+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,900 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Third Team

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Ah, fair enough.

Got an international break for my team as two people are in the U21s and 1 is in the Northern Ireland full team. Organised a friendly with Newcastle United, which will bring in roughly 70k in gate reciepts

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

hmm, a board takeover is closing in, transfer embargo and rumors of a consortium keen on installing Hessenthaler as the new manager....

Third Team

Hessenthaler

What club you in charge of?

Youth Team

FC United of Manchester – Blue Square South – 2011/2012

With our media prediction risen dramatically from bottom to 10th, I was hopeful of another play-off place or, with a bit of luck, automatic promotion.

League Table

A highly disappointing final position with a number of cheap goals costing us throughout the season, losing 14 games was never going to be good enough for promotion.

Squad

Sam Ashton
    – decent season, 23 clean sheets is impressive and will hold the number 1 spot next season. 16-year-old Clive Dolby is his back-up
    Luke Garrard – new signing, slotted in at right-back and handled defensive duties well.
    Adam Tong – Another good season from the centre-back, played every game and will be first choice again next season
    Declan Gallacher – Former Celtic youngster made 47 appearances, part of the defence with the 2nd best record in the league.
    Simon Garner – Key part of the back-four and chipped in with 8 assists, carrying on from last seasons good form.
    Carlos Roca – Played up front and impressed for the last few games, but spent most of the season on the wing, chipping in with 9 assists and 5 goals.
    Nick Main – 11 assists and 4 goals from the star midfielder.
    Frankie Low – The Rangers youth product rotated with Declan Freeman and Joe O'Sullivan for the season, with none of them able to hold down a permanent spot in the team.
    Jerome Wright – Our most creative player with 14 assists from the left wing.
    Bradley Gray – Lost his place late on in the season after an unimpressive goal tally of just 8 in 38.
    Kyle Wilson – An astonishing return of 48 goals in 50 games means he has scored 85 goals in his 2 seasons back at the club. We rely on him far too much.

FA Cup

Didn't quite match our run last season, falling to League 1 Swindon in the 1st round.

FA Trophy

Had an easy run to the 2nd round, where we put in a decent performance but lost out in the end to Stalybridge.

Finances

Looking fairly healthy, and I'll try to keep it that way.

Aims for next season:-
    Simply, automatic promotion. We have a decent squad, where the younger players of last season will be more effective next year so I feel we have a good chance, as long as we keep hold of Kyle Wilson, of course.

Youth Team

Ahhh got some tense matches coming up! Should actually have some interesting things to put in my next seasonal update, so may make it a bit longer and add some screenies

Amateur

just won first league game 4-0 Bring on Promotion lol

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mag man View Post
    Hessenthaler

What club you in charge of?
    Merthyr in BSP, hovering around play off with the cash balance firmly in red , 700k last time i checked. Got a 3. round match in the FA cup away to Leeds, currently in the premiership, so hopefully that'll bring in some much needed income

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Just out of interest is anyone else playing as Sutton Utd? if you are how are you doing?

Youth Team

Oh my face

(I'm Nuneaton )

Reserves

Finished 3rd, now going through the play-offs!

Semi Pro

Right Im starting now. Got bored waiting. Will reload a few times trying to get Boreham Wood, but then might have to settle for someone else.

By the way, I know editing is strictly speaking not allowed, but is it ok that I've changed the names of various competitions (Premier Division --> Premiership, EURO Cup --> Europa League etc.)?

Youth Team

2010/11 BSN - 7th
    2011/12 BSN - 7th

2011-12 Season - Nuneaton Town

Blue Square North: 4th (Promoted via Playoffs)
    FA Cup: 3rd Round (lost to Leeds)
    FA Trophy: Semi-Final (lost to Harrogate)

Summary: Much better season this time! That's not to say we didn't still have problems, dropping from title challengers to 10th place with a 9 game winless run, but the cups probably saved my job and eventually winning the playoffs was a great way to finish.

At the start of the season the club was taken over (no money ) which was okay, but my contract was up for renewal and I hadn't exactly set the world on fire for the previous regime - plus they said they intended on bringing in a new manager - so I thought my time was up! Somehow I managed to land a 3 year extension, and I went into the season with high hopes.

In a nutshell, started good, middle bad, finished good. Here's some screenies of the playoff semi-final second leg and playoff final

Had some job offers from bottom-end League Two clubs that had been taken over by consortia lead by no less than Edwin van der Sar and Javier Zanetti, which was flattering, but I probably wouldn't have taken them regardless of this challenge. Mansfield were in a mess and I thought they'd probably be relegated anyway - which they were - and Burton Albion weren't much better. Onwards and upwards with Nuneaton!

Part-timer

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    If they did it doesn't show as centre back is his only position, also most AI trained players have good physical attributes usually
    When a player gets trained to a new position but doesn't get played in that position or continually trained they can lose the position, doesn't happen with everyone but can happen, especially if they were not natural to that position in the first place

Amateur

Good start for me as Tooting Won 2 Lost 1 ( only because the oppostion had 2 penalties to win 3-2)

Fabian Batchelor has been my best performer so far 4 goals in 3 games.

Signings
    Dan Beck - scored twice already... looks a good buy already
    Nathan Crabb - Upfront with Fabian scoring once and 2 assists
    Brought in 2 GKs Russel Howarth & Gareth Williams
    A solid old DM to help out my defence, Danny Rofe

Hopefully my luck will continue

Will keep you updated.....

Reserves

Last edited by Cardiovascular; 06-11-2009 at 19:00.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Right Im starting now. Got bored waiting. Will reload a few times trying to get Boreham Wood, but then might have to settle for someone else.

By the way, I know editing is strictly speaking not allowed, but is it ok that I've changed the names of various competitions (Premier Division --> Premiership, EURO Cup --> Europa League etc.)?
    As long as you haven't used the editor, then that is fine.

Semi Pro

With Salisbury now 8 pts clear at the top without looking like they will slip up it looks like the best i can hope for is the playoffs. In the last 9 league games theyve won 8 and drawn 1 (the draw was against us)

Amateur

I'm about to start this challenge after having attempted it on FM 07 and almost completing it with AFC Wimbledon. Wanted to get a team that no one has one yet. Was wondering if there was any way a list could be made by all showing which teams people are currently playing with, by possibly adding your name and team you're using if you don't see that team already on the list already provided. I'll start with dafuge as namesake of the thread. Thanks in advance.

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    Playoff semi final, leg 2

Record attendance broken by almost 2000

Reserves

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    As long as you haven't used the editor, then that is fine.
    I have, but just to change the names of those competitions - is that ok?

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiovascular View Post
    congratz on promotion.
    but damn you for beating h+r

Amateur

There's something about Hinckley my team dont like, they just beat me 4-1 in the league and 4-0 in the FA cup in the space of a week, i'm 7th in the league, while Hinckley are 15th. Oh well.

Third Team

My friendly versus Newcastle during the international break ended in a 2-1 loss for me, which wasn't bad, 70k of ticket sales will cover the wage for about 7 weeks

Reserves

2012/2013 - Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular

A season I had high-ish hopes for, I thought we could push for a top-half finished and told the board so. Their response was to lower the wage budget. After our good start with the board, the season was shaky when we started but it soon picked up and we never looked back ultimately, and promotion was sealed with a 1-0 victory over Hampton & Richmond in the BSS play-off final.

League Finish: 3rd
    League Positions Graph

As we neared the top following the shaky start, we never really did look like we'd lose. After an absolute thrashing in the FA Cup, we lost form and struggled to maintain our high standards but to my delight, we did pull it back and finish 3rd to make the play-offs.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1
    Playoff Semi Final Leg 2
    Playoff Final

Our triumph over both Hampton & Richmond and Chelmsford, and ultimately our promotion, meant I finished Runner up in Manager of the Season.

FA Cup - Do you really want me to talk about it? I think I'd get banned..
    FA Trophy - A loss in the first round to Merthyr ensures an awful season for us in the cups this year.

Transfers

Thurlbourne came in to be our resident DMC and promptly made himself that, whereas Lindie and Cole were both back-up.

Key Player Profiles

Tom Bryant - Tom was our star player this year and the partnership of him and Eastham were near enough unstoppable. Chipped in with 5 goals as well to round off a great season for him.

Ashley Eastham - Alongside Bryant, we had a solid defence and Eastham also chipped in with his fair share of goals.. again, he was excellent.

Eugene Cunningham - Eugene joined us 2 seasons ago and this was his best one since joining. He played regularly down the left, both scoring and assisting plenty of times.

Fabio Ferreira - The Portuguese youngster was fantastic down the right, with 12 and 13 goals and assists respectively. He was excellent this year, truly amazing.

Michal Dolinajec - Without a shadow of a doubt, the best player this year. Scored an incredible amount of goals from the attacking midfield position and evem threw in 12 assists. Unbelievable and excellent.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square South          16th         -
    2011/12    Blue Square South          13th         -
    2012/13    Blue Square South           3rd         Promotion

Third Team

BBC talking to Tooting and Mitcham players

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    He looks amazing for the bsn, you should be getting at least 2 a game when you are playing him and super kyle upfront
    Looks like they're going to do the business as I just finished my first league game of the season, beating Kings Lynn 2-0 away. Evans and Wilson both scored, with each one setting up the other's goal. Looks like a successful partnership Only problem is now Suhaj is left on the subs bench, and when he was by far my best player last season, that's really not fair.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
    Looks like they're going to do the business as I just finished my first league game of the season, beating Kings Lynn 2-0 away. Evans and Wilson both scored, with each one setting up the other's goal. Looks like a successful partnership Only problem is now Suhaj is left on the subs bench, and when he was by far my best player last season, that's really not fair.
    sometimes you have to be ruthless to do well. It may be unfair to leave him on the bench but he should get a few games when one of them gets injured

First Team Squad Member

Where do you get the career overview info from? I'm going to write up an update later.

Amateur

Time to start these story- gonna be crazy :|

Reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Hexhamlad View Post
    Where do you get the career overview info from? I'm going to write up an update later.
    Just c+p mine (I did that with dafuge's) and replace the relevant parts.

Just destroyed, in my 4th match in BSP, Tamworth at home with 5-0. Hope this continues for the rest of the season

Amateur

Am having a rather enjoyable cup run in the first season. FA Cup First Round.

Been drawn at home to Dartford in the 2nd round aswell so a good chance to make the 3rd round in the first season.

Tooting and Mitcham - dafuge
    Truro City - Hexhamlad
    Carshalton - DanGLiverpool
    FC United - dudge7
    Tonbridge Angels - Cardiovascular
    Boston United - WillCarruthers
    Cambridge City - Cerneo
    Sutton Utd - hrbfcrule
    Bedford Town - craigjuk
    Oxford City - Smithers
    Kings Lynn - PVentress
    Merthyr - help!!!
    Nuneaton - SnakeXe
    Guiseley - foost
    Canvey Island - Scooty_BAFC

Mmm revange is sweet. After losing last year in the FA Trophy against Southport (1-4 *ouch*), I am playing them now in the BSP... Winning 3-1! Woho

Amateur

Just going through the holiday process now. Should be done by 9 I'd imagine..

Amateur

is it true that you can only sign players who you can get scout reports for?

im interested in signing brian mcbride but cant get a scout report for him so not sure if its breaking the rules...

Get him on trial, if you succeed in that you can bring him in.

Reserves

Offer trial if you can't and it's allowed. It is true though.

First Team Squad Member

Can you offer a trial?

Also cheers Cardio, I will do it soon.

Amateur

I don't see why you should have to scout McBride to sign him; he's a pretty well-known player.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
    I don't see why you should have to scout McBride to sign him; he's a pretty well-known player.
    Doesn't matter, if he can't be scouted, then the rules say you must trial him first. Unfortunately that is how it works.

Amateur

wow quick answers hehe.

yes, i can offer him a trial... but what do i do after that if he accepts? will the option be available to sign/scout afterwards?

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Kings Lynn - Blue Square Premier - 2012/2013

Predicted: 20th
    Finished: 13th

This will be a really short update as the season was a very poor effort and overall a massive disapointment.

We started well and had a solid, if inconsistent run to January, however we were in 4th plkace at the turn of the year and looked good for a challange and at the least a play off spot, but then we got decimated by injuries.

I lost my goal scorer, Nick blackman, for 4 months and we did not see him again for the rest of the season, he had 27 goals by mid January and was pretty much the reason we were up at the top. We also lost 4 centre backs for between 2 -3 months and had to fill in with Midfielders for that time.

Needless to say things did not go well, form disappeared and we plummeted down the league, struggling to kepp clean sheets and no real punch up front.

The season limped to a conclusion in 13th place on the exact same points tally as the year previous.

Another off season of rebuilding is definately in order

League Table
    Transfers
    Squad

Code:

Season League                          Position                Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11 Blue Square North                  2nd           Promotion, Play Off Winners
    2011/12 Blue Square Premier               13th           -
    2012/13 Blue Square Premier               13th           -
    Last edited by PVentress; 06-11-2009 at 20:43.

Semi Pro

Amateur

I can't see any bug?

Amateur

It's not a bug, it happened to me too because of the geographical positions of the teams that got promoted/relegated. Don't see why it should make things unfair.

Look it on the bride side PVentress, if you win 4 times more next season you're in the playoff

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Look it on the bride side PVentress, if you win 4 times more next season you're in the playoff

Your right, is just gutting to be in such a good position at january and see your team fall apart in the run in,

But with a few additions i am certain promotion is on the cards next season

Semi Pro

My Initial Profile

Going for the wonderfully named Chippenham Town this year. Does anyone have kitpacks for the Blue Square Divisions?

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Just made a good start to my League 2 campaign with a 3-1 win over Torquay. Nice to see Craig Rodger get on the scoresheet (he also hit the post which led to the second goal), which now means he has scored in the BSN, BSP, League 2 and League 1. A pretty impressive feat. If he could get around 30 goals like he has in the other divisions that would be even more impressive!

First Team Squad Member

The list is going well, it should be added to the OP once most people are listed.

Amateur

getting frustrated at the amount of players that my assistant manager filters as being interested in signing for me... then when i go to sign them they have no interest whatsoever to join me.

fdggzfdbvszf!

Amateur

ok started with Guiseley: http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/r...rent=start.jpg
    when am i supposed to add my name to the list.
    Many thanks Tom

Part-Timer

Started this earlier in the week.....Manager's Profile

Carshalton Athletic - 2010-11 - BSS

Transfers

Predicted to come 15th but the team put in a fantastic effort and ended up 1st - League Table scoring over 100 goals while only letting in 37 goals in the league. With an amazing 30 goals in 25 league games Simon Thomas help carry Carshalton to the league as did the promising youth talent Mark French who managed 17 league goals 30 appearances although im sure that he could have got more if he didn't get injured so often.

Some fantastic results in the FA Cup including a 3-0 win at Milwall got us through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we met West Brom at home which attracted the TV cameras but unfortunatly we were thumped 7-0...Still £114k was earnt from that game

Another amazing cup run ncluding an away win in the semi final against Luton meant we made the FA Trophy Final where we met Kettering Town. Mark French opened the scoring after thrity seconds a close range finish, then Kettering then went up the other end straight from kick off and hit the post and from then on they pinned us in to our area until Craig Mahon equalised for them in the 45th minute...he then got clean through in the 60th minute and hit the post and then that @@@@@@ finally put Kettering in the lead in the 89th minute to break Carshalton hearts... The defence just couldnt deal with Craig Mahon throughout but I'm happy that we managed to get to the final in the first place.

Finances are looking amazing due to the Cup Runs.

Squad

All in all a pretty amazing season definately one of the best I've ever had on FM with a poor team, which I will look to build on for next season
    Last edited by antfm08; 06-11-2009 at 21:15.

Quote Originally Posted by tomc990 View Post
    ok started with Guiseley: http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/r...rent=start.jpg
    when am i supposed to add my name to the list.
    Many thanks Tom
    Nice to see someone else having Guiseley! Lets bring glory to them tom

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by antfm08 View Post
    Started this earlier in the week.....Manager's Profile

Carshalton Athletic - 2010-11 - BSS

Transfers

Predicted to come 15th but the team put in a fantastic effort and ended up 1st - League Table scoring over 100 goals while only letting in 37 goals in the league. With an amazing 30 goals in 25 league games Simon Thomas help carry Carshalton to the league as did the promising youth talent Mark French who managed 17 league goals 30 appearances although im sure that he could have got more if he didn't get injured so often.

Some fantastic results in the FA Cup including a 3-0 win at Milwall got us through to the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we met West Brom at home which attracted the TV cameras but unfortunatly we were thumped 7-0...Still £114k was earnt from that game

Another amazing cup run ncluding an away win in the semi final against Luton meant we made the FA Trophy Final where we met Kettering Town. Mark French opened the scoring after thrity seconds a close range finish, then Kettering then went up the other end straight from kick off and hit the post and from then on they pinned us in to our area until Craig Mahon equalised for them in the 45th minute...he then got clean through in the 60th minute and hit the post and then that @@@@@@ finally put Kettering in the lead in the 89th minute to break Carshalton hearts... The defence just couldnt deal with Craig Mahon throughout but I'm happy that we managed to get to the final in the first place.

Finances are looking amazing due to the Cup Runs.

Squad

All in all a pretty amazing season, which I will look to build on for next season
    Congrats on promotion antfm
    good luck next season

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Nice to see someone else having Guiseley! Lets bring glory to them tom
    Yeah thanks- shall i join the list?

Semi Pro

Ouch. So much for Capello-inspired brilliance...

Amateur

this is my sutton united start page btw... forgot to upload it when i started.

http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/a...ted-Manage.jpg

@tomc990: off course!

//

Couldnt wish for a better start in the BSP... Harsanyi does wonders for me.. 8 out of 8. Next to Brouwer who got 4 out of 8 and last but not least Armstrong with 3 out of 8

(4-3-3)

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spankie View Post

hrbfcrule - I'm just halfway into pre-season for my second season and I automatic promotion from the BSS. Money's a little tight but I've signed 2 very good players, have 2 more on trial and I hope to sign a midfielder who could play as a deep lying playmaker after he finishes the England trial match. I'm also seeing if I can get a few more young players for the future, at the moment I'm getting players that are ready for the first team.
    kl atm im in my 1st season, im 2nd 10 pts off salisbury(1st) and 8pts inside the playoffs with 14 games to go

First Team Squad Member

Two 9th place finishes in a row, I really need to push for the playoffs this season. The board are simply delighted with my performance, it's more of a personal goal.

Amateur

Farnborough is my destination for my first attempt at this challenge.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/694...gerprofile.png

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Just made a good start to my League 2 campaign with a 3-1 win over Torquay. Nice to see Craig Rodger get on the scoresheet (he also hit the post which led to the second goal), which now means he has scored in the BSN, BSP, League 2 and League 1. A pretty impressive feat. If he could get around 30 goals like he has in the other divisions that would be even more impressive!
    And in the next match Rodger scores a hat-trick as we came back from 2-0 down beat Leeds 4-2 (aet) in the League cup 1st round. Excellent performance from the whole team and my new signings really impressed. Unfortunately my new striker Krzysztof Chrapek picked up a twisted ankle, but otherwise an excellent result!

Part-timer

Forgot to take screen shots from last seson as I was so ingrossed in forwarding so we enter our new stadium, we didn't pull up any trees though but managed to avoid relegation and finished in 17th place. Didn't do anything in the cups either but that kinda suited me really as we didn't have a big enough squad for the battle against relegation plus cup games.

I've done most of the pre season preparing for Hendons second season in the championship and have made quite a few changes, my 4132 whilst being steady really struggles in the championship, without amazing midfielders we struggled to create many chances so have gone to a 442 which meant bringing in wingers again.

Will take some screenshots and post them tomorrow, I hope one of my signings really excites you, he really looks EPL quality so should be massive for us this season, we fought off competition from 4 EPL clubs to sign him!

wow, my team this season must be rocking good since I win a game 1-2 where i lose a defender on a red card in the 8th minute

Amateur

So, after 2 days of reloading, I finally managed to score myself some sub-1000 reputation team action. Isn't that what all the kids are doing these days?

Marine!

Only after doing so, did I realise that the kind Glibster had uploaded a Marine Saved Game

Ah well, at least I earned the glory myself

Having no idea where Marine actually IS, after a quick look in google, I found out that it is a Liverpool based club. So looking forward to hammering those Liverpudlians and Evertonians in about 2030...
    Last edited by SuperRedditch; 06-11-2009 at 22:09.

Amateur

Anyone know if the natural fitness stat can be trained higher?

Semi Pro

Chippenham = Western England, near Bristol, Swindon and...well...Wales!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cerneo View Post
    Anyone know if the natural fitness stat can be trained higher?
    i don't think so

Amateur

Epic comeback!

3-0 down after 19 minutes...

Semi Pro

Does anyone know of any good part-time training schedules?

Third Team

Ok, this season will just be a review, no pictures unfortunately.

Carshalton Season Review - 2014/15 - League 2 - 15th

Basically, I told the board I would avoid relegation, and that I did. I don't think I ever fell into the relegations spots all season, and in the end I finished comfortably in 15th, 11 points off relegation.

The FA Cup saw me crash out to Southampton, whereas the League Cup saw me get an away win at Championship Swansea before falling to Premiership West Ham. The JPT saw me go out 3-0 to Bournemouth. Overall, it was a decent enough season.

However, the wage budget was way too high, paying £1.1 million a season. Therefore, I seriously trimmed the backup down to size, and am making some saving in wage budget, although not as much as I hoped I would

Reserves

I love the GH Academy.

Played them in a previous season and a Bulgarian ST by the name of Radoslav Vasilev impressed with 2 goals. Noticed he had been released on a free this season, picked him up and he has scored 10 in 9.

Amateur

Ok, 2 solid nights of reloading from the 24th trying to get Truro. I've already Pm'd one person who has a Truro save on the go, but if anyone has an original Truro save before they've made any of their changes please put me out of my misery!!!

In the meantime I've just installed FM on my desktop as well as my laptop & i'm now loading the save on both machines, double my chances.

It's crazy seeing as Truro are/were one of the favourites for the division. I must have reloaded at least a few hundred times by now... :-(

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by tomc990 View Post
    i don't think so
    Darn keep have to take my star striker out every third game... maybe I will move him to a lighter training regime.

Third Team

Got Portsmouth away in the FA Cup 3rd round

Unfortunately they are still at Fratton Park, and not the new, bigger stadium

What is the GH Academy btw? Next to Glen Hoddle

Part-Timer

Glennuk - Kendal Town - Season 1 - Blue Square North - 4th - PLAYOFF WINNERS

Well the first season went quite well.
    I bought in alot of players and it took a while for them to gel, but once they did they were clearly a fine set of players.
    I was worried as my money was constantly dipping, losing about 12k a month, even though i tried to trim down my squad and get rid of some back up players.

Towards the end of the season Kendal Town performed very well, and always looked like the favourites for going up through the play offs.

So the final league table is here - http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...inallegaue.gif

Kendal Squad - http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...endalsquad.gif

Next is a player i bought in during the middle of November. He really did help my defence look alot more solid, and a player who i think can do well in the BSP next season. Introducing CAMANO http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...euk/camano.gif

Prehaps my personal favourite is James Keatings who plays in the diamond just below my two strikers http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...k/keatings.gif

Luckily i signed the following player. He was not first choice at the begining of the season and when i clicked confirm signing i actually regretted it, but boy did he prove me wrong, finished top scorer for Kendal and was a solid player throughotu the season, introducing the one and only Darryn Stamp http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e...neuk/stamp.gif

The final player i want to introduce came in on his reputation alone - Also he was a former ITFC player
    But when he did come what an impact he made, 7 assists in 17 appearances and solid performances to boot, a bit old but still had the talent George O Callaghan http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/e.../callagahn.gif

Next Seasons Goals
    1. Improve Finances (Somehow)
    2. Keep hold of key players
    3. Bring in some more 5 star players

PS: Any views welcome
    Last edited by glennuk; 06-11-2009 at 23:08. Reason: Added another pic

World Cup Winner

I have, but just to change the names of those competitions - is that ok?
    No, we have to be completely clear with a total ban on editors, no exceptions. If you want to use real names then you will have to 'find' another way to use the 'real names' in 'FM'.

I hope you understand what I'm saying here.

Semi Pro

Does anyone know of any good part-time training schedules?
    Kind of got lost amongst all the people adding to the list. Anyone?

World Cup Winner

Kind of got lost amongst all the people adding to the list. Anyone?
    I've always got them onto full time schedules as soon as possible, I've never used part time schedules.

Semi Pro

Oh - dafuge, I've started now! I can show you the database files to prove its just names....I've got into the game now though

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I've always got them onto full time schedules as soon as possible, I've never used part time schedules.
    Wont that be a huge drain on cash reserves? It costs more to have them on full time contracts, right?

Semi Pro

This is getting ridiculous, i now have 4 strikers out on long term injuries: 4-5 weeks,3-4 months,5-6 months, 9-10 months

World Cup Winner

Oh - dafuge, I've started now! I can show you the database files to prove its just names....I've got into the game now though
    I thought the rules were pretty clear, let me know if they need re-writing.

World Cup Winner

Wont that be a huge drain on cash reserves? It costs more to have them on full time contracts, right?
    It does cost a lot more but I've found it is worth it, full time players seem to perform a lot better than part time players.

Semi Pro

i know i know, i just like that realism of competition names being correct. Surely this doesnt affect the game?

Semi Pro

as for contracts - yeah but i just cant afford that yet! I've just started!!

World Cup Winner

i know i know, i just like that realism of competition names being correct. Surely this doesnt affect the game?
    It won't, but we do have a strict no editors rule and you could have changed the names without using it. This challenge has very few rules but to keep the integrity of it we really do need to enforce them.

If you feel the need to prove to everyone else that you have not changed anything else and carry on, then free to do so, but I just need to make the point that nobody should be using the editor at all.

Part-Timer

Don't even know how we pulled this one off

Seems I've hit gold with a few small adjustments to the 4-5-1; they finished 5th in the Premiership last season!

Semi Pro

I've done a lot of work on the game now and I dont really want to start again. How could I prove that the only changes I have made is to the competition names? I named the editor file "proper competition names" or something...

Reserves

GreyedOutMan, the rules state "no editors" and I see nothing difficult with that?

World Cup Winner

I've done a lot of work on the game now and I dont really want to start again. How could I prove that the only changes I have made is to the competition names? I named the editor file "proper competition names" or something...
    I've got no idea.

To be honest though, I trust you that nothing dodgy has gone on, I just need to make the point that the editor is not to be used so people don't make this mistake in the future.

Carry on as usual, it should be pretty obvious to everyone that nothing untoward has gone on. If it does appear that something is wrong then I'm sure people will point it out.

Semi Pro

I'd say so...I took the "no editors rule" to mean no dodgy stuff rather than no convenience stuff. I just use that file with all my saves, so that level of realism is added to the game. No editing was done specifically for this game, and no files used for any other reasons in other games were used. If anyone knows a way to prove this, please let me know

Also, based on my first few results, accusations of cheating shouldnt be a problem 3 games, no goals, one point.
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 06-11-2009 at 23:40.

Reserves

I love it when a plan falls together

Was 1-0 down at half-time, tweaked the tactics and player roles.. won 5-1

Part-Timer

So close!

We need to practice penalties...

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    Got Portsmouth away in the FA Cup 3rd round

Unfortunately they are still at Fratton Park, and not the new, bigger stadium
    As far as I can recall Pompey still play at Fratton and are not in a new stadium yet. There are a couple of Portsmouth lads doing this challenge, perhaps they know for certain.

Amateur

Quite pleased with my start with Guiseley its now october and i'm 8th in the blue square north despite 20th media prediction, my main concern is finance though- best sort that out it january

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 85 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 69 ... LastLast