+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,800 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Well at the turn of the year things are going surprisingly well in League One - after 24 games we are sat 8th in the league 22pts clear of relegation, but yet again it's a case of us doing well when we turn up to games and us being hammered when my players cannot be bothered to put the effort in - though things could be worse Norwich who came up with me have just beaten Crystal Palace 11-0 - this is a Palace team who came down from the Championship last season and sold £11m worth of players and spent £1m bringing in new players.

A rather worrying issue I have is that so far I haven't been able to sign a single player - the few league one rated players I can find are worth too much (teams don't seem to happy when I offer them £0 for players worth a couple £100K) or want wages way past what I can offer - the only players I have managed to bring in are loads of players on loan, which leads to another problem I only have 15 senior players at the club and despite the fact that we are selling out the stadium each week we are losing money hand over fist and I am running out of players to sell to keep the club afloat

The other teams hacking down my players doesn't help either

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

Lightbulb Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Team View Post
    Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover

Do you use 4-2-2-2 formation all the time? Could you tell me what is your instruction for booth MCs? One is more advanced in attacking role from other one?

Sorry for poor english, i`m from poland
    The game actually calls it a 4-2-4 formation. I don't normally like to give out tactical info because the last time I did SI got wind and suddenly my tactics were useless.

In basic terms my MC's are very defensive (both of them). In conjunction with my DC's they form a very effective box, a bit like the passive box in ice hockey. Meanwhile the other six players pile forward at every opportunity. Quite often my wingers beat their full back and when they cross the ball there is at least 3 guys in the centre clear through to tap in the cross. Hence the large number of assists my wingers get.

Its not perfect. 1st game of new season sees us lose the Community Shield 2-1 to Manchester United.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    After the first season you need to have 8 homegrown players in your Premier League squad of 25. (Though hopefully it's broken like the Football League one where players I've signed from France count as grown in England )
    It did not seem to work like that for me atleast, a couple times I had to scramble to sign a player or risk losing a back up.

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2023/2024)

Premier League Prediction - 13
    Premier League Position - 14

Table
    Graph

Summary
    After last seasons overperfomance i was sure that we couldnt achieve the prediction by the media and i was right. The season was a struggle.
    In the FA cup i managed to get to the Semi-Final only to loose 2-0 to PL Champions Man City then afterwards i managed to win 3-1 against them in the league the week after.
    An okay season, not impressive and im looking to strengthen the squad now.

Squad

Dida Our most expensive signing yet
    Tarasov Another new signing
    Alvarez Is now an icon, well deserved i must say, but im bitter that im only a fav. personell

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    another cup run would be nice, but i will be looking for improvement on the squad and improvement in the league.

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   2012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier   2013/14   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions
    League Two            2014/15   2nd       JPT Winners, Promotion
    League One            2015/16   13th      none
    League One	      2016/17   2nd	  Promotion
    Championship	      2017/18   14th	  none
    Championship	      2018/19   12th	  none
    Championship	      2019/20   5th	  Playoff semi-final losers
    Championship	      2020/21   5th	  Playoff final losers
    Championship	      2021/22   1st	  Championship Champions
    Premier League	      2022/23   10th	  none
    Premier League	      2023/24   14th	  FA Cup semi-finalist
    Last edited by kaNovi; 19-12-2009 at 09:35.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    Im searching and searching for english players that can be in me starting eleven and it just seems impossible to find any good players.. i cant even find talents! I have my scouts searching all over england in every division as well. I have to use alot of reserves/u18 to accomidate(i think thats the word ) the 8 HG rule..
    I just got 3 very talented players promoted from my excellent youth setup! So this doesnt mather now, ill just make them myself :P
    Especially this guy looks very promising Andy Henry Born just down the street at Kingston upon thames
    Last edited by kaNovi; 19-12-2009 at 12:01.

Part-Timer

Been having trouble with my right fullback recently - Darren Cole. He's one of my most consistent players, and has been really top-notch.

However, he just gets so many injuries. He was out for 4 months in the season before he joined me with a broken foot, and then after he joined broke his foot again, out for another four months. He was then out for a month at the beginning of this season with a groin strain, came back and got a hip injury for 2 months, and then after his comeback from that was out for a month with a thigh strain.

So in total, that's 12 months out over the course of 2 years. Should I stick by him, or send him packing? If I get a good offer for him (he's valued at £12k) I'll get shut in an instant, but I doubt I'd receive even a semi-decent offer in all honesty, as a result of the way AI teams ignore your players in most circumstances. It might come down to me letting him go for nothing - his contract is up at the end of the season - but that would be very tough to do. At the end of the day, if he's sitting in the treatment room then I can do something a lot more useful with his wages, but I'm just not sure. Advice would be much appreciated!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    Especially this guy looks very promising Andy Henry Born just down the street at Kingston upon thames
    he does look good for his age, bet you wish you could swap his long throws and corners for heading and marking though

Amateur

I can't get the .DDT to work for me. I think I have patch 10.2 installed, Steam did an update at least. However, I have no 1020 folder to which some of you guys have referred to. I'm probably missing something blindingly obvious, but need some assistance.

EDIT: Scratch that, found it in the updates folder. As suspected, blindingly obvious.
    Last edited by Reloaded; 19-12-2009 at 13:49.

Amateur

Went back to my Cambridge save since I got tired of reloading for North Ferriby, going to do it during the games today I think.

Since its sort of a throw away game at this point, I went out and spent $123mil on a new DM, who is the best player my scouts can find after two years of scouting so he is probably the best player in the game at this point, safe to say first game he goes down with a injury for 4 weeks, then leaves for a international friendly, you know what happens next.

But hes on the field now and playing well, just won the the first champions league game 7-2, always a good sign.

Defending has really ramped up in the new patch and watching the game everything looks a lot better seen some really cool animation sequences, one of my DCs did a diving header, player on the other team took it off his knee and did a one touch through pass that almost scored, looked very cool and fluid.

Not normal in my eyes, but curious what you guys think of it.

I am in year 2014 (september), and in the Coca-Cola Championship... Am doing quite ok, but just played Sheffield United and lost 4-0. Not really suprising atm but while playing them I saw some names in their team, and that is just sick for a Championship team lol!

Cahill, Craig Gardner, N'Gog, Crouch, Gunning, etc,.. pff

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2023/24

With the taste of Champions League football last season, this season was all about improving our league position to qualify once again.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Despite the poor start, we gradually climbed our way to the top of the table, although it didn't last long as Liverpool caught up with their games in hand. Liverpool were run away winners but we did well to qualify for the Champions League for the second time.

Community Shield - not a bad debut in this competition.

FA Cup - after beating Liverpool on penalties I thought our name was on the cup but Arsenal dashed our dreams of retaining the cup.

Carling Cup - I fielded a weak team who lost to the Championship opposition.

UEFA Europa League - we blew our chance to top the group by losing our last game. We had a thriller against Bayern but blew our chances with an awful second leg display against Espanyol.

Transfers - I spent big once again with the intent on making the Champions League. Englemann was a good signing but Fletcher was a waste of money.

Squad - I think the squad is now good enough to compete at the top so to save my finances I will start to hold back a bit in the transfer market.

Key Player Profiles:

Sebastian Engelmann - the big money signing had a great first season as a slight change in my tactics helped him to score plenty of goals.

Juan José Reina - another new signing who had a good season.

Anderson - my second striker did well.

Alex Eldridge - despite the signing of Reina, he just about held his place on the wing.

Chris Blackmore - it is only a matter of time before he makes a major impact, I'm thinking of giving him a bigger role next season.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    Next Season

I need to get my finances sorted in order to try and expand my stadium so I think I will be trying again with teh same squad. Champions League qualification is the aim yet again but it would be nice to mount a serious title challenge.

World Cup Winner

I may have found the 'next Alan Shearer'

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I may have found the 'next Alan Shearer'
    I was thinking "yeah he looks alright" then noticed he's 16

He come through the youth system or did you buy him?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I was thinking "yeah he looks alright" then noticed he's 16

He come through the youth system or did you buy him?
    He's only just turned 16 as well

I signed him, amazingly Arsenal let him go for just £6m.

Youth Team

He's only just turned 16 as well

I signed him, amazingly Arsenal let him go for just £6m.
    Don't want to tempt fate, but could he be the new Danny Roberts...?

Amateur

For those of you who were after my saves, they're all gone, forgot to back them up while dealing with the mother of all problems.

Incidentally, can any of you help me out? http://community.sigames.com/showpos...postcount=1271

The short story is - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...b/102patch.jpg

Amateur

So after reloading for a couple hours just now I have finally been gifted North Ferriby....I don't even want to guess the number or reloads it took.

Going to try and finish my first season tonight.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover View Post
    The game actually calls it a 4-2-4 formation. I don't normally like to give out tactical info because the last time I did SI got wind and suddenly my tactics were useless.

In basic terms my MC's are very defensive (both of them). In conjunction with my DC's they form a very effective box, a bit like the passive box in ice hockey. Meanwhile the other six players pile forward at every opportunity. Quite often my wingers beat their full back and when they cross the ball there is at least 3 guys in the centre clear through to tap in the cross. Hence the large number of assists my wingers get.

Its not perfect. 1st game of new season sees us lose the Community Shield 2-1 to Manchester United.
    Thanks for the brief explanation of your tactic SMSL

Would you be willing to answer a few more questions about it if I sent you a PM? I'm trying to get the hang of the lower leagues and I usually like to play with very minimal tweaking to tactics, usually none at all. And from the looks of it, it seems you've found a very effective formula for this type of approach.

Amateur

Part-timer

Radicell can you explain how you use tinypic and how you make the picture with writing. For example "I literally jumped out of my seat"

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Terras-FM View Post
    Radicell can you explain how you use tinypic and how you make the picture with writing. For example "I literally jumped out of my seat"
    Sure man. Simply go to http://tinypic.com, find your image and upload it. Then, you'll be taken to a page with a bunch of links; select what's under "Direct Link for Layouts", and copy it. Then, in the message box of this forum, click the hyperlink button ("Insert Link"), paste the URL to the image, click OK. Then you'll be able to enter whatever text you want to enter.

Amateur

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2010/2011

Newcomers to the Football Conference, Dartford have only made a slight impact this year and float around in the mid-table waters of the Blue Square South.

League: 9th (view)
    FA Cup: 3rd Qual. Round
    FA Trophy: Second Round

Squad

An average season, but better than what the media predicted. Jeet Padaruth was a quality player for us, a reliable centre-back who could score more than a few goals. I also brought in loans from higher-up clubs to get us through the slow start we had.

For the rest of the season, we drifted around mid-table, with some worthless defeats accompanying some truly emphatic victories. In the end, we managed to climb up to 9th on the final day. Merthyr won the BSS, with Bromley winning the playoffs. Truro, Canvey Island, and St. Albans were relegated. Meanwhile, Eastleigh, Newport Co, as well as Dorchester, Tooting & Mitcham, and Boreham Wood join us for next year's BSS. The goal for next year? Challenge for a playoff place.

Amateur

Going to finally start this, holidaying now, don't care who I get, would prefer someone who's never been in the BSP though, or at least recently.

Amateur

10.2 is kicking my ass, having a real hard time getting any sort of attack going and I can't stop giving away penalties.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Cerneo View Post
    10.2 is kicking my ass, having a real hard time getting any sort of attack going and I can't stop giving away penalties.
    i would hesitate to say its your tactics or players, but i have not noticed any difference as i gave away loads of penalties on 10.1. in fact i have tightened up a bit although that could be down to better players.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    he does look good for his age, bet you wish you could swap his long throws and corners for heading and marking though
    Hehe that wouldnt be bad

Dafuge your guy looks amazing.. keep us updated on how he develops please

Amateur

Finished holidaying, Truro came up, decided to take the easy Nuneaton route though, should be fun!

Amateur

For those who are interested, I've just got Truro on the new patch. Let me know if anyone needs an upload.

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2022/23

----------------

Predicted: 12th
    Finished: 16th

League Table

League Table Graph

A disappointing season and largely my fault admittedly. I put alot of faith in the young guns I took in and in the end it was too much for them. That said I am convinced we underachieved regardless of the performances largely being down to youth and inexperience at the back.

I am happy to bide my time and watch these kids become top footballers.
    -----------------

Lookies

Transfers A few ins and outs with millions being sent and received.

Club Info Only realised that I'm not on the favoured personal list..bit weird to me given how I've transformed the club. Whatever. They can say sorry when I win the Premiership in a couple of years.

Squad Looking fine for the future I think. Will just a need a couple of signings this summer to solidify a couple of problem areas.

Finances Happy enough, will continue to build. Bit hard to judge also due to us constantly expanding the stadium by a couple thousand seats every year.

------------------------------------
    Cups

Carling Cup Never a great Cup for me.

FA Cup Went far enough but went out to Man City (who had thrashed us 7-1 the previous week.)

Europa League Was nice to feel like a European contending side but if anything it distracted us and didn't really have any reward.
    Key Players

Guto The star striker wasn't as prolific as last season as he suffered from team performances being down. 28 goals isn't a bad total though.

Leozao Good wee player behind Guto, always technically sound.

Youth

I have a couple of wonderkids I must show you..

Rik De Jong Young Dutch full back which was one the few of the young ones brought in that didn't look out of his depth.

Daniel Rau German midfielder which my assman is convinced will become a top, top player. On that basis I don't mind the £7million fee that got him here.
    Career Overview

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    Next Season

Obviously we must improve and we WILL improve. Will sign a couple of good premiership players and let the team grow. All is not as bad as it seems.

Amateur

Same I stopped counting at 200 last night, rarest team I got so far is Hastings, if I don't get Ferriby by tomorrow I guess I will go with them.

I wanted a lower rep/facility side to make it harder this time around.
    Did you happen to save that Hastings game? I've been trying to get them and can't.

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2024/25

We've established ourselves as a side capable of challenging at the top, but we lack the real quality needed to mount a serious title challenge.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

A disappointing season where we deteriorated throughout the season. We managed to qualify for the Europa League but missing out on the Champions League was a massive blow.

FA Cup - I fielded a weak team in every round and we got a lot further than I was expecting.

Carling Cup - again, the reserves nearly pulled off a great result.

UEFA Champions League - despite our poor league form we were superb in Europe. We strolled through the group stage and then blasted our way through the knockout stages with a series of high scoring games. The final was horrible, just as we thought we were back in it we lost out to a late goal. This now extends our record to losing finals in five different competitions.

Transfers - with the finances at the club a worry, I needed to make a profit this transfer window. Neils Kimoni was looking like a quality player so I accepted a £27.5m bid for our captain Aries de Vries. In a strange turn of events, he rejected a move to Man Utd then my chairman accepted a £10m bid for Kimoni.

Squad - this is a good squad but we still lack real strength in depth. I may need to blow the finances once again to bring in a couple of quality players for next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Sebastian Engelmann - the top scorer from last season did it once again.

Raí - a big improvement on last season.

David Bateman - this was a really exciting signing and he did well for a 16 year old. I'm hoping he can become a 30 goal a season striker in the next couple of years.

Chris Blackmore - I sold Marc Ward to give him a chance and he's looking good.

Paulo - he didn't have the best of seasons but he is still rated as my bext player by my coaching staff. Still one for the future.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    Next Season

Once again, we need to find our way back into the Champions League. The finances are looking good now so I'm hoping the board will invest in a stadium expansion but with rumours of another takeover on the horizon I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen.

Youth Team

Good season dafuge

Finding it hard to get into Gundo's challenge, so am going to play on with my Merthyr save for a while. We're currently top of the table, 3 wins from 3 in the Champions League, and in the 4th Round of the League Cup

Semi Pro

I just made the biggest transfer profit I've ever made.
    Last season I signed a left back from Middlesborough for £95k and a season later I sold him to a French side for £4M and 'Boro didn't have a sell on clause

He was only 2 and a half star rated and I have an England U19's left back and Joe Dudgeon ahead of him in the pecking order.

World Cup Winner

Right, opinions are needed here. Do you think a player needs to have good physical attributes to make it at the top level?

Normally I wouldn't even think twice in this situation as I love my players to be good physically but I've come across a player who I think it might be worth taking a chance on. His physical attributes are not up to scratch but his technical and mental attributes are insane for his age.

Here he is

He's already described as a wonderkid and my scouts rate him very highly.

What do you think?
    Last edited by dafuge; 20-12-2009 at 22:29.

Amateur

I just don't see a striker with 7 pace getting much done at the highest levels.

World Cup Winner

I just don't see a striker with 7 pace getting much done at the highest levels.
    Not even in a role playing off the main striker?

Amateur

Not even in a role playing off the main striker?
    I think the fact that he is fairly two footed and has good stamina should settle it. I would go for him, I mean he is only 19 so he should improve a nice bit.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Beware View Post
    I think the fact that he is fairly two footed and has good stamina should settle it. I would go for him, I mean he is only 19 so he should improve a nice bit.
    I've already signed him. He had a minimum release clause fee of £9.75m so I thought it was worth the gamble.

Right, opinions are needed here. Do you think a player needs to have good physical attributes to make it at the top level?

Normally I wouldn't even think twice in this situation as I love my players to be good physically but I've come across a player who I think it might be worth taking a chance on. His physical attributes are not up to scratch but his technical and mental attributes are insane for his age.

Here he is

What do you think?
    He should be a deadly Target Man, he's only young so you may be able to get his Aerobic attributes to go up a bit.

This is annoying the Bulgarian Striker who I have on loan for 3 months and has 11 goals in 9 games is transfer listed by Birmingham, who are willing to let him go for free, but everytime I offer him a contract he changes his demands to between £2.5K p/w and £3.6K p/w when the max. I can offer is £2.2K p/w

EDIT: Finally got him, had to bribe him with a £10K signing on fee in the end, but hopefully he'll continue the knock the goals in...

EDIT 2: He scores on his second debut, but gets himself injured in the process and is now out for 4 weeks
    Last edited by michaeltmurrayuk; 21-12-2009 at 01:49.

Amateur

EDIT 2: He scores on his second debut, but gets himself injured in the process and is now out for 4 weeks
    I think this is hard coded into FM at this point.

Part-Timer

Right thanks to Cerneo kindly uploading his save game i am now able to start this challenge. (i will post up manager profile and picture tomorrow)

Due to it taking me so long to get to this point i didn't even bother with the reloading to get a team liked. I have decided to take over at Sutton United. I have pretty much released all the original players and brought in a ton of youth released by clubs (mainly Rangers and Celtic). I have decided to go for youhyt and see how that goes i think my oldest players is about 28 with the majority being 17/18/19 YO's.

after 7 starts in the league i have 0 wins, 5 draws and 2 losses. I am not too disheartend by these results a s i am usually playing pretty well and it is basiclly a new team who still have to nget used to each other. The main aim is to avoid relegation this year.

Semi Pro

Here he is

What do you think?
    It's always worth the risk, I've signed a 3 or 4 high potential players with fairly weak physical attributes in the hopes that putting them on a special training schedule will help them improve.

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

CAMBRIDGE CITY - PREMIER LEAGUE - 2016/17 (SEASON 7)

Media Prediction - The media are beginning to have a little bit more faith in us and predicted a finish of 5th!

League - By the middle of the season it was a two horse race between us and Chelsea. Usually I am clear by half way however the Chelsea boys did put us under some pressure. In the second half of the season they fell away though and we retained our title. Some interesting results included...

Cambridge City 6-0 Liverpool
    Cambridge City 8-0 Sheffield United (In yer face Cleon )

A big disappointment this season however, was discipline. Over recent seasons it has become more and more of a pain. Including getting THREE SENT OFF away to Manchester City.

Once again some of our players excelled in the end of season Premier League stats.

Champions' League - Our first adventure at this level saw us drawn in a tough group that included Valencia and the team we beat in last season's Europa Final Inter Milan. Thankfully after game 4 we had qualified and in an attempt to lessen the fitness burden on our players toward the end of the season we played the reserves for the final 2 group games. In a tough Quarter Final we were drawn against rivals Chelsea. We went 2-0 up in the 1st leg at the Zola Arena but Chelsea manage an equaliser by the 92nd minute. The 2nd leg however was a different story and has to be one of the best performances in FM by a team of mine. The best XI featured no less than FIVE Cambridge City players.

FA Cup - Not many problems here apart from the Final v Arsenal where we trailed 1-0 for quite a while before dominating toward the end and ending up convincing winners. The 1st time in our history that we had lifted this historic trophy.

League Cup - For the 2nd successive season we made it to the Final however this time we fell to Manchester United (not for the 1st time this season) on penalties.

European Super Cup - Our 1st time in this event saw us face surprise Champions' League winners Benfica. With fitness not a problem at this stage of the season the lads absolutely dominated and Benfica were lucky to come away from Monaco with just a 1-0 loss.

Community Shield - Sadly a sign of things to come for the rest of the season. We dominated the game but got beat by Manchester United thanks mainly to central midfielder Billy Clifford being sent off.

Transfers - With a need to keep my awful youngsters who have come through our ranks from the youth system just to be able to name a squad I did not release any players this season. As far as the first team goes though we spent big. Amine Ziad was definitley my best purchase of the season. The youngster cost us a massive £13m but now not only plays on the right wing for Cambridge City but also is now a full French international. £12m was spent on Italian centre back Federico Bernado from Roma who also now has made it as a full international. £9.75m got me right back David Gonzalez from Atletico Madrid whilst our Spanish contingent increased with the £9m paid to Valladolid to secure left back Sergio Pavon. All these youngsters made their international debuts whilst playing for us but yet none of them thanked ME! (Ungrateful inbreds ).

SQUAD - The addition of these four youngsters and that of Charles N'Zogbia who was a transfer listed bargain at just £3.6m from Arsenal finally brought us up to decent squad that could easily replace any injury or suspension problems. Meanwhile Marc Spellman continues his goalscoring feats. However FM is a bit silly at times. Spellman notched 60 goals in 60 games this seasons, won Europe's golden boot, was voted the Champions' League's best player and top scorer etc and yet despite being only 24 years old still only has national reputation AND has not even been added to an England squad yet. And as to why NONE of the big clubs in the World are the slightest bit interested in him beats me!!! (Still using 10.1 by the way as I will only upgrade when I start a new game). More scouts have been added to our team but its now getting difficult to find real quality.

There are a couple of newgens I'd like to add but I refuse to pay £30m for a Manchester United reserve!

I would show our best xi and overall xi but it appears to broken at the moment with silly players from the reserves making it into our starting XI.

Finances - As requested heres the state of our healthy finances. Healthy but could be so much better if it wasn't for those pescy shareholders, an expansion of 5,400 seats to make our stadium capacity just under 19,000 as well as youth and training upgrades.

Code:
    Season   League                Position    Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11  Blue Square North     1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, FA Trophy Winners
    2011/12  Blue Square Premier   1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 4th Round, FA Trophy Winners
    2012/13  League Two            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 2nd Round, 
             Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2013/14  League One            1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup 5th Round, League Cup 3rd Round, 
             Johnstone's Paint Trophy 2nd Round
    2014/15  Championship          1st         Champions, Promoted, FA Cup Finalists, League Cup 4th Round, 
             Europa League Qualification
    2015/16  Premier League        1st         Champions, Europa League Winners, FA Cup semi-finalists, 
             League Cup Winners
    2016/17  Premier League        1st         Champions, Champions' League Winners, FA Cup Winners, 
             League Cup Finalists, European Super Cup Winners, Community Shield Runners-UP
    ***Challenge Completed***
    Last edited by Stephanie McMahon\'s Secret Lover; 21-12-2009 at 09:26.

Amateur

Has anyone tried starting the challenge with the new patch? I keep getting four teams from the Southern League and none from the Northern League. Anyone else having the same problem?

Amateur

A closer inspection has revealed that the number of teams promoted from each division is changing each time, it tends to be weighted toward the southern teams because of slightly higher reputations. This is getting really annoying

Amateur

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2011/2012

After a grueling season of floating around the playoff positions, Dartford clinch 5th place and strike their way into the Blue Square Premier with magnificent performances in the playoffs.

League: 5th (view)
    FA Cup: First Round
    FA Trophy: Second Round

Squad

We aimed to achieve a playoff position this year, and for the entire season, we were in the running for one. A couple of draws and losses against weaker teams saw us slip to 10th for a while, but we regained footing with narrow victories over our playoff rivals (Weston-super-Mare, Salisbury, Hayes & Yeading). However, a heavy defeat against then-leaders Newport County saw us drop back to the 7th/8th region.

Towards the end of the season, our players put in some truly impressive performances. We beat playoff rivals Hayes & Yeading to nab 5th spot, and solidified our playoff position with a 1-0 win against league leaders Chelmsford. On the final day, we played 4th-spot Salisbury. A 0-0 draw was followed by celebrations of entering the playoffs, due to 6th-placed Bath and 7th-place Hayes & Yeading both crashing to defeat.

We narrowly edged Bishop's Stortford 3-2 in the playoff semifinals, with a last-minute strike from my on-loan striker sealing the tie. We then proceeded to defeat Newport County (to whom we lost both league encounters) away from home, with a tight 1-0 scoreline. Blue Square Premier, here we come!

For next season, my goals are clear: avoid relegation from the BSP. This will prove difficult, since the BSP has no less than 4 relegation spots.

World Cup Winner

Ouch, they must have had lots of injuries or something :P

Youth Team

His stamina, combined with high work-rate should mean he still gets around the pitch enough even with low acceleration/pace - so this doesn't surprise me

Congrats SMSL, has to be the most impressive challenge completion I've ever seen, truly astounding!

As for me, well, in the words of Churchill - ooooooooh yes!

Part-Timer

Just got my first job offer, for Mansfield in the BSP. They wanted me to take a pay-cut, so I told them to sod off

World Cup Winner

His stamina, combined with high work-rate should mean he still gets around the pitch enough even with low acceleration/pace - so this doesn't surprise me
    He's doing well and scoring quite a few goals. He's useless when put clean through on goal but he is great from crosses and his movement around the box is good meaning he's picking up a lot of rebounds.

Part-Timer

This is a joke, gone from 1st place to slipping out of the playoff places. My strikers have just forgotten how to score... every time they get a run on goal they hit it straight at the keeper.

Steam stealth-patching to blame?

Youth Team

He's doing well and scoring quite a few goals. He's useless when put clean through on goal but he is great from crosses and his movement around the box is good meaning he's picking up a lot of rebounds.
    Sounds good - I'd imagine he would be quite useful against the teams that sit back with 10 behind the ball, as pace in behind isn't much use if there's no space. How is he against the better sides?

World Cup Winner

Sounds good - I'd imagine he would be quite useful against the teams that sit back with 10 behind the ball, as pace in behind isn't much use if there's no space. How is he against the better sides?
    He's scored six in six so far, but they were all against weak(ish) opposition. The next run of games should tell me a bit more as I face four of the top five in a row

Youth Team

He's scored six in six so far, but they were all against weak(ish) opposition. The next run of games should tell me a bit more as I face four of the top five in a row
    Ouch! Crunch time then

What role are you using him in? I'd probably go for deep lying forward in a support role, but he also looks like he'd be quite useful as a defensive forward.

So with 10 games left to play Nantwich will be playing League One football at least next season, rather more surprising is that we are currently 4th in the League 10pts within the playoffs and just 5pts of the top of the table, though with Norwich, Leeds and Notts County being the three times ahead of me in the league the chances are we'll run out of steam before they do.

Youth Team

Can't believe we used to lose to these clowns

Amateur

with the 10.2 database would i be correct in saying that Truro's rep has almost doubled to 1250?

World Cup Winner

Ouch! Crunch time then

What role are you using him in? I'd probably go for deep lying forward in a support role, but he also looks like he'd be quite useful as a defensive forward.
    I'm using him as a trequartista as he seems to be pretty good at roaming around and finding space. Goals have dried up now though

I think this is hard coded into FM at this point.
    He's just grabbed two more goals on his return from injury to give him 3 goals in 2 games (or 14 goals in 12 games if you include the loan games)

Part-Timer

I just spent for me a record fee of 4.5 million on a turkish 17yo striker who had prem potential and was at championship standard already. After getting a wp on appeal, instead of him coming now (its 20 aug) he is coming on 1st jan
    Anyone know why, its really irritating as i need some decent backup strikers.

Amateur

Tomc990
    Guiseley Season 4
    League- Blue Square Prem
    Media Prediction- 20th
    My Finish- 18th

Manager's Comment: Not a great season with us finishing in a worse position than last season when i hoped to be pushing towards the playoffs- finances are shocking and the team don't appear good enough so improvement will be tough.

Screenshots:

League - As you can see not too great

FA Cup- We were knocked out in our 1st game to a better team

Fa trophy- Knocked out in the 4th round - a decent run- unfortunately to a team in a lower division to us.

We didn't feature in any awards or end of season team stats or player stats- so no screenshots for them.

Squad 1- VALUE

Squad 2 SELECTION

Squad 3 ASSISTANT REPORT

Key Players:

Herd Excellent Rb for me

Burns great cm/amc

Ward Reliable Cb

Finances- worse than ever

Transfers Lots of free deals in and out.

Next Season: Finances and team needs addressing as a matter of urgency. I plan to overhaul my squad to attempt to push myself towards promotion and the green finances

Thanks Tom (tomc990)

Def. not ready for Premier League yet... just lost 4-1 vs Wolves in the 3rd of the FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    I just spent for me a record fee of 4.5 million on a turkish 17yo striker who had prem potential and was at championship standard already. After getting a wp on appeal, instead of him coming now (its 20 aug) he is coming on 1st jan
    Anyone know why, its really irritating as i need some decent backup strikers.
    Turkey are outside the EU, FIFA rules state players can only move after they turn 18, unless it's from an EU club to another EU club.

Must say I find the challenge getting thougher haha! I promoted in a row to the Championship, but being in januari atm, I can say that I am having a real hard job on winning my games... Pff!

Finally my tactical skill is getting tested

A 2-1 victory over Notts County thanks to a 90th minute screamer from my right back draws us level with 3rd placed Notts County and leaves us just 2pts behind leaders Leeds with 7 games to go.

Nice michaeltmurrayuk!

You will be playing Leeds in those 7 games?

A 2-1 victory over Notts County thanks to a 90th minute screamer from my right back draws us level with 3rd placed Notts County and leaves us just 2pts behind leaders Leeds with 7 games to go.
    Losing to an offside goal and being outplayed by bottom club Plymouth doesn't help our chances
    Last edited by michaeltmurrayuk; 21-12-2009 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Nice michaeltmurrayuk!

You will be playing Leeds in those 7 games?
    Yep and I've just beat them 3-1 to do the double over them as Sam Allardyce's attempt at mind-games utterly failed

With 5 games left I'm still fourth, with Leeds third on 79pts like us, Norwich are second with 81pts and Notts County are now top with 82pts. Having the worst goal difference is a slight worry at the moment.

Rather worrying 4 of our 5 remaining games are against bottom half teams who we tend to struggle against.

Part-Timer

Boston United 2020/21 Season - Premiership

League Table - http://img97.imageshack.us/i/fmtable.jpg/

Yippee. Great season from start to finish really. My signings really filled out the squad, and I always felt we had enough to win the league, which we did . Everton's dominance of the top flight is over, after 5 years. The table makes it look a lot closer than it was, truth be told, we lost our last 3 games but still won it.

FA Cup - In the final, update later.
    EDIT - Lost to 'pool

League Cup - http://img97.imageshack.us/i/fmleaguecup.jpg/ Standard. Finally broke my semi final curse in this competition, Fulham had a great run mind, beating all the top 4.

Champions League - http://img709.imageshack.us/i/fmchamps.jpg/ My happiest FM moment ever. We outplayed them really. They never looked like breaking through and I shut up shop after half time. Wonderful Victory

Transfers - http://img709.imageshack.us/i/fmtransfers.jpg/
    Well, Barlow and Snijders are probably my best ever FM buys. Both massively consistant defenders, averaging well above 7 and being the main reason we conceded the fewest goals in the league this season. Clancey was a superb buy, the top assister in the Prem this season, and versatile to boot.

Code:
    Code:
    2010/11   Blue Square North        8th         
    2011/12   Blue Square North        2nd        Promoted via playoffs
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      15th        
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier      5th        Promoted via playoffs
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       16th         
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 2       1st        Promoted as champions
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League 1       1st        Promoted as champions
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th        Promoted via playoffs
    2018/19   Barclays Premier League  6th        League Cup semis
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  3rd        Qualified for Champions League, FA Cup winners
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  1st        League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, FA Cup runners up.

Challenge complete!

Now with three games left, I'm still 4th and still three points behind Notts County, though us and Leeds are now level on points with Norwich, so it's getting a little close now, and to make things a little more interesting Notts County still have to play Norwich, whilst Leeds face Norwich on the final day.

Youth Team

Congrats Will!

Sounds like a tense end of the season michael, hope you can come through it on top!

Edit: Should probably say something about how I'm doing... stormed the CL group with 6 wins from 6, including a 7-2 aggregate scoreline over Barca, second in the league 3 points behind Man City with 2 games in hand, won the Club World Championship, in the League Cup semi-final with a 2-0 first leg lead over a poor Leeds side, and in the 4th round of the FA Cup away to Championship side West Brom FA Cup is the one I really want this season - the only top-level trophy I've yet to win.

And with two games left all four of us are now on 88pts after Norwich beat Notts County and us and Leeds both won, Goal Difference wise Notts County have +46, Norwich +44, Leeds +42 and we are +40.

EDIT: And I've just lost my on fire left winger for 3 weeks/rest of the season
    Last edited by michaeltmurrayuk; 21-12-2009 at 20:06.

Part-Timer

Turkey are outside the EU, FIFA rules state players can only move after they turn 18, unless it's from an EU club to another EU club.
    yes of course that would be right as he is 18 in sep.
    i must have missed the ass man telling me that when i offered a contract.

In game 45 we snatch a hard fought 1-0 win away to Rochdale, whilst Notts County can only draw to Rotherham, Norwich have to come back from behind to claim a 2-2 draw at home to Plymouth, whilst Leeds come from behind to grab a 1-1 draw away to Stockport - that means we go top of the league by two points and our promotion hopes are now in our own hands, and with Norwich facing Leeds in the final game I need to hope they draw or I need to equal Notts Countys result to go up, of course I could just win my match aswell.

So at half-time it's:

Nantwich 0-0 Northampton
    Leeds 1-3 Norwich
    Notts County 0-0 Oxford

Which means at the moment us and Norwich are going up, though if Notts County score or we conceed Norwich and Notts County will go up.

---

At 60mins it's:

Nantwich 1-0 Northampton
    Notts County 0-1 Oxford
    Leeds 1-3 Norwich

At 91mins (3mins of injury time left) it's:

Nantwich 2-0 Northampton
    Notts County 0-1 Oxford
    Leeds 2-3 Norwich

FT:

Nantwich 2-0 Northampton
    Notts County 0-1 Oxford
    Leeds 2-3 Norwich

Champions!!!
    Last edited by michaeltmurrayuk; 21-12-2009 at 21:00.

World Cup Winner

Finally my chairman has decided to listen to offers, which is much needed considering the debt I've put the club into. Hopefully a new chairman can invest in the club as we are £23m in debt

Amateur

:O my team seem to have made a positive start to the season with 3 wins out of 4 in our 3rd season in the bsp with my striker scoring 8 goals in the 1st 4 games :|

Could this be the year we escape the BSP- i certainly hope so

Finally my chairman has decided to listen to offers, which is much needed considering the debt I've put the club into. Hopefully a new chairman can invest in the club as we are £23m in debt
    And I thought the £500K I was in the red was bad

Anyone know how much money you get for being in the Championship because my £15K p/w wage budget is currently crippling me, and I've got a feeling I'm going to need a lot more than that to survive in the Championship...

World Cup Winner

And I thought the £500K I was in the red was bad

Anyone know how much money you get for being in the Championship because my £15K p/w wage budget is currently crippling me, and I've got a feeling I'm going to need a lot more than that to survive in the Championship...
    The parachute payment windfalls are usually quite good when you are in the Championship, I'm sure I picked up around £300k a season through them alone.

£25.5m in debt now, yet my chairman allows me to turn down a bid of £27m for my left back

Part-Timer

Kieron Dyer has just been made Huddersfield manager on my game. Can't see it myself.

It's his first job too.

The parachute payment windfalls are usually quite good when you are in the Championship, I'm sure I picked up around £300k a season through them alone.

£25.5m in debt now, yet my chairman allows me to turn down a bid of £27m for my left back
    Yep I've just picked up £1.6m due to apparently four teams gaining promotion to the Premiership this season - I'm assuming this payments normaly last for more than one season as Bolton survived in the premiership last season after going up the season before.

Though the board have given me a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget £1K p/w under what I'm currently spending to survive in the Championship, which leaves me with 15 senior players in the Championship

Also at the season update most of my players star ratings have gone up?

Nantwich Town – League One 2016/17 – Season 7

So after finally clinching promotion from League Two last season the goal this season was to not go straight back down.

The board hoped we'd fight bravely against relegation, whilst the bookies gave us exactly the same odds of survival as they did in League Two 40-1 is as low as they appear willing to go, whilst the media expected us to finish rock bottom.

Any hopes I had of competing were quickly ended when it appeared no one was interested in signing for me, instead I had to take advantage of the loan system - bring in 20 players on loan - I basically loaned in anyone who was rated at 2.5 stars or above after I found out that the match day squad loan rules only apply to domestic loans so I was free to field a squad of French loanees if need be.

And with the money still draining out of the club I was forced to sell anyone who wasn't playing so Centre-backs Kirk and Ayala were both sold after they tried to hold me to ransom with wage demands, whilst youngster Harris and Vennegoor were both sold on as they couldn't get any games.

The league didn't get off to the best of starts as I tried to work out what my best side was, injuries to key players wasn't helping either.

However with a third of the season gone my team finally gelled together and we started to climb the table destroying teams in the process - we smashed Leeds 4-2 at Elland Road with Bulgarian Striker Vladislav Dimitrov opening the scoring 26 seconds into his debut - a new Nantwich record, and he appeared to be the final part of the jigsaw as he smashed in 11 goals in 10 loan appearances before I signed him permently from Birmingham and he promptly got injured.

Injuries proved to be another problem my players were dropping like flies which resulted in me having to change formations to fit my fit players in - with next to no Strikers I was forced to switch to a 4-5-1 formation which shored us up at the back but wasn't very deadly at the other end, though the game then took out my wingers and I was forced to deploy a narrow 4-1-3-2 formation that proved to be very effective defensively and for the rest of the season I would switch between 4-1-3-2 and 4-4-2, switching the Strategies between Defensive, Standard and Control.

I actually found once we'd found some form that a Rigid Control Strategy proved very effective - we defended in numbers and counter-attacked at speed, upgrading to patch 10.2 may also have helped as my players dived into tackles and threw themselves at the ball more often, though my tactics did result in some tired and injury prone players.

With not much to work from player wise I was forced to pay a little more attention to the tactics and we managed to start grinding out league wins that saw us climb the table and come Easter time we found ourselves on the tails on the leading pack, with a 2-1 victory over Notts County putting us 2pts behind leaders Leeds with 7 games left.

Our promotion hopes then suffered a knock as we lost 3-2 to bottom side Plymouth, thanks to an off-side goal.

Though for a change we kept our heads as we beat Leeds 3-1 to do the double of them and draw us level in 4th place, though Notts County were now top three pts ahead of us.

With two hard fought victories over Palace and Tranmere we drew ourselves level with Norwich (and Leeds) with three games left, with County still three points clear at the top, though things were about to get interesting as Notts County faced Norwich next and Norwich had to face Leeds on the final day.

In our next game we smashed Southend 4-1 whilst Norwich beat Notts County, meaning with two games left all four of us were on 88pts.

In the second to last game we managed to snatch a 1-0 win away to Rochdale whilst Notts County, Leeds and Norwich all drew meaning promotion and the title were now in our hands.

In our final game we would entertain a Northampton side who smashed us 4-1 earlier in the season, a victory would ensure we went up as Champions whilst a draw or defeat would leave us hoping results elsewhere went our way, it appeared to be to much for some of our fans to take as this was our first home game for 4 games where it wasn't sold out, but they needn't have worried as we claimed a 2-0 win and Notts County lost anyway so we'd somehow clinched the League One title much to the surprise of the board and fans.

Final Table - To make things even sweeter both Leeds and Notts County faltered in the Playoffs at the first round as Barnsley claimed promotion.

POS Graph shows we pretty much came out of nowhere to win the title.

Overview - despite our good league performance we had a mixted time in the cups; in the Carling Cup we beat Carlisle on pens before Everton smashed us 5-0 at Goodison which at least brough some money in.
    In the Paint Trophy we lost the North Quarter Final 2-0 to Carlisle after beating Accrington and Crewe.
    In the FA Cup we reached the Third Round beating Whitby and Oldham before Southampton knocked us out, though with it being a home tie we made next to no money.

Squad - I went through quite a few players this season with my Keeper the only one to play in more than 80% of my games.

In Goal Grant Adam continued were he had a solid season and either kept a clean sheet or conceeded two goals. I still haven't managed to find a better Keeper, whilst my 1.5 star rated backup Keeper has demanded to be first choice, on the plus side the game finaly gave me a youth Keeper though with 0.5 stars PA not that great.

In defence Yanis Lacombe and Eamonn Mooney started the season off as my first choice full-backs but despite them both playing well they both got injured and then failed to displace two of my loanee full backs; Daniel James and Ross McQuade.

In the centre of defence Yanis Abbes and Moussa Toungara continued their fine partnership with loanee Franck Richard rotating in when either went out of form.

In midfield the Right Wing proved to be a problem position David Byrne disappeared to often, though changing his role from Winger to Wide Midfielder improved his performances, competing with him was Belgian Max Ortmann who started well but was rather injury prone.

We faired better on the left wing were Joao Oliveira proved to be a fantastic signing and left Stephen Brogan struggling to get into the side.

The centre of midfield is by far our strongest position with youngster Matthew Whyte developing immensly over the last few seasons as he kept Sam Togwell out of the side with Togwell appearing to get a little jealous as he stated he couldn't work with Whyte.
    Partnering them in midfield was Magnus Eikrem who was in good form yet again this time breaking his and the clubs assists record, providing cover was Anton Vandenabeele who returned on loan for a second season.

Upfront saw a couple of changes Vincent Acapandie was promoted to first choice after a fine season last season and he continued his good form grabbing about one goal every two games, partnering him at the start was Sean Fitzharris however he didn't make the best of starts and after he got injured he never reclaimed his position.

With Acapandie switching over to the Poacher role Stephen Keane stepped up as the Target Man and had a good season until injury forced him out and in came Bulgarain Striker Vladislav Dimitrov on a three month loan where it took him 26 seconds to make an impression scoring twice on his debut against Leeds before finishing with 11 goals in 10 loan appearances and with Birmingham willing to sell him for free I snapped him whilst he declared me as his idol it did take a £10K signing on fee to get him to sign, however this proved to be a bargain as he grabbed a further 10 goals in 11 games to propel us to the title. Providing further cover was Benin Striker Bachirou Agbessi.

A rather interesting thing happened in November as we made a near clean sweep of the awards I won Manager of the Month, Dimitrov won player of the month with Acapandie and Richard second and third, whilst James and Richard came second and third in young player of the month.

Confidence goes back up to Untouchable.

Finances - not good as we pay out £300K in squad bonuses.

Best XI - correct apart from the fact that Dimitrov's loan appearances have disappeared.

Overall XI - see's James, McQuade, Richard, Oliveira and Dimitrov all added, looks like the league they played in is still the most important attribute.

And finally rather surprisingly the board have announced the construction of Nantwich Stadium, a capacity of 14,079 isn't that great but hopefully that one will have some expansion room.

So the Championship should be fun I have no players and no money...

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
    2012/13        League Two                8th
    2013/14        League Two                11th
    2014/15        League Two                15th
    2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
    2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions

Well this is weird my players are wanting new contracts on less money? It seems the clubs reputation has increased to a level where players no longer try and hold me to ransom to keep them.

Whilst my board appears to be mocking me - I can now scout the rest of Europe but the board won't give me any wages to sign anyone, they have also set up Sampdoria as my Parent club without bothering to get any money of them or for the moment loan me any players.

Amateur

haha, your board sounds like they dont actually know how to run a football club Congrats on the promotion anyhow, League Two is the bogey league for you, getting promotions first time around in the other leagues. good luck in the championship.

Finally, I have started this again. Last year, I played as Marine and again, I am playing as Marine as I grew fond of them last year. So, now I want to complete what I never quite managed to last year.

Marine - Rep: 950
    Plan Is simply to go against what is expected and to snap promotion.
    Last edited by Satio; 22-12-2009 at 02:11.

Part-Timer

despite my best wishes for a truro save, I couldn't get over the fact that it wasn't that great of a challenge.

I've instead plumped kingstonian, who balance being in london with renting their ground and having no real infrastructure to speak of.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6...91222at137.jpg

Amateur

So after trying to sign Ramsey all season, he just accepted the same offer he had turned down a couple months ago, will be good to have him back on a squad.

Sitting in 9th in the BSN, trying to figure out how to stop handing away goals, can't stop anyone from putting through balls down the middle for 1 on 1s, I can create the same chances but my players seem to enjoy wildly missing them.

Amateur

Halfway through my first BSP season, and I'm sitting safely in 15th, 7 wins, 9 draws, 7 losses.

We did well against the weaker teams this season (unlike last), but I'd like to turn some of those draws into wins in the second half of the season.

Third Team

Well managed to sneak the league title with a stunner from outside the box in the last 10 mins to win 3-2 on the last day of the season. Had a bit of a bad run before that as I got with a few injuries and it had to come down to a last day dramatic win. Lose that and I would have been in the playoffs.

So consecutive promotion again and I've already done well enough for the upcoming season signing a few good players before the window opened. Going to see if I can scrounge up at least a few more players particularly a central defender, a forward and maybe a goalie and attacking midfielder. Maybe a few loans in as well and I should be a good shout for promotion. Free and cheap transfers of quality players ftw.

Update posted later.

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2023/24

Predicted: 15th
    Finished: 15th

League Table

League Table Graph

Another unremarkable season by and large. Again, I'll take the blame for experimenting too much with youth and flawed tactics. Towards the end of the season I formed a pretty traditional 4-4-2 system (quite similar to how Sunderland play) and it seemed to get much improved performances out of the forwards.

I'm still very secure though in my job and can't go 6 months without getting offered a job by a club in the top 6.
    -----------------

Lookies

Transfers Guto wanted out and so I offered him out for £40million. Man United offered £33million - done! Got a good replacement (looking at his stats anyway) in Resende. However the lad never lived up to any expectation and when not injured, largely was ineffectual. However this was partly due to the rubbish formations I was experimenting with and so it's no wonder Barca and Milan are still very much interested despite his sh*t season. Next season..by god next season!

Club Info

Squad The squad is looking fine. Need a better right winger and maybe a more outstanding midfielder but that can come in the summer if available. Amazingly Perego (Italian) got called up for England at the age of 29.

Finances Again they're fine but we are constantly improving training and youth facilities and expand the stadium every season. Nevermind the need to buy at least a couple of players every summer.

Cups

Carling Cup Was upset at the manner of which we exited this year.

FA Cup F*ck me this was unforgivable.

Key Players

Kirichenko The big Russian was one of are few solid performers all season.

Rik De Jong At 21 he's probably one of the best full backs in the league.

Youth

Maximiliano Perez Bought last season to arrive this one. Looks very good for his age and is touted as the next Oscar Ruggeri. I'll give him a chance for sure.

Daniel Rau Had another good enough run this season. Beginning to pick up interest from the big clubs.
    Career Overview

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    Next Season

Consistancy. Consistancy. Consistancy.

Part-Timer

Well this is weird my players are wanting new contracts on less money? It seems the clubs reputation has increased to a level where players no longer try and hold me to ransom to keep them.
    Thats unusual, my players all wanted big rises and after 2 seasons in the championship want big rises again. My rep is still low, my best defender joined another championship side who are always near the bottom this summer for half the wages i offered him and less than he was already on.
    My board feel they are too good to get a parent club.

Wohoo! Just signed my 2nd player who is good enough for the Premier League. Both wingers, so the wingers are filled for next season. I am going okish in the Championship atm, but wont make the playoff I guess. Next to that, I think we will go down inmidiately if we go up now...

Youth Team

Great job there michael!

My Merthyr side have never really been secure financially - even winning the Premier League and Champions League last season we lost £800k overall. I've got about £16m in debts - although the repayments are only around £150k per month total - balance of roughly -£5m and we're losing around £2m a month on average. The prize money at the end of the season usually means we end up breaking about even - I'm hoping for a profit this year as my net transfer spend was only about £4m in the end, as opposed to the usual £20m or so.

Really need a new stadium though!

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill Championship 2023/24

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 5th Rd
    League Cup - Qtr-Final

Overall this ended up as a disappointing season as it could have been much better. After spending most of the season in the playoffs i fell back at the very end with some poor form. The poor form was due to several dislikes between players springing up, a large number of players in and out at xmas and my decision to sell nearly all my back up strikers, which back fired when my main 2 got injured in march.
    In the FA cup i lost 1-0 away to Premiership Sunderland. In the league cup after beating both premiership Fulham and Chelsea on penalties i went out to championship Hull, losing 2-1 away in ET. Hull went on to win the cup

Transfers

I had a big turnover of players this year but spent money for the first time getting in some talented youngsters.
    Knott (history) had reached his level as a player and was moved on after a long career.
    The chairman sold on my best rated striker Diaby and then in Jan Gagliardi (history) even though the finances were much better.
    Williams (history) was 6th choice midfielder and Sepe was sold on before the chairman sold Diaby. Matera (history) appeared to have reached his limit and i had 5 goalies, Marquinhos put in some rubbish performances and was sold even though it left me a bit short of strikers. Banahene's (history) contract was running down and after his appalling efforts this season i offered him around in jan - 57 clubs made a bid

Squad

Vitello took over from gagliardi as my main goalie.
    Muller was very strong in defence. Rivera was also good although Miguel might take over.
    Rodrigues was his usual consistant self in the centre of midfield, Morisse did well alongside him. Volpi was the main left midfielder with Soulie outstanding on the right.
    Up front i used only a few strikers with Amestoy and Lehmann the main pairing. Roberts is a youth product and came in a few times to score.

Star player - Keeps scoring goals and setting them up as well.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
    2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2016/17   League 1                      13th        None 
    2017/18   League 1                      14th        None 
    2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
    2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
    2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
    2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
    2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
    2023/24   Championship                  8th         None

Amateur

Is anyone still looking for a Truro save? I got them on first attempt.

Btw, it's on the 26th of June, since the game continued past the 25th. But there is no manager added.

Amateur

Ok, here goes.

Manager Personal

Part-Timer

FA Cup final against Arsenal

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2025/26

We have been in and out of the CL spots for the last few years and with our dwindling finances it was important we made the CL once again.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We did it, but it was a shame we couldn't quite keep up with the leaders. Competing in the EL caused some crazy fixture congestion which made the end of the season very difficult as we suffered from injuries and tiredness.

FA Cup - I fielded a weak team in every round and they performed quite well.

Carling Cup - again, with the priority on the league I fielded a weak team all the way to the final, which we predictably lost.

UEFA Europa League - I rested players in the group stage, then after finishing top went for it. Sadly the fixture congestion ruined our chances in the second leg against Liverpool.

Transfers - I tried to make a profit but it just didn't happen. Raí became unhappy and was sold and a replacement was brought in, although he was expensive.

Squad - rotation was badly needed this season and the new players I have brought in recently came in very useful.

Key Player Profiles:

Javier - he was very weak physically when I first signed him but he has improved. He has the potential to be brilliant, just as long as his pace doesn't hold him back.

Sebastian Engelmann - didn't score as many as last season as he found himself playing as the second striker to Javier.

Cuma Sahan - the replacement for Raí, he didn't get enough assists but he was quite good at scoring goals.

Paul Ramm - a massive surprise as he quietly came through my youth system and now had wonderkid status. He could play a major role next season.

Chris Blackmore - he had his best season ever.

Career Overview
    Code:
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    Next Season

Once again, the aim is to qualify for the CL again and hopefully mount a serious title challenge. It would be nice to not lose in a cup final for once as well.

Part-Timer

Hey dafuge.. Seems like bateman had a bad season? Could you provide a ss, i would like to see how he has progressed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast