+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 76 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,600 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

I just had to turn down a chance to move from managing my mighty BSN Bedford to Millwall in league one having been made odds on favourite for the job

Is it just me or is everyone else's fans disappointed about nearly every player you've sold regardles of how well they are doing?

Part-Timer

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    Is it just me or is everyone else's fans disappointed about nearly every player you've sold regardles of how well they are doing?
    I don't usually get a comment, if I do it's the other team's fans praising the other manager for his wheeling and dealing as I'm offloading some player I don't need for cheap. My fans have only been disappointed with losing Pinto, that I can remember.

Part-Timer

Happens more than it should i think but not for every player.
    Had a few they were pleased about me selling!

Amateur

Well I had my "load it up after work" curse and went from 1st down to 9th in a matter of weeks so figured I'd restart with the experience gained (was close to being sacked).

So here we go! Boston Utd 2010/2011 Start

Amateur

Good luck Deman

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 2 - 2014/15

The playoff final defeat last season was hard to take but we we destined to bounce back.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We had a slow start but once we caught up we were unstoppable. Without rotating the squad in the run in we could have easily made 100 points.

FA Cup - we were fine until we met quality opposition.

Carling Cup - we were pretty unlucky to lose to Leeds.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy
    - another decent run but another loss in the semis.

Transfers - the Irish clubs are financing us at the moment but we gave a bit back as we paid for our first ever player.

Squad -
    with a couple of additions this squad should be good enough for League 1.

Key Player Profiles:

Craig McShea - once again he had a great season for us, top scoring from the AMC position.

Michael Hall - another solid performance on the wing.

Danijel Subotic - the best goalscoring record at the club, shame he was injured for a bit of the season.

Lukman Hurana - without a doubt the best signing I've made, he was out of contract for over a year and finally decided to join us.

Borislav Baldzhiyski
    - Boris did a decent job on the wing.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    Next Season

I'm feeling pretty confident about next season, with the extra season in League 2 after the playoff loss I think we have assembled a decent squad. With a few key signings I think we could push for a playoff place.

Amateur

Nice work dafuge.

JOY! my star player finally upped his contract after being unhappy and refusing to sign for the past 2 1/2 years. I couldn't even offer him anywhere near the wages he was after.

roberto922

just been destroyed 3-0 by Arsenal Leaves me 1 point behind Man Utd with 35 games gone but they have a game in hand

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2023/2024 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: This was easily my best season in the Premier League to date despite the fact that we only matched our previous best of 10th place, it just felt like we could beat any team on any given day. If you look at the league table graph you will see that we were a solid mid table team all year and even threatened to push into the European places at one point, but it didn't quite shake out that way and we settled for 10th. Wagner continued to lead the line winning player of the year for the 2nd time in 3 seasons, he was also the leagues top scorer for the 2nd time in 3 seasons, Wagner also finally made his international debut (at 24) for Brazil and rather characteristically he marked the occasion with a hat-trick. We had a takeover, the new chairman pumped £30m into the club to pay off the the rather reckless debt I had run up (If you give me money to spend I'm going to spend it!).

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
    2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
    2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
    2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
    2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
    2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
    2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
    2023/24    Premier League             10th        None

Amateur

Greenwhitearmy - Merthyr Tydfi - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

An impressive first season for me in gaining promotion via playoffs, I started off very strong and I was first after 20 games. The cups were pretty bad though but tbh i wasn't really concentrating on the cups just the league. I played a Counter-Attacking 4-4-2 which got me the most goals in the league. The finances are the downside in 170k in the red but hopefully I can help that by getting a few big teams in for friendlys next year. But overall great season and here are the screenshots:

League Table -As i've said we did well getting 4th place and promotin
    Playoff Final - the stats were against me but I still won
    FA Cup -as I said the cups were bad
    FA Trophy - better then the FA Cup
    Squad -made about 10 transfers in all
    Key Player - this guy was brilliant, scoring at the right moments and assisting too, played in the attacking Advanced Playmaker role.

Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted via playoffs

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    G. Keenan's FC United- 2023/2024 Season Review- Premier League
    congratz on a very impressive season. Looks like you have created a stable base and now you just need to push for the european places in the next season or two. Good Luck

Amateur

dlnwba86 - Season 2 - King's Lynn - Blue Square North

Final Position: 2nd

Well after losing to Fleetwood in the Play-Off Final last year, we had all the tools necessary to go out and win the league. After a good start we were top after 6 games and stayed comfortably ahead for the rest of the season, until THIS HAPPENED!!!!

To say i was mortified is an understatement, we just lost it completely and Chester never looked like dropping points in those final few games. So after being top for 34 games of the season, we still had to do it the hard way via the play-offs. A 4-2 win at Stafford and a 2-1 home win set-up a final against Southport.

Final

We got off to a great start when our player of the season and BSN leading scorer Graham Boyle fired in after 33 seconds. Memories of last year's agony came flooding back though when Daly equalised for Southport with 10 minutes of normal time remaining. However, my hero, Fabio Ferreira fired in a 90th minute winner and sent The Linnets into the Blue Square Premier.

Cup-wise: FA Cup 1st round, lost to St. Albans
    FA Trophy, 3rd Round, lost to Eastwood.

Finances aren't looking too bad at the moment and hopefully i can get rid of some fringe players before the start of the season.

Here is the Squad that did the job and i feel that it has the potential to finish in the top 10 next season, although BSP is usually where i struggle so we really have to wait and see.

Career

Season 1 - BSN - 2nd - Play-Off Finalists -
    Season 2 - BSN - 2nd - Play-Off Winners - Promotion

Amateur

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town

Season Review 2013/14

I'm shocked to say the least, from surviving relegation on my first time in league football, but to finish 9th seemed to be an amazing achievement of mine. Fa cup was very poor, lost 1st round home to wrexham 1-0, JPT was okay got to semi's of northen tier. Next season i think we can push on for a play off spot

League Table http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...nt=L2table.jpg

Transfers http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...ransfersL2.jpg My regen striker got stolen by my parent club

Next season:
    * Find a new regen or 2
    * Find a better coach
    * Get to 3rd round of fa cup

Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North        1st            Promoted, BSN Champions
    2011/12        Blue Square Prem         10th           Fa Cup 3rd Round
    2012/13        Blue Square Prem         1st            BSP Champions, FA  Trophy Winners
    2013/14        L2                       9th            None
    [/QUOTE]

Part-Timer

Good work to all the above posters on some excellent seasons.
    A question to those with a few seasons under their belts, do you find its absolutely critical to have a midfielder with a good tackling attribute?
    Only prutton has decent tackling in my midfield and the team seems to collapse when he doesn't play

Part-Timer

Win game against no. 1 in the league away with 2-1 . . only to go home and lose 3-1 to no 23...
    Seriously im getting ****ed off with this

Amateur

I'm going to do this challenge again this year - so here I go.
    After numerous reloads (hoping to get Billericay) I ended up with Sutton Utd.

Manager profile: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1..._june_2010.jpg

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    A question to those with a few seasons under their belts, do you find its absolutely critical to have a midfielder with a good tackling attribute?
    Only prutton has decent tackling in my midfield and the team seems to collapse when he doesn't play
    I'd say so. Recently I signed a quality DM (Lukman Hurana) and it made a massive difference to my team. He's not the best tackler but it makes a huge difference having a quality defensive player.

Youth Team

It'll depend on your tactic really, but a quality defensive midfielder will help a lot, regardless of tackling stat. A good anticipation/positioning stat can certainly make up for not being able to tackle!

In my side I have one that sits back and intercepts any loose passes (good anticipation), and a bit of a terrier-style central midfielder with good stamina and work-rate to hassle the opposition midfield, and finally a kind of Frank Lampard goal-scoring midfielder, except he usually doesn't score off the defenders' arses

Amateur

After talking about this all week long at work my brother has finally swayed and we started a multiplayer game of it like the old days of CM 97/98 in our youth(ish).

So after much nashing of teeth, holidaying and banging head on desk we finally got under way.

King's Lynn and Boston Utd.

Both are close in reputation and stadium so here we go. I suspect it may take some months!

Semi Pro

It certainly makes a difference.
    Whenever I have to play 2 central midfielders with bad tackling I tend to struggle and the opponents have more longs shots on goal then I'm comfortable with.
    You could always try using the sliders so that the 2 midfielders tackle harder and close down more then usual; of course that may cause problems with the shouts as they don't have an effect if you manually change sliders.

Part-Timer

thanks to peoples replies, i've signed a midfielder with 11 for tackling as prutton is again injured, unfortunately he is only bsp standard (i'm in L2 now) but the team has already improved although i've already blown one 3 goal lead.
    I have 5 other L2 standard midfielders but none have better than 8 tackling, they are great at going foward though as you will see when i post last seasons efforts later today.

Semi Pro

Nantwich Town - Blue Square North - 2010/11

End of the first season, which was a quite tough one for my side;

League Table

From the beginning I knew it going to be a long hard season, hopefully we will do better next season.

Would have posted more screenies but I stupidly deleted them

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11   Blue Square South        17th        none
    Hopefully I can improve the squad and have a better second season.
    Last edited by manu legend; 14-11-2009 at 12:44.

Amateur

Note to self, tell my players not to shoot from distance.

My players are so crap at shooting from long range it's stupid.

Amateur

What a freaking result!
    FA Cup Semi Final

Doing tremendously in the league, sitting top by a point with a game in hand, 5 games left to play. Championship football is looking increasingly possible!

EDIT - Man City in the Final, lol oh well damage limitation.
    Last edited by Bartman; 14-11-2009 at 14:06.

Part-Timer

Merthyr Tydfill BSP 2012/13

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 1st Rd
    FA Trophy - 1st Rd

This was a very odd season as the team started on fire with 31 goals in the first 12 games although 17 were conceded in those games. The strikers then lost form after the fa cup loss and the defensive frailities meant i lost quite a few games. I started the season with too few defenders and when injury struck most down i had to play poor youth players, even when fit the defence shipped goals at alarming rate, 7 times i let in 3 or more and drew games when 2 or 3 goals up.
    Up front things improved ( i scored 3 or more 18 times in the season) especially after xmas and i managed to comfortably qualify for the playoff but was always miles behind Aldershot who beat me 6-0 on aggregate in the league games. For the playoff semi final i beat Kettering easily by 3-0 and 4-0 before playing Mansfield in the Playoff final. A tight affair i just sneaked it.
    In the FA cup i faced L1 Colchester away losing 3-1 with the winning goals in the last 15 mins, Colchester went on to reach the 6th Rd.
    In the FA trophy i was thrashed 5-2 at home by Cambridge, a score which could have been worse.
    Depressingly my feeder club Halesowen who are still below BSS went further than me in both competitions
    My finances actually improved to -£150K from -£250K. This was mostly as a result of playing in the playoff final and the board putting in £180K

Squad

Transfers

In goal Gallacher played most games although Gibson replaced him towards the end of the season, both did quite well for their position.
    At rightback Hunter did well when not injured, Rodgers filled in for more than half a season doing fantastic as its not his natural position. At Leftback Lovett and Noble did ok but neither have any real quality about them.
    In the Centre of defence Camano looks like he has already found his level with some inconsistant displays, alongside him Craig was outstanding in his first season at the club. Veseli was disappointing and Webster an England U-20 player was a massive failure.
    In Midfield the team really dipped when Prutton was missing, his contribution more valuble then his stats indicate. Noone and Millar were backup players in the centre.
    On the right MacDonald got a record number of assists and was pretty good all season. Shroot provided occasional backup.
    On the left Knott started the season in good form before his form completely dropped, Hussain took over even though ML is not his natural position and did really well for the second half of the season.
    Up front Kisuka, Fitzharris and McShea all blew hot and cold going through barren spells and red hot scoring streaks.

Star Player - rated as leading L1/decent Championship standard he showed his class from centre midfield with a big haul of goals and assists. Hopefully he will be my attacking force for several seasons yet.

Code:
    Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
    Last edited by Thebaker; 14-11-2009 at 14:13.

Amateur

Surprise surprise, defeated 4-0 by Man City in the FA Cup final, but oh well it was a fun run and overall this season my bank balance has increased by about £3 million, which is excellent.
    Won the league on the final day, and can now look to Championship footy next season.
    Season Review coming later

EDIT - Never even noticed but by reaching the final, I'm in the Europa League next season!
    Last edited by Bartman; 14-11-2009 at 15:03.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Surprise surprise, defeated 4-0 by Man City in the FA Cup final, but oh well it was a fun run and overall this season my bank balance has increased by about £3 million, which is excellent.
    Won the league on the final day, and can now look to Championship footy next season.
    Season Review coming later

EDIT - Never even noticed but by reaching the final, I'm in the Europa League next season!
    I thought the runner-up no longer qualified for a euro spot, but well done on a great run anyway, should set you up for next season.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Has that been confirmed in your game?

As has been mentioned, runners up shouldn't be getting a European spot.

Youth Team

FC United of Manchester – Blue Square North – 2012/2013

We lost several first-team players during the summer so I was a bit worried we wouldn't be up to the task at least finishing in the play-offs.

League Table
    We did well to enter the playoffs, we were languishing in mid-table half way through the season but a good run of form put us in with a shout of promotion.

Play off Semi Final Leg 1
    Slightly disappointing not to win, but still had a good chance.

Play off Semi Final Leg 2
    Good performance, delighted to be in the final for the second time.

Play off Final
    Typical, we just cannot get out of this league!

Squad

Sam Ashton – Not quite as impressive as last season, conceded some weak goals.
    Nick Giddings – Summer signing performed well and kept his place.
    Jamie Coyle – The loss of first-team centre-back Adam Tong mean Coyle got a chance and impressed, played in all but 1 game.
    Declan Gallacher – Former Celtic defender had another solid season in the heart of the defence.
    Simon Garner – Very impressive this season, carrying on from last. 13 Assists is a quality return for a full-back.
    Ryan Oakley – Played a couple of games late last season but was a first choice winger this time after the loss of Carlos Roca. Effective on the right, making 14 assists.
    Nick Main – His 3rd season with the first team and continues to impress.
    Joe O'Sullivan – Once again he was rotated with Frankie Low and Declan Freeman as I try to find a partner for Main. Young Nick Davidson also played a few games.
    George Purcell – Not a great first season with us, a couple of young wingers might get a chance next season.
    Jahson Downes – I wanted another goalscorer to take the pressure a little bit off of Kyle Wilson and, despite going through a 16-game run without a goal at one point, he managed to net 20 goals. Very much a confidence player, as he did also score for 7 games running late in the season.
    Kyle Wilson – Not quite as brilliant as last season, his goals were still important, finished with 28.

FA Cup
    Good run to the 2nd Round, losing eventually to League 1 Exeter.

FA Trophy
    Poor in this competition, only reaching the 1st Round.

Finances
    Still looking good, I'm trying not to spend money on transfers to keep plenty for wages.
    Last edited by dudge7; 14-11-2009 at 16:50.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Has that been confirmed in your game?

As has been mentioned, runners up shouldn't be getting a European spot.

Do they not get a spot when the winner is already in the europa league for their league position

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Do they not get a spot when the winner is already in the europa league for their league position
    I thought that got changed to league position?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    Looks like they do, I was wrong.

Seems like a load of news items have been incorrectly reporting on this scenario, looks like the game has it correct.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kenwyne View Post
    I thought that got changed to league position?
    So did I, but despite several news stories claiming that, it doesn't seem to be the case.

I think this change was planned but never actually implemented.

World Cup Winner

League 1 is crazy for me, after 19 games there are just 6 points between the relegation places and the playoffs.

I just lost a match and dropped 8 places

Amateur

Just won the Blue Square South with 5 games to go and 82 points, Will do a review of the season when I have actually finished the season.

Amateur

Decided to take charge of Merthyr Tydfil

Wish me luck ;)

Part-Timer

Can't snap my Boston United team out of this rubbish run of form... pity because I think I've got a really good set of players here. I'm just hoping that it's a case of them not having gelled yet, or else we'll be dropping straight out of the BSN

Amateur

So that's my 2010/11 season with Carshalton finished and I have to say I have done much better than me and my board expected which was around a mid table finish.
    Early in the season I climbed to 1st and stayed there for the rest of the season.

League Table

Graph

In the cups I also did better than the board expected me to in reaching the first round of the FA Cup and the 2nd round of the FA Trophy.

The Charlton game in the FA Cup meant my finances really weren't as bad as they could have been.

I signed loads of players throughout the season, I'm surprised they were able to play well enough as a team to win the league since i signed so many.

Transfers and more transfers.

I have to say is this has to have been my best player, he was a rock in defence and I didn't really have any prolific strikers so my defence was certainly very important.

For next season in the Blue Square Premier I hope I can get a safe mid table position and then hopefully the season after push for promotion.
    Last edited by JamieB-RFC; 14-11-2009 at 18:27.

Amateur

Bloody hell. The board have been in process of a takeover for about three and a half months now. It's really annoying as in theory I could do with strengthening my side for a play-off push but I can't make any transfers. What's worse is that it looks like falling apart and then doesn't and then looks like falling apart again. It is very frustrating.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by turn it in View Post
    Bloody hell. The board have been in process of a takeover for about three and a half months now. It's really annoying as in theory I could do with strengthening my side for a play-off push but I can't make any transfers. What's worse is that it looks like falling apart and then doesn't and then looks like falling apart again. It is very frustrating.
    Don't forget that you can still sign free transfers while under a transfer embargo.

Amateur

Don't forget that you can still sign free transfers while under a transfer embargo.
    Unfortunately the free transfers aren't going to give me much strength in depth at the moment. My scout is finding all these players who want to come and who I could offer nowt with 20% sell on clause but I can't buy them. If the takeover happens that guy best have some serious money.

roberto922

he meant players that don't have a contract

Third Team

15/16 - Tonbridge Angels - Blue Square Premier

I hoped we would improve on last season but we stuck to the same position and finished - disappointingly - in 16th. The media read us like a book however, and got our position spot on.

Media Prediction
    Actual Finish: 16th
    League Graph

We were going up and down like no man's business before eventually settling on 16th.

Transfers

Damian Ferry had been getting little first team football so it was only right to sell him - £16,000 pocketed for us.

FA Cup

We played very well but Hartlepool were the better team and we escaped with a narrow 2-1 loss to them in the first round.

FA Trophy

We made it to the semi's after eliminating the (lower team) competition but lost narrowly to Stafford after extra time.

Key Player Profiles

Gareth Parker

Gareth was the rock at the back in this season, and even popped up to score a few goals. He was great, and that is going to be expected this season.

Joe Mason

Joe scored and provided alot in a season where goals were dryed out which was quite an achievement; well done to him from me.

Radoslav Vasilev

18 goals in an awful season and in the process, breaking the record goals for the club (poor Dolinajec..) Great season for him.

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         -
    2011/12    Blue Square South          13th         -
    2012/13    Blue Square South           3rd         Promotion
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier         9th         -
    2014/15    Blue Square Premier        16th         -
    2015/16    Blue Square Premier        16th         -

Amateur

Premier League table with one game to go. I finish the season at home to Everton, Man Utd are away to Nottingham Forest. Wish me luck.

Part-Timer

Switched from a standard 4-4-2 to a 4-1-3-2 Diamond, hoping that I could better utilise my AMs and DMs and turn things around.... amazed the fans by recording a win against Nuneaton, current play-off hopefuls.

Despite that win relieving the pressure, I'm still very close to getting the sack, so hopefully this will mark a new spell of improved form

Amateur

I've lost the first 4 games of League 2. However, I've hit the woodwork no less than 9 times in those 4 games. Something a bit wrong there? :S

Amateur

Have started a game with Bradford Park Avenue

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6545/dafuge.jpg

I will update after first season

Amateur

Well thank bloody hell. After four months the takeover is complete and I can keep my job and sign players again.

PS I know I could sign players who didn't have a contract it's just that there aren't any decent ones at the mo

Part-Timer

Season 2023/24 Review - Kingstonian in the Premier League

League Table
    Past Positions

Our best season this far, no doubt. Kept the pressure on Man City for the entire latter half of the season, but they were equally relentless and never made any big slip-ups. The fixture congestion from all the cups combined with Yagi's tendency to disappear off on U23 duty left the squad a bit ragged at times, but luckily the U18 prospects stepped in and performed above expectation when called upon.

FA Cup | League Cup | EURO Cup Group J | Knockout Rounds

Retained the League Cup after a penalty thriller against a hard-working Everton in the final, but the real highlight was probably beating Arsenal 2-0 at Emirates to get there. The EURO Cup was an interesting taste of what's to come next season when we'll be playing in the CL, and the 1-4/3-1 tie against AC Milan quite exciting, but still it was never something we could push hard for in light of the PL title race.

Squad

Solid, but aging. A few players will be leaving before next season for sure as they've simply started declining, others I'm hoping to get enough money for to buy better replacements who I've already scouted. I've been keeping the changes to a minimum this far, but I wouldn't be surprised to break the club's transfer spending record for next season.

Transfers

Hardly a sale as I've fought hard to keep the club's biggest talents in place. Our finances are solid, so there's no good reason to let anyone who isn't unhappy go. Signed quite conservatively as well as Fabio Nardi arrived from from Atalanta to strengthen the left wing along with two youth prospects for the future.

Aim for next season: Dare I hope for another title challenge? With two or three class signings and enough squad depth to deal with the CL fixtures it should be doable.

Code:
    Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
    2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
    2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
    2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
    2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
    2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
    2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
    2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
    2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -
    2019/20    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  2nd       Promotion
    2020/21    Kingstonian    Premier League          14th      -
    2021/22    Kingstonian    Premier League          11th      -
    2022/23    Kingstonian    Premier League          5th       League Cup winners
    2023/24    Kingstonian    Premier League          2nd       League Cup winners
    Last edited by Scab; 14-11-2009 at 19:26. Reason: typo

World Cup Winner

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    Premier League table with one game to go. I finish the season at home to Everton, Man Utd are away to Nottingham Forest. Wish me luck.
    Good luck!

Amateur

After admiring this topic last year, I'm finally jumping in. I re-loaded several times to try and fins Chippenham but in the end settled on being the new manager at Farnborough.

Must admit it's not gotten off to the best start. I forgot to look at the player's contract expiration dates and about ten left on a free transfer on June 30. Half-decent assistant and two scouts are in though. I'll update with my progress.

Amateur

Tonbridge Angels - Season 2010/11

I'm currently 4 games in and have manged to draw three games 0-0 and one game 2-2. I've had such a hard start to the season with finding players. I can't seem to find anyone who is actually better than my current squad and wants to come to longmead stadium. I had to start the first game with only 3 subs.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRedditch View Post
    I've lost the first 4 games of League 2. However, I've hit the woodwork no less than 9 times in those 4 games. Something a bit wrong there? :S
    sounds like my start in L2, i drew one and lost 2 of my first 3 all without scoring a goal and barely creating a chance, changed from more direct passing to defualt and am now midtable by dec.

Part-Timer

Scab, Unlucky on missing out on the title, next year perhaps.
    Nardi looks a fantastic player, do you have enough HG players in your squad or it it case of having to play inferior players to make up the numbers

Part-Timer

It hasn't been a big problem; I just leave a few spaces open (i.e. don't assign all 25 squad numbers). I'm right at my limit though, can't afford to lose any more HG players or there might be trouble.

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2024/2025 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: After being a mid table Premier League team for the last thee years we finally broke through into the European places. If you look at the league table graph you will see that we got gradually better as the season went on, and if we had a few extra games on the season I'm sure we would have ended up champions, but as it is we ended up 2nd. Wagner continued his goalscoring exploits for both club and country and he was named the Premier League's player of the year again.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
    2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
    2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
    2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
    2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
    2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
    2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
    2021/22    Premier League             10th        None
    2022/23    Premier League             12th        None
    2023/24    Premier League             10th        None
    2024/25    Premier League             2nd         None

I'd say so. Recently I signed a quality DM (Lukman Hurana) and it made a massive difference to my team. He's not the best tackler but it makes a huge difference having a quality defensive player.
    How'd you manage to get him?

He's two years younger in my game and my scouts rate him as a Good Premiership Player

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    It hasn't been a big problem; I just leave a few spaces open (i.e. don't assign all 25 squad numbers). I'm right at my limit though, can't afford to lose any more HG players or there might be trouble.
    If you sign players before they turn 18 they should in three seasons count as Homegrown - though my Bulgarian and Scottish U21 players counted as Homegrown in League Two after just one season at the club.

World Cup Winner

How'd you manage to get him?

He's two years younger in my game and my scouts rate him as a Good Premiership Player
    He'd been without a club for over a year and finally decided to join me. He's a good Championship level player according to my coaches.

Technically you can, but when I was under a takeover my board limited all wage offers to the minimum allowed

Amateur

Have started a game with Cambridge C.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5636/cambridge.jpg

I will post updates after 1st season!

World Cup Winner

World Cup Winner

where did he come from, he's not even in my game
    He was released by Monaco and noticed by my scouts while they were scouting in France. He could be a player loaded using the 'top clubs' setup in the OP.

Part-Timer

where did Hurana come from as he's not in my game

Edit: You have already answered my question and i'm wrong he is my game i typed the name wrongly as per your post. He is now at Auxerre after moving for 2.3 Million.
    I haven't managed to sign any french players so far they all refuse to come.
    Last edited by Thebaker; 14-11-2009 at 20:48.

Amateur

Teja's FC United -

Season review - 2010/11

First season in charge, lots of changes in the squad. Key players in were -

Everyone's favorite - Kyle Wilson - Brilliant player, grabs a goal virtually every game. Final stats 25 Goals - 39 Games.

Young CB - Michael Stanbrook - Excellent CB for BSP / BSN sides. Highest number of MoMs for my side despite scoring just 1 goal. http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/241/stanbrooks1.jpg

Midfield quartlet - [b]Nick Main, Michael Kearney, Christian Smith and Tom Kearney[b]. All brilliant in their own respect. 3 of them are DM / MC and Nick Main is the creative midfielder.

Finished 2nd in the league and lost in the play off semis which was gutting
    Should've finished first, but fell behind by 1 point with the last three results of Draw - loss - Draw. I knew they were hard fixtures, but 3 draws or a win in any of those would've given me the title and auto promotion.

Play off was a bit weak. Scored first, and sat back to counter in the second half. GK, CB errors gave the other side two penalties. Then had to push forward and they grabbed another goal from the counter.

Home leg, my pitch was absolutely dismal again. Played out a boring 1-1 draw with the opposition missing a penalty.

End of season squad - http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/8787/maind.jpg
    Last edited by Tejaswi; 14-11-2009 at 20:45.

World Cup Winner

Does anyone here use a specific pre season training schedule?

I've never bothered but I seem to be making very slow starts to the season every year, I'm wondering whether this could be the reason.

Amateur

Merthyr Tydfil - Pre Season 2010/2011 Season

A less than convincing pre-season i have to say.

Friendlies
    Merthyr 0 - 1 Ebbsfleet
    Dorchester 1 - 0 Merthyr
    Merthyr 1 - 4 West Ham Reserves

If pre season has taught me anything, its that i need a striker, chances have been created yet non of my strikers can score. The only scorer in pre season was a CB.

Amateur

Drewski. Boston United. 2015/2016. League 1

After last seasons' surprise promotion I made it my aim to make sure that we survive this season, and after the start that we had I started to think that we might actually do quite well this season, but, never did I think that we would be able to finish where we did, 2 points from the play-offs, and our inability to turn draws into wins was the main problem, which we were left to rue; a bit of a topsy, turvy season overall, with the amount of draws we were moving around a lot, this will need to change next season.

Squad - defense was near enough solid, keeper was shaky at least, midfield was competent, and our strike force, well our four strikers were able to get into double figures, which was pleasing; McLaughlin - a solid season from the DL, always put in a good performance for the side, and a very good penalty taker as well; O'Connor - just like McLaughlin, he also put in a good performance from the DM position, but, with the amount of players leaving in the summer, I will be looking to moving him into defense next season; O'Brien - a arrival in January, I spent quite a few times wondering what if I signed him a little earlier? Surely our season would have been so much better if he was at our club at the start of the season not during the middle.

Transfers - same as usual, crap players left whilst a few decent players came in, most notably our Irish contingent in January.

Finances - improving all the time, mostly thanks to our FA Cup run.

Aims for next season:

Turn some draws into wins.
    Make more money.
    Improve squad.

Amateur

Taken over at Nantwich Town. Hope the late screenshot is okay, I'll start again if not.

World Cup Winner

and the run ends

Fantastic match though.

Does anyone here use a specific pre season training schedule?

I've never bothered but I seem to be making very slow starts to the season every year, I'm wondering whether this could be the reason.
    I have my players on a light pre-season training, though I rarely get off to a good start so I may be doing it wrong aswell.

Part-Timer

I don't get this home-grown thing...this player does not count as "trained in England"?

Amateur

AFC Hornchurch Update (Season Two 2011-2012)
    Media Prediction: 21st (no faith eh?)
    Final Standing: 9th
    Promised Board: Safe Mid-table
    FA Trophy: 1st Round
    FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying.
    My Final Opinion: Happy but slightly frustrated

It's hard to believe the game has only been out for two weeks and that some people are chasing the Premier League title. I, however, am a lot slower and my second season in charge of Hornchurch saw us still firmly placed in the Blue Square South. After last seasons plucky battle at the bottom and ultimately finishing 16th Hornchurch fans weren't sure they could get promotion this season and I promised the board more of the same to underline that fact. The season was a lot better than expected though and although we were never in Play off contention we were pretty much top ten all season and with one or two additions. Well...

The main problem this season was the protracted board takeover talks which took up half the season. Eventually towards the end of March the new chairman took over and told me I could keep my job. By then it was too late to buy any reinforcements for a potential play-off push so the final position of ninth was though good all round.

Cups? Rubbish again. I suck at cups.

So the for visual among you here are the Screenies:

Blue Square South Table
    Hornchurch Squad
    Transfers 11-12
    Manager Profile

So a better season overall and defensively strong again. My strong defence meant for the second season running the fans player of the season was a defender and it was new signing Simon Cox who took the accolade. All my defenders were fairly solid and will form the backbone of my promotion push next year.

The other player of the season for me was signing Harry Crawford from former parent club Southend. My first actual money signing for £14000 and he will also be the man I look to for the promotion push next season. 17 goals in 34 games means if I find a good striker to go along side him then promotion could be a real possibility

Aims for Next season:

Another decent striker to go alongside Harry and decent wingers. My defence is good enough to do well in this division as is my centre midfield. If I get the right sort of players then it should be play-offs minimum. I also have Fulham as a parent club now and with them back in the Premiership after winning the Championship there could be some good young players to be had by them.

Competition wise I think I should be pushing for promotion this coming season and I really need to start having cup runs. While our financial situation has got slightly better due to the board takeover extra money in the coffers can't hurt.

AFC Hornchurch
    Season 1 (2010-2011); BSS 16th; FA Cup 3QFR; FA Trophy 1st RD
    Season 2 (2011-2012); BSS 9th; FA Cup 2QFR; FA Trophy 1st RD

Holiday Manager Ian Smythe Watch:

Ian continued to wow Thomas Cook executives with his holiday selling abilites. By the end of the year he had claimed the best travel agent in the world award and been elected to board level at Thomas Cook. He has also met a nice young lady called Geraldine and moved into her flat just outside of Peterborough. He still hates Hornchurch.

Semi Pro

I think that my Sutton United players have done well during March.
    A cleansweep of the Player of the Month awards and a cleansweep of the Young Player of the Month award
    Also I got the manager of the month and one of my players got the 3rd best goal of the month.

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

I don't get this home-grown thing...this player does not count as "trained in England"?
    HG = 3 years trained at club/nation before 21st birthday.

Edit: Having looked at the screenshot - no idea.

Part-Timer

He's been in England all his career, so surely he should qualify then?

This is doing my head in.

Third Team

Sunderland is not part of the UK maybe?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    Sunderland is not part of the UK maybe?
    No it definitely is in the UK

Part-Timer

Its unlucky that scab, prehaps report in the bugs forum.

Having a good few matches but stopping for now, was thinking of waiting for the big las vegas fight at 2am but too tired and ill

Will post a full update when i finish.

But half way through my third season with Kendal and am just inside the playoff spots (5th) in the BSP. Got some very good players and a settled side, now lets hope i don;t go through an obligatory end of season slump!

Full season update to come probably sometime tomorrow or monday!

Well this isn't going well I've just lost my left back Basey for 5 months, he now joins my rightback Ifil (8 weeks) and Striker Keatings (3 months) in the treatment room

I'm now forced into playing a half star rated youth player at right back - though he seems to be playing well and we've won 4 of the 5 games he's played so far.

After 28 games we are somehow 5th in the league, though I have no money and I am still struggling to sign better players, my transfer tactic at the moment is to try and loan anyone I can and hope someone wants to join me on loan.

Third Team

So finally got the game....

Initial Profile - I have taken over Maidstone for a third year running ;) I doubt I will enjoy as much success in this version as playing time is very limited.

Amateur

Right, finally managed to get FC United...as a MUFC fan, just thought it'd be interesting to see how I go with these guys. Especially with rivals listed as City, Leeds and Liverpool :P

Anyway - here's my manager: http://i35.tinypic.com/29qnrk7.jpg

Amateur

FC United - Coca-Cola League One - Season 2013/2014

Our League 1 season was simply brilliant, my team surprised me so very much, I expected a struggle in mid-table but soon into the season, I realised I could acheive so much more, and so I pushed and pushed, and in the end we pulled off top spot, and secured our shot at the Championship.

League Table

Our FA Cup run was just beyond believable, reaching the Final against Man City defeating 3 Premiership teams in the process. However the Final was indeed a crash back down to earth, a severe crash with our 4-0 defeat, however it was a great run and brought the money in, and indeed giving us a shot at the Europa League next season. The other two competitions arent even worth mentioning tbh, poor poor show.

FA Cup
    League Cup
    Johnson's Paint Trophy

Top transfers would definitely have to be new Maltan goalkeeper, Justin Haber, who was tremendous in goals. Also, easily the best outfield signing, and well worth the 375k price tag was Mitchell McPike, he was incredible in midfield, finishing with a 7.11 average and 9 goals. Other important signings was the loan of Ben McGoldrick from our new partners Everton, this young midfielder surpassed my expectations and featured in the first time most weeks. Another important signing was Guillem Bauza, the striker, he wasn't quite a Craig McShea but he scored some goals, finishing with 12 in 31, helping the cause. Disappointments included Reggie Lambe, Marlon Jackson, Jim Goodwin and Scott Kay. Other important signings were Gary Sawyer in the January transfer window, Joe Edwards and Tommy Smith also. Overall, our signings were pretty successful but I think I have a habit of bringing in too many free transfers without properly checking them out, as I always find a few gems, with some others a waste.

Transfers

One player who continues to amaze me is of course Craig McShea, who has been with the club since its Blue Square North days, he has progressed amazingly and adapted to every league we have featured in, I am very curious as to how he fares in the Championship. He finished the season with 19 goals, 10 assists and 7 Man of the Matches in 36 matches. For a player I didnt expect to make past the BSP, I am just so delighted. Even with only 19 goals, he was easily our best player, which was excellent. He is the only player to still remain from the BSN and I can see him there for a very long time.

Aims for Next Season:
    Considering my progress in the other leagues, with the right signings, I am confident of a play-off push, obviously it wont be quite as simple as before, but I am of course hopeful.

Code:
    2010/11    Blue Square North           1st         Promotion, BSN Champions
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier         2nd         Promoted
    2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          6th         Promoted, play-off winners
    2013/14    Coca-Cola League 1          1st         Promoted, League 1 Champions

Amateur

First season done with Cambridge C!

Well i had a rough start in the league, and I had a hard time with 9 matches without victory. But my goal for the season was to avoid relegation and that Succeeded, so it was not a good season but I did manage to stay in the league, which was my goal from the start, so its all good.

League table:

Tranfers:

Confidence:

i havnt been offered a new contract yet, but i hope the will offer one soon.

Career Overview:
    Code:

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         None
    Well i hope the next season will be better, and maybe i can promote to Blue square league.
    Last edited by sacron; 15-11-2009 at 10:19.

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2016-2017 League Two

Was top by 8 points around Christmas, then it all fell apart. Finished 6th and lost the play off final on penalties after Bristol Rovers made it 2-2 3 minutes from full time, with a 35 yard free kick from a player with free-kick rating of 4 and long shots rating of 7 :mad:

League Table

Transfers

Squad

Youth watch: my left wing Scott, who has been with me since my first season, the only successful player of my academy so far, and the only real quality in my squad.

Goals for the new season:
    Bring in some quality
    Promotion.

Semi Pro

It's been a while but I am nearing seasons end.

With 9 games to go I secured a play-off spot. I don't think it will be used though

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Scott is history, he didn't like life in League Two anymore

At least my finances are okay now, brought in £3.7m

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hassebasse80 View Post
    Scott is history, he didn't like life in League Two anymore

At least my finances are okay now, brought in £3.7m
    Well at least he is in good hands now

Amateur

We were going well in the league, pushing for automatic promotion, morale was high and the team were playing well, and then this happened

World Cup Winner

Yet this player does

Part-Timer

Seems pretty broken. :/

Amateur

Hi guys, help needed.

I am playing the challenge, although seem to spend all available time playing and only get to read this at work ;).

The background - I'm playing as Guiseley won last 8 games in first season to get top spot in BSN (for the first time on the last day of the season). Now mid-table in BSP.

The problem - Even if my entire playing squad were playing for free I'd still be losing money . I get crowds of 700.

How can I increase my finances, it seems to me the obvious way is increase crowds, but I'm doing well and after two sucessive promotions, I don't see what more I can do. Any help please???

Part-Timer

Aim to go far in the cups, that's where the money is. If you can get an away tie against a big-ish team that will earn you quite a bit. A parent team will also contribute about £20K-£30K per season if you're in the BSP, which isn't a whole lot, but hey, free money. Other than that there's not much you can do; keep the wages/bonuses down and make as much as possible from the pre-season friendlies.

World Cup Winner

Aim to go far in the cups, that's where the money is. If you can get an away tie against a big-ish team that will earn you quite a bit. A parent team will also contribute about £20K-£30K per season if you're in the BSP, which isn't a whole lot, but hey, free money. Other than that there's not much you can do; keep the wages/bonuses down and make as much as possible from the pre-season friendlies.
    What he said about the cups, they have pretty much saved me this season.

When you take a small club up through the leagues quickly you are bound to have financial problems as the club doesn't yet have the fanbase/stadium to back up the success.

You've almost got to sell a couple of players and hope for good draws in the cups to balance the books.

Amateur

Cheers guys,

I inherited Leeds as parent club when I took over.

Ah, the cups! I have a life long FM under-achievement in cup competitions, just lost in first FA cup match of the season, looks like a fire sale in Jan!

I'm 300k in debt losing 20-25k per month, any ideas on sustainable debt levels in BSP before I get docked points/sacked?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fatgra View Post
    Cheers guys,

I inherited Leeds as parent club when I took over.

Ah, the cups! I have a life long FM under-achievement in cup competitions, just lost in first FA cup match of the season, looks like a fire sale in Jan!

I'm 300k in debt losing 20-25k per month, any ideas on sustainable debt levels in BSP before I get docked points/sacked?

Start betting money you dont have on the clubs behalf (should be an option on the game imo) ;_;

Amateur

The Terrible first season of Bradford Park Avenue! 2010/2011

As the topic said my first season at Bradford PA was a terrible season. It could have been a total disaster but some good results in the last 4 games secured me another season in the North divison. I started out pretty good but around new year i found myself stuck amongst the 5 last teams in the league, and from there on it was a huge struggle to stay up. But i succeded, but im not satisfied!

League Table

In the cups i was knocked out very quickly, and i most admit the this was a second priority all the way, and its probaly gonna be again in season 2.

At the start of the season i thought i had a decent team but i was proven wrong.

Squad

Transfers

I signed a lot of players who was out of contract a the start of the season. I made some huge mistakes and some of them where quikly moved to the reserve team where the pretty much played the whole season. Actually i think that the transfers where the main reason for my bad season, so i cant say that any of them played very well, but Gordon Dick is a regular at the Scottish U19 national team.

Goals for next season:
    I will look for promotion for sure. I know its gonna be a tough challenge but with a lot of new faces to the team i think i can do it!

Code:
    2010/11    Blue Square North           19th         None

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 76 ... LastLast