+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 73 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,300 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Amateur

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty Boy View Post
    I understand what you are saying with SI making rep totally unbelievable but i have supported the Boro all my life and we have got a good reputation from our blue square premier days but what i dont see is why the rep in fm 08 when we where in the blue square north is 1500 and in fm 10 it is larger even though we are in a lower league
    Nuneaton went bust! Therefore they reformed and became a totally new club and should have a low rep, another point is Boston Utd were a league who were chased by the taxman, but didn't reform yet they have a lower rep than boro by 500!

Spartans till I die!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Spartansteen View Post
    Nuneaton went bust! Therefore they reformed and became a totally new club and should have a low rep, another point is Boston Utd were a league who were chased by the taxman, but didn't reform yet they have a lower rep than boro by 500!

Spartans till I die!
    If Bono left U2 and made another band, he would already have a huge fanbase to work with, and his enormous reputation to go with it. Just because a team goes bust, doesn't mean that the resulting club that is created is any smaller.

Amateur

Spartans till I die!
    When a club has money problems then this shouldnt effect their rep and maybe you are right boston should have a high rep but i guess SI see this differently

Its Boro and it always will be

Amateur

http://photobucket.com/Screenshots_2009

here is my new profile as i have started again
    all the best

Amateur

Does anyone have a screenshot of Jermaine McSporran from the first season? I just want to check something

Amateur

Managed to sell a player!

Fitzharris

80k is lovely for the BSP, and makes me only 78k in the red now!

And snapped up this fellow

Physically he is horrific, but obviously in every other department he is amazing. I'm hoping to stick him in the middle, tell him not to move at all, and just let him ping through balls around everywhere.
    Last edited by SuperRedditch; 08-11-2009 at 21:38.

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2013/14

League 1 table - 1st place

League graph - After a promising start we suffered a poor run of form, mostly due to Craig Rodger's first ever injury. But we really started picking up after I decided to sacrifice cup runs for out small squad's fitness. This gave us an advantage through the middle of the season as we broke into the top 5. From their the goals of Rodger and Chrapek and key contributions from Chris Clark and Miquel helped our beleaguered side overcome the limitations of such a small squad and a late run of injuries to win League 1.

Squad info;

General squad info

Transfers

Key players;

Craig Rodger - ST - Yet another astonishing season from the King's Lynn favourite. Before the season started I had little hope that he would continue the form he had maintained through our BSN, BSP and League 2 campaigns... but he did exactly that! In 43 appearances this season he bagged 32 goals and 15 assists with a 7.38 rating. That has taken his career total of league games to 179 games, with 117 goals, 53 assists and 29 MoM awards with a 7.34 rating (all with King's Lynn) in just 4 seasons. The 23 year-old is surely becoming a Lynn legend after being such an integral part of our rise from the BSN, it will be interesting to see how he fares in the Championship.

Krzysztof Chrapek - ST - 28 year-old Chrapek had an underwhelming career in Poland before being released from his old club Lech at the beginning of the season. After taking him in on trial I decided to offer him a contract, and he has repaid my faith with interest. Forming an excellent partnership with Rodger, Krzysztof scored 35 goals with a 7.33 rating and became an integral part of the squad, even threatening to take the club's top scorer's mantle from Rodger! This strikeforce was a mainstay throughout other injuries in the squad and was undoubtedly the key reason for our success.

Ignasi Miquel
    - DC - With the signings of Branekov and Doherty, Miquel's position in the first team was under threat at the beginning of the season. But he soon managed to pick up where he left off in League 2, forming a good partnership with the Bulgarian Branekov and ending the campaign with a 7.18 rating. With the step up to the Championship it is hard to guess whether the 21 year-old Spaniard will have what it takes, but his good form will definiately see him figure in my plans.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSN                 2nd                      Playoff winners
    2011/12       BSP                 2nd                      Playoff winners
    2012/13       L2                  3rd                      Automatic promotion
    2013/14       L1                  1st

World Cup Winner

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola League 2 - 2013/14

With a strong season ending in a playoff win last year, we made our début in the Football League.

League Table
    League Positions Graph

We had a dreadful start with three straight league defeats (four in all competitions) and had to wait until our fifth game of the season to record our first three points. Things were looking grim then for some unknown reason we went on an incredible run of wins, taking us near the top of the table. Our form dipped and we started sliding but we recovered to make the playoffs, which seemed highly unlikely early on in the season.

Playoff semi leg 1 - we faced the team that pipped us to the title last year and it was a thrilling first half. We scored two great goals to take a 2-0 lead, then threw it away with a series of defensive errors. Not the ideal result but we are still in this.

Playoff semi leg 2 - it was a master-class in counter attacking football as we twice caught them on the break to take a convincing win. We face Oldham at Wembley in the final, a team we have not beaten before.

Playoff final - a horrible way to lose. We took the lead from a corner, then got pegged back. Things went from bad to worse as we had a man sent off, but we then surprisingly too the lead. Holding on to the lead with ten men was too big a job for us as they scored with just a few minuted left. They then scored the winner in extra time.

FA Cup - a great result against L1 opposition following by a hammering.

Carling Cup - a less than impressive début.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy
    - another new competition for us and a great run. Annoyingly, I was convinced the semi was two legs, so held on to the draw only for it to go to penalties.

Transfers - the squad was strengthened with a bit more quality, but none of them really set the world alight.

Squad -
    we have good players in all positions now, it is just a case of strengthening.

Key Player Profiles:

Marko Mitrovic - a player I've wanted to sign for over a year now after he was released by Chelsea, scored a decent amount this year.

Craig McShea - once again he played the attacking midfielder role superbly.

Michael Hall - there's a lot of competition for his place now but he's still the best.

Serge Bordas - a new signing who has made an immediate impact, could be one for next season.

Jake Simpson - not quite as good as I was hoping but he contributed a lot.

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season    League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
    2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
    2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
    2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
    Next Season

We now know we are good enough for this league so all we need to do is look to bring in a couple of new players and do it all over again. Losing the playoff final is possibly the worst thing to take in the game, but we have to come back bigger and better next season.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty Boy View Post
    When a club has money problems then this shouldnt effect their rep and maybe you are right boston should have a high rep but i guess SI see this differently

Its Boro and it always will be
    What's that coming over the hill? Is it the taxman?

Anyways after rushing into my Durham save and getting bored I have decided to start again as Nuneaton lol!

Manager profile will be on soon as I now have pc Internet connection again!

Amateur

i would just like to apoligise about my font on my last update, my internet browser is player up and i can only do replys in normal or massive font haha! sorry again

Amateur

also a quick question, how do you post your overview, where it says 'code:' then a brief history of your career? like the year, competition and honours? thanks

Part-Timer

That's not automated, just put one together yourself inside code tags.

Amateur

ahh right i understand now, blonde moment haha ta mate

Amateur

i've just noticed when you reach the football league, wages go through the roof, looks like i'm going to be losing some players :\

Amateur

Cambridge City 18/19

Table

Graph

Season Review: A great season, surpassed all of my goals and up we go to the EPL. I can't wait to get started bringing in players. Worried some of mine will get stolen but not much I can go about it, need a GK and few decent vets to help me stay up.

Tables of the PL since I started: 09/10 10/11 11/12 12/13 13/14 14/15 15/16 16/17 17/18 18/19

FA Cup

Carling Cup

Cup Review: Carling was same old same old, FA was better than I could have dreamed, we tied away with Tottenham away, who went on to win the PL, then forced them to extra time at home.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Dvorak - MR: Solid pick up he was good all season.

Naylor - Striker: Was a solid up, if one of my two stars leaves he can replace them I think.

Renucci - Striker: Replaced my stolen one from last season, he was very solid and I really want to keep him, but I have a feeling he will be stolen. If he does should make me a lot of cash at least.

Robuste - DC: I brought in a vet here to anchor up the defense, it really paid off and he has not regressed much yet I hope he can still play at the same level next season.

Zwatz - Striker: Lead the team in scoring he was amazing once again, I have a feeling someone will steal him.

Code:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 13th				
    2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
    2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
    2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
    2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
    2017/18       C                   7th                       
    2018/19       C                   2nd                             Promotion
    Next Season: Everything I can to stay up, bring in some good players and keep expanding my facilities, also pray for a new stadium.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHartman71 View Post
    have given this another go with Ilkeston.

Dude Ilkeston's not eligible! They're already in the BSN at the start of the game. I should know, I was disappointed I wouldn't be able to use them this time round =)

Amateur

dafuge's FM10 Challenge Summary Preview

And so I've done a preview of how the summary will look like.

Note that I did not use all the information that's in the database; I'll do so when I finalise the macros I'm using. Excel VBA and macros can be a huge pain. For now, just know that I can download the database, upload the summary, and post an update here all within five minutes with minimal manual processing by me =)

I'll add more functionality / stats if and when I have time, and where appropriate. If you like what I've done, the best way to support this is by updating your season thus far at this website. Bookmark it now! Add any suggestions/feedback/problems here or PM me.
    Last edited by thenamesfang; 09-11-2009 at 01:57.

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2014/2015 Season Review- Coca-Cola League 2

Season review: All was well after a couple of games, I managed to get a few early wins under my belt but my form quickly went south and we ended up languishing around the foot of the table for most of the season. Final position; 22nd, at least we weren't relegated.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Transfers
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:
    Season      League                   Position    Achievements
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
    2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
    2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
    2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
    2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None

Amateur

FC United Of Manchester- Season 2010/2011- Season 1

Media Prediction: 21st

League Table
    Graph
    This year the media predicted me to finish 21st and get relegated so my aim was to avoid relegation. In the end I done so much better then that by winning the league comfortably in the end. Even know I only won by 4 points I was first nearly all season. In round ten I went top and I stayed top for the next 32 games.

Transfers

This year I made four transfers I think My best signing was Ben Marshall who was a player from Stoke City who I got for 10k. He scored a decent amount of goals for me this year and set up a fair amount as well. But overall all my signing played a part in getting me promoted to Blue Square Premier.

End of Season Squad

Fixtures/Results Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Aim For Next Season:
    1)Get past the first couple rounds of the cups
    2)Finish in a high mid table position
    3)Sign some more players and staff

Code:
    Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11        Blue Square North         1st            Promoted, BSN Champions

Part-timer

Hendons first season in the premier league resulted with us coming a very respectable 12th place, we never really challenged for top half and were closer to the relegation zone then we were to 10th but all in all I am very pleased with how things went. I did however realise very few of my squad were of sufficient ability to compete for European places so have yet again made plenty of changes with a bumper £32m budget this season (unfortunately there isn't many bosmans this season worth going for so will be harder to upgrade).

Will start the new season with only 5 of my first 11 from last year keeping there places, in come a new DR, DC, MC, ML, FC & FC to complete my 442 formation that I used last season, hopefully we can try and push towards the top 10 this season but the strength of the squads in the EPL is actually very very strong with nearly all the top 10 from last season having one or more world class player in there team.

@ thenamesfang:

Awesome dude!

I think i am ready for the Coca Cola League... winning 1-0 vs Crystal Palace (L1), and now winning in the next round vs Macclesfield (L2) 3-0!

Hoping for a PL team next round for some good money

Right... FA Cup 4th Rnd: Guiseley vs Liverpool...

:/

I hope they will field a reserve team so i can get a draw

Amateur

Just finished my first season as King's Lynn in the Blue Square North.

Finished a reasonable 14th. Was in with an outside shout of the play-off until December when a bad run through December and January all but killed a realistic hope at a promotion run. Also had an appauling run in the cups, actually no run at all, lost both my opening cup ties. League Table

Kings Lynn turned out to be the defensive specialists of the division, despite finishing 14th they had the second best defense in the league conceeding only 38 goals in the 42 games, however with a goal difference of +4 it is clear to see where the problem lay. Something I hope to solve in the off season.

I have assembled a very young side, average age of first team around 24. A youth policy i hope to continue throughout this game. As Alan Hansen said 'You don't win anything with kids'

Finance is proving a bit of a problem, finishing the season around -£70K and Norwich cut their ties with me in the first off season (existing arrangement) which meant no home friendly against them pre-season, so down a decent gate recepit.

I used a 4-4-2 formation with two attacking wingers, 1 holding midfielder/ ball winning and one box to box. I'm going to have a clearout in the summer with some of the more established names leaving. Transfers

The media have predicted me a 17th place finish but i'm confident of a top half finish, although i'm having real problems signing players as my approaches keep getting leaked, resulted in my being gazumped by other clubs either from the BSP or more established BSN/S divisions. I've also swtiched to a more tradition 4-4-2 formation for this season in an attempt to try and improve the supply to my front men and provide more goals. I think it's going to be a tough slog for me to get up the leagues but hopefully if we can scrape a playoff finish this year it will raise the profile of the club and i can start getting more players in. Also thinking about a rejig of my coaching set up, might sacrifice my 1st team coach for a fitness coach, as i'm constantly being told my players aren't the fittest in the league.

Aims for season two are:
    1) Top half finish, hopefully close to a playoff spot
    2) more goals
    3) A decent cup run, to get the cash in

Anyway any tip you guys can give would be very welcome. this is my first experience of managing in the lower leagues. And like i said will post the screenshots tonight.
    Last edited by looking busy; 09-11-2009 at 18:52.

Part-Timer

Going through a torrid time with Kendal, just cant seem to buy a win at the moment.

Was 5th in the BSP, now falling to 14th

Amateur

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town

Blue Square North 10/11 (Season 1)

Nuneaton Town hire Latimer

Manager Profile 1http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...erProfile1.jpg
    Manager Profile 2 http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...erProfile2.jpg

Media Prediction is 5th, but my personal aim is 1st!

Promotion Oddshttp://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...ionOddsBSN.jpg

The Current Best X1http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...rentBestX1.jpg

Parent Clubhttp://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...ParentClub.jpg
    *** Parent Club only going to be used for Annual Fee, not Loanees ***

Feeder Clubhttp://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...FeederClub.jpg

*** Used to send out players to keep fitness levels up incase they need to break into the first team ***

Finances http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...t=Finances.jpg

*** Money made from high profile Friendly's ***

Start of season transfers http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...=Transfers.jpg

*** End of season transfers will be posted once 1st season is complete ***

New Best X1 http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...=NowBestX1.jpg

*** A nice significant improvement, fingers crossed for a title winning side ***

Wish Me Luck!
    Oh and by the way if anyone knows how to shirnk my links just to a few words please let me know!

Good Luck to all who participate this year!

PS: add me to the managers list

Amateur

Is anyone else having this?
    I've got around 210 season ticket holders and a couple of times i've had the message "King's Lynn braced for low turnout" and it says less than 800 tickets have been sold for the next home game.
    I would have thought having sold 600 tickets over and above the number of ST holders is pretty impressive for a BSN side

Part-Timer

ARGHHHH 2 games, i dominate and lose! What can i do?

Soo frustrated at the moment!

Was going oh so well and now everything is going against us! Dodgy Decisions, injuries, bad luck!

Part-Timer

I thought that playing games vs big Prem teams to make money was not allowed in a rule you used to have Dafuge.

Well to clear my debt time to face Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham my Parent Club and Champions League semi finalist.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 09-11-2009 at 12:19.

Part-Timer

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Gutted.

Part-Timer

So chuffed just got my first win in ages. Moving me back up to 14th. 4 points from the relegation zone and 9 points away from the playoff spot!

Only 16 games in so a LONG way to go!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post

Tommy smith from ipswich is an AWESOME player!

Which i could sign him in the BSP!

Amateur

Spartensteen - How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Amateur

I can't seem to arrange high profile friendlies, always reject me. Can you share some tips on how to do it please Spartansteen or anyone else. Thanks

You must have had a load of friendlies!!!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by looking busy View Post

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.
    Thanks i will do it in my end of season report!

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    I thought that playing games vs big Prem teams to make money was not allowed in a rule you used to have Dafuge.

Well to clear my debt time to face Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham my Parent Club and Champions League semi finalist.
    Well there is nothing to suggest you can't on the first page of the thread by Dafuge!

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

I think it was an issue on a previous version of FM that you could make a fortune from simply arranging your reserves to have friendlies with big clubs throughout the season. That was probably not allowed. But I think that has been fixed now.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    I think it was an issue on a previous version of FM that you could make a fortune from simply arranging your reserves to have friendlies with big clubs throughout the season. That was probably not allowed. But I think that has been fixed now.
    I keep getting rejected when i try and arrange friendly against big name clubs, even from the local(ish) area

Gutted, lost 1-3 against Liverpool (FA Cup 4th rnd). Bloody Kuyt played and that cost me

Bloody hell... My 1st goalkeeper got injured (Hansen), and Fairley is in the goal now... losing my 2nd game in a row... grr

Amateur

First season in charge of Tonbridge. We finished 1 place outside the play-offs. A little dissapointing since it looked at one stage that a play-off place was well within our grasp, but a dip in form towards the end of the season sealed our fate.
    Next season our aim is to strengthen our squad, bring in some more experience and aim for a play-off spot. Also, our cup-runs this season were non-existent, so we'll be looking to go on a bit of a cup-run next season.

Season League League Finish Achievements
    2010/11 Blue Square South 6th

Youth Team

Season 1 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Blue Square South - 1st (Table)
    FA Trophy - 2rd Round (lost v Kettering)
    FA Cup - 1st Round (lost v Shrewsbury)

Transfers

Pretty excellent season all round, certainly my best ever since I started playing dafuge's Challenge on FM07. The players at the club when I joined were already at an incredible level for the league - Curtis Stevens is rated as a good Championship-level striker by my coaches!

None of the players I signed really played regularly, as I couldn't find any decent guys to sign, they were all backups. The loanee (Scott Evans) scored 14 goals from midfield, which was quite impressive for a backup. I can't see myself making sweeping changes to the side, certainly judging from the way we swept aside the competition in the BSS we should certainly compete at the next level. Plus, the lowly reputation of the club is pretty prohibitive to bringing in any players who are of a comparable level to what is already there, and what is coming through the youth system.

Code:
    Season    League              Position  Achievements                  
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11   Blue Square South   1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted

Amateur

Does the teams reputation increase or decrease if you get promoted or relegated?

Part-Timer

From the sublime to the ridiculous!

Win 5-0 away only to play at home and concede 3 in 5 minutes after going in front, evenetually losing 4-1!

Yet again, dominate a game to lose! FFS!
    Last edited by glennuk; 09-11-2009 at 15:22.

Amateur

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town - BSN

Final League table http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...eagueTable.jpg

Player Stats http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...layerStats.jpg

Manager of the Year http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...heseason-1.jpg

Player of the Year http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...ftheseason.jpg

Final Transfers http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...lTransfers.jpg

A very good season for Nuneaton, we established ourselves amongst the BSN giants Chester, who underperformed, with Nuneaton's huge starting reputation high calibre players were quite easily attracted to join us in our bid for promotion! FA Cup was highly disappointing only making it to a 3rd qualifying round Replay and got beat on Pens 6-5, however the FA trophy was significantly better reaching round 5 i think ( the round before semi's) only to get beat by newport county 1-0! A special mention to " Super Kyle Wilson" as he bagged a massive 30 goals! This was my first season with Kyle in all FM games, and only have one word to describe him that is WOW!

Things to do for 11/12 season:
    * Possibly find a new Ass man
    * Scout france sufficiently
    * Remove dead wood
    * Reach 1st round of Fa cup

Code:

Start of BSP update will come very soon, including new signings and new best X1!

Part-Timer

Season 2019/20 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola Championship

League Table
    Past Positions

Talk about fierce contention for the last promotion spot; no less than four teams on equal points! With just one game left of the season we were 4th, but facing 2nd-placed Nottm Forest at home. Thanks to our better goal difference a win would be enough to pass them, but that still left Leeds to worry about as a win for them away to relegation-battlers Portsmouth would bring them up to safe ground. Huddersfield were also a worry as a win away to Brighton would push them up on equal points with us, and with a GD of +30 compared to our +31 and an easier opponent they could potentially punish us.

Things would fortunately go our way. A 2-0 win against Nottm Forest was slim, but enough for 3p and enough to stay on top of Huddersfield who only managed to put one past a lacklustre Brighton. That left Leeds who held a well-earned 1-0 lead to Portsmouth for most of the game, but their inability to put the game beyond doubt would punish them as an arguably offside Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni slotted the ball past the Leeds keeper in the 86th minute. Leeds couldn't find an answer, and our promotion was secured! Watching these results unfold as we ourselves couldn't find the 2-0 goal until the 88th minute was a bit nerve-wracking...

FA Cup | League Cup

A good run in the League Cup, knocking out two Premiership teams before parent-team Chelsea had other plans.

Squad

The truth is I almost blew it this season with terrible squad management. Several of my players started longing for bigger clubs and finding new ones proved hard as anyone worthwhile would command a transfers fee above my budget. Not able to resist the bids coming in for my unsettled players I was left with a small squad and most critically a way too poor keeper in Traoré. A panic loan of Gonçalves improved things marginally, but his performances would cost us many goals over the course of the season. Determined to add to the problems, the chairman decided to accept a bid for Tommy Smith, our best CB, at the very last day of the January transfer window. I was already making do with 3 CB's, so this left me with no backup and no time for signings. Retraining one of the fullbacks provided a decent-ish option; fortunately he would not have to feature as Wilson and Mambo, while both now in need of a long rest, managed to stay injury-free.

If it weren't for Pinto once again finding his terrific form we'd have finished mid-table for sure. The team really needs to improve a lot if we're to survive in the PL.

Transfers

Some big transfers out and the ~£1.3M in prize money from last year really saved our finances, but also left the team in a bit of trouble, as detailed above. In the end we got promoted, spent nothing on new players, kept the wage bill down with the small squad, and actually made several million in transfer fees, so while I'm moaning things are actually looking pretty good for the club.

Aim for next season: Staying up, obviously. Would love to keep the spending to a minimum to save up PL money for a new stadium, but we'll see how realistic that is considering how much the squad needs to improve.

Code:
    Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
    2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
    2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
    2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
    2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
    2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
    2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
    2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
    2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -
    2019/20    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  2nd       Promotion

Part-Timer

Does the teams reputation increase or decrease if you get promoted or relegated?
    Yeah, it does.

Third Team

Nice one Scab. Good luck in the Premier league

10 seasons already

Amateur

10 season. Kin students...

Amateur

Guys , how come i got 4 coaches and an asst mgr with Merthyr ? Did i do something wrong ?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtdFan View Post
    Guys , how come i got 4 coaches and an asst mgr with Merthyr ? Did i do something wrong ?
    Probably left the add key staff box ticked

Amateur

Probably left the add key staff box ticked
    :mad: , does that mean i have to start again or would releasing the coaches help ?

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2014-2015 League Two

A good first season in league two, finishing 9th. We needed a bit of time before Christmas to get a grip on the new level, but we ended the season in style. Lots of goals were scored, and lots of goals were conceded

League table

Transfers

Squad

My best player was as usual my young left winger Scott, unfortunately he was injured for a good portion of the season. Scott profile - Scott history

Top scorer was once again Duffy

Cups sucked bigtime, crashed out in the first round of all of them

Goals for my next season:
    Tidy up the defense
    Challenge for play-off
    Keep hold of Scott unless £5 mill drop my way

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post

It was never officially put into the rules, but has always been considered against the spirit of the challenge. If people really want to do this then there's nothing to stop them.

Amateur

Guys , if you start a new game , then do the settings stay the as they were , when you loaded your previous version ? Because i have 4 coaches and an asst mgr and i have the "add key staff" unticked .

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    It was never officially put into the rules, but has always been considered against the spirit of the challenge. If people really want to do this then there's nothing to stop them.
    Why is this against the spirit of the challenge? They dont accept until you're at a certain level of reputation - it is a reward for success, surely. I cant get friendlies against the big clubs when in the BSS/BSP....

Part-Timer

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtdFan View Post
    Guys , if you start a new game , then do the settings stay the as they were , when you loaded your previous version ? Because i have 4 coaches and an asst mgr and i have the "add key staff" unticked .
    Merthyr have staff in my game as well, it just means they have staff assigned by the researchers, which others don't.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by dafuge View Post
    Merthyr have staff in my game as well, it just means they have staff assigned by the researchers, which others don't.
    So i can continue ? Also dafuge check out the PM i sent you .

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Why is this against the spirit of the challenge? They dont accept until you're at a certain level of reputation - it is a reward for success, surely. I cant get friendlies against the big clubs when in the BSS/BSP....
    There used to be a bug where certain teams would accept anyway, meaning you could make a fortune. If you really think you should be allowed to clear your debt in one pre season then this probably isn't the challenge for you.

Semi Pro

Right - I'm starting again because Chippenham are....dull dull dull dull! (plus I bought about 30 players and my wage bill has spiralled!)

I'm going to be Boston United now. My initial profile. This will be my team for this year, no more changes
    Last edited by GreyedOutMan; 09-11-2009 at 17:37.

Part-Timer

Nice, they improve.

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2015/2016 Season Review- Coca-Cola League 2

Season review: Talk about a complete contrast from last season. Instead of sitting around the foot of the table all year we sat around the top pf the table all year, I thought we had a shot at the title at one point, and then it looked like I would have to settle for the playoffs, but decisions went our way in the final couple of games and we ended up in the final automatic promotion position of 3rd.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Transfers
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

What a game! only my 2nd in the bsp after a 1-1 draw with kettering

also ive managed to get Chelsea as my parent club after my board refused me one twice last season

Amateur

Guys i have made a stupid mistake . I made a typo while typing my name , can i use the save game editor to change it ?

Amateur

I'm loving these parachute payments.

Semi Pro

Parachute payments should only be paid if you get relegated, GK...

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    what league do you start getting them?

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    That was a nice surprise, pretty much saved my finances with that unexpected £90k.

Semi Pro

Well, Boston's squad seems to be much better equipped for level 6 football than Chippenham's. Some decent players. Couple of well-thought-out purchases, and we might just make a decent shot at promotion this year.

Amateur

Spartansteen - Jordan Latimer - Nuneaton Town - BSP
    Season 11/12 (season 2)
    Media Prediction 16th

My old X1 from BSN http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...=NowBestX1.jpg

My New best X1 BSP http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...=BSPBestX1.jpg

Transfers http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/v...Ptransfers.jpg

This could be tough to finish 16th, but fingers crossed and here goes!

Code:

World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by hrbfcrule View Post
    what league do you start getting them?
    League 2

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by GreyedOutMan View Post
    Parachute payments should only be paid if you get relegated, GK...
    That's strange, I got promoted and this is what I received this year:

Semi Pro

Ah ok I thought you meant your own ones - that makes more sense.

Part-timer

Hendons second season in the EPL saw us push up 2 places to finish 10th this season but still way off being title challengers, I am also thinking of going back to my 4132 as using the 442 in the EPL just doesn't seem to dominate games for me. Perhaps going back to my favourite tactic I used to get promotion through the leagues & sign better players will work, depends if I can buy the players needed but will see this summer.

Semi Pro

Has the facegen technology been improved for FM10? Had a look through some of my regens and they seem a little more ... realistic? Or is that just me?

Part-Timer

Amateur

Injury bug is really biting me hard.

Amateur

Fa cup 4th qaul home to histon, just edged it 2-1!
    Fa cup 1st round away to torquay in league 2 drew 1-1 won replay 1-0
    Fa cup 2nd round was bizarely on TV home to Rugby won 3-1
    Fa cup 3rd round home to top of league 1 Southampton, got beat 4-2 and didn't even sell all my tickets!!!

In RL my game versus saints would of been on TV and a sell out! There is absolute no chance of a non league team vs a non league team be shown live on TV! SI you non league developer needs some more knowledge on this!

Amateur
    Chris Higgins (Tottenham & England Legend) 2148 Goals / 1162 Apperances, Age: 33

Kings Lynn - Blue Square Premier - 2013/2014

Promotion and FA Trophy Winners

Predicted: 17th
    Finished: 1st

Having had 2 previous seasons of disapointment, i spent the pre-season looking to really strengthen the squad, in both the previous seasons we had put ourselves in good positions to challange for a play off position and fallen away badly in the run in.

Thankfully, i was able to add some much needed experience and a touch of class to a squad i felt was lacking in both those areas.

A solid Keeper was a must and Peter Enckelmen was just what i was looking, solid and reliable.

The strike force was superb throughout the season, i started with Izale McLeod (14 Goals in 28 Games) and Nick Blackman (27 Goals in 46 Games) as my prefered pair and they did not let me down, making a flying start to the season, when McLeod was injured mid season and out for 5 months i was concerned we did not have the back up but Andreas Weimann came in and paid me back with 23 goals in 29 starts.

But for all the good work of the strike force, 2 players really stood out,

Stephan Sama was a rock at the heart of the defence, nothing got past him and he was sensational even had the Cameroon Coach in the stands a few times watching him

Dany N'Guessan was a livewire on the wings, Chipped in a with a few vital goals and plenty of assists.

This strong spine ensured that we managed to end the season top of the division and say Hello to the football league, a fantastic achieviment, the season was up and down and there was still some inconsusitency, but this time we managed to hold it together right till the end and secure the title on the last day.

This all happened alongside a fantastic run to the FA Trophy final which we managed to win after extra time.

A fantastic season, but the hard work starts now, alot of the squad are not good enough for the next level and changes will be needed, but i am confident we have the spine of a team that can survive and push on.

Other notable landmarks from the season were Nick Blackman becoming the all time leading scorer with 46 goals and Valentin Milenov breaking the apperance record with 157

As For myself i picked up the manager of the year award, and Kings Lynn were recognised as the overachivers

League Table
    FA Trophy
    Transfers
    Squad

Code:

Season  League                    Position        Achievements-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    2010/11 Blue Square North           2nd           Promotion, Play Off Winners
    2011/12 Blue Square Premier         13th          -
    2012/13 Blue Square Premier         13th          -
    2013/14 Blue Square Premier         1st           Promotion, FA Trophy Winners

This is by far my best season ever with this challenge; in my first season of BSP atm at 1st place and in the final for the Trophy

Amateur

I only have one striker who can put the ball in the back of the net on a consistent basis and he's constantly injured. Very frustrating.

Amateur

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square South - 2010/11

Just finished my first season, coming in at a slightly disappointing 14th. But looking at the Position's Graph it couldve been a lot worse, thankfully I had a decent run in which kept me safe. Heres how it finished: Final Table

Blue Square South - 14th
    FA Cup - Lost in 3rd Round (v Dag & Red)
    FA Trophy - Lost in 2nd Round (v Barrow)

And my Transfers if youre interested..

Next season I'd like to see myself challenging for promotion, and hopefully improve the finances. Despite having a decent run in the FA Cup and staying well under budget throughout the season I still managed to make a loss. Not quite in the red yet though.

Have got 2 weeks off work now so hopefully can storm through a few seasons.

Code:
    2010/11       BSS                 14th

Third Team

Tonbridge Angels End of Season Review 2011/2012

Well what a cracking season it was tbh. Over performed in every competition we were in and generally played some good stuff and even in pre-season looked a force.
    First the FA Cup having reached the 4th Qualifying Round and facing BSP Side Dagenham I thought we had done OK but would not progressed any further however when it came down to it we got a brilliant 3-0 victory. And into the first round we went where we got a decent draw but still potentially tricky against Dartford. Away from home I wasn't sure if we were capable of getting the victory but a Keatings goal after just 1 minute proved to be the winner. The 2nd round through up the trickiest tie yet at home to league 2 side Hereford. When they took the lead on 20 minutes I thought the cup run was over however 2 goals from Sean Fitzharris before half time saw us grab a 2-1 victory. The third round landed us with a home tie against Championship side Peterborough I had already written us off before the game having seen they had taken 13 out of the last 15 points available. They quickly took a 2-0 lead but an Andy Todd penalty just before half time made it an interesting second half but in the end we couldn't break them down again and the great cup run came to an end with a spirited performance.
    Onto the league and having started the season with a draw it didn't take us long to rise to the top 2 places and having got back on top of the league after the 16th game of the season we didn't look back and flew to the title.
    League Table - http://img697.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2009205705.jpg
    Positions Graph - http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2009205735.jpg
    Transfers - http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?i...2009210148.jpg

Part-Timer

bit of a daft question but how do you get that little table graph of your league positions

in the league table click on ur position (1, 2, 3, 4, etc..)

Amateur

This guy is as injury prone as they come.
    and the problem is, he's one of my better players.

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

jack.browne - Nuneaton Town - 2010/11 - 1st season

Table | Position Graph

As shown in the graph, not a bad season, but it could have been better. Didn't have the best first half of the season as shown, but we grew in confidence and became a strong team with just a poor last few games denying us a play-off place.

Key Players

Chris Giles - Had a solid season at the back, pitching in with a couple of important goals and generally looking good.

Malcolm Christie - He had an excellent season once he got over his injury in pre-season. Will try to keep him but he is attracting interest from other clubs.

Transfers

Nothing exceptional in this part, with nobody really setting the world alight and obviously, no money transfers!

Finances

Not a brilliant season in this respect, losing over £100,000. Will hope to rectify this over the next few seasons.

Aims for Next Season

1) Promotion
    2) Stabilise the Finances
    3) Have a good run in the Cups.

Third Team

Just a quick question for Dafuge or anyone who knows. When loaning a player from abroad do I still need to have trialled him?

Amateur

G. Keenan's FC United- 2016/2017 Season Review- Coca-Cola League 1

Season review: We survived. Not sure what else to say. We didn't score enough goals and we conceded too many. Will be looking to improve at moat positions in the offseason.

League Table
    Graph

Squad
    Transfers
    Finances

Career Overview
    Code:

2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
    2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None

Amateur

Drewski. Boston United. 2013/2014

Our first season in the BSP after promotion, and I thought that we were capable of finishing at least mid-table, suffice to say, my prediction was correct, but, it should have been much, much more than that, we started the season with so much promise, but as the season wore on, we just fell apart.

Squad - squad was okay, I thought we could have done with a few more experienced defenders but I had to work with what I had at my disposal, Farrell was the main man in defence, with an average of over 7.00 which I thought was exceptional from my number one CB.
    O'Leary - a summer recruit, the Irishman was the key man in midfield, everything ran through him, he was a my Steven Gerrard, even chipped in with a few goals and assists, if I am to do better next season, then he will be vital to the team.
    Pat - not a bad signing, top scored for us this season, hopefully more of the same next season.

Transfers - Lots of carp out, some half decent players in.

Finances - still in the black, hopefully a cup run will change all that.

Aims for next season:

Improve on this season.
    Make some money.
    Buy better players.

Part-Timer

Heh, after 15 games Man Utd, tipped 3rd and league runner-ups last season, is 14th and just sacked their manager. Kingstonian is 13th.

Amateur

On a side note, \o/ at Liverpool, resorting to cheating to get a draw at home to Birmingham.

Third Team
    Lead Writer for http://footydiary.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by butts View Post
    Just a quick question for Dafuge or anyone who knows. When loaning a player from abroad do I still need to have trialled him?
    If you can't get a scout report yes. If you can get a scout report you don't have to.

Amateur

Crikey. My first game of the 2nd season was a bit of a belter. CLICKY!

I havent been disappointed by the first impressions of new signing Sam Williams though. In a single game he's nearly scored as many as my strikers managed all last season.

Third Team
    Jamie Mackie/Alejandro Faurlin enthusiast.

Bloody hell!

Well I'm off and running with FC United. Its been a bit of a struggle so far. Just about to play my tenth game of the season but we've finally hit a little form and climbed out of the relegation zone. Had two massive back to back wins in the league. We beat Gainsborough 2-0 at home who are struggling a bit and then beat Stafford (bottom of the table) with our best performance of the season to date. Link

Amateur

how on earth do some of yuo win the bsn/bss first season with a newly promoted team?!
    i can never do it!

First Team Squad Member

What is the furthest anyone has got so far?

I'm close to the prem but not quite there yet...............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 73 ... LastLast