+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,600 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Don't you just love , when the opposing teams defender gives a ****** backpass to the goalkeeper , who gives the ball to your striker , who scores into an empty net ?

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelS View Post
    Anyone else experienced a great amount of serious injuries?

This is my u18 squad with injury status. 2 x Broken arm, broken leg, broken ankle + 1 broken foot in main squad.
    I have barely had any injuries. None serious. My star striker who has played 109 league games for me from the BSN to League 2 hasn't suffered a single injury in his career! Maybe i'm not working them hard enough!

Amateur

Lol just won 10-0 against the GH Acadamy in a friendly

Semi Pro

Anyone seen any sign of Boreham Wood at any point? I wanna start this challenge!!

Amateur

Just about to start my first play-off semi-final leg against Hinckley; I feel sick
    I beat them home and away in the league so I should be fine, although both wins were the results of ridiculousdly lucky injury time winners.

- Yes! Got a penalty on 21 mins! Suhaj scores!
    - 2-0!!!!!!
    - 2-0 at half-time, looking good.
    - Oh no, 2-1, 10 minutes to go
    - We Won!!!

Good to finally see the stadium maxed out for a change.
    Last edited by Smithers; 04-11-2009 at 20:34.

Part-Timer

4 games left in my first season I'm 2nd by one point and play 3rd and 1st in the last 2 games of the season. I already got a play-off place but automatic would be so much easier

Here is my profile

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Kings Lynn - Blue Square North - 2010/2011

Predicted: 16th
    Finished: 2nd

Coming in to Season 1 it was quite a daunting prospect, ambitions were for a top half finish with an outside stab at the Play Offs if we managed to get on a bit of a role.

The season started with defeat at home to Boston Utd and a pretty poor performance all round, 8 debuts could have had an effect but expected a bit more.

Got our 1st win in the next game and then we really kicked on, the team gelled quickly and we went on a great run of only 3 defeats in the next 15 games which catapulted us up to the top echelons, and after 19 Games we were top of the league and playing some cracking stuff.

Unfortunately, it seemed as if my team had enjoyed the Christmas spirit just a little to much and a horrendous run from 26th Dec to 29th January saw us win only one game and draw 6 leading to a crash down the league table all the way to 5th Place and 7 pts behind the leaders Braintree.

The slump was ended with a 3 -1 away win at Alfreton and thankfully the team woke up and realised they had promotion to fight for, from that point on the team had 14 Games remaining and all to play for.

What happened next was nothing short of remarkable,

In the last 14 games the team had a record of P14 W11 D1 L2

This ensured we came 2nd in the league and ended 4 pts behind Braintree who after taking over from us in top spot in January never let it slip till the end and were probably worthy champions.

And so to the Playoffs

I dont think i have ever had such a rollercoaster ride in any 2 legged event before

Playoff Leg One

Lost 2 -0 Away in the first leg, Team didnt turn up at all and were well beaten,

Then 2nd Leg this Happened,

Playoff Leg Two

1 - 0 Down at half time, making it 3 - 0 down on aggregate, team werent playing and looked awful, gave them a rollicking and a change of tactics and sent them out to turn it around, or at least get some pride back.

4 Goals in 14 2nd half minutes turned the tie on its head and i was again thinking of promotion and the final, but disaster, a goal on the break against and so to extra time.

Where Adam Tong came up eith an Immense header to send us through and cap one of the best comebacks i have ever witnessed from a team i have managed

Playoff Final

PROMOTION!!!!!!!

Won the final 1 - 0 in a fairly uneventful game, BSP here we come

Star Players
    Valentin Milenov - Midfield Meastro and my Playmaker, Goals and Assists galore, felt like i had Glenn hoddle in midfield at times - Won BSN Player of the Season
    Adam Tong - A Rock at the back, and popped up with a fair few importnat goals aswell
    James Keatings - A little erratic and took a long while to get going but was the teams top scorer

League Table
    Transfers
    Squad
    Last edited by PVentress; 04-11-2009 at 20:39.

Youth Team

I'm starting with Nuneaton Town, I should be able to post my profile in a about 2 weeks.

Amateur

Angry Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

The Save game could not be loaded .

Might do it again next month . Just gonna be Man Utd .

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Anyone seen any sign of Boreham Wood at any point? I wanna start this challenge!!
    Ive seen them once, but i didnt save

Im still waiting for Whitby, might do some more reloading tonight

Semi Pro

If anyone else sees them, please SAVE

Amateur

Part-Timer

Kingstonian (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 12
    Blue Square South Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    Started out really really bad. Our first game of the season we lost 5-0 :O we picked it up after some tuning of tactics and
    players starting to get a grip after the off season. Although we didnt get far in any of the cup we could suddenly see us at the top at the table
    after just 10 games of the season.
    We stayed there all season long and our promotion to Blue Square Premier was secured
    Id like to think that the main reason behind this was i started playing with an away tactic and a home tactic.
    But i know that by changing my GK i helped the squad alot. I really have big doubts in trusting the assistant manager and scouts
    now because i scoutet another GK but everytime i was tolded that the GK i had was much better.
    When i finally signed a "much worse" GK and played him regular suddenly my ass man thought he was twice the player of my other GK !
    Maybee a bug? im done listening to scouts/assmen

Squad

McAusland Marvouless! the top goalscorer of the league! so important in this league to have a +25 goal player!
    Hanley A massive signing for the team. He came in from league one team Brentford!
    Arnison My Captain! great season from him, but it might be his last!
    Hansen Still waiting for him to shine

Transfers released alot to make room in the wage budget

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Establishment in the Blue Square Premier. Hopefully i can concentrate on the FA Cup this year, and keep clear
    of relegation. I will however make some changes in my team, i think thats needed.

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     20010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     20011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    Kingstonian (2011/2012)

Blue Square South Prediction - 12
    Blue Square South Position - 1

Table
    Graph

Summary
    Started out really really bad. Our first game of the season we lost 5-0 :O we picked it up after some tuning of tactics and
    players starting to get a grip after the off season. Although we didnt get far in any of the cup we could suddenly see us at the top at the table
    after just 10 games of the season.
    We stayed there all season long and our promotion to Blue Square Premier was secured
    Id like to think that the main reason behind this was i started playing with an away tactic and a home tactic.
    But i know that by changing my GK i helped the squad alot. I really have big doubts in trusting the assistant manager and scouts
    now because i scoutet another GK but everytime i was tolded that the GK i had was much better.
    When i finally signed a "much worse" GK and played him regular suddenly my ass man thought he was twice the player of my other GK !
    Maybee a bug? im done listening to scouts/assmen

Squad

McAusland Marvouless! the top goalscorer of the league! so important in this league to have a +25 goal player!
    Hanley A massive signing for the team. He came in from league one team Brentford!
    Arnison My Captain! great season from him, but it might be his last!
    Hansen Still waiting for him to shine

Transfers released alot to make room in the wage budget

Goals for the upcoming season:
    Establishment in the Blue Square Premier. Hopefully i can concentrate on the FA Cup this year, and keep clear
    of relegation. I will however make some changes in my team, i think thats needed.

Code:
    League                Season    Finished   Achievements
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square South     20010/11   4th       Playoff Final losers
    Blue Square South     20011/12   1st       Blue Square South Champions
    Where do you get the above acheivements post from in the game? ie the one thats says league/season acheivements etc

Amateur

damn fans still not letting me forget letting Viktor Hall go, every confidence update i get berated for it

Amateur

damn work permits stopping me getting some wuality players

Amateur

Arsenal are my new parent club replacing Reading

Part-Timer

jsar its a code i put in when i post .. if you qoute me you can see the code in the ending.. it starts with ["CODE"] and end with ["/CODE"]
    feel free to copy it, thats what ived done

Amateur

Cant find a win now =/ Things are looking bad as i come out of the xmas fixtures.

Sitting in mid-table so hopefully i can stay there and focus on storming the league next season.

My error was buying too many slow (but quality) defenders.
    Last edited by -aao-; 04-11-2009 at 21:30.

Part-Timer

Despite not being able to send my scouts further abroad than the UK and France, I have just been able to scout two Hungarian players playing for Debrecen. They were recommended to me in a backroom meeting to stop a current Hungarian player being unsettled and it gave me buttons to have them scouted. Which is nice! One is too expensive, but the other is cheap, considered League 1 standard and plays left back which is my problem area.

Part-Timer

It went down to the last game vs Eastbourne who are top by 3 points but my team Carshalton had way better goal difference so a win of any type would secure the top spot and a place in BSP next season.

Well.... as many of you know Keatings does score vital goals, he has for me. He scored a hattrick to help us win 3-0 and send us up as Championson a shocking final day and a great season.

Will do update sometime tommorow.

Amateur

Does anyone know at what point I should be worried about my finances???

I am over £350k in the red, and losing money steadily at £20k a month, despite being comfortably under my wage budget!

Is it possible that I may suddenly be forced into administration?

Amateur

This is why I love this game so much! Playing BSP Mansfield in the Quarter Final of the FA Trophy. They are 2nd in the BSP so we are up against it.
    We played ok but they snatched a late goal to lead 1-0 after 85 minutes. 90 minutes comes and the board goes up, 3 minutes. My striker goes down injured on 92:57 and they cart him off. The game carries on and we get a free kick 40 yards out on the right. 94:50 now, surely full time? Scott Brown floats it over and my centre back Tom Scott rises to loop a header over the keeper and into the top corner! This one's going to a replay!

Not that this result matters at all, I just love games like this!

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Quote Originally Posted by jcalton View Post

I am over £350k in the red, and losing money steadily at £20k a month, despite being comfortably under my wage budget!

I'm 650k in red starting my third season, now in BSP, but still losing money left and right despite a very modest wage budget.

On 09 doing this challenge i went into administration with Leigh Genesis when I had around 1.5 million in beautiful red numbers, got the point deduction and all. Was living large at the time with 18k a week in wages in league 2, was cut to 6k quickly with the persons doing the administration selling my talents for any offer received.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    Anyone else stuggling to sell players in the BSP for actual money?

I'm trying to sell several players who won't sign new contracts before the Irish and Welsh teams poach them for free, but even the ones worth £20K-£50K are only recieving bids of £0 plus a 20%-50% sell on clause from League One and League Two teams
    I've sold a couple of players (who were not that great) for £40k and £150k, both to Welsh clubs.

Amateur

Enjoying one of my best seasons ever in FM, unbeaten in the league and just suffered my first loss of the season in the FA Cup 3rd round, went down in flames 5-2 to a championship side.

Everything is clicking and I have picked up some solid players and a couple good ones on loan, been dealing with a lot of injuries, but looks like my squad is all healthy now after the break.

Oh come on...ofcourse I just lost my first game of the season 5min after posting this....
    Last edited by Cerneo; 04-11-2009 at 22:08.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtdFan View Post
    Don't you just love , when the opposing teams defender gives a ****** backpass to the goalkeeper , who gives the ball to your striker , who scores into an empty net ?
    I'd just love to have a striker who could score into an empty net

Third Team

Just won 4-3 aet at home to Swansea of the championship in the league cup, 120th minute winner from backup striker Guillem Bauza. 'Mon getting a premiership club in the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    I've sold a couple of players (who were not that great) for £40k and £150k, both to Welsh clubs.
    I managed to sell my right back to a Welsh team for £40K, after he wouldn't sign a new contract even when I met his demands, bar the signing on fee

The problem I have now being in Jan is that I need to offer the players out without the Welsh teams becoming interested as they'll just poach the player on a bosman, leaving me paying thier wages until the end of the season.

Third Team

On the topic of home attendances, my 1st home game against Yeovil got 2462 people, which is pretty decent. Sold almost 600 season tickets.

Part-Timer

Pre Season - Kendal Town

Just a quick update.
    Pre Season with Kendal Town is going quite well, i have stupidly/excitedly, bought too many strikers though, and can't get rid of the rubbish that i started with.

However in amongst my signings are some very decent signings.

And the legendary tesfaye bramble has joined us (He has been immense for me in FM09) Lets hope he can reproduce last years form!

Part-Timer

Jesus what has happened to my team. 5 losses in a row has seen me tumbling out of the play off places

Amateur

Cant keep a clean sheet at all... time to start playing 5 at the back.

Amateur

Season 2010/11 Review - Ashton United in the Blue Square North

The media prediction was 22nd. After the experience of managing in the lower league I knew we would be up in the top half but as a safety net I set the board expectation as "Avoid relegation".

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

We pretty much bounced around mid table for the whole of the season. We was never far from being off the play-offs but could never get a run of wins together to make an impact in the top half. Most of the top half seemed determined to trip up in places and so there was a lot of movement in positions.

Competitions

FA Cup - We went out in the 2nd Qualifying round. We played Vauxhall who we've drawn both games in the league but lost 2-0 in the cup. Weren't too bothered at that stage as i want to do well in the league.

FA Trophy - I beat Stafford in the qualifying round after a replay and then the 1st round went to a replay which i lost 1-0 to Hinckley at home.

Transfers

I went on a squad revamp through out the season bringing in 16+ players (although 2 were for coaching purposes) and 3 or 4 going out. It probably didn't help the team at the start of the season but next season shouldn't have as much of a turnover so the squad should be ready to go from the start.

Squad

No really exceptional players in the squad but everyone was consistent. It pretty much reflected our league position

Star Player

Even though i upset him in the press conference when signing him. Robert Marsh-Evans was my best players, only had one truly bad game this season but a rock in the defence so to speak.

Finance

Had a massive 21 season ticket holders this year! Going into games there were news storys saying the chairman was expecting a low turnout (sub 200). My average weekly wages totalled just over 3k which is about £500 under my recommend budget.
    Overall finance went from 30K down to - 180k. Can't really do much about that apart from my chairman wants out and the media are reporting an internal takeover that close to completing and collapsing at the same time!

Targets for next season:
    - Improve the squad up (mainly someone up front to bang them in!)
    - Play-off spot at worse case
    - Improve my finances

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season      League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11     Blue Square North     10th

Amateur

Wow I just got really lucky, Stuart Holden, who is my favorite player (Plays for the Houston Dynamo in the mls) had been sitting in the Burnley reserves since the start of the game, I have been barraging them with loan offers and they would never accept them, so I started sending them transfer request and they out of the blue accepted one of them...Sadly hes been sitting so long hes not all that great any more, but who cares I got him!

Youth Team

Kyle Wilson just hit his second hat-trick in a row and now has 32 goals this season - it is only the 1st of January!

Amateur

Hmm, i play 5 at the back and still lose 4-2.

Interesting...

Amateur

I never should of posted about my good start to the season...

Amateur

Hmmm cant believe its taken me this long to get the game. Ridiculous.

Anyway currently holidaying. Going for 1 year faster this year although really don't think its possible

Part-Timer

First pre season friendly against Carlisle.

And Kendal are up 1-0!

WOW

Chuffed

Lost

2-3 But to Carlisle who are in League 1.

We matched them everywhere in the park with their finishing being a little bit more clinical.

Great first match!

Lets hope we can continue the impressive performances.
    Last edited by glennuk; 04-11-2009 at 23:48.

Part-Timer

Now to find a decent keeper for free seems impossible

Amateur

Just clinched promotion and its not even April (well ok fine its march 31st but still). L1 here I come.

Amateur

24 games into my first season and ive just slipped into the third relegation spot.

Seriously need to pick up a few wins now... come on Keatings!!! Roughly back to a fully fit first team now too so hopefully things can pick up.
    Last edited by -aao-; 05-11-2009 at 00:30.

Amateur

Bradford Park Avenue - Season Review 2010/11

League Table

I was expected to battle bravely against relegation so I was pretty happy to finish in 14th place, far too many draws for my liking, often throwing away the lead in the latter stages of games. Cup competitions were also pretty disappointing, after getting a pretty simple run in the FA Cup, picking up home times against lower level teams we crashed out in the final qualifying round to Ossett Town who went on to play Bury at home in the first round. We didn't do much better in the FA Trophy either as another low level club Market Drayton dumped us out in the 1st Round.

Squad

Managed to bring in a couple of good players, most notable the young pair of Phillip Appiah and Luka Senicanin who have quite a bit of potential, expecting a major overhaul of the playing staff for 2011/12 as I still retained a lot of the original playing staff who were simply not good enough.

Next seasons aims

Really need to inject the side with quality and release the deadwood still in the squad, with the right players onboard a push towards the playoffs is very much the task.

Part-Timer

Just got promoted to League Two after winning in the playoff final Will provide a season report tommorow, off to bed I go. Night.

Amateur

Just noticed the pitch degradation feature half way through January... nice touch - never seen it before.

Third Team

One thing that I am concerned about is that I went up to League 2 too early. Had hoped to do it in 3 seasons, building up in the three years, but now having done it in two, it might be too early for the team. Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Amateur

Ive gone with Bedford since there quite local since dover are already there

Amateur

Oooh relegation 6-pointer now! Merthyr vs. Sutton United.

Amateur

It seems that whenever I post on here, my fortunes change.

I'm absolutely useless and have no chance whatsoever of winning any of my remaining 20 or so fixtures.

Part-Timer

I seem to have lost any FM skill I ever had. Despite all the threads saying how easy this years version is and having years of experience with this challenge I just can't get it right. I thought I had found the right tactic with a narrow 4-4-2 diamond however that just least to us dominating teams but ending up with stats of 15 shots, 1 on target. Ithen was embarrasingly knocked out of the FA Cup by an unplayable team and am rooted into the relegation zone for my 2nd consecutive save. I have never struggled this badly with FM

Part-Timer

I just play a flat 4-4-2 with basic roles and team settings to fit the players I have and the philosophy I have in mind. Seems to work pretty well most of the time, and it's quite easy to change during the games with touchline shouts.

Amateur

Amateur

Manager Profile

Decided to start this with Canvey Island. Was hard to turn down Nuneaton with them being my local team but the very high reputation put me off.

Still havent quite worked out fm10 yet so this could be a disaster.

Amateur

I played around with some tactics and ive found that playing a 4-4-2 with a narrow diamond in midfield is definitely making my matches much more tighter and ive conceeded a lot less goals since ive changed to it.

Part-Timer

I've done the same and I am conceding less but I'malso struggling for goals. My strikers look good enough on paper but my shots on target figure is woeful in every game, we are lucky to get 2 on target out of 10 shots. I've turned everyone down to rare long shots so it's not that they are hitting them from to far out.

Almost to the point of giving up now. Just dominated 20th placed Salisbury as we looked to escape the relegation zone but managed only 2 shots on target out of 14 and went down 1-0. I have quality strikers to in Fitzharris, Keatings and the like who have done brilliantly for others but can'thit a barn door when playing for me.
    Last edited by stinger061; 05-11-2009 at 04:28.

Part-Timer

Going to start over as I've screwed over this team too much

Amateur

Cambridge City 15/16

Table

Graph

Season Review: What a season, won the first game and was first and never lost it as you can see from the graph, I did not lose a game until January, I won the Paint Trophy for I think the first time ever in any FM, I always seem to lose there. I got new training/youth facilities and more stadium seating. Nothing could of gone better other than the FA Cup really.

However once the season was over things took a turn, the board decided we needed to take out a massive loan for 800 more seats when we did not max the stadium out more than twice I think. Not sure whats going to happen with that, I wish we could of saved it for transfers and wages, through resigning people we are already $300k over budget.

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Cup Review: I won the Paint Trophy, had two bad losses in the others, I need more cup money next season to pay back the loan though for sure.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Fitzharris - Striker: I lost three strikers at the start of the season, so outcomes old faithful and he really delivers, I don't know yet if he can get it done in L1, my assistant and scouts don't think hes worth much anymore but what do they know. Here is his bio also, I really love this feature.

Kelly - DR: Hes been here a couple seasons so I figure its time to highlight him, not much to say other than hes been solid.

Morrison - AMr: He was fairly good all season, had a couple short injuries but nothing to major. I don't see him going anywhere unless I need the transfer money, hes been linked to a couple 100k deals.

Potter - Mid: After Folly left I brought him in, he was decent but I am still looking for a star.

Saric - AMc/Striker: I have no idea what to do with this guy, when he plays he scores or gets a minor injury 7mins in, I just can decide what to do, leaning towards selling him. (As I was writing this and advancing the off season he demanded transfer, guess that clears that up)

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 13th				
    2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
    2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
    2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
    2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
    Next Season: Try and get a straigt promotion to the championship for the finical gain alone. I foresee the club losing money every month so I am going to focus on getting at least a playoff spot. We have beaten L1/Championship sides already so I don't think it will be impossible.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 06-11-2009 at 06:50.

Part-Timer

Well that could be it for me and FM for a while. No matter what I do goals just aren't coming. It hasn't just been Billericay either, I started a save with Arsenal to see if it was just the poor quality of my players but I'm not seeing goals their either. Maybe I just haven't been able to keep up with the new tactics system like I thought I had.

Part-Timer

Let's try this again. This time, at Carshalton

Amateur

Congrats on a great season Cerneo.

Question: Does anyone strictly use the opposition settings thing each game? Im experimenting and it seems that when i set instructions on to that player, that player seems to play really well... it sort of like has an adverse affect on my team.

Also, It's so frustrating seeing these guys play and hoof it out to touch when there are so many better options available.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by -aao- View Post
    Congrats on a great season Cerneo.

Question: Does anyone strictly use the opposition settings thing each game? Im experimenting and it seems that when i set instructions on to that player, that player seems to play really well... it sort of like has an adverse affect on my team.

Also, It's so frustrating seeing these guys play and hoof it out to touch when there are so many better options available.
    I don't even use the settings, unless I reeeeally care about the game, most of the time I just leave it up to the sim, I think the shouts are far better now anyway.

Amateur

And we just lost Morrison, 700k deal Chairman went over my head without even letting me click accept, that offer was waaaay to good to pass up for sure.

Has anyone figured out how to reply when the media ask if you will change your tactics due to your new signing? I have tried all but the most negative one and they all seem to upset the new player...Going to just start no commenting it I guess.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 05-11-2009 at 06:42.

Third Team

Started with Boston United. On the eve of my first league match now. Managed to get in a few signings and team's shaping up well so far. Trying to get the best Ass Man available but he's not up for signing on.

Youth Team

Started with Nuneaton but I might start again with another club.

Amateur

Started this last night. An hour of reloading still didn't get Hemel or Truro, so apologies for those that wanted truro i don't have a save for that.
    I do however have a save for FC United, i remember reading through this and someone asking for it. (if anyone does want FC United the you'll also have to tell me how to upload the save, in step by step instructions)

Anyway will upload the screenshots tonight, but so far here's the tale http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/837...profilesta.jpg
    Team: King's Lynn
    Division Blue Square North (think it should have been Blue Sq South, so that might be one for the bugs)

Started with no staff, except a physio. Had to hire a couple of coaches, 2 scouts and an assistant manager. Squad is paper thin, can't get anyone on loan. Signed a 39yr old striker because he was the only player i could find with a finishing above 10.
    Only done the preseason so far and it's been a bit up and down. Started with a very creditable 0-0 at home to Cambridge United. Playing a 4-2-3-1, started off with the 2 as DM's but the pushed them up to CM's as we had very little going forward. Lost the next friendly 2-1, playing very poorly. But then had a cracking 5-1 win against a team (will edit the names in tonight) the match preview predicted us to draw or lose against. Came crashing down to earth with a 5-1 defeat against Norwich. We were 2 nil down after 5 minutes, so i'm actually encourage that we only condeded a further 3 in the remaining 85 minutes, and scored a nice one of our own.
    I've taken a few players on trial and went to sign one, but the news got leaked and he signed for Salisbury. I'm pretty well covered in defence and in goal so i think i'll be able to keep it tight at the back, just going forward i need to decide on the best way to play. Not looking for promotion straight away a playoff finish or just outside will be nice, media prediction is 22nd.
    Last edited by looking busy; 05-11-2009 at 18:41.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jcalton View Post

i went into administration playing in N.Ireland on FM09, think i was just over a million in the red, i think it depends on the rep of the club though.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Cerneo View Post

Has anyone figured out how to reply when the media ask if you will change your tactics due to your new signing? I have tried all but the most negative one and they all seem to upset the new player...Going to just start no commenting it I guess.
    I've found all media responses seem to upset players, especially injury ones

Amateur

I think the only way is don't hold press conferences. I'd rather upset one than half the squad

Part-Timer
    Ramos - Manager of the Psychotic Teddy Bears

It might be a good idea to have links to saved games in the opening post. Then if players want to be say "Kingstonian" they can simply download the save and start.

Just a thought.

Amateur

My young winger Scott, a regen I started with in my first season as Merthyr, is now a good player for most premier division sides according to my jpa/jca 14 ass man.
    He might be a bit crazy my old ass man, but still, Scott is pretty good, by far my best player

I'm in BSP by the way

Scott

Signed a decent striker aswell, Duffy
    Last edited by hassebasse80; 05-11-2009 at 10:43.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by hassebasse80 View Post
    My young winger Scott, a regen I started with in my first season as Merthyr, is now a good player for most premier division sides according to my jpa/jca 14 ass man.
    He might be a bit crazy my old ass man, but still, Scott is pretty good, by far my best player

I'm in BSP by the way

Scott

Scott looks very, very, very good for non-league, he's probably not premiership standard, but probably will be once he's developed He's got fantastic attributes for his young age, his physicals are amazing for 18 really

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    Scott looks very, very, very good for non-league, he's probably not premiership standard, but probably will be once he's developed He's got fantastic attributes for his young age, his physicals are amazing for 18 really
    He has developed amazingly within the last two seasons, The first two seasons hed played every game except 1. All his physical stats have increased with +3 since he turned 17

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton162 View Post
    i played as merthyr last year and in the first 2 seasons had 3 youth players who started at L1 standard and went on to play in the prem (although not with me) but unfortunately they turned out to be my best youth players over the 20 seasons i played.
    Merthyr start with great facilities, shame all the youth players i've started with this year are 1 star at best
    Last edited by Thebaker; 05-11-2009 at 11:16.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    i played as merthyr last year and in the first 2 seasons had 3 youth players who started at L1 standard and went on to play in the prem (although not with me) but unfortunately they turned out to be my best youth players over the 20 seasons i played.
    Merthyr start with great facilities, shame all the youth players i've started with this year are 1 star at best
    Yeah, haven't gotten a single half decent youngster, but I still hold my breath at the start of every new season

Amateur

My first long term injury

Shaw

This guy better step up

Amateur

Shaw

This guy better step up
    Finishing stats are good but not a lot else. You might struggle for a bit

Part-Timer

Shaw

This guy better step up
    Fitzharris has been good for me (1 goal every 2 games) and for a lot of other people on this thread

Looking Busy - for non league fitzharris had great stats, good finishing, composure, technique and pace
    Last edited by Thebaker; 05-11-2009 at 11:43.

Amateur

Fitzharris has been good for me (1 goal every 2 games) and for a lot of other people on this thread
    I never seem to get more than 1 in 3 for my strikers, they always start off well, but then they get into the good old 1200 minutes without a goal routine

Part-Timer

I never seem to get more than 1 in 3 for my strikers, they always start off well, but then they get into the good old 1200 minutes without a goal routine
    i'm only halfway through the first season and fitzharris doesn't look as good on my save only has 9 finishing but has 10 anticipation and 11 heading and is worth nearly twice as much

Part-Timer

So frustrating 1 poitn out of 3 games, but in each game i have been the btter side.

Last game they had 2 shots on target and scored twice where as i had 11 shots 6 on targer. GRR come on Kendal

Amateur

Looking Busy - for non league fitzharris had great stats, good finishing, composure, technique and pace
    Anticipation and positioning stats would worry me though

Part-Timer

I'm in BSP by the way

Scott

Damn! He's awesome! When I was Merthyr I had a couple of players early on who were decent through to the Championship, but nobody anywhere near that good until I had the full academy. Good luck keeping hold of him!

Part-Timer

I just keep conceeding from set pieces, mainly corners. Any ideas on what best to do?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by glennuk View Post
    I just keep conceeding from set pieces, mainly corners. Any ideas on what best to do?
    What settings do you have for defending corners? I usually leave 3 upfield, that way the opposition usually leave 4 back to cover my 3.

Is it always the same type of corner?

Third Team

Just looking at the England national team, and Aaron Lennon is at Barcelona, and Leighton Baines at Real Madrid

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    Damn! He's awesome! When I was Merthyr I had a couple of players early on who were decent through to the Championship, but nobody anywhere near that good until I had the full academy. Good luck keeping hold of him!
    The vultures are circling already.... Just had an offer of 250k from Huddersfield but I rejected it, 700k in the red now, so can't keep hold of him forever

Part-Timer

The vultures are circling already.... Just had an offer of 250k from Huddersfield but I rejected it, 700k in the red now, so can't keep hold of him forever
    Ah well, he should be good enough to set you up financially. Get a load of future clauses in there!

I just had a nice in-game birthday present with a 5-0 win away to Rotherham. We're top of the league for the new year and League 2 seems much easier than the BSP. Especially considering I wasn't too pleased with my pre-season signings. But we're tearing some teams apart.

And my striking sensation Craig Rodger just keeps on scoring. He's got 19 goals in 25 appearances this season, to add to his 27 goals in the BSN and 33 in the BSP. He has still never been injured in his career and for some reason no clubs are interested in him. He's also a fan favourite, loves the club and seems to play even better in the big games... I think he's the perfect player!

Part-Timer

Carshalton 2011/2012 Blue Square Premier [Season 2]

League Table

Predicted: 22nd
    Finish: 4th

We got off to a great start in the League with 4 games and a draw in our opening fixtures, including a thumping 6-1 victory over Hinckley. My confidence was high and I thought we may be battling it out at the top... however our form quickly turned and we an awful side when playing away, it was our superb home form that got us into the playoffs. We lost only 3 games and home and scored more than anyone else, our away form saw us win only 8 of our games, this is something we'll have to improve I'd of thought. We went up after defeating Barnet in the playoff final at Wembley.

In the cups we had a great run in the FA Trophy, getting through to the semi and we managed to get through the away leg against Macclesfield 0-0, I thought with our home form the home game would be a formality... we lost 2-1 . We were our in the 1st round of the FA Cup when we came up against Stockport away.

Squad stats

Key men:

Vincent Fernandez

Absolute rock at the back, not sure if he'll cut it at the next level.

George O'Callaghan

Bit old, but he was superb from MC or AMC, contributing goals and assists.

Craig McShea

He and O'Callaghan were key men, they were both injured for 2 months in the same game and we really missed them, our form took a big slump.

Michael Hall

Someone my scouts recommended half way through the season, and he has been outstanding. Essential to my team when playing beside him were 2 aging midfielders, he really put the work in. Will probably make him captain next season.

Ruben Zadkovich

Expected more, but an excellent utility man nonetheless.

I've already signed 2 strikers next season who I'm really excited about, both recommended by my scouts - James Collins, and Nikola Saric. I also have my eye on a Croation striker Niko Maricic who imo would be an absolute star in League Two, unfortunately he's not interested in signing!

Ok, ty for reading and GL with your games.

Part-Timer

The revenue generated from the playoff final has actually put me back into the green, though only a few thousand.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzfusion View Post
    The revenue generated from the playoff final has actually put me back into the green, though only a few thousand.
    Grats

Sort of hoping for a play off final myself, just need to win "a few" matches first...

Woho signed a 19yr old player from Holland, with a regen head, who was released by SC Heerenveen. He ain't that great, but he is great for my team. Guess the fact that I have a dutch personality helped me... "Osman Balkaya" a real dutch name rofl!
    Last edited by foost; 05-11-2009 at 13:07.

Part-Timer

Now that I'm in League Two my scouts are recommending players from France... has anyone found any superstars yet?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Woho signed a 19yr old player from Holland, with a regen head, who was released by SC Heerenveen. He ain't that great, but he is great for my team. Guess the fact that I have a dutch personality helped me... "Osman Balkaya" a real dutch name rofl!
    He could be a real star in the BSN

Quote Originally Posted by looking busy View Post
    He could be a real star in the BSN
    He is I must say, training him for AMC aswell. He is my number 10 atm, and doing that great with 7 assists in de last 4 games

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    He is I must say, training him for AMC aswell. He is my number 10 atm, and doing that great with 7 assists in de last 4 games
    Great natural fitness as well, so should be fine for the all important end to the season. Reckon he'd make it in the BSP and possible league 2 as well. You'll do well to hang on to him

We'll see, hope so! Will post his end of season screenshot aswell when i finish this season

First Team Squad Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzfusion View Post
    Now that I'm in League Two my scouts are recommending players from France... has anyone found any superstars yet?

I've found a 20 year old French keeper who has the potenial to be a good premiership player, at present he is costing me points though.

Third Team

Picked up a Croatian keeper on trial from a Croatian club, has 3.5 star ability, and to be a lot better than my current keeper. Benefit of having a Croatian coach at the club.

On a 4 week trial, looking to sign him up if he is good.

Amateur

Done a search on the thread but couldn't find anyone who had a Truro save. I'll be trying to get them tonight so will upload the save if I manage to get them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 66 ... LastLast