+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 77 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,700 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

World Cup Winner

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

With a dominant league win last season we were hopeful of a good first season in the new league.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We had a mixed start but then about half way through hit a fantastic run of form which also coincided in a lot of the cup games. We climbed up to an automatic promotion spot in 2nd but then lost it. In the run in to the end of the season we lost to a few of the teams around us and threw away a lot of points, in the end settling for a playoff place.
    Playoff semi leg 1- things were not looking good as we were struggling before we weont down to ten men. Then, a very soft penalty was given for a push at a corner. We scored, then sat back and managed to pick them off on the break to take an unlikely 2-0 win back home. The one bad bit of news is that António Silva got injured and will miss the next match and the final should we make it.

Playoff semi leg 2 - very similar to the first match, things were all one way then as they looked for the equaliser we picked them off twice on the counter attack. We meet Oldham in the final, the team that beat us in the playoff final two years ago.

Playoff final -
    revenge is mine! It very nearly wasn't though as Oldham dashed our hopes on a number of occasions. We started the match brightly, taking the game to Oldham and taking a deserved lead. Oldham then equalised against the run of play and started to control the game. Extra time begun and once again we took control with a goal, but as we hung on for dear life they scored with just a couple of minutes left. Penalties would decide the outcome and as Oldham missed their first it looked in our hands as Matteo Dalmasso had the chance to put us in the Championship, but missed. Sudden death took its toll on Oldham as our goalie made his second save of the shootout, giving Pencho Nikolov the chance to win it for us, which he took.

FA Cup - it was a magical cup run that featured wins over Premier League opposition in Hull and Birmingham. Our run was ended in a thriller against Sheffield United.

Carling Cup - this competition is a waste of time while at our level, the only bonus is a little boost to the finances.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - we made our way easily enough to the final, but lost to promotion rivals Bradford.

Transfers - the addition of a Bulgarian scout has brought a few quality Bulgarians into my team. I would have liked to have kept Mitrovic, but that bid saved my finances which were at £600k in the red at one point.

Squad -
    we've got enough quality to rotate the squad now but we are still quite weak in defence.

Key Player Profiles:

Craig McShea - once again he was our top scorer, from the AMC position. He was just lethal at breaking into the box late, often running through the gap between the two central defenders.

António Silva - a classy striker who had a decent season after being released by Monaco.

Lukman Haruna - the rock in the midfield, who also provided a decent number of assists from set pieces.

Paris Cowan-Hall - despite a lot of new arrivals, he has held him place in the team with a series of impressive performances.

Shane McDermott
    - the only player I've ever spent money on (£35k). He's a DM really but I've been using him at DC while Haruna was fit.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    Next Season

This really was an unexpected promotion, so things are going to be very difficult next season, safety is all I'm after. The squad will definitely need strengthening so hopefully my scouting limitations will be altered so I can look further abroad for cheap talent.

About time too!
    Last edited by dafuge; 15-11-2009 at 15:47.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Haven't played my save very much lately due to the new cod and fifa releases but now i am ready to continue.

Atm i am just outside the playoffs in the bsp after 10 games. Finances are getting worse but my plan is to try and get promotion this season and then settle in lge 2 for a while where hopefully match attendances will be much higher.

Congratz dafuge on a good season, very good fa cup run which you went out of with a bang . Unlucky about the fa trophy though, aslo congratz on the new training and youth facilities, doesnt look like ill be getting any soon with my finances

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 1 - 2015/16

About time too!
    Is that all it costs to upgrade your facilities, my board are keep on refusing to do it with £500K in the bank

Amateur

Where have they hidden 'Media Prediction' this year, I thought I'd looked everywhere and not found it? Cheers

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by fatgra View Post
    Where have they hidden 'Media Prediction' this year, I thought I'd looked everywhere and not found it? Cheers
    It's in the same place as before, the team information page. You might have to scroll down though, it drops off the bottom on my screen.

With eight games to play Nantwich are finally save from relagation, which is good considering we are in freefall at the moment and are being hammered by everyone as my players seem to have given up

Rebuilding for next season is going to be fun - I am £1.5K p/w over my wage budget - with just 20 players (plus 13 yth players who I cannot get rid of without giving them money), though my wage budget doesn't really matter as anyone decent I can find wants at least £200 a week appearance fee which is more than my board will let me pay (largly because it will quickly bankrupt us)

Youth Team

Right, qualified for the League One playoffs, I think I spent all but 4 weeks of the season outside of them but snuck in when it counted

If I win them, that's consecutive promotions from BSS to Championship... wish me luck!

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    If I win them, that's consecutive promotions from BSS to Championship... wish me luck!
    Doesn't sound like you need it

Youth Team

Doesn't sound like you need it
    Probably did, just lost the semi-final 6-0 on aggregate! I created more CCC's would you believe

Amateur

Playing as Tonbridge in the BSS, I've lost my first four games, scoring one goal. No motivation for this anymore.
    Any ideas for a good striker?
    Last edited by arsenalboy; 15-11-2009 at 18:19.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Probably did, just lost the semi-final 6-0 on aggregate! I created more CCC's would you believe
    Ouch

Youth Team

Season 4 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 6th, Play-Off Semi-Finalists (Table)
    Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Southern Semi-Final (lost v Norwich)
    FA Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Gillingham)
    League Cup - 2nd Round (lost v Peterborough)

Transfers

Another slow start, picking up in the middle, and promised to be another fairytale finish - but my players decided to bottle it and lose the play-off semi-final 6-0 on aggregate

It's probably a good thing though as whenever we've come up against Championship teams in the cups they've really schooled us - and I don't fancy a whole season of that just yet. A couple of good transfers and more good development from my academy and I think we should be pushing for an automatic promotion next season.

Slightly worried about the finances - despite making a transfer profit of £300k and being £4k per week under the wage budget, we only made £160k profit across the season. Something to definitely watch out for.

Code:
    Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2025/2026 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: Our season got off to a bang with a 3-1 win over Man Utd in the Community Shield, this good start carried on to an extent (we never dropped below mid-table) but we were a little inconsistent and didn't hit our stride until about midseason. Although we never mounted a true challenge for the title we stuck in the Champions League position for the whole 2nd half of the season and ended up repeating last years position of 2nd.

Cup review:
    FA Cup- a disappointing 4th round exit to West Brom.
    League Cup- Semi final loss to Aston Villa.
    Community Shield- Winners.
    Champions League- Semi final loss to Man City.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
    2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
    2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
    2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
    2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
    2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
    2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
    2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
    2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None
    2025/26    Premier League             2nd         Community Shield winners

Part-Timer

FM2010 finally arrived, so I have started as Boreham Wood. Here's my profile:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f9...10/profile.jpg

Amateur

Five losses and 1 draw from six. Goals for - 4. Goals against - 16

I quit.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalboy View Post
    Five losses and 1 draw from six. Goals for - 4. Goals against - 16

I quit.
    I had a similar start to that in League 2, 4 straight losses then one draw.

Good job I didn't quit, I made the playoffs.

QPR have just offered me one of their players for £7m

Amateur

Quite a poor start to my first season, unbelievable how many penalties are given against me.

Part-Timer

Youth Team

I had a similar start to that in League 2, 4 straight losses then one draw.

Good job I didn't quit, I made the playoffs.
    Very true - I've just made a decent start to a league season for the first time ever with Merthyr and we've been promoted 3 times out of 4 seasons definitely worth persevering

First Team Squad Member
    Yaya Sanogo is now 227 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

Nantwich Town F.C.

Manager Profile

Nantwich Town, Season 1, 2010-11 - Blue Square North

Finished - 15th

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad
    Transfers

The annually, ever shambolic... AI Team of the Year!

-

Season Summary

I plead with you guys not to judge me, I'm not turning lazy. I hate the shambles that is the AI's Team of the Year with a passion, but at the end of this first season, I saw that the XI selected was the same as mine. This admittedly, was very surprising, and I imagine when I alt-tabbed over to notepad, the comparison I made between the two matching XI's can't have been too dis-similar to when lottery winners compare their tickets to the winning numbers on their television screens.

Moving swiftly on to slightly more important issues, this was the first season in my second dafuge's challenge attempt on FM10. I have analyzed my errors, I have learned from my mistakes, I have the MEAN, GREEN, Nantwich Town on my side this time!

The season was never going to be a particularly easy one, I always find that the first seasons never are. Not only do I have to assemble a brand new squad, I have to bring in members of staff in each area. Whilst doing this I have to have a tactic planned out so that the players I bring in suit the way I want to play. Then I have to create that tactic whilst still bringing players in because the season is starting. Then I have to accept that I can't bring anymore players in because the wage budget is over, and none of the crappier players are wanted by any other club. Then I have to create a newer tactic that will suit the players that I have bought in. Then I have to watch the team play the exact opposite to how I had imagined they'd play, and linger around the relegation places for the best part of 10 months. One part of me utterly detests this, but in hindsight, this is what my dafuge's challenge attempts are all about. This is the exact reason that I try and inevitably fail to complete this challenge every single year, and I absolutely love it!

P.S -

I'll give you a proper end of season summary at the end of the second season, I promise!

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

It's 2017 and Titus Bramble just scored a corner goal against me. He was the set piece taker....

Semi Pro

Sutton United - BSP 2011-2012

Another automatic promotion with a record number of points. It does help when you have the meanest defence in the league with a keeper that keeps regular cleansheets.
    As for the cups, we managed to get to the second round of the FA Cup and lost to League 1 side Coventry
    The FA Trophy saw us beat Barnet on penalties to earn out first visit to Wembley in the final. York took us all the way, but we eventually won in injury time with almost the last kick of the game
    The winning margin should have been much higher, but the York keeper was clearly man of the match

The squad was pretty much solid all season and I did a fair amount of rotation, hence the 2 strikers getting more then 20 goals and another 2 getting double figures.
    I managed to get a few really good players transferred in, but so far no big money transfers out.

Player of the season Richard Logan was immense for pretty much the whole season. I needed a striker whose fairly good in the air to complement the midgets I've got.
    Lescinel Jean-Francois is Sutton's first full international player with Haiti. I am a little disappointed in him, he has a small discipline problem and more importantly he's not managed to turn a single ref into a zombie
    I have high hopes of Paris Cowan-Hall and he mande a good parntership with Logan upfront.
    Last season's top scorer Andy Pugh did fairly well when called upon, but his striker partner last season Matt Bowman struggled and was replaced by Pugh and Cowan-Hall, even though he started the season well.
    Marcos Painter is rated as a decent Championship player and did well, but I have the feeling that his lack of pace may be an issue in League 2. I may have to have him defend only so that he doesn't get caught out of position by a pacy winger.
    Francisco Duran really should have done much better then he did this season. I was hoping for a couple more goals and a few more assists.
    Chris Herd seems to perform well alongside Duran and got British citizenship a few months after I signed him due to his time at Aston Villa.

In other news, I got my first job offer with Barnsley who were relegated from the Champsionship this season.
    We have also got a new sponsership deal, the old one was £7.5k a year and the new one is £8k a year. A whole £500 per year extra to spend
    Now for the bad news. The club is in the process of a takeover and I may be replaced by Graham Heathcote. It's already stalled once and now I'm under a transfer embargo

Aims for next season:
    1. Stay employed by Sutton United.
    2. Stay in League 2.
    3. Get to actually sign some players to replace the deadwood that have been released.
    4. Replenish my backroom staff. I've already made a start on that with a better ass man, a new scout or 2, physio and a few new coaches. This may help me make the best of my weakened squad until I get some replacements in.

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11    Blue Square South          1st         Promoted as champions
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier        1st         Promoted as champions, FA trophy winners

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post
    We have also got a new sponsership deal, the old one was £7.5k a year and the new one is £8k a year.
    I was still on £5k per year until the start of my second season in League One - it's now gone up to £40k thankfully!

Semi Pro

£40k seems quite good for League 1.

I also seem to have got 3 parachute payments beacue of promotions, so that's a total of another £90k in the bank.

Nantwich Town – League Two 2012/13 – Season 3

So Season Three see's Nantwich Town make their Football League debut and turn pro.

The expectations were to try and avoid relagation, with a wage budget of less than £7K p/w that should be fun, the bookies didn't give us much chance either.

Transfers - Finding quality players who's wage demands I could meet proved rather hard, with pretty much the only players I could sign were players who'd been without a club for a season or more and were pretty desperate, after we'd officialy become a League Two side I could only attract Daniel Nardiello to the club. My squad depth was provided by what few players I could loan in. In January I somewho managed to tempt West Ham youngster George Moncur to the club.

Player sales was basicaly selling anyone I could to raise some funds - with Scottish Defender Adam Hunter disappearing off to Wales for an impressive £200K (Where do they get all that money from?) after I couldn't afford his wage demands.

The parachute payments helped us out as we got £60K for nothing.

So with the need for money I hoped to do well in the Cups to raise some funds and our reputation.

Our Carling Cup debut saw a full house as we took on Championship side Blackburn, and we gave a good fight with Blackburn snatching a late 2-1 victory. Though the fans weren't best pleased with our defeat.

The FA Cup saw us need to late goals to beat Barnet in the first round, in the second round we drew League One Rochdale, were a late Darren Huckerby goal salvaged a draw for Rochdale, in the replay Rochdale proved to strong for us as my defence crumpled and we lost 4-3 - though not sure how my Keeper got a 7.7 rating?

The Paint Trophy went better as we beat League One Stockport and Port Vale, before beating Chesterfield on pens to set up a North Semi Final against struggling Lincoln who promptly hammered us

In League Two we got off to a slow start, before finding ourselves in third place with a quarter of the season gone, however our form quickly fell as by the halfway stage we were down in mid-table, in the second half of the season we recovered to reclimb the table but injuries started to take their toll and at the three-quarter stage we ran out of steam and fell into free-fall, though our early season form meant we were safe from relagation and with a couple of games left we recovered some form.

So with one game left the table looked like this - four of use have a chance of the last playoff spot with just two points between.

The Final game of the season saw both Cheltenham and Cambridge lose, meaning if either Oxford or ourselves could win one of us would claim the final playoff spot.

Somehow against all the odds we turned in our performance of the season smashing Burton 5-0 meaning even a draw for Cheltenham wouldn't have been enough, however things weren't to be as Oxford won 2-0 and claimed the playoff spot. Which is good as we would have been hammered in League One.

Final Table and POS Graph.

Squad - Considering what I'm working with 8th place was a mircale.

Scottish U21 Keeper Grant Adam continues as my #1, keeping an impressive 14 clean sheets in the league, though we did conceed 49 goals in the other 27 games he played in.

Phil Ifil continued at right back before injury ruled him out for the second half of the season, providing cover was youth player Richard Mason who covered well. On the left Grant Basey was in fine form before injury ended his season before Christmas, Bulgarian Marko Krushovski proved to be a solid deputy.

The Centre of Defence proved to be a real problem this season as each of my centre backs would disappear in several games, Mansour Assoumani proved to be the most reliable of them, whilst Daniel Ayala showed glimpses of his ability, whilst former Man Utd Youngster Chris Kirk joined us in January and is highly rated by my staff, but I do really need a couple of solid reliable centre-backs.

On the Wings ex-Arsenal youngster Sanchez Watt was brought in and whilst my staff raved out him he was pretty useless, he can run and that is about it, Crewe loanee Ajay Leitch-Smith showed Watts what a winger should do as he was in fine form. On the left wing another high profile signing let me down - Former Liverpool Youngster Vincent Weijl was highly rated but just didn't perform. Luckily my other signing Stephen Brogan stepped up and was deadly on the left.

In the centre of midfield it was all change also, with James Dunee struggling in the defensive role, French midfielder Baptiste Manceau was brought in. Though possibly my best signing was former Man Utd youngster Norwegian Magnus Eikrem who bossed the midfield and was voted Fans Player of the year, providing cover was promising youngster George Moncur who was signed on a free from West Ham.

We had a change upfront aswell as Daniel Nardiello was brought in as a Target Man after he'd been released by Blackpool and he proved to be a quality signing grabbing 17 goals from 23 games it's just a shame he's rather injury prone, playing off Nardiello as a Poacher was James Keatings who grabbed 11 goals from 24 appearances, providing cover for Nardiello was an equally injury prone Lukas Jutkiewicz, whilst Fitzharris covered Keatings.

The League Two Facts show how out matched we are - the top earner earns nearly twice what my entire squad does in a week, whilst my average wage is a third of the leagues - I cannot even field a team of XI players on the average wage.

Whilst the Stats show we gave away 22 goals this season thanks to mistakes.

Finances - not good we only made money due to the sale of Hunter.

Overview Screen and Manager Profile, whilst it looks like I've started to get noticed first I am linked with the Swindon job and then I'm offered the Bristol Rovers job.

Confidence - still Untouchable, though the fans aren't best pleased about me having to sell everyone.

Best XI and Overall XI - still holding up well.

Scouting Knowledge - signing Prosinecki and a French Scout help out.

Whilst the board finally decides to upgrade our facilites.

So the plan for next season is to hopefully strengthen my team and make a push for promotion.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
    2012/13        League Two                8th

I've just noticed that my youth team in three seasons hasn't actually produced a Keeper, is anyone else's youth teams generating Keepers?

Third Team

Just won promotion with Boston Utd from the Blue Square North. Finished first with a game to go. Gonna play that and then upload a season summary.

Reserves

Mine is Michael.

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Well aint that just fantastic!!!!!!!!

Just confirmed a play off spot for my Kings Lynn side in League 2 at the 3rd season of asking, and then CRASH DUMP

Followed by , unable to load save game

But hey, whats 7 seasons worth of hard work

Guess i am starting again

Back to the BSN i go, feels like i just got relegated

Part-Timer

Ouch Pventress!

I just cant stop drawing

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Ouch Pventress!

I just cant stop drawing

Yeah, is gutting, but i guess it should be quicker to get back, learning from my experience and knowing some players.

As for drawing, i feel your pain, second season in Leaguie 2 i drew 23 out of 46 games

Part-Timer

Just i dominate games, and draw.

My strikers are apparently ready for League 2 already yet they can't seem to score in the BSP!

Just always seems to happen, i do good get into a decent position and draw my way down to 11th

Amateur

I was pretty much the opposite, scored hatfuls, but just couldnt keep them out at the other end,

Often i would go 2 or 3 up only to see a monumental fightback from the opposition to draw.

Didnt seem to matter if i shut up shop or not

Part-Timer

Lol Emile Heskey has just been named as new Ipswich manager!

I hope that NEVER happens
    Last edited by glennuk; 16-11-2009 at 00:38.

Amateur

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

A rather poor season which saw me tearing my hair out a hell of a lot. Tried to bring in as few new faces as possible while keeping a competitive squad in order to try and ease the finances. Clearly it didnt work. I was struggling to compete and not only that, I was still losing money despite being nearly £2K under my budget of £4K. I was in the bottom 4 facing relegation with 7 games to go but managed to win 5 of my last 7 to secure survival. Had to find a few more frees in late Jan/February to help me stay up though. Cup runs were poor aswell. Had a great chance to make the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Was leading Morecambe in injury time but they scored a late equaliser to take me to a replay, which I then lost comfortably. Wouldve faced Oxford City in the 2nd round aswell, which I would have been strong favourites for. Desperately need some money from a cup run.

Blue Square South - 18th
    FA Cup - Lost in 1st Round (v Morecambe)
    FA Trophy - Lost in 1st Round (v Bromley)

Screenies:
    League Table
    Position Graph
    Finances
    Transfers
    Manager Profile

Next season I would love to see myself pushing for a playoff spot. Probably a bit optimistic based on this season but most of the squad are out of contract in the summer and I'm just going to let them go and rebuild. Am desperate for a cup run next season too. The finances are shocking. Average attendance of over 500 would be nice.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 14th
    2011/12       BSS                 2nd                      Promoted via Playoffs    
    2012/13       BSP                 18th

Amateur

Billericay 2015-2016

A long season but surprising success after being promoted to CCL2 I was expecting a relegation battle but early form saw us well embedded in the top half of the table. A good run at the end of the season saw me just grab a playoff spot. Semi against Bradford who I hadn't failed to beat previously and goals galore saw me through to the playoff final 7-5 on aggregate.

Accrington for the final was tough I'd drawn both times I'd played them before and switched to a counter-attacking tactic for the final which paid off with a great 2-0 win. So rather than fighting to survive I gained promotion.

League Table
    Positions

Finances really got better this season with a healthy profit (unlike last season which had heavy losses). Hopefully the board will give me some funds to get some players for CCL1 as I doubt I can expect similar progress without some serious player replacements.

Finances

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2011/12       BSS                 12th     
    2012/13       BSS                 5th                       Promoted via Playoffs                
    2013/14       BSP                 6th
    2014/15       BSP                 1st                       Champions
    2015/16       CC2                 7th                       Promoted via Playoffs
    Last edited by Burrator; 16-11-2009 at 01:08.

Amateur

Carshalton - BSP 2011/12

So in my second season I managed to get 2nd in the BSP which I was extremely happy about as the media predicted I would come 23rd. I was sitting in 1st with the last game of the season to be played, me and Wrexham were on the same points but I had much better goal difference, they won their last game and I lost mine.

League Table

Graph

Playoff semi final 1st leg

Playoff semi final 2nd leg

Playoff final

I had a decent run in the FA Cup beating Northampton in the 2nd round but losing to Carlisle in the 3rd round. However I had a terrible FA Trophy campaign, getting beat in the 1st round by Wimbledon.

FA Cup

FA Trophy

I made a few transfers this season but got rid of way more player than I braught in and made a lot less transfers than last season.

Transfers

Best Players

Daniel Ayala was brilliant in the centre of defence.

Matt Spring was a brilliant player at MC with some very important goals.

In a season where i often rotated my strikers Sean Ekon stuck out as the best of a brilliant bunch.

Because of the decent cup run and the brilliant attendance at Wembley for the play off final my finances are amazing for a club of my size.

Finances

Goals for 2012/2013

I think my main goal for next season is to win promotion to League 2. Also hope to get a decent cup run.

Amateur

just took over Kendal Town.. anyone else Kendal .. tips?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Just won promotion with Boston Utd from the Blue Square North. Finished first with a game to go. Gonna play that and then upload a season summary.
    Yeah that's gonna take a while to post. Play on a comp different to this and had to stop playing before the playoffs finished so I could post everything proper.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    I've just noticed that my youth team in three seasons hasn't actually produced a Keeper, is anyone else's youth teams generating Keepers?
    Yup mines produced a decent one even!

Amateur

Kenwyne - 2010/11 - Oxford City - BSN

My Wealdstone game crashed before it began really, so went with Oxford City. Profile.

Started slowly, hovered around mid table until February, then switched to a narrow midfield diamond and went on a seven game winning streak, where I didn't concede a goal. This form carried through to the end of the season where I finished 3rd. An indifferent first half of the season cost me the title.

Transfers

Table
    Playoff semi leg 1
    Playoff semi leg 2
    Playoff final

Completely dictated the final, but they scored with pretty much the only two attacks they had, while my players just kept shooting from distance (and hit the post/bar three times).

Key players

James Clarke - Mr Consistent at right back. Had the highest average rating in the division.
    Jermaine McSporran - Aging and hopeless physically, but got away with it playing just behind the strikers. Injured for the playoffs which was costly.
    Bradley Thomas - Signed from St Albans, a mainstay in the centre of defence and a danger at set pieces.
    Tim Kiely - Went through a couple of dry spells, but did enough to be top scorer.

Honours

MOTM February
    MOTM March
    Clarke POTM February
    Clean sheet record

Anything less than promotion next season will obviously be an underachievement. Will probably try to strengthen a couple of areas but my squad should be strong enough as it is.

Amateur

Second season done with Cambridge City!
    well the second season went much better than the previous one, this season my defense was solid as a rock. And because of that we can now call us champions of Blue Square North - Sweet !

In the cups, there is not much to write home about.. In the FA trophy we lost to Carlshalton 0-1 home, and in the FA cup we lost in the 4th round Qual. to Histon after playing 1-1 home and lost 1-3 away. But the cups was never a goal, so its was okay.

League table:
    Tranfers:
    Confidence:

Only one thing is "bad" that is my finances. My balance is "red" and I hope it will change now when we got promoted to blue square premier.
    Finances:

Career Overview:
    Code:

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North           1th.        Champions of Blue Square North.

Amateur

Bloody hell! We have our monthly expenses in the black, finished second, pleased with my signings and my wage budget control and yet my job status is insecure because we need to perform "better" in the BSN.

I've finished 2nd and lost the play offs btw :|

Amateur

Hmm, all I've been doing is poring over lists of players on who to sign. It really is impossible to look for players for BSN sides!

bah just played 2-2 vs Walsall in the FA Cup... they scored with a penal in the 92" minute

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by JakeToonGull View Post
    just took over Kendal Town.. anyone else Kendal .. tips?

Yes just me!

Keep Walmsley! Make sure he takes your freekicks and train him to shoot them with power.

He scores an average of 6 free kicks a season for me, and has an average rating of over 7.00 in each of my 3 seasons so far. Good right back for the BSN, and although i have better for the BSP he has won my heart and a few games for us!

Other than that, the wage bill is crap and i have never had any money to spend, so try your best to find good free transfers!

Amateur

20 games into my second season, sitting 15th

20 games..... 20 goals scored.... 20 goals conceded.... 26 points on the board

Still only 7 points from the play offs but Southport are running away with 44 points already

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Steviedaniels View Post
    20 games into my second season, sitting 15th

20 games..... 20 goals scored.... 20 goals conceded.... 26 points on the board

Still only 7 points from the play offs but Southport are running away with 44 points already
    Southport blitzed the BSN in my first season, they won it with about 6 games to spare.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Yes just me!

Keep Walmsley! Make sure he takes your freekicks and train him to shoot them with power.

He scores an average of 6 free kicks a season for me, and has an average rating of over 7.00 in each of my 3 seasons so far. Good right back for the BSN, and although i have better for the BSP he has won my heart and a few games for us!

Other than that, the wage bill is crap and i have never had any money to spend, so try your best to find good free transfers!
    Well there's me too =) Here's my manager profile!

Have only played half a season and lying in mid-table. Don't think I can offer much tips! The players who are willing to come are pretty crap in my opinion. Haha.

Right, back to my game the most WTF happend... Just played Walsall at home (sold out tickets!!) and d e s t r o y e d them with 5-0!! lol...

Anyone had a game like this? I just won 1-2 away vs Accrington and the referee gave both teams in total: 10 yellow cards and 2 red... haha

Amateur

I just caved and went out and bought FM10. So I guess I should do this challenge again,
    I might do more interesting reports this time, too!

Going to go for a new club no one's done it with before, any ideas please?

52 minutes left for my patch.. Oh I love the fact steam never gives me 8mg download
    Last edited by Cysne; 16-11-2009 at 14:46.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tejaswi View Post
    Hmm, all I've been doing is poring over lists of players on who to sign. It really is impossible to look for players for BSN sides!
    I'd advise using your assistant manager's recommendations, they really helped me out in the early going.

Amateur

The players that come up in the backroom advice are a good start. They can come up with some crackers

Cysne - I don't think anyone is managing Hemel, but the problem is that only the ones with the higher reputation seem to get promoted

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by looking busy View Post

Cysne - I don't think anyone is managing Hemel, but the problem is that only the ones with the higher reputation seem to get promoted
    That is always the problem, guess I will do alot of reloading.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    I'd advise using your assistant manager's recommendations, they really helped me out in the early going.
    Also sometimes your other coaches have suggestions in Backroom Advice. I've signed a few players from both suggestions.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne View Post
    That is always the problem, guess I will do alot of reloading.
    I tried to get Hemel but after an hour of reloading i got bored and went for King's Lynn

Amateur

Also sometimes your other coaches have suggestions in Backroom Advice. I've signed a few players from both suggestions.
    I've found the backroom advice better than the scouting. The scouts have come up with a few but the problem is they seem to only be picking players who are fit for the Blue Square North. Whereas I want players who will be able to play in the division above.

Semi Pro

Exactly my point, I got advice about Chris Herd and Francisco Duran from backroom advice and IRL they're currently in the reserves of Aston Villa and Liverpool.

It's always worth sending a scout to have a look at suggested players from both the ass man's team report and the backroom advice. Sometimes the player might be half a star and sometimes they could be 4 and a half star players and they mostly do seem interested in signing for you even in the BSS/BSN, whereas a scout's suggestion probably won't be interested.

Duran is doing wonders for me in the midfield...

Amateur

Is this the year?

I'm home to Liverpool for the final game, Chelsea are home vs. Sunderland and my best player is out.

Amateur

Talk about a nail biting finish, Chelsea were leading (and went on to win) so I was destined for another 2nd place finish until the 94th minute.

Is this the year?

I'm home to Liverpool for the final game, Chelsea are home vs. Sunderland and my best player is out.
    Mmm, good luck then Gareth

Congratulations with your title!! Hows the CL going?

Reserves

That's great. Well played Gareth.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Congratulations with your title!! Hows the CL going?
    Thanks!
    I've been knocked out in the CL semi final for the past two seasons now. I thought I would make it to the final this year after beating Barca 2-0 in the first leg, but then we had this aberration in the second leg.

Hmm that sucks, but now you can set everything aside for CL next year

Amateur

Finally a new stadium!

Only 29015 capacity and no roof but it will do.

Amateur

Finally a new stadium!

Only 29015 capacity and no roof but it will do.
    Have you still been ground sharing with Bury until now?

Amateur

Have you still been ground sharing with Bury until now?
    Yeah I've been at Gigg Lane up to this point.

Third Team

Are new stadiums still built in the town you're ground-sharing or do you go back to the town you belong in?

In the last version with Maidstone I got a new stadium in Sittingbourne rather than Maidstone.

Amateur

Nantwich Town FC - (2010/11) - Blue Square North

Predicted to finish 20th by the media, I said I'd keep us up.

League Table
    League Positions
    Results 1
    Results 2
    Results 3

Started off slowly with 1 point from 3 games, but as I gradually added to the squad we were never really in danger of relegation. I was hopeful of a playoff spot but we ending up gatecrashing the league, going top after 35 games. There we remained until after the 41st game, successive defeats having destroyed our 5 point lead. However, victory over Tamworth, combined with Vauxhall falling to defeat, saw us clinch an unexpected title, and with it, promotion at the first time of asking.

There was a pitiful effort in the
    FA Cup, losing to lower league opposition at the first attempt. We managed a decent run in the FA Trophy though, knocking out Gainsborough Trinity of the BSP.

Transfers
    Squad

It took a while to hire a scout, and then signings came in dribs and drabs throughout the season. There's still a fair amount of deadwood, and an overhaul is needed for next season.

Key Players

Sean Fitzharris
    only started playing when my other forwards forgot how to score, but was instrumental in our rise up the table.

Jared Hodgkiss is a solid right back who should do a job for the next few seasons.

The story so far

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square North       1st         BSN Champions

First priority will again be safety, I need to do some wheeling and dealing if we're to challenge.

Part-Timer

I think i've succeded in signing the least professional player ever. Signed a young French player on a free, he was formerly at Man U who had payed 1.5 Million for him 2 seasons before.
    Described as tempermental, by the end of august he has missed 2 matches and 1 training session after going to nightclubs .
    As he is a first teamer he won't accept any tutoring, he got angry when i suggested it and angry when i warned him for missing a match.

Amateur

2011/12- Billericay Town - Blue Square Premier

League Position - 2nd
    TABLE
    GRAPH

Pretty straightforward season really, as you can see from the graph. We started off a little slow as I was busy snapping up every half-decent free my AssMan could put in front of me, but once we gelled a bit we stayed at the top all season long. Barnet was pretty clearly the class of the league and certainly a nemesis for me, so it was the playoff lottery once again.

Playoff semi was pretty much a walk, a 0-2 in the first leg on goals from Michael Standing and Calvin Andrew meant I could play pretty safe in the second. It wasn't necessary though as Andrew popped up with a hattrick in a 4-1 demolition for a comfortable 6-1 agg win over Kidderminster.

The playoff final pitted us against Cambridge. I wish I could tell the story in a way that made the game interesting, but other than my stikers missing a hatful of chances in the first half, my dour, defensive, longball-hoofing squad managed a 1-0 when Callum Harrison buried a 25-footer. We're going up!

The cups were a little better this year. In the FA Cup we got to the 2nd round, grabbing Gillingham as Billericay's biggest scalp to date in the 1st round and then dropping out via a 1-3 in the replay against Shrewsbury. Results.

We made it to the FA Trophy final for a run-out at Wembley, but Barnet were too strong and too rested as we were battling in the play-offs. We never really looked like winning, but battled to bring the match to penalties before succumbing. Results.

TRANSFERS.

Highlights of the squad this season:

Lewis Guy - The striker signed on free and was the pacy half of my preferred strikeforce, contributing the goals Kyle Wilson was unable to regularly at this level.

Calvin Andrew - Andrew was the large half of the strikeforce and contributed inconsistent but valuable goals.

Callum Harrison - The midfielder was my most consistent man in the middle of the park, and popped up with a few key goals.

Daniel Jones - Primarily a left winger but a marauding fullback for me, he is undoubtedly my best player and one of the few who is really L2 class.

FINANCES

For next season, I think we have a sufficient squad to not get relegated in League 2, but the money is really going to be an issue. This team will get a whole lot more expensive when we go pro and my sad, sad, wage budget is not going to cover it. I'll have to let almost all my depth go and hope we can stay healthy.

Billericay Town
    2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round, FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round
    2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 2nd round, FA Trophy - Final

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2026/2027 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: After finishing as runner up for the Premier League crown for the past two seasons I really wanted this to be my year, and our start was great leading to a 6 point lead by Christmas. As the Champions league and FA Cup schedule started heating up our fixture list became very busy, and while I don't want to blame that for a loss in the form, the two did coincide very nicely. With about 4 games to go it looked as though Chelsea and their 5 point lead would hold strong, but we were able to come back at them and ended up winning the league by one point thanks to a 94th minute goal on the final day of the season.

Cup review:
    FA Cup- loss in final to West Ham.
    League Cup- 3rd round exit to Wolves.
    Champions League- Semi final loss to Barcelona.

League Table

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 champions
    2026/27    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwyne View Post
    Kenwyne - 2010/11 - Oxford City - BSN
    Yay another Oxford player
    Nice one on finishing 3rd, that's much better than what I did in the first season. If you want any advice, I'd recommend keeping McSporran; although he's getting on, with the right training he'll develop immensely.

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2026/2027 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: After finishing as runner up for the Premier League crown for the past two seasons I really wanted this to be my year, and our start was great leading to a 6 point lead by Christmas. As the Champions league and FA Cup schedule started heating up our fixture list became very busy, and while I don't want to blame that for a loss in the form, the two did coincide very nicely. With about 4 games to go it looked as though Chelsea and their 5 point lead would hold strong, but we were able to come back at them and ended up winning the league by one point thanks to a 94th minute goal on the final day of the season.

Cup review:
    FA Cup- loss in final to West Ham.
    League Cup- 3rd round exit to Wolves.
    Champions League- Semi final loss to Barcelona.

League Table

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 champions
    2026/27    Premier League             1st         Premier League champions

Cracking season bud, very close there so good luck next season, that Barca result looked like it was a bad day at the office

Part-Timer

Playoff Semi-final leg 1
    Looks like im gonna miss another playoff promotion

Part-Timer

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2012/2013)

Blue Square Premier Prediction - 23
    Blue Square Premier Position - 5

Table Playoff Semi final
    Graph

Summary
    Did good all season although beeing predicted to end as no 23. We kept playing well and ended up in a playoff spot.
    Unfortunaly we sucked ( mainly because my 3 biggest stars of cause were injuried ) and lost in the semi.
    We dont seem to have the playoff luck unfortunaly.
    Another problem is that our finances now are 250k in the red and the board keep injecting us with cash, i hope i can be able to sell somebody soon

Squad

McAusland the top goalscorer! (no playoff)
    Canbaz A massive signing for the team. After one day of trial he was signed and was our best player.(no playoff)
    Matchett New signing, was very stable
    Mcmenamin New signing, looks great for this division (no playoff)

Transfers

Goals for the upcoming season:
    I hope not to go in another play off session, so i aim for the 1st place

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     20010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     20011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Blue Square Premier   20012/13   5th       Playoff semi-final losers
    Last edited by kaNovi; 16-11-2009 at 20:00.

Third Team

Boston United - Season 1 - Blue Square North - 2010/2011

Media Prediction - 15th
    Final Position - 1st
    FA Cup - 1st Round
    FA Trophy - Fourth Round

League Table
    Position Graph
    Transfers
    Finances
    Manager Profile
    Manager Personal

So started off the season with some mediocre and bad performances and ended up in the bottom half after the first 10 games or so. Form managed to pick up after bringing in some more new players and I guess tactics finally sorted and team starting to gel went on some long unbeaten runs and managed to end up in first. Was in the promotion places for the second half of the season and managed to claim first and keep it until the end.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 4th round of the FA Trophy. Got beaten by a BSP team though so fair enough. In the FA Cup I managed to reach the 1st round and got knocked out at home to L2 opposition.

Made a bucket load of signings as you'll see and most helped throughout the season at various points. Have made some new signings for next season already and copped a decent regen and looking to scout an AMC in the Trial Day games as well as managing to get the AssMan I wanted before but wouldn't come and managed to get him now that I'm promoted. Man Utd as parent club too replacing my one season with Norwich. Hoping to use that next season in L2 hopefully if I managed back to back promotions as I did last version.

Awards
    Manager of Season

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions

Semi Pro

Gonna give this a go. The choice in the end came to a coin toss between King's Lynn and Merthyr Tydfil, and the first won, so King's Lynn it is.

Profile.

Semi Pro

I hate board takeovers; my Sutton one is on then its off, then its on, then its off.

Porstmouth was smoother then this one.

And I'm still under a transfer embargo and can't loan players or free agents.

Amateur

I've found the backroom advice better than the scouting. The scouts have come up with a few but the problem is they seem to only be picking players who are fit for the Blue Square North. Whereas I want players who will be able to play in the division above.
    I've been looking at them, but inevitably, all of them are turning out to be ****. The problem is, I'm pretty sure I'd be in the BSP next season and I want to find players who can do a job there. Not many around, but when you find one, they end up being brilliant !

For now, I'm just poring over lists of players on general search whose contracts have expired and also going through the BSP squads to find players whose contracts have expired or are expiring. Also, I've noticed a few of the posters here have filled their teams with Bulgarian (Or was it Belgian?) players. How is this possible without loading the Belgian / Bulgarian league?

Amateur

Another question, why is everyone in the red when it comes to balances? I'm making enough money for the season from the friendlies at the start. Just play your U-18 teams against teams like Boro (40k), Stoke (25k), Boca (45k) multiple times and then arrange friendlies against much smaller clubs for your first team to gel and have a run out against.

Working out well so far for me. Am I breaking any rules?

World Cup Winner

Another question, why is everyone in the red when it comes to balances? I'm making enough money for the season from the friendlies at the start. Just play your U-18 teams against teams like Boro (40k), Stoke (25k), Boca (45k) multiple times and then arrange friendlies against much smaller clubs for your first team to gel and have a run out against.

Working out well so far for me. Am I breaking any rules?
    Not really, although struggling with the debt is all part of the challenge.

Part-Timer

Have two games left of the season thought i need 4 points to get in the playoffs. So far played one lost one!

Still in 5th though.

NEED A WIN, but am AWAY

Semi Pro

I think it's a fair way to do it, its what happens IRL. Going to give this another shot soon, but I want to do it with Boreham Wood as I cant get into any other saves. Anyone got a Boreham Wood HM save lying around? PLEASE?

Part-Timer

Season 2024/25 Review - Kingstonian in the Premier League

League Table
    Past Positions

Binned the old defensive 4-5-1 in favor of a free-flowing 4-4-2 now that we have the players for it. It was pretty much an instant success, keeping us at the top fighting for first place before eventually running away with it. Liverpool put up a brave fight, but were never able to properly bridge the gap. English champions!

Champions League Group G | 1st Knockout Rnd | Qtr Final | Semi Final | Final

What a final! With defensive rock Wilson suspended, new striker ace Ian Smith injured, and creative winger Nardi not quite fit I knew we were going to be shaky at the back and lack some creativity up front, but with both teams coming out all guns blazing it turned into an entertaining night in Glasgow. Dan Cooke, straight out of the brand new Kingstonian youth academy, set the pace right away with a beautiful strike no more than 30 seconds into the game, proving he was the right man to replace Smith. Real was not amused and quickly took over the show, equalizing while our right-back was down injured and going on to bury both 1-2 and 1-3. Cooke had however not had enough and lost two Madrid defenders pushing high up into the pitch with a cheeky first touch, out-paced them down to the keeper and scored his second of the night with a placed shot into the corner of the net. Needing two more for the win we pushed higher up and started pumping balls into the box, a strategy that worked brilliantly at first as Vosselman headed in both 3-3 and 4-3 from long sweeping crosses in from the wings, but less spectacularly as Madrid equalized 4-4 on a counter-attack before we got the chance to regroup into defence. This was going to have to be settled in extra time; bad news for a ragged Real Madrid who looked powerless as Vosselman headed in his third of the night and gifted Schonewille the chance to put the final nail in the coffin from the penalty spot after a clumsy challenge from behind in the penalty area. Extra time ended 6-4 and we were European champions!

The road to the final was a bit shaky as well and certainly not without hiccups and a fair bit of luck. We scraped through on away goals against both Bayern in the 1st knockout round and Anderlecht in the semis, and the deciding goal in Brussels didn't come until three minutes into stoppage time, right about when I was sure we were out. That's not even mentioning the two penalties we were handed earlier in the game to even get in a position to be looking for that final goal.

FA Cup | League Cup

Retained the League Cup, meaning we've completed a terrific treble. Still can't seem to get things right in the FA Cup for whatever reason as we got knocked out by Championship side Blackburn on penalties.

Squad

Very strong this year, all I could really wish for is slightly better fullbacks and a stronger DC backup than Jones. I do however have a couple of youth prospects in mind for that, so fingers crossed one of them will be ready in a season or two. The two highlights are probably Ian Smith (goal-scoring machine) and Dan Cooke (fantastic season for a 17-year-old).

Transfers

Spent a lot to get the last bit of quality needed to put in a serious challenge in both the league and cups, and it paid off. Ian Smith is no doubt the best striker the club has seen, and McDonald and Juárez help form a really solid yet technical midfield, providing a whooping 37 assists between them among other things. Made quite a bit of the money back from selling an aging Mael Causse at an almost criminal price along with a couple of squad players, thus ending up breaking both club records for transfer money in and transfer money out handsomely. Oops.

The First-Choice Line-Up

GK: Yasuhiro Yagi
    DR: Mark Murphy
    DC: Roddy Wilson
    DC: Chris Conrad
    DL: Edwin Schonewille
    MR: Arnaldo Juárez
    MC: Callum McDonald
    MC: Dobri Petrov
    ML: Fabio Nardi
    FC: Ian Smith
    FC: Gerben Vosselman

Code:
    Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
    2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
    2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
    2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
    2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
    2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
    2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
    2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
    2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -
    2019/20    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  2nd       Promotion
    2020/21    Kingstonian    Premier League          14th      -
    2021/22    Kingstonian    Premier League          11th      -
    2022/23    Kingstonian    Premier League          5th       League Cup winners
    2023/24    Kingstonian    Premier League          2nd       League Cup winners
    2024/25    Kingstonian    Premier League          1st       League Cup winners, Champions, Champions League winners

Part-Timer

We are 1-0 up :_)

Walmsley Freekick

1-1

2-1

3-1

WHOOP!

5th in the BSP, Playoffs here we come!

James Walker came off the bench at half time and scored the 2 goals to win it for us!

Unfortunatley he is now injured Could have done with him for the playoffs!

Hes out for 4 weeks

Heres the match
    Last edited by glennuk; 16-11-2009 at 22:32.

Amateur
    Hässleholm, Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe...

Congratulations on completing the challenge SCAB!!!

Semi Pro

Congrats on completing the Challenge scab. Was thinking - could you give us a step by step guide to the best tips for each season based on how you did it? How to get out of the BSS/N, then consolidation in the BSP, promotion etc., all the way up from going from a mid-table team to Championship challengers? Would be helpful to people who struggle a bit more.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    I think it's a fair way to do it, its what happens IRL.
    A one off match between a lower league team and a local big club I can understand, but not a series of matches between a lower league team's youth team and a string of big clubs.

I'd be quite interested to see a link for a fixture list for a lower league club who has had a pre season like that, even if it is to prove me wrong.

Amateur

Quick update: Managed to get Nuneaton promoted first time of asking, albeit via the playoffs I beat Stafford Rangers 3-1 in the playoff final, 2 of those goals in the first half of extra time I might add

Onwards and upwards in the BSP !

Amateur

**** Scab - how the hell do you a) find these players ! and b) produce such good youth

First Team Squad Member
    Yaya Sanogo is now 227 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

Nantwich Town, Season 2, 2011-12 - Blue Square North

Finished - 1st

League Table Link

Past Positions

Squad
    Transfers

The annually, non-AI team of the year

GK - Nathan McDonald, 20, English
    DR - Jared Hodgkiss, 25, English
    DL - Dan Smith, 25, English
    DC - Jack Pearson, 22, English
    DC - Ritchie Sutton, 26, English
    MR - Michael D'Agostino, 25, Canadian
    ML - Junior Brown, 23, English
    MC - Chris Flynn, 24, Welsh
    MC - Kevin Street, 34, English
    ST - Harry Clayton, 19, English ** - Been on loan for 2 years, now an official member after being signed at end of season.
    ST - Colin Heath, 28, English

-

Season Summary

So obviously, after the initiation season, your aims change. Instead of trying to avoid the nasty, black hole of relegation, you begin to push for the dizzy heights of promotion. This could involve you bringing in new players, loan signings, new staff etc. To a certain extent this is exactly what I did. However if you have taken the time to look at the transfers I made, you will see I didn't really make many significant changes to my squad. I don't know if it was whether the squad gelled more, or whether they got better, but whatever it was, it meant that we did a lot better than last year.

A championship win was certainly unexpected, however I think it was more down to the other teams being a lot worse, as we were nothing special. Harry Clayton's story is pretty funny. I manged to get him on loan in the first season, then extended it for 8 months, then got him back on loan until the end of the season a few days after he returned, and then when he left I signed him. If you have looked at my transfer screenshot, you will see upon promotion I signed a few experienced pro's. Most likely Frenchman, Laurent Robert!

-

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square North       15th         None
    2011/12   Blue Square North       1st          Promoted via winning the league

Part-Timer

Well done scab.

Now finished my first leg, dissapointing 1-1 draw at home

Part-Timer

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Congrats on completing the Challenge scab. Was thinking - could you give us a step by step guide to the best tips for each season based on how you did it? How to get out of the BSS/N, then consolidation in the BSP, promotion etc., all the way up from going from a mid-table team to Championship challengers? Would be helpful to people who struggle a bit more.
    Sure. Well, probably not step-by-step, but get a good assistant manager with good JPA/JPP attributes and keep checking the team report regularly for players he recommends, even if you haven't made any changes to the squad. It will change along with the club's scouting knowledge and who's available and was essential for me to get the right players, especially in the lower leagues. Get scouts with knowledge of major countries outside of the UK to widen the area he picks from, foreigners can usually be trialled even if the scouts can't go take a look at them. Tactically I'd suggest to stick to the Rigid/Very Rigid types until, well, until a few seasons into the Premiership. We were always the underdog every single season and could never match the big teams in player quality, so this was the only way to ever beat them.

Another feature I've started (ab)using is player praise/criticism. I basically do this before every single game with players I haven't already done it to in the past month to maximize their morale; it will go straight from Poor to Superb if it succeeds and stay that way for 2 days before usually going down to Very Good. And it's not hard to get right. Add fines to that and I usually get good performances out of everyone on match day. For training I just leave everything on General as long as I have a small squad; injury prevention and fitness is more important. Especially as most players won't stay longer than 1-3 seasons. Maybe I bumped up one or two sliders for specific players, but no more. I only started doing my usual individual training schedules for all players the 2nd season in the Premiership; almost everyone on General until then.

Hmm... I think that's all I can think of right now.

Part-Timer

Gutted lost 1-0 to an 89th minute goal in the second leg, meaning we are out of the playoffs and doomed to spend our 3rd year in the BSP!

Im gutted so think im off to bed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 77 ... LastLast