We always hit them for 3+ goals now... very satisfying
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 28-12-2009 at 16:06.

Since the start my Training Facilities have had one upgrade to Fairly Basic, my youth facilities are still basic

I've just noticed that Middlesboro are causing havoc with the Championship fixtures - they qualifed for the Europa League after losing the FA Cup Final last season - which means Boro cannot play the midweek games and they have only managed to play 8 games when other teams have played 14 - ten teams have played 14 games, eight 13 games, three of us including me have played 12 and two have played 11 games, which is messing the table up quite badly and has since a few managers lose their jobs when they have played less games than the teams above them.

World Cup Winner

Since the start my Training Facilities have had one upgrade to Fairly Basic, my youth facilities are still basic
    Mine have been maxed out, although they seem to deteriorate now so every few years it costs a bit to bring them back up to top notch.

Third Team

Mine have been maxed out, although they seem to deteriorate now so every few years it costs a bit to bring them back up to top notch.
    Which is a good thing for long term games imo. Makes you think about your finances a bit more. Plus you can put it down to advancements in technology as the years roll by!

You know you've had a good month when the only thing the board can find to complain about is the fact that one of my loanees isn't playing

Youth Team

Secured the title after 31 league games looks like being a record-breaking season in the Premier League at least!

Amateur

So frustrating lost 3 games on the trot with Truro and now promotion looks like a vert distant thought, 10 points off the play-off places in BSS

Just noticed the values of my players has shot up - I've now got several actual players (not loanees) worth over £1m

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 85 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast