+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 6,000 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Perversely this is the part of these sorts of challenges that I enjoy the most, trying to turn it around when everything is going wrong. I've always considered that the true test of managerial skill on FM; just one I've not passed since FM07 really.

Amateur

THIS is what I'm looking for the new season. Great start. 6-0

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Excellent start, Yiddo Hope you can push for promotion this season.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

I'm extremely annoyed. My save corrupted as I was saving the game and I was on a great run. In november and hadn't lost a game. Went back to a previous save and it was at the start of the bloody season. It's not all bad though I got further in the League cup and JPT than I did first time around

FMS Moderator Emeritus

The switch to ugly, long ball football that makes me feel dirty all over has paid off so far; ten points from our last five games. I'm expecting it all to come crashing to a halt now, however, as our next four games are Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal and Aston Villa.

Halfway table

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Terk View Post
    A takeover would be nice, I'd have the same chairman since I took over at Canvey. And he still feels he will never leave the club of his own volition I want some oil money.
    I have the same chairman. Seems he made a bit of money though as for the second time he put money into the club. This was at the start of the season, 10.75m in. In a previous season, either in the Prem or Championship I think around 500k got injected. Got to say the money will probably keep me in the black for the season meaning should I have a reasonably successful season I should be at my highest balance ever. Not to mention the stadium upgrade should be finished mid season so will have a boost in gate receipts.

Means aim for the next few seasons will be to bring in talented youngsters as well as upgrading my facilities. Have managed to reduce the number of payment over months clauses I had so financial future looking good. Wouldn't mind a takeover mind you.

Part-Timer

just managed my first ever 10 rating, my striker scored 5 goals from 5 shots on goal

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    I'm onto my third chairman and all I've got out of them are transfer embargo's so far
    Think I've had four or five, the last chairman was awesome, must have put about £40m in total into the club at random times when we didn't even need it, to "help with the running costs" or something. Nice, but why couldn't he have done it back when we were actually struggling for cash?!

New guy hasn't done anything yet

Semi Pro

I'm having the worst season in my FM experience. CCL1 and I'm only 6 points from relegation after 26 games. I haven't even managed to secure a win away

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

The switch to ugly, long ball football that makes me feel dirty all over has paid off so far; ten points from our last five games. I'm expecting it all to come crashing to a halt now, however, as our next four games are Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal and Aston Villa.

Halfway table
    Hope you stay up Terk It may not be pretty football but its getting results and you're beating Man Utd

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Getting tense now. The anti-football is still working to a degree, keeping us in with a shout of staying up. I'm hanging on the fact that my final two games are at home, hopefully we can do enough to squeak survival.

Our remaining games are

Everton (H), West Brom (A), QPR (H), Notts Forest (A), Leicester (H), Chelsea (A), West Ham (H), Newcastle (H)

It's about as good a run in as we could have hoped for.

Table Update

Youth Team

Good luck Terk!

Just had my worst result in the last decade at Merthyr pretty much, got spanked 4-0 away at Man City. Absolutely inexplicable game, their keeper made several world-class saves whilst mine let everything past him.

With Juve away in the Champions League next up, let's hope the rocket up the arse I gave them in the changing room and in the press conference does the job.

Semi Pro

You can do it Terk

FMS Moderator Emeritus

To be honest I'm not sure why I'm putting so much hope into the fact that we have some good home games remaining; we've only managed 1 win at home this season whereas we're about 11th in the table based only on away form.

And to add to the home woes we lost 8-0 against Everton. My #2 keeper got injured the day before the game, my #3 keeper was already injured and I decided not to put one of my U-18 keepers on the bench, thinking 'what's the likely hood of my 'keeper having to go off injured anyway?' Turns out that it's very likely, he went off in the 12th minute with the scores at 0-0, had to put a striker in goal and we probably did well to lose only by 8. It's screwed my goal difference.

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Well I think this is what Sir Alex Calls "Squeaky Bum Time",

2nd in the Prem with 3 games to play, Chelsea are 2 pts ahead but they only have 2 to play so it is in our own hands !!!!!!

We are also just about to play the 2nd leg of the Champions League Semi Final away to Olympique Lyonnaise, we are 3 - 1 up from the 1st leg,

The challange it seems is within my grasp, but i am a little scared of that away goal !!!!!!!

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good luck, PVentress Completing the challenge with a double would be a fitting way to do it.

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

It would certainly make all the hard work worth while, just about to play the 2nd leg so fingers crossed

Just cant decide if it is worth playing more defensive than usual, 2nd legs are always a nightmare

Well this is not good with 10 games left in the Championship my lead at the top has been reduced to 8pts after my team appear to have given up

Amateur

Okay I could well finish the season today, we are sitting nicely at the top of the table, 10 points clear, and have looked comfortable their for most of the season.

I'm expecting us to be promoted with say, 6-8 games left, which will mean we can play a weaker team

Amateur

Well the final whistle has just been blown and we took a battering !!!!!!

Lyon - 25 Shots 14 on Target
    Kings Lynn - 3 Shots 2 on Target

Luckily one of ours was a Penalty and we absolutley Stole a 1 - 1 draw, so Champions League Final here we come

And we now lose to second placed Watford thanks to a 93rd minute off-side goal that my centre-back got sent off for arguing about, that puts them just 6pts behind us with 8 games left, this really is not the best time to fall to pieces

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Seriously contrasting fortunes between those two posts

Good luck in the CL final, PVentress, hope you can overhaul Chelsea in the league as well.

And michaeltmurray, sounds like your players need to remember how to play football (or do you want to go all Warnock-style and threaten to murder the blind officials? ). Hope you can hold on.

Semi Pro

good luck in the CL final and League PVentress.

Amateur

Thanks guys, think i may need it,

Should finish the season tonight, but am going to seriously take my time, is not the time for mistakes

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Just lost 3-2 at home to West Ham who had a man sent off in the third minute Just one game left.

Code:
    16th Sunderland 38pts
    17th Canvey     35pts
    18th QPR        35pts
    19th Man Utd    32pts
    Us and QPR are tied on -28 goal difference, Man Utd need both of us to lose. Fixtures are,

Canvey vs Newcastle
    Man Utd vs Burnley
    QPR vs Aston Villa

Oh, and Man City have just won their fourth straight title.

Amateur

I am sure you can stay up Terk,

You ar ein a similar position to what i had in my first prem season, needed to match results on the final day to stay up,

I actually lost my game that time, but so did the other teams.

Amateur

Well thats the season completed !!!!!!

Full Update to Follow, hopefully tonight.

Amateur

Amazing to see Man Utd's fall from grace in your game Terk, in mine all the big four seem to have kept in shape somehow.

Hopefully you can stay up, what a nailbiting last day in store for you!

After 15 games we're on 18 points, which is good enough for 11th at the moment. A good start but it's very tight at the bottom and the field will start to spread so hopefully we don't get sucked back down. We're on a 5 game unbeaten streak though.

I ended up having to go long ball as well Terk, it's dirty but seems effective when you can't really control possesion against the good passers in the league.

Amateur

Wow. What a game. Everton being the defending Premiership champions too...

Dare we dream of a cup final?

With 4 games left Nantwich finally secure promotion back to the Premiership but Watford are still just 6pts behind us and I will be very annoyed if we throw the title away now.

Just lost 3-2 at home to West Ham who had a man sent off in the third minute Just one game left.

Code:
    16th Sunderland 38pts
    17th Canvey     35pts
    18th QPR        35pts
    19th Man Utd    32pts
    Us and QPR are tied on -28 goal difference, Man Utd need both of us to lose. Fixtures are,

Canvey vs Newcastle
    Man Utd vs Burnley
    QPR vs Aston Villa

Oh, and Man City have just won their fourth straight title.
    Good luck, though seeing Utd get relegated isn't nice

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Being a Liverpool fan, I think it's pretty funny

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Gotta agree with Terk there it is pretty funny

Amateur

Its great seeing the force of United could be getting relegated

We are in an injury crisis, so many injuries means that we are in bad form, and don't have a lead at the top anymore, both us an Charlton on the same points, although we are still 10 points clear of 3rd

As a Utd fan the inverse is happening in my game - Utd are second whilst Liverpool are mid-table after spending the first half of the season under threat of relegation

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Canvey Island
    Premier League
    2020/21

Premier League
    A promoted side really couldn't have asked for a tougher start than Liverpool, Man City (three time defending Champions) and Arsenal. We got a point from it, but had only garnered four more in the next eleven games. At that point the attacking 3-4-3 I had been developing got thrown out of the window and we went all Sam Allardyce with the sort of anti-football that would have made Arsene Wenger weep.

At halfway we had managed to keep ourselves in the mix, and though we stayed resolutely in the drop zone, we were still in with a chance of survival with eight games remaining. With two games left we were still eighteenth and had two home games remaining, though the fact that we had only so far picked up 11 points at home from the 51 available at that point didn't bode well. We lost 3-2 to West Ham despite them having gone down to ten men in only the third minute and us leading 2-1 with an hour gone. Despite that we moved out of the drop zone thanks to Q.P.R.'s 4-0 defeat at Liverpool tying us on goal difference. That left us with just a game against Newcastle and it was a showing of just how well the negative tactics had worked, losing the possession battle but winning more headers and tackles and scoring from a free kick and a corner. With Q.P.R. losing 1-0 to Aston Villa, it will be Premier League football that opens the Canvey Island Stadium.

League Positions Graph

League Cup & FA Cup
    I really wasn't bothered about the cups this season, survival was the only thing on the agenda. The League Cup saw us muller Watford in the third round before losing heavily to Arsenal. In the FA Cup we beat Cambridge and Swansea before crashing out to Man City in the 5th round.

Transfers
    A £6M net transfer spend this year, with the most expensive deal being that to bring in Aleksandar Kovacevic from Brann, so it was a bit of a shame that he didn't make too much of an impression on the side. My best deal was picking up young centre back Jamie Murphy for £2M from the financially stricken Birmingham, although that crown was challenged for by the arrivals of Patrick Marongiu and Giampiero Maestri from Juventus as both had a real positive impact on us during the run in.

Key Players
    Given where we finished in the league there obviously weren't a huge many who played well for us over the course of the season, but goalkeeper Giovanni Pasini continued to mark himself out as one to watch. Jamie Murpy impressed England manager Paul Jewell enough to win his first three international caps and improved in our side as the season wore on. John Bostock really only broke into the starting line up as the season came to its close and I began to turn back to a few players who had earned my trust previously and the former Spurs man did me proud. As did Sergio García, who would have done better in a side playing good football, but ended up as our top scorer, with most of his efforts coming from knock downs and rebounds.

Next Season
    With the new stadium set to be opened we'll have league crowds of more than 500 and that will clearly help bring a bit more money into the club. We need to improve the quality of player around but when it comes down to it simply surviving for another season will be enough for me.

Career Overview

Code:
    Season              League               Final Pos.              Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nuneaton Town
    2010/11       Blue Square North             5th             Lost in play-off semi final
    2011/12       Blue Square North            12th           Sacked 11 games into the season

Canvey Island
    2012/13       Blue Square South            10th                        None
    2013/14       Blue Square South             4th               Promoted via play-offs
    2014/15      Blue Square Premier            3rd               Promoted via play-offs
    2015/16           League 2                  8th                        None
    2016/17           League 2                  3rd                Automatic Promotion
    2017/18           League 1                  4th               Promoted via play-offs
    2018/19         Championship               12th                League Cup Finalists
    2019/20         Championship                3rd               Promoted via play-offs
    2020/21        Premier League              17th                Didn't get relegated

Canvey Island 100 Club
    Code:
    Name (Position) League Games (Overall Games); League Goals (Overall Goals); Average Rating
    (Dates at club)

James Foster (ST)             215 (260); 118(135); 7.12
    (2013-2019)
    Jeet Padaruth (GK)            213 (243); 76  (89); 6.96
    (2012-2018)
    Matthew Darlow (DC)           194 (232); 16  (20); 6.86
    (2011-2017)
    Kostas Tsioukas (DC)          188 (223); 27  (30); 7.14
    (2014-2020)
    Mark Hartmann (MC)            183 (217); 20  (31); 6.91
    (2010-2017)
    John Bostock (AMC)            170 (197); 20  (28); 7.07
    (2015-Present)
    Iain Blackman (AMLC/FC)       144 (172); 31  (39); 7.01
    (2016-Present)
    Theo Angus (DL)               125 (150);  0   (2); 6.87
    (2012-2018)
    Joseph Owusu Tabiri (DR, MRC) 105 (130);  3   (4); 6.91
    (2012-2016)
    Kyle Wilson (ST)              103 (120); 36  (44); 6.96
    (2013-2016)
    Ismail Yakubu (DC)            102 (113);  4   (4); 7.09
    (2013-2016)

Last edited by Terk; 24-02-2010 at 23:22.

Amateur

WTG on survival Terk! Great effort!

Now with two games to go we are just two points clear of Watford as we suffer 0-0 draws to Brighton and Bristol City and Watford win both of their games, (one of them against nine man Hull), and to make things even better my assistant manager tells the press Watford will win the league great way to build confidence

Even my fans don't seem to care any longer, the last time they were upset was when we lost to Premiership Everton in the FA Cup, they normally moan when we draw to anyone

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by aeropaus View Post
    WTG on survival Terk! Great effort!
    Even when we were 2-0 up on Newcastle I was nervous. Villa didn't score against QPR until an hour gone and, being the pessimist that I am, until they did I was fearing a late flurry by QPR and a late collapse by us. It was textbook Stoke from last season that we played, lose the possession battle but win your headers and score from set pieces. I'll wait to see what kind of talent I can bring in over the summer before I make a call on whether to try and go back to a bit more of an open style.

Oh, and this was Man City's 5th straight title, not their fourth as I said earlier. They still haven't won the CL yet though

Amateur

Well done Terk!

And well done michaelmurray on securing a promotion place too!

And we finally claim the title with a game to spare as Dutch Striker van Beek comes off the bench to grab two goals in a 4-1 win over Gillingham as Watford can only draw 1-1 to Brighton - looks like their players switched off after claiming promotion last weekend

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good to see you managed to hang onto the title, michaeltmurray

And I've just had news through that I'll be getting my first training and youth facilities upgrade since we were in League 2. I've asked every year since then and finally they've agreed.

Semi Pro

Well done to both Terk and MMUK!

I wish I had your success. Just lost in the play-off semi final to Worcester with Boston United in frst season

Great season including 6 wins in last 7 games to secure spot but just didn't have enough! Always next year.

Amateur

Good to see you managed to hang onto the title, michaeltmurray

And I've just had news through that I'll be getting my first training and youth facilities upgrade since we were in League 2. I've asked every year since then and finally they've agreed.
    Great news, means, you have much more chance of finding that gem that could come through your academy

And we finally claim the title with a game to spare as Dutch Striker van Beek comes off the bench to grab two goals in a 4-1 win over Gillingham as Watford can only draw 1-1 to Brighton - looks like their players switched off after claiming promotion last weekend
    Well done again murray! Always feels more of an achievement when your promoted as champions, what do you think next season will be like?

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Cheers for the congratulations, guys And TPF, nice to hear you had a better first season with Boston, hopefully you can grab promotion next time around.

Just had a message which saw me do a fist-pumping 'Yes!' celebration. Dust off those passports, Canvey are heading for Europe. Turns out that my 'hard but fair' message over the final two thirds of the season got through to the players; we may have picked up two red cards but we only got 11 yellows (the next lowest were Tottenham with 33). Inevitably we'll get a ****** draw in the qualifying rounds, but it's European football, baby

Amateur

Kings Lynn - Barclays Premier League - 2021/22 - Season 12

Following 4 seasons in the premiership, and back to back 4th place finishes i felt that the team was now getting into a position to possibly challenge at least for the Premier League if not the Champions League as well,

With this in mind i made a decision to go all out in the transfer market and really try to shape a team that could really challenge, £133 Million spent in the transfer market was a statement of intent, but has also put any thoughts of a new stadium back a year or two. I felt it was worth the risk.

We started slowly and the team really struggled to gel and the number of foreign players and different languages was obviously causing us some issues. Whilst we were not losing, we were drawing far to many, and losing ground on the pace setters. After 10 games Spurs had P10 W10 and were 10pts clear of everyone, luckily this form did not last.

We only really started to hit form after 15-20 games in to the season, it gave us a mountian to climb and a defecit of 12 pts on the now leaders Chelsea.

Once we hit form running into the New Year we really played some delightful stuff, we also were so close to achieving the Park the Tank achievement, only for Man City to score in the 86th Minute of our 10th game with out conceding

This run to the line got us into a position where it was in our own hands with 3 games to go, Win the last 3 and the title was ours, 2 wins were swiftly despatched againt bottom half teams and so to the last game of the season, 1 pt ahead of Chelsea and all to play for.

A Home Game against Birmingham should not have posed any problems, but the pressure was immense and it took a scrappy 82nd minute winner from a corner to seal a 1-0 victory and the Title

The FA and League Cup were not Priorities this year as all my resources were being thrown at the Premiership and the Champions League, Having said that, we managed to get ourselves to the final of both competitions, Winning the League Cup but losing the FA Cup final to Liverpool

And so, The Champions League

Having Finished 4th the previous season we had to qualify for the group stage, we were still not seeded for this and so we could get drawn against any club, looking at the clubs in the Pot there was one team you just did not want - Real Madrid, and, just my luck, who should pop out the bag - Real Madrid, looked like there was a big chance our European Adventure was going to finish before it had started and with all the expense in the Transfer Market it could have been a disaster.

But, I need not have worried, a truly fantastic away performance in the 1st leg saw us win 2-0 in the bernabeau, and quickly follow that up with a 2-0 home victory. 4-0 on aggregate and i felt that this could be a great year.

The group stage posed few problems with a group inclusing Olympique Lyonnais, Sporting CP and Sturm Graz, and so we moved on to the Knock out Stages.

1st round was Schalke, followed by FC Twente, both dispatched and not the toughest of runs to the Semis. Since the qualifying draw and Real Madrid the draw had been very kind to us.

and so it was back to face Lyon in the Semis, a fantastic 3-1 home win set us up for the 2nd leg, however we endured a torrid night away from home and could easily have been beaten by 3 or 4, but we held onto a 1-1 draw and we were in the final.

In the Final, AC Milan awaited, our Semi Final Conqurers 1yr earlier.

The final itself was not the greatest game, we got ourselves a penalty after 17 minutes which our Wonderkid Jason Harper despatched with a coolness beyond his years, from then what we had we held, right to the final whistle, A Historic 1-0 Victory.

Kings Lynn Champions of Europe

Challenge Completed

League Table
    League Positions Graph
    Transfers
    Squad

The Cup Runs
    Champions League - The Final v's AC Milan

League Cup - The Final v's Chelsea

FA Cup - The Final v's Liverpool

The Team that Completed the Challenge

1st Team

GK - David Ferrer
    DR - Javier Saez
    DL - Juan Manual Garcia
    DC - Victor Bernal
    DC - Carlos Masiero
    MC - Angelo Morosi
    MC - David
    AMR - Diego Suarez
    AML - Diego
    FC - Romelu Lukaku
    FC - Jason Harper

Subs/Back Ups
    Marco Di Mauro,
    Carlos Vasquez,
    Ramon Puente,
    Alexander Vasiljev,
    Tarik Kurt,
    David Bisset,
    Stuart Lunan

Code:

Career Overview

Season     League                 Position           Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North        1st              Champions, Promotion
    2011/12    Blue Square Premier      5th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
    2012/13    Coca-Cola League 2       18th     
    2013/14    Coca-Cola League 2       2nd              Promotion  
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 1       5th              Play off Winners, Promotion
    2015/16    Coca-Cola Championship   13th
    2016/17    Coca-Cola Championship   6th              Play Off Winners, Promotion
    2017/18    Barclays Premier League  17th
    2018/19    Barclays Premier League  10th
    2019/20    Barclays Premier League  4th              League Cup Winners
    2020/21    Barclays Premier League  4th              FA Cup Winners
    2021/22    Barclays Premier League  1st              Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalist
    Next Season
    Having completed the challenge i am not sure if i will continue with the save, i am tempted to try and see how dominant i can become as i think were are on the way there, and i would like a few more english lads in the dressing room so maybe i will continue and try to phase in more english or UK players.
    Last edited by PVentress; 24-02-2010 at 23:39.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Huge congratulations, PVentress 12 seasons is a mighty impressive time scale in which to complete the challenge.

Amateur

Huge congratulations, PVentress 12 seasons is a mighty impressive time scale in which to complete the challenge.
    Thanks Terk,

I think it is all down to how quickly you can move through the lower divisions, if you can get to the Prem quickly you can build up some money and i really threw the cash at it in this final season, thankfully it worked, it could however have gone horribly wrong and i would have put myself back years in achieving it.

But Congrats to you for Surviving, it really is the hardest season in my opinion in the whole Challenge, but once you have done it, you can attract a higher calibure of player and really start to progress

FMS Moderator Emeritus

It definitely was my hardest season yet, I'm hoping for things to be a little easier next time around. Title odds down from 5000-1 last season to 2000-1 this season. The board have given me a quite encouraging £21M transfer budget and upped my wage budget to just shy of £200K per week, so I should certainly be able to improve the side from last season.

The Europa League should hopefully turn out to be a good pre-season warm up for us. We start on 1st July against an Estonian team (Kalju) and, should we get past them, we've got a Belarusian team (Shakhter Soligorsk) in the 2nd qualifying round.

Semi Pro

Contrats PVentress, impressive!

Terk - 11 Yellows!? That's astonishing.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I was a bit surprised to see that figure as well. I knew we weren't picking many up throughout the season but I hadn't clocked that it was that few.

And I couldn't resist this signing. I know he's clearly past it and his wages are higher than I would like to pay someone of that age, but I just couldn't resist.

Amateur

Hastings United - 2020/2021 - Barclays Premier League

Survival was the goal.

Season Summary - 14th

Not really much to talk of really. We were competitive all season, not really getting schooled that often, but didn't have the quality to see off a number of sides. Still, we got to the 40 point mark after 32 games, and so the end of the season dip wasn't enough to punish us.

Final Table
    League Positions - Graph

League Cup - Semi-Final

Made it to the semi-final after beating Everton in the quarter final in a pulsating 5-4 win at Goodison Park. However, Liverpool beat us 3-0 at Anfield and a draw in the home leg was enough to remove us.

FA Cup - 4th Round

Flat again, losing to Tottenham in the 4th Round 2-0.

----

Squad
    Finances - A good profit again.
    Transfers

----

Key Players

Bruno Sanz - Was starting to attract attention, but the £100,000,000 price tag saw them off A quality wonderkid, and gets British citizenship in less than 3 years so if Spain don't cap him soon he could well be wearing the Three Lions.

Ladislav Kuchar - We paid a lot for him (£20,000,000, which might be a bit much heh), but the AMC role is important to the style we play).

Felipe Rios - A rock in defence, a great addition.
    Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promotion (Playoffs)
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      8th         None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promotion (Playoffs), FA Trophy Winners
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Playoffs (Semi-final defeat)
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 2       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League 1       2nd         Promotion (Automatic)
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   18th        None
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   9th         None
    2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship   1st         Promotion (Champions)
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  14th        None
    Next Season
    The players that got us up kept us up... time to start selling the deadwood and build a new core this year.

Our stadium is getting another expansion... the previous one took us to 9250 and now the board are adding another 4625, which should take us to 13,875, which is a bit bizarre given the whole planning permission cobblers I got before hand.
    Last edited by aeropaus; 25-02-2010 at 02:40.

Youth Team

Started with FC United.

Doing pretty well so far, James Keatings looks like a real prospect. (7 goals in 6 matches)

Semi Pro

Boreham Wood - 2011/12 - Blue Square South

Table

Frustrating season. Was 19th after 21 games, then pulled myself back into the final playoff spot with four games to go. Lost three of the last four to finish four points out, including a game at home to Bromley where I went 3-0 up and had nine CCCs to none, but promptly lost 3-4 to four long range strikes. Safe to say my keeper didn't have his contract renewed.

I brought in Charles Ademeno near the end of the season, and he scored six in seven, so that gives me some hope, but as usual the problems are at the back, as I concede so many goals from errors.

Brett O'Kane had a terrific first up season, winning the fans' player of the year award, making his England under 19s debut and being wanted by pretty much every English club from L1, a couple of Championship and SPL sides and Premiership Burnley at some point. No bids though. Have signed him to a new contract so he's mine for another two seasons at least.

He has scored five goals to date in pre-season too.

My form in the latter stages of the season, plus the addition of Ademeno, makes me optimistic of promotion, but I never seem to start FM seasons well so who knows.

---

2010/11 - BSS - 8th
    2011/12 - BSS - 8th
    Last edited by CityAndColour; 25-02-2010 at 11:34.

Amateur
    FC United of Manchester - Dafuge Challenge 2011

Just got round to starting the Dafuge Challenge. I am trying to get Durham, I've already had 200+ reloads. I may give up and settle for FC United though.

I have been saving when I get new teams in though, so if anyone is after a starting save, ask/pm me and I'll tell you if I have it.

Time to spend another day reloading.

*Edit* - Dafuge's Challenge Saves Thread
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 25-02-2010 at 12:26.

Semi Pro

nice one PVentress. Congrats on completing

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Hint: When you've just accepted a £3M bid for a player you no longer want and who is causing problems in the squad, don't go and play him in a Europa League qualifying game as he'll end up with a torn hamstring which scuppers his move and you'll be stuck with his exorbitant wages for another six months at least

Semi Pro

Hint: When you've just accepted a £3M bid for a player you no longer want and who is causing problems in the squad, don't go and play him in a Europa League qualifying game as he'll end up with a torn hamstring which scuppers his move and you'll be stuck with his exorbitant wages for another six months at least
    thanks. i'll remember that when I eventually start playing Europa League football

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Good God my reserve 'keeper is ****. I wouldn't be comfortable putting him in a League 1 side. Time to splash some cash on a replacement.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

3 league games, 3 defeats, 2 of them against newly promoted clubs. Hands up if you think this season is going to stink as bad as last season. *puts hand up*

Amateur

I'm starting to think Durham will never come, I've done about 500 reloads now and in the past 5 hours, I've had ONE new team, FC United.

Part-Timer

3 league games, 3 defeats, 2 of them against newly promoted clubs. Hands up if you think this season is going to stink as bad as last season. *puts hand up*
    hows your attendances this season, are you getting enough money in to cover the outgoings.
    Garcia looks real quality as does Murphy. Perhaps you just need a slight tweaking of your tactics to improve. Might also be worthwhile buying up cheap spanish players that are on the transfer list so they can be sold on 2 years later when they are worth more.
    some may even improve your squad, my 2nd best striker was on the transfer list.

Semi Pro

*Puts hand up* Good luck terk.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by jordanswinburn View Post
    I'm starting to think Durham will never come, I've done about 500 reloads now and in the past 5 hours, I've had ONE new team, FC United.
    don't think anybody has ever had or even seen durham come up

FMS Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    hows your attendances this season, are you getting enough money in to cover the outgoings.
    Garcia looks real quality as does Murphy. Perhaps you just need a slight tweaking of your tactics to improve. Might also be worthwhile buying up cheap spanish players that are on the transfer list so they can be sold on 2 years later when they are worth more.
    some may even improve your squad, my 2nd best striker was on the transfer list.
    Unfortunately García was only on loan and I couldn't afford to make it permanent. Only had one league game at home so far (against Stoke) but the attendance was 11,400 (our capacity is now 16,700). So far this season (excluding player sales/purchases) our incomings are about £4.2M p/m and expenditure is about £3.5M p/m. Transfer activity over the summer put us £5M into the red, so hopefully by the end of the season we can be back in the black.
    Last edited by Terk; 25-02-2010 at 16:05.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    don't think anybody has ever had or even seen durham come up
    I'm giving myself a deadline of 6pm tonight lol, if it doesn't come up, FC United it is

Youth Team

Great job on staying up Terk, and congratulations PVentress

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by pnefc22 View Post
    Don't give in bermy! Us Guiseley boys need to stick at it

Try calling a meeting to talk about underachievement.
    Cheers. Actually forgot about this suggestion, so never did it and only had two wins by the new year.

However, managed to bring in another couple of loanees; centre back and striker. Switch to a 4-4-2 diamond and bam! Irish kid up front bangs home a couple of the way to a 4-2 win, battling back from 2-1 down. Very next game, stick with it to play the top of the table side away....and come out with a 2-1 win.

Doubled my number of wins just like that, now got 4 Still 3rd from bottom, only a point in it now though.

Amateur

After an extensive period of failed reloading for Durham, I settled for FC United.

Manager Profile

Youth Team

Playing great football at the moment with FC United but we've started to drop silly points at home. Still top though, by 2 points.

Amateur

Having an alright start with FC United. 4 games in. First game was a 3-2 win, coming back from 2-0. Then 2-0 against Workington, followed by a 1-1 draw against Farsley. And just had my first loss against Eastwood 3-2, although we could have easily won it.

Players to watch

Nicky Ajose - On loan Striker from Manchester United, already scored 6 so far in 4 games.
    Ben Greenhalgh - Winner of Football's Next Star. Signed from Welling for free. Putting in good performances on the wing, with some very good stats for a BSN winger.
    Alan Power - Signed for free from Hartlepool. Looks like he'll be our main man in central midfield.

Semi Pro

Boston united Champions of League one with two games to spare. Oh Yeah

Amateur

Is there anything to stop me holidaying more than one season to get a promoted club? As long as they have no history of course

Semi Pro

Boston united season 14 2023/24

League Table 1, Position Graph final position - 1st.

A fantastic season here with the result being that we have been promoter as Champions without losing a game. It was hard at times and Cardiff, middlesborough an dPeterborough all pushed us close right up to the end.

Cups

Cups were better than last season with 3rd round appearances in both League and FA Cups and a 2nd round in the JPT.

FA Cup

League Cup

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Transfers

Only two brought in again. One on loan.

Star Player

The star player this season has been Aiden Campbell

Campbell has been on top form all year even grabbing the Top Scorer award.

Key Players

I can't pick any one player as a key player as all the squad were great so here is the Squad

Finances

Code:
    Season           League              Final Position               Achievments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       Blue Square North          7th                         none
    2011/12       Blue Square North          2nd                       Promoted Via Playoffs
    2012/13       Blue Square Premier        15th                        none  
    2013/14       Blue Square Premier        20th                        none
    2014/15       Blue Square Premier        12th                        none
    2015/16       Blue Square Premier        3rd                       Lost in Playoff Final   
    2016/17       Blue Square Premier        1st                       Automatic Promotion, FA Trophy
    2017/18       Coca Cola League 2         2nd                       Automatic Promtion
    2018/19       Coca Cola League 1         21st                      Relegated to League 2
    2019/20       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Lost in Playoff Final
    2020/21       Coca Cola League 2         4th                       Promoted via Playoffs
    2021/22       Coca Cola League 1         9th                         none
    2022/23       Coca Cola League 1         11th                        none
    2023/24       Coca Cola League 1         1st                       League 1 Champions

Other Winners
    Premier League - Chelsea
    FA Cup - Everton
    Carling Cup - Everton - Edged out Liverpool in a tight Merseyside Derby
    Champions League - Olympique Lyonnais
    UEFA Cup - Inter
    European Champioships - England

Aims for next season

Survival is the one and only goal for next season.

Amateur

2019-2020 Season Review-Kings Lynn-CCL2

Not a great season in which we never looked like getting promoted or relegated. No real progress in the cups either.

Stars Of the Season

Toze
    Sam Hill
    Billy Keen

League 2-15th
    League Positions Graph
    FA Cup-2nd round v Bradford
    League Cup-1st round v Middlesbrough
    JPT-2nd round v Cambridge

Manager Overview
    Transfers

Next season I would like a playoff challenge.

Code:
    Season    League                            Position       Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
    2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
    2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
    2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None
    2015/16	  Blue Square Premier	            3rd            Playoff Semi losers
    2016/17	  Blue Square Premier	            5th	           Promoted via Playoffs	
    2017/18	  League 2			    21st	   None	
    2018/19	  League 2			    9th		   None
    2019/20	  League 2			    15th           None
    Last edited by Liverbird93; 25-02-2010 at 21:52. Reason: Fixing code

Amateur
    South Carolina, U S and A! by way of Hampshire, UK

Quote Originally Posted by ScottT! View Post
    Is there anything to stop me holidaying more than one season to get a promoted club? As long as they have no history of course

Nope, go for it, it sometimes works to find rarer clubs

Semi Pro

Three months after starting this save, I've finally got around to finishing my first season. Hopefully I'll get the next one done before the summer .

----

King's Lynn - 2010/11 - Blue Square North

Media prediction: 18th
    Final position: 7th

Final league table

Past positions graph

A decent debut season that could have been much better with a bit more of luck and/or effort on our side. We got off to a good start, winning five of our six first games, and making ourselves comfortable in the top half of the table from the start. We spent almost the whole first half of the season in the top five, and even were leaders once or twice. A bad run of form that carried throughout the winter and that was highlighted by a series of injuries to our top goalscorer saw us dropping from the playoff places, and despite keeping close for the remainder of the season, we never managed a winning streak that could propel us back into the fight for promotion.

We came to the final games with mathematical chances, but having to play the last four games in only seven days (thanks to an away game at Eastwood that was postponed twice due to the bad pitch conditions, and that in the end was played on the 27th of April over snow!) with an old, short and tired squad left us without any realistic hopes of making it. In the end we missed the playoffs by just one point, although our terrible goal difference made it even tougher to get there.

I can't complain too much, since the quality of my squad was decidedly poor. We suffered mightily whenever Carey-Bertram or Jaime weren't in the team, our back line leaked goals like crazy, and our forwards (save Carey-Bertram) seemed unable to score a goal to save their lives. My biggest problem this season has been finding any decent player that wanted to play for King's Lynn, and hopefully things will be a bit easier next year in this department, otherwise we might struggle again.

In other news, we've already gone through our first takeover! It only took until October 2010 for a consortium to take control of King's Lynn. They injected €180k into the club's accounts on arrival, which was nice, but did nothing else from then on. Well, they gave me a big scare when the new chairman announced his intentions to fire me and hire some other manager in my place, but in the end they came to their senses and let me do my work. Our finances are quite secure so far, around €150k in the black, despite stepping a bit over the wage budget.

---

FA Cup - The draw wasn't too kind with us, drawing us in the 3rd qualifying round at home against Dover, who were leading the BSS by then. A narrow 0-1 defeat was enough to kick us out of the competition.

FA Trophy - Even worse was our performance in the FA Trophy. A very winnable tie at home against Harrow Borough turned into a nightmare as we somehow managed to lose 1-2. Quite disappointing, to say the least.

---

Players

Transfers

Props

- Danny Carey-Bertram: Our top goalscorer, and also the cause of our downfall, after missing a good part of the second half of the season due to various injuries. We missed him very much, since our other strikers sucked so much it wasn't funny.

- Jaime: I was surprised when the Spanish veteran midfielder agreed to join us, first on trial and later on a permanent basis. As the most technically gifted player of the squad, he ruled our midfield, led the team in assists, and contributed six important goals to our cause. Still has at least one more season of good football on him, hopefully.

Slops

- Paul Hall: That a 38 years old fellow was our best choice as a right winger tells you a lot about the quality of the players I had at my disposal. Hall was unable to impact our game in any positive way, only grabbing his two goals from the penalty spot. In the final third of the season I finally found an average loanee to replace him, and he did more good in eight games than the Jamaican did in thirty-five.

- Anthony Robinson, Adrian Stone: Both were signed as our target men in a flat 4-4-2 formation, and both failed hard at their job. Robinson started well, but soon faded into obscurity. Stone was even worse, failing to do anything positive (0 goals, 0 assists) in sixteen games. In the end I gave up on them and switched to a 4-5-1 with Carey-Bertram alone up front, just so I didn't have to play any of them.

---

Career so far

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North        7th         ---

FMS Moderator Emeritus

That's nowhere near as **** as I would have expected you to be, Dalbeider

Semi Pro

That's nowhere near as **** as I would have expected you to be, Dalbeider
    Just you wait, I have to match your record of consecutive second season sackings .

Amateur

Never seen that before, but it's a great little addition. I assume it's something to do with stadium condition?

Nantwich Town – Championship 2021/22 – Season 12

So after a strong finish to a disapointing season last year the hopes this season were to attempt to get repromoted to the Premiership and with us losing £2m a month sooner rather than later would be best.

The boards expectations at least were just to finish in the top half with which they gave me £20m to do so but at the same time they expected me to reduce the wage budget, whilst the bookies expected a playoff position as did the media - somewhat disapointing that Vincent Acapandie is held in the same regard as me by the fans.

Transfers - rather quiet this season signings were largely youngsters whilst ex-Arsenal midfielder Denilson was signed on a free after being released by Liverpool, whilst various unrequired squad players were sold off as well as a couple of youngsters. Whilst we raised a further £9m by cashing in my 50% sell on clause with Maidana - Utd don't play him and his value is pulleting.

So after a solid end to the season last year I decided to keep faith with my current squad, which was further boosted by several players finally settling in Nantwich and new contracts solved the harmony problems.

And for the first time for a long time we got off to a good start in the league winning our first 4 games concedding just once and with our first defeat coming in our 12th game which saw us etch out an early lead at the top of the table, my counter-attacking 4-1-3-2 formation proved to be very effective - we were solid in defence and deadly in attack and by the turn off the year we had only lost once more and had opened up a comfortable lead at the top of the table, however our goals had started to dry up - teams started to play more defensive against us and our counter-attacking system meant we struggled to break teams down and resorted to wastful long shots - however switching to Control slowed things down and we started to pass the ball around waiting for space to open up and the goals started to flow again, if I could get my strikers into the game they proved deadly needing half chances to score.

However with a massive lead opened up at the top of the table my players started to switch off getting complacent and nervous which saw them not bother to put the effort in and make stupid mistakes which started to cost us points and allowed second placed Watford who were storming up the table after a poor start to start catching us, and with Watford beating us with an offside goal in injury time the run in would be close - Watford got within two points of us with two games left but as they'd just won promotion they switched off and we finally claimed the title with a game spare.

Table - Our points haul of 101 was just three short of Wigan's record and the second highest, whilst our 25 goals conceeded was by far the best ever in the league (it incrediably annoying that the game doesn't deem that a stat worth remembering), whilst a would have felt sorry for Watford if they didn't nearly take the title from me as 95pts would normal be enough to win the league.

POS Graph - we spent the entire season top of the league, apart from when teams had played more games than us, and we really should have had the title sown up ages ago.

Squad

Irish Keeper Alan Dolan continued in goal and had a solid season when he was called upon, though he did get caught out a few times - he struggled to catch the ball giving away several needles corners and a few times the bounce from long balls left him in no-mans land, though he played better than his understudy Michael Palmer who again failed to show why my staff rate him so highly.

At right back Pedro Leite had another solid season, though the pressure got to him towards the end of the season and that gave NIrish youngster Joe Canavan a chance to impress, whilst we are even stronger at left back as Airam Barba was again in impressive form and Hicham Hadji is a more than capable understudy.

In the centre of defence Erwin Bauwens rarely put a foot wrong and has even taken a British passport - he seems to have been encourged by the fact that the current England squad has poached two Spaniards, two Italians and a Frenchman, though I have to ask how he has never been capped by Belguim? continuing as his partner was Ryan Shawcross who the press are continualy surprised by him being dropped by England. Providing cover was the Peruvian Carlos Perez.

My Captain Matthew Whyte continued as my Defensive Midfielder with Gary Alexander who's dubbed the new Graeme Souness providing cover, whilst both of them had solid seasons they were hardly fantastic and a new DM may be needed for the Premiership.

In the Centre Midfield position was new signing Denilson who had a solid season and is hopefuly still up for the rigours of the Premiership, providing cover was Ricardo Sousa who had a solid season considering most of it was spent coming off the bench to be a fresh pair of legs.

Playing through the middle as my Advanced Playmaker was Nantwich Icon Magnus Eikrem and whilst he is no longer one of my better players his ability to place and pick a pass is second to none in my squad and he deserves a second attempt at Premiership football, though pushing him hard is Brazilian Winger Dario who becomes the first player in eight years to out assist Eikrem - who has made remarkable progress in the last 18 months - last winter with him out of the team due to me not using wingers and him failing to settle in Nantwich my chairman accepted a £10m offer from Austria for him, but after he turned the offer down I gave him a second chance and retrained him into a MC and he is now happy and my highest rated player.

To shake things up this season I reployed my left central midfielder as a Box-to-Box midfielder which played to a now happy Jose Bogado's strengths, whilst his understudy was promising French Winger Jerome Muraccioli who was also retrained into a MC.

Upfront I had to change things around this season as promising French Striker Frank Schmidt missed most of the season through injury - I just couldn't get him match fit, he just kept on picking up injuries. This saw Dutch Striker Ernst van Beek redeployed as my Poacher and Bulgarian Vladislav Dimitrov drop back as my support Striker and they were both on fire scoring goals for fun, until they approached 20 goals and the goals started to dry up - I don't know what it is but nearly every season when my strikers get close to 20 goals they just dry up from their early season form they should really be getting 30+ goals a season. Whilst van Beek's fine form see's him get a surprise callup to the Dutch squad for the World Cup where he's my only representive, and Dimitrov became my all time top scorer and the first to reach 100 goals with 102 goals beating Fitzharris's 93 goals..

To provide cover I brought in Franck Etchepare on loan from Liverpool as John Fleck had a poor season, whilst Academy prospect Geoff Grant was given a few games to help him develop.

Overview - We even embarked on a cup run this season, in the Carling Cup we knocked out Rotherham, Huddersfield and Premiership Burnley before narrowly losing to Liverpool - rather annoying is when the draw was made it was the perfect time to play Liverpool they were in awful form in the league being in the relegation spots, but a week before they played us they fired their manager and hired a new one that boosted their morale before playing us

In the FA Cup we again knocked out Rotherham and then Sheff Utd before facing Everton when we were out of the form and we really should have won at home but allowed them to come back twice to claim a replay and in the replay we just didn't turn up.

Confidence - a title winning season see's me again become Untouchable.

Profile - Whilst I rather surprisingly see my reputation increase to Continental and pick up the Manager of the year award.

Whilst the board finally decide to upgrade our facilities to Good and then decide to upgrade them again for the coming season.

Best XI - falls down this season with Dario selected as my DM, and Etchepare preferred for Dimitrov up front.

Finances - well it was a good thing we gained promotion this season as by the end of the season we were in the red.

So the plan for next season is to well stay in the Premiership this time, whilst my transfer priorities are a new DM and a Striker.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
    2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
    2012/13        League Two                8th
    2013/14        League Two                11th
    2014/15        League Two                15th
    2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
    2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions
    2017/18        Championship              15th
    2018/19        Championship              3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
    2019/20        Premier League            20th             Relegated
    2020/21        Championship              9th
    2021/22        Championship              1st              Promoted - Champions

Quote Originally Posted by aeropaus View Post
    Never seen that before, but it's a great little addition. I assume it's something to do with stadium condition?
    Yes their Stadium condition was listed as very poor, it's now listed as unknown which I pressume means it's so bad their isn't even a description for it

They never recovered from being relegated in the first season, and spent the previous two in League One.

Amateur

Looks like I'm going to be in the BSN for another season. 18th with 3 games in hand on 32 points in February. I'd have to win all 3 of those games to get into the top half. And if I did, I'd be 7 points from Playoffs. So unless a miracle occurs, I'll be having another season in here.

After 32 games I am already champion of the PL woho, new personal record

Amateur

I'm so ****ed at myself that I haven't been doing updates with my Dartford game. I've played around 10 more seasons since my last update, and I've just made the Championship and floating around mid-table. God, I've got to be more disciplined.

Amateur

Right, so I think i may have found something to keep me reignite my interest in football manager! Dafuge, your challenge has been accpeted, and I will be taking Truro all the way

Here is my profile here Manager Profile

Amateur

And if anyone can help me on post a screenshot from photobucket like above, that would say 'manager profile' but not post a mini screen shot at the same time, would be much appreciated!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Nunnother View Post
    Right, so I think i may have found something to keep me reignite my interest in football manager! Dafuge, your challenge has been accpeted, and I will be taking Truro all the way

Here is my profile here Manager Profile
    Put this:

Code:
     URL=http://s761.photobucket.com/albums/xx260/Nunnzor/Truro/?action=view&current=SimonNunn.png]Manager Profile[/URL
    Obviously you need to add the extra [ and ] at either end but that will come up as you want.

Amateur

Thanks, I'll try that next time i want to post a screenshot! Also helps that i read the 'add a link' part of dafuges op! My excuse is that its early in the morning!!

Amateur

Whatttt?! Ben Greenhalgh scored direct from a corner two games in a row for me.

Not complaining like.
    Last edited by jordanswinburn; 26-02-2010 at 13:16.

Semi Pro

I've just smashed Boston United's transfer record on this guy

Juan Jesus Sanchez

Spent 1.2 milliion on him. Only managed that much due to getting 2 million for a central defender.

Semi Pro

Hi guys. I'm thinking of joining this challenge but I have a question. Are we allowed to use custom made tactics that we can download from the forums? I've had good luck using The Better Half's Target Man tactic sets but I'm unclear as to whether we can use them in this challenge or if we have to try to develop our own?

Amateur
    Pogon, 2009, Gundo's FM09 European Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by gollum65 View Post
    Hi guys. I'm thinking of joining this challenge but I have a question. Are we allowed to use custom made tactics that we can download from the forums? I've had good luck using The Better Half's Target Man tactic sets but I'm unclear as to whether we can use them in this challenge or if we have to try to develop our own?
    Yes mate, you can use whatever tactics you like

Semi Pro

Cool, thanks. I usually setup my own training regimens but I don't know a whole lot about soccer yet so I try to rely on custom tactics that others have made. I've had pretty good success with a Southampton save so far but I'm looking for a bigger challenge and this sounds fun.

Working my way through the 2009 season with my holiday guy. When I pick a team I'll post my profile screenie.

Amateur

FC United of Manchester - Blue Square North 2010/11

My first season with FC United, and it turns out to be one of the most intense season's I've ever had on an FM game.

I set my season expectation to 'Avoid Relegation'. I got a £7k transfer budget to do this, with a lovely £9k wage budget. The media expected me to get relegated.

Transfers - The usual team overhaul for the first season. Managed to keep some of the budget too.

So with the team sorted, it was time to press on. The season started not too greatly, with two wins followed by a draw and two losses. This run continued and saw us 18th half way through the season. Our cup runs ended badly. Went out of the FA Cup in the FA Cup 4th Qual. Round 4-0 in the replay against Histon. We managed to get through to the 3rd round of the FA Trophy, before being beaten 3-2 by Southport in a replay.

However, 26 games into the season, something clicked, and we had an absolutely amazing rise up the table, starting with a 1-0 win against Altrincham, followed by a great 1-0 win against eventual league winners Hinckley. From the 26th game, we had only 2 losses, and 3 draws. The rest were wins, including 4-0 thrashings of Chester and Gainsborough, 3-2 wins against Nuneaton and Harrogate, and 3-0 wins against Fleetwood, Stafford and Solihull.

This led to us being equal on points with Nuneaton, who were now in 6th due to me having higher goal difference, on the last day of the season. I had a game against Alfreton, whilst Nuneaton had AFC Telford. All I had to do was win, and hope that if Nuneaton won, it wasn't anything over 8 goals. I beat Alfreton 2-0, and Nuneaton beat Telford 2-1. Which meant I took 5th. The playoffs beckoned.

We had Droylsden in our playoff semi. The first leg, at home, ended in a 1-1 draw. So it was all to play for in the away game. And our lads delivered. Alan Power, Ben Greenhalgh and Lloyd Kenny scoring for us, in a 3-1 victory. On to the final.

Corby were the only team standing between FC United and the BSP. I went with the same team as I did against Droylsden in the 2nd leg, minus Matt Holland. This is how it ended.

Table

Position Chart

Squad

Star Players

Nicky Ajose - Our main striker, missed the last 5 games due to the torn calf muscle.

Steven Beck - Was originally the second choice AMR. However when he filled in for the at the time injured S-Latef, he cemented a place in the team, and became one of the most important players in our rise up the league.

Ben Greenhalgh - The Non-League Cristiano Ronaldo. Ben was creating havoc on the wing, running rings round player after player. He scored some brilliant goals, including a great free kick from 30 yards out, and two goals direct from corners!

Matt Holland - Matt came half way through the season, and instantly made his way into the team as our defensive midfielder. Very consistent, and made sure our defence was

Lloyd Kerry - One half of the great central midfield combination of Kerry and Power.

Carl Martin - Our best defender. Carl played in every league game for us. Scoring 10 goals, and some good ones too.

Alan Power - The other half of the great central midfield combination.

Zeyn S-Latef - Loan star number two. S-Latef spent most of his time either in the centre or on the left wing, however when he got injured half way through the season, he lost his position to Beck, but when he came back, he found his place as a striker, replacing the injured Ajose, scoring 5 of his 6 league goals in this period.

Confidence

Finances - Finances are getting a bit downhill, hopefully promotion will get them back up.

The plan for next season is to stay up, get a decent cup run, and try and further overachieve.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         5th              Promoted - Playoffs

Semi Pro

Michael Murray and Jordan - Congratulations on both promotions!

Anyway, I'm a failure to humanity on this game.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

I hate not being able to afford strikers who can score goals My big purchase this summer was an Austrian from Man Utd, and now I see why they went down. If I survive this season then I may pump all my cash next summer into buying one top class striker.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

And my solution to my striker problem? Stick two more of them on the field. I'm going to try and introduce a change from last season's unimaginably negative yet in the end successful 4-5-1 to a still pretty rigid but hopefully a bit more pleasing on the eye 4-3-3.

FMS Moderator Emeritus

3 games into my 4-3-3 now, decided to go with quite a balanced philosophy that allows us to switch between playing more on the counter away from home and on the front foot at home. Results so far,

Canvey 2 - 1 Sunderland
    Canvey 2 - 0 Leicester
    Everton 1 - 3 Canvey

And all three of my strikers have scored in those games (Rooney and Vokes have two each). Starting to hope that I've really hit on the way to get this group of players performing to their best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast