+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,600 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlesnake_85 View Post
    Well im holidaying AGAIN!!!. It must be something to do with Dartford having a white kit. I didn't enjoy watching their matches as it kind of hurt my eyes.So will be changing team once again.
    Why don't you check the save thread, see if there's a team there that interest you?

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

The worst one is the Boston away kit if you're playing a team that plays in yellow - it's black and dark gray - almost impossible to read.

Amateur

I am interested in FC United of Manchester and will try and load them up myself, however I may take up your offer if it takes ages for them to come up.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

We are in very real danger of completely embarrassing ourselves in the CL. Having lost 2-0 in Liège in our first game, we just got a 3-0 hiding from Bayern in our second game. There's no problem with our league form so far this season (6 wins, 1 defeat, top of the table) but we just don't seem able to make that step up to CL level.

Semi Pro
    I'm in the hall of shame in FM08 - most goals scored by a relegated team - 101

Quote Originally Posted by Swindon69 View Post
    This season I've stuck with 4-4-2 with one deep-lying forward set to "Attack" and a Trequarista, so far my side has banged in 22 in 9 games in the league.

Gah knew I was tempting fate - following this post I played Bedford (a team of greys) at home in the 4th Qualifying round of the Cup.

Match Stats

Shots 25 Them 3
    On Target 8 Them 2
    Hit Woodwork 2 (both in the last five minutes) Them 0
    CCC 6 Them 1

And the final score was ...... 1-1.
    In the replay

Shots 15 Them 10
    On Target 6 Them 4
    CCC 2 Them 0
    Fouls 17 (7 yellows 2 for one player) Them 15 (2 yellows)

Final score 2-2 .................... on penalties 3-1 to me.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Gypsum's Merthyr Tydfil - End of season update - BSS 2010/11

Blue Square South - League table - Positions graph

Media prediction - 18th
    Final position - 11th

We started off with indifferent form and soon began to struggle, but a change in tactics and some new signings around Christmas reinvigorated the squad and saw us finish in a comfortable 11th place.

Squad info;

Squad selection info

Transfers

Key players;

Ashley Watson - AML - Joined us on a free transfer around half-way through the season and soon established himself as a star player. His explosive runs down the left wing and a contribution of 7 goals, 3 assists and a 7.18 rating were a key part of our improvement in the second half of the season and helped earn him 4 MoM awards.

Martin Camano - DC - Spotted by our scouts after leaving Irish club Sligo Rovers on a free, Camano joined us part way through the season and helped bolster our back line. His heading prowess and strength were especially useful for us, and he ended the season with 4 MoM awards.

Wayne Andrews - ST - The experienced striker was at the club when I joined, and was an integral part of the squad with his early season form. Despite his age seeing his athletic attributes decline, he still managed to score 13 goals to finish Merthyr's top scorer.

Code:
    Season           League            Position              Other achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11           BSS                11th
    Last edited by Gypsum; 05-03-2010 at 14:56.

Semi Pro

Sutton United - 2010/11 - Blue Square South

Media prediction: 15th
    Final position: 2nd

Final league table

Past positions graph

A great season that ended in bitter disappointment. After struggling a bit at first while the new signings settled down, we started chaining good results and quickly climbed up into the playoff positions. Leaders and eventual winners Newport run away quickly and looked unstoppable all the way until the end, so we settled with fighting for the best possible place in the playoffs. We got it in the end, despite two patches of bad form in January and March that saw us drop to 6th place twice. We secured the playoff spot three weeks before the end, and despite earning only two points of the last nine, we managed to hold onto the second place ahead of Woking.

The playoff semifinals paired us against Eastleigh, and we made quick work of them in the first leg, defeating them handily 0-3 at their stadium. The second leg was a mere formality, and we defeated them easily again, 2-0 this time, for a 5-0 win on aggregate. On the other semifinal Woking defeated Havant & Waterlooville 6-4 on aggregate, and we went to the Kassam Stadium confident of earning our place in the Blue Square Premier.

It wasn't to be. We happened to play our worst first half of the whole season, including the cup game against Bristol City. Woking dominated us completely and scored two early goals that were too much for us to recover from. We improved dramatically in the second half and enjoyed chances to get back into the game, but it just wasn't our day. The 2-0 score remained unchanged until full time, and we'll have to spend another season in the Blue Square South. Sad panda.

Now we may face a problem. Our wages are a bit (where by "a bit" I mean "20%") above the €3,2k/week budget, so we may have to do some summer clean up to stay healthy. On the other hand, a takeover was completed in February, and the €275k injected by the new board will keep us running at least until the end of the year, probably further.

---

FA Cup - A great run in the "big" cup for a club of our current stature. The draws were kind with us in the qualifying rounds, first giving us the chance to defeat local rivals Carshalton at their stadium (0-1), then pairing us with lowly Leyton at home (2-1). The 4th qualifying round was tougher, and Hastings, placed last in the BSS, took us all the way to the penalties. We then proceeded to crush Farnborough in the 1st round (4-0) and shocked League 2 Northampton in the 2nd round (1-0), before being destroyed by Bristol City in the 3rd round (0-8), mostly thanks to having our goalkeeper sent off with no substitutions left.

FA Trophy - Not much to report here. The 3rd qualifying round paired us away against Havant & Waterlooville, who eventually finished 4th in the BSS, and we fell 3-2 in a tightly contested game.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- Jabuti: What can I say. Thirty-nine goals in all competitions should speak for themselves. What they don't say is the total dominance the Spanish forward enjoyed over most defenses at this level. It was like watching an in-form Michael Owen wreaking havoc on some amateur side. Most dominant player I've ever had the pleasure to play with. Too bad he disappeared in the playoff final, though. BSS's Top Goalscorer and Player of the Year awards, of course, and his 35 league goals were a new competition record.

- John Marquis: Jabuti's most frequent companion on the forward line, Marquis came on loan from Millwall for three months, impressed, stayed for the rest of the season, and I'm more than willing to bring him back next year. He did what a target man has to do: bring down the ball, assist other attackers, and score from time to time. If his headers went on target more frequently than they do, he'd be the perfect target man for this level. He was in the shortlist for the Player of the Year award.

- Thomas Fowler: Surprisingly, the original Sutton United squad had some useful players. Fowler was one of them, and soon became our most consistent performer on the midfield. Used as both a ballstealer and a playmaker, he did well in both positions, and even covered from time to time on the left wing. He led the team in assists, and we missed him sorely in the playoff final, which he missed due to a sprained ankle sustained against Eastleigh.

- David Gilroy: Haven't checked, but Gilroy's likely to be our top scorer per minutes played. Generally used as a backup for either Marquis or Jabuti, he became our second best goalscorer, although he lost his touch a bit towards the end of the season. Still, a quite decent performance.

- Ben Greenhalgh: Oh, the hype . Nah, seriously, Greenhalgh was good. He wasn't the star, but then again, having Jabuti at your side tends to overshadow almost everything else. He did well on both wings, and although his numbers weren't spectacular, he did a solid job and slowly but steadily became a sure starter. Being so young is a plus, of course, and we'll be sure to try and hang onto him for the future.

---

Next season's goals

Win the friggin' league. Anything less would be a disappointment.

Career so far

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        2nd         Lost in Playoff final

Amateur

after nearly an hour and a half of reloading I finally have FC United of Manchester. So here is my profile. Let this be the last time I start this Challenge otherwise let my game become corrupted and unplayable.
    Last edited by Rattlesnake_85; 05-03-2010 at 15:07.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Dalbeider View Post
    Ben Greenhalgh: Oh, the hype . Nah, seriously, Greenhalgh was good. He wasn't the star, but then again, having Jabuti at your side tends to overshadow almost everything else. He did well on both wings, and although his numbers weren't spectacular, he did a solid job and slowly but steadily became a sure starter. Being so young is a plus, of course, and we'll be sure to try and hang onto him for the future.
    I have nothing to do with this hype
    Definitely keep a hold of him, into League One with him now and he still pulls out frequent Man of The Match performances. He's now a part of my lethal front three. I aim to take him into the Premier League with me. He can be my George Elekobi.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, not going through a good patch right now. Had to send my £20M Brazilian striker on a one month leave of absence in the hope that it makes him something other than the pathetic waste of money that he looks right now. That leaves me with four strikers on the books (I play a 4-3-3) so no room for injury. And James Murphy just picked up a knee ligament injury which will keep him out for two months. Oh, and our next game is against Benfica in the CL and I'm expecting them to knock seven shades of **** out of us.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good first season with Sutton, Dalbeider. Another one like that and you'll be almost mediocre

FMS Moderator Emeritus

And the honour of scoring Canvey's first (and second, third, fourth and fifth) ever Champions League goal goes to........

Patrick Marongiu. You could say he had a good night.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Just realised that after my first full season we've just had our first penalty, in a pre-season friendly against Slough. It's notable because my penalty taker is my first choice goalkeeper, and the first penalty we get I have already subbed him off! The wait continues!

Amateur
    The harsh Lincolnshire wilderness. Up the Iron, and come on you Sheriffs.

No, no, no! Best chance I have of winning the BSP and I realise that Farsley have been taken over by a tycoon - Simon Clifford is their manager, they're worth 6 million squids, and have signed some unreal players. They've lost 1, drawn 0 in ten.

Amateur

...and it turned out my next home game was against them! Brilliantly determined performance from my team, by bruiser of a DM kicking off proceedings with a bullet from 25 yards. 3-1 it ended, awesome result.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    And the honour of scoring Canvey's first (and second, third, fourth and fifth) ever Champions League goal goes to........

Patrick Marongiu. You could say he had a good night.
    You could also say the commentator didn't.

Semi Pro

So unlucky Dalbeider

Ya Booty had an amazing season!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by The-Perfect-Fm'er! View Post
    You could also say the commentator didn't.
    Time for the face.

Semi Pro

Time for the face.
    Marongiu isn't your typical easy name to pronounce and the fact he scored 5.... don't matter. I'm un-cool and will go back to my large stone to hide under and not come out!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Marongiu isn't your typical easy name to pronounce and the fact he scored 5.... don't matter. I'm un-cool and will go back to my large stone to hide under and not come out!
    I get you now. I thought you meant I'd spelt his name wrong or something

Continuing scores that would never happen in real life, Celtic just tonked Roma 6-1 with their Scottish international 'Roberto' scoring 4.

Semi Pro

I get you now. I thought you meant I'd spelt his name wrong or something

Continuing scores that would never happen in real life, Celtic just tonked Roma 6-1 with their Scottish international 'Roberto' scoring 4.
    Scotland's only chance of success that. Smuggling Brazilians into the country from a young age

Amateur

I have to quote Midgetram for what he just said about my new Coach on msn!

Me - "Just got Jonathan Woodgate in as a coach"

Ram - "Nice, what's his physio rating?"

Me - "One"

Ram - "Odd, since he spent a lot of time there"

Pure gold.

Amateur

Scotland's only chance of success that. Smuggling Brazilians into the country from a young age
    I have a Scottish defensive midfielder called Diogo who they've smuggled in from Cape Verde.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Spot on. Born in Rio, joined Celtic at 21, international debut five years later, now has 25 caps and 15 goals. Might actually help Scotland finally reach a major tournament though, they've got a play-off for Euro 2024 coming up soon.

Oh, and my Spanish striker is looking to try and get capped for England now. Could make an all Spanish strike partnership for English, alongside César, who played for QPR for six years, with Gianmarco Zigoni on the bench.

Amateur

Canvey Island 2012/13 Report - BSP
    goals, debts and careless defeats

After dominating the BSS last season, I was confident in the quality of the squad; which was surprisingly supported by the bookmakers, although my media prediciton was once again to finish dead stone last...

League - Positions -

Another great start for the season, 8 wins and 1 draw from the first 9 games, was brought to a crashing halt to an unispiring display at recently-relegated Tranmere, luckily only finishing in a 3-1 defeat. Though defeats, however, were to be the exception rather than the norm as our form of big scoring wins continued this season; 5-0 away to Stevenage, 8-1 at home to Weymouth, 7-0 at home to Fleetwood and 6-0 to Kidderminster.

Strangely though, amongst these performances we had an immense capability for not turning up at all, 2-0 home defeat to rivals Grays along with 2-1 and 3-2 defeats at Barrow and Hayes & Yeading respectively.

Despite this, we were still up there with Cambridge so that a 1-0 victory over them in March gave us the lead that we never surrended again for the rest of the season, helped massively by their failure to get a victory in their next 4 games afterwards. Note the huge amount of goals once again, and a +100 GD

Cups
    FA Cup
    4th quali rd - Canvey Island 5-0 Bedford
    1st rd - Canvey Island 1-0 AFC Wimbledon
    2nd rd - Canvey Island 3-3 Rochdale
    2nd rd rep - Rochdale 1p-1 Canvey Island

Beford game was a doddle, AFC wasn't so easy, but Rochdale was almost the most annoying game I think I've had in a long time. We really should have won the home time, though our injury time equaliser may have been offside, but to lose on penalties in the replay was harsh... especially as the prize for winning it was a tie away to Man City

FA Trophy
    1st rd - Grays 2-1 Canvey Island

Utterly, utterly, utterly, utterly dire peformance. 6 of our shots came in the last 10 minutes when we decided to try and save the game, but to no avail.

Squad (1)(2) Again I can't actually recall using every person in my squad, but then again it isn't the biggest squad in the world. Thought I would show Nick Blackman's stats, since he left after only 6 months. Still not a bad strike rate...

Millward's Player Choice Award (basically who I think deserves our Player of the Season before the Fan's vote...)
    2010/11 - Luke Thurlbourne
    2011/12 - Chris Todd
    2012/13 - Scott Smith (1)(2) - Only games he missed were due to clashes with England U-20/U-21 games, yes he's that good and no I have no idea why he decided to join us, and was solid all season long. His goal wasn't all that special, a penalty in one of the routs of Weymouth.

Transfers - No money spent but 2 strikers sold for money. Didn't do too badly with Blackman did I?

Finances - Don't let the season profit figure fool you. We gained 170k through transfer dealings and had not one, not two but three cash injections from the board. Could really have done with the City tie....

Confidence - Back-to-back promotions keep my status as 'Untouchable', though i think it would be lower if the bank balance was included. Don't understand how they consider my wages good when they are the largest expenses in our free-falling finances...

History
    2010/11 - BSS: 3rd, defeat in playoff semi-finals
    2011/12 - BSS: 1st
    2012/13 - BSP: 1st

The Trophy Cabinet
    Blue Square South - 2011/12
    Blue Square Premier - 2012/13
    Last edited by midgetram; 05-03-2010 at 20:32.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

An average season then, midgetram Good to see that someone can actually win a trophy or two with Canvey. Our cupboard is still bare.

And comedy gold on the Woodgate comment, by the way

Amateur

An average season then, midgetram Good to see that someone can actually win a trophy or two with Canvey. Our cupboard is still bare.

And comedy gold on the Woodgate comment, by the way
    Tbh, I'm not expecting the same next season. I really need to cut my wage budget in order to stop the debts piling up again, but everyone gets a 25% pay rise for promotion, so I'm probably going to sell before I buy in the summer.

Semi Pro

Midgetram - Take this in a positive way. Your a freak of a manager. 140 goals...Jesus.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Benfica v Canvey, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

Canvey v Man City, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

My squad just isn't able to deal with any sort of fixture congestion. Yet again I failed to address the squad size over the summer, not making sure that we had enough players under 21 (who don't need to be registered). If we have a few injuries at any one time then we have the potential to fall apart. Luckily there's an international break now.

Semi Pro

Benfica v Canvey, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

Canvey v Man City, we lead 1-0 after 80 minutes and lose 2-1

My squad just isn't able to deal with any sort of fixture congestion. Yet again I failed to address the squad size over the summer, not making sure that we had enough players under 21 (who don't need to be registered). If we have a few injuries at any one time then we have the potential to fall apart. Luckily there's an international break now.
    Come on Rafa, sort it out!

Unlucky on the losses though, hard to take!

Lurker

where do u download extra fm2010 leagues form?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Come on Rafa, sort it out!

Unlucky on the losses though, hard to take!

It's actually the other way round than I said it a a minute ago. I have six players who I could play without being registered, but I've given five of them squad numbers because I have only 19 over players who are over 21. *****ing £20M on a Brazilian who has so far been **** was perhaps not the best of ideas.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Paddsta View Post
    where do u download extra fm2010 leagues form?
    An odd thread in which to ask such a question, but you want to head over to the editors forum. There's a thread in there with a whole bunch of extra leagues that have been created.

Semi Pro

I'm sure he will come good eventually, saying that, there isn't many South American strikers success story's in England bar Tevez and Santa Cruz for one season!

It won't be long until success comes your way. Anyway, time to load up for the start of league two. 3 back to back promotions? I think not too.

Youth Team

Only teams I seem to be getting in the bsn on 10.3 are Nuneaton and Boston.

Really want to get properly into this challenge now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by m1234566778 View Post
    Only teams I seem to be getting in the bsn on 10.3 are Nuneaton and Boston.

Really want to get properly into this challenge now.
    Have a look at the 10.3 saves thread, might find something in there you like?

Amateur

FC United of Manchester - League One 2014/15
    Same old United

Transfers (1)(2) -

Once again, I'm going to let our Chart and Table do the talking

Position Chart

Table

FA Cup
    Crashed out 4-0 to Aston Villa in the 3rd round.

Squad
    It changed again so much this year that it’s pointless posting a screenshot, as my transfers show

The Millward Player Choice Award (Manager's Player of the Year)
    Lateef Elford-Alliyu - With 27 goals in 39 games, it seemed almost obvious that he would get the award. Great season from the striker.

The Jordan Swinburn Award (The Surprise of the Season award)
    Our League win. Enough said.

Fan's Player of the Year
    Ben Greenhalgh

League One Manager of the Year
    Jordan Swinburn

Confidence

Finances

So after another good season, capped off by this, it's in to the Championship we go. Survival is all I want.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       15th
    2012/13        Blue Square Premier       1st              Promoted - Champions
    2013/14        League Two                6th              Promoted – Playoffs
    2014/15	       League One		 1st		  Promoted - Champions

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Holy ****, Jordan That's some mid season climb. Three straight promotions is an incredible achievement as well

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

Damn Jordan what happened there. that's some climb up the table. Congrats on the Promotion and 3 straight promotions

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just going back to the subject of players switching nationalities for a moment, the most recent England side in my game contained the following players:

Starting: Francisco Carrasco (Spanish); Roy Tran (Belgian); Félix Galán (Spanish); Juan Collado (Spanish); Ruben Paoletti (Italian)

Subs: César (Spanish); Andrea Pavan (Italian); David Pérez (Spanish)

I know I'm talking about a game in which Canvey Island are in the Champions League, so all sense of realism is already out of the window, but eight players did seem a bit excessive.

Amateur

Now the real irony would be if you said Martin O'Neill was manager of England, promoting his use of English players and all.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That would be fantastic But England manager right now is Paul Jewell.

Semi Pro

Well done Jordan and that is abit excessive. Indeed, Martin O'Neill would be tearing his hair out right now at the site of that.

Semi Pro

What I wonder is how eight players good enough to play for England weren't good enough to be picked by their respective nations before they gained English nationality. Maybe national managers have a certain bias towards players playing in the local leagues, and anyone who isn't a world top 10 player and moves abroad is almost always forgotten back at home...

Oh well, back to reality. Signing players for Sutton is still a pain in the rearside. I've had at least six different decent (but not exactly awesome, after all they did want to come to Sutton!) full backs poached by League 1 and League 2 squads, where they'll probably rot in the reserves forever and ever. Sigh.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Dalbeider View Post
    What I wonder is how eight players good enough to play for England weren't good enough to be picked by their respective nations before they gained English nationality. Maybe national managers have a certain bias towards players playing in the local leagues, and anyone who isn't a world top 10 player and moves abroad is almost always forgotten back at home...
    I can only assume that's the case. Certainly Carrasco and César look better than options currently available in the Spain squad. Delighted for Collado that he got his first cap though. I took him on loan for a season in League 2, picked him up again when Liverpool released him on a free and he's been with us four years now. He's not a poacher, hasn't even got ten goals in a Premier League season yet, but he brings others into the game brilliantly. Scored 2 on his England début as well, and he's originally a Barca boy.

I guess you could say that Collado is my Emile Heskey. No one else can understand why I pick him but I have an unshakable belief that he's good for the team.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Oooh, Champions League tightness. Going into the last round of fixtures (a couple of weeks away yet, just played round 5), the table is:

Code:
    1. Benfica  9pts
    2. Standard 9pts
    3. Bayern   6pts
    4. Canvey   6pts
    The last fixtures are,

Bayern v Canvey
    Standard v Benfica

If it's a draw between Standard and Benfica then we're screwed, but a win over Bayern would still put us into the Europa League. If there is a winner between Standard and Benfica then a win would put us through to the CL knockout rounds as our aggregate scores against them are in our favour (Canvey 3-2 Standard and Canvey 6-3 Benfica).

Semi Pro

Good luck on that one Terk

Semi Pro

Ouch. I've just smashed Boston United's transfer record by signing a player for £11 million. It's the 2nd time this season after spending £6 million earlier on.

Amateur

Good luck Terk, hope you get through

Started off the Championship season with a bang. 4-0 win against Swansea. Antonio scored in the first minute, then Daniel got injured in the 10th, then Etuhu got a double in 2 minutes, with goals on 15 and 16. German Pacheco capped off our win in the 57th minute with his goal, followed by a Maduro injury. Luckily, Daniel and Maduro are back in a day or two

Semi Pro

Good luck Terk. Struggling in League two.....could be a long season.

Amateur

2 games into the season, I'm going to risk the curse to say... I think we may be okay.

2 games. 2 wins. 10 goals. 4-0 and 6-1 to Swansea and Coventry. Bring on a recently relegated club, lets see how I fair against them. It's worth noting that Swansea came 3rd last season.

We beat Port Vale 4-0 in the League Cup 1st round, and face Swansea in the 2nd.

I think I might leave it there for tonight, and pick up again in the morning, hopefully to defeat Notts Co.

Youth Team

Finally getting into a dafuges now. Farnborough, played 4-Won 3-Drawn 1-Lost 0.

Danny Wright and Declan Bunting on fire!

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2041/42

This was our final year as a club who signed players, as of next year we will be moving into a new era in a new stadium where we were using only players who came through our own youth system.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We spent the whole season chasing Chelsea, then out of no where, Arsenal won it.

Community Shield - we were lucky to get away with the win here.

Carling Cup - we were pretty unlucky to lose to Man Utd.

FA Cup - it was a lucky run to the final, where we met an inferior team but came away with the win.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage looked difficult, but it turned out to work in our favour. The run to the final was surprisingly easy, but the team we met in the final was a surprise. Even with the sending off, we did enough for the win.

Transfers - big news as three of the remaining four signings were sold off for big prices.

Squad - just the one player left now, it will be interesting to see what effect it has next season.

Key Player Profiles:

Jon Punal - he was our top scorer yet again, but the time has come to say goodbye. As our last remaining signed player, his transfer will signify the start of our new era as an all-T&M squad.

Brian Jones - my big hope to fill the striker role hasn't really lived up to it. This is a big worry to me.

Geoff Bowles - he's done a decent job in filling the AMC role, which was always going to be difficult with the departure of Tom McGoldrick.

Brian Brown - he'll be the next full time captain of my club, he's been a star.

Craig Sills - one of the unsung heroes of the early days of the youth team. Selling the Spaniard was one of the best things we did.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners
    2031/32   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Club World Cup winners
    2032/33   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA and Carling Cup winners
    2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and Carling Cup winners
    2034/35   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CWC FA and Carling Cup winners
    2035/36   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
    2036/37   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2037/38   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2038/39   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Club World Cup winners
    2039/40   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League winners and FA Cup finalists
    2040/41   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Carling Cup winners, Champions league finalists
    2041/42   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup and Champions League winners
    Next Season

Next season will be the start of an exciting era, not only will we be playing in the 65779 all seater 'Dafuge Arena' but with the sale of Jon Punal, we will be doing it with an all-T&M team.

Despite the league position, this season was a massive success with the long awaited cup success. The Champions League win was huge and gives us a great platform to go into next season with.

Next up will be the World Cup with Serbia.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck with the all T&M side; hope it's not too long before they bring home their first title.

Amateur

Well done Dafuge, even though you came 3rd, your doing brilliant with just players used from your youth academy.

------------------------------------------------------

I should get my season done over the weekend, possibly tomorrow, but depends whether I go to a party on the night, if I go to that then I will get the season done on Sunday more than likely.

We have been in decent form lately winning 4 from our last 6 and we sit 12th in the table, as long as we get stability in the league this season, we can challenge for promotion next season.

I think there will be a lot of interest in quite a few of my players in the summer from PremierLeague teams and I may have to sell if the price is good, which could hinder our chances next year for promotion.

Amateur

Truro City FC - League 2 - 2017/18
    Media Prediction: 19th
    Actual Position : 2nd

Lost the title on the last day, went into the trip to Oldham needing only a win to win the league, having already been promoted 2 games previous. Went 2 nil down in the first half. Was still nil all in the Northampton game. Got 1 back early in the 2nd half, and as the Northampton game stayed nil all, an equaliser would have done it. Wasn't to be however, and I've lost the title on goal difference. Promotion nonetheless, and a chance to really progress the club as surely we'll have to go beyond our 3 thousand stadium now.

League Table
    FA Cup
    Didn't get far enough to make any real money this year.
    League Cup
    From amazing to embarassing.
    JP Trophy
    Dud.

Transfers
    Mostly invested in youth
    Squad
    Interested to see how this ranks in League One, hoping not to have to get rid of too many
    Career Overview
    Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        8th        None
    2011/12   Blue Square South        4th        PlayOff Semi-Finals
    2012/13   Blue Square South        3rd        PlayOff Runner Up
    2013/14   Blue Square South        1st        Blue Square South Winners
    2014/15   Blue Square Premier      13th       None
    2015/16   Blue Square Premier      5th        PlayOff Winners
    2016/17   League 2                    13th       None
    2017/18   League 2                    2nd       Runners Up/Promotion

Next Season
    Staying up alone will please me

Youth Team

Another great update dafuge - I bet that first trophy with just the T&M boys will feel very special! You're nearly a decade ahead of my Merthyr save now, speeding ahead there

Part-Timer

That would be fantastic But England manager right now is Paul Jewell.
    Haha, thats more unrealistic than canvey in the prem surely

Amateur

GL with the youth experiment dafuge and GJ on the promotion CSF.

10 games to go in my BSP season and we're top on 74 points, but we blew a 10 point lead at Christmas so it's touch and go.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nooney View Post
    Haha, thats more unrealistic than canvey in the prem surely
    I don't know Michael Mancienne is England Manager on my save

Semi Pro

After a shaky start and 5 losses in my first 7 games, recovered a little, 6 unbeaten and into mid-table now in November. Things are looking up.

Amateur

Final game in the BSP...

Code:
    1. Oxford City   +43   88pts
    2. Luton         +38   88pts
    Couldn't be tighter. We're playing 23rd place Kidderminster, Luton have 4th placed Oxford and ofc the goal difference advantage lies with us, so I'm a bit confident.

Semi Pro

Good luck with that one Aero

Amateur

We won 5-0, so no problems there

Luton beat Oxford United 1-0, but we won the title on goal difference. Update to come

Semi Pro

Nice one aero. That's how I took the championship title. goal difference

Amateur

After another useless nights sleep (I'm starting to think my body won't allow me to leave FM for a night), I thought I'd get cracking with FC United again. We're now on a 5 game win streak in all comps, with 18 goals and 1 conceded. Notts County have been our toughest challenge yet. We only won 1-0.

Semi Pro

hey a 1-0 is better than losing

Amateur

Oxford City - 2011/2012

Blue Square Premier - Prediction: 24th // Promotion odds: 33-1 // Goal: Safe mid-table finish
    Final Position: 1st - Table - Progress

The squad which took Oxford City to the Blue Square South championship remained largely intact; most arrivals were additions to our pre-existing core while the departures were the original squad I took over but had contracts still to expire.

Given this, we started the season surprisingly well. Our defence was a bit leaky but our attack was even more vicious than the previous season with Somma and Jones providing threats out wide. In the engine room, Chris Herd was brought in to accompany Mark Millar who kept his first team slot.

By midseason, we were on an massive 58 points, with an 11 point gap between us and our closest rivals. However, as the season progressed our weakness would be at the back and the magnifying glass of the second stanza would focus on that. And it burned.

We lost games we couldn't score in, and we drew games we could simply because we had to attack to survive. Injuries to Fitzharris and Herd disrupted our attacking play. We had only four clean sheets in the last 30 games!

By the final month, we trailed Luton by two points. However, by the final day we were back on top due to our collosal goal difference from the first half of the season, and victory over 23rd placed Kidderminster would suffice to see us take the title. A sound 5-0 victory meant that Luton's win over the other Oxford was irrelevant, and Oxford City took its second straight league title. With it, came the prize of the Football League.

Awards: Sean Fitzharris, Mark Millar (Blue Square Premier Player's Select); Victor Death (Manager of the Season)

FA Cup - Goal: Fourth Qualifying Round
    Reached Third Round - Progress

This was a satisfying performance.

After removing Chippenham with a 5-0 win in the final Qualifying Round, we drew League One Leyton Orient at home. However, we managed to get a 1-0 victory in a well matched affair. League Two Lincoln were next, and we won quite convincingly in the end 4-1.

However, the Third Round tie was to be our final, drawing as we did Premier League Reading. A 6-0 thrashing was dished out to us, but a £200,000 windfall was nice compensation.

FA Trophy- Goal: First Round
    Reached Second Round - Progress

In a way it was disappointing this coincided with our loss of defensive form as we demolished Blue Square South Bath 3-0 in the First Round, but then conceded three goals to Weston-super-Mare in a 3-2 defeat, despite dominating the game.

---

Transfers - The last of the old guard left, while new additions got us over the top of the BSP.

Finances - A lovely profit, mostly as a result of our FA Cup exploits.

Squad - Strong up front, but defence is, in a word, rubbish.

Key Players

Sean Fitzharris - Another solid season, he was our top performer and despite a big morale loss during January he finished our top performer overall.

Mark Millar - Played the playmaker role again with assistance from Chris Herd, but probably is of insufficient quality to make the step up to league football.

James Keatings - Keatings was our top goalscorer again, with 30 goals and was the second highest BSP goalscorer. Whether he makes the step up to League football is another story, especially given the performance of Duffy over the season.

Daryl Duffy - I had no real need for another striker in the summer, but when I saw his quality I had to snap him up. Would have gotten more game time if it wasn't for the Keatings/Fitzharris combo, but was lethal off the bench and in cover for Fitzharris when he succumbed to injury.

Daniel Jones - Took over from Marenghi in the left midfield role, and filled a key weakness. Certainly made a very nice contribution to the squad.

---

Code:
    Season              League               Final Pos.              Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11       Blue Square North             1st             Promotion (Champions)
    2011/12       Blue Square Premier           1st             Promotion (Champions)
    Last edited by aeropaus; 06-03-2010 at 04:49.

Semi Pro

Nice season aero. Congrats on the back to back promotions and have fun in League 2

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    hey a 1-0 is better than losing
    Too true. Just experienced my first loss of the season, in the Carling Cup to..... Swansea

I suppose the reason I won the game in the League, was because they were missing Roque Santa Cruz!

He haunted us with 3 goals, and it was in the 94th minute that we equalised to get 3-3. The match went to pens, and it ended 3-1

And we just threw a 4 goal lead away against Scunthorpe, largely due to Alan Smith
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 06-03-2010 at 05:16.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    Too true. Just experienced my first loss of the season, in the Carling Cup to..... Swansea

I suppose the reason I won the game in the League, was because they were missing Roque Santa Cruz!

He haunted us with 3 goals, and it was in the 94th minute that we equalised to get 3-3. The match went to pens, and it ended 3-1

And we just threw a 4 goal lead away against Scunthorpe, largely due to Alan Smith
    Oh unlucky there throwing away that size lead. I get annoyed if we only throw away a 2 goal lead.

Semi Pro

Boreham Wood - 2013/14 - BSP

Hovered around midtable until I installed the patch, and while we seemed to play worse, we got the results, and finished 4th after 46 games.

Playoff leg 1
    Playoff leg 2
    Playoff final

Not sure how I didn't have any CCCs in the final as the only goal was tapped into an empty net after rounding the keeper (sort of), but I don't really care. So league football comes to Borehamwood at the first time of asking.

Key players

Brett O'Kane - he won't sign a new deal so I'm considering offering him out to clubs, as he has about half of the football league interested in him.
    Kyle Perry - great goal return, but the majority came before I installed 10.3.
    Leon Mettam - his attributes aren't great, but a 20 for determination means I always get a good shift.
    Paul Barr - can't catch a cold, but everything else is solid.
    Milen Kikarin - I love guys who can play both full-back slots, and he was Mr Consistent on either flank.
    Raul Garcia - getting on now, but my vice-captain was again solid as a rock.

I have Paul Bolland, Steven Schumacher and Arnaud Mendy coming in the summer on frees, so I won't be short of midfield depth and steel. Would like another striker and another keeper.

---

2010/11 - BSS - 8th
    2011/12 - BSS - 8th
    2012/13 - BSS - 1st (promoted as Champions)
    2013/14 - BSP - 4th (promoted via playoffs)

Amateur

Wow aero, we share 5 players in our Oxford City teams! Have to say, you're probably using them a damn sight more effectively...

Semi Pro

And O'Kane departs to Premiership side Huddersfield for 500K + 50%.

The fans are unhappy with me, but I don't know how I can deny him a move to the EPL, especially given he won't sign a new deal.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on promotion, C&C Good luck in the Football League

Amateur

C&C sign Jabuti if you can. Hes good as a League 2 Striker and maybe even a League 1 backup.

Reserves

2021/22 - Hendon - League 2

After last season's play-off misery, I hoped for a push for either automatic promotion or at least a higher league position. Achieved: None of the above.

Media Prediction: 9th
    League Finish: 8th
    Graph

After a shaky start, we pulled it out the back to finish a not-to-disappointing 8th place. Perhaps the worst feeling is we never really troubled for a play-off place but I hope we can next season.

Transfers
    Squad

A thin squad was probably our downfall (again). I need to start buying and stop releasing where possible.

Cups

League Cup - Trashed by the Green Army.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - Knocked out narrowly by a team in our league although it was probably a deserved loss.

FA Cup - So, so close to an upset against PL ('world-class') Wolves but it was snatched from our grasp in injury time.

Key Players

Jamie Callaghan - I don't want to give him a mention but kudos to him for getting the most goals for us this season, an allbeit rather disappointing total of 11.

Luca Santonicito - Captain Luca was in fine form again this season, even if his attributes are seemingly on the decline. 10 assists is a fine contribution.

Maik Esajas - Maik was by far our best player this year. 10 goals and 10 assists is a marvellous contribution and he rightly claimed Fans Player of the Year after just a season with us.

Danny Bryan - Despite apparently average attributes, he was brilliant this season, 8 goals and 11 assists showing this.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season      League                   Position        Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier       23rd            Relegated
    2012/13    Blue Square North          1st            BSN Champions
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier       15th            None
    2014/15    Blue Square Premier        9th            None
    2015/16    Blue Square Premier        5th            Promoted through playoffs
    2016/17        League 2              18th            None
    2017/18        League 2              16th            None
    2018/19        League 2              10th            FA Cup run until fourth round.
    2019/20        League 2              11th            None
    2020/21        League 2               6th            Play-off semi-finalists
    2021/22        League 2               8th            None as usual..

Youth Team

Finally got a chance to really sink my teeth into my Tiverton game, we're 2nd in the table after 11 games, W6 D3 L2, just one point off the top. The defense is a mess - can't remember what I did on my Merthyr save to sort it out, but we had one of the best in the BSS I remember - but luckily the strikeforce and midfield are top quality, and we're smashing in the goals.

Semi Pro

Eight games into the new season (6W-1D-0L in league, just crushed Tonbridge on the FA Cup), and a certain Spaniard has scored 8 goals and ditched 3 assists in three games as a starter and two as a substitute, with a four-week pause for a pulled hamstring in the middle, and playing a grand total of 306 minutes of football. That's one goal scored or created every 28 minutes.

Conclusion: Jabuti is a goddamn legend <3.

Reserves

wow, only 14 games in but still. Only 3 points seperates 1st-11th in L2

Amateur

In completely unrelated news, Banbury have just beaten Hartlepool 2-0 in the FA Cup 2nd round, after beating Doncaster 1-0 in the 1st. And they are still unplayable.

Semi Pro

I hate nothing seasons

Semi Pro

do you know what's worst than nothing seasons the fact I can't get past 29th january and it just says problem corrupt files etc....7 times now loaded it and nothing

maaaaaan.

Youth Team

do you know what's worst than nothing seasons the fact I can't get past 29th january and it just says problem corrupt files etc....7 times now loaded it and nothing

maaaaaan.
    ouch!

Update from my Tiverton save is coming up soon

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Beerish View Post
    Wow aero, we share 5 players in our Oxford City teams! Have to say, you're probably using them a damn sight more effectively...
    Hehe, just took a look

Yeah bit uncanny that, Fitzharris, Keatings and Gallacher I was aware of via my Hastings game, but Herd just popped up and was a must buy.

Frustratingly, my wage budget is only £8,250, which is totally pathetic for League 2 football. Time to mortgage the increase of club stature to keep the board happy

Youth Team

SnakeXe's Tiverton Town - Season 1 - 2010/11

Story of the Season:
    After an exhaustive search for players good enough (over 350 trialled, just 15 signed), we started off encouragingly, in and around the playoff spots. Then, this happened. .

However, shortly after this I was recommended to sign a Spaniard named Jabuti by Holyehsauce, and things picked up nicely! Our home form was stupendous, the away from less so, but eventually things evened out into a very promising title challenge.

With two games left we were top by 5 points from Woking with a better goal difference. Farnborough (A) and Woking (H) were the two remaining games - victory in either or a draw in the Woking game would be enough.

Disaster struck early in the Farnborough game as we went 1-0 down having had a bright start. This seemed to knock our confidence and we played worse and worse as the game wore on. Unsurprisingly, this isn't the way to claim any points, and we lost.

Luckily, Woking drew, so we won the BSS title with a game to spare!

This only left the dead rubber against Woking - I was keen to win just to prove we deserved the title, and the lads did me proud with a 2-0 win.

Jabuti took home various awards, as did I, so an all-round awesome season was had by all.

Next Season:
    With the quality at my disposal I have to aim for the playoffs - provided I can sort out all the gaping holes in my squad of course! A cup run would be nice to sort out the finances too.

5 Most Important Players:
    5. Stacy Thripp D/WBL - Solid presence at the back
    4. Kevin Little AMRLC - Played on the right wing for us and produced some great goals and assists
    3. Craig Gray AML - Did the same as Little did on the other flank, but to a slightly better standard
    2. Ethan Mannion ST - On-loan from Cardiff, a great foil for the man at number 1 on this list, chipped in with his fair share of goals too
    1. Jabuti FC - I don't think I need to say much about this guy except that all the hype about him on this thread was very much justified

At a Glance:
    Blue Square South
    - 1st, Promoted as Champions
    FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round Replay (lost v Leamington)
    FA Trophy - 3rd Qualifying Round (lost v Weymouth)
    Transfers - Broke even

History:
    Code:
    Season   League               Pos  Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11  Blue Square South    1st  Promoted as Champions
    Tiverton 100 Club:
    Code:
    Name                Era            Apps (Sub)   Goals     Ave. Rating
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    None (yet)
    PS: What do you think of the new layout compared to the one I used for Merthyr? Also, I hope Terk doesn't mind me borrowing his 100 club idea - it's a good'un

Amateur

Jabuti will be in your 100 club sooner or later. Hes good until League 1 ^_^

I like the layout, keep it.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    I hope Terk doesn't mind me borrowing his 100 club idea - it's a good'un
    Don't mind in the slightest. Just find it a good way to keep track of the players who have really contributed to the club. I'm looking forward to the day when I have my first Canvey Island youth product join the 100 Club, but that day is a good while off yet. And I like the new format

And getting promoted as champions is not a bad start to your time at Tiverton
    Last edited by Terk; 06-03-2010 at 20:05.

Semi Pro

Great season SnakeXe.

Oh and back in action, on it's 11th load! Never give up!

Youth Team

Don't mind in the slightest. Just find it a good way to keep track of the players who have really contributed to the club. I'm looking forward to the day when I have my first Canvey Island youth product join the 100 Club, but that day is a good while off yet. And I like the new format

And getting promoted as champions is not a bad start to your time at Tiverton
    Cheers man

Yeah I thought it'd be good to have a way of remembering all the guys from back in the lower-league days, as they don't seem to hold up well on the Best XIs. I had a couple of guys in my Merthyr save who were awesome back in the early days, but no record of them at all now

Edit: Cheers TPF!

Semi Pro

Nice season there Snake.

Semi Pro

FC United - Coca Cola League Two - Season 2013/2014

League:

Well I will keep it short because it wasn't that interesting to be honest. We rarely put any runs together until the end of the season but in the end it was just too late to make any sort of challenge for top 10 or play-off's. There was soo much inconsistancy throughout the season, good results followed by bad results. I guess it was a good season considering two back to back promotions but still fustrating because we have the potential to be better.

League Table

Squad:

5. Dany N'Guessan -Another signing in his first season on the right hand-side, did a good job, scored and created a fair few goals.

4. Richard Keogh - Solid first season and hopefully he can build on it.

3. Izale McLeod - Our top scorer, he had a good season without being special but with not that many positives, I suppose this one is!

2. Ashley Coleman - Big signing in the summer and this young defender had a really good debut season for us. He'll hopefully keep improving and will play a big part in the future of this club.

1. Anthony McNamee - Great season. His pace, trickery and delivery from the left caused problems for all defences in League two. The only worry is his age and how long he's got left in him for his type of player. Hopefully we can still get another good 2 years from him though!

Finances....

Transfers....

Code:
    Season           League                Final Pos.         Achievements.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11      Blue Square North            7th              Nothing
    2011/12      Blue Square North            2nd              Play-off winners.
    2012/13      Blue Square Premier          2nd              Play-off winners.
    2013/14      Coca Cola League Two         16th             Nothing

Semi Pro

Cookie is holidaying!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

1. Anthony McNamee - Great season. His pace, trickery and delivery from the left caused problems for all defences in League two. The only worry is his age and how long he's got left in him for his type of player. Hopefully we can still get another good 2 years from him though!
    Starting to worry about someone's age when they're 29. Who are you, Arsène Wenger?

A good solid season after two straight promotions

Semi Pro

Starting to worry about someone's age when they're 29. Who are you, Arsène Wenger?

A good solid season after two straight promotions
    Well it's the fact he's a winger and yes, I don't like anyone usually over 30!

If he was a central midfielder, I don't think i'd have too many problems but I just hope he don't lose his pace anytime soon!

Hopefully can push higher next season.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Almondo View Post
    Nice season there Snake.
    Cheers

Good update TPF, a season of consolidation isn't such a bad thing every once in a while

Amateur

Quick update from me since I haven't posted in a while:

Notts Co. brought some much needed money for us to the value of £1.3m, though my keeper and star striker went the other way...

Also, I've just gone out of all the domestic cups this season; and all of my draws have been away to teams in higher divisions (and ones in high placings as well) . I know it's not asking much but I would like a home cup tie at some point in the near future, rather than having to travel to games I know we won't do well in....

Oh, and the league is going along nicely, though I do miss the insane amount of goals...

Finally, good luck cookie. Looking for any team in particular?

Amateur

Just started a new game with Kendal Town! Wish me luck, even though I won't need it because I have God (Jabuti) on my side.

Semi Pro

Good luck Hoylesauce and Cookie.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, Holyehsauce I wish I'd fond Jabuti when I was down in the BSS.

Looks like my FA Cup run will end at the quarter finals this season. Just been drawn away against Chelsea, who are 24 games unbeaten in the competition, a record stretching back just over four years now. And they still haven't even conceded a goal in it for over three years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast