+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 78 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,800 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Third Team

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Re: Friendlies, it's best to play them away? Saw a massive fall in my finances after sending my U18s to play some friendlies abroad and I'm pretty sure that was why. Or I missed some other major expenditure by me. Was around december if you check my finances screenie.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
    **** Scab - how the hell do you a) find these players ! and b) produce such good youth ;)
    I have 15 scouts.

I've been upgrading the youth facilities ASAP and signed a lot of youth coaches with really high Working With Youngsters attributes. Not sure if the latter actually makes a difference in terms of who comes through the system, but their names do seem to appear on most youngsters' Favoured Personnel lists. I should probably also mention that only a few are products of my own academy, Wilson and Conrad were bought and so was Lassina Loué.

Lurker

Hi everyone this is my first post on the forum. I have been reading lots of things on the forum and i ordered the game which should arrive in a few days now. I really want to start a llm game.

Using the demo i noticed you can organise friendly with well known teams and that kind of events could bring some money. This demo game was played in BSN league with solihull moors and i noticed i was losing money overtime even if i respected wages. So in the game you play you cant use that kind of friendly to make money?

I also noticed there is a file that could bring you to start at lower level in english league up to lvl 10. What do you thing about that?

Thanks in advance for help on those questions

Goodi

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mag man View Post
    Are new stadiums still built in the town you're ground-sharing or do you go back to the town you belong in?

In the last version with Maidstone I got a new stadium in Sittingbourne rather than Maidstone.
    Just moved into the new stadium and we're still in Bury.

Congratz Scab!

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill League 2 2013/14

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd
    League - 1st Rd
    JPT -1st Rd

I started badly taking 4 games to score a goal so changed from direct passing to mixed.
    After this i moved up the table hitting a 10 match winless streak with 7 draws in Jan when i was eying up the playoff spots. I won a few games after this before enduring another winless streak in mar and apr when i lost 7 in 9 games. The main problem in this season seemed to be scoring, both the strikers and midfielders struggled, conversely the defence was much better until the last few months when the majority of goals were scored.
    In the cups i didn't win a match, in the League Cup i lost to Championship Reading on penalties after my best penalty taker was sent of in ET. I lost to L2 Cheltenham on penalties in the JPT and was completely outclassed 1-3 at home to L2 Bradford.
    Due to my lack of cup progress my finances are still desperate with me losing money every month, its only down to the board putting in money that it only dropped to -300K.

Squad

Transfers

Due to the financial situation i was nearly at my wage limit of 8.5K when i gained promotion, i was therefore unable to bring any decent players in as there wage demands were too high.
    Gallacher started the season in goal with Gibson finishing as first choice even though he was rated much worse by my coaches.
    Youga was signed as my main leftback as lovatt was useless.
    At right back Fornasier, Rodgers and Hunter all played with no sucess.
    In the centre Craig was the mainstay with the others all showing inconsistant form alongside him.
    In central midfield Prutton was still very important due to his tackling ability but was increasingly injured, Freeman was brought in to cover even though not a natural midfielder. Eikrem started well before faltering and was replaced be Noone who did very well.
    On the left it was a similar story with Knott starting well but fading with Hussain taking over. On the right McDonald did well when not injured, several players filled in for him when he didn't play.
    Up front Kisuka stepped up well but McShea struggled to score and Fitzharris was very disappointing.

Star Player - Compared to the rest of the defence he stood out in spite of his worse attributes

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    2013/14   League 2                 15th        None

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by goodi View Post
    Using the demo i noticed you can organise friendly with well known teams and that kind of events could bring some money. This demo game was played in BSN league with solihull moors and i noticed i was losing money overtime even if i respected wages. So in the game you play you cant use that kind of friendly to make money?

I also noticed there is a file that could bring you to start at lower level in english league up to lvl 10. What do you thing about that?
    Those sort of friendlies are allowed, but discouraged as they kind of go against the spirit of this challenge.

I can't find it now, but I'm pretty sure there's a separate challenge that includes those new English leagues.

Lol the big match Guiseley (2nd) vs Bournemouth (1st) is being postponed for the 2nd time now due to a waterlogged pitch..

Think my fans aint liking it

Amateur

Bradford historic season! 2011/2012

After my first season in charge of Braford PA, where i didn't get promotion, this year the only thing that countet was promotion. It started out pretty bad and i lost some stupid games. Anyway, around new year i found my self between the top 7, and from there on everything just "clicked". I pretty much won everything in the league but i wasn't able to catch Tamworth who won by six point. So i finished second and had to face Fleetwood in the semi final. I won that game and in the final it was all or nothing against Worcester. I was a bit lucky and won 6-5 after penalties, but i didn't care, i had won promotion.!

League Table

Again this season i didn't really care much about the cup tournaments, and again i was knocked out real quick. Next season i will give it more focus, and hope to make som money that way, since my finances aren't the best out there

Before the season i was pretty much hoping to sign a whole new team, but that didn't turn out so good. Since im from Denmark, i offered a lot of danish Freebish a Trial, and signed the best of them including my new first GK Lars Baun. At the other end of the pitch i signed Richard Logan, who turned out to be a really good deal. He scored a lot of important goal through the season.

Transfers

As you can see i signed a lot of players again, and i must say that Logan, Baun, Jared and Santonocito did a really good job, and they will def. stay in the club next season as well

Goals for next season:
    I know its gonna be very hard to play in another league with better teams, but i must admit that i think i have learned how to play in these small leagues, so my goal will without a doubt be top 10, and i must admit that i think i have the team for promotion again with some luck.
    In the cups i will be looking to get some good and hard matches vs. some good teams, so i can try myself and my players at that level.

Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11    Blue Square North           19th         None
    2011/12    Blue Sqaure North           2nd          Promotion(Playoff)

Amateur

Had a massive stroke of luck in my second season in the BSN last night.

Final game of the season, i'm sitting 6th, one place outside the playoff. AFC Telford and Fleetwood 3 points ahead. I'm at home to Nuneaton who are about 18th, Fleetwood at home to Solihul who are in the playoffs and fighting for automatic promotion, AFC Telford at home to another side who's season is done. I have a goal difference 5 better than Telford but 2 worse than Fleetwood.

Anyway, Half time i'm 0-0, AFC are winning and Fleetwood 1-0 down, so i'm still not in. I score in the 85 minute to secure a 1-0 win. I think i've not done enough. But when I look at the results. Fleetwood lost 3-1 conceeding the 3rd in the 87th minute, to reverse the goal difference (i was well behind on goals scored) and put me in the playoffs in 5th, with Telford in 4th and Fleetwood missing out in 6th.

Amateur

Congrats Scab!

G. Keenan's FC United- 2027/2028 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: We had a slow start but by the 15th game of the season we hit the top spot and never looked back. At one point we had a 15 point lead but I started playing the youngsters and that cut the lead to 5 points. Our Champions League campaign was a little disappointing, better luck next year.

Cup review:
    FA Cup- 6th round loss to Blackburn.
    League Cup- Quarter final loss to Man City.
    Champions League- First knockout round exit to Real Madrid.

League table
    Graph

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
    2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
    2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 champions
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
    2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
    2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
    2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
    2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
    2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
    2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None
    2025/26    Premier League             2nd         Community Shield winners
    2026/27    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions
    2027/28    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions, Community Shield winners
    Last edited by Gareth Keenan; 17-11-2009 at 16:06.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

damn got to restart this. someone got hold of my laptop and deleted my save. GRRR

Amateur

Drewski. Boston United. 2016/2017. League 1

After finishing just outside of the play-offs last season I made it my aim to try and do one better and actually get into the play-offs this time around, but we had other ideas, and finished the season as Champions, for the majority of the season we were in and around the top 4 and by the last 14 games or so we went up another gear and let the chasing pack, confirming promotion with 5 games to spare and the title 1 games later.

Squad - It was pleasing to see my front two score more than 50 goals between them this season, and that we actually had a midfielder contributing with another 12, out keeper, who was on loan from Aston Villa took over from Stech, who was very poor; GK. Armstrong - wow, his presence in goal made a huge difference to the way my defense player, before him we were crap, when he arrived wee played with more authority I would loved to have had him again this season but he has moved to Celtic for £900k; McLaughlin - another superb season from the DL, he was a rock in defense and his set pieces were deadly, it's just a shame that I think that The Championship will be too tough for him, but I'll still use him as a squad player; Turnbull - finally! It's about time I managed to get a midfielder who could contribute a few goals and assists, and that's what he did, I will be looking to him for more of the same next season; O'Brien - my main striker, he had a bit of a dry spell right at the start of the season but the more games he played he started to find his rhythm and finished with 26 league goals, I will look to him again next season; Wallace - was used as a sub for the first half of the season, but once my loan striker Romario's form dipped I brought Wallace back into the fray and he did not disappoint.

Transfers

Finances

Aims for next season:

Stay up, for the love of god, I don't care how, but I hope we stay up.

Amateur

Angry Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Farnborough BSP 2011/12

League Table

Graph

Had a surprising season in BSP, I did not expect promotion in my first season, I could not catch Luton and they won the title easily.

Although my defence looks good on paper they tend to leak stupid goals throughout the season.

Thank God for Super Kyle

Kyle Wilson

I did not do well in any of the Cups and did not expect to, as I had started well in the league and all efforts were to make the playoffs.

So I have made L2 and looking forward to a healthy transfer budget after 2 seasons of no budget at all and then I get 14K Transfer budget despite being within my wage budget for 2 seasons and recieving 90K in parachute payments!!!

What am I supposed to get with that?

It looks like a struggle in L2 this season and hope I can avoid relegation.

Amateur

Before I start my story I just want to say well done to the ones already doing this, after being stuck for a choice of challenge reading some of the suberb posts in this thread gave me some motivation to actually see a game through for more than a season without getting bored.

I'll update my story a bit more reguarly in the future so sorry for the longer post this time, but as nothing much happened in season one (which I decided was mainly to consolodate) I thought i'd combine the second season too.

Season 2010/2011

After spending ages trying to get FC United I eventually decided to give in and go for Cambridge.

After reading how many people on here have struggled a bit financially I decided to make money the priority from the off and arranged 5 pre season league tournaments with the biggest clubs possible. Three of the tournaments ended up being shown on TV too which boosted my finances dramatically

I scouted Scotland (mostly Rangers and Celtic like suggested earlier on here) and had a pretty good shortlist drawn up with two definate signings coming in, but no sooner had I reached July then a board takeover stopped me from signing anybody, the transfer embargo carried on right through July leaving me with almost the entire starting squad which to me wasn't good enough, but my hands were tied so I just had to carry on and try and get as many points on the board as possible. Eventually the consortium decided not to go ahead with the deal and I could complete my transfers although a lot of the players listed weren't the initial targets I had before the embargo, so after a bad start where we didn't win in the first 10 games of the season and then had another stutter around Christmas I was quite happy with our eventual finish of 13th place.

Season 2011/2012

I'd already made my mind up early in season 1 that anybody whose contract was up would be allowed to leave at the end of the season which would free wages up to get some decent reserve players which I had been lacking last season. Again I raided the Scottish league for the best released players with my main goals being to get a laft winger who could actually create something and I wasn't disappointed with who popped up Luca Santonocito had been released by Dundee Utd and was a lot more effective on that side of the pitch than the three I'd tried the season before. Other notable additions were Tyrone Thomas and Gordon Dunbar who were the only other players from the summers transfer dealings who forced thier way in to my starting 11.

What really surprised me this season was the sudden rise of two players who i'd brought in last season who massively underachieved.

Michael D'Agostino brought in from Hereford the previous season was disappionting on the right flank, with only 4 goals and 7 assists from 40 games, so I decided to up his attacking and creative freedom a few notches and give him until January before deciding whether to keep him and it was a decision I didn't regret as he tore the league apart with 3 goals and 28 assists in 38 games which benefited last seasons other major flop Jordan Elverson who was another brought in from Dundee Utd. In the previous season he managed 10 goals and 3 assists from 31 games, but coinciding with D'Agostino's emergance and Santonocito's form on the left he became the leagues top scorer with a further 4 goals in the cups from 3 games.

Again it was another slow start to the season for me, not winning in the first 6 games and lying 14 points off fifth place in mid November. I decided to change from a 4-4-2 counter, to 4-4-2 attack and it payed off straight away as I went on a 2 month winning streak and finished the season in to secure a playoff place.

The playoff games themselves seen me play the semi final against Bylth where I salvaged a 3-3 draw at home in the first leg after being 3-0 down at half time and then going to Blyth and holding out for a 1-0 win.

The final itself was a totally different affair where I played Tamworth. Jordan Elverson gave me the lead midway through the first half, picking the ball out wide on the right and cut inside evading a few challenges and finishing superbly at the near post. Santonocito put me 2-0 ahead just after half time, again with Elverson at the heart of it. Then in the final 10 minutes came the goal of the game and one that assured me of promotion. From a Tamworth corner the ball came out to Elverson just inside our half and he just ran through every challenge before unleashing a shot in to the top corner from 25 yards.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

meet the new manager of Boston Utd

James Almond

personal
    Last edited by Almondo; 17-11-2009 at 18:23.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Season 2024/25 Review - Kingstonian in the Premier League....
    Congrats Scab...forced me into creating a FM10 CSE Hall of Fame thread a lot earlier than I thought possible

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2017-2018 League Two

Quick update this time, started poor, improved, ran out of steam, finished 5th, lost play off semis

League Table

Transfers

Goals for new season:
    Find a consistent tactic
    Somehow score more goals

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Season 2024/25 Review - Kingstonian in the Premier League
    Congratulations

and I thought I played my seasons quickly

Youth Team

Season 5 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 4th, Play-Off Semi-Finalists (Table)
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern Quarter-Final (lost v Swindon)
    FA Cup - 1st Round (lost v Rotherham)
    League Cup - 1st Round (lost v Oxford)

Transfers

In a word, disappointing. Should have got promoted automatically, we were catching a free-falling Bolton easily, and with 3 games left we were 1 point from overtaking them. We promptly lost all 3 of our remaining games.

No matter, I thought, I'll gee them up for the play-offs. And I did. For the first leg against Norwich, we were great, stopped them playing and won it 1-0 with a header from my academy-produced centre back Simon Davies. The second leg, we didn't get a shot on target and shipped 3 goals. I honestly despair.

Despite the better placing in the league, I actually think we regressed this season. We lost a lot more games, collected fewer points, and generally looked far less convincing. I think this is in part due to the demise of our star striker and record goalscorer, Curtis Stevens, to whom age has not been kind. However, the players who usurped him were all much worse than they should have been, and I think I'll be changing the squad around quite significantly this close season.

That said, there's clearly not much between us and automatic promotion, so that's got to be the aim for next year. Here's hoping for a good summer!

Code:
    Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One  4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14

Amateur

anyone got Truro yet? been trying for hours now ;( local team and all

Semi Pro

Or Boreham Wood? Please guys!! Will stick with Boston Utd for now but I dont think it's working....
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 17-11-2009 at 20:19.

Third Team

Got a trip to White Hart Lane and Tottenham in the FA Cup 3rd. Once again, Premierleague opposition, and they have a 45k all seater in WHL, so decent money there

Part-Timer
    will soon be to old to be playing this childish game. Soon - but not now.

The adventures of Black Mama - Canvey Island - BSS - 10/11

Due to an unexpected system failure 6 weeks of game time and 9 matches has been lost for good

I was doing very bad and sitting 19th after 23 games - I don't want to risk replaying the matches and doing much better the second time. It just wouldn't feel right.

Canvey Island is history for me - and the save interval just got reduced to 1 week.

I'll holiday onwards to the next season and see what teams get promoted - maybe Margate

(Bonus info: The assistant manager managed to take Canvey Island to a respectable 14th - using my tactics of course)
    Last edited by Blackmama; 17-11-2009 at 21:41.

Amateur

I Think I'll give this another go.

Profile Cambridge City

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...ie/Profile.jpg

Semi Pro

Boston United get GREYEDOUT!!

Well once again I'm finding this challenge tough. Two defeats in my first two games, and the team just dont look like winning a game....I just dont know how to fix it! God this game is brilliant/horrible!!

Third Team

Just made a little bit under 1 million in gate reciepts away at 6th in the Premierleague Tottenham, and I drew 0-0 as well.

Semi Pro

Gonna be a relegation scrap, first season at Boston...

Part-Timer

A quick question

Has anyone found a logopack for the teams eligible for this challenge in FM10??

Semi Pro

Use the same one as from FM09 - they all work!

Semi Pro

Did anyone know that Fleetwood play at Highbury Stadium?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Use the same one as from FM09 - they all work!
    Nice to know - only problem is I've deleted all the files I had for 09.

Any chance for a link?? Please

Semi Pro

Just search for FM09 ones - there are thousands around.

Amateur

Ridiculous, about 30 reloads so far after Kingstonian or Tooting

Semi Pro

Just try getting Boreham Wood! I think there are some teams that simply have a 0 chance of coming up....

Amateur

Just try getting Boreham Wood! I think there are some teams that simply have a 0 chance of coming up....
    I think im gonna cry, this is unbelievable

Amateur

I cant seem to get my logo's to work from fm09? How do u do it?

Amateur

Horsham! That'll do! Sweet.

Semi Pro

If on Vista:

Copy them all to:
    Docs>SI>FM10>graphics>eng>ipl or npl or spl (the last one is SOUTHERN premier league, not Scottish)

World Cup Winner

I just saw a passback hit the crossbar

Youth Team

Having a very bad season this time round reminds me very much of the season I lost my job in my first go at this year's challenge with Nuneaton... hopefully it doesn't go that way this time.

On the plus side, the league is quite tight so if we get it together we'll be back up the sharp end in no time

Semi Pro

Semi Pro

Someone help me! I cant get this team working well at all. Followed all the advice I've seen, but nothing seems to be coming together at all.

Amateur

If on Vista:

Copy them all to:
    Docs>SI>FM10>graphics>eng>ipl or npl or spl (the last one is SOUTHERN premier league, not Scottish)
    Ok - done that - just doesnt seem to work

Semi Pro

First Team Squad Member
    Usually found in Southend stalking RickyButton

I can't wait for your next post, where you explode in rage as to how Northwitch managed to draw 4-4!

Semi Pro

Nope, the scoring finished there, but I'll take that

Semi Pro

16th after 12 games in the BSN. Gonna be a relegation scrap i fear.

Part-Timer

Forgot to do screenies at the end of the season in my haste to sign new talent, so although they will be later in game date, will still do a small update in 10 mins or so!

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

woo top of the league - admittedly i have played 2 games more than 2nd and 3rd but still

Part-Timer

Glenn Crane - Kendal Town - Season 3 - BSP - 5th - Lost in Playoffs

An up and down season but a battle to the end either way.
    We had some frustrating times and went through a frustrating patch of draws which really tested my patience.
    Not a huge update AGAIN as i am very tired but will show you the basic screenshots!

league
    Squad
    Transfers

As you can see my squad isn't fully there as i have sold a few and put some in reserves and this update was late in my haste to sign new talent. And i have

And then the fans player of the season

As you can see from the two playoff games it was quite close but my incosistency and lack of cutting edge up front lost me the chance to get promoted.

Playoff 1
    Playoff 2

Overall i am quite dissapointed we had the players to go up but never reached our potential, and our strike force just didn't produce the goods on a regular basis.

Goals for next season
    1. Get consistency
    2. Get that CUTTING Edge up front
    3. Improve Squad - I already have with my biggest name probs Paynter
    4. Promotion (I can't stand another season in BSP)
    Code:
    Season          League               League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         4th           Promoted Via playoffs
    2011/12        Blue Square Prem         16th           Fa Trophy Semis
    2012/13        Blue Square Prem           5th          Knocked out of playoff semis
    Last edited by glennuk; 18-11-2009 at 00:11.

Part-Timer

Part-Timer

Does this game just want me to draw?

6 games 1 win 4 draws 1 loss!

Amateur

Carshalton - 2012/13 BSP

Well this season went well, I won the league as I wanted to, rising to the top of the table very early and staying pretty much at the top all season. I also won the FA Trophy which I was supposedly rank outsider to win. I didn't do too well in the FA Cup only reaching the 1st round.

League Table
    Graph
    FA Trophy
    FA Cup

I again made quite a lot of transfers and once again am surprised that the team was able to gel.

Transfers

My finances are brilliant mainly due to the playoff final at Wembley last season but helped out by the FA Trophy run this season.

Finances

Goals

My goal for next season is to at least survive in L2. I will try to bring in some quality players for the league and hopefully will be able to get a mid table finish.

Code:
    Season          League               League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square South         1st           Promoted, BSS Champions
    2011/12        Blue Square Prem          2nd           Knocked out in playoff final
    2012/13        Blue Square Prem          1st           Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy Winners
    Last edited by JamieB-RFC; 18-11-2009 at 09:07.

Amateur

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2028/2029 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: The Champions League was the one and only goal in my sights this season and as a result I was expecting to miss out a third straight league title, but I actually managed to wrap that up with two games to spare.

Cup Review
    Champions League Group Stage
    1st Knockout Round
    Quarter Final
    Semi Final
    Final
    So that's it, Champions League won, challenge complete. There were some very eventful and high scoring games on the way but the final was a pretty comfortable 3-0 win.

The team in question:
    GK: Ian Taylor

DR: Miguel Pereira
    DL: Jose Manuel
    DC: Bebeto
    DC: Marco Berti

MC: Liam Miller
    MC: Johnny Williams
    AMR: Jean Villard
    AML: Wagner Menezes

ST: Wagner
    ST: Dean Quinn

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
    2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
    2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 champions
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
    2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
    2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
    2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
    2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
    2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
    2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None
    2025/26    Premier League             2nd         Community Shield winners
    2026/27    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions
    2027/28    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions, Community Shield winners
    2028/29    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions, Community Shield winners, Champions League winners

Semi Pro

I have a question for dafuge.
    I'm currently under a transfer embargo because of takeover talks that so far have taken 3 game months and obviously can't sign any players.
    But it seems that I can offer triallists contracts, this is a known bug that I've seen in the bugs forum.

Is it acceptable to sign a couple of triallist to reinforce my depleted squad?
    If not then I'll have to go back to a previous save as I trialled and signed Victor Palsson as I've only got 3 central midfielders (and a winger who can play there in an emergency)

Congrats on finishing the challenge Gareth. FA Cup is your next goal?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    I have a question for dafuge.
    I'm currently under a transfer embargo because of takeover talks that so far have taken 3 game months and obviously can't sign any players.
    But it seems that I can offer triallists contracts, this is a known bug that I've seen in the bugs forum.

Is it acceptable to sign a couple of triallist to reinforce my depleted squad?
    If not then I'll have to go back to a previous save as I trialled and signed Victor Palsson as I've only got 3 central midfielders (and a winger who can play there in an emergency)
    If you trialled the players first you can sign them at any time.

Semi Pro

I know that, but I'm under a transfer embargo due to takeover talks and that means that I can't sign players because the board blocks the deals. I managed to sign the triallist because of a bug in the game.

The problem is that there is another bug that could mean that the takeover talks can take a year or more and all that time I'll be under the embargo.

Can I take advantage of the bug that lets me sign a few triallists to compensate for the fact that I might be under a transfer embargo for quite some time?
    My squad is pretty thin with only 20 professionals, including 4 keepers. Well it's 21 now with Palsson.

First Team Squad Member

Nantwich Town, Season 3, 2012-13 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 19th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - Kevin O'Brien, 22, Irish
    DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 26, English
    DL - Dan Smith, 26, English
    DC - Jack Pearson, 23, English
    DC - Kristian Platt, 20, English
    MR - Michael D'Agostino, 26, Canadian
    ML - Laurent Robert, 37, French
    MC - Andrew Mitchell, 21, Northern Irish
    MC - Darren Williams, 36, English
    ST - Christian Nade, 28, French
    ST - Gilles Sunu, 22, French

-

Season Summary

In our first season in the Blue Square Premier, I expected a hard and fierce relegation battle. This was exactly what I got. Despite signing a trio of French players: Laurent Robert, Christian Nade and Gilles Sunu, we still struggled. Laurent Robert was easily the best of the 3, although his fitness levels aren't that great, as you would expect of someone at his age. Nade was a bit of a disappointment, and didn't score as many goals as I had expected. Sunu was even more of a let down, for an ex-Arsenal youngster he was really woeful, I'd expected him to be an absolute beast in this division.

The season as a whole was an acceptable one, just surviving was enough to keep the board happy. Although we're now 350K in debt, which despite the board's constant efforts to improve the situation, is only getting worse. I think hoping for a tycoon from Russia or the middle-east is a bit optimistic, so we'll have to cope for now. I think only an FA Cup run or promotion will be able to get us out of the red next season, both of those are very unlikely.

-

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
    2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier     19th         None

Amateur

Anyone knows what happens if I get sacked? Do I take over another newly club with the same manager, or do I start with a completely new manager?

I say this not because I've been sacked. But because I think I will, soon enough. I'm on a ten-game winless streak and three points to show for it. From the past 20 games I've only won 3 games and 6 draws. 12 more games to go in the BSN and I'm just 5 points clear of regulation!

First Team Squad Member

I think most people start a new save game when they are sacked.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    I think most people start a new save game when they are sacked.
    That's what I did. Sacked from Nuneaton in my 4th season for being in the BSP relegation zone; after 4 seasons with Merthyr I was established in League One - just shows how these things can go!

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by thenamesfang View Post
    Anyone knows what happens if I get sacked? Do I take over another newly club with the same manager, or do I start with a completely new manager?
    You could go on holiday until 24th June and save the game. Then reload it and go on holiday for a single day and see if you're lucky enough to have a club that meets the requirement for the challenge, i.e. has never been in the BSS or BSN during the period of your game.
    If you're lucky you might have a lower rep team pop up, one that would never get into the playable leagues normally.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    You could go on holiday until 24th June and save the game. Then reload it and go on holiday for a single day and see if you're lucky enough to have a club that meets the requirement for the challenge, i.e. has never been in the BSS or BSN during the period of your game.
    If you're lucky you might have a lower rep team pop up, one that would never get into the playable leagues normally.
    Yeah I know this. I'm asking if I am supposed to continue with the loser of the manager, or do I have to add a new manager, i.e. restarting.

I guess most people will restart, and I might do just that. But if a newly promoted team has no manager, I say why not show them how much I really suck

Amateur

After waiting what seems like an eternity for Rugby to get promoted I have decided to take the plunge with Nuneaton.

I managed to get in 12 new signings mostly by shopping north of the border and linking with Henden to get access to their knowledge of Bulgaria – they are the usual suspects so I won’t list them again. An interesting point is that my strikeforce is ex-celtic and ex-rangers – wonder how well they will gel(?). I know my mass clear out seems a bit of a churlish way to repay the squad that won promotion, but that’s life in the Blue Square for you.

I will be playing a back four, a DM, 3 MC and 2 ST in an attempt to keep the goals conceded down and hope to nick one on the break.

I have never managed lower than L1 and I’ll let you know how it goes.

BTW anyone know of a good DM? How hard would it be at this level to retrain a DC in the DM role?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fathooker View Post
    After waiting what seems like an eternity for Rugby to get promoted I have decided to take the plunge with Nuneaton.

I managed to get in 12 new signings mostly by shopping north of the border and linking with Henden to get access to their knowledge of Bulgaria – they are the usual suspects so I won’t list them again. An interesting point is that my strikeforce is ex-celtic and ex-rangers – wonder how well they will gel(?). I know my mass clear out seems a bit of a churlish way to repay the squad that won promotion, but that’s life in the Blue Square for you.

I will be playing a back four, a DM, 3 MC and 2 ST in an attempt to keep the goals conceded down and hope to nick one on the break.

BTW anyone know of a good DM? How hard would it be at this level to retrain a DC in the DM role?
    I went with a similar tactic in my first season and ended up with the second best defense in the league, unfortunately i couldn't score to save my life and finished 14th.

Third Team

1 game left of the season in League 2, and I am 1 point off the playoffs. Need to beat Carlisle and hope other results go my way to enter the playoffs.

Youth Team

Just got 900k from a trip to Old Trafford in the FA Cup 3rd Round only lost 1-0 as well!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Just got 900k from a trip to Old Trafford in the FA Cup 3rd Round only lost 1-0 as well!
    my financial situation could do with getting to the 3rd rd, furthest i have got in 5 seasons is 2nd rd, keep coming up against L1 teams.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fathooker View Post

I play the same formation and have used Valentin Milenov in the dm position for my whole career at sutton utd. He's alright at bss/bsn level but i reccommend getting a better one for the bsp

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Kings Lynn - BSN 2010/11

Following the devestation of a Crash Dump, which was quickly accompanied by a corrupted save, it was my unfortunate experience to be transported 7 seasons back in time. The term "Groundhog Day" was absolutly the case as i returned to Day 1 of the challenge to get Kings Lynn to the dizzy heights of Premier League and Champions League Glory.

However, someone once said that hind sight is a wonderful thing, and they were certainly not wrong.

Following some fairly hectic wheeling and dealing in the transfer market a strong squad was quickly assembled, i am sure i could get done for insider trading or something but from experience i just knew that these guys would be up to the job.

They didnt disappoint and although we did not fair to well in the cups the league was won and we advanced to try our hand at the BSP, i feel this will require a little more strengthening but the basis of a solid and competative team is already in place and i have high hopes for a possible back to back promotion.

Manager Profile, Further Info

GK - Johnny Mcbride
    DR - Grant Gallacher
    DL - Dimitar Ruychev
    DC - Dominic Roma
    DC - Matthew Pike
    MR - Fabio Ferreira
    ML - Craig Mcshea
    MC - Valentin Milenov
    MC - Iskren Ivanov
    ST - James Keatings
    ST - Zahari Krastev

League Table
    Graph
    Transfers
    Squad

Manager of the Year

Code:

Season   League               Position      Achievements
    2010/11  Blue Square North      1st         Champions, Promotion
    Last edited by PVentress; 18-11-2009 at 18:52.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    I play the same formation and have used Valentin Milenov in the dm position for my whole career at sutton utd. He's alright at bss/bsn level but i reccommend getting a better one for the bsp
    Thanks for that he is currently on trial - I'll let you know how it works.

In the meantime I'm playing a DC there sean Mccashin I obtained him on a free he was at forest.

Third Team

Ended up drawing 1-1 after spewing some easy chances at the end, no playoffs this year, hopefully next year.

Dismissed any interest in the job at Premierleague (although going down to Championship) Stoke as well.

Finished 9th in the end, not too bad, got one player in team of the year (Jack Dean)

Oh, great. My special board have terminated my parent link with Arsenal in favour of a link with League 1 Milwall. Clever idea board.
    Last edited by DanGLiverpool; 18-11-2009 at 19:43.

Part-Timer

OK - in seriously need of assistance.

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1010\data\updates

Is this the correct folder for the logopack (same pack as in 09)???

Part-Timer

Started over after the crash and I amn now the manager of Kings Lynn.

They surprised me from the beginning - you want me to achieve what???

This better be good

Youth Team

Season 6 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 17th (Table)
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Winners
    FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Man Utd)
    League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v Nottm Forest)

Transfers

What a mess. This was easily the most frustrating season of FM10 I've played so far. The cups were great, the only sides to beat us in any cup were both Premiership sides (yep, Forest are there now), the league was abysmal.

The chances we created were great, we occasionally would score them, occasionally we'd do it a couple of times early on in a match, but we threw away so many points! Honestly, it was like there was an auto-draw feature enabled, as no matter what I did tactically/substitutionally we really could not hold on to a lead. The few clean sheets we got were as part of the semi-regular insipid 0-0 draws.

The only hope for next season I have is that I've already secured the signings of two promising french wingers (one for each side), so hopefully adding them to the solid midfield will mean we just need a proper striker to get back up the table. Bear in mind I've been looking for one of those for 3 years now though...

It wasn't all terrible news however, with the JPT win elevating me to legendary status at Merthyr

Code:
    Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One  4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One  17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15

Semi Pro

That's a relief, the takeover finally happened and the transfer embargo was eventually lifted when the new chairman decided to keep me in charge
    The new chairman is the CSKA Moscow player Elvir Rahimić. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to take advantage of his Bosnian and Russian scouting knowledge.

World Cup Winner

Dear Mr Ancelotti,

IT'S YOUR TACTICS

This puts us in the semi finals, against Birmingham, who we knocked out last year while in League 1.

Semi Pro

Woo!!! the 1st time ive managed to beat someone in a higher league

Thank god we won, we really needed the money

Edit: got pompey (championship) away in the next round
    Last edited by hrbfcrule; 18-11-2009 at 22:50.

Youth Team

First Team Squad Member

Nantwich Town, Season 4, 2013-14 - Blue Square Premier

Finished - 19th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad
    Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - David Royle, 19, English
    DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 27, English
    DL - Daniel Jones, 27, English
    DC - Matthew Darlow, 21, English
    DC - Matthew Lowton, 24, English
    MR - Michael D'Agostino, 27, Canadian
    ML - Laurent Robert, 38, French
    MC - Andrew Mitchell, 22, Northern Irish
    MC - Darren Williams, 36, English
    ST - Christian Nade, 29, French
    ST - Gilles Sunu, 23, French

-

Season Summary

In our second season in the Blue Square Premier we didn't really manage to attract much better players to the club, so a few signings here and there was all I managed. The team was probably a bit better than the one we had last year, and with Gilles Sunu playing a fair bit better, we managed to finish a very nice 10th place. The finances improved a bit, only due to a slight rise in attendance due to a slight rise in the quality of performances.

The season was a lot similar to last season, apart from the fact the last few months we managed a good run of form which lead to a rise up the table. Promotion was never on the cards, but perhaps with a few signings next season we might just manage it. I think if Sunu has a very good year, then we might have a very good year too.

-

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
    2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier     19th         None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier     10th         None

Amateur

can anyone join in. never done thos before but would love to give it a go ?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GavinR View Post
    can anyone join in. never done thos before but would love to give it a go ?
    Yes, anyone can join at any time. Just read the opening post carefully, it should explain everything.

Amateur

I have gave it a good read and I am now on holiday it sounds great. Used to write fm stories for fmgraphics but noone really read them so gave up. Hope people take as much time to read others games as I do.

Crossing fingers for oxford Utd

Just to clarify, I can sign anyone cant I ?. Say i wanted someone on a free I can >

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GavinR View Post
    Just to clarify, I can sign anyone cant I ?. Say i wanted someone on a free I can >
    The only restriction is that you have to be able to scout them, or actually have them in on trial before you can sign them.

Amateur

cheers mate

Amateur

problem

where the file go

in sports interactive - db - then where

World Cup Winner

The locations are in the opening post

Amateur

I know but there is no location like that in my documents

I have sports interactive - db - then its empty

World Cup Winner

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt

It is not in your documents, it is in Program Files.

Amateur

ohh im a ........

Amateur

Been sacked by January. Not surprisingly either having won about 4 games so far.

O wel..Reload!

Amateur

Amateur

good luck

nice skin btw

Amateur

Amateur

I'm a little behind everyone else, but here's my starting profile:

Starting Profile

Amateur

Drewski. Boston United. Championship. 2017/2018

Out first ever season in the Championship, and with the squad I had I did not think that we would be able to survive unless there was a massive overhaul, so, after signing a bunch of players we surprised ourselves and the rest of the division by finishing in mid-table, we started the season very well, accumulating enough points to make sure that we would not be involved in a relegation battle come the end of the season, graph

Squad - Defense was solid, midfield was competent, and my strikers were able to get into double figures, so overall, not bad; Kilgallon - solid in the heart of defense, his experience was valuable at the back, and with his age I will look to bring in someone younger next season; McCartney - only signed him in January but he had an immediate impact with his defensive abilities, he will be one to watch next season; Wallace - better of the two main strikers, although some of his play was a bit unconvincing, I have two more strikers coming in so he will most likely leave.

Transfers - crap went out, also made over £3m in sales, Fenton was only with us for 6 months before he left for £2.5m, hopefully I'll get some kind of budget next season.

Finances - we've become a selling club now, our 6k capacity stadium cannot cope with the wages and other expenditures, so unless we move to a new stadium we're stuck with selling players etc.

Me

Aims for next season:

Improve squad.
    Move up the table.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 78 ... LastLast