+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 72 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

just got a crash dump :/
    will open the game and see how much i have lost.

Amateur

Yay, about time too!

Billericay turn professional

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Nooooooooo Zoltan Harsanyi has just got injured for around 3 months. he will be missed.

20 games 17 goals 9 assists.

I now have the choice of Jordy Brouwer who came on for Zoltan and scored or with last years star McShea.
    I stuck with last year star who did a decent job but can't compare to Zoltan who just came back and scored in his return and after thanked me for sticking by him during his long spell out and wants to repay my faith with more goals

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2011/2012 Season Review- Blue Square North

Second season down and I completed both of my aims from last season. I was able to make significant improvements to three of my defensive positions and, perhaps as a result, I had a great year. We were a little inconsistent at first but had an incredibly strong mid season run which set up our challenge for the title. Things remained close all season, we qualified for the playoffs with 7 games remaining and after 41 games the top 4 teams were separated by 2 points and a goal difference spread of just 3. Results fell our way on the final day of the season and a 3-1 victory away to 10th place Hyde was enough to secure the title! Cup for was decent, we had a respectable run to the 1st round of the FA Cup and we also reached the 3rd round of the 'Trophy.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Transfers
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions

Amateur

YES! ****ing magic. Coca Cola League Two Playoff Final, after leading the game, we fall 2-1 behind in extratime, only to pull it back to 3-2! Words cant describe my delight. Season update coming later.
    Playoff Final

Third Team

Finished 20th in League 2 this season, expected seeing as I weakened the squad to save money.

Review tomorrow.

Third Team

Just got 180k up front for Paul Pogba from Championship Bradford. Saw that teams were interested, so offered him for 180 which was more than he was worth, and Bradford and MK Dons bit the cherry, and Bradford won. Nice to get the money up front and not in installments either

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by NeoAC View Post
    All right, I guess I can accept that explanation. :P

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge
    Truro City - Hexhamlad
    Carshalton - DanGLiverpool / Antfm08 / Jazzfusion / Welsh Wizard
    FC United - dudge7 / Bartman / Rooney_08
    Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular / kasharic
    Boston United - WillCarruthers
    Cambridge City - Cerneo
    Sutton Utd - hrbfcrule
    Bedford Town - craigjuk
    Oxford City - Smithers
    Kings Lynn - PVentress / Terra21
    Merthyr - help!!!
    Guiseley - foost
    Canvey Island - Scooty_BAFC
    Nuneaton - Shorty Boy
    Boston United - Drewski
    Dartford - Azeryk
    Merthyr Tydfil - Hassebasse80
    Guiseley - tomc990
    Wealdstone - DC321
    Marine - SuperRedditch, peter-evo
    Bradford PA - Peljam
    Dartford - Kazpeer
    Kendal Town - Glennuk
    AFC Hornchurch - alig4321 / turnitin
    Farnborough - Martvb60, GreyedOutMan
    Hendon - Spurs 1979
    Nantwich - manulegend
    Hednesford - NeoAC

There's the updated list then.
    Is this the list of participants in this challenge? If it is i think i should be on the list, since i have been posting updates and screenies since the first day and i'm in my forth season with the super tonbridge haha

Amateur

Phew, 7h 13m later, I'm just beginning the first game of the season. Man finding players is hard as **** if you don't know what you're doing! I think I probably have the best first team in each position in the league. I just have no backups at all, which is bad

I'm tired of it now, and just want to start playing, so I'll just sign whoever my scouts recommend to me next.

PS: Playing with FC United. Any good right winger suggestions welcome. I've literally grown a lot older since I started searching for a RW player. Hopefully will get the season done today

Amateur

A word of warning to managers of Super Kyle Wilson -

Before contract extension: 13 appearances, 7.51 average rating, 14 goals, 5 Man of the Match awards
    After contract extension: 9 appearances, 6.76 average rating, 5 goals, 1 Man of the Match award

230 pounds a week must buy a lot of liquor and donuts...

BTW I still suck at this, seven games left in the '11/'12 season with Carshalton and we are in 7th, one place worse than last season, with a far better squad on paper. Bleh. Losing interest in this challenge in particular and FM10 in general.

Part-Timer

7 draws in my last 8 matches. Madness

Amateur

Willing to make 2d (3d also if I can make them work...) kits for anyone who wants them, just pm the details, going to try and make a set for all the the teams this season over the next few weeks in my off time. But if anyone really wants one from the challenge just pm me and I can put it at the top of the list.

Amateur

Hey-ho,
    if anyone has a FC United virgin save they can upload, it would be appreciated largely... having some trouble getting them to come up.

Amateur

Last edited by Rooney_08; 08-11-2009 at 06:42. Reason: .

Amateur

starting off with the questionably mighty sutton united, mostly because i like their color scheme and they have youth players from strange african nations. we'll see what happens.

Amateur

Many Thanks Rooney_08

Part-timer

Getting a bit bored of writing updates and taking screenshots etc, have just got promoted to the EPL with Hendon but will just play the challenge with the same rules but manage it myself from now on. Happy to update if people don't care about screenshots, my scouts can be anywhere in the world now so no need for trials etc and seeing as I only have one non regen (Jamie O'Hara) in my side now it's not as if people will know who I'm talking about anyway.

Was given £29m and £270k wage budget for avoiding relegation in my first season so looks like plenty of cash to spend when clubs get into the EPL! Will continue to read though and see how people are doing

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs1979 View Post
    Getting a bit bored of writing updates and taking screenshots etc, have just got promoted to the EPL with Hendon but will just play the challenge with the same rules but manage it myself from now on. Happy to update if people don't care about screenshots, my scouts can be anywhere in the world now so no need for trials etc and seeing as I only have one non regen (Jamie O'Hara) in my side now it's not as if people will know who I'm talking about anyway.

Was given £29m and £270k wage budget for avoiding relegation in my first season so looks like plenty of cash to spend when clubs get into the EPL! Will continue to read though and see how people are doing
    Congrats Spurs, I got busy and was unable to finish my season tonight, going to play out until march then heading to sleep, I am sitting in second right now 4 points clear of third but 6 back from first. I should have no issues going up.

Good luck staying up next season.

Also just been linked with the Man U job, who have been doing poorly this season.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 08-11-2009 at 10:14.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs1979 View Post

Congrats mate! Hopefully I'll get there too. FC United vs Man Utd will be an interesting fixture

Meanwhile in the BSN, got off to a surprisingly good start for my first LLM game. 6 games played, I thought I'll have all sorts of gelling issues, but the team is playing well and we're in second.

Lost two games, which we atleast deserved to draw. On a related note, is anyone having 1 shot which hits the post every game? :x

Here's the screenie for team pos - http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8212/fcunited1.jpg

Kyle Wilson is a legend (Y)

Amateur

challenge website alternative update

Great news! I'm pretty confident that I've set up the Google form and my own Excel file nicely. The plan is for everyone to make their season updates through http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...UVdBcTJkQ2c6MA. This creates a database which I make use of so that I can create a ranking of each individual's season. The aim is to create a summary of every participant's challenge so far, and I will probably present the results as a Google spreadsheet. The format will be very similar to the website.

What you need to do

I hope you guys can help by starting with your season updates! Do it season by season and in a few days time, I will produce the first report. I'm trying to make the process as automated as possible using fancy Excel macros, but that would take some time. Meanwhile, you guys can really help by starting to use this form. This is certainly not as elegant a way as the website, but we don't have much choice now. So go on, update!

Note: to the following members, you will need to enter your data again. I didn't state clearly that I needed season-by-season updates and so caused the confusion. I've deleted what you've entered so you need to enter them again! Sorry for that!

Code:
    Smithers
    DanGLiverpool
    Cerneo
    Martvb60
    Jazzfusion
    Kazpeer

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Tejaswi View Post
    On a related note, is anyone having 1 shot which hits the post every game? :x
    Pretty much, yes. I had a match last night where I hit the woodwork 4 times in half an hour.

Amateur

thenamesfang, loving the spreadsheet, will be great if it comes off

Part-Timer

i got promoted last season into the BSP after my first season as Merthyr but i'm finding it impossible to sign anyone who is rated more 3 stars apart. the only exception to this was david prutton but it is easy to see why he was unemployed for a year, he either plays above 7 or below 5.
    How are other people finding signing of players in the BSP

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thenamesfang View Post
    challenge website alternative update

Great news! I'm pretty confident that I've set up the Google form and my own Excel file nicely. The plan is for everyone to make their season updates through http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewf...UVdBcTJkQ2c6MA. This creates a database which I make use of so that I can create a ranking of each individual's season. The aim is to create a summary of every participant's challenge so far, and I will probably present the results as a Google spreadsheet. The format will be very similar to the website.

What you need to do

I hope you guys can help by starting with your season updates! Do it season by season and in a few days time, I will produce the first report. I'm trying to make the process as automated as possible using fancy Excel macros, but that would take some time. Meanwhile, you guys can really help by starting to use this form. This is certainly not as elegant a way as the website, but we don't have much choice now. So go on, update!

Note: to the following members, you will need to enter your data again. I didn't state clearly that I needed season-by-season updates and so caused the confusion. I've deleted what you've entered so you need to enter them again! Sorry for that!

Code:
    Smithers
    DanGLiverpool
    Cerneo
    Martvb60
    Jazzfusion
    Kazpeer
    Managed to make a total mess of my first report, please delete? sorry

Really enjoyed last year's game with Hendsford so I am here again. Managed to reach 4th place in the Premiership and made the Champions League just as the new game came out. Doh!

Just up to the 24th now and waiting to see who I can get. Wouldn't mind Durham but I keep getting the likes of Boston etc.

Part-timer

After 24 games we sit in 10th place but have a real injury problem, 3 of my 4 centre backs are injured and my top 3 strikers are all out leaving me my worst backup as the only striker which makes it very hard when you play 442.

Amateur

Let see how i can work my magic in the Vaaaaaaalleys!

http://doctorscompanion.net/merthyr.jpg

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Managed to make a total mess of my first report, please delete? sorry
    What do you mean? Do you want me to delete all four season updates? You will have to be more specific.

Amateur

PROMOTION League 2 here we come! Super tonny

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by chris_bemand View Post
    Is this the list of participants in this challenge? If it is i think i should be on the list, since i have been posting updates and screenies since the first day and i'm in my forth season with the super tonbridge haha
    The list isn't really maintained by any one individual. Just copy and paste and add yourself in. I hope I can add this functionality into the spredsheet though. Still haven't thought of an easy and elegant way to do it yet.

Amateur

ahh fair enough the spreadsheet is a great idea though mate, congrats

Amateur

losing interest in this challenge... the seasons just seem to be one long grind atm.

gonna take a break and play with another team for now.

Amateur

Note: Apoligies but I am getting quite tired of the screenshots so I will from now on not post screenshots on Squads and Players.

FC United - Coca-Cola League Two - Season 2012/2013

My first season in the football league, and boy was it a toughey, but we managed to do much better than I was expecting, with my players pulling out all the stops towards the end and sealing us a sneaky play-off spot finishing 6th place. In the playoffs, we managed to steal victory with an extra-time comeback to win 3-2 against Yeovil.

League Table

We had a fantastic run in the League Cup, reaching the Quarter-Finals before being thrashed 3-0 by Man Utd, but defeating the likes of Portsmouth felt good, and to do so with such style, was fantastic. We had a terrible FA Cup, losing in the First Round to Crystal Palace by 4-1, very bad day. We also reached the Paint Trophy Final but we were defeated 3-2 by Southend, which was quite gutting.

FA Cup
    League Cup
    Johnson's Paint Trophy

Our transfers were abit of a hit-and-miss tbh with much of our BSP squad remaining in the First Team tbh, the only real notable signings were Bruno Berner and Tony Kane in defence. Craig McShea still was our first-choice striker throughout League 2, which shows just how far he has progressed from the Blue Square North days. The team struggled much more though due to some poorer quality signings, which is obviously a slight concern.

Transfers

Aims for Next Season:
    To survive and push for a mid-table position hopefully, but mainly just to stay in League One.

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11    Blue Square North           1st         Promotion, BSN Champions
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier         1st         Promoted
    2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2          6th         Promoted, play-off winners

Amateur

alright i know promotion is secured, but is that really a reason to draw 8 out of 9 games?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by thenamesfang View Post
    What do you mean? Do you want me to delete all four season updates? You will have to be more specific.
    My first season update, when i hadn't read it properly, the one that says Coca-Cola League 2 2012/2013?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    My first season update, when i hadn't read it properly, the one that says Coca-Cola League 2 2012/2013?
    Done =) Just to make sure!

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

My policy of avoiding cup runs seems to be paying off again as we have made another late season push for promotion. After a good initial start and then a run of bad form (mostly due to Craig Rodger's injury) we have now found some solid form. And thanks to the top clubs dropping points I am currently 2nd after 29 games, and equal on points with top of the table Norwich. The reason for our success is clear when you notice that both our strikers have 20 goals each. Hopefully we can keep it up and be in contention for promotion, but our small squad may be an issue in the coming months.

Amateur

Tonbridge Angels – 2013-2014 BSP

This was without doubt our best season yet. We walked the division this year, winning the league and gaining promotion with a good 6-7 games left. The defence was solid all season with Mitchell and Culshaw forming a good centre half partnership. Caldwell played the makelele role perfectly, miller and roman where the playmakers in the centre of the park and grant created plenty of chances from the wing, probally would have been player of the season if it weren’t for super Kyle! Kyle Wilson was a class apart this season, banging in 47 in 44, mainly down to how many chances where created for him through out the matches.

Key player: Kyle Wilson. Do I have to say anymore?

Key Transfers: Cassidy and Hughes sured up the back line, bialkowski was good in goal, the others where used in rotation roles.

Finances again looking better, maybe one day we will be out of debt, one day.

Next Season

I believe the squad is strong enough to stay up in league 2 next year, so will only look to bring in a couple of strengthening players, maybe 1 or 2 heading for the exit. Consolidation is what is require next season.

First Team Squad Member

Ouch! You're hurting my eyes!

You might want to lower the font there Chris. No need to shout!
    Last edited by crouchaldinho; 08-11-2009 at 13:22.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Argh it hurts my eyes

congratz on promotion though

Amateur

I'm sick of these crash dumps, so I have re-formatted my computer, so I'm going to have to start a new one again today, going to go with Dartford again, even though there isn't really any differences between the teams at this level that much, will post profile page up later after the gym and hopefully, the re-format will mean I will stop getting crash dumps all the time

Amateur

I'm gonna do this challenge, but fm10 runs so slow on this laptop, So i'm planning on buying a new laptop in the coming weeks, I've finished uni and everything and the only game i play on the laptop is fm, So yes, I am going to buy a new laptop JUST for fm. Heh.

Anton Peterlin is doing wonders for me in midfield in his first season! Rocking!

Amateur

Midway through my first season with Farnborough, at the top of the league 5 points clear with a game in hand. Just got knocked out of the Fa Cup 3rd round by Plymouth, would have liked a better draw in that but you know .

Lost to Aldershot in the FA Trophy 1st Round as well, wasn't outplayed though so not disheartened. James Keatings is quality for BSS level, cheers whoever recommended him at the start!

Amateur

Hi all,

Started this challenge few days ago and am new manager of Farnborough. http://img12.imageshack.us/i/dafugec...e1stprofi.png/

First season, The team i built played above all expectations and won the league on last day of season with a draw, enough to secure a 1 point winning margin.
    http://img14.imageshack.us/i/tableyr1.png/

I have included screenshots of my best players for the season.

Martin Riley http://img10.imageshack.us/i/rileyyr1.png/
    Lee Matthews http://img11.imageshack.us/i/matthewsyr1.png/
    Josh Webb http://img11.imageshack.us/i/webbyr1.png/
    Stephen Laidler http://img11.imageshack.us/i/laidleryr1.png/
    Jared Hodgkiss http://img11.imageshack.us/i/hodgkissyr1.png/

Matthews was my star all season but his attributes are falling like Newcastle now .

Aims for next season

Hopefully stay up and build a team capable of promotion push next year. Would be nice to turn professional too.

Part-Timer

Both my strikers, Malcolm Christie and Matthew Tipton, scored in our first game in the BSN to give us a 2-0 win, onwards and upwards

Might be the first year when I have some strikers who can score - along with Craig McShea I've got a fairly decent set of players up front.

Amateur

Billy Paynter is a beast in the BSP.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    Alt-F9 is even better. Saves a screenshot for you in your FM directory under a folder called 'Screenshots'.
    I just wish that this feature could save them as JPEGs, it would save me a lot of time.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by chris_bemand View Post
    It is not a list of everyone taking part, it was just a list created by people adding themselves to try and create a list of all the teams that have been managed in the challenge so far. I've got no idea why there is more than one name next to some of the teams.

Amateur

anyone got any logo packs for the teams? cant seem to find any :[

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BennyLava View Post
    anyone got any logo packs for the teams? cant seem to find any :[
    sortitoutsi.net is worth a look.

Amateur

cheers boss ill take a look,

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I just wish that this feature could save them as JPEGs, it would save me a lot of time.
    The PNG's are actually quite small this year (100-200 kB). I was about to convert to JPG myself at first, but noticed they just looked worse at the same or bigger filesize, so hardly worth it over lossless PNG.

Part-Timer

Media speculation has suggested i'm the favourite to take over at Leeds Utd, and I have also been offered the Luton job. Leeds would be tempting, but as i'm above both of them in League 1 I think i'll stick with King's Lynn!

Woho! Just won 1-0 vs Crystal Palace in the 2nd Rnd of the FA Cup!!

Guiseley = BSP
    Crystal Palace = League One

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    The PNG's are actually quite small this year (100-200 kB). I was about to convert to JPG myself at first, but noticed they just looked worse at the same or bigger filesize, so hardly worth it over lossless PNG.
    Just testing:

JPEG - 7 secs to upload

PNG - 9 secs to upload

Nice one, I might start using that at last.

Part-Timer

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2012/2013 Season Review- Blue Square Premier

Season Review: First season in the BSP started very well and I thought promotion was on the cards but then our form fell away and I had to settle for 7th. I thought my signing of Richard Offiong would carry me to glory but he was actually a little disappointing. As for the cups, I lost in the 1st round of the FA Cup and the 'Trophy.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Transfers
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None

Part-timer

2010/2011 - Dartford - Blue Square South

My first season attempting this challenge and I was quietly confident that I could surprise my relegation battling prediction. I made a multitude of transfers before the season began, but my failure to actually sell anyone for any money meant I had to rely on free transfers. I got rid of a lot of the original squad and the majority of those who stayed spent the season in the reserves.

Media Prediction of 17th

Transfers 1

Transfers 2

Final Table

League Graph

As you can see from the graph the season began pretty well with the team in and around the playoff position, however it would have been higher if my away form had been anything like my home form. Unfortunately after such a promising start we got ourselves into a downward spiral of form, only getting the odd win here and there, which saw us slip to mid-table and then down into 18th place and perilously close to the relegation zone. In the new year we managed to pick ourselves up a little taking us back into the top half of the table, but after losing our remaining three games at the end of the season we managed to finish in a disappointing 17th place.

FA Cup

Had hoped for a really good cup run to get us some money in but we lost in the second qualifying round to Moseley, having scraped a draw in the first leg we got what we deserved.

FA Trophy

We did slightly better in the FA Trophy, in that we managed to get past the qualifying stage and the first round, before we lost to BSP side Chelmsford in stoppage time in the second round.

Team

Best Eleven

There were not many players that stood out a stars of the season although there were certainly a few that I was disappointed with. Our problem for much of the season came from not having a proper goalscorer in the side, and as such we wasted chances in matches and threw away the lead. Anyway these were our players of the season

Chris Blackburn - The fans player of the season, Chris was the rock in the defence and too often we relied on him when the other defenders went missing

Thomas France - My player of the season, playing the attacking role of the two central midfielders, should have topped the assist chart really if it hadn't had been for our poor strike rate

Danny Hockton - Our top scorer and about the only striker who had a respectable record in front of goal, probably could have got around 20 goals this season if it wasn't for injuries

Career Overview

Code:

2010/11    Blue Square South          17th         -
    Next Season
    • Sort out squad
    • Better cup run
    • Challenge for playoffs

Part-Timer

does anyone know why you can't retrain goalies to another position?
    My back up goalie is unconvincing as a striker at the moment and i'm short of strikers so would consider putting him on as his physical attributes are good along with being my best penalty taker.
    Last edited by Thebaker; 08-11-2009 at 16:43.

World Cup Winner

Crazy stuff

Ayala gets sent off for a foul, my players surround the ref resulting in a second yellow for Westwood.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Crazy stuff

Ayala gets sent off for a foul, my players surround the ref resulting in a second yellow for Westwood.
    Good passion!!

World Cup Winner

Part-Timer

A quicker way to do screenshots is imageshack quickshot is take and uploads at the same time and gives you the link. but the only down side is it does 1 at a time.

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=quickshot

Amateur

Smithers - Oxford City - Blue Square North - 2012/13

League prediction - 11th
    League position - 2nd (won play-offs)

This season we excelled with tremendous promise. We were rampant in the league, scoring goals galore, and had some decent cup runs too. The signing of Gareth Evans was a master-stroke, and his partnership up-front with Kyle Wilson was integral to our success, leaving last year's star Pavol Suhaj on the subs' bench.

The play-off semi-finals produced two of the most extraordinary games I've ever had the pleasure of watching in my CM/FM experience. In the first leg, we seemed to be out of the running before we'd even started as we went down 3-0 inside only 19 minutes away to Histon, which included a ridiculously bizarre own-goal. Even when winger Brett Poate grabbed a goal back, a minute later we were 3 goals down again. But a goal either side of half-time from super-signing 17-year old Ron Franks, and midfielder Francis Quarm set us up for a feasible win in the home leg. Here, attacking from the off, we produced a spectacular first-half display to complete a fantastic comeback and earn a place in the final against Droylsaden, where Quarm again delivered the goods, as well as centre-back Jon Boardman, to give us our first ever promotion.

League Table
    Changing Positions

FA Cup run - our best ever FA Cup run saw us reach the 1st round where we earned a respectable replay against League 2 leaders Yeovil.
    FA Trophy run - again, much better than last season as we reached the 3rd round, only to go out against BSP team Stevenage.

Transfers - like last season, another great year of signings. Prolific striker Gareth Evans joined on a free transfer, and scored 24 goals in 41 games. Adam Mekki immediately established himself on the left-wing, and Francis Quarm proved to be exceptional in midfield, contributing both to defence and attack, with his 9 goals and 5 assists. Special praise must be given to 17-year old Ron Franks though, who joined on loan when Evans got injured, and turned out to be another excellent signing, as he grabbed a hat-trick on his debut, before scoring another 3, to notch up a brilliant 6 goals, in just 4 starts and 2 substitute appearances. He impressed so much that I signed him full-time after his loan finished.
    Squad - defensively this season we were solid with our back four of Phil Anderson, Jon Boardman, John Scarborough and Andrew Thomas. Although we conceded a fair amount, we balanced it out by getting a few goals too, with Boardman (fans' player of the year) getting 5, and Scarborough scoring 3. In midfield, Luke Thurlbourne and Scott Hadland on the right-wing were our creative forces, but our main strength definitely lay in our attack. Kyle Wilson (nominated for player of the season) produced a formidable partnership with Evans, and although Pavol Suhaj was in great form too, he was left on the bench for the majority of the season. Our 3 main strikers score between them 64 goals, and this was the principal reason why we scored the most goals in the league.
    Finances - grew somewhat out of control towards the end of the season, but all in all I was able to stay within the limits of the wage budget by releasing players on frees, or changing players' contracts.

Aims for next season:
    - stay up
    - get a decent parent club
    - limit the amount of goals we're conceding whilst maintaining our attacking power

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Quote Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
    Congratz on promotion

good to see 2 h+r players playing well in your squad

Amateur

SuperRedditch - MARINE - 2010/2011 - Blue Square North

End of Season Review

The first season in is always a difficult one to predict, but feeling confident in my abilities, I signed 21 players, whilst showing 18 the door.

Transfers

Blue Square North

Final Table

League Graph

As you can see, I spent pretty much all the season top of the league, however, Tamworth went on a 8 game winning streak 2/3rds the way through, and pegged me back to 2 pts.

Cups

FA Cup Managed to get to the 1st round, which pleased the board and fans. Also netted me a bit of extra cash.

FA Trophy Got given a tough Away game at Altrincham that we really didn't have too much of a chance in.

Players

I didn't really have a out and out star player, or top scorer, but having a lot of players chip in with great performances.

Top Scorer

Loanee Strike Partner

Creative Full-Back

Captain and Defensive Rock and his Able Deputy

The basis for our success was an extremely strong back line, only in the last 15 games conceding the majority of our goals. The two Strikers did their bit though, but I never really found a consistent Centre Midfield partnership.

Aims for Next Season
    Finish mid-table or higher
    Get out of debt
    Find a consistent 1st team
    Last edited by SuperRedditch; 08-11-2009 at 18:04.

Amateur

Thanks a lot mate ! I'm gonna start as FC United soon .

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    Congratz on promotion

good to see 2 h+r players playing well in your squad
    And an ex-Saint.

What happened to Solomon Shields though?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by crouchaldinho View Post
    And an ex-Saint.

What happened to Solomon Shields though?
    Well in my first season he was amazing, as the attacking centre-mid in my 4-1-3-2 formation. But I was conceding so many goals with that tactic that I switched to a 4-4-2 in my 2nd season, and with this tactic he just wasn't as successful, unfortunately, and so I swapped him with Ryan Jarvis, who turned out to do pretty well. This 3rd season I signed Francis Quarm for that position, and so with him and Jarvis ahead of him, Shields' only opportunity for games has been when other players have been injured. It's a pity, I might have to sell him soon.

Semi Pro

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Amateur

Finished my first season with F'boro, finished top by 3 points I think.

Struggling to sign anyone that will improve my team for the BSP, might have to scour Scotland again.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Can anyone help me with this issue?
    I've used it in the past when I fined players for something so I could keep track of their historic offences.

Apart from that, nothing springs to mind.

Amateur

The board are going to pull out all the stops this season.

What am I going to spend it all on?

I reckon a round of beers and some Cheese and Onion crisps will do.

Part-Timer

Injuries have pretty much scuppered my chances of winning League 1. My tiny squad just can't cover and, with 3 games left, 3 points behind league leaders Crewe, I simply don't have the players to field a fully fit team. It doesn't help that all my youth prospects have been useless. But at least we are guaranteed the playoffs and are 4 points clear of 3rd place... and both our strikers are fit, which is enough!

And i'm playing Crewe next, which should be fun!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRedditch View Post
    The board are going to pull out all the stops this season.

What am I going to spend it all on?

I reckon a round of beers and some Cheese and Onion crisps will do.
    You never know, they might just be enough to convince certain players to join

Part-Timer

We hammered Crewe 3-0! A masterclass from Craig Rodger who grabbed 2 goals. Not bad considering it was a mostly second-string side. Now we're level on points and GD for 1st place with 2 games remaining.

Drew 2-2 with Doncaster, which means we are now 2 points behind 1st placed Crewe. But on the other hand that point has sealed 2nd place and automatic promotion for us. So King's Lynn will be playing Championship football next season!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 08-11-2009 at 20:23.

Amateur

Here i am .

Big thanks again to Gilbster !
    Last edited by ManUtdFan; 08-11-2009 at 20:09.

Amateur

Wow I am really struggling with Durham, I guess I can't attract high calibre players on a wage budget of 2k despite signing a few good players the results are just not falling my way, after 10 games we sit 16th on 10 points, and I've just linked with the Alfreton job, play up Durham!

Amateur

Good luck Gypsum!

Haven't started amazingly to the BSP to be honest, three 0-0 draws (vs. Barrow, Histon and York) followed by a 2-0 loss to Stevenage.

My strikers can't score, Keatings was amazing last season, added a few players to the squad as well. I'll do an update for the first season later on.

Amateur

Just signed Kyle Wilson. Anyone got any ideas on how to get the best out of him. Like poacher, advanced forward etc. For me he has only scored 1 in 8.

Part-Timer

Season 2018/19 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola Championship

League Table
    Past Positions

Switched from my 4-5-1 to a counter-attacking 4-4-2 to get new signing Lascaux into the line-up. We seem have to remained a tough side to break down, as evident by having the second best defensive record behind Coventry, but the offensive play left a bit to be desired. We still hovered around the last playoff spot for most of the season and after a spell of late-season wins managed to climb up to 5th with 2 games to go. A poor finish with 2 losses would however prove too weak and only good for 7th behind Bristol City on goal difference.

FA Cup | League Cup

Not a spectacular cup season; we did well until drawing the Premiership teams.

Squad

A lack of proper provision from the new 4-4-2's defensive wingers left Pinto and Lascaux with few clear-cut chances to score, so ~20 goals a piece is something I'm quite happy with. I seriously doubt a lone striker would've closed in on 40 against this opposition, so considering the new tactic has kept our defence together and allowed 2 up front I'm quite satisfied. The highlight is otherwise Roddy Wilson, a young scotsman I bought for way too much money hoping he'll develop into the Premiership defender my scout claims he can. The assistant doesn't quite agree, so we'll see. He did well this season with the highest average rating of the regular CB's.

Transfers

Strengthening all around. Also had to let go of a bunch of central midfielders in January as they were on way too expensive contracts for the playtime they shared now that we're down to 2 guys in central midfield. Vialle probably stands out from the rest in that he never featured in a single game—and was never meant to. Lascaux had problems adjusting to the English lifestyle and I simply needed a fellow frenchman to help him settle in.

Finances

The big problem area this season. A balance of ~£2.5M has turned into ~£650K over the course of one season, a trend we certainly can't afford to continue. My £800K transfer spending certainly contributed, but that still leaves a million in losses. Predictably a 4500 capacity (1100 seated) stadium can't really support Championship wages, and the board refuses upgrades as we don't own the stadium. It looks like I might have to stick to free transfers next season and pray for a good cup run to stay in the black...

Aim for next season: Playoff spot, get the finances sorted.

Code:
    Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
    2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
    2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
    2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
    2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
    2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
    2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
    2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
    2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -

Part-Timer

As it stands in my final game i'm beating Gillingham 2-0 while Crewe are losing to relegation battlers Swindon 1-0. If it stays like this we win the league!

I'm 62 minutes in now...

75 minutes; Rodger nets his second to send us 3-0 up. Crewe are still losing.

FULL TIME; Swindon beat Crewe 1-0 as we win 3-0. King's Lynn are champions of League 1!
    Last edited by Gypsum; 08-11-2009 at 20:49.

Part-Timer

Congrats Gypsum!

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2013/2014 Season Review- Blue Square Premier

Season Review: My 2nd season in the BNP was similar to last season in the fact that we started well again winning four of our first five games, but instead of falling off as we did last season, we were able to push on and claim a playoff position by finishing 3rd. In the playoffs we drew Dagenham & Redbridge in the semis and drew the first leg 0-0, being the away leg I wasn't too disappointed with this result. In the home leg we smashed them 3-1 to progress to the playoff final. In the final we drew Mansfield and won, 3-2, in front of 38,819 at Wembley.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Transfers
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs

Third Team

Brilliance from Rodger there Gypsum

Amateur

Thanks again to everyone who helped with the list of teams that are being managed. I think there are a few more to be added now like Nantwich, Hednesford and Durham among others. After many times reloading and much deliberating I've decided to finally go for Burscough. So here I am

Burscough Manager

Part-Timer

And congrats to Gareth as well.

Part-Timer

Congrats Gypsum!
    Thanks. Looks like you're doing a good job with Kingstonian. I'm worried about the Championship. I think our progress has been a bit too quick and I doubt we'll have the finances or squad to do anything special. The step up may give us a bit of a struggle.

My scout has reported a 39 year-old David Beckham available on a free, and willing to sign for just £1,000 a week! He can't run, but his technical stats are superb. It'd be great to get him!

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Brilliance from Rodger there Gypsum
    He's awesome! His form in the past 4 years have earned him a contract for life!

Amateur

And congrats to Gareth as well.
    Thanks

Amateur

I've started with Merthyr doing pretty well by my standards at the minute(probably shouldn't of said that). 6 out of 7 wins so far in friendlys including a 2-0 win over Morecambe and a 6-1 win over Havant and W. So good so far

Amateur

How come i couldnt get Craig McShea,Gallacher and Adam Hunter to join me as FC United ?

I offered max wages to them .

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtdFan View Post
    How come i couldnt get Craig McShea,Gallacher and Adam Hunter to join me as FC United ?

sometimes its just luck, also fc utd have a pretty low reputation which counts for a lot.
    I had no trouble signing them all for merthyr at the start of the first season
    Last edited by Thebaker; 08-11-2009 at 21:33.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtdFan View Post

FC United do have a pretty low rep, it could be that.

Amateur

Nuneaton are massively overated by SI, i mean come on 1700 rep, when they get promoted they're media prediction is 4th, totally unrealistic as they were never a force when they were in the BSN, and i would since i am Blyth Spartans fan who are in the BSN!

Amateur

Well in my first season he was amazing, as the attacking centre-mid in my 4-1-3-2 formation. But I was conceding so many goals with that tactic that I switched to a 4-4-2 in my 2nd season, and with this tactic he just wasn't as successful, unfortunately, and so I swapped him with Ryan Jarvis, who turned out to do pretty well. This 3rd season I signed Francis Quarm for that position, and so with him and Jarvis ahead of him, Shields' only opportunity for games has been when other players have been injured. It's a pity, I might have to sell him soon.
    Having said that, I just played the GH Academy and won 7-2, with Shields coming off the bench to score 2 cracking goals, so anything could happen. Another 'problem' highlighted by that match, is my strikers. They're just too good to leave out. Apart from Super Kyle, Super Gareth and Super Pavol, I've just signed 3 more. One of them (on loan from my parent club) got a debut hat-trick against the Academy, the other is easily on par with Wilson and Evans, and the last one is 17-year old sensation Ron Franks, who I can largely thank for promotion last season.

Currently considering a 3-1-6 formation.

First Team Squad Member
    Dat Guy Welbz is now 223 goals away from equalling Henry's record at Arsenal

have given this another go with Ilkeston.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Spartansteen View Post
    Nuneaton are massively overated by SI, i mean come on 1700 rep, when they get promoted they're media prediction is 4th, totally unrealistic as they were never a force when they were in the BSN, and i would since i am Blyth Spartans fan who are in the BSN!
    I understand what you are saying with SI making rep totally unbelievable but i have supported the Boro all my life and we have got a good reputation from our blue square premier days but what i dont see is why the rep in fm 08 when we where in the blue square north is 1500 and in fm 10 it is larger even though we are in a lower league
    oh and also you cant sayu we werent a force in the blue square north when we were two points away from the playoffs
    Last edited by Shorty Boy; 08-11-2009 at 22:06.

Part-Timer

Geez... I had £4M offer for Lascaux accepted, but he obviously had to go and turn down their contract. Now he wants to move to a bigger club but no one wants him, so I'm stuck with both him and the replacement I'd already signed as I assumed the deal would go through.

Part-Timer

Welsh Wizard - Carshalton - Blue Square Premier - 2011/12 - Season 2

Table | Past Positions Graph | Player Stats

Predicted: 22th
    Finished: 4th (play-off winners)

After a slow start to the season I was getting ready for the relegation battle but things picked up and we held at mid table for abit before a late surge up the table which was helped with the return of some key players from injury.

Play-offs

Semi

Leg 1
    Leg 2

Final

FA Cup - Lost in 4th round Qual vs Salisbury
    FA Trophy - Lost in 1st round vs Gateshead

Not so well in the cups

Team Stats
    Team General

Transfers - Some are show on last years which I said.
    Finances

Key Players

Zoltan Harsanyi - Great season I hope it will continue in L2

Daniel Jones - With his speed he was a constant threat down the left which give him a few goals and a load of assist.

Inigo Idiakez - Getting on abit but he still has great technical ability

Targets

Decent cup run to ease debt
    Improve squad and get rid of dead wood

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSS                 1st                       Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 4th                       Play-off Winners

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 72 ... LastLast