+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,700 of 4487

Thread: FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

Part-Timer

Default Re: FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

I just made myself another backup copy of my save game

Amateur

wow you could do a lot of damage with 103 million!!!

Third Team

£103m - awesome!! Definitely one for a rainy day Ohanzee

Barca away game coming up...

Amateur

We're staying UP !!!

Report to follow tomorrow... phew !

Third Team

Welcome to the Camp Nou, Barcelona!

I've decided to go for it, using my traditional narrow 4-3-2-1 formation. This could be messy...

There are 58,935 in attendance, not bad! Our bank balance before the tie is £408k.

We're missing Alberto Merola and Michael Muhr but overall have a strong side out. They have a similar team out again.

24mins: Fran makes a great save, tipping a Guarante free kick onto the post.

29mins: Andy Clarke's rasping drive fizzes past the post. Keeper got a touch.

HT

54mins: We break down their possession round our box and the ball falls to Andy Clarke who chips a delightful ball over the top for Onyema to chase. In on goal....GOAL for Castillo!! Beautifully slotted in the bottom corner! 1-0

82mins: Carletti picks the ball up and smashes a 30 yarder off the bar!! So unlucky. Gone all out defence now.

85mins: They're flooding forward but we catch them out again. Carletti sends his effort just over again.

87mins: Zlatan with a great chance but Fran saves at his feet. Immediately from his goal kick Bangoura is through 1 on 1 but Fran stands firm again!!

90mins: Zlatan puts a point blank header wide!!

93mins: The final whistle goes!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 CASTILLO!! 1-0 CASTILLO!!!

Amateur

haha well done Iacovone, thats a helluva big scalp to take, another potential money spinner to follow as well...

Third Team

The result in all its glory:

here and here

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Third Team

And we just made £1.1m from their gate receipts

That'll buy us a new youth academy thank you very much

Wonder who we're gonna get in the next round

EDIT: Awesome we've been drawn to play Atletico Madrid!! Hope they're ready for a beatin'
    Last edited by iacovone; 17-11-2009 at 00:10.

Part-Timer

Wow iacovone! That's amazing. Not only did you win, they created zero clear cut chances I wanna buy your tactic!

Big congrats! On the money to! And crossing fingers for Real Madrid in the next round

(edit) Ah, At. Madrid, that's just as good. This is gonna do wonders for your finances!

Third Team

I got the other Madrid, should see me get another decent injection of cash though! I hadn't even noticed the zero clear cut chances. Now I'm proud

Semi Pro

Big congrats on the great cup results.

Third Team

Thanks

We followed it up with a 3-0 loss away at Talavera though. Looks like its going to be a mid-table season. The new boys aren't performing (other than Andy Clarke) and the big performers from last year have been rubbish.

Part-Timer

Magnificent win iacovone £1M off the gate receipts Go go, pull another miracle Castillo!

Third Team

OMG an away victory over Barca thats HUGE! Biggest result of the thread so far haha.

Third Team

Des Tiny's Turkish Kebab
    Ummm Adventure maybe...

The New Challenge

Yes I was very annoyed at the penalty loss, so instead of continuing at Elgin I decided to have a Turkish go, reset date is 20th June, and I have a save on 17th if anyone requires it. I have signed up as the manager of Afyonkarahisarspor...yes you read that correctly, probably pronounced it wrong though. From here on forwards the club shall known affectionately as The Afy's! Boring I know, but what else can I do. We don't own our stadium, we pay 9k a year in rent for a 10000 (7000 seat) stadium, we are expected to finish 17th of 18 teams and to Avoid Relegation (Board offered attempt) I can have 9k transfer & 13.75k wages, current wages are 1,660 p/w haha. So about 12k to play with there, and we currently have 34 players on the books, quite happy, though I can have 0 foreign players so have to be looking for Turks to start with.

Des Tiny's Profile & Personal
    The Club's Info, Facilities & History
    The Squad's Senior & Youth

Amateur
    Hässleholm, Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe...

I`ll try to do a Castillo away against Porto now on Estádio do Dragão. We play our normal tactics offensive tactics and I´m pleased to say my team is at full strength which means Ishak Belfodil (15g/15m 7.62 avR) will play.

10 min - Nooo. Romeu off inj. Dany to replace. (5g /2(8)

19 min - Belfodil free but a good tackle clears.

20 min - Kiraly scores on a header. 1-0 Porto.

Ht - They have the chances 6-2, we have the possession 42-58. If we can get a goal in I think we actually stand a chance against Porto away.

50 min - Ferreira makes an easy save on a Soares breakthrough.

70 min - Porto has nothing but a mistake by Alejandro Marañón allows a crossing that scores on. 2-0 Porto. It´s clearly not the day for a cup upset in Portugal.

84 min - Helder Barbosa scores. 3-0.

FT - 3-0 Porto. Ah well. We played well against Porto and had the possesion but could not convert it into chances.

At least we got £200K in Gate Receipts.

Amateur
    Hässleholm, Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe...

We´ll get another chance to beat Porto. This time it´s the Portuguese League Cup and at Estádio Pina Manique. No Gate Receipts but perhaps a better chance of winning. The 3rd round is a 4 team group including Maritimo and Vit. Guimarães.

Third Team

Good Luck Uffe, hopefully you can make a slightly better showing at home. I am 3-0 up in my Shadow Squad match, though in Turkey I have no reserves, just U20s & U18s so its basically the Juniors vs the Seniors haha. Starting to look for some better players as well.

Semi Pro

Aww, I missed all the action last night.
    Wow, iacovone, what a tie and a great result against Barca at home and then to win away is amazing.
    Good luck in Turkey LLR.

edit: I'm gutted, just noticed the team who beat me on penalties in the cup are now playing Real Madrid, if only.
    Last edited by berty1978; 17-11-2009 at 07:18.

Semi Pro

Lorca Deportiva Club de Futbol - Season 2010/11 summary - Spanish Second Division B4

Spanish Cup - Not entered
    Media Prediction - 9th
    Final Position - 6th
    Final Table
    Results1
    Results2
    Squad stats
    Best XI

Summary:

The three friendlies I played went well scoring 12 goals and not conceding so that put me in a confident mood going into the league campaign.

A 1-1 draw at one of the title favourites Écija in the first game followed by a 1-0 home win was a good start. However the next 4 games without a win and the pressure was growing, I know now I shouldn't have predicted a title win for the board to get a higher wage budget. This message started coming up before every single match for the rest of the season whether I won or not. It was quite satisfying I happened to win that game then this happened. Things just weren't going to plan and we were as inconsistant as Simon Cowell's comments about John and Edward. Then towards the end of the season, thanks in no small part to Dervite (see screenie later) we found form. Somehow the table going into the final game looked like this. We were playing Ejido at home and Jerez Ind. were home to champions Jaen, simple, win and we're in the play offs, draw and Jerez don't win and we're there, lose and Ejido make the play offs. Well, not good, before the players even had a chance to start playing Ochoa was sent off in the first minute and we were 2-0 down at half time, we pulled one back only for them to go 3-1 ahead before we scored in the 81st minute. Despite going overload we couldn't find an equaliser, and we would have made the play offs due to our record against Marbella.

At the end of the season Ancelotti got the England job which is a good choice, but Guess who got offered the U20 job, I was honoured.

Key players:

Dorian Dervite - This was a major coup, I have my scout to thank for finding him, picked him on a free (ex Tottenham) around October but had to wait until January to play him. Was by far the player of the second half of the season if not the whole season.

Ivan Djurdjevic - Played on the wing and was excellent all season which is highlighted by his 14 assists, he can also hit a free kick with some venom and swerve.

Rodri - At the start of the season he was wanted by a few clubs and despite his high wage we kept hold of him and I'm glad of it. Played most of the season as a defensive midfielder and was excellent.

Lloyd Sam - Picked up on a free after being released by Charlton to solve my right sided problem. He actually played most of the second half of the season as a striker as I only had one registered, but did well in that position.

Adam Szalai - Another freebie who was playing for Real Madrid previously, mainly for their B team though. Was our top scorer but I will be looking for another striker or two in the summer.

Best player not to play a game:

Romualdo - On £4.1k a week and he couldn't play a single game, couldn't even get rid of him. In the boardroom meetings the board kept suggesting we take him off the list, weirdos. The funniest thing about this is he went to Granada on a bosman and then they go and get relegated and are now in our league, so he is spending another season out in the cold, they're only paying him £2.9k a week though.

Code:
    Season   | Division             | Finished | Spanish Cup | Achievements
    2010/11  | Second Division B4   | 6th      | N/A         | Close to the play-offs

Semi Pro

Just finished a small shift at work so got around 10/11 hours today to play with until I go back to work at 10pm tonight.

[rant]What I learnt last night was my board are pants, given me a pish budget for transfers (1.5k ha) and 6.9k a week wages. Was already using that before the new season started and I'd released a few players. The board rejected both my advances for more transfer and wage money. They are more worried about the facilities than the players at this point in time which is annoying. I thought establishing ourselves in top flight football should take priority. [/rant]

Anyhoo's....I jut signed a Scotsman. Nothing special just a 32 year old Simon Lappin who will be my LB for the season. Just beat Sheff Utd in a friendly and Everton to come next. Raking some money in via friendlies is awesome.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lower Leagues Rule View Post
    OMG an away victory over Barca thats HUGE! Biggest result of the thread so far haha.
    That's all I wanted to hear

Des Tiny's Turkish Kebab
    Ummm Adventure maybe...

Good luck with the Afy's Des, good to have you back!
    Quote Originally Posted by berty1978 View Post
    Lorca Deportiva Club de Futbol - Season 2010/11 summary - Spanish Second Division B4
    Code:
    Season   | Division             | Finished | Spanish Cup | Achievements
    2010/11  | Second Division B4   | 6th      | N/A         | Close to the play-offs
    Great first year at Lorca berty . 6th is an excellent finish.

On the Castillo front I've just been informed that my chairman is looking to leave the club. I just hope he doesn't pocket that £1m from the Barca game . I also hope that I don't get a tycoon takeover - as much as I loved it with Savona last year, I'd like this year to be my own hard work and not millions of pounds thrown at the club!

Third Team

Consortium of businessmen including a former football are interested. Should happen in a few weeks apparently...intriguing

First Team Regular

Superb result there iacavone
    In other news, my chairman is looking to step aside

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iacovone View Post
    Consortium of businessmen including a former football are interested. Should happen in a few weeks apparently...intriguing
    mitre classic by any chance? heh

Wish my chairman would FO.

Third Team

\o/ convinced the board to relay the pitch at the end of the season as it is currently 'terrible'. Need to hope the new board bring ambitions of a youth academy as the current idiots seem dead set against it! I'm convinced they are going to scarper with the cash in the bank

First Team Regular

We need a new name for this challenge

Third Team

FFS

Alberto 'made of glass' Merola has fractured his ribs in training 4 days before the Atletico Madrid match. Means he'll miss both legs. Looks like Onyema will have to step up and cause problems again.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by el sid View Post
    Intriguing...any ideas?

Youth Team
    MM Arena, Le Mans, France (Big Euro Nation Challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by el sid View Post
    in what way??

Iacovone - marvellous result v Barca. couldn't manage to stay up last night for it but it's just made my lunch!! fantastic mate and the money is nice too.

LLR - good luck with the Afy's. i had debated trying Turkey so it'll be interesting to see how you go.

Ohanzee - that was a great job offer. done the right thing staying with Noja though!!

berty - good first season with Lorca. some decent signings too. it'll be interesting to see how you get on with Dervite for a whole season... good luck.

Youth Team

Good luck in Turkey LLR.

Btw, you can't sign foreigners in the 2nd Division but did you know Azeris, Kazahks, Uzbeks and Turkmenis do not count as foreigners? The only problem is the regens from all of those nations are generally rubbish!

Having said that, I did sign an aging Kazahk striker (Aliyenkov I think) in FM09 to help Yalovaspor theough their first few seasons and there was a handy Uzbek striker (regen) who spend most of his career in the Super Lig so it may be worth checking the central asian regens once in a while.

Third Team

Welcome to the Castillo del Romeral for this 4th round 1st leg tie against Atletico Madrid. We have a 2/3rds full stadium of 2626 fans in attendance today.

I have thrown a new signing straight up front in Merola's absence. Wonder if Nicola Giacomini can surprise a few people. He has electric pace that's all I'll say

Atletico have neglected to include Sergio Aguero and Andre-Pierre Gignac thank god!

12mins: Juan Carlos receives a pull back and hits one 20 yards out, deflected but Fran makes the save.

34mins: Jonathan Gomez put in a low cross to the back post where Barkroth was waiting. Too far out for a shot he put another cross into the 6 yard box and it was a battle of will between Amodio and Hoarau. Hoarau won the scamble...1-0 down.

38mins: Disaster, Barkroth sent the ball into the box and Amodio challenged Juan Carlos but tripped him - penalty. Hoarau stepped up and converted the penatly. 2-0 down

45mins: Ravel Morrison found space on the left and beat the full back. Went to swing a cross in and it was deflected for a corner. Except the defender tried to keep it on, instead heading straight to Morrison, who picked his spot to make it 2-1. GOAL for Castillo!!!

48mins: Fran to Angel Luis at RB. As the pressure came he hoofed the ball forward, inadvertantly sending the new boy Giacomini through on goal. He moved the ball onto his left foot and bang! GOAL!!! 2-2!!!

HT

54mins: Giacomini strikes just wide for the good guys.

77mins: Horoau tries to get a shot off but its bravely blocked again!

84mins: Juan Carlos sends one just wide of Frans post.

91mins: An Amodio corner is swung in and Carletti heads a looping header to the back post....cleared off the line!! So unlucky...

93mins: Ball breaks to Vlug who carries it forward and slips in Giacomini...the Atletico defenders catch him up but the ball breaks to Carletti who bundles his way through two tackles...chance....GOAL!!!!! 3-2 Castillo!! 3-2 Castillo!!! What a well taken goal!!!

Unbelievable...how on earth are my players defeating Atletico Madrid and Barcelona and then losing to Gimnastica 2-0!? Madness.

Youth Team

great result there iacovone...... it doesn't make sense does it??????

Third Team

It really doesn't!! With performances like this we should be winning our league by miles. Must be my team talks or something .

Either way we'll be celebrating this result for a while! We have Barakaldo at home (which we'll probably lose) and then head to Madrid for the big one!

They are 2nd in Liga BBVA by the way. It really is madness, I've never had a set of results like this

Third Team

First off potential new chairman Pedro Gil has stated he wants Javi Baraja to become the new Castillo manager should his consortium take over the club. **** off this is my house!!!!

Secondly...Welcome to the Nuevo Vicente Calderon!! We have a full strength squad to pick from, other than Alberto Merola and I've stuck with the same side that played in the home leg.

Atletico have brought Gignac and Gio Dos Santos back into their side and are quite clearly going for this!!

1min: Jose Angel crosses for Gignac to tuck in a header from close range. 1-0 down, losing on away goals.

10mins: Maureta caught in possession but Amodio gets back to make the tackle.

16mins: Giacomini has a chance but it is straight at the keeper. The resultant goal kick finds its way over our defence and Gignac is in...chopped down by Amodio, penalty...2-0 down

23mins: Angel Luis caught in possession by Dos Santos...he maraudes down the right and crosses for Gignac...3-0 and a 23 minute hattrick

44mins: Gio gets down the right again, crosses for Barkroth who is chopped down by Amodio again. Penalty again. Goal again. 4-0...4 for Gignac.

HT

56mins: We clear a header off the line.

62mins: Fran tips over a Gignac point blank header.

69mins: Gacic hits one from distance for us. Our first highlight \o/

72mins: We break up play and hit them on the counter attack. Malafaia's shot goes harmlessly wide though.

82mins: Raul Garcia picks the ball up on the edge of the box and smashes one home to make it 5-0

FT

Well I guess we had that coming to us in the end! 5-0 is kind of what I expected to happen in the Barca games and the home leg of this game so can't complain really. Carlo Amodio did have a shocker though (3.4)...

Third Team

There were 41393 fans there which meant a delightful £500k boost to the coffers. We're now into the £2m mark!

First Team Regular

Gignac

First Team Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rlipscombe View Post
    in what way??
    Like we had JoseRR as the name of the challenge last year

Third Team

Have you completed the challenge el sid

Part-Timer

Good luck in Turkey LLR!
    Porto are tough Uffe. Great players and play a formation I hate to (in my game)
    berty1978 that's an amazing first season. I think you must be the first one to not finish a breath away from relegation the first season in Spain? Well done! You have some brilliant players though, how is your wage budget? Rodri alone have almost twice the budget I had first season (our budget was £3,3K total). Looks like you've found a club with great promise!
    Amazing result at home again iacovone! I agree, it don't make sense. My team also seem to perform a lot better as underdogs. Always been the case in FM though imo.

We've played a few more EURO cup matches ourselves.

1st KO round
    Dortmund (away) 1-1
    Dortmund (home) 4-1

2nd KO round
    Udinese (away) 1-1
    Udinese (home) 2-1

We got Porto coming up, which will be tough I fear. They have some the best regens in the game in midfield. And they play a formation I hate, a sort of 352 with 3 MC and 2 WB. Either way we've done great in our first season. And we're doing great in the league.

Third Team

Nice work there Ohanzee! Good luck against Porto - so rare to come up against teams playing WBs on this!

I think we may be back on track now. A 1-1 away draw with Ferrol was admirable and we've just defeated forever high flying Burgos (3rd) 5-1 at home. ...could we make a late playoff push?

That included a hattrick from new man Giacomini

Part-Timer

Great result against Burgos. They where my Nemesis for so long!

EURO Cup Qtr Final
    Porto (home) 2-0 - We scored after just 6' minutes through our European striker of the year Ferri. After that Porto changed to a 532 with a back 5 instead of wing backs. And we controlled the match after that. Could have been more if they didn't have MoM Cavalieri in their goal.

Third Team

Still that's a fine result, no away goals conceded too! Could be crucial.

Burgos have been a real thorn in my 7() seasons but its now Vecindario who are the pain! They've only lost once all year and won the title off me last year. Somehow didn't get promoted! We have them at home next...

Part-Timer

First season done. Update later today.

Part-Timer

EURO Cup Qtr Final leg 2 | Porto (away) 1-2
    I feared the worst as Porto set out in their 352 again and surely after 26' minutes we where already 2-0 down. At half time we had a hopeless 4 shots on goal to their 9. My assistant wanted to tell the players they only needed one more goal, but I was mad, really mad. So I told them just how angry I was with them. I guess they got scared (in a good way), cause they completely outplayed Porto in the 2nd half. We couldn't get a goal though as Cavalieri kept bringing out his best.

Extra time. First half nothing happened, and I mean nothing. Then aftet 107' minutes we got our goal. Paul Clayton from a corner kick! After 116' minutes Bianchi thought he had scored the equalizer, but it was disallowed. It didn't matter though as it finished 2-1!

Thanks for the corner routine iacovone. I haven't checked how it's done in the league, but that goal alone is worth it

We got Bordeaux (who beat Bayern Munich) in the Semi Finals. The other one has Manchester City and Benfica. Bad news is Ferri will miss at least 2 matches from his injury. That means he's out for our away match to Getafe, who we are actually still competing with for the league title. And the first game against Bordeaux.

--edit--

Whoo hoo! We beat Getafe easily. Hammered them really. This season is getting incredibly exciting now. We are top of the table. But Valencia just 3 points behind will beat us if we end up on even points cause we lost both home and away to them.

We have home games against Celta and Albacete and away games against Murcia and Espanyol left. Two of the tougher teams away. Valencia have Salamanca, Malaga and Getafe away and Sporting home.

I bet we manage to toss it away and end up losing on equal points even though our goal difference is miles better. Crappy rule. Exciting!

--edit2-

EURO Cup Semi Final leg 1 | Bordeaux (home) 5-1
    The result does in no way reflect the game. A 3-3 would probably be a more fair result, but I don't care Vlcek stepped up to the task of replacing Ferri up front and scored a hat-trick. My turn to have the goalkeeper that plays 8.0+. Their goalie played 5.70.

We beat Celta at home 3-1, but Valencia also won their game. Vlcek pulled his hamstring and is out for 2 weeks
    Last edited by Ohanzee; 17-11-2009 at 16:16.

Third Team

Wow its going to be close Ohanzee!! I think you'll do it, you seem immune to the forum curse

The takeover of Castillo collapsed. Ah well, probably wouldn't have brought much to the club anyway. On we go...

First Team Regular

What do you know, takeover of Munster also collapsed

Third Team

I'm up to 8th with 13 games left. This is the highest we've been all season

5 points off the playoffs so it really is a realistic chance of us catching them

Third Team

Hmmm Dodgee I didn't know that about the "non-foreigners" makes it a little bit more interesting, on another note I am able to scout all of southern europe, but I cannot buy any of their players, are you serious. And I am going to have real trouble with my future side, even in the top division I can only have a max of 8 foreigners in my 23 man squad, I have never played with a local based side before, but it makes for a challenge

I think Iacovone it has something to do with your team being given no chance at all and you throwing them out there in an attacking formation, the other team comes at you, your defenders just hack it down the other end and then a striker pounces and scores. Your main tactic is not a possession holding one is it? Because I have found in my 4 seasons with 4 different teams so far that if you use a slow possession game against those below you it seems to work better, while when you are under dogs a quicker attacking game seems to work. Of course I could just be fluking it haha.

Part-Timer

Cheers iacovone. I hope you're right

EURO Cup Semi Final leg 2 | Bordeaux (away) 2-1
    I took a bit of a risk and put two of our first teamers on the bench cause they where 1 yellow card away from a ban. Didn't matter though as our very own Stella played another amazing game in goal and got a MoM award for it. Another game we didn't really deserve to win, but we're in the final!

Manchester City awaits. I don't have to high hopes of beating them, they are most likely just in this competition cause England isnt playable in this save. They'd probably be in the top 4 of England by now with their money. They have some amazing players, but their defense seem to be the weakest link, just like for us. Could be an entertaining final.

Part-Timer

Hallescher End Of Season 2010/2011

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Position: 17th

Transfers

Finances

Graph

League. Very very very poor season, 17th place ahh well atleast we didn't get relegated

Players

GK: Ron-Robert Zieler. Some of you may know him as being a part of the youth team at Man Utd. He did OK, hopefully he'll be in good form next season. Were gonna need it
    DL: Shervin Radjabali-Fardi. On loan from Hertha BSC, regarded as one of the best players at the club.
    DC: Cristian Kamalla. 25 year old. Decent stats, may be replaced next season.
    DC: Adli Lachheb. Our best defender. 5 goals in 29 apps 7.07 Av R
    DR: Stanko Galic. Bosnian DR, has 1 cap for his nation. has decent stats
    ML: Nico Kanitz. Pretty good for our league.
    MR: René Stark. Did OK when called upon.
    MC: Thorsten Görke. Our 34 year old club captain. Did Fine
    MC: Steve Finke. Scored a couple of 30-yard screamers even tho his Long Shots is 7
    ST: Markus Muller. Decent Composure. Our best striker.
    ST: Ronny Hebestreit. Our heading beast!! 20 in heading. getting old, will probably play next season getting a bit old.
    Last edited by bjoggi33; 17-11-2009 at 16:38.

Semi Pro

Great going Ohanzee, good luck in the Euro Cup final (assuming you don't lose 4-0 at Bordeaux).
    Finances looking excellent iacovone, mine aren't so healthy at almost a cool million in debt. This is despite staying within our wage budget, and you'd think with the high budget (£48k pw last season, £42k this season, we started as a professional club) the board would plough a bit of money in now and again, but no.

Edit, should refresh before posting, Ohanzee didn't lose 4-0.

Part-Timer

Well done staying up bjoggi33! I know Zieler from United. He should do well for you.

We beat Albacete 1-0 at home, but Valencia again won away to Malaga. We're also getting somewhat of a injury crisis. Benedetti, Ribeiro, Vlcek and Estevez are all out for the season. Only Benedetti and Vlcek would start games, but we really can't take many more injuries now, especially in midfield.

(edit) And just as I post Pepe also gets injured for the rest of the season. Another backup, but we're getting very thin in midfield now. Praying none of the big guns get injured now.

Semi Pro

If anyone is playing through steam they will know about the achievements, I have just parked the tank which is not conceding in 10 games.

Problem now with my poor finances and doing so well, teams will bid for our players and the board will accept, £275k coming in for our right back , at least he isn't one of our U23 players.
    Last edited by berty1978; 17-11-2009 at 16:50.

Third Team

Haha that's a highly coveted achievement berty!

After me talking up our playoff hopes we went and lost 3-0 away at Ourense, awful result. We had 3 ccc's, they had zero. Frustrating

Part-Timer

berty1978 that's brilliant, I doubt we'll ever get that one hehe.

We just lost away to Murcia 1-0. Horrible horrible game. Pardini sent off after just 15 minutes, then Clayton is sent off after 87'. And to top it off Kameni (their goalie) saved 2 clear cut chances from Ferri in the last 10 minutes of the game

Good news is Valencia only managed 1-1 at home to Sporting, so we're still in it. 2 points clear with 1 game left. We might need a win away to Espanyol. If Valencia win a draw won't be enough for us. And ofc we lost Pardini, which means we're down to scraps in midfield. Might have to got attacking and play Ferri in AMC instead of my usual 3 MC away formation.

First we got the EURO Cup final though.

Third Team

I want play by play Ohanzee

Part-Timer

Okey here we go.

EURO Cup Final, Ramat-Gan.
    Manchester City - S.D Noja

Ramat-Gan stadium in Israel is completely filled with 41,583 people coming to see this match.

Man City have some trouble in center of defense with Richards and Luisao out injured, but neither have been first teamers this season anyways.
    S.D Noja have some injury trouble of their own, left-back Benedetti mainly who is replaced by the Swedish Lars-Gunnar Danielsson. European Striker of the Year Filippo Ferri is ready to battle though.

Expecting a high scoring match as both teams are better in attack than defense.

First Half
    13' Ferri gets a good shooting chance just inside the box. Akinfeev saves, but it's a corner. Calzado takes it and Clayton gets to it, but Akinfeev saves again.
    24' GOAL NOJA. Saavedra gets the ball on the edge of the box and manage to turn on his marker. He hits a beatuiful curled shot into the corner.
    30' A crossed free kick finds a unmarked Clayton, but his header goes over the bar. Noja are dominating
    35' A missed pass give Destro a chance for City. He takes the shot from 40 yards but it's closer to the corner flag than the goal.
    37' Another crossed free-kick finds Claytons head. He puts it back into the box and Ferri has a chance. He passes back to Ramon who shoots, but it's blocked.
    39' Big chance for Man City. A string of passes and they are through on goal. Stella is out quickly and stops a certain goal.
    44' GOAL NOJA. Ferri wins the ball on the edge of the 16 yard box. He makes no mistake and it's 2-0 Noja!!
    46' GOAL NOJA! Stella starts a quick counter attack and Rossi finds Saavedra on the left wing. He's well placed for a shot but instead passes it across the 6 yard box to Ferri who has an open goal. Easy finish! 3-0!!

Half Time
    Who would have thought this. Not only are Noja 3-0 up, they've given City only 1 good chance. (I'm pondering what to tell my players. I will go for "Thrilled", this is amazing so far).

Second Half
    50' GOAL NOJA! A great passing move starting with goalkeeper Stella ends up with a beautiful through pass to Ferri. Akinfeev makes a fantastic save, but Rossi gets to the rebound. From a very tight angle he puts it away! 4-0! Surely that's it.
    54' Saavedra gets to the byline and his cross finds Ferri. Akinfeev saves though, it was a bad header.
    56' Another quick counter by Noja ends with a shot by Calzado from just outside the box. Akinfeev saves again.
    59' Another great counter for Noja, but Ferri once again can't finish it. High and wide.
    61' GOAL MAN CITY! Big mistake by right back Barbosa as he passes the ball to Dubois. He finishes from outside the box and it's 4-1
    Time to make a change. Henderson on for Calzado and moving him to defensive midfield. Time wasting up to max!!
    77' Big chance for Man City as Dubois gets a one on one with Stella. Stella wins, another big save.
    79' GOAL NOJA! Henderson picks the ball up in his defensive role and plays a through ball to Rossi. He's in a great position and puts it away behind a very frustrated Akinfeev. 5-1!
    84' GOAL NOJA! Ferri holds up the ball and gives it to Ramon. He plays a crossing through ball to the left wing where Hornsby is through. He puts it in the far corner. Akinfeev wants to dig a hole!

Full Time
    That's it. S.D Noja are the EURO Cup Champions of 2019!

Match stats | more stats
    Last edited by Ohanzee; 17-11-2009 at 17:51.

Semi Pro

Aww, no play by play then?
    Again, too slow on the posting.
    Good luck Ohanzee.

Third Team

C'mon Noja!!

Third Team

In Castillo news, I can't wait to do a screenshot of my other new Italian striker. He's phenomenal!

Paolo Mirabelli - remember the name! He has 9 in 9 now

Ohanzee - 'we want 5! we want 5!!'

Third Team

Poor City not even being given a chance haha. Now don't get complacent at halftime :P

Third Team

We just beat 2nd placed Lugo at their place 3-1 to move onto the same points as 4th placed Gimnastica. Playoffs are looking (dare I say it) likely! What a massive result that was. We don't have a tough run in either - 9 games to go

Semi Pro

Wow, 5-1 up, safe to say it's in the bag now. Well done.
    And good luck making the play-offs iacovone, you'll have a nice transfer and wage budget next year hopefully in the Liga adelante.

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ohanzee View Post
    84' GOAL NOJA! Ferri holds up the ball and gives it to Ramon. He plays a crossing through ball to the left wing where Hornsby is through. He puts it in the far corner. Akinfeev wants to dig a hole!
    Ohanzee - 'we want 5! we want 5!!'
    Booooo!

I wanted 5 not 6

Absolutely phenomenal performance by the sounds of it. First European trophy in the thread?

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by berty1978 View Post
    Wow, 5-1 up, safe to say it's in the bag now. Well done.
    And good luck making the play-offs iacovone, you'll have a nice transfer and wage budget next year hopefully in the Liga adelante.
    Not made the playoffs yet. Fuerteventura held us to a 0-0 at home. Really lame performance and it pegs us back again

Part-Timer

Wow what a match, I added stat screens in the update. Fans are jubilant, board is ecstatic, I'm shocked.

Amateur

Pisa - End of Season 3 Review - 2012-13

League ¦ Graph ¦ Transfers ¦ Squad

The Season
    Not much to say about this season in general. We started off extremely well and were topping the table early on. We then had a bit of a slump which saw us slip down to mid-table at the Christmas break.
    From there we pretty much remained mid-table for the second half of the season and ended our first season in Serie B with a highly respectable 10th placed finish.

The Players

Just a brief summary of the best players for my team this season;

Divine Fonjock: My best player again. Contributed many key goals and assists throughout the season and deservedly achieved a place in the Serie B Team of the Year as well as earning 2nd place in the Serie B Player of the Year.

Daniele Paponi: My top scorer for the season. He managed to bag 16 league goals this season despite having another poor start with 1 or 2 in the first 10 games.

Anduele Pryor: Proved to be invaluable as my left winger as he contributed to a club record 17 assists in 1 season.

Jeremy Schumacher: The young Belgian keeper in his second season with the club saved us on several occasions and earned us some valuable points. He is now highly sought after and i have already turned down a few offers from other clubs.

Next Seasons Aims

My aims for the next season is to improve on my 10th place finish this season and maybe scrape into the playoffs if i am lucky. My main problem will be the limit of players i can register over the ages of 23 and 21 as some of my younger players have now crossed that line.

Semi Pro

Got to be happy with that season Stella, Serie A not too far off there.

If I said I'm 17 points clear with 10 games left will anyone believe me?

Part-Timer

StellaF1 - Well done, that's a great performance in Serie B.
    iacovone - Good luck in the run in. Crossing fingers for more playoff fun.

Last game of the season, away to Espanyol! I only found out before the game that Ramon was also supsended for picking up enough yellow cards. But another class performance by Stella and brilliant finishing was enough. Didn't really matter though as Valencia only drew 1-1 away to Getafe.

We've done the double!!!

I won't have time to do my update now, have to go out for a few hours. But a couple of interesting points. Barcelona ended in 5th place! We scored over 100 goals! Behind Valencia was Getafe! Real Madrid in 4th. I smell a change of power!

Third Team

Awesome stuff Ohanzee! What a season! Same to you too berty, sounds like you're storming the league - try to keep it up for the damn playoffs though!

Semi Pro

Awesome stuff Ohanzee! What a season! Same to you too berty, sounds like you're storming the league - try to keep it up for the damn playoffs though!
    Thanks iacovone, the play offs could well prove a stumbling block, but if we don't go up after the season I've had it will be criminal.
    Fantastic stuff Ohanzee, how many seasons before you complete the challenge, you're well set up for the CL.

Third Team

Oh dear, we just lost at home to Cultural Leonosa. There are 4 games remaining and we're 3 points off playoffs. Playing the team directly above us away next. Biggest game of the year and will decide whether or not we make the playoffs...

EDIT: Yes! What a result. 2-1 win thanks to Merola and Mirabelli - my deadly Italian duo

We have Zamora (9th) at home, Compestela (19th) away and Gimnastica (8th) at home to finish up. Its so tight anyone of 8 teams could take the remaining 3 playoff places.
    Last edited by iacovone; 17-11-2009 at 20:20.

Third Team

Wow we just just made the playoffs!

See!

Youth Team

Great stuff Ohanzee. Congrats on bringing the silverware home to Noja. European Super Cup next?

Hmmm Dodgee I didn't know that about the "non-foreigners" makes it a little bit more interesting, on another note I am able to scout all of southern europe, but I cannot buy any of their players, are you serious. And I am going to have real trouble with my future side, even in the top division I can only have a max of 8 foreigners in my 23 man squad, I have never played with a local based side before, but it makes for a challenge
    And of course, scout Germany if you can as a lot of dual nationality German-Turks will come through there. The same is true (though not quite on the same scale) for Holland, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and the Scandanavian countires.

The foreigner restrictions are tight (remember in the top league you can only have 6 of those 8 on the pitch at one time!) but whenever I've played in Turkey on previous versions of the game, the quality of Turkish regens that comes through later on is top notch (Yasar Dede and Cengiz Pamaukcu immediately spring to mind from the glory days of Yalovaspor )

Third Team

berty - we've been drawn against Lorca in the first playoff round .

Mon Castillo!!

Semi Pro

I should have done a live update on my play offs, but meh, I have to go to work soon and I'll do an update in the morning.

Well done iacovone, hope you do well in the play offs, you have to go through 3 rounds if you don't finish top IIRC.

Third Team

I'm well aware berty after failing at the 3rd stage last year

Third Team

Lost 1-0 in the home leg

Need a very big 2nd leg performance now

Part-Timer

Just keep on going.

Semi Pro

Another season complete. Update tomorrow as I have work at 10 til 6am.

Good luck iacovone, i want to read that you've been promoted when I wake up tomorrow lunchtime-ish.

Third Team

Well we've only gone and won the away leg 2-1

Through to the 2nd Playoff Phase. We keep on going! Marching on together...

EDIT: Sabadell (2nd in B3) are next up. We have the home leg first. Hoping for better than a 1-0 defeat tbh

Youth Team

congrats Ohanzee - great season!! completion is only a couple of seasons away.....

iacovone - good luck mate. fingers crossed for you - you deserve it.

Third Team

Thanks

Won 2-1 in the home leg. Leaves the tie seriously open. We have the lead, they have the away goal. Big 2nd leg required again...

EDIT: Drew 1-1 away to send us through! Went 1-0 down but super Alberto Merola scored in the 2nd half to put us through

EDIT2: We are going to be playing Alcoyano (2nd in B4) in the final playoff phase. They look strong but we avoided Cordoba who won B4, that would have been the nightmare tie.
    Last edited by iacovone; 17-11-2009 at 22:08.

Semi Pro
    Lusitânia Açores, Angra do Heroísmo - Big Euro Nation

Great result there Ohanzee. Reminds me of my first Champions League win last year against Valencia. I'm sure some will remember the 5-2 (I think) thrashing. Those days seem a long way away at the moment. And I know I promised updates today. Sorry, not happening, a little snowed under. Expect them at the latest this weekend.

I've just started another season. The biggest signing? Shola Ameobi!!

Third Team

Ameobi . Wow \o/

I've gone and drawn the home leg 2-2 unfortunately. Alcoyano deserved to win really, they were really good

For the 3rd playoff phase we're going to need an enormous performance away from home...

Youth Team

just lost a crucial game in the run-in.... 5 behind with 5 games to go. we do have a game in hand though but we'll need more than that...

Third Team

Hallelujah!!

At last, at long long last, we're up! And its all thanks to two goals in the last 15 minutes!! What a comeback. So proud. A remarkable season!

Semi Pro

Brilliant iacovone!! Hopefully I'll follow you soon. THough I notice you're rather further on in terms of years than me.

Ameobi doing a decent job so far. His pace is poor, but he can still put himself about and is a nuisance at this level.

Youth Team

congrats iacovone!! well done.... crack open the champagne!!

As for our game in hand, we won 3-2 with a 93rd minute winner......... 2 behind the league leaders now... who are COMO. Forza Lagunari!!

Third Team

I'm handing the baton over to you and PRDH now - go get promotion!!

Youth Team

I'm handing the baton over to you and PRDH now - go get promotion!!
    a crushing 2-1 home defeat against Valenzana has probably ended our hopes of automatic promotion... 5 behind Como again with 3 to play...

going to leave it there for the night.....

Semi Pro

I'll do my best. I've got off to a decent start. 4th after 6 games. But it's still very early. At least the bookies aren't tipping me for relegation this season. I've moved up to mid-table anonymity in their books!

Part-Timer

Congrats iacovone!! Well done! I was just reading post by post and when you drew at home I was getting deja vu. We drew with Alaves home and went on to beat them away to get promoted. Greatest feeling eh? Now just stay up and the hard part is done, you seem to have a great tactic to work with as well.

I'll try to type up my update now, but I just wanna say something. I didn't think I would actually win the league (let alone the EURO cup) this year, but I was half expecting to finish top 4 in the league. I'm really surprised at how easy it is to attract players once you get to the top division in Spain. And not only that, you can keep them to.

Last year at FC. Mulhouse my stars left one by one on bosman or cause my board sold them, and we finally just got lucky one season having kept the same team together a couple of years.

Now in Spain I feel like I can just keep all these players I've had for 3+ years and keep pushing. Even our European Striker of the Year signed a new contract instantly when I offered. Even with interest from Juventus, Liverpool, Inter, and the likes. This means I don't have to rebuild all the time, I can just get the player I want for each position and form him the way I like it (training and preferred moves). This of course means that if I pick up players my scouts think have potential to be good->leading players in the league, I can keep them until they become just that. Which is really fun, cause I was very frustrated last year when my players kept leaving me even though I did great in the EURO Cup.

Reserves

Back to this after completing my own challenge.

Signed a good goalie which was top priority. Still looking at wingers plus a dc and an mc or two. Hopefully the trialist day will throw up some gems.

Third Team

Juan Baldomero's...

Castillo C.F 2016/17 End of Season Review
    Second Division B1

The "marching on together" Edition

3rd|Graph
    Predicted Finish: 12th (up from 13th)

Squad 1|Squad 2

Transfers - notable January movements were seeing the three Italians come in (Giacomini, Mirabelli & Esposito) and the Cameroonian Eric Eto'o

Finances - Sitting quite beautifully at just under £2m. Should set us up nicely for the Liga Adelante

Season Ticket Holders - 48 (3 more than last year)
    Estimated Value - £1.4m (up by £475k)

The Generalities...

This could be the best season seen by a small club at this level . Seriously not only did we achieve promotion via the most difficult system ever, we created Spanish legend by defeating the mighty Barcelona 1-0 at the Camp Nou (I still can't believe it) and knocking them out. We then beat Atletico Madrid at the Castillo del Romeral 3-2 before finally succumbing 5-0 away. Nonetheless, great things happened this year, the island of Gran Canaria has never been so revered.

We also scored the 2nd most goals from corners this year - so everybody keep using my corner routine

The Players...

Gk...

Fran - Ever-present for the 2nd year running. 51 appearances in a highly successful defence. Really like him, has been solid ever since he joined.

The Defenders...

Johan Abels - Our best defender and possibly best player on paper. Had his head turned by other clubs just before our final playoff phase but stuck to his game well. Hope I can keep him.

Jacopo Filippi - Struggled to fit in this year. He can be good going forward but I need more defensively from him to see him as a permanent 1st teamer.

Eric Eto'o - Joined in December on a free and has been great. Can slot in anywhere other than RB and is dependable.

Angel Luis - Played almost all the season at RB. Nowhere near good enough for the step up. He'll become one of the forgotten men of this promotion side.

Carlo Amodio - A fan favourite and despite the shaky start to the year, commanded the defence well.

Salvatore Esposito - Came here in January and looks all set to be a first choice LB from now. Very talented and not many weaknesses.

The Midfielders...

Andy Clarke - Had a great first half to the season before I realised I needed my experienced campaigners in the middle of the park. Has a future here though.

Aleksander Gacic - Real disappointment here. Perhaps not helped by me not deciding on his best position but I expected better in spite of that.

Ricardo Malafaia - 35 and declining but his experience is invaluable. Was going to let him go on a free this summer but rewarded his leadership with a one year deal. He'll struggle to get games but he deserves to retire here!

Marco Carletti - Bit of an enigma in midfield. Can be brilliant one minute and then awful the next. If we can get consistency from him I fancy him to go on to become an excellent CM.

Michael Muhr - Another disappointment really. Was given chances to make the AMC role his own but didn't offer enough in the goals column.

Ravel Morrison - Struggled massively at the start of the year, battling his demons due to unwanted media attention. Eventually shrugged it off and had a good tail end to the year.

Lamine Thiam - Hard to say how Lamine did. On paper should get tons of assists due to his passing expertise but struggled to impact games as much as I'd like. Maybe in the future his time will come.

Jeffrey Vlug - We wave goodbye to a real star at the club this summer. Jeffrey refused to sign a new deal (I bet he's cursing himself now). Wasn't his best season for us but still could be relied upon when the chips were down.

The Strikers...

Alberto Merola - Not as deadly as last year but still got 16 goals. I worry for his long term future as he seems really susceptible to injuries unfortunately.

Nicola Giacomini - Came in January and got off to a flier scoring a 2nd game hattrick. Couldn't quite establish himself though but useful as an impact sub with his pace.

Paolo Mirabelli - Also joined in January and clearly had a major impact bagging 15 goals. He's a very talented striker that can also play in the midfield so will be hugely useful next year. Was voted signing of the season!

Average Attendance: 782 (last year 754)
    Fans Player of the Year: Johan Abels
    My Player of the Year: Fran

The League Campaign...

We began shoddily losing our first 5 games in a row! It was very unexpected as we'd had a good pre-season but I imagine it was because the team hadn't gelled due to the large number of arrivals. The graph is a great indicator of how we grew into the season, gradually scaling the league to finish 3rd.

We were nowhere near as convincing as last year on the road, receiving a couple of drubbings on our travels. However we did have the tendency to show real grit and grind out the results when it mattered. The 3-0 win at Cultural Leonosa sticks in the mind, as does the 3-1 win at Lugo. Nonetheless the real result of the year was the 5-1 spanking we administered to Burgos at home. This made me realise that if we could string some form together we'd go far.

And that we did - making the playoffs by the skin of our teeth. Once in the playoffs we had to rely on some major away performances to see us through. The highlight was undoubtedly the 2-1 win at Alcoyano to secure promotion. All in all it was a rollercoaster ride, but come the end, we'd done what was necessary!

The Copa del Rey...

Again this year I had no idea why we were entered. Especially as we weren't in the Federation Cup this year. Weird.

Not that this is the important note to make about our cup travails this year. Toledo were dispatched 5-1 at home in the 1st Round before we saw off eventual league champions Vecindario on penalties at home in the 2nd Round. That was a mighty fine result given how badly we were playing at the time! In the 3rd Round high flying Lugo were also beaten at home 2-0.

This meant we'd reached the glamorous 4th Round where the Liga BBVA teams entered. To my joy we were paired up with Barcelona for a money spinning tie that I presumed we had no hope in. After conceding a 93rd minute Barca equaliser at home to end 2-2 we travelled to the legendary Camp Nou to try and limit the damage in the 2nd leg. Instead what happened will forever more be regaled as Spanish folklore. I have no doubt that this will be the best ever result I will achieve on any FM. It was simply astonishing to come away with a 1-0 victory (and £1m!).

Next up we took on the mighty Atletico Madrid. The home leg again led to scenes of disbelief as we somehow overturned them 3-2 on our tiny island. Marco Carletti scrambled in the all important winner at the death. Fans nervously hoped for a repeat of the Barca clash in the 2nd leg but they were to leave empty handed as Andre-Pierre Gignac took us apart with 4 goals. We lost 5-0 but story will live long in the memories of Spaniards. Castillo C.F. had arrived.

Other Stuff...

Club Info - Johan Abels joins the clubs favoured personnel.

Best XI

Best Overall XI

There have been no improvements to facilities or stadia at the club.

The U19s came 14th out of 16 again and are still utterly useless.

Stadium developments for us this summer have meant all my good work in raising £2m in funds have been absolutely wrecked! The idiot chairman hasn't even taken out a loan!! So we are now £4m in debt!! To say I'm angry is an understatement.

The Plan...

Well we are in real trouble now. With our bank balance so significantly in the red I'm certain I'll get no funds to improve the squad for next year. We now have nothing to improve the youth facilities and nothing to improve the training facilities. We won't be able to get anymore staff and the pitch won't be able to be relayed. Basically all my plans that I'd made and fought to raise money for over 7 seasons have been royally f'd up by the chairman. Hope he leaves the club as soon as possible.

Basically if I come straight back down it will cripple me as a human being .

Progress so far...

Code:
    Season   Division          Position     Achievements
    2010/11  2nd Division B1   15th         N/A
    2011/12  2nd Division B1   12th         N/A
    2012/13  2nd Division B1   8th          N/A
    2013/14  2nd Division B1   13th         N/A
    2014/15  2nd Division B1   10th         N/A
    2015/16  2nd Division B1   2nd          Lost in 2nd Round of Playoff Phase, Quarters of Federation Cup
    2016/17  2nd Division B1   3rd          Promoted via the Playoffs

Third Team

That was a mammoth report right there!

Youth products are in and no-one is over half a star for the 7th year running

We've been given £1.84m for TV rights which will help a little with the debt but we have no transfer funds and barely any room to bring in players on free transfers. Going to have to rely on loans to keep us up. That is if I can tempt anyone here...

Part-Timer

S.D. Noja Season Review 2018/19
    1st in LIGA BBVA (pred: 8th) | EURO Cup Winner | Super Cup Winner | Transfers | Finances | Graph | Cup

The League
    It started really bad with a loss away to Barcelona. This was to be expected of course, and we played really well so I was encouraged. With good reason. The next 10 games we went on a 8-1-1 record. After that we hovered around the 4th spot until the 32nd game when a 2-0 win at home to Las Palmas took us into 1st place. It was close until the last game with Valencia always ready to steal it, but we hung on. Partly thanks to Valencia slipping up. CHAMPIONS!

The Spanish Cup
    I let my second choice players play every game here this year, and they did well. Getting to the quarter final where Real Madrid where to strong. They managed a epic away win at the Bernabeu though. The two young players I got last summer (Krejcik and Wanderson) especially enjoyed the experience.

The EURO Cup
    It's already documented a lot on this page, but a recap. We got Vetra of Lithuania in the qualifier and they where no match. Then we flew through a fairly easy group of Besiktas, Rapid Wien and BATE. Besiktas being the toughest and they got to the quarter final in the end. We then beat Dortmund of Germany and Udinese of Italy with good away draws and finishing the job at home. Porto was beaten in the quarter final, this was the toughest two games. Bordeaux was brushed away with lethal finishing, we never deserved such a huge result at home. And then came the epic final against Manchester City, which you can read all about here. CHAMPIONS!!

The Squad
    We have a great squad of players now. Most of them have been here several years and improved a lot since they first came. Here's the team stats and as usual poke if you wanna see anyone in particular. I'll pick my favorite team.

GK - Paolo Stella. Been here all 4 seasons in the BBVA. Doing better every year. 16 clean sheets in the league this year! Saved us on many occasions.
    DR - Paulo Barbosa. This is one of the positions I'm still not sold on. My assistant think he's a leading star, and he does the job, but every once in a while he'll make some crazy mistakes. He's doing a great job though.
    DL - Nicola Benedetti. Another position I'm not sold on. He's been at the club for 8 seasons now! That's probably the main reason he's still here. I can't get myself to toss him out, and he really does a great job. Not a leading star though by any means.
    DC - Bogdan Petrenko. Leading start, and he should be with the amount of money we payed. Did a great job in his first season. Next year he can play in Europe to.
    DC - Azamat Krasnov. I love this guy. His defensive attributes are amazing. These two Ukrainians will likely be our first choice for a while.
    MC - Daniele Pardini. Great midfielder. Got most of what I look for in one.
    MC - Ramón. He's 20 years now. Played his 4th season and he's doing better each year. My assistant think he's just a good player though and won't improve much more. He's "trying killer balls often" now, like Iniesta
    MCa - Pedro Calzado. 19 years old now, and a wonderkid. Brilliant season by him in every way. He's also trying killer balls often. Clearly a leading star.
    AMR - Giulio Rossi. Another old timer. Been with us for 5 years now. Another great season by him. Worried he won't get better, but he's good enough to be honest.
    AML - Zdenek Vlcek. Hard choice, but Vlcek wins now that he's accomplished at playing in this position. He can become better than Ferri apparently. He may already be, if he got to play up front a whole season.
    SC - Filippo Ferri. European Striker of the Year and our Captain. He had a unbelievable season. He's trained to be AMC as well now, and scored a couple of hat tricks from that position.

Worth mentioning. Paul Clayton, cause he played so well in Europe. Franco Estevez, cause the only reason he's not a first choice is that we have Calzado. John Hornsby cause he's been here 6 years and is still useful. Bianchi, cause he's probably be our topscorer if we didn't have Ferri and Vlcek. Our 3 front men plus Calzado and Rossi gave us over 100 goals this year, amazing!

The Awards
    • League Player of the Year : 1st (Calzado) and 2nd (Ferri)
    • Manager of the Year : 1st (Tommi Helm)
    • Most Improved Team of the Year : 3rd
    • LIGA BBVA Team of the Season : 3 starters, 2 subs.
    • Spanish Player of the Year : 1st (Calzado)
    • Spanish Young Player of the Year : 1st (Calzado)
    • European Striker of the Year: 1st (Ferri)

The Backbone
    • We made profit again this year, once again mostly due to selling players. Our balance is extremely solid.
    • Our facilities are still average and basic, but the board promise they will improve them.
    • Average attendance this year was 8,165. I want a new stadium!

Goals for next year
    • Get past the group stage of Champions League. Not sure if we'll be seeded high. I assume that goes by team coef. not country.
    • Another top 4 finish in the league. I don't expect another win, simply because the top teams are unlikely to have such crap seasons again. And the points total we won with is the lowest since 2010.
    • Look for reinforcements if possible, but mainly keep the same first team.

Code:
    SEASON	LEAGUE	POS	S-CUP		EUROPE		NOTES
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    10/11	2D-B1	15th	-		-		Almost relegated
    11/12	2D-B1	11th	-		-
    12/13	2D-B1	2nd	-		-		Promotion!
    13/14	LIGAa	10th	3rd rnd		-		Stayed up
    14/15	LIGAa	1st	2nd rnd		-		Promoted!!
    15/16	LBBVA	12th	4th rnd		-		Stayed up!
    16/17	LBBVA	12th	Semi Final	-		Nothing exciting
    17/18	LBBVA	6th	Winners		-		Won Cup! Europe qual.!
    18/19	LBBVA	1st	Qtr Final	ECup Winner	Won League, Super Cup, EURO Cup
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2D-B1 = Second Division B1 | F-CUP = Federation Cup | S-CUP = Spanish Cup
    LIGAa = LIGA adelante | LBBVA = LIGA BBVA |

Part-Timer

Great review iacovone, and congrats again on promotion! Really strange that you're not getting a loan though I like Paolo Mirabelli and Abels. Hope you can stay up. I don't wish anyone a drop down to that dreaded promotion system ever again!

--edit-
    I completely forgot about this. Goals from corner. We got 9 in the league which was 4th best. 1 in the Spanish Cup, which was 17th best. And I dunno in EURO Cup cause it refuses to show me any stats now, but I know we scored at least once to get us through to the Semi Final.

Thanks for that iacovone, big improvement over the crappy one I used.
    Last edited by Ohanzee; 18-11-2009 at 02:25.

Amateur

Just caught up with this after being away for a few days. Massive gratz to Gilbster, Ohanzee and iacovone for their fine achievements, and to everyone for making the thread such an excellent read

Ohanzee, seedings are done on team coefficients, but your European win should do a lot for you in that respect, and your basic coefficient is the basic national one anyway.

Nearly a third of the way through Magdeburg's second season and we're drawing a lot. Made more changes to the team than anticipated, will probably put a summer report up in the next couple of days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast