+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 8433

Thread: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Part-Timer
    Dafuge's Challenge - King's Lynn - Dorey, Neil and Bowen, living legends!

Default Re: dafuge's FM10 challenge

Two straight losses have all but scuppered my chances of winning the League 2 title, and more importantly I could slip out of the automatic promotion spots if i'm not careful. With 2 games remaining i'm 3rd, 5 points off 1st and just 1 point ahead of 4th. I'm guaranteed at least a playoff place, but it would be very disappointed after spending a fair part of the season in 1st place. And I hate playoffs anyway!

Well, Yeovil and Wycombe next, here we go...

Beat Yeovil 2-0. A goal a piece from my old faithful strike partnership Keatings and Craig Rodger sealed the win. And that means with one game to go, we are 3 points clear of Bury and they would have to make up 7 goals. So we are all but promoted to League 1! Gillingham have sealed the championship, but we could still take second place.
    Last edited by Gypsum; 06-11-2009 at 00:26.

Mmm I love the smell of June. Since all my players are on holiday and I need to search new player who can bring the club to a higher level I was searching League One teams for released players (from last year), who still didnt have a team. Well I can tell you guys, it is B I G business. Not only player from there are willing to join, players from Championshipsides and even Premier League sides are willing to join. Scouting like 60 people atm lol... And already signed great players for next year (BSP!)

New signings:
    Andrew Tutte (ex-Man City)
    Daniel Ayala (ex-Liverpool)
    Troy Archibald-Henville (ex-Tottenham)
    Zoltan Harsanyi (ex-Bolton)

still searching for a new goalkeeper tho

We're going to Wembley

To face Aldershot in the FA Trophy Final, the bad news is the Striker who I have on-loan from Crewe tore his calf muscle in the last minute of the semi-final and will be out for 5 months, meaning he'll miss the final his 4 goals in 5 games got us to

Amateur

Nearly 5.5 hours reloading from a 24th June save trying to get Truro, surely gott get them soon????

Part-Timer

Figured it was inevitable

I don't think the chairman much liked the idea of losing him for nothing, so decided to step in here instead in good time. Good money, but leaves me without a natural left-back.

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

After not getting a single red card from 30 odd games i have now got 3 in 3 games luckily i have managed to scrape wins in those 3 games though

Anyone here English, or who can help me with the following sentence:

Your assistant manager Phil Thompson believes that Shroot is of sufficient ability to make signing him a no-brainer.

//

And another question: what is better in your opinion?

A decent League One player or a Leading Star League Two player?
    Last edited by foost; 06-11-2009 at 00:45.

Part-Timer

An underwhelming 1-1 draw with Wycombe secures promotion to League 1 after finishing in 3rd. Still a great season though! I even got linked with the Derby job, but as they're getting relegated from the Championship it wouldn't be much of a move!

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by foost View Post

Your assistant manager Phil Thompson believes that Shroot is of sufficient ability to make signing him a no-brainer.

?!?
    It means you should sign him. It's saying (in an awkward way!) that Shroot is so good that signing him is an easy choice.

Amateur

//

It means you should definitely sign him. It doesn't take any brains to make the decision.

Amateur
    Norway, the country that brought you Claus Lundekvam.

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2012-2013 BSP

A good first season in BSP, ending just outside the play-off.

Due to a tight wage budget and horrible finances, not many transfers were made

My star was my young winger Scott, who is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of my more or less useless players. Getting hard to keep hold of him

Disappointments for the season was Shaw and Tavernier both being out for 7 months with a broken foot each

Goals for the new season:
    Find a new left back who hasn't got personal problems every two months
    Find any centre back but this guy, I hate him and his mistakeridden ways ;)

Part-Timer

Semi Pro
    Best FMCU Fountain of Youth Career 2011, Minecraft username: aparke1

//

it means you should sign Shroot at any cost

i would say a decent lge 1 player is better than a leading star lge 2 player

Amateur

Tonbridge Angels – 2012-2013 BSP

Well Another mediocre season for Tonny. Started off mid table, then started to pick up abit in mid season going unbeaten for 12 or so games, before tailing off at the end of the season and ending up 17th.

Key player: Kyle Wilson Again. 27 in 43, not a bad return.

Key Transfers: Matt Lund and Matt Caldwell where definitely the best singings this season.

Finances looking up.

Next Season

Clear out the wasters, keep the stars. Bring in fresh talent and push for top spot! I can’t stand play offs haha

Thanks for your reply's guys...

Still not sure about signing him tho

There won't be much difference between a decent League One and Leading League Two player - I'd go for the player who has the better attributes for the role you want him for.

Semi Pro

Sutton United - BSS 2010-11

I think that promotion with 3 or 4 games to go, losing only 4 games and only conceeding 18 goals counts as a success.
    We also got to the first round proper of the FA Cup where we lost to Hartlepool and the 4th round of the FA Trophy to Stevenage.

The squad was very good through most of the season, especially the defence.
    Aaron Labonte was the most consistent player and should have been player of the season, but the blind supporters gave it to the left back who'll probably be replaced next season.
    Preston Edwards Was great through most of the season with 16 clean sheets in the 25 games he managed to be fit for. He did have a few niggling injuries that made him miss some big games in the cups.
    Andy Pugh and Matt Bowman were the regular strike force, although both had drops in form that cause me a few problems.

The finances are pretty dire, £200k in the red at the end of the season and I was at least £1.5k below the wage budget. I really need a great cup run to bring some money in.

I've already start pre-season for the BSP and I'ge already signed 2 players so far.
    Ex-Ipswich and Exeter striker Richard Logan and Swansea's Marcos Painter on free transfer. Hopefully I can get a couple more top class players like those.

Third Team

Had to cut down massively on the squad, first team now only 20 players, got a few cheap players in to cover positions, still kept the first eleven. Got rid of deadwood with massive wages.

Will post review tomorrow as I have all the screenshots, but not the motivation.

Making a decent amount of money from friendly revenues.

Part-Timer

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Scab View Post
    Consider it wished, L1 is easy, I think I will be promoted to the championship after one season.

First Team Squad Member

I was on a shocking run, hadn't won for the first 11 games of the season. I'm now unbeaten in 10 and won 5 on the bounce at one stage, I'm 3 points clear of the relegation zone but feel this form could get me a middle table finish.

Part-Timer

Wigan v Kingstonian

Oh well, playoffs here we come!

Amateur

flipping hell, wigan, talk about a fallen giant haha

Part-Timer

Playoff Semi Leg 1

Quote Originally Posted by chris_bemand View Post
    flipping hell, wigan, talk about a fallen giant haha
    Yeah, not exactly their former selves these days..

Third Team

Barnsley relegated to League 2 in mine atm, and Darlington struggling in the BSN with a 25k stadium

Part-Timer

First Team Squad Member

Truro v Liverpool FA Cup Third Round 2014. By far my biggest game of FM10...........

First Team Squad Member

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Hexhamlad View Post
    you would have beaten them in real life

First Team Squad Member

I would like to think so.....

In other news my form is very hit and miss, at home I usually win with ease against everyone other than the top few sides but away from home I cannot buy a win. Add that to a shocking start to the season and I'm sitting just above the relegation zone. Looking upwards and if we can string a few wins together then 14th is achievable short term.

Part-Timer

Season 20156/17 Review - Kingstonian in the Coca-Cola League 1

League Table
    Past Positions

Such a crazy season... Switched from my flat 4-4-2 to a defensive 4-5-1 in hopes of shoring up the defence, a move that seems to have worked given that we have the best defensive record in the league. Unfortunately this left Dempsey alone up front and our attacks rather ineffective whenever he couldn't get going; we scored the 2nd least in the league. Come February the chairman decided it was about time to let my left wingback go, and with no window for signings I was forced to replace him with a much more defensive DLC. Ironically this resulted in some serious unintentional parking of the bus, propelling us all the way up the table to 3rd! That's however right about where our fortunes turned as a loss to Wigan in the final game meant we stood no chance of reaching direct qualification and MK Dons punished us from the penalty spot in the playoffs.

FA Cup | League Cup | Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Very proud of this year's league cup run; we knocked out several Championship sides before Liverpool predictably had no intention of following suit.

Squad

Ignoring the lack of a proper left back for a second, all I could really wish for is a stronger AMC type player and another striker and we'd be set. The obvious stand-out among the current crew is still Dempsey, grinding out an astonishing 47 goals from his lone striker role. Most of the set-up for them still happens via the wings with the wide midfielders' 41 assists between them.

Transfers

Bought a little bit of everything to strengthen properly; two new goalkeepers to replace the retired Szamotulski, 3 new defenders that walked right into the starting 11, a stronger striker to backup Dempsey, a hard-working defensive midfielder for the new 4-5-1, a young danish Man Utd reject, and eventually—after Dempsey's transfer out was confirmed—who I hope to replace him with.

Aim for next season: Challenge for promotion. Whether Pinto can deliver or not will probably be the deciding factor in whether this will actually work out.

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    4th       -
    2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South    1st       Champions, Promotion
    2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       FA Trophy winners
    2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier  3rd       Promotion through playoffs
    2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   8th       -
    2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2   2nd       Promotion
    2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1   5th       -

First Team Squad Member

Managed to sell a young centre back to Watford for 150k, he was unhappy as he wasn't getting enough football. Seemingly Watford see something in him that I don't. Anyway it should help financially.

Amateur

I have just set a Paint Trophy record for 12 games unbeaten, going to the final again this season hope to repeat.

And heres the table part way through February, I play Southampton away in a couple weeks really need a result there so I can hang onto the number two spot I don't care to risk the playoffs again.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 06-11-2009 at 04:01. Reason: Link was not working

First Team Squad Member

Managed to finish 9th after being 4th bottom at Christmas, went top of the form table on the final day of the season. Hoping for the play offs next season.

Amateur

Photobucket's not working so I'll have to do a wordy summary for now. Full details to follow.

Disappointing second half to my first season at the helm of Wealdstone. A disastrous run of form saw me slip to 18th, despite that seeming an impossibility at the half way stage. A new tactical approach did however pay dividends right at the end, with 36 year old Justin Jackson going from seven starts without a sniff to four goals in as many games.

My scouts and best coach have been the true superstars of the season, yielding quality (albeit certainly not quantity). I'm confident of a playoff challenge next season, assuming I'm not forced into a fire sale. Takeover talks have persisted for the whole season, but still nothing, and as my wage budget is more than £0, I'm losing money.

Amateur

just got the game. signing up.
    http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/826/startm.png

Amateur

Wow scab... i swear you just finished a season yesterday?!

nice going though - keep it up!

im really interested to see how we will all deal with the premiership though and the idea of 'breaking through the big teams'.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by -aao- View Post
    Wow scab... i swear you just finished a season yesterday?!

nice going though - keep it up!

im really interested to see how we will all deal with the premiership though and the idea of 'breaking through the big teams'.
    Key is staying up that first season.

Amateur

does anyone know where i can find the proper badge and upload it into my current game for sutton united?

Amateur

does anyone know where i can find the proper badge and upload it into my current game for sutton united?
    I don't think we can give links sorry. Its out there though just need to look.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Cerneo View Post
    Key is staying up that first season.
    yeah no doubt - home form is vital.

Part-timer

Hendon Season 2015/2016 League One Review

Will write a short review right now as I'm not really well at the minute but want to do it before I carry on this morning before the doctor and can't do a couple of screenshots. This season we strengthened in only a couple of places but the players we got were deemed championship ability and my main striker Diamantopoulos who was on loan from Liverpool was deemed to have the potential to be a leading Premier league star in the future, he managed to get 19 goals this season and was superb right up until the end where he missed 2 games after being seen leaving nightclubs in the early morning, frustrating and definately made me think twice about taking him on loan next season if the option arises.

We managed to be between 6th and 13th the entire season dipping and rising week after week which was quite nerve wrecking as I really wanted to try for promotion this season due to my finances being quite poor and 2000 seater stadium clealy not able to sustain the wages a league one side pays, I feared another 2 seasons in this division without great luck in the cup draws would leave me in massive debt.

It went right until the last day with 3 clubs with Bournemouth sitting in 6th place on 72 points, Hendon in 7th place on 72 points and Shrewsbury in 8th on 73 points. The massive bonus for me was Shrewsbury vs Bournemouth was there last game of the season and I had a very easy game against bottom of the league Brentford as my last game. We totally dominated our game and won 4-1 due to my "alchoholic" striker scoring 2 goals in the first 20 minutes to get us off to a flying start and wrapped it up with 2 late goals from corners. I didn't check the latest scores until after the game, just my thing as I feel it gives me a bad luck so was pleased to see Shrewsbury drew 1-1 with Bournemouth to send us into 6th place and a game against Grimsbuy Town.

The first leg was a very open affair and dispite creating 14 chances on goal we only managed to win the game 1-0 with a goal from my much improved French midfielder Moulet who has scored some very important goals this season after learning to "shoot with power", really made a difference to his game and he went from scoring rarely to getting 9 goals this season from central midfield. The second leg was alot closer but we were still creating the best chances and got off to a good start with a goal from my French striker Leray after he latched onto a bad back pass. Grimsby got back into the game with a goal just before half time but couldn't threaten us much more after that and we held onto a 1-1 draw to send us into the final 2-1 on agg.

The final was against Swansea who's squad on paper looked very much stronger then mine but they had a few injuries to some key players which gave me confidence we could turn them over if we played well enough. Swansea however got off to a great start with there pacey winger Nathan Dyer scoring a goal in the 11th minute, it was a bit of a sucker punch as it was there first attack and we'd hit the post minutes before. Time to pick ourselves up and the team didn't stop fighting, we were rewarded in the 36th minute with another goal from Moulet to take his tally to 9 this season, remarkable for a player who has struggled for goals before this season.

The second half was very tight with chances for both sides but it was my Captian, Lenormand who popped up with his 13th goal this season (more of my free kick specialist but gets a few from long shots due to playing as a DMC) in the 87th minute and we were able to see the last few minutes out without much drama to win the final 2-1 and send us into the Championship.

Whilst being very proud of the players I really am worried for next season, whilst my squad shows great potential they really don't improve a great deal stat wise and my coaches all suggest they are still league one ability apart from the odd one or two so I think upgrades to the squad will be needed if I can get some, however I imagine my wage structure won't cater for some real good deals which is a shame as quite a few players are available on free transfers but I can't offer more than £2.8k which gives me no chance of picking these experienced guys up.

League Table

Player Stats

The big bonus was recieved when I skipped onto the next season to be greeted to news that a new stadium will be built ready for 2017, with 13097 capacity it dwarfs my current 2000 capacity stadium so will help in financing a higher wage bill for the following season, just hope we can stay in the championship and not go into too much debt due to the £7.5m loan we've taken on to help build the stadium.

I get a feeling signings will yet again be youngsters with more potential then ability right now but if I can add a experienced players to mix with them I'll be pleased, not time to sell & buy ready for next season!

Amateur

Cambridge City 16/17

Table

Graph

Season Review: I set out to do two things, finish the season in the green and win promotion to the Championship, I did one of the two and had the other until the damn squad bonuses.

I got off to a some what rocky start due to both CBs going down, thats who I am blaming anyway, we then started rolling and never looked back, after taking first late in the season we just stayed steady and it was all to easy.

I made some good signings and have some solid mid fielders and a star striker, Keeper is still up in the air, hes preforming very well sometimes but then crashes and burns at others. Thinking about trying to find an old one getting released. Also got offered the New Castle job at the end of the season, rejected of course.

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Cup Review: I won the Paint Trophy for the second year in a row, and had a epic game with PL side Birmingham drawing 4-4 at home, safe to say our best result ever with a PL team. Score line looks close with Stoke but they were two very lucky goals.

Also broke a Paint Trophy record by going 12 unbeaten, I think I won once after that to make it 13 unbeaten. I hope to never improve it though, don't plan to take part in it again.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Players:

Holden - Mid: My current favorite player back in 2009, plays for my local team the Houston Dynamo in the MLS. He had been sitting idle for years at Burnley, I had offered loans and transfers every season, they just randomly accepted one of my worse offers out of the blue and just like that I had him. But he has a home now and a starting spot unless someone takes it away (Even then...he might play)

Leitch-Smith - Stiker: He was paired with a new striker this season and the pair proved very strong, however my scouts on give him 2.5 stars now, not sure what thats going to be at the championship level so not sure if he can stay.

Pedersen - GK: Like I said uptop, he has no idea what form is, he can play like a star then like a dud in a half let alone a string of games...But I feel like I owe him one more season since he got us this far.

Potter - Mid: As you can see he turned traitor and would not resign with us, but thats ok he was not getting any younger and we have Holden to be the veteran on the field now.

Sama - DC: Got hurt a couple times but was once again very solid in the back, I just need to find him a perfect partner and thats proving hard.

Zwatz - Stiker: This guy is like a lightning bolt, he is amazing when he gets the ball in space and he is not to bad in crowd also. By far the best random scout this player from the backroom I have had.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSN                 1st                           Promotion
    2011/12       BSP                 13th				
    2012/13       BSP                 1st                     Promotion/FA T Winner
    2013/14       L2                  13th                      4th Round FA Cup
    2014/15       L2                  4th            Simifinal Playoffs/ 4th Round FA Cup
    2015/16       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
    2016/17       L2                  1st                  Promotion/Paint Trophy Winners
    Next Season: Do not go down, financial security, good young players, do not go down.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 07-11-2009 at 07:22.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs1979 View Post
    win the final 2-1 and send us into the Championship.
    Very nice Spurs, could be bad luck with that stadium loan, I have not advanced yet to see what happens to me financially, finished $400k in the red.

Good luck staying up, I will be trying to.

Oh joy, they are expanding it by 1900+ seats for a fun 3.6mil, helloooooooooooooooo debt.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 06-11-2009 at 08:16. Reason: Board makes me sad

Amateur

How the hell did you do that? Great signing!
    My assistent recommended him, so i took him on trial and offered him a contract

Part-timer

Just got Franco Di Santo on a free transfer, currently the best player in my squad in terms of ability, have a few youngsters I have high hopes for though but it really depends how far they can progress with my training facilities, thankfully we are upgrading again so will get more out of youngsters this season and next season.

Amateur

Just got Franco Di Santo on a free transfer, currently the best player in my squad in terms of ability, have a few youngsters I have high hopes for though but it really depends how far they can progress with my training facilities, thankfully we are upgrading again so will get more out of youngsters this season and next season.
    Yeah I got that and new youth right away when the tv money came in, don't want to miss a chance at it.

My squad has 3 to 3.5 stars all around, my assistant has a 18 in judging, so I think I can stay up, but who knows. I am better than the teams that came up with me and I did beat championship sides in cups so it might go better than expected. But I doubt it.

Part-timer

Got teams sniffing around my players now as well and can't get some to sign new contracts due to having a seriously low wage budget, worry my centre back Tuia will need to be sold if he doesn't sign a new contract soon

Amateur

I made a ton of friendlies to earn some money, played just about everyone in the PL ha, $60k a game good money.

Part-timer

My sponsorship deal was also £5k until this year where it is now £78k for my kit until 2019 and also a Stadium sponsor of £180k for 10 years

Amateur

My sponsorship deal was also £5k until this year where it is now £78k for my kit until 2019 and also a Stadium sponsor of £180k for 10 years
    Mine is not up until 2020 I think...8k a year, man are they getting a deal.

Part-timer

Oh trying to sign an old Tim Cahill for a season, some experience and goals from midfield should help my young squad out

roberto922

screenshot of his attributes?

Play him as a treuartista attack, he's fantastic there.

Amateur

Wow check this guy out, just signed him on a free...he looks very impressive.

We have $2.44Mil in the bank, Training, Youth and Stadium all have upgrades coming, we have two loans and I should have around 300k coming in for that huge transfer last season. So its early but unless I crash and burn in the cups I can atleast pay wages ha.
    Last edited by Cerneo; 06-11-2009 at 09:11.

Part-timer

Tim Cahill on a one year contract of £2k PW I think isn't bad even though his physical stats have decreased a fair bit, he will play in my 4132 so will get plenty of help from my energetic youngsters surrounding him

Amateur

Tim Cahill on a one year contract of £2k PW I think isn't bad even though his physical stats have decreased a fair bit, he will play in my 4132 so will get plenty of help from my energetic youngsters surrounding him
    Hes not aged to badly at all, I hate when players stamina drops to 1, annoys me like nothing else.

roberto922

Very good, should rip up the Championship

Part-timer

Cahill scores on his debut, nice

Amateur

Ok well time for sleep for me, already 3am, good luck rest of the way Spurs its race to the Pl for us it looks like.

Part-timer

Be happy to just stay in the Championship for a few seasons to be honest, let me get my finances under control with the new stadium and see how my youngsters progress with improved training facilities, but FM is a funny game so who knows how we'll do!

Amateur

just started another tooting game and all the players are different from before. does this make any difference or does this happen for everyone?

Amateur

Some of you guys are scampering through.
    Anyway, quick up date on Looking Busy's start at King's Lynn.
    Completed preseason with the very unimpressive record of P5 W1 D1 L3
    First game of the season away to Hyde, and got, I thought, a very creditable 0-0 draw. Next game was a home game against Hinckley, chance for a first win i thought. Couldn't have been more wrong, Terrible performance, somehow got away with a 2-1 defeat. The one being scored in injury time.
    Things weren't looking at that point. Next match was an away at Northwich, bookies predicting a hammering. Somehow in the space of a week my team was transformed. Storming to a 2-0, and but for their keeper would have been more, followed this up with a 1-0 win at home to AFC Telford, and all of a sudden i'm feeling a little more confident about the season.
    Transfers have been difficult, 2 potential signing were leaked and missed out on both. Has anyone else had this problem with their transfers?
    Record so far is:
    P4 W2 D1 L1 F:4 A:3 Pts: 7 Position: 3rd

Part-Timer

Part-Timer

Grr so frustrating. Keep playing very very well but losing!

Amateur

Finally going to crack on with this today!!

Last edited by Rutter; 06-11-2009 at 11:55.

Part-Timer

Gypsum's King's Lynn - End of season update - 2012/13

League 2 table - 3rd place (Automatically promoted)

League graph

Squad info;

General squad info

Transfers

Key players;

Craig Rodger - ST - Another exceptional season from the former Rangers youth product. His 31 goals this season has taken his total for the club to 89 league goals in 3 seasons with a career average rating of 7.34. And amazingly he has yet to suffer a single injury! Being consistently brilliant from the BSN to League 2, only time will tell if he can maintain his form in League 1.

Ignasi Miquel - DC - Ignasi was released from Arsenal at the beginning of the season and we snapped up the big centre-back on a free. He was undoubtedly our best signing, acting as a tower of strength at the back and a threat from set pieces. His ability to pull of Carragher-esqe last ditch challenges saved us a number of times this season and hopefully the step up will see him continue to improve.

Shaun MacDonald - MRLC - Versatile midfielder MacDonald was a Swansea fringe player for many years before being released and signing for us at King's Lynn. He was a creative force down the right wing until injury ended his season early. But his contribution was an integral part of our promotion.

Code:
    Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010/11       BSN                 2nd                      Playoff winners
    2011/12       BSP                 2nd                      Playoff winners
    2012/13       L2                  3rd                      Automatic promotion

Jeez, great run so far Gypsum!

First Team Squad Member

Just beat Bolton in the League Cup 3-2 at home, the big clubs don't seem to like travelling to Treyew Road, Liverpool are the only side to beat me at home in recent times.

Amateur

Gypsum - How are you doing money wise at King's. I've only been playing a month or so and am already in the red despite spending nothing on transfers and being below my wage limit by about £500p/w

Season 2010/11 Review - Guiseley in the Blue Square North - PROMOTION

Profile 1, 2
    League Table
    Past Positions
    Finances

Strange season, that's it. We started off great, but it seems we had a beautiful weather squad since we sucked atm it began to freeze outside. Thankfully the spring brought us some good football again and we managed to end up in the playoffs. Started of with a 4-5-1 tactic, what I later on changed because of lack of goals into 4-4-2 (diamond). It went better, but still not the way I liked. At the end I played 4-3-3 which gave me great and a lot of goals. Biggest problem this year was the defence. They went in at front, but 5 minutes later also at the back. So that needs to be changed next season.

Playoff's were great. We drawed Stafford Rangers, who were the very close runner-up this season, and started at home winning 3-0. The replay we played with a chinese wall and ended up in 1-1.

Final! The final was against Blyth, where we this season lost and drawn against. With the bookies telling we were the favourites we went into the final and fought like lyons. At the end of 90 minutes it was 1-1. After 120 minutes 2-2. Penalties. Since I am dutch I wasnt so sure about it, but it ended up 5-4 and that gives us PROMOTION!

FA Cup | FA Trophy

Our first year in cup-runs and it went alright. We totally sucked in the Trophy, what needs to be better next year. But I am happy with our run in the FA Cup.

Squad

This year squad was a bunch of players getting in and trying to make it work. Crawford and Osman did great on the midfield and that is great with the thing in mind they are 17 and 19 years old. The defence sucked. Gordon Dick did his best, but oldtimer McIntosh made some stupid mistakes, same for Gallacher and Ruychev, who did great both but created a lot of red cards and penalties... Wilson, Hudson, Armstrong and Burbeary did great at front and scored enough. Fairley was ok, dont know if he will be in the goal next season, but he is definitely staying with us. Oldtimers McIntosh, Holland and Pethick played there last games. Sorry lads... ;)

Transfers
    Trials

Ashley Burbeary was already on its way to Guiseley without me wanting him. Looking back I was glad he joined Guiseley. Best players I signed this season must be Gordon Dick, Kyle Wilson, Ian Armstrong and the best: Osman Balkaya (begin season, end season). Osman is the only player who definitely got a place in the starting 11 next season.

Aim for next season: Challenge for promotion. I already signed 5 new players for next season whom, if my scouts are right, are decent/good League One players. But I am also happy finishing halftable.

Code:
    Season     Team           League               Finished  Achievements
    2010/11    Guiseley    	    Blue Square South    5th       Promotion

Scab, hope you dont mind taking your style layout. Thanks.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kazpeer View Post
    Just signed Morten Skoubo on free
    Hm isn't he over the top at this point? Could I request a screenshot of him?

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by looking busy View Post
    Gypsum - How are you doing money wise at King's. I've only been playing a month or so and am already in the red despite spending nothing on transfers and being below my wage limit by about £500p/w
    I'm not struggling as much as some, but i'm still generally in the red. We usually get into the black when we start a season but generally hover around -£50k. But who needs a transfer budget anyway!

Amateur

Amateur

Holidaying now after finishing my obligatory West Ham save. My FM09 dafuge's challenge career was probably the most enjoyable game I've ever played on FM/CM so expectations are obviously high for this year.

I'm thinking of going with FC United again but I'm not set on it. I'm assuming they don't have the sponsorship bug again this year?

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsum View Post
    I'm not struggling as much as some, but i'm still generally in the red. We usually get into the black when we start a season but generally hover around -£50k. But who needs a transfer budget anyway!
    Nice one. I reckon as long as i can stay the right side of about -£100K i should be alright. I was actually suprised with the King's Team that i got, considering their reputation was one of the lower to get promoted IIRC, they've got a couple of real handy players

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Keenan View Post
    Holidaying now after finishing my obligatory West Ham save. My FM09 dafuge's challenge career was probably the most enjoyable game I've ever played on FM/CM so expectations are obviously high for this year.

I'm thinking of going with FC United again but I'm not set on it. I'm assuming they don't have the sponsorship bug again this year?
    FC are a bugger to get. I have an FC save if you want it. You'll need to give me step by step instructions of what to do so you can access it mind

Amateur

My first ever attempt at a challenge!
    I've followed the instructions in the opening post, and I'm now the proud manager of recently promoted Tonbridge Angels! Can't wait to get the season underway...

Manager Profile:
    http://tinypic.com/r/14l6k8x/4
    Last edited by kasharic; 06-11-2009 at 18:24.

Part-Timer

won the bss playoff final and to prepare for the new season i have signed a 29y/o David Prutton, amazingly he hasn't played for a year and his attributes seem lower than i would expect but scouts still rate him at L1 level so i'm hoping for good things.

Edit: first friendly of the new season Prutts rates just 4.4
    Last edited by Thebaker; 06-11-2009 at 15:53.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kasharic View Post
    My first ever attempt at a challenge!
    I've followed the instructions in the opening post, and I'm now the proud manager of recently promoted Tonbridge Angels! Can't wait to get the season underway...
    You need to post a screenshot of the manager profile. Oh and good luck

Amateur

Bumping my question about getting proper badges for sutton united.

anyone know how?

Amateur

Bumping my question about getting proper badges for sutton united.

anyone know how?
    can you not do it through google images, save the image to your pc and then up load them that way? Probably not but can't think of another way

Just signed my new star player: Anton Peterlin! He is gonna be the bomb in the BSP!

Part-Timer

-aao- You can create one yourself, the instuctions are in the graphics section. I'll have a look around and PM you the link if I find any made.
    Last edited by Welsh Wizard; 06-11-2009 at 15:40.

Amateur

can you not do it through google images, save the image to your pc and then up load them that way? Probably not but can't think of another way
    ill try this out but not very good with editing stuff hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    -aao- You can create one yourself, the instuctions are in the graphics section. I'll have a look around and PM you the link if I find any made.
    ok thank you. ill take a look too.

Amateur

Farnborough BSP 2012/2013

I went a bit crazy with new signings this summer almost changing the whole team. Many of them I just signed for the sake of signing and this had a bad effect on squad harmoney and general happiness. Played first 5-6 games of season and was terrible. So I have decided to can this save for the time being. I will try again probably when the Jan/Feb patch comes out but until then im just going to have fun with Arsenal and continue Wenger's youth policy.
    I'll still read everyones updates on here. Im truely amazed at how fast some people are climbing the Leagues.
    Congrats to all who have gone up recently

Amateur

So I've holidayed and now I'm noticing that the newly promoted teams are made up entirely of regens. Is this wrong?

Amateur

Anyone else had players getting slightly concerned, and it saying 'feels you aren't giving the team enough credit'
    Is this in the press conferences (which i never attend) or in the full time team talk?

Amateur

just finished my first season... decided to let like 80% of my squad go who i wanted to offload anyway and planning on rebuilding for the BSP.

Amateur

Anyone else had players getting slightly concerned, and it saying 'feels you aren't giving the team enough credit'
    Is this in the press conferences (which i never attend) or in the full time team talk?
    i had this in my man united game... i think it's to do with team talks as when i started using the more superlative answer, the concerns went away.

Amateur

i had this in my man united game... i think it's to do with team talks as when i started using the more superlative answer, the concerns went away.
    I got it after we'd just been horribly beaten, and i told them it wasn't good enough. After we'd got a cracking 2-0 away win in a game we were predicted to lose i told them it was fantastic and a couple still had it.

Might just have a team full of sensitive souls. I'll beat that out of them

Part-timer

One of my French defenders decided to play for Guadeloupe instead of France, must be the best player they've ever had!

Amateur

Season Summary

Marine Season 2010/11 Blue Square North

Final league position: 1st
    Cups: Not far at all...

After a good pre-season, with quite a few new players joining the club, the team kicked off with a good start. We went out of the cups at a really early stage, but on the positive side that ment that we could concentrate on the league. The tactical side of things seemed sorted out after the pre-season, and we only needed to adjust a few things as the season went along. We ended up as champions with a few games in hand, and the most pleasing thing was that the team only conceded 25 goals in 42 league games, averaging 0,6 goals per game conceded.

Some of the new players really did their job like our top goalscorer Sean Fitzharris, who bagged 31 goals in the league and made 10 assists, creating nearly half of our total goals alone.

Squad (sorted by goals)
    Transfers p.1
    Transfers p.2

(some of the transfers were completed after the last game of the season, and should really be considered as transfers for the new season in BSP.)

Goals

Goals from corners: 7
    Goals from DFK's: 2
    Goals from IFK's: 6
    Penalties: 9

So a total of 24 goals scored from set pieces (if you count penalties as SP...). Not bad, but I'm not satisfied with our corner setup and will try to revise it during the pre-season. Hopefully we'll be able to sign a better corner/free-kick taker as well.

Finances

Red numbers
    all over, even though we're were way below the wage budget throughout the season. The average attendence just above 500 people must take some of the blame. Hopefully more people will show up next season, or we will have to make some tough decisions. The plan is to trim the squad anyway, and try to sign some utility squad players that can cover several positions and save us some money on wages.

Hopes for the new season

You never know what's going to happen after securing a promotion, but I consider myself a bit seasoned now, having participated in this challenge many times before (but never completed it sadly...), so I know that a back to back promotion is possible. I'll tell the board that the goal is to stay clear of relegation to ease the pressure on me and the team, but in my head we're gunning for a playoff place.

Looking forward to the next season now, need to get back to the game..

First Team Squad Member

I had a Marine save a couple of years backs so good luck.

Amateur

Aiming for a mid-table finish as Cambridge City.

Part-Timer

Just seen the most unbalanced centre back ever. his stats are weird for a 20 y/o no physical attributes at all but great technical ones, my scouts rate him at only BSP level.

Part-timer

Looks like someone tried to retrain him as a striker but he reverted back to a centre back

Part-Timer

Looks like someone tried to retrain him as a striker but he reverted back to a centre back
    If they did it doesn't show as centre back is his only position, also most AI trained players have good physical attributes usually

Third Team

I'd retrain him to a striker, could be prolific for you with some of them stats.

Part-Timer

Just had nearly 6000 turn up for a preseason friendly against birmingham reserves , twice my best attendance from last season.
    this is a massive improvement on fm09 when maybe only 300 would turn up for a reserve side, even a premiership one.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by DanGLiverpool View Post
    I'd retrain him to a striker, could be prolific for you with some of them stats.
    my scouts say he won't improve beyond BSP and his physical attributes are just too woeful to bother. Besides i have 3 good young strikers anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 68 ... LastLast