+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,900 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Semi Pro

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Not really, although struggling with the debt is all part of the challenge.
    In FM08 I found out I could play my reserve and u18 team against spanish Premier Division reserve teams, earning me loads of money. All season through my reserve team played Real Madrid and Barcelona reserve teams.

Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

Amateur

Well done drewski - Fenton was a good bit of business.

What % of the money do you get to keep for transfers?

Just noticed you signed Paul McCartney (I wonder if its possible to have a team of musicians) I wonder how he will turn out.
    Last edited by fathooker; 19-11-2009 at 11:19.

Amateur

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square Premier - 2013/14

Much better season this time around. Despite having a tiny squad in order to avoid overspending my wage budget (I only signed 2 players this season, both on frees, and released a lot more), I managed to finish in the playoffs and make the FA Trophy final. That alone was pretty successful based on my expectations, but then I managed to win them both! Huge success this season. Managed to get a 4-4-2 performing for the first time on FM2010 and both strikers managed to score consistently. Really enjoyed this season. Had a few blips where a few of my squad all decided to get injured at the same time. A big problem when I only had 14 professional players. My youthies had to fill the bench. My dreams of a good FA Cup run couldnt have ended much worse.. didnt even qualify despite being at home in the 4th qualifying round. But my Trophy success made up for this and my finances are now above 0!

Blue Square Premier - 5th (Promoted via Playoffs)
    FA Cup - Lost in 4th Qualifying Round (v Hereford)
    FA Trophy - Winners!

Screenies:
    League Table
    Positions Graph
    Playoff Final
    FA Trophy Final
    Finances
    Transfers
    Manager Profile

Next season I'm tempted to aim high. Having finally found a tactic which seems to work on FM2010, I'm hoping I can punch above my weight and do well in League Two. But in all honesty simply surviving will be a success.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position               Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 14th
    2011/12       BSS                 2nd                    Promoted via Playoffs    
    2012/13       BSP                 18th                 
    2013/14       BSP                 5th                    Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy Winners
    Last edited by Scooty_BAFC; 24-11-2009 at 20:53.

Amateur

Tonbridge Angels - Season 2010/12

League Finish - 16th
    FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round
    FA Trohpy - 2nd Round

League Table
    League Graph
    Tonbridge Angels Recent Records

First season in charge at Longmead Stadium and it was a season of ups and downs. The media predicted I would finish 18th but the bookmakers put me down as joint 2nd favourites to win the title with odds of 6-1.

My first month in charge saw 10 players leave the club after being released from their contracts. But only 2 replacement players were signed. Our scouts were struggling to find any more players so in the end I had to start the first game of the season with only 2 outfield subs.

The season started well with 6 games unbeaten but most of those were draws. I reached the dizzy heights of 9th place after 11 games but it was all downhill from there as I hit an 11 game winless streak and slumped to 18th. This neccesitated a change in tactics and results eventually picked up but the damage was done and the Angels could only manage a finish of 16th.

Finally and much to my surprise Luke Webb my Advanced Playmaker somehow secured a nomoniation for Blue Square South player of the season and then went on to win the award. I don't know how he managed to win it but it must have been thanks to his 7 wondergoals, every one from outside the penalty area.

THe only other player worth a considerable mention is Roy Essandoh, who at times was the only Tonbridge player who seemed to want to stay in the league. His most memorable moment was a hatrick in a 4-1 win over Maidenhead which was the end of our 11 game losing streak and 7 game goaless streak. What a way to answer his critics who said his pace of 2 wasn't enough .

Code:
    Season    League                 Position      Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       16th         None
    Last edited by DarkOli; 19-11-2009 at 13:53.

Amateur

Ok, the save file won't load and now i need to start again but this time i am going to have a 3 file rolling autosave so that if it happens again I will have a backup. Will Post my profile when I have a new team.

Grr... My defender got a red card in the 70th minute and because of that we lost the match. I gave him a fine for 1 week and now 14(!) players think I treathed him unfair.. Unfair my ass!

But on the flipside, it sucks since everybody aint happy atm and we are 3rd with only 6 games to go and 2 points behind...

Part-Timer

has anyone managed to gain knowledge of countries from other players or managers on their profile, on fm09 it seemed impossible and i notice it seems the same on this one.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fathooker View Post
    Well done drewski - Fenton was a good bit of business.

What % of the money do you get to keep for transfers?

Just noticed you signed Paul McCartney (I wonder if its possible to have a team of musicians) I wonder how he will turn out.
    About 60%, though I'm likely to get more funds with our improving finances.

Third Team

Just realised that Ter came through this year into the Chelsea youth team (2017-18). Scouting him obviously

Amateur

Here is my new profile as manager of Nuneaton
    Attributes
    Personal

Third Team

Pillaging Ireland on transfer deadline day for young players who I get on cheap as their contracts are up soon, so their price goes down, example being from 300k to £400 is very useful

Getting decent players to be able to have for cover or even to start on cheap as chips wages

Youth Team

Getting sick of the board selling players from under me, having my best season since we got promoted to League One and they seem determined to ruin it!

Sold both my first choice fullbacks before the season started, and then to cap it off sold my best left-winger (who we'd only signed in the summer) to my main promotion rivals, for just £550k (he was worth over £1m easily), the MORNING of our match against them :mad::mad:

Edit: Just beat them 4-1 with 10 men... but I'm still annoyed

Double Edit: Followed by my best centre-back, for the same money (he was probably worth more than the winger if anything), on the last day of the transfer window. Why?!?!
    Last edited by SnakeXe; 19-11-2009 at 19:09.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Getting sick of the board selling players from under me, having my best season since we got promoted to League One and they seem determined to ruin it!

Sold both my first choice fullbacks before the season started, and then to cap it off sold my best left-winger (who we'd only signed in the summer) to my main promotion rivals, for just £550k (he was worth over £1m easily), the MORNING of our match against them :mad::mad:

Edit: Just beat them 4-1 with 10 men... but I'm still annoyed

Double Edit: Followed by my best centre-back, for the same money (he was probably worth more than the winger if anything), on the last day of the transfer window. Why?!?!
    Interfering chairman in a word
    Last edited by Thebaker; 19-11-2009 at 20:05.

Part-Timer

Just had an odd instance in my game, i was leading 2-0 when i got a penalty in the 57th min. My striker who had the 2 goals took it and missed (his penalty rating is 3) even though i had 2 players on my penalty list on the pitch :mad:. Lucky i still won but if goal diff come in play at the end of the season i wont be pleased.
    Is this a bug or the players deliberately ignoring my penalty instructions.

Also i have noticed the large number of dual nationals this year, i only thought about it when 5 of my players disappeared to play for african countries, these are all players from england or france that i have scouted. Do other people have similar things in their games

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

heres the halfway table

I am only just top but i am in good form lets hope i can keep it up
    but i am out of the fa trophy in the 1st round which is a bit disappointing

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    G. Keenan's FC United- 2028/2029 Season Review- Premier League

The team in question:
    GK: Ian Taylor

DR: Miguel Pereira
    DL: Jose Manuel
    DC: Bebeto
    DC: Marco Berti

MC: Liam Miller
    MC: Johnny Williams
    AMR: Jean Villard
    AML: Wagner Menezes
    GKeenan I've noticed unlike Scab your defence seems to be much stronger than your offence. Would you still invest on a defence ahead of your attackers if replayed now?

Amateur

Aario - Hucknall Town - Preseason - Season 1 (2010-11)

So I have finally got around to starting this years challenge!

Same old things every October - starting to take note of the names of guys scoring each week in the BSP/BSN/BSS on soccer saturday, waiting for the new game, wondering if the computer is up to this years effort, downloading a save file from Gilbster as I am too lazy to wait for a "real mans team" to get promoted, knowing that I will never have the time / dedication to get much past league 2 as normal

Anyway, I have chosen Hucknall for this years challenge (if I ever do manage to play for long enough I feel they would have a chance of decent attendences if we get high up the leagues - certainly compared to the likes of Kendall)

Apologies but in my excitment at get started I forgot to screenshot my profile until now - sorry!

Pre season has seen me sack all the old coaches and recruit the following Ass Man, Coach, Player coach, Scout 1 and Scout 2. Their stats may not be great but my knowledge looks quite healthy already! As an aside I am able (as others seem to have found at the start) to scout all of the British Isles and France

I have signed a whole raft of players - some of the usual suspects from Scotland have appeared on my search and been snapped up along with a couple of decent players from Backroom recomendations (hopefully a good sign of things to come from the above knowledge ).

The guys don't seem to be much of a team yet - and I have not settled on a formation or tactics but chosing rubbish opposition for my friendlies has lead to a decent enough pre-season.

Now its time for the real thing - wish me luck

Semi Pro

What a Game!!!

When we went 1 up early on i thaught thsi could be our day but when they scored with their first five shots i had second thaughts. We were 5-1 down at halftime.

i tweaked the tactics a bit and we managed to pull it back to 5-3 but we couldnt push on from there and concede again which effectively ended any hope of a result for us. We managed to score a consolation in the 90th min but it was too little too late.

I am proud of my team for the attempted comeback as we could have quite easily lost confidence and morale and concede a load more.

edit: wtf ????????????????
    portsmouth are 8th in the championship and im in the bsp
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 19-11-2009 at 21:19.

Youth Team

Season 7 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 2nd, Promoted (Table)
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd Round (lost v Exeter)
    FA Cup - 1st Round (lost v Oxford)
    League Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Sheff Utd)

Transfers

Much better season this time around, somewhat marred by my chairman deciding to suddenly start interfering with my transfer business - having not done anything in 6 seasons, suddenly he sold 4 first choice players within one.

Both first choice full-backs went before the season start, which we coped with, pushing Sheff Wed point for point until January, where first the left-sided of the excellent French wingers I'd signed was sold off, and then the best centre-half I've ever had at Merthyr on deadline day. Both for far less than I would have expected to get for them, and really irritatingly at a horrendous time for our season. The rest of the season was basically damage limitation, as my third choice centre-half really wasn't up to much, and we ended up barely hanging on to 2nd.

Luckily we did though, as I was starting to feel like I was bashing my head against a glass-ceiling, and hopefully we can establish ourselves in the Championship

Code:
    Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One  4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One  17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League One  2nd       Promoted

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15
    Season 6 - 2015/16

Amateur

2012/13- Billericay Town - Coca-Cola League Two

League Position - 3rd
    TABLE

GRAPH

A tale of two seasons, really. We never looked right or threatening in the first half of the season, plummetting as low as 20th in the table and bouncing around lower mid-table through to January. I had pretty much written it off as a lost season at that point, having already been bounced out of all 3 cups and over my wage bill and unable to get new players, I figured I'd use the season to consolidate and offload the fringes of the squad in the summer whilst hoping the AssMan might come up with some new gems...

...And then we started winning. I can't stay I did much different, I just tweaked my tactic a bit to get a hair more defensive. I never really got a consistent source of goals, though my 4-man strikeforce of Andrew, McLeod, loanee Kennedy and new-boy Romano put just enough in. I just started managing to nick a few more draws, pull out a few more 1-nils, and not concede so many in the last 15. Suddenly, I only needed a draw in my last match against Grimsby and Ricay would earn their first automatic promotion with a 3rd place finish. A rebound smashed home in the 70th by that man Kennedy and we were up for the 3rd successive year.

I honestly have no idea how I managed it. We're bleeding money like a stuck pig, I have maybe 5 players who are really league 1 standard, and forget about transfers, I have no money to pay wages to improve the squad. Despite the success, the fans still aren't really turning out and our crap facilities mean that not only will we not bring any youth through the U18s, but that any players I sign at best stagnate. That said, organization and consistency are the most important characteristics down the pyramid, so I'm hoping we can get stuck and stay up next season, long enough to get some talent in. Not that I think we can manage it, but a 4th successive promotion would probably be worse for the squad than mid-table consolidation, as Ricay really needs to improve their facilities, etc. The championship in a 3000 capacity stadium with 400 seated would be having a laugh.

Cups were a laugh, here's the results:

FA cup.
    League Cup.
    JPT.

Here's a look a transfers and finances:
    TRANSFERS.

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Patrick Bernard - The keeper who led my defensive squad. Hopefully young enough to keep improving at the next level.

Dedryk Boyata - Boyata was half of my excellent defensive partnership.

Federico Fratus - The young Italian defender suggested to me by the AssMan, also who my AssMan thinks is the best player in the squad. He had some discipline issues but he performed well.

Daniel Jones - For the second year in a row, left-winger cum left-back Jones was the most consistent player in the squad.

Victor Pálsson - The defensive midfielder was my vice-captain and was an excellent anchor man for me.

For next season, I'd take one place above the relegation spots in a heartbeat if it meant I could get back in the black enough to spend the some cash on the facilities. Loans will again be key, as will any sort of income I can get from offloading fringe players.

Billericay Town
    2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round, FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round
    2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 2nd round, FA Trophy - Final
    2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - 1st round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round
    Last edited by pjtopor; 19-11-2009 at 22:19. Reason: broken links

Amateur

First time I've ever been relegated in fm, from l2 to bsp..didnt take screens..fortunately managed to keep my "decent" players, however lost the first bsp game..sigh

Amateur

Default dafuge's FM10 challenge

Boston United - Season 1 - ChemistAndy

Preseason prediction: 15th
    Final position: 3rd

Promoted in the first season! The first time I have done that! Brought in a lot of transfers especially from the Rangers and Celtic. Also tried something new this year and went out and got super Kyle. With all of the new players coming in the squad took some time to gel. The early days of the season were very rough. I also lost early in each of the cups. Starting in November I went on a run of good form which had me flirting with the top of the table. This came about when I realized that my team was much better than most in the league and started attacking more. However, many of my players did not have good natural fitness and started to have problems late in the season. With 4 games to go I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to challenge for the champion spot and started resting players for the playoffs. After a tense semifinal we destroyed Chester in the Final. Goal for next season is promotion, I think with a few additions this will be possible.

Final Table
    Squad
    Finances

Cup Results:
    FA Cup
    FA Trophy

Best players
    Nick Main
    Gordon Dick
    Grant Adam

Code:
    Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North     3rd       Promoted through playoffs

Shame Wlv! GL this season then

Amateur

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2010/11

Predicted to struggle and at best survive relegation so a complete overhaul went underway.

League Table
    Graph

We did very well staying in the top half of the table all season and at times played by far the best football seen in this division. (although we do all like to write our own reviews ;) )

We dropped a lot of silly points with last minute penalties and sloppy goals in injury time which if had been avoided, we probably would have won the league.

We bounced in and out of the play-off positions all season and by the end we had a good final surge to make sure we were in the play-offs.

Play-Off Semi (1st Leg) Domination. But no goals.
    Stats

Play-Off Semi (2nd Leg) Again should have killed it but limped on.
    Stats

Play-Off Final Close match but such a kick in the teeth for them to equalise so late. My boys kept it cool in the shootout though
    Stats

FA Cup Nothing special but hardly disappointing either.
    FA Trophy Good performances against higher division but never something I took seriously.

Transfers Two or three cost actual money but rest for frees.

Squad Raided Scotland for all it had it seems; young and hungry however.

Finances Not great but not disastrous.

Key Men

Brian Wake Came in February and scored 8 times in 15 appearances with solid performances every time.

Stephen Forbes Released from Rangers and was a great centre half all season.

Lewis Toshey Very good player released by Celtic, solid performances guarenteed.

John Rooney Is this his cousin or brother? Either way I thought this was a big coup for our club. Brilliant technically at this level and can smash a few in from 30+ yards.

Gordon Dick Another good player picked up from Rangers.

Adam Hunter and another.. (Starting to think there is a bug with this game for all these scottish youngsters)

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    Next Season

This squad has enough players dubbed 'League two standard' to not completely rule out a straight promotion so I think I will be aiming for the play-offs without question.
    Last edited by JonnyCurrie; 22-11-2009 at 10:45.

just finished 1st in League Two!! My god this is by far my best dafuge challenge at the moment... Promoted year after year. Altho I think next season is gonna be the thougest, but i can use a challenge ;)

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill League 2 2014/15

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 2nd Rd
    League Cup - 2nd Rd
    JPT

I started this season with high hopes and was unbeaten for the first 5 games. I then lost 5 games in a row after the league cup loss and spent the rest of the season round the bottom of the table looking at avoiding relegation. I picked up 17 points from my last 8 games to finish on a high and ended higher than last season even though i got less points. My defence was reasonable but my strikers were goal shy for much of the season and the midfielders didn't contribute much, i have been unable to attrach a top quality foward.
    In all the cups i was very strong against higher opposition, it was the performances against teams at the bottom that cost me.
    In the League cup i beat L1 Yeovil 3-1 away in the 1st Rd before narrowly losing 2-3 to championship Sheff Utd at home.
    In the FA cup i thrashed L1 Sheff Wed 4-0 at home in the 1st Rd but went down 2-4 away to L1 Notts County.
    In the JPT Swindon, Gillingham, Millwall and Wycombe were all L1 clubs i got past before demolishing L2 Bradford in the final for my first silverware.
    Due to rising wage costs and especially bonuses my finances are getting worse each year, i ended the year -350K with 262K put in by the board. At the end of the year i got a new 5 year sponsorship deal of 5k per year, the same as my old one.

Squad
    Transfers

I managed to sell my first player for 5k, Webster was a huge letdown from the moment when he first arrived, failing to live up to his talent.
    In goal Gibson played most of the season even though rated as worse keeper.
    At right back Rodgers played all year becoming natural in mar and did well overall.
    At left back Youga was brought in and did fantastic at the start before his ratings fell back. Cliff and O'Donnell were also brought in as backup.
    In Central defence Craig was again solid with Fornasier getting better as the season went on and proving a real goal threat from corners. Vesseli was good backup and my first decent youth player Tennant also showed some promise.
    In the midfield Noone played alongside Davies and Assogba, Davies played well on loan but Assogba was rather poor as he is still only accomplished at CM.
    Eikrem was rubbish in the centre at the start of the season and was kept out by Noone thereafter, instead he played mostly at right midfield. McDonald was injured for 6 months and didn't play well when he recovered.
    Krouchi is very tempermental and missed several matches and training at the start of the season through abscence at nightclubs although he stopped by oct, he is hugely talented but sat on the bench for most of the year as he was poor when starting, i hope he can improve next year.
    On the left Knott only played well at the end of the season and was incredibly inconsistant, Hussain generally made no impact in matches and with his high wages will be let go.
    Up front Fitzharris and Kisuka had bad seasons, McShea didn't do well for much of the season but scored a lot in the last few games inc 4 in the last game.

Star Player - Showed real talent in the centre of midfield and deadly from setpieces, only midfielder to score any large number of goals

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                 15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                 13th        JPT Winners

Amateur

Noone is a legend in my team as well, even in l2 relegation he got above 7 average rating..am playing him on the right wing instead of centre, not too quick but using him as an outlet on the counter attack is deadly with his through balls!

Amateur

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Wlv View Post
    Noone is a legend in my team as well, even in l2 relegation he got above 7 average rating..am playing him on the right wing instead of centre, not too quick but using him as an outlet on the counter attack is deadly with his through balls!

He doesn't have the pace or crossing, nor is he natural on the right so i always use him in the centre where he can do the most damage.

Amateur

Can't remember his stats in my game but his crossing/dribbling is pretty decent, got 20 odd assists last season on the right..signed him when I had no decent players on the right so he has stuck there for the moment at least

Amateur

Manager Profile - http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8476/tooting.jpg

Starting off as Tooting and Mitcham for this season's effort.

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2016/17

Last season we just missed out on automatic promotion but achieved success in the playoffs. With two successive promotions this was always going to be a tough season.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We had a superb start but things soon settled down as we became a middle of the table team who lost a game for every game we won. Things picked up towards the end of the season but we were never going to make the playoffs.

FA Cup - we had an unbelievable run which featured a win against Premier League leaders Chelsea, but it ended in the cruellest way in the semi final against Birmingham.

Carling Cup - the usual non event, this time we lost to League 1 opposition.

Transfers - player sales were needed to balance the books but better players were coming in on free transfers.

Squad -
    we have enough quality to compete in this league but we need a few more players to really make a difference.

Key Player Profiles:

Dariusz Krysak - he was our top scorer this year but probably not our best striker.

Antonio Fiorini - a real quality signing, he had a decent season but struggled to settle,

Michael Stones - he's now replaced Michael Hall.

Antonio Bocchetti - a solid looking defender.

Jordan Ayew - Stones stepped in for him at times but Jordan was our best winger. He was French when I signed him, but opted to represent Ghana.

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    Next Season

To get so close to the playoffs was a real bonus, so the aim for next season must be to make them. I'm hoping the board will continue to invest in the facilities as they are currently well below the standard of this league.

Amateur

Bradford PA promotion run continues!

Last year i finally got my promotion to BS Premier, and i was verry happy with that. Before the season i said that a top 10 would be a success, but that i was hoping for promotion. My hope was found. At the end of the season i found my self in a very good 2nd place, and that meant that for the second year in a row i had to play playoff. In the semi's i played Accrington and won 3-2 after i lost the first game 1-2 at home. In the final i had to play Macclesfield, and i won 1-0 after a goal in overtime, by my fantastic striker Jamie Lawrie who was a real bargain and scored 28 league goals.

League Table

This season i put a little more effort into the cups trying to get some extra money. It didn't succeed that well and in the FA Cup I played Tranmere from League One, and was beaten 4-2 after to goals by Lawrie.
    It went a little better in the FA Trophy were i reached the fourth round were i was knoced out by Gateshead after penalty. So even though i used full strenght team it didn't go that well in any of the cups.

Before the season i was only looking for players that good go directly into the first eleven, since i had a lot of players so i didn't need more players just better players.
    I think i made some good signings including Jamie Lawrie as i mentioned who totally cracked open every defence in the league, and im really looking forward to see him in League Two.

Transfers

Goals for next season:
    Well next year i will be playing in League 2, and i must admit that this time im a little nervous, since i didn't sign so many qualitiy players when i promoted last year. So some of the team played in the BS north and i think it will be a lot diffrent playing in the League Two, and i hope my board will give me some extre money for wages, so i can get some stronger players for next.
    My goal is to finish somewhere in the middle and get some money and some experience.
    Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    2010/11    Blue Square North           19th         None
    2011/12    Blue Sqaure North           2nd          Promotion(Playoff)
    2012/13    Blue Sqaure Premier         2nd          Promotion(Playoff)

Part-Timer

Pretty good season of consolidation there Dafuge, what are your finances like in the championship.
    My finances are awful in league 2 about -500k at one point, sold a lot of players this season and i'm struggling with the wages the players want, they want £1000 p/w with £350 appearance fee, i'm at the stage where i can't afford to renew any contracts.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    Pretty good season of consolidation there Dafuge, what are your finances like in the championship.
    My finances are awful in league 2 about -500k at one point, sold a lot of players this season and i'm struggling with the wages the players want, they want £1000 p/w with £350 appearance fee, i'm at the stage where i can't afford to renew any contracts.
    I had about £1.5m at the end of last season which has just gone up to £2.9m with the new season starting and a load of parachute payments coming in.

Part-Timer

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood 2010/2011 - Blue Square South

A very successful season, all in all, as we clinched the title with a game to spare. We did draw the first 6 games which worried me at first, but it picked up later.

In the FA Cup, we managed to get through to the third round and drew Chelsea, losing 4-0.

This did however improve our finances dramatically.

A couple of the best signings:

Grant Gallacher was signed on a free after being released as was a solid right back.

Yado Mambo was signed for £6k from Charlton and proved to be a rock at the back.

Now on to the Blue Square Premier - I'm absolutely desperate for defenders now but hope my new midfield and strike force will make up for any deficiencies (I've more or less replaced the entire squad). I'm predicted to finish bottom although pre-season wins over QPR and Brentford look promising.

Semi Pro

Well done on a very decent 1st season in the championship dafuge also well done thelahm on consecutive promotions which is what im very close to. its between me and wrexham for the bsp title i am on 75 with a game in hand and they are on 73 but i still have to play them away.3rd place are 11 and 9 pts behind us respectively so i think its fair to say i dont need to worry about that. 11 games left of the season i have 12 left its gonna be close

Amateur

parachute payments, I've read about them, not had any yet - only 2 1/2 seasons in, but could do with some dough! (although the lovely Guiseley board are pumping injections of cash at a hell of a rate!)

Third Team

New Manager of Hendon!

After the antics at Tonbridge failed, hopefully I'll succeed at Hendon.

Sigh, 2nd season in a row I get knocked out of the League Cup in the first round

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2016/17

Squad - we have enough quality to compete in this league but we need a few more players to really make a difference.
    I see the Home Grown rules have encouraged you to sign English players ;)

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Sigh, 2nd season in a row I get knocked out of the League Cup in the first round
    It could be worse in 3 seasons of the league cup i have won 1 match and in 6 seasons of the fa cup i have reached the 2nd rd once.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    I see the Home Grown rules have encouraged you to sign English players ;)
    So long as my French and Spanish signings count as home grown I can't see it changing ;)

@ thebaker;

haha, ok nice to see another one is having troubles there... FA Cup last season was also terrible for me, on the side note it wont this year ;) hope hope hope

//

btw is it because I am dutch (as nationality) that I have a new youngster this season who is dutch aswell in my u18?

Oeff, gonna be a hard season in League One... My topscorers of last season, Jordy Brouwer and Zoltan Harsayni just cant score in League One or summat hehe...

Thanks god my defence is ok

So long as my French and Spanish signings count as home grown I can't see it changing ;)
    I know what you mean I've signed three french players this season who are 21 and have spend just 57 days in England but are somehow homegrown

Amateur

Gargra - Chippenham Town - Blue Square Premier - 2011/2012

Don't think i was favorite for any game at all this season and still managed to hold on to a playoff spot and get lucky this year too. Even won the FA Trophy. Not expecting much for next season though, think my finances needs some time to settle and talents to grow a bit but one never know.

Squad

Transfers

Key Players:

Graeme Edwards - He's getting proper competition now but he's still my most solid defender.

Andy Yiadom - Most assists this season.

Nick Main - Did a solid job in midfield.

Nadir Ciftci - 33 goals all competitions.

Kyle Wilson - Supersub this season 14 from start 28 sub appearances 18 goals 6 assists.

Finances - Keeps getting worse doesn't it. Have to turn this around soon.

League Table - Somehow i was close to or in playoff spots most of season. After loosing the away game in playoff semi finals 1-0 i managed to get a decent win 2-0 at home in a close game. Spendt most of it defending.
    In playoff finals it looked like there was just one team on the pitch. I'm wonder what my guys had to drink before the game. I've never seen them this good. They never looked like loosing at all.

FA Trophy - Lucky trough on penalties in semi final followed by a pretty undeserved win in finals on my part on a almost empty Wembley. It's sweet to win stuff though, the board loves me now.

Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    2010/11    Blue Square South           4th         Promotion(Playoff)
    2011/12    Blue Sqaure Premier         3rd         Promotion(Playoff)

Youth Team

Championship is hard, chairman sold my keeper out from under me in preseason - that's 5 positions now worse off since the summer before promotion don't know if we'll stay up

Semi Pro

Nine games left i am 6 pts clear of wrexham after they lost twice and i conceded a last min equalizer against aldershot to drop 2 precious home pts. Still need to play wrexham away though. 17 pts clear of 6th place so it looks like i will definately get a play off place. its just a matter of automatic or playoff now.

i will continue tomorow......

Well my attempts at improving my team for our second season in League Two were about as successful as last seasons attempt

The only players who are interested in signing for me from my player search screen are Blue Square Premier rated.

I have my scouts out scouting the UK, Ireland and France plus the Reserve and U18 leagues, and the players they recommend are worth over £500K and will apparently want several grand in wages a week, or are listed for loan but have no interest in joining me on loan, or even worse my scout says they'll be very interested in signing for me, I make an offer and get rejected out of hand

Though the most annoying ones are the non-UK players who are happy to come on trial but have no interest in signing for me or coming on loan

Third Team

Argh, am the favourite for the job of Premierleague Arsenal now that they have sacked Paul Ince

Will decline to comment on the subject, and if they do offer me a job, create a seperate save so that I can carry on the challenge, but then have the opportunity to manager Arsenal in a different save.

Edit* Oh well, David Platt took the job

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

As much as Platty is a Crewe legend, he's a poor manager.

Third Team

I agree. They took him from Sunderland as well. Weird that he was picked as the other people linked with the job were Ricardo Gardner and Kenny Jacket Must have been desperate, then again they are 13th.

TBF though, in 2018, Owen Coyle is the Chelsea manager, Luis Enrique is the Leeds manager, Christian Purslow is the Liverpool chairman, and Rio Ferdinand is managing West Ham. Add that to the fact that Phil Brown is being linked to the Liverpool job. If that happened in real life, I would probably cry.

Amateur

This is Off topic I know, but for some reason I've got club logo's for ALL the lower league teams bar the one I'm playing Nuneaton Boro, it's a source of much irritation so if anyone can furnish me with a club logo for the boro I'd be very grateful....I'm sure though with all the packs I've downloaded I must have one so I'm not sure why they're the only side without one !!

As for my actual game: Season 2 - BSP.

I had a cracking start to the season, I did expect to struggle but I guess I was able to strengthen the side more than I realised over the summer as I was sitting top a few points clear at one point! However my inability to finish teams off is costing me, plus I have a nasty habit of conceding goals early in games which has ended up with me drawing far too many at the halfway stage. I'm sitting pretty in 4th though which is much better than I expected so I wont grumble too much!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    This is Off topic I know, but for some reason I've got club logo's for ALL the lower league teams bar the one I'm playing Nuneaton Boro, it's a source of much irritation so if anyone can furnish me with a club logo for the boro I'd be very grateful....I'm sure though with all the packs I've downloaded I must have one so I'm not sure why they're the only side without one !!
    It is because it is technically a new club. If you have the Nuneaton logo in your pack already, all you need to do is change the numbers in the config files to switch it to the new club.

Amateur

It is because it is technically a new club. If you have the Nuneaton logo in your pack already, all you need to do is change the numbers in the config files to switch it to the new club.
    Hi dafuge - thanks for replying so quick...but that went straight over my head mate

World Cup Winner

Hi dafuge - thanks for replying so quick...but that went straight over my head mate
    Right, have a look in your logo packs and see if you can spot the Nuneaton logo.

It looks like this

Let me know if you find it.

Amateur

If I've got it - I can't find it

They start as a level 8 team correct?

World Cup Winner

If I've got it - I can't find it

They start as a level 8 team correct?
    Should be level 7

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

Nantwich Town, Season 5, 2014-15 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 1st

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad
    Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - David Royle, 20, English
    DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 28, English
    DL - Daniel Jones, 28, English
    DC - Michael Lamb, 21, English
    DC - Matthew Lowton, 25, English
    MR - Jamie Lowry, 28, English
    ML - Laurent Robert, 39, French
    MC - Stephen Gleeson, 26, Irish
    MC - Andrew Mitchell, 23, Northern Irish
    ST - Besian Idrizaj, 27, Austian
    ST - Gilles Sunu, 24, French

-

Season Summary

Well, this was a surprising one. I aimed for a mid-table finish, thus not bringing in too many new players, but enough to launch a challenge for promotion I felt. This time we seemed to score a lot more goals, and by November we were flying high. The end of November, was the beginning of the end. The loan deadline, the free transfer deadline, both passed. Our only first team GK, out for 4 weeks. Gilles Sunu, top scorer, out for 5 weeks. However we managed to limp through without losing too many games, which meant when the two players did return we were still in a good position.

Another fantastic thing about this season was our FA Cup run. After a few relatively easy games we found ourselves in the Third Round. Against Manchester City, at the City of Manchester Stadium. Despite losing that match 5-0, we made around 500K from it which has cleared all of our debts! This means for the first time in ages our finances actually look quite healthy. This run has provided us with money that will really really help us next season in our first year in the football league.

I still haven't managed to improve any of the facilities though /o\

-

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
    2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier     19th         None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier     10th         None
    2014/15   Blue Square Premier     1st          Promoted via winning the league

Third Team

Finished 12th in the League last season, nothing really to write about, not excellent in the cups, except for a win at League 1 Wycombe, but inconsistenty meant that although we scored more goals than last season, we conceded more, so finished 12th.

Current Status: 2017/18 Carshalton 12th League 2

Aims for next season: Try to challenge for the playoffs again, go on a better cup run in one of the cups.

Taken a while, but finally a consortium plans to buy us out. Hopefully they have more ambition than the current chairman, who is as boring as gravy tbh

Third Team

Here is a funny moment for you. Esteban Cambiasso is the chairman of Fleetwood Town

Amateur

FAO Dafuge: No I definitely dont have a Nuneaton logo

Third Team

Am under the embargo now, due to the board takeover and all that. They want to bring in former Wolves and Stoke player Kevin Henry as manager, but I have no concerns over my job.

Can get free transfers, but despite having 2k of my wage budget left, I am limited to £130 to offer players, which blows badly.
    Last edited by DanGLiverpool; 21-11-2009 at 18:38.

Part-Timer

Doing good in the league with 2 unbelievable signings in the start of the season, BUT huge problems with my finance.. im 350 in the red and the board provides cash injections almost every month now.. im getting scared about our clubs finances because its now saying "insecure" in the description of our finances :/

Third Team

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post

I had a player with that surname, gave me some great media stories.

'dafuge wants Dick' was probably the worst though ;)

Part-Timer

rofl ;)
    How in the world did Victor Palsson just accept a 300euro p/w contract for Kingstonian, a Blue Square Premier club :O best signing yet and will be a great help next season!
    Last edited by kaNovi; 21-11-2009 at 20:51.

Amateur

So my new Marine Chairman decided I wasn't good enough to continue as manager despite only playing 17 games in the first season.

So I have restarted as Cambridge City:

Starting Profile

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2013/2014)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 12
    Blue Square Premier Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    After last years playoff loss, i was determined for getting the BSP crown this year and straight promotion.
    With 2-3 class signings we were the best team in the league and we went on to win it.
    Our biggest problem is still the finance, we are in the red, and we havent even sold any player yet. thats a bit of a problem.
    But all in all, good season and looking forward to league football!

Squad

Patulea the top goalscorer! And a great signing this year.
    Laurent Another massive signing for the team.
    Matchett was very stable in the back
    Canbaz
    Cronesberry

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Try to make some money :/ and hopefully stay up. I dont think there is a big need for changes to the squad, but we'll see.

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     2010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     2011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier     2012/13   5th      Playoff semi-final losers 
    Blue Square Premier     2013/14   1st      Blue Square Premier Champions
    Last edited by kaNovi; 21-11-2009 at 21:20.

Third Team

Looking at my manager profile, and my stats are rather good.

20 in hands on approach
    18 in domestic player control and tactical consistency
    15 in Club/Player loyalty and Squad

Unfortunately I have a 3 in Financial Control though

Youth Team

I had a player with that surname, gave me some great media stories.

'dafuge wants Dick' was probably the worst though ;)
    Genius!

Survived in the Championship, very very happy to have done so, will post an update when I've played the last match

Youth Team

Season 8 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola Championship - 18th (Table)
    FA Cup - 4th Round (lost v Portsmouth)
    League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v West Brom)

Transfers

Very hard season, had to work harder than ever on tactics and player motivation in order to stay up, which we eventually did very comfortably. Essentially, it took us around 30 games to work out how to mostly not lose, but once we did we hit the kind of form that would put us in the top half of the table had the first 30 games not been so abysmal.

Got a fair few transfers arranged for next year already, but hopefully we can add more and push on for a top half finish. The most satisfying one for me is the fact that I'm buying back that centre-back the chairman sold from under me on the last day of the January transfer window of Season 7 for less money

Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15
    Season 6 - 2015/16
    Season 7 - 2016/17

Semi Pro

Here is the league table after 41 games

My remaining 5 fixtures: .............Wrexham's remaining 5 fixtures:

Gateshaed(h) 17th ....................Mansfield(a) 4th
    Wrexham(a) 1st ........................Sutton Utd(h) 2nd
    Tamworth(a) 18th .....................Aldershot(h) 7th
    Stevenage(h) 12th ....................Rushden(a) 5th
    Grays(a) 15th ...........................Dag+Red(h) 6th

looks like they have the harder set of fixtures since they have to play 5 of the top 7 but I think the auto promotion place could rest on the wrexham vs sutton utd match. its getting tense now
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 21-11-2009 at 22:31.

Semi Pro

So far: i have beaten gateshead 2-1 after going 1-0 down, but unfortunately wrexham scraped a 1-0 win over mansfield which keeps them ahead on goal difference

Then the big match wrexham vs sutton. A real anticlimax, the 1st half was poor from both sides as neither side created a decent chance on goal. The 2nd half to be honest was all wrexham until i changed the tactics with 10 mins left. We created a few chances but the game remained 0-0.
    So Wrexham still top on goal difference but i should be looking at 9 pts in my final 3 games whereas wrexham hopefully will struggle against 5th,6th and 7th

Third Team

Semi Pro

We waste a good chance to take the title by drawing 1-1 away to tamworth but luckily wrexham could only manage to draw 2-2 at home to aldershot.

This left us with only 2 games left to clinch the title at the moment we were 2nd only by goal difference

The penultimate round of games:
    We won comfortably 3-0 against a struggling stevenage. I really thaught we had moved to 1st at the end of the match but didnt see the wrexham score update and it turns out they won 1-0 with a goal in the 92nd min against rushden.

Last round of games:
    We were playing grays in 12th, wrexham were playin dag+ red in 3rd place by half time it was 1-0 to grays in my match despite us dominating the 1st half. Luckily dag+red had scored on the half hour mark to lead wrexham 1-0. We then dominated the 2nd half but just werent finishing our chances but finally in the 90th min Fitzharris equalized possibly sending us to lge 2. I was cautious about celebrating too early until i had properly checked the wrexham score. Finally news came through that they had indeed lost 1-0 which sent everyone at the club into delirium

We had been promoted to Lge 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season report to follow..........

Amateur

Happy with my latest signing Should do alright in the BSN!

Proof he was able to be scouted (twice in fact!)

Semi Pro

Sutton Utd BSP 2011/12

Competitions:

Fa Cup: Lost in 3rd round 6-4 to portsmouth
    Fa Trophy: lost in 1st round to Crawley 1-0
    League: 1st in bsp Promotion

League Table, League Graph
    Squad, Transfers

We had a pretty poor start in terms of how the season went overall but we picked it up and for the final 3/4 of the season we were never outside the playoffs. For the last 10 games or so it was clear it was becoming a 2 horse race between me and wrexham for the title. In a dramatic last day w clinched the title in a very unimpressive way by scraping a draw against 17th place while wrexham bottled it and lost at home to dagenham and redbridge. This saw us win the title by 1 point.

Top Players

Dedryck Boyota - Solid in defence, signed him halfway through the season and also got on the scoresheet a couple of times

Michael Jackson - Made a solid partenrship with Dedryck Boyota in central defence which was the key to our title win. (we had conceded the least goals in the league (37 in 46 games))

Scott Rendell - Top scorer with 22 in 51 but also got another 13 assists. He could always be relied on when others around him weren't playing well

Cups:

Fa trophy was poor falling at the 1st hurdle to crawley.
    Fa cup was much better with us beating mk dons and promotion rivals wrexham before being taken apart in a thrilling 6-4 loss to portsmouth

Finance: roughly broke even this season hopefully league 2 will give us a bit more money, also the attendances are in the ascendency and we are regularly getting 1200+

Code:
    Career so far:

2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st          Automatic Promotion
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 22-11-2009 at 01:16.

Amateur

Early days I know - but I feel I need to do something about my away form

Especially considering how we play at home - think the away day tactics may need a tweek or two

On a related note - is it me or does every team I play against have a narrow pitch (where wide payers will struggle to make an impact......) It is almost as if they know I like to play with width

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill League 2 2015/16

Table

Positions

FA Cup -1st Rd
    League Cup - 1st Rd
    JPT - South Semi-final

I started well and was able to maintain a place near the top of the table even though i was never really in with a chance of taking the title. My defence provided the basis of my good season as the team found goalscoring very hard. In dec i changed the setup of the strikers with one becoming a poacher, this proved a masterstroke as the goals started to flow. With 8 games to go i was in 3rd with a 5 point gap so i took the chance to save some appearance money by playing my reserves. This proved costly as the team lost a few and then couldn't get the momentum back, i ended up winning the last game of the season to book a play off spot. I played Hereford and lost the first leg 1-0 away. In the second leg the score was 1-1 when i scored at 90+4 to get extra time. I won on penalties to get to the playoff final. This was again a last minute effort to get promoted.
    In the League cup i lost on penalties at home to Championship Reading, very galling when my best penalty taker was sent in the last minute of ET. In the FA cup i was thrashed 3-0 away to L2 crewe and made no real progress in the JPT.
    My finances are still poor at -200K at the seasons end although it had reached -550K at one point, going through the playoffs helped immensly.
    The chairman is looking to sell and there was a failed takeover effort.

Squad
    Transfers

Gallacher (history) left at the start of the season and was replaced by N'Diaye who was sold in Jan. Hussain (history) was an expensive sub and was let go. Eikrem (history) and Veseli (history) were sold on to help reduce the debt.

In goal Gibson played well after N'Diaye left.
    In the centre defence Veseli and Fornasier were poor at the start of the season and didn't figue too much, Craig played well and Tennant was a revelation. My youth player scored some important goals including the last minute playoff semi final equaliser and the playoff final winner.
    At right back Rodgers was again solid with Iddi showing some promise. At left back Youga was pretty good but the backup in Cliff and O'Donnell were poor.
    In midfield Krouchi played well in patches but provided a real threat when on form. On the left Knott and McDonald shared the position but neither was very good.
    In the centre Noone was again the standout player with Davies and Assogba alonside him in a more defensive role.
    Upfront Fitzharris was poor and Clarke is still learning. Kisuka and Mcshea were ever present and scored a large percentage of my goals.

Star Player -scored a record number of goals most of them in the second half of the season.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                 15th        None  
    2014/15   League 2                 13th        JPT Winners
    2015/16   League 2                 5th         Promoted via playoffs
    Last edited by Thebaker; 22-11-2009 at 10:56.

Amateur

Dartford - Blue Square Premier League - 2011/12

Predicted to finish dead last. Pretty much underdogs against 90% of the teams we played.

League Table
    Graph

Luton completely dominated this season and if I had made the team more ruthless in killing teams off I still doubt I could have won the title. We struggled between mid-table places to just outside the play-offs for most of the season. We got some form near the end and grabbed the last promotion spot. We weren't ready it for it though.

Play-Off Semi (1st Leg) Sickening but they probably deserved to take a lead back to theirs.
    Stats

Play-Off Semi (2nd Leg) Better team won. However my strikers did miss complete sitters which could have saved us regardless of the performance.
    Stats

FA Cup Nothing to see here..
    FA Trophy Gave some reserves a run-out for this mainly.

Transfers

Squad

Finances Not great but could be worse.

Key Men

Brian Wake Never a guarenteed starter but was our top goalscorer and did peform more consistantly that the rest of my lot up front.

Mustapha Dumbaya Good player picked up on the cheap, gave good support from right back.

Michael Stewart Centre back picked up for free during the beginning of the season, became a mainstay at the heart of defence.

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    Next Season

I have three players coming in July, two are League One Standard and another League Two. I should think given how we performed this season, the minimum expectation is to make the play-offs once again, if not win the league out-right.

Part-Timer

League cup 1st round Biggest result yet! Watford is in the Championship

Semi Pro

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2017/18

Last season we finished just outside the playoff places and had a great run in the FA Cup, reaching the semi final. This season our aim was to make the playoffs.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

It really was a season of two halves, which will be explained in the transfers section. Until about halfway we were looking like a solid playoff team with an outside chance of automatic promotion. In the second half this wasn't the case. QPR and Hull were a class apart from the rest and battled it out for the title, leaving the rest of us fighting for the playoff places. Despite a series of losses in the run in, we just about managed to grab the last spot on goal difference.

Playoff semi leg 1- we had the perfect start but in the end the result was slightly disappointing. We missed so many really good chances and to concede a late goal puts us in doubt going into the second leg.

Playoff semi leg 2 - this was a horrible way to lose, we were the better team again but lost out to a total fluke goal.

FA Cup - Spurs were just too good for us.

Carling Cup - once again, our cup run was ended by a Premier League team.

Transfers - last season I had managed to pick up a number of quality players on free transfers but their contracts were expiring and they were not interested in renewing. Usually I would have held on to them until the end of the season but at the time our finances were plummeting, so I had to sell to balance the books. A few replacements were brought in but they weren't as good as the players sold.

Squad -
    my poor finances along with my new scouting networks in Europe have meant that my squad is quickly filling up with foreigners, particularly Spaniards. I'll be making an effort to bring in more English players, but only if they are genuinely better than the cheap foreigners.

Key Player Profiles:

Milan Pesa - the star of my season, a fantastic signing.

Benny Schonewille - having a quality player in this position seems to do wonders and Benny is certainly quality. He's taking up the 'McShea' role, just in a better league.

Gianni Di Napoli
    - plays well alongside Pesa and nearly became the third player to reach twenty goals.

Shane McDermott
    - still a bit part player but continues to do a good job.

Hamza Recker - didn't do a lot this season but could be a star of the future.

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    Next Season

It was a shame to miss out in the playoffs but we really aren't ready for the Premier League just yet. With the finances sorted we need to continue to improve our facilities and hope to pick up one or two quality players in order to make another push for promotion.

Amateur

I think i have four seasons to update about. but don't have the time right now.
    But i am in the League 1 in 2016

Third Team

2010/11 - Hendon - Blue Square North

I honestly thought this season would be a struggle after my tactically inept sacking at Tonbridge but it turned out to be rather easy in all honesty.

Media Prediction: 22nd
    League Finish: 1st \o/
    League Graph

As shown by the league graph, we did indeed dominate and once we grabbed top spot we never looked back, holding it for the final half of the season. With us winning the league, this ultimately meant I was Manager of the Season.

Squad

We had a very solid squad throughout the season and quite alot of Scottish youngsters.

FA Cup - Blyth ended our run abruptly after we defeated non-league Whitehawk 3-0.

FA Trophy - We avenged our loss at Blyth by defeating them narrowly in this competition, before gaining a replay against BSP Gateshead but we lost narrowly to them.

Key Players

Craig McShea - Craig was phenominal throughout the season and managed to total 35 goals in all competitions in just 43 starts. His superb season saw him awarded the top goalscorer award in the BSN and earned him Player of the Season.

James Keating - Keating played in the AMC supporting McShea who was upfront alone and he was superb. When McShea couldn't make it, he was there to bury it and even set up McShea every now and again. Sadly, his season ended prematurely due to a torn calf muscle.

Grant Gallacher - The assistant recommended to me that he was given the captain's armband. He repaid the faith by being an excellent captain and blocking out all the opposition attacks down the right.

Gordon Dick - Gordon was fantastic and solid at the back and even chipped in with a few goals every now and again. His last name enabled me to come up with this childish phrase.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season      League                   Position        Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st         Champions of the BSN

Semi Pro

Going really OT, but anybody got the Logos of all the Clubs that can be promoted?

Tried all afternoon to find one that has got Merthyr in, but to no avail.

Amateur

Looking Busy's King's Lynn Challege Season 2.

All in all a much improved season, was predicted to finished 17th after a creditable 14th last year from a prediction of 18th. The season was very different from the first, our fantasic defense disappeared but the shot shy strikers found the net. Only on a couple of occassions were we outside the top 10 and in the end finished in the playoffs in 5th, thanks to some incredible luck on the last day, where an 84th minute goal from Solihull Motors at Fleetwood reversed the goal difference between us and Fleetwood and left us 5th and Fleetwood 6th. In the end though it was all in vain as we faced the eventual playoff winners and went down on a penalty shootout. After two 0-0 draws. I can't really complain as they were one of the best sides in the league all season and getting 2 draws against them was a credit to the team.

Anyway it means a 3rd season in the BSN but i'm definitely looking for promotion this years after coming so close last year.

Final table looked like this

The squad, still a very young one but an improving one: Squad

As ever quite a few ins and outs and with still not transfer budget all free, the only loan signing was sentback after 2 weeks: Transfers

A quick note on the finances, still pretty poor due to no cup run of note: Money

Out of 10 i'd given the season a 7, got into the playoffs, brought in more good young players but failed to have a decent cup run

Aims for seson 3:
    1) promotion
    2) a cup run to get money in.

Amateur

I notice you dont have a Nuneaton team logo either Looking busy!

Can anyone with a Nuneaton logo pls share?
    Last edited by Jaffa; 22-11-2009 at 19:08.

Amateur

First job interest - I've only been a manger for a few months

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Aario View Post
    First job interest - I've only been a manger for a few months
    And another - must be doing something right

Semi Pro

MikaelS - Chippenham - End of Season 1 (2010/2011)

Blue Square South Prediction - 22nd
    Blue Square South Position - 1st
    FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round (v Bournemouth)
    FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Round (v Ebbsfleet)

Blue Square South (1st) - League Table | League Graph

Blue Square South Summary
    It was a rocky start but as soon as the players started playing together as a team, we played some solid footie.

Domestic Cups
    A bit dissappointed about those really. The FA Cup saw us leave early due to a 0-2 loss to Bournemouth. I had hopes for the Trophy but that was really a sour loss. Ebbsfleet beat us after penalties.

Best Elevens - Overall | Season

Record Sheet - Player Records | Team Records

Manager Info
    Manager Overview
    Manager Profile
    Manager Personal
    Manager Information

Team Info
    Information Overview
    Information Stats
    Information Facts
    Information Stadium/Facilities

Other Info
    Player Selection
    Finances
    Wages
    Transfers 1 | Transfers 2
    Affiliated Clubs
    Staff

Players of the Season
    Grant Gallacher - A solid performance on the right back. He didn't provide as many assists as I wanted but his defensive skills were fantastic.
    Alexander Vorobjov - He was flying on the left wing. Unfortunately an injury but a stop on his season.
    Kyle Hutton - He played well on the left but an injury to him also put an end to his season.
    Per Weihrauch - he was brought in late and got injured alot. I hope he can do better next season.
    Craig McShea - Very good season from him. He played mostly on the attack but provided good cover on the left wing. He scored some brilliant goals.
    Karsten Johansen - Star striker with 29 goals. I wonder if he can continue it in BSP.

Chippenham Awards
    Karsten Johansen got Fans Player of the Year
    Karsten Johansen got 1st in BSS Top Goalscorer
    Mikael Schĝler got 1st in BSS Manager of the Season

Season Summary
    Overall I am pleased. Promotion was not in the plans but I welcome it. I hope I can keep the finances in check, otherwise it will be a bumpy trip.

Other News
    Woking's O'Brian got BSS Player of the Year. A nomination Karsten Johansen wasn't even in the draw for, despite being topscorer, best rated and got the most MoM.

Game Summary

Code:
    Season            League               Position                      Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11           Blue Square South    1st place (105 points)        Division Champions
    New Youth Intake
    Gary Jackson- DC - Profile | Coach Report
    Looks like an offloader.

Third Team

Nice to see you keeping up the record of straight titles/promotions as champions from FM09 Mikael

Part-Timer

Nice season there MikaelS, having danish knowledge looked a real benefit.
    Johansen will be good for BSP and league 2 if he doesn't drop too much. How did you get him to sign and what are his wages?
    I think nearly everone on this challenge must have signed McShea, i found him to be best up front and i still have him in the team 6 seasons later in L1, although he has hit a bad patch at the moment and may have reached his limit.

Edit: Was Jackson the best of your youth because if he is, i dread to think what the rest were like
    Last edited by Thebaker; 22-11-2009 at 20:32.

Third Team

Tonbridge Angels BSP Season 2012-2013

What an incredible first season in the BSP. Had the top spot for quite some time then had a nightmare run before getting back on track just before the end of the season. Scraped past Corby 3-2 on aggregate to make the final. Played Macclesfield in the final and it was a brilliant game with Fabio Borini and Daniel Nardiello putting us 2-0 up before Bunting struck back for Macclesfield but we held on for the win. Made some incredible signings such as Borini, Nardiello and Daniel Jones.

League Table - http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?im...2009203512.jpg
    Positions Graph - http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?im...2009203550.jpg
    Transfers - http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2009203644.jpg

Amateur

Great season, Mikael. I was waiting for your update for ages.

Could you, please, show us your finances and wages in UK currency? Bit hard to properly understand your financial position in DKK's

Good job on giving your youngsters/best players a long term deals!

Third Team

From going 7 games without winning, I just trounced bottom of the league Oldham 6-0

Michael Whitwell also ended his 11 hour barren streak by smashing in 4 goals in the first 25 minutes, including one in the 16th second which is a quickest goal record for the club, getting a 9.5 in the process.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Nice to see you keeping up the record of straight titles/promotions as champions from FM09 Mikael
    I'm actually amazed how easy the season was. I didn't use any special ractics or training schedules.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    Nice season there MikaelS, having danish knowledge looked a real benefit.
    Johansen will be good for BSP and league 2 if he doesn't drop too much. How did you get him to sign and what are his wages?
    I think nearly everone on this challenge must have signed McShea, i found him to be best up front and i still have him in the team 6 seasons later in L1, although he has hit a bad patch at the moment and may have reached his limit.

Edit: Was Jackson the best of your youth because if he is, i dread to think what the rest were like
    The danish players was like that in FM09 aswell. I find loads of players on free transfer. Not all wants to join a trial though. Johansen was brought on trial from free transfer and then just signed after that. His wages are 3000 DKK which is 363.39 GBP or 403 EUR.

I have never ever had a truely good player coming through my youth system in all my years of gaming FM so it is no surprise to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 79 ... LastLast