+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 4,000 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Youth Team

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

One word: phew we were out of the competition at half time, then what a second half!

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2026/27

Predicted: 3rd
    Finished: 1st

League Table
    League Table Graph

Got my first international management offer from the Portugese F.A. - Not yet I'm afraid.

Didn't start off the best with a close defeat in the Community Shield but it was nothing to go crazy about. We did better in the Super Cup against a very ordinary Milan side.

Early on we sent out a message pretty quickly by beating City on their own turf.

Although they did return the favour..

The league situation sometimes did take a back seat to the Champions League I must admit. However to me it's normal given it was our first year in the competition. The novelty did seem to influence my team selections.

The league was wrapped up with 3 games left to go after City slipped up at home to hand us the title.

Debut Champions League

Group Stages

Easy as you get. Some strong away performances here which became a regular theme in our campaign.

First Knockout Stage

First Leg: Took me by surprise how easy we had it.
    Second Leg: Wasn't happy but it was enough for us to head through.

Quarter Finals

First Leg: Scored on 55 minute mark. Ten minutes passed after that and they were down to 9 men.
    Second Leg: Ortega brace.

Semi-Final

First Leg: Another Ortega brace. Incredible result for away in Europe.
    Second Leg: Tiaguinho sealed our place in the final.

Final: It was close. Too close. It all happened in the first half and from then on it was just tension at who would score next. Nobody did. On a side note, we faced our former number one Bruno Oeslati and our former left back Jesus Torres sold only a season ago.

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

-----------------

Lookies

Transfers Only transfer for the first team was Henrique to plug up a gap at left back. Rest are signed up for the future.

Club Info On the legends list now. New stadium please!

Squad Few players pushing on but I'm signing up enough good youth to be sure they'll be ready to replace players like Conte and Kirichenko.

Finances Beginning to look prosperous. Will need to continue with the success to build this club up further.

------------------------------------
    Cups

Carling Cup Poor effort considering it was against a rubbish Leeds side and half of our players were first teamers.
    FA Cup Winners
    Champions League Winners

Inspired by Dafuges latest post on his completed challenge
    Treble Winning Dartford

GK:Dmitry Tischenko - Biography
    RB:Rik De Jong - Biography
    LB:Mario Henriques - Biography
    CB:Javier - Biography
    CB:Curtis Mutch - Biography
    MC:Roberto Conte - Biography
    MC:Terry Pierce - Biography
    AMR:Diyan Vanchev - Biography
    AML:Ricardinho - Biography
    FC:Jaime Ortega - Biography
    FC:Glenn Intezar - Biography

The Bench...

CB:Eugeny Kirichenko - Biography
    RB:Karim Godart - Biography
    MC:Santos - Biography
    AMR:Jamie Butcher - Biography
    MC:Daniel Rau - Biography
    FC:Tiaguinho - Unfortunately he doesn't have a Bio yet despite already having two EPL Winners medals, a Carling Cup Winners medal, a FA Cup winners medal, a Europa League Winners medal and a Champions League Winners medal ..and this year he got this award (just to finish the bumming and blowing.)

Career Overview

Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, UEFA Europa League Winners, Qualified for the UEFA Champions League
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, UEFA Champions League Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners
    Next Season

Bring through some youth and hopefully build up some cash for a new stadium.

EDIT: Here we are finally!..pity about the name and the fact it's two years away but whatever.
    Last edited by JonnyCurrie; 28-12-2009 at 23:13.

World Cup Winner

Congratulations

Always nice to see Dartford doing so well

Youth Team

Congrats Jonny carrying on I take it?

Amateur

Yeah. Hopefully this will be my last save before the next FM.

Amateur

Hi lads, only got FM10 for Christmas, interested in doing this again. Is 10.2.0 the latest update? Does it matter btw?

EDIT: Also, can only seem to get Daf's DDT file working on 10.0.0, so I'll go with that if that's ok?
    Last edited by AdamFitz; 28-12-2009 at 23:55.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFitz View Post
    Hi lads, only got FM10 for Christmas, interested in doing this again. Is 10.2.0 the latest update? Does it matter btw?

EDIT: Also, can only seem to get Daf's DDT file working on 10.0.0, so I'll go with that if that's ok?
    It needs to be put here for 10.2:

Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

Amateur

Cheers mate, did 1020 in that but forgot update-1020, cheers.

EDIT: Hmm, seems I don't have a Football Manager 2010 folder in Sports Interactive, weird...
    EDIT: Nvm, got it at:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt
    Last edited by AdamFitz; 29-12-2009 at 00:02.

Third Team

Into January now and top of the Championshipp by double digits. Knocked out in the Carling Cup 4th round. Into the FA Cup 4th round against struggling Premiership Wolves managed by Gary Neville. Have managed to bring in a couple players who are Prem quality and most of the squad is Championsip quality as well as good form has helped me. Basically doing this off a transfer budget less than 400k and a wage budget of around 67k of which I'm over by a good 5k. Tried getting Danny Welbeck on loan from my parent club Man Utd as he's in the Reserves and still good enough for the Prem but he wants to fight for his place and I can't afford him as he costs around 2 mil. Definitely going in for him in the summer though when I manage promotion.

Gonna post links of my squad later but Tami Petrescu, Matty Fryatt, Mike Parkhurst, Ogembe, Aaron Mokoena (my captain), Kamel Musa and a Spanish regen attacking mid Paz have been instrumental as well a regen goalie I got on a free. Not sure he's Prem quality but he should be. Just gotta maintain some amount of the form I have and I should qualify automatically.

I am having a great midrun in the Championship. Started of really bad having my best defender sold by the chairman. Now finally got 2 new great defenders and a superb prospect keeper (could become wonderkid in my eyes)! And now getting higher and higher in the league. From 22 to 14 in 10 games!

Part-Timer

Just tried to sell a player who is not in my plans. He wanted me to pay 6000p/w of his wages in order to move. his current contract has another 3.5 years to run and he earns 6500 p/w .
    on another note the chairman sold a goalie 2 years ago for 2 million and he was let go in the summer so i resigned him. he upset most of the squad for some reason and didn't play very well so in jan i've just sold him for 1.5 million +50% sell on

Youth Team

1000th game in charge gives us our first ever FA Cup Final appearance with a 1-0 win over Arsenal in the Semi

Just killed Everton with 2-0 in the FA Cup 5th Rnd! Woho!

Amateur

2012-2013 Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

Not a very good season for us really. We started quite well and were in the playoff spots for a while but then a very disappointing run ended our season but we were never in danger of going down.

We owed a lot to our central midfielders Paul Lawless and Nick Main and also the goals of Sean Fitzharris.

BSP-16th
    League positions graph
    FA cup-1st round-Oldham
    FA trophy-3rd round-AFC Wimbledon

Transfers
    Manager Overview

Target for next year is get promoted.

Code:
    Season    League                            Position       Achievements
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
    2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None

LOL, the club must be kidding. In the board confidence update they are saying that they are very happy with my major contributing factor in increasing the clubs stature. Great uhuh. But then:

However, your decision to let Salvatore Bettega leave the club is regarded by the fans as an aberration...

My decision?? You bloody sold him #)(#$*)(# chairman

Amateur

Started at Tiverton Town

Ehm anyone who had this? Consortium

What does it mean? Will i get kicked? :s

Youth Team

Season 19 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League
    - 1st, Champions (Table)
    Champions League - Winners
    FA Cup - WinnersLeague Cup - 4th Round (lost v Chelsea)
    Club World Championship - Winners
    European Super Cup - Winners
    Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

Best ever points total in the League, completely dominated and had it won after 31 games, and best of all managed to win the FA Cup, the one trophy that had eluded me thus far

Unfortunately, we still didn't manage the unbeaten season, losing early on away to Man City in the league, and on penalties away at Chelsea in the League Cup. We got revenge on the former, though, with an extra time win in the Champions League final.

Got my finances back up to something respectable so I'll yammer on at the board about youth/training facilities and a new stadium before they disappear into a black hole again during the summer

Code:
    Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
    2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
    2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
    2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
    2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
    2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
    2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
    2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
    2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
    2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners
    2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
    2028/29   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners

Previous Season Reports:
    Season 1 - 2010/11
    Season 2 - 2011/12
    Season 3 - 2012/13
    Season 4 - 2013/14
    Season 5 - 2014/15
    Season 6 - 2015/16
    Season 7 - 2016/17
    Season 8 - 2017/18
    Season 9 - 2018/19
    Season 10 - 2019/20
    Season 11 - 2020/21
    Season 12 - 2021/22
    Season 13 - 2022/23
    Season 14 - 2023/24
    Season 15 - 2024/25
    Season 16 - 2025/26
    Season 17 - 2026/27
    Season 18 - 2027/28

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2028/29

Last season we achieved the big Premier League and Champions League double, so it was always going to be difficult to follow that up. Last season I had pretty much abandoned the two domestic cups, so this year I wanted to try and win one of those.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

Mark Hughes retiring seems to have killed off Man City but Reading (who finished in the bottom half last season) came from no where to challenge for the title. We raced into a lead which was pulled back as we flew out to Australia to compete in the Club World Cup but we lost form as teh fixtures piled up, with a run of just one win in five games with three defeats.

Community Shield - it was a dominant display to retain the shield.

UEFA Super Cup - we were probably just the better team so it was painful to lose on penalties in our first attempt at this cup.

FIFA Club World Cup - the semi was easy but the final gave us a bit more trouble. Despite dominating heavily, it took extra time to secure the win.

FA Cup - this was a massive shock as we lost to Championship Notts County.

Carling Cup - we blasted our way to the final only to lose on penalties in the final. This is now the third time we have lost this final.

UEFA Champions League - the group draw was a gift although we nearly threw away top spot in the final game with a 3-1 loss. The knockout rounds were simple with former player Dale Ellis the only person to score against us for Lyon in the semi final. The final gave us a change to take revenge on Roma and despite going a goal behind, we strolled to success for the second successive year.

Transfers - I just about made a profit by selling a few of the players who were not getting into the team. The two signings were proven talent who came at reasonable prices, I couldn't really turn them down, even with the massive wages.

Squad - I'm happy with this current squad, although I may look for a quality right back and a backup left winger.

Key Player Profiles:

Pol Sesma - for £14.5m he was a bargain, he's a quality striker.

Javier - despite the arrival of Sesma, Javier kept up his goalscoring record.

Cuma Sahan - yet another massive contribution from midfield.

Juan José Dorta - despite spending £30m on a right winger last season, this was a player I have been trying to sign for years.

Paul Ramm - the one shining star from my own youth academy.

Career Overview
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
    2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
    2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
    2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
    2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
    2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
    2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
    Next Season

Despite the success, the club still needs to grow. The finances are in a precarious state, with the prize money the only thing preventing us from going into massive debt. Since my current stadium (which holds 34000) cannot be expanded, I need to plan ahead and try to save enough money to make a new stadium a possibility.

My aim is to build this club around the youth products only, but I need to have a sustained period of success first before I do that. I'm thinking that in around 5 years time I might go to the 'no signings' policy, but I need to discover a few more foreign talents before I do that.

Youth Team

New stadium!!! Named after me!!!

Oh and the youth facilities are being upgraded too, but who cares

Nice seasons dafuge+snakexe!

You both have an answer for my question?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post
    Ehm anyone who had this? Consortium

What does it mean? Will i get kicked? :s
    If you are doing fairly well then they are likely to keep you. I haven't heard too many horror stories about managers being replaced since 'that incident' with Staines.

Ok, pfew.. Last season I was untouchable (dunno now), so i guess i am safe then hehe

Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Into January now and top of the Championshipp by double digits. Knocked out in the Carling Cup 4th round. Into the FA Cup 4th round against struggling Premiership Wolves managed by Gary Neville. Have managed to bring in a couple players who are Prem quality and most of the squad is Championsip quality as well as good form has helped me. Basically doing this off a transfer budget less than 400k and a wage budget of around 67k of which I'm over by a good 5k. Tried getting Danny Welbeck on loan from my parent club Man Utd as he's in the Reserves and still good enough for the Prem but he wants to fight for his place and I can't afford him as he costs around 2 mil. Definitely going in for him in the summer though when I manage promotion.
    I'd kill for a wage budget of £67K, the £19K p/w I'm currently paying is beyond our means as we are losing ~£75K a month - though I'm sure the fact that our Other and Non-Football costs have skyrocketed isn't helping, nor are the loan repayments.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltmurrayuk View Post
    I'd kill for a wage budget of £67K, the £19K p/w I'm currently paying is beyond our means as we are losing ~£75K a month - though I'm sure the fact that our Other and Non-Football costs have skyrocketed isn't helping, nor are the loan repayments.
    i'm in my 4th season in the championship and my wage budget is 150k p/w which i'm just about within. i tend to lose between 300k and 700k most months, last year the cost of tax, non football cost and other came to 5 million, and another 2 million for ground maintenance and match day costs. Loan repayments came to 18k
    Only way to claw the money back is through selling players, i seem to find several good championship potential goalies each year especially in italy, sign them up and them sell them on in jan or a year later for 1-2 million.

I've just noticed at a packed away game my fans are squashed into this tiny corner which is properbly fits more people than my entire stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by Thebaker View Post
    i'm in my 4th season in the championship and my wage budget is 150k p/w which i'm just about within. i tend to lose between 300k and 700k most months, last year the cost of tax, non football cost and other came to 5 million, and another 2 million for ground maintenance and match day costs. Loan repayments came to 18k
    Only way to claw the money back is through selling players, i seem to find several good championship potential goalies each year especially in italy, sign them up and them sell them on in jan or a year later for 1-2 million.
    Yeah that becomes a bit of a problem when you only have 15 real players at the club (two of which have already agreed to leave) and the board won't let you offer any wages to sign anyone

Part-Timer

Yeah that becomes a bit of a problem when you only have 15 real players at the club (two of which have already agreed to leave) and the board won't let you offer any wages to sign anyone
    i assume you have no transfer money to put into the wages?

So at the half-way stage Nantwich are somehow 11th in the Championship - we are only 3pts off the playoffs and 10pts from the top, but more importantly 16pts from relegation.

Yet again it's a case of if we turn up and are in the mood we'll have a good chance of winning, then in other games we just don't turn up and get hammered - we've beaten the likes of Portsmouth, Blackburn, Stoke and Norwich, we thrashed Swansea and Cardiff thanks to 7 goals from Bulgarian Striker Dimitrov whilst defeats to Gillingham, Preston and Forest are less than impressive as are being thrashed by Hull and Reading

Another interesting thing is that we seem to play better with my proper players who aren't as good as my loanee's - the only loanee's who can get into the team are the full-backs and wingers. Which now means I have to hope and pray that teams don't try and poach my players, the fact that their values have increased to over £1m should keep them away hopefully.

On the plus side the board have finally let me employ a second physio that seems to have cut down on the injuries, though he did cost me £7K so he's now my joint most expensive purchase.

Just won vs Wolves in the semi-final of the FA Cup! I am so suprised by the quality of Everton and Wolves, they are worsers then a couple of Championship teams I just cant win against haha

I got new news about the takeover...

A New Zealand businessman called Kevin Hall says he would make 36M euro available for new players if his new takeover plans for Guiseley are succesful. Hall is reportedly looking to buy out the club's owners for around 6.5M euro..

Really no idea how I must feel at the moment.

i assume you have no transfer money to put into the wages?
    I've got a £175K Transfer budget left, but I'm pretty sure all of that is from the arranged transfer for my Keeper at the end of the season, the main problem is the current wage budget of £18K isn't sustainable with our current stadium so increasing the wages I'm paying will result in our bank balance going down a lot quicker and the last thing I need is for us to go into admin.

When our new stadium is finished next season we should be fine - we'll have four times as many people coming to our matches, it's just a case of staying up this season. Our finances also weren't helped by starting the season nearly £1m in the red.

An inability to expand the stadium, improve our facilities or sell players for crazy money has made the challenge a fair bit harder this time around and more realistic and arguably funner - I like the long struggle to the top, though technically I'm doing better in FM10, in FM09 at the same stage I was still in League Two, and on FM08 I was in League One - though in both those games I had money due to a larger/expanded stadium which also allowed me to improve the facilities and start signing promising youngsters.

Though having said that it looks like the board are now letting me spend our spare wage budget after most of my players signed lower contracts now lets see if I can attract any Championship quality players to the club...

michael try looking in Belgium or Spain, I signed a couple leading championship players there for free

Just lost the FA Cup final vs Tottenham with 2-0. Ahwell, very very proud of reaching it anyway

And just got news I qualify for the UEFA Europa League, cos of reaching the final... God way too strange. A Coca-Cola Championship team in the UEFA Cup

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Smithers View Post
    How do you record matches/goals??

Third Team

Yeah I'm losing money too despite playing some cup games at decent sized stadia. Still around 2 mil in balance though so it's still good. New stadium needed of course.

Just lost the FA Cup final vs Tottenham with 2-0. Ahwell, very very proud of reaching it anyway

And just got news I qualify for the UEFA Europa League, cos of reaching the final... God way too strange. A Coca-Cola Championship team in the UEFA Cup
    You may want to ensure you have some squad depth next season, as Mboro were in the Europa League in my game in the Championship and at the start of Jan they have 7 games in hand and will have spent pretty much the entire season playing twice a week, lucky for Boro they went out in the Group stage I've no idea what they'd do if they'd gone through.

michael try looking in Belgium or Spain, I signed a couple leading championship players there for free
    I've got my scouts out across Europe, at the moment I'm just bringing more players in onloan, I did attempt to bring in some unneeded Premiership players however their wage demands are more than I am paying my entire side.

Part-Timer

Take a look at this, as this must be the most ridicouless thing i have ever seen:
    Well done man...

World Cup Winner

That's brilliant, after those two great saves

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    That's brilliant, after those two great saves
    Exactly

I didnt find it brilliant tho' ..

I've got my scouts out across Europe, at the moment I'm just bringing more players in onloan, I did attempt to bring in some unneeded Premiership players however their wage demands are more than I am paying my entire side.
    Well if the Tycoon thingy goes trough I don't worry about it. But I got a feeling he is going to reject... Thanks for the hint tho.

//

BTW I signed a keeper 17 years old but leading premiership prospect + was already good championship(!!) for a lousy 2.5k euro on a releaseclause. With a lot of clubs interested I have put the asking price to 30M euro... Hope that scares them

//

Just drawn Welshpool from Wales for the 1st Qualifying Round (...and in the 2nd round Flamurtari (Albania))
    Last edited by foost; 29-12-2009 at 20:07.

On the plus side the board have finally let me employ a second physio that seems to have cut down on the injuries, though he did cost me £7K so he's now my joint most expensive purchase.
    Yep shouldn't have said that as I have now lost my centre back Abbes, DM Whyte and Striker Dimitrov to 4-8 week injuries each

World Cup Winner

Amateur

Grrr, my striker just ended his goalscoring record, where he'd scored in 43 league games in a row. Still, 59 goals in 43 games isn't too shabby

Amateur

Hopefully no one's found this one, and i posted it in the funny screen shot thread, but here goes. He likes the chubby ones

Third Team

Just got promotion from the Championship with about 5 games to go with a game in hand so 6 games left for me to play. 6th Round FA Cup Replay against 2nd in Prem Villa though for a Semi Final matchup with Man Utd. First match was at York Street so the replay's gonna bring in extra money. Now to rotate the squad a bit before the Villa game.

michaeltmurrayuk: can u post a screenshot of your assman, pls? curious who you got and what his stats are... Mine just retired lol

My god a new stadium brings money for free. 2 home matches in the UEFA Cup played and already have got 375k and 400k... nice start of the season. Money problems are gone.

michaeltmurrayuk: can u post a screenshot of your assman, pls? curious who you got and what his stats are... Mine just retired lol
    My Current One isn't that great, he was the best I could find 5 years ago and I haven't found a better one since.

Superb!! Thanks, then I am on the right track. Who do you think I should sign?

Graham Robinson or Nigel Gibbs

Right. The club has got a new chairman! Thank god he likes me and not fired me. Next to that he inmidiately invested in training and youth facilties and pumped 23.5M euro in Guiseley coffers. Not in my transfer budget tho... But hej.

*EDIT*... asking for transfer money helps lol... got 6M now
    Last edited by foost; 29-12-2009 at 23:04.

Third Team

Just won with 103 points update soon after the playoff final.

Superb!! Thanks, then I am on the right track. Who do you think I should sign?

Graham Robinson or Nigel Gibbs
    It depends what you want your Ass. Man to do, I go for the one with the best judging ability - so the player stars are more accurate (it's more important when you cannot scout people and have to trial them) Tactical Knowledge for tactical advice in matches, then LoD, Motivating and Man Management for team talks and press conferences as well as his playing style.

If you use the Backroom Advice feature you may want him to have good bars there, whilst you may also need him to train your players.

Third Team

[B]Boston United - Season 5 - Championship - 2014/2015

Media Prediction - 24th
    Final Position - 1st
    FA Cup - 6th Round
    Carling Cup - 4th Round

League Table
    Position Graph
    Transfers
    Finances
    Manager Profile
    Manager Personal

So started off the season great and was top soon enough. Picked up some unbeaten runs and cemented myself in the top spot for the rest of the season. Had a few blips here and there with losses I shouldn't have had but easily stayed in first. Got promoted with 6 games to spare. A win in the 44th match gave me the title. Total domination of the league.

In the cups I surpassed expectations and managed to get to the 6th round of the FA Cup. Got beaten by Villa and it was an away tie so nice for the coffers. Manged that after getting a Replay from the first match at York Street. In the Carling Cup I had a nice run and got to the 4th round

Made a lot more transfers this year. Got in some nice loan signings, who contributed well. Most of the signings did well enough and I cleared some deadwood. Some should be awesome in the Prem and gonna have to let a few go on frees.

Got linked to the Stoke job. They were just relegated from the Prem though so no.

Awards
    Manager of Season

Code:
    League               Season    Finished  Notes
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blue Square North    10/11       1st    Champions
    Blue Square Premier  11/12       1st    Champions
    League Two           12/13       1st    Champions
    League One           13/14       1st    Champions, JPT Winners
    Championship         14/15       1st    Champions

Amateur

Just started and wondering what 'super kyle' type players are out there to sign ? Recommendations grateful...

Going to start this challenge, but I have one question regarding the DDT file please guys.....

I understand the path I need to take

Program files>>>>EDT

My question is, once in the EDT folder, do I need to create a folder "DDT" and place the file in there, or do I simply save the file directly into the EDT folder??

Actually, I have one more question........ should I run or save the file?? I'm guessing save and if so, do I need to unzip it??

I didn't buy FM2009 so the last Dafuge challenge I played was 2008 and it wasn't so technical!!

Amateur
    Channon...nice touch there...oh look at this, Bobby Stokes...HIT WELL...

I haven't heard too many horror stories about managers being replaced since 'that incident' with Staines.
    Could you please elaborate dafuge? I'm curious to know what happened in that incident...

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by sthptngomad76 View Post
    Could you please elaborate dafuge? I'm curious to know what happened in that incident...
    This is dafuge's recollection of it in the FM08 thread as I think the FM07 thread was deleted in the forum move.

I had a pretty good thread about it, but it was deleted in the GQ clearout.

Basically, I had taken Staines from the BSS all the way to the Premiership. I think I was in my second or third season in the top flight when I had a board takeover which resulted in the new chairman sacking me in favour of bringing in a new manager, who turned out to be a complete nobody with a much lower reputation than me. I got a bit annoyed and started ranting in GQ, which started a pretty good discussion about board takeovers and sackings.

The club were known as S*****s for a while.

I've just sold my backup right winger (well techincally he was only contracted right winger but he wasn't that great and started to moan) back to the team I bought him from for £1m after I'd signed him for £7K three years ago - which now makes him my most expensive buy and sell.

So that's my money problems solved, shame it's now Feb so it's to late for this season but I may actually be able to spend some money next season now.

Part-Timer

good to hear some of your money problems have eased Michael.
    My problem isn't finding decent players, its making them play consistantly over the season.
    My right back is so good no coach will say at what standard he is at. He has 4 stars and other players rated at 3.5 stars are good prem players. Since he is 20 i think if i was in the prem he might be rated as a wonderkid.

Right, going to write some updates. I am 3 behind lol

Season 2013/14 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola League One - PROMOTION

League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances

The wagebudget is I think everyone biggest issue in this challenge. Thankfully the board gave me enough to do some things. After a game of 12 people getting used to one an other and started winning games for us. With a lot of good players on the bench as well it was hard to find a basic starting eleven.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

We started of really bad, getting kicked out of the FA Cup, League Cup en JP Trophy almost immediately. No bonus there for the squad...

Squad
    Transfers
    Trials

Every season I am trying to sign young players who are better then the players I have got at the moment. Bringing in a million of players on trial and when lucky signing the best. This season was not different to another since the best players that were on trial getting signed by other - better - clubs in England. I hate Sheffield Utd with signing more than 4 potential players... Bolado, Sanchez, Rueda and Ajdarevic were the greatest prospects but only Bolado and Ajdarevic managed to break true.

Aim for next season: Survive. Most of the players are leading League One or decent Championship players so will be hard. Also getting rid of most players by letting them go or hopefully by selling them. And build up a new squad again. Building, building, building.

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Guiseley    Blue Square South    	5th       Promoted
    2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
    2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
    2013/14    Guiseley    Coca Cola League One    	3rd       Promoted

Season 2014/15 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 14th

League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances

We started superb. I thought I was dreaming when we won games with 4-1 and so on... But our 2nd half of the competition was terrible and saw as dropping down the league table. No shame here since it is our first season in the Championship and with almost a whole new team!

FA Cup | League Cup

Right, again we did not managed to get very far. Sigh. Next season I want a cup run, dont mind which one.

Squad
    Transfers
    Trials

Great signings were made this season and of course that also cost a couple of players a place in the team and they were sold or let go. We had our biggest transfer income ever by selling Fornasier for 200.000 euro. No transfermoney yet for me so had to sign free players again. But with names like Bettega, Le Van, Boutahar, da Costa, Jaime, etc, I signed great players who are at Championship level.

The best news is: Guiseley board announced that the club have been granted planning permission to build a new stadium!

Aim for next season: Looking up. Trying to find a great playmaker, a winger, a keeper, a defender and talent for the future.

Code:
    2011/12    Guiseley    Blue Square Premier    	1st       Promoted, BSP Champions, FA Trophy winners
    2012/13    Guiseley    Coca Cola League Two    	1st       Promoted, CCL2 Champions
    2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
    Last edited by foost; 30-12-2009 at 11:17.

Amateur

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2027/28

Predicted: 3rd
    Finished: 1st

League Table
    League Table Graph

Unlike last year we did manage to nick the Community Shield and we were off to a good start. This was quickly followed by our retention of the Super Cup against Barca when Tiaguinho grabbed all the goals.

As for the league, we had an immense start. Winning something like 10 games on the bounce from the beginning we certainly upheld our 'team to beat' status.

The Carling Cup has been nothing more than a pain in the backside for Dartford ever since they won it and this year was no exception with us going out to relegated Leeds for the 2nd year running.

Around the end of November was when I got the call I was waiting on. I took it with open arms.

A brief summary of my career with Brazil so far can be described as mediocre at best. Although this is probably due to me experimenting tactically and so I will be getting them to play like Dartford from now on. My first match was a friendly against Saudi Arabia in which I picked a squad purely on form alone for a laugh; I wasn't laughing come the final whistle.

The next two qualifiers in June (with the return of the proper stars) went okay in terms of the right results with wins against Venezuela and Bolivia but a team with the talent of Brazil we should be more comfortable in matches.

The group table to be fair shows us looking comfortable but much improved performances will be my aim for the next round of qualifiers.

Back to Dartford and around December that's when we were heading to India to confirm our status as the best football club on the planet. Both semi and final were complete doddles.

Then come January we (for the first time) had some interest in the big individual awards of the year. For Dartford we had our centre back partnership coming in 2nd and 3rd spot for the European Defender of the year, our big Russian between the posts runner up in the European Goalkeeper award and Tiaguinho and Ortega coming 2nd and 3rd in the European Striker of the year category. Four of our players also made the World Team of the year.

After returning from India we had two games in hand and Man United had only increased their lead by a point over us or something stupid like that. It became obvious that we could pull away if we kept up the form and we did just that. In fact the only bad form we had was the last few games due to me rotating like crazy for the upcoming big matches in Europe and in the FA Cup.

The FA Cup is something that isn't particularly high on my list when the season begins but I try to put out a respectable side no matter what round. So I guess we'll always be there around the latter stages with a bit of luck. We had luck with the semi against Chelsea and came up against a very poor Newcastle side in the final.

The Champions League was tougher this season. Nearly all matches after the group stage proved as hard challenges for the team. I especially found mixed feelings in our quarter final first leg against Man United and our semi-final second leg victory at the Emirates certainly wasn't done with any confidence after going 2-0 down. We returned to the Emirates for the final and basically stole the trophy with a romp in the last 10 minutes. Inter must despise us now after we put them out at the semi-final stage last year.

-----------------------------------

Transfers Made a profit and whether I go on to regret selling star midfielder Terry Pierce is something I guess I'll find out. I just had enough of him talking about moving on and I felt there is better players out there I can get if needs be (it didn't affect our performances anyway.)

Finances Everything is improving in terms of revenue so if I can start being more disciplined with my youth policy, I should get this club to grow into a huge club eventually.

Key Players This Season

Glenn Intezar Not particulary prolific or anything and in fact I pondered selling him in the January transfer window but what he did do (kind of like Tevez in his first season at United) is score goals at critical moments in big games.

Jaime Ortega Spain never wanted him. Unbelievable.

Ricardinho Another good season from this guy on the left wing. Grabbed himself a goal in the CL final.

Dmitry Tischenko It helps having a world class goalkeeper.

Curtis Mutch A beast at both ends of the pitch.

Tiaguinho Brazil's next superstar continues to impress with a great number of goals.

Youth Prospects

Steven Byrne Signed from West Brom for under £5million. Should grow to be a top, top player according to my scouts and assman. Already grabbed 3 goals for himself in the little amount of appearances made.

Phil Burt He was my first decent prospect and still looks set on being something in my future Dartford side. Dubbed the next Sol Campbell.

Scott Corner This guy to me doesn't look that great and yet he is dubbed the next Alan Shearer.

Whereas..

Conor Buchanan This lad who looks very promising for his age and is touted to be a leading Premier League star in the future is dubbed the next Les Ferdinand?

Not being funny but wasn't Les Ferdinand average at best?

Regardless, should be interesting to see what happens to both of them.

Career Overview

Code:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
    2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
    2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
    2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
    2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
    2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
    2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
    2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
    2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
    2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
    2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
    2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
    2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for UEFA Europa League
    2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, UEFA Europa League Winners, Qualified for the UEFA Champions League
    2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, UEFA Champions League Winners, UEFA Super Cup Winners
    2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CS Winners, SC Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
    Next Season

It's our last season playing at Princes Park and hopefully we can give it a good send off by winning the league four years on the trot. Like most people at this stage in the challenge, I will want to begin blending in Dartford's own youth prospects.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kaNovi View Post
    How do you record matches/goals??
    I use Fraps.

That Corner guy scores for fun in the reserve league tho

Amateur

He left on a free to Notts County in the end regardless

Haha, now just wait and see him become England's greatest striker ever

Youth Team

Some great updates there, KUTGW everyone

Season 2015/16 Review - Guiseley in the Coca Cola Championship - 9th

League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances

A terrible start hold us from promoting/playoff. As you can see in the past positions screenshot we started of real bad, but managed to sign 2 great defenders after the terrible start mostly thanks to my chairman selling my best defender Bettega for 2M euro. The finances were terrible this season, mostly because of the loan we had to pay for the building of our stadium, but thanks to a terrific run in the FA Cup I did not go into red for the first in our history.

Unfortainly then the following news item came to me: Board takeover plans? After ten news items where the New Zealand Tycoon saying he was on one line with the chairman, I also received ten items saying he wasn't. The worst part, next to the fact that I could get sacked, there was a transfer embargo. So no new players, free or contract, could not sign for me. After a long time finally the die is cast and the takeover was completed. A personal message came from Kevin Hall, the new chairman.

FA Cup | League Cup

The League Cup ain't a cup for us since we ended in the first round for the 3rd time. The FA Cup is another story, that went way to good. Winning against Tranmere Rovers, Barnet and Everton(!) with 2-0, then won lucky vs Roterham with 1-0 in the 6th rnd what brought us into the semi final! We drawn Wolves (#12 Premier League) and won (lucky). We were in the final! We should face Tottenham Hotspurs (#4 Premier League) and of course the 90.000 people in Wembley were just to much for my team. Instead of looking to the ball they were checking out the stadium. We lost.

Squad
    Transfers

Our revelation of last season, Pierre Le Van, did even better this year contributing the team with 22 assists and 14 goals. The couple of players I wanted to bring in last year I must say I succeeded in that.

Our great wingers:
    - Pierre Le Van
    - Alvarro

Our playmaker/trequista:
    - Giorgio Massaro

Our best defender (bought for 12k!):
    - Marius Verhelst

And the best deal ever, our young superb goalkeeper (bought for 2.5k):
    - Mads Flindt

Aim for next season: Playoff. Altho the transfermarket is almost closed we are going to search the market since I have 6 million to spend thanks to my new tycoonchairman.

Code:
    2014/15    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	14th
    2015/16    Guiseley    Coca Cola Championship  	9th       FA Cup runner-up, Qualified for UEFA Cup

Youth Team

Flindt looks incredible! Arguably better than my goalkeeper even now, make sure you hang on to him

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeXe View Post
    Flindt looks incredible! Arguably better than my goalkeeper even now, make sure you hang on to him
    Have got an asking price of 30 million set. Altho Club Brugge already said in a news item they are going to splash 17.5 million. Ahwell we'll see! Till now nothing happend...

Youth Team

Have got an asking price of 30 million set. Altho Club Brugge already said in a news item they are going to splash 17.5 million. Ahwell we'll see! Till now nothing happend...
    I keep getting news items like that about my players - so long as the asking price is high enough you'll never see an actual bid

Youth Team

Have decided to try the FM10 challenge after my failed FM09 efforts with Heybridge Swifts. I was starting to make progress last time out (halfway through Season 3 and was 2nd in BSP) so am aiming for more seasons this time and am setting my sights on League 1 at least.

June 2010 - Start - Chip Butty - Guiseley AFC

Introducing Chip Butty, the new manager of Guiseley AFC - the latest addition to the Blue Square North after their promotion in 2009/2010 from the Unibond Northern Premier League. Guiseley AFC play at the quaint Nethermoor ground which holds 3000 fans and is a stones throw away from Elland Road - home of Leeds United.

The Lions - as Guiseley are known - are affiliated with the League 1 giants up the road and the new manager would love it if he could take Guiseley above them in the table. After all, we all hate Leeds scum don't we?

The starting squad seems capable of achieving the boards minimum expectation of survival this season. There are already a number of players who are on youth contracts or are out of contract who have already been shown the exit door at Nethermoor. A few good signings on the flanks in addition to some quality in goal, the centre of the defence and up front could see The Lions surprise the top half of the division.

The boards' expectations are for a season of survival in the Blue Square North as well as a run to the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and the FA Trophy 1st Round Proper.

The new manager is expecting:
    - Mid table obscurity at least.
    - A cup run in one of the two competitions past the boards expectations.
    - A squad nearing being capable of a promotion push next season.

Code:
    Start: June 2010
    Season:  |  Div  |  Posn  |  Squad Link  |  Cup Information
    10 - 11  |  BSN  |  ----  |     ----     |  ----
    Up the Lions!

Youth Team

Good luck GCB!

Good luck Greasy Chip Butty! Nice to see someone else with Guiseley

Youth Team

Grrrr! Had Super Kyle Wilson finally signing a deal with Guiseley - then he failed his medical! Got to wait a few weeks before trying again!

Amateur

Yeah I'm pretty sure he starts off with a long-term injury doesn't he?

Amateur

I think I'm going to start this with Tooting and Mitcham, although I've never done a challenge before. I've got a bit of a nooby question though. How do you do the Code thingy with all your league positions and stuff?

Amateur

Go to reply to a post that has it and the code will appear in the quote, copy and paste it.

Unless you want to make your own of course.

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by LoNinjaSword View Post
    I think I'm going to start this with Tooting and Mitcham, although I've never done a challenge before. I've got a bit of a nooby question though. How do you do the Code thingy with all your league positions and stuff?
    I write it all up and line it up in notepad, then post it in between the code tags.

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCurrie View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure he starts off with a long-term injury doesn't he?
    He sure does.

Any suggestions for a goalkeeper at start of game?!!!!

Amateur

Meet the new manager of Tooting and Mitcham

Amateur

Just a question I've been wondering but what are the options when you complete the challenge? I mean aside from 'try another challenge.'

Do people resign from the current club and apply for BSN/S clubs, or do anything particularly special if they choose to stick it out.

Genuine question.

Amateur

Not going well in the first season at Nantwich. Lying 21st in the league with just 6 points, all of which are from draws (played 8 games). So, on the plus side we have only lost twice, just need to turn opportunities into something more. Very annoying not being able to get the final touch right.

Quote Originally Posted by threelions1goal View Post
    Going to start this challenge, but I have one question regarding the DDT file please guys.....

I understand the path I need to take

Program files>>>>EDT

My question is, once in the EDT folder, do I need to create a folder "DDT" and place the file in there, or do I simply save the file directly into the EDT folder??

Actually, I have one more question........ should I run or save the file?? I'm guessing save and if so, do I need to unzip it??

I didn't buy FM2009 so the last Dafuge challenge I played was 2008 and it wasn't so technical!!

Sorry to be a pain guys, but I've downloaded the .ddt file, I know I've located it in the correct place - I've downloaded it again and been asked by my PC "the file already exists, do you wish to replace it"

I click yes and it still doesn't show in my EDT folder, just the team holland one.

I search my hard drives and my PC finds it, I click to find the location of it...... it states its in the EDT folder

I've even started FM in the hope it shows on the Preferences>extra files screen, but it doesn't

Just Team Bloody Holland

I only want to start this challenge.......

World Cup Winner

Just a question I've been wondering but what are the options when you complete the challenge? I mean aside from 'try another challenge.'

Do people resign from the current club and apply for BSN/S clubs, or do anything particularly special if they choose to stick it out.

Genuine question.
    I try and continue to build the club up. to eventually become the biggest club in the world. I then focus on youth development and try to build a team around my own youth players only. I also start my international career.

World Cup Winner

Sorry to be a pain guys, but I've downloaded the .ddt file, I know I've located it in the correct place - I've downloaded it again and been asked by my PC "the file already exists, do you wish to replace it"

I click yes and it still doesn't show in my EDT folder, just the team holland one.

I search my hard drives and my PC finds it, I click to find the location of it...... it states its in the EDT folder

I've even started FM in the hope it shows on the Preferences>extra files screen, but it doesn't

Just Team Bloody Holland

With 10.2.0 it needs to go here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt

Part-Timer

Just Team Bloody Holland

is it in the right edt folder for the patch you are using

World Cup Winner

Meet the new manager of Tooting and Mitcham

Good luck, nice to see another Teooting manager

is it in the right edt folder for the patch you are using
    Official....... I AM A NUMPTY!!!

I just had a thought, I downloaded it to my "Downloads" folder and simply dragged and dropped it into the correct file on FM!!!!

I'm so happy, let my holidaying commence!!

Thanks anyway TheBaker

With 10.2.0 it needs to go here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1020\db\1020\edt
    Thanks Dafuge........ see my above post thanking TheBaker!!

(And thanks for the hours, days, weeks, months of frustration that lie ahead with your challenge!!)

Amateur

I officially suck. I lost a friendly match to Dover 6 - 1. T & M are going to have to undergo a HUGE overhaul

Part-Timer

I officially suck. I lost a friendly match to Dover 6 - 1. T & M are going to have to undergo a HUGE overhaul
    friendly matches don't mean too much, i've thrashed higher league teams in friendlies only to start the season really badly. a better indication of a squad is what the ass man and coaches think of it.

Semi Pro

Anyone had a Boreham Wood appearance yet? I cant get into this challenge without Boreham Wood! Up for an all-nighter, here!

Semi Pro

Right. After hours of re-loading for Boreham Wood (1000), up popped relatively local side Hastings Utd (750). I like a challenge!

Prepare for tales of abject failure, I fear!

Youth Team

Genuine question.
    Well I still hadn't had a new stadium when I completed the challenge, and as you may have read further up, I've just had one announced that's named after me

My other aims are similar to dafuge in building up my academy and going into international management - but mine are combined, as Merthyr are Welsh, I want to see how far myself and my academy can take the national side

Semi Pro

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Satio View Post
    Not going well in the first season at Nantwich. Lying 21st in the league with just 6 points, all of which are from draws (played 8 games). So, on the plus side we have only lost twice, just need to turn opportunities into something more. Very annoying not being able to get the final touch right.
    Now, played 29 and won 6, drew 15 and lost 8. It took us 11 games till we got a win, in which we won 3v0. We have played fairly well in many games, snatching points from the bigger teams in draws which we seemed consistantly good at getting. We lie 16th with 33points, 6 from the bottom. 13 from the play-off zone - too ambitious?

I reckon we will be here for another year, in which I want to find and secure plenty of players and get rid of plenty of other players at the club currently. Hopefully next year will be better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast